[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me again why you didn't side with Legion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: MtjJHHP.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MtjJHHP.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
Tell me again why you didn't side with Legion?
>>
>>317987127
im not living bismuth
>>
Noodles Added :)
>>
cause it's stupid that you can even side with them.
NV is such a poorly written game. If the legion was so ruthless they would have impaled the courier at the sight.
It's such a pretentious piece of shit for people with horrible taste.
>>
File: 1440794254053.png (29 KB, 295x311) Image search: [Google]
1440794254053.png
29 KB, 295x311
>>317987127
>/pol/ tier views

no thanks
>>
>>317987487
is he ok?
>>
>>317987364
They are ruthless. But why would they throw away a ticket to victory over the NCR?
>>
>>317987487
f
>>
>>317987364
Yeah, if they were stupid. Having the Courier alive and working for them was the only fucking thing that let them win.
>>
>>317987487
>>>/b/
>>
File: Amish.jpg (105 KB, 1368x968) Image search: [Google]
Amish.jpg
105 KB, 1368x968
>>317987127
>trying to imitate the most advanced civilasation of its time by selectively refusing to use modern technology
>>
>>317987487
he gone man.
he gone
>>
The first time I encountered them, they were crucifying people and talking about how everyone has to burn except them. I did a bunch of drugs, killed them, and never looked back.
>>
>>317987732
why is rodney dressed like an amish
>>
>>317987542
Probably a seizure induced by getting his bell ringed. He'll be fine, not sure why they were doing CPR on the dude, all they need to do in a seizure is hold him still.
>>
>>317987364
>NV is such a poorly written game. If the legion was so ruthless they would have impaled the courier at the sight.

Why?! They don't enslave everyone they meet, only large communities (NV presumably becomes their new capital), or tribals who will make good legionaries. They work with free people such as the merchant Dale Barton, and even protect caravans without demanding the exorbitant taxes levied on them when they travel through NCR territory.

So why wouldn't they wish to recruit a powerful mercenary?
>>
File: 1448314130799.jpg (213 KB, 1664x1258) Image search: [Google]
1448314130799.jpg
213 KB, 1664x1258
>>317987491
>>>>>>/reddit/
>>
Because both the real Caesar and the real Roman Empire fell pretty fucking hard. Not to mention, the real romans used plate armor and ballistas and shit against barbarians. The Legion puts on football pads, picks up some gardening equipment, and charges head first at men armed with anti material rifles. And they literally made it punishable by death to suggest these ideas are fucking stupid.
>>
>>317987589
>>317987630
it is highly doubtful that their power crazy demi god leader would have such a political sensibility desu senpai.
>>
>>317987127
isnt that what the legion does too though
>>
>>317987127
rape and slavery and no power for women. Wouldn't make sense for a woman to join something that might delegitimize her any second
>>
>>317987487

That is why you don't do what is happening in the vid - train at a boxing gym where the participants know not to hit full force, and the staff know CPR.
>>
>>317987127
Because they're retards who dress like Roman soldiers which is retarded.
>>
>>317988297
>cpr on a seizure

You're a retard
>>
>>317988169
Yeah that only lasted, what, 400years? Dont even know
>>
>>317987889
>The first time I encountered them, they were crucifying people and talking about how everyone has to burn except them. I did a bunch of drugs, killed them, and never looked back.

If you mean "The Town of Whores" they destroyed it for giving aid and comfort to the NCR, they wouldn't destroy, say, Goodsprings, or even rob it's people unless necessary.
>>
>>317987127
Because I'm not going to side with Rawls.

Fuck you, Rawls.
>>
>>317988120
Why are all puritans incapable of drawing? Not only did they have to shop a bunch of birds in, but they left the beak shadow on Reddit when it didn't even have a beak.
>>
File: 1448198080097.jpg (66 KB, 681x460) Image search: [Google]
1448198080097.jpg
66 KB, 681x460
>>317987487
>the guy trying to perform CPR
>>
>>317987487
No really did this motherfucker die or not
>>
>>317987487
>just gives up after like 4 compressions
>>
>>317988404
>>cpr on a seizure
>You're a retard

You're rude, I obviously meant "first aid", and if you notice they actually performed CPR in the vid, so...
>>
>>317988090
He actually died
>>
Caesar is such a retard. He flat out gave you a golden ticket to stand right in front of him based on the knowledge that you were extremely capable and dangerous.

