[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? I've heard good and bad things about it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: 4564564.jpg (148 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
4564564.jpg
148 KB, 460x215
Is this game any good?

I've heard good and bad things about it.
>>
You like crates, nigga? PSSFFHH. Who am I kiddin' you know you like crates, nigga.

Get the damn game. Dubs of truth, check 'em.
>>
It's a pretty, yet unfinished version of Killing Floor 1.
>>
>>318027909
wait untill it's finished

Ignore the fags getting salty over cosmetics
>>
>>318028006
Would you recommend this or Killing Floor 1? Do people even play the first one anymore?
>>
>>318027909
Well it's certainly a fun game to play with a few friends, and worth the cash particularly given the sale this weekend. I think some of the complaints is that the game still hasn't released certain classes(and their respective weapons) that were pivotal in the prior game such as sharpshooter.
>>
good game, but the devs are total jews
>>
it's an solid core game that has an irresponsible and lying company making it.

expect to pay for strong weapons and at least $5 for the sharpshooter class in the future.

would not recommend buying it now, unless you like a pizza with good dough and sauce, but no cheese or toppings.

wait until company stops doing shitty business practices, puts it on sale again, or releases at least 20 new weapons
>>
>>318028087
you're bound to find a server with people playing, but it's realy dead now
>>
>>318028087
I don't actually know how alive 1 is, but if you wanna play 2, wait until it's finished. 2 is great, but it's fucking bare bones.
>>
File: 1385693423073.gif (194 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
1385693423073.gif
194 KB, 477x456
>>318028103
>>318028124
>>318028132
>>318028272
>The game is great! I'm having so much fun playing it!
>Oh, but don't buy it, it's still early access and the devs suck
You guys are making me conflicted.
>>
People wouldn't even be that upset about the crate shit if they had waited until the game was finished to add it.

It's a major slap in the face to people that supported the game through Early Access that they've been spending time adding hats and other jew shit instead of finishing the content they owe people.
The game has been out since April and it's only had 2 updates, and one of those only added a single map.
>>
>>318028087
>>318027909
KF2 is still in Early Access, and no matter that it's very stable and plays great, I'd still wait for it to be finished.

KF1 is a much more filling package now.

They are both co-op games, so you better have some friends to play with. Playing on publics is always a gamble.
>>
>>318028406
It's missing plenty of content it's going to have in the near future. There's no guarantee that TWI won't reset your levels and achievements once the game goes gold.

Plus there's always that risk of getting tired of the game before it's out of E.A.
>>
>>318028619
>There's no guarantee that TWI won't reset your levels and achievements once the game goes gold.
They already confirmed they aren't. Keep up lad it's been months since.
>>
>>318028406

It gets boring after a few hours. It's worth maybe $7-$10. Wait until it's finished.
>>
>>318027909
meme game for meme people
>>
File: shrug.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>318027909
It's pretty fun, just don't buy it at full price for now.
>>
It's typical steam scamware.
>>
>>318028619
>Plus there's always that risk of getting tired of the game before it's out of E.A.

This. I've got over well over 1700 hours in KF. I've got barely over 100 in KF2. It got old very quickly. Shit community rabidly defends every bad decision and lack of progress. No idea why, either. TWI didn't create KF. They bought the rights to the unreal mod it originally was.

Long story short: TWI is trying to bottle lightning again, but they don't know how to, because they didn't bottle it the first time around, either.
>>
File: 1443143577689.png (143 KB, 679x1039) Image search: [Google]
1443143577689.png
143 KB, 679x1039
>>318027909
Got +500 hours in it. Was fun, but only before the first major update. Game was more balanced back then, then they added an OP DLC weapon and fucked up the perks/meta completely. Game is incredibly boring Zerk-Med shit now and I stopped playing. TWI can't balance for shit, can't release updates for shit and is now moving on to phase 2 of their DLC/MT jewing. KF2 is good in beginning but with enough hours, you'll realize how shallow it is due to dumb shit like Nuke and Firebug which literally requires no aim to kill everything but FP with no help at the hardest difficult and +5 people.
>>
>>318028619

>near future

See here's where you're wrong.

