[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The brotherhood are space marines What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1448621076023.jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448621076023.jpg
34 KB, 720x405
>The brotherhood are space marines

What went wrong?
>>
>>318032373
Explain
>>
bethesda
>>
>>318032373
>Wrong
We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA’S FUREH!
>>
I fucking loved the Brotherhood in Fallout 2

In Fallout 3 they were pretty cool, although it was weird that such a huge and wellarmed organisation needed some random wanderer to do their job for them. but obviously the Liberty Prime thing was awesome.

In Fallout 4... the brotherhood is 3 guys sitting in a shack and doling out infinite fetch quests?

And after you do their grocery shopping they instantly make you an Initiate, whereas in F1 it was incredibky tricky to even talk to them, and you could be thrown out for saying the wrong thing.

Just disappointing, really.
>>
>>318032373
no emperor
>>
>>318032714
>the brotherhood is 3 guys sitting in a shack and doling out infinite fetch quests?
progress through the mainquest and you'll be able to get even more fetch quests
>>
>>318032789
Fetch quests and a strike cruiser

Can't forget that
>>
>>318032714
Consider the following:

The mojave chapter is all but eradicated. They are in hiding, they are paranoid, and they need supplies. Their patrols are dead.

The NCR's dick is *that* long.
>>
>>318032373
A radical believing he's the second coming of steel jesus taking the reigns of what was mostly a moderate chapter of the brotherhood, I'm beginning to think he welcomed back the outcasts and then got into a bitchfight with Lyon's Pride before fucking off in the middle of the night with most of the supplies, the new airship and Prime.. to do what? god knows, but he has a plan and it involves genocide of mutants ghouls and other non-humans....

...where's the hell's enclave remnants the point out the irony in that?
>>
File: buzz look.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
buzz look.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>318032373
Buzz look a Super Mutant!
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-10 23-11-00-56.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-10 23-11-00-56.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
>>318032425
>>
>>318032714

>And after you do their grocery shopping they instantly make you an Initiate, whereas in F1 it was incredibky tricky to even talk to them, and you could be thrown out for saying the wrong thing.

I didn't bother to meet up with them in the police station until after the airship had arrived, so I"m pretty sure I did exactly two quests before I was made a knight and offered some new power armor.
>>
>>318032714
>thrown out for saying the wrong thing.
Haha. F4 is constructed in such a way that you're not allowed to miss any content.
Locked door? Oh, we don't want the poor casual babby to not be able to get in, just make another entrance a few meters down the corridor.
What? Someone might not pick a line of dialogue that leads to the quest we worked so hard on and want to railroad them into? Make it 4 times 'yes'.
All the time I was playing I felt like whatever I did had zero consequence because I would always just get hand held and had no way of fucking anything up.
>>
File: header.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
>>318037031
This.

It's simple business and it's all about money now.

Majority of the audience doesn't care about RPGs or choices&consequences, they want a dudebro "casual" FPS where you don't have to think too hard and which never takes you out of your comfort zone.

The only hope for RPGs is indie these days, since indie devs actually care about making good games more than money.

Pic related is what Fallout 3 should have been.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.