Think about it. Just waltz up to an NCR officer, explain the situation, then pick one of the many NCR soldiers willing to stand in your place with a bomb strapped to their chest. House was at least smart enough to put several walls and armed kill droids in between you two at all times, no matter what.
>>
File: 13346198415111.jpg (26 KB, 315x316) Image search: [Google]
13346198415111.jpg
26 KB, 315x316
>not going into his camp and slaughtering all that legion trash while Cass puts a bullet in Caesars head
>>
>>317987127
>When caesar comments on how you've meddling with the legion when you first meet him and sentences you to death.
>Haha, im just fucking with you.
thats when i signed up.
>>
>>317987127
Effectively what he just said was we make people our slaves and force our culture upon them.
>>
>>317988640
Yeah and it didn't do shit because the monkey's heart didn't stop, it's brain got fucked
>>
>>317988253
>rape

I doubt they commit rape - they seem to disciplined. As I already said they don't enslave everyone, and have uses for non-Legion allies like the Courier, not to mention Caesar seems like a man of his word. They aren't suddenly going to clap irons on her and make her a breeding slave - if for no other reason than she's more use as an agent.
>>
>>317988905
>the new slave girls seem very nice
>>
>>317988829
>Yeah and it didn't do shit because the monkey's heart didn't stop, it's brain got fucked

Rude, racist, addicted to videogames - you must be a devil with the ladies!
>>
>>317987487
Johnny Cage wins
Flawless Victory!
NIGTALITY
>>
Because you can't be the next Caesar
>>
>>317988640
CPR is for people who can't breathe

Seizures, you're still breathing. The most you can do for a seizure victim is ensure their surroundings are safe and that their tounges aren't blocking the airways.

Though that second part may have changed recently like they change CPR all the time.
>>
I did on two of my playthroughs because I was an edgelord.
>>
>>317987127

Because I was a lady courier and it would have made no sense.
>>
I did, and it was the shittiest run that I just rushed to completion. Legion choice = full retard. There's pretty much nothing redeeming about them, pure retarded villains.
>>
>>317988965
>the new slave girls seem very nice

Oh you meant raping slaves, I thought you meant going to town on passing women.
>>
File: You_fuck_off.jpg (134 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
You_fuck_off.jpg
134 KB, 500x1200
>>317988984
>>
>>
>>317987127

>not going out of your way to kill Caeser and everyone else in the camp
>not wiping the cancer that is the Legion off the face of the fucking earth with your own hands

We'reReachingLevelsOfFaggotryThatShouldn'tEvenBePossible.jpg
>>
>>317989139
>I doubt they rape, they're too disciplined
>ohh yeah, apart from all their rape slaves

anon, be honest with me, are you being srs right now
>>
>>317988114
To be fair, despite its corruption the NCR does put their taxes to a good use
The NCR is not only massive, it is also fairly well developed, it has railroad connections between major cities, sanitation, public healthcare, an actual justice system etc. Sure its not without its problems but for the vast majority of people the NCR is pretty much as good as life gets in the wastes, the few who are actually capable of living without their aid are free to do so elsewhere but lets not pretend taxes are somehow evil.
>>
>>317987127
Because I'm not an edgy sperglord with niggerdick envy
>>
>>317988905
>I doubt they commit rape
>Legion

Bullshit

>b-b-but my political narrative!
>>
>>317987127
I did. I killed Kaiser during surgery and let the Legate run the show though.
>>
>>317988984
On /v/ - you must be a devil with the ladies!
>>
>>317989139
>rape is justified if you enslave them first

legion fags
>>
>>317987127
Because they didn't behave in any way like Rome. Caesar only took the name and some of the imagery of the SPQR because he wanted cool imagery to base his raider nation off of.

Go ahead and let me know about that historically accurate Rome that shunned technology and new ideas.
>>
>>317989215
>an actual justice system

Why does a tip in NV say that the NCR aren't the law of the land and most criminals are put to death?
>>
>>317988905
>I doubt they commit rape
Yeah I'm sure. Disciplined soldiers raping anything they can get their hands on? What a prosperous concept. Never happens. #Supportourlegionnaires
>>
>>317989165

None of that applies to me except not being racist.
>>
>>317989326
Because the Mojave isn't NCR territory. They're trying to absorb it into their country. Not defending the NCR's behaviour or whatever, just saying that in California they're an actual functioning nation.
>>
>>317989120
I mean they had a pretty nazi-esque attitude it's not like we didn't have those kind of people in real life but it's pretty obvious Legion is about to go fuck itself the moment Caesar dies.
>>
Because it's built on a pillar of sand. Most of Caesar's troops are shown to be loyal to him, not his ideals. As soon as he goes, his precious empire will collapse into barbarism and eventually destroy itself. It's almost assured considering a psychopath like Lanius is set to succeed him.