>>318028132
is me.

you said near future. NEAR FUTURE.

It took Tripwire 3 months to put out a new map.

it took tripwire 6 MONTHS to put out 2 more maps and 2 perks.

each perk has the bare minimum of weapons, so there isn't too much variety or freedom inside a perk.

the game is in early access. everyone thinks tripwire is putting out content TOO SLOWLY.

they don't allow players to test things (but they'll sure as hell give journalists insider peeks at finished builds! which they should be putting out as soon as possible to have US the players beta test.)
>>
>>318028406
Really wish the archive wasn't dead so I could just link the 20 or so threads we already had about this game over the past few days.

The game is playable and has good visuals but Tripwire has patched the game maybe 3 times in the span of 8 months, 2 of those being minor bugfixes and only one of them adding any content. They then announce crates and microtransactions BEFORE indicating that the next content update was actually coming out. People are bored and frustrated that a game that promised to be 'early access done right' has a dev team that is unresponsive to community feedback, and they have the gall to announce an update unironically called 'zedconomy.'

Tripwire are either gigantic fucking jews or have a complete mental deficient running their PR department, probably both. It doesn't even matter that the next update is supposed to bring the Patriarch and a new perk, the only thing people are going to remember is that they led the announcement with fucking crates.

Either pass on it or wait for it to exit early access/falls below $10 in price, whichever happens first.
>>
I just want my dual pistols.

My favorite think to do in KF1 was have 7 pistols at once.
>>
the single most damningly frustrating part of kf2 is the knowledge that it has so much fucking potential and the devs are going out of their way to do as little as possible to make the game live up to that potential. instead, it's being groomed as a dlc shitboat.
>>
File: revolvers.webm (1 MB, 1084x610) Image search: [Google]
revolvers.webm
1 MB, 1084x610
>>318027909
KF games are simple, brutal fun, but I'd recommend starting with KF1 while 2 is still under development.
>>
>>318028087
get killing floor 2, it's pretty much the updated version of 1. KF2 has tons of potential but if you are against the whole crate loot stuff like csgo then this might not be for you.
>>
It just gets boring after a few hours and the character design and voice acting is not what made the original great. I would recommend 1 over 2.
>>
>>318029620
They must of spent so much time mocapping animations, weapons, making the graphics look good, optimized, that FleX shit, etc. and yet, for some strange reason, can't tweak a few numbers. Ask the HoE community and they wouldn't even need to know what numbers to tweak or by how much. Stuff like that just boggles the mind.
>>
>>318029805
>>more collectable bullshit

END THIS
>>
>>318029805
Gunslinger's out?
>>
>>318030593
Can't release new maps gotta make them useless achievements, zed economy and give it to the press first! Devs gotta eat you know!
>>
>>318031193
No, we have to wait for "December" :^)
>>
File: dd6d8aea8e5682c1178d4f6eff75f836.png (372 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
dd6d8aea8e5682c1178d4f6eff75f836.png
372 KB, 1000x1000
>>318031235
>mfw one of the reasons I'm excited for the update is because of the achievements

Already have all my perks maxed out, all I need to do is log on and have everything pop up at once.
>>
>>318031309
:^(
>>
>>318028087
Get KF2 if you wanna get into KF.

That way you won't die of patience waiting for them to put perks from KF1 back into KF2.
How the fuck can you implement the gunslinger but not the sharpshooter as well?
>>
>gave shitwire his money
YOU fucked up.
>>
>>318027909
It's a good game with good content

The problem is there is little of it and the development is extremely slow
>>
File: KFGame 2015-09-24 14-09-24-06.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KFGame 2015-09-24 14-09-24-06.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Does this not look fun to you?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.