Plus the fact that Caesar himself is a hypocritical, petulant child who throws a temper tantrum whenever things don't go his way.
>>
>>317988530
yes. he is dead, when people seize up like that and then go limp, it means they are gone.
>>
>>317989472
Nolan? That you?
>>
>>317988680
That's a good idea. I think I'll do it soon. Might as well get me that one achievement for killing Caesar with a knife for historical accuracy.
>>
>>317989326
Most of the land isn't officially under NCR jurisdiction and those that are are under military law.
>>
File: Untitled.png (410 KB, 618x461) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
410 KB, 618x461
>>
Slavery and rape are morally wrong.
>>
>>317988905
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Siri

>If the Courier is female, she will comment about how long it was since she saw a free woman, and warn you to look out since she overheard some legionaries whispering about "trying you out."
>>
>>317988408
It lasted about a millenia.
>>
>>317987491
fuck off goldstein
>>
>Actually like Legion as the necessary evil faction
>They aren't expanded upon at all which kinda sucks
The main problem is that Legion is Legion but Caeser is in charge and when he dies then the whole thing will go down in flames
>>
File: 'wow, edgy'.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1190) Image search: [Google]
'wow, edgy'.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1190
>>317989604
>real Roman Empire fell pretty fucking hard
>implying the byzantine empire wasn't true rome
>>
>>317989619

That's hot - I made my Courier the sexiest, sluttiest bitch ever, she'd thoroughly deserve to be pinned down on the filthy ground and used like a whore by 3-4 muscular young brutes. By the time the last had finished the first would probably want another turn ;^)
>>
>>317989604

The survival of society is the ultimate moral aim.
>>
>>317989732
>necessary evil
>when there are multiple examples of functioning, stable and growing socieites that do not rely on authoritarian totalitarianism to get things done

You might have a point if the Fallout universe was set like 20 years after the war and the war was on a much larger scale to the point where there was a very real chance of humanity being wiped out if extremely strict discipline was not adhered to.

But that's not and never been what it's about. Caesar's Legion makes zero sense in this world, especially as a "necessary evil."
>>
>>317989326
The Mojave is frontier land and contested territory. NCR is a much more civilized place with working factories that at the very least produce guns and textiles. The Nevada Mojave is only held by the NCR and not actually annexed, much like the Louisiana territory with New Vegas being an isloated city-state. Legion also holds territory in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, but they don't actually control the lands yet, just hold claim.

Sacramento, Redding and Shady Sands are quite civilized and Two-Sun and Santa Fe are supposed to be very much more like Rome, pre-Pax Romana.
>>
>>317989707
Fuck off back to /pol/ and cirklejerk about muh germanic culture which was a bunch of nigger tier mudhuts while mediterraneans had proper civilizations.
>>
>>317989619

That's just idle talk, the Courier is under Caesar's protection - they'd probably be castrated and crucified.
>>
Anyway, enough shitposting

Did you let go?
>>
I'm starting another NV game, what kind of build should I go for?
>>
>>317989926
Your idea looks pretty cool. A fallout game set in a recently bombed wasteland, during the worst period of raiding, murder, rape and violence overall. And then the legion can actually be seen as something interesting and possibly necessary.
>>
>>317987127
Because I hate noodles.
>>
>>317988769

Loved that as well. He acts like the dictator he is, who doesn't count the minor stuff, because he knows the important win is the Dam. Felt so much more different than NCR and House, it was great. Too bad Legion didn't get the fleshing out it deserved.

>Tricked by the Courier and imprisoned by the Legion, Arcade remained Caesar's personal physician for several years. Caesar grew fond of speaking with such an educated man on philosophical matters. Arcade became his unwilling intellectual sparring partner. After years of such servitude, during an unguarded moment, Arcade used a surgical scalpel and his bare hands to disembowel himself. Lacking any other skilled medical personnel, the Legion was unable to prevent his death. Caesar mourned his loss for months.

One of my favorite endings desu.

>>317988668

I don't think NCR really had the balls to do that. I'm sure one or two soldiers would be patriotic to do it, but it's above 'civilized' society or whatever. And even if you were capable and dangerous, realistically would you be worried when you had the person you wanted to talk to surrounded by an entire Legion camp and praetorians everywhere. No one is that good, but he made the mistake of underestimating you I guess.

>>317989732

I think it's weird that he never thought past his death considering he's put so many of his years of his life into building his Legacy. I haven't played NV in a while, but I'm pretty sure he has no plan for it. And even if he did have a plan of a successor or something, he's put so much into the fear of Caesar himself that even Lanius would have a hard time controlling anything having to go around slaughtering and pacifying rogue tribals. NCR would have a much easier time of pushing back against a fractured Legion.
>>
File: Meat_of_Champions.png (7 KB, 131x165) Image search: [Google]
Meat_of_Champions.png
7 KB, 131x165
>>317987127

Because I was hungry
>>
>>317989984
Except we're not discussing the rape of the Courier specifically, we're discussing the existence of rape as perpetrated by soldiers in the Legion. And if you think they don't rape then you're just flat out wrong.
>>
>>317989987
"tgm"
>>
>>317990137
Melee/Melee weapons. It's satisfying as shit blowing people's heads off with a punch.
>>
>>317987127

Because I could be a greater leader with mr houses empire under my control.
>>
>>317989987
I didn't have enough carry weight ;-;
>>
>>317989935
Legion is a lot more rugged than the NRC simply because its way younger and partially because its not as technologically advanced

I'd say legion would most likely resemble not the roman empire per se but rather the mongol empire given how it formed and operated

meanwhile the NCR is a full on early industrial nation with the outer territories being its colonies.
>>
>>317989926
There's no doubt that there are settelment that can thrive on their own without executing degenerates but you can't ignore the fact that Legion lands are the safest in which everything is smooth sailing for traders because they don't get fucked over by raiders

In NV, Legion and House are the only non-retarded options so if you don't agree with Legion then House is the only choice left which is quite simillar to Legion in terms of leadership and executing their ideals
>>
>>317989987
>he didnt carry them all out of there by putting them on a corpse and carrying the corpse out

Why would I let go when I didnt have to
>>
>>317990569
Depends what you mean by "safest." They're safe from external threats. They're not safe from the Legion. If you're living in Legion lands, you're "safe"... unless you step out of line in any way or don't do whatever the Legion tells you to do.

Then you're fucking dead, or a slave. So how safe are you really?

And no, the Legion is an absolutely retarded option. In fact it's the only actual retarded option in the game. Every other faction choice, including Wild Card, makes more sense and is more justifiable of a choice than the Legion.
>>
>>317990569
Caesar's legion is safe for now, however it is an entirely war oriented society that is, without heavy reforms, destined for a major collapse when it either runs into an enemy that won't yield or when they run out of enemies.

Caesar is in desperate need of an Augustus, sadly his successor is Lanius.

The legion is a short term solution in every possible way, at least the NCR has proven its in for the long haul.
>>
>>317990137
STEALTH ARCHER
>>
>>317989926
Caesar's legion makes sense in the taming of the violent raider tribes ever to have existed. He's taking chem swilling cannibal rapists and turning them towards a singular goal and wiping out the savageness, superstition and tribalness that is plaguing the Mojave. By effectively destroying all culture and homogenizing them into one well greased war machine, Caesar is able to destory the Raider menace and instill the foundation of a nation. He has no guns, he has no supplies but he does have numbers and bodies and most of all loyalty.

He's trying to do that which Rome did to Europe, destroy the pagan culture and convert everyone into becoming Roman. There's a reason why all up and down western europe despite language barriers we are culturally more compatible with each other and generally civilized in our dealings. Rome destroyed the tribal systems in place and when they were in their decline, we emulated the system they instilled quite well with kings, courts and nobles ruling peasants and everyone answering to a hierarchy to one central figure, the Pope (Aka, God) until the English decided to give him the him the finger.

The important thing to remember however that even though the world was wipe mostly clean in the nuclear apocolypse, remnant of our cultures and values remained. Caesar's legion is abhorrent to these values that survived in the NCR and even Caesar's own people, the Mormon tribes. He is utterly evil, but his intentions are simultaneously noble, but abhorrent. He's attempting to replace one evil with a lesser evil down the road by wielding a greater. To him there is no peace without order.
>>
The Legion is a perfect example of brilliant ideals with shitty execution. Just like every communist nation. It sounds nice, but literally never works. NCR rule is the safe bet. Sure it's bureaucratic and corrupt, but so is every successful first-world government today. It's built on strong foundations, and is difficult to topple.
>>
File: 1448420823665.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448420823665.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
It still boggles my mind that Caesar hasn't invested on making Centurion Power armor with Roman esque shields and welding long Chainswords...you know how fucking unstoppable they'd be? Shame the Legion is too retarded with technology.
>>
Because I'd be poor as fuck if it wasn't for all the free loot those kill squads get me
>>
>>317990935
they simply are not capable of using proper power armor
if the NCR, with all its knowledge and industrial base has issues operating power armor then what luck does Caesar have?
>>
>>317987127
Because of their retarded anti-technology bent and the fact that they had an ongoing "whos crazier?" contest with the fiends.
Caesar himself was literally the only one with any kind of real long term plan but said plan is fucking garbage.
>>
>>317989987
naw i role played a mercantile type of character with a side of melee. So i was always rolling in that mad dosh so it wasn't even tempting
>>
>>317990885
Except he isn't wiping out savageness or tribalness, he's just turning them to his goal of conquest. The Legion is incredibly savage. They're a raping, pillaging, torturing, enslaving, murdering army. That's all they do. And they're destroying all culture but not replacing it with anything because the Legion has no culture. Oh and they do have guns, play the game dude, the vast majority of their soldiers use guns.

He's not doing what Rome did because Rome had a system of government, a culture, architecture, infrastructure, arts and philosophy. The Legion doesn't have any of this. In fact they're so not Rome that they actively shun new technology, which is what the actual Rome thrived on. So stop trying to push the idea that the Legion is anything at all like Rome. Caesar took the stylings of Rome and applied it to his raider band, but they don't resemble that empire in any way but the superficial.
>>
>>317991135
The Courier? When I went with the Legion on my third playthrough I was decked out in tesla remnant armore with my beautiful plasma caster and max intelligence and science.. it can't be that hard to make a few suits of t-51b, giant claymore rippers and only issue it to the most elite of legion soldiers and call them " the sons of Caesar". The NCR would be doomed.
>>
>>317987127
HATE TRIBALS
>>
imho the biggest flaws with all the factions but the NCR is that they rely way to hard on the person in charge when its not guaranteed they'll be around forever (not even for house, sure his defenses are top notch but it only takes 1 person to get lucky once)
>>
>>317988120
/pol/ may not be able to draw, but their gifs/webms are top tier.
>>
>>317991353
the NCR obliterated the brotherhood of steel's armies
a few tribals in power armor they barely know how to use is not going to be a significant issue because no matter how smart the courier, the NCR simply has vastly more experience fighting power armor than the legion has using it.
Also you need various resources to keep power armor functional in large quantities, resources that require the very technology caesar shuns
>>
File: lawdy.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lawdy.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>317991085
>jury-rig the 12.7mm SMG to full condition
>jury-rig their marksman carbines and whatever
>jury-rig whatever expensive melee weapons they had
>jury-rig all their clothes
>clean out gun-runner bot
ALL THIS FUCKING MONEY
>>
>>317988568
Maybe someone told him to stop trying to fix a fucking seizure with cpr
>>
>>317988461
They would murder every man in goodsprings and enslave the women
>>
>>317989987
Fuck no. I grabbed every last bar and waddled my way out of that death trap.
>>
>>317991286
The Legion troops are only a snapshot of what life is back home for them. These are the Centurions, not the everyday populace. While legion life is brutal and spartan compared to the NCR, it is safe and stable with established culture and while primitive, a proper civilization. They are literate, there is government, there are roads and agriculture. What they lack is industry and the good things we have in a modern society, equal rights, women's suffrage and personal agency.

The traders who deal with the legion talk about how they're not savages. But they don't dismiss the cruelty of life there.
>>
>No modern tech or medicine
>except this auto doc in my text
>>
>>317987127

Because Caesar was a cunt, just like all the rest of the factions.
>>
>>317989987
Of course not, what am I dumb?
Fuck your lessons, there's money to be made.
>>
>>317991631
The only probability I can see the Brotherhood losing from the NCR Is Pulse grenades which electrocute the wearer or they run out of ammo and then peppered by lots ofservice rifles all at once. In the battle of Hoover dam I was shredding them apart like paper...I really don't think it's possible to lose if you got a really big gun and lots of ammo and a freaking tank exo-suit.
>>
>>317990569
Yeah they are safe like 1984 London was safe
>>
>>317992024
Bad guy leader is hypocrite, news at 11.
>>
>>317988642

Well yeah, giving chest compressions to someone who doesn't need it can do that.
>>
>>317987127
Hm... they have noodles...
>>
>>317989604
>morally
This word is meaningless. There are plenty of religions that condone slavery and what would be considered rape by modern standards.

What you mean is "I don't like slavery and rape".
>>
>>317991870
And back home its "don't say shit about our cult of personality or else" Who the fuck is going to say any bad about the Legion in the middle of their fucking camp
>>
Too cruel.
The treatment of slaves and soldiers is waaaay too harsh. They don't even give their soldiers guns.

I don't know how their citizens are treated, but from what Cass and that one guy outside the fort describe, it's fairly well.

Also I don't like how they are hypocritical technophobes, sometimes using new technology but also shunning it.
>>
does anyone here seriously think the Legion could actually win against the NCR in a full on war?
>>
>>317992426
Do you like slavery and rape?
>>
>>317992101
The brotherhood loses to the NCR purely because the NCR so vastly outnumbers them.
The battle of hoover dam for the player isn't a good example because the shit engine cannot do large fights.
If you had to face off against hundreds of NCR troops at once the only thing saving you would be timestopping stimpack use.
>>
>>317987127
>homogenous
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>317992101
They lost at the power plant because there was like 50-1 men against the BoS. The problem with the BoS is they has very small numbers in comparison to everyone else because they refuse anyone they isn't 'pure'
>>
>>317992436
And fallout faction that shuns shit like stimpack are just fucked
>>
>>317992446
Absolutely not.
Even Lanius realizes this.
The Legion would spread itself too thin and fold like paper.
>>
>>317992519
Do I decide objective morality?
>>
>>317989192
It's nice seeing game devs who actually think about what they put in a game beyond 'because it's cool dude :)'
>>
>>317992625
They also had power armor in working condition that wasn't scavenged from somewhere and were trained in its use from adolescence
Legion getting its hands on 20 suits in working condition would be impressive
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00006.jpg (637 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00006.jpg
637 KB, 1920x1080
>>317987127
REMOVE LEGION remove legion
you are worst tribal. you are the tribal idiot you are the tribal smell. return to Arizona. to our arizona cousins you may come our republic. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,colorado we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole legion stink arizona sqhipere shqipare..Hoover Dam genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead legion..ahahahahahARIZONA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget hoover dam .hoover dam we kill the burning man , caesar return to your precious arizona….hahahahaha idiot tribal and legion smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE LEGION FROM THE PREMISES.
>>
because I was too busy killing them all, fucking degenerates
>>
>>317992728
Not to mention if Ceacer died, what parts of the legion the decide to follow Lanias would burn themselves right into the ground fighting everyone else
>>
The way I saw it was that the Legion were realists, and the NCR were the diametrically opposed idealists.

Neither was correct. And I would have loved to see or hear more of Legion territory proper.

Regardless they created conflict in the setting, which is the cornerstone of storytelling. It didn't matter whether you agreed with them or not, so long as you thought about what that entailed and whether your character agreed with it.

In many ways Caesar was leading the Legion in the right direction that would result in long term survival of the people, but there was still stuff that could need to be ironed out for it to be completely stable without the constant threat of force.
>>
>>317992765
If you want to.
I'm not stopping you.
>>
>>317992785
Though I doubt they would be able to use them to even a fraction of their potential. They are more likely to strip them for armor scraps then anything else
>>
>>317991635
how the fuck else are you supposed to fix a seizure? People who have seizures stop breathing for a while, after a certain period of time it's CPR or brain damage
>>
>>317992791
>benny dead too
you monster
>>
>>317992785
This
With my courier I really wish there was an option to destroy everyone in the Brotherhood bunker, loot all of their power armor and technology and convince Caesar to allow me to train/distribute it to the Legions best aND turn them into spartans...now with fallout 4 power armor can you fucking imagine?
>>
>>317992853
>In many ways Caesar was leading the Legion in the right direction that would result in long term survival of the people, but there was still stuff that could need to be ironed out for it to be completely stable without the constant threat of force
What happens to a war machine that runs out of things to fight
>>
>>317993026
I really wish your mother had used preservatives.

Hint : Fuck you.

ALso, centurion already use parts of Power armor in their hodgepodge shit they wear.
>>
>>317992728
not only that but hoover dam was basically the fist of the legion fighting a single finger of the NCR
even if they lose it, that's going to be the NCR's pearl harbor.
6 months later they've gotten rid of their president, elected someone with balls and turned their entire industrial complex to war economy mode. If the legion tries to take that on they're in deep fucking shit.

Heck in many ways losing hoover dam might be the best possible thing for the NCR and assassinating their president? That's doing them a favor, same with killing General Oliver.
I wonder if Caesar knows just what he's doing to the NCR.
>>
>>317993026
I think it would be better to raise deathclaws from hatch, train them like guard dogs
>>
>>317992853
>Legion
>realists

They're ideologically driven to the point where they will refuse to use technology or incorporate it into their culture/war machine because of their ideology.
>>
>>317992956
That would be where the Courier steps in, slaps them across the face and lectures/ demonstrates how to use power armor at its full potential "an empty mind is a vessel for knowledge". With these Spartans armed with Miniguns, Giant rippers and spiked supersledges...just think of the destruction.
>>
So about the ending where the Great Khans forge themselves an empire

Anyone else have a mental image of them, somewhere along the lines, finding a motorcycle factory and then in full on mongol style start using those as their version of horse archers?
>>
>>317988169
>>317989834
Rome never really 'fell' as an empire. It just kind of petered out because everyone with money moved out to the country to live relatively independently because the legions were too stretched to protect their assets. The city itself continued on, even with the odd invasion, but it lost control of its outlying domains because they became self sufficient.

In fact it wasn't for hundreds of years into the settlement of barbarian kingdoms that anyone really realised that the empire wasn't exactly there anymore.
>>
>nationalism destroys identity
What
>>
>>317993230
Why would they listen to this arrogant profligate?
Caeser would have to give the order, and he shows no signs of wanting to do anything like that.
>>
>>317993230
Too bad that would go against the base ideologies of the Legion. Why not go wildcard and build your own army?
>>
>>317993412
You see that's where high charisma comes to play, any stubborn bastard can't say "no" to the Courier.
>>
>>317993230
They'd have absolutely no clue about proper power armor tactics and just apply their regular ones, with delusions of invincibility and run straight into Ranger vet traps and get 50cal worth of explosive ammunition shoved up their weak spots while they're trying to deal with walking into an emp mine
>>
>>317993380
>doing anything other than slaughtering the great khans
Literally nothing was wrong with Bittersprings.
>>
>all these threads all the time on who was the best end result for New Vegas
>almost no threads on the brotherhood vs the enclave in fallout 3
>almost no threads on the blades vs parthunax or nords vs the empire in skyrim

and people still say fallout new vegas is shit
>>
>>317993380
God them and the Followers probably made a better empire then anything Ceacer dreamed
>>
>>317993545
I know, but the idea of motorcycle mongols is just appealing to me

terrifying warriors trained from birth to ride the great hogs and shoot while driving with almost impossible accuracy
>>
>>317992765
>>317992426
I dont know about you but, I kind of consider myself better than someone who enslaves and rapes.
>>
>>317993545
Great Kahns were shit but they have the potential to be something great, better then the legion at least. And their ending slide shows that
>>
>>317993757
You do right up until you're enslaved and raped because they had a larger group with more guns.
>>
>>317991771
In the Legion ending they literally ignore it but lots of Goodspringers get scared and leave anyway.
>>
File: john's peculiar mishaps.png (184 KB, 383x657) Image search: [Google]
john's peculiar mishaps.png
184 KB, 383x657
>>317989987
>not understanding that Elijah was driven crazy by his desire to impose order on the Wastes
>not taking as much as you could while still surviving, the key to life in the wasteland
>believing that humanity can be trusted to impose morals on others after the War and your adventure through the ruined villa which signifies humanity's sins of lust, greed, and pride
>completely missing the point of Fallout
>>
>>317987127
I sided with a better game.
>>
>>317993757
"better" is not a metric
>>
>>317993825
They basically got an idiot savant of chemistry. And good fighters, apparently. I could see them as mercenary and scouts in uncharted territory
>>
Because I have faith in the NCR.
>>
>>317993387
Nationalists are socialists

and socialists ARE FUGGIN GOMMIES
>>
File: Primm_end_slide_06.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Primm_end_slide_06.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>Not understanding the gravity of the Legion's imminent takeover of Primm, Sheriff Primm Slim valiantly attempts to resist Caesar's will.

Imagine this fucking scene, hundreds of legion soldiers about to take Primm, the villagers all holed up inside and then out steps Primm Slim to face them all, by himself if needs be, because that's what a sheriff does.

Then they charge, and shoot but no matter how many times he gets shot, no matter how badly his body is broken and burning he doesn't give up as long as there's a single spark left in his battery.
>>
Who /Yes Man/ here?
>>
>>317994445
The sheriff is joined by loyal acolyte, Deputy Fisto.
>>
>>317994471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOJYBYwOhA

Is there any way to keep McNamara as Elder and also have the Brotherhood help you at the Dam if you go Yes Man?
>>
>>317987259
Underrated
>>
>>317993230
Nice headcanon. Samus is trans too
>>
>>317994445
Primm Slim was too good for us
>>
File: The Ballad of Primm Slim.jpg (339 KB, 795x452) Image search: [Google]
The Ballad of Primm Slim.jpg
339 KB, 795x452
>>317994445
>>
>>317993003
If you spared him, he was supposed to come back later and try to kill you again for no other reason then because he's a fucking rat fink bastard.
>>
>>317995292
Well they cut that, so it's not canon mate.
>>
>>317995475
it is completely and utterly what Benny would do though, don't try to disagree
>>
>>317995605
He's smarter than that, he'd go find some other big fish.
>>
>>317993043
Which is a point Caesar raised. And part of why I would like to see what happen post-NV since there should be some serious internal strife regardless of what the outcome of the dam and Caesar living was.

>>317993201
But that also fed into their doctrine of making them strong enough to survive without relying upon technology. It was a valid ideal. Though you are partially correct that it also went in the face of survival at any cost.

Once again this is something I would have loved explored since I can imagine some faction of the Legion being pro-tech, or at least arguing the case. Especially if they see how the BoS survived all these years despite their numbers.

Like them trying to form some faux Legion of Steel.
>>
>>317989907
What is the purpose of society?
>>
>>317993969
The Courier wasn't exactly doing badly without caps
>>
>>317995795
Survival ya ninny
>>
>>317993387
Yes

Conformity to national culture destroys individual people's identities
>>
>>317993003
>shoots you in the fucking face
>b-but Benny did nothing wrong

NVfags are this delusional
>>
>>317995939
>>
>>317994290
I agree but what the hell is up with that hunting rifle?
>>
>>317988503
That's drool, you dip.
>>
Did you guys go for normal guns or energy weapons in the game?

I'm loving both sides. It's so satisfying to blow some niggas from up close with the riot shotgun, but the fully-moded tri-laser rifle is god-tier with damage, reach and that awesome plasma explosion perk.
>>
>>317996174
He's not a dip, the other birds have that shadow.

unless they're all drooling too
>>
>>317995917
You can do that just fine without society ya dope. A little better, even. If you learn some self reliance and live out in some woods or whatever you'll have a harder life, but you're chance of *surviving* is probably higher since you're less likely to get stabbed by urban youth or genocided by some maniacal government

Think harder
>>
because caesar was a dumb faggot with literal brain cancer
>>
>>317996290
>but you're chance of *surviving* is probably higher since you're less likely to get stabbed by urban youth or genocided by some maniacal government

Even healthcare alone gives you more chance in a society, the lone survivor can only learn skills by himself, or from others. There's no way someones chance of survival is increased without being in some form of society
>>
File: 300-300-2127725-656-272.jpg (34 KB, 656x272) Image search: [Google]
300-300-2127725-656-272.jpg
34 KB, 656x272
It was a great feeling to complete the Even a God King Can Bleed challenge.
>>
>>317987487
>guy has seizure
>kids do EVERYTHING you're not supposed to do
>lie him on his back
>hold him still
>CPR
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-25+at+07.00.50).jpg (24 KB, 306x271) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-25+at+07.00.50).jpg
24 KB, 306x271
>>317989387
you have been here for like, what three days?
>>
>>317996584
This is why first aid should be taught in school.

why the hell isn't it.
>>
>>317992426
Religion=/=Morality

You can have objective morality without religion.
>>
>>317996584
I think most schools have some sort of required health class. I learned about seizures in 9th grade health and fitness iirc.
>>
>>317996253
I wanted to go full normal guns, the full Veteran Ranger experience. Then I found the Q-35 and suddenly all my points went into Energy Weapons
>>
>>317992160
>>317988090
Read about fencing response, you dumb retard.
>>
>>317996978
its not even that great
you want full on energy weapons massacre? put points into repair and get yourself a LAER

that said my favorite playthrough was explosives with the project nevada modifications to it
>>
>>317992426
Fine.
Slavery and rape are ethically wrong.
>>
>>317996457
A lot of the ailments modern medicine treats are caused by our domesticated lifestyle, people sitting on their asses and eating shit food.

You could theoretically have knowledge sharing without having the hard interdependence and resultant norm enforcement of a society. That's not an issue

Society comes with it's own set of risks to an individual human. It forces us to trust other humans and exposes us to the dangers of criminals as well as the whims of cultures, politics and goverments. We accept these risks because society simply makes our lives easier and more pleasant. Collaboration, technology, infrastructure, social support, enjoyment of purely emotional endeavors such as the arts. Things like these are why we value society, not mere survival.
>>
>>317987127
because kaisar is a retarded shitbag on deaths door, anything ruled over by him will die with him, leaving whatever shitheap he ruled over to just crumble and fade away leaving nothing but hordes of infighting raiders.
>>
>>317988461
>If you mean "The Town of Whores" they destroyed it for giving aid and comfort to the NCR, they wouldn't destroy, say, Goodsprings, or even rob it's people unless necessary.
You misunderstood why that shithole got turned in to a fucking graveyard.

Nipton wasn't a great place, but it was a neutral ground where NCR and Powder Ganger alike could come and blow a load in some whores as equal. As long as you had money, and presumably didn't try shooting eachother, all people were welcome. Now earning money in morally questionable ways is one thing, but Nipton turned around and betrayed the guests they invited in to their walls for money. A pittance if you believe the legion officer that did it.

This is why Nipton burned. It wasn't the whoring. It wasn't the booze. It wasn't that they serve NCR or criminal alike. They were traitors plain and simple. They owed their guests allegiance by virtue of the hospitality granted, and they sold them out.

The Legion does not tolerate traitors. If they wanted to burn the town cause it was NCR, they would have just rolled in and done so. Instead, they used a convoluted plot to make the native populace put the noose on themselves. Ask yourself why they used such elaborate and unnecessary methods on Nipton alone?

It was an example and warning to everyone. Traitors will not be tolerated. If Nipton hadn't agreed to hand the NCR and Powder Gangers over, I'm not sure Vulpes would have even touched the town.
>>
>>317987281
yum! :)
>>
I really really really really really really really really want /pol/ to leave. It's starting to get awful.
>>
>>317996853
Morality can't be objective without religion or some fixed doctrine of good/bad. It is literally a consensus agreement of people that X is good or bad. It stems from the 'Things go better when we work together' mentality that can be seen in nature as well.

Whether the thing is ethical or not is a different matter.
>>
>>317993879
What if there was a group with more guns than anyone and they said "no enslaving and no raping"

That's pretty much what governments are
>>
>>317997574
Morality = Socalised
Ethics = Historically, Scientifically proven.

Not the guy you were replying to, but that's pretty much it isn't it? I mean we can change morality in groups but ethics are based on cold hard truths.
>>
File: 1447459334624.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447459334624.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
>>317989987
I took one as a souvenir. I don't get why people when through so much trouble trying to take all of it. It's easy to get rich in the game anyway. Just take everything and sell everything you cant use.
>>
>>317996994
>fencing response

Okay, now that I've read up a bit on it, you tell me how that negates what I said about performing chest compressions on a person who's not suffering from cardiac arrest can in fact cause ventricular fibrillation and kill them.
>>
>>317997780
I took it all

didn't even bother selling it, I made a pyramid with them in my home
>>
>game's signature armor, looks sexy as all hell
>it's faction armor

Fuck. Can't even wear it without half the game attacking my ass.
>>
>>317997780
Decorations you silly smug cat poster.
>>
>>317987127
>>317987127

Like I had a choice.

Boone went batshit crazy the minute my character walked in.

>Boone is best buddy
>Boone is insta gib all comers
>Boone is truly the New Vegas
>>
>>317997475
I know, they don't understand that racism was just a joke and take it to seriously.
They are seriously racist. In 2015.
>>
>>317997904
Get a mod, cod.
>>
>>317997904
Two of the DLC's have nonfaction versions.
>>
>>317997904
lonesome road

>>317997873
>>317997908
i used my one gold bar as a decoration too
>>
>>317987127
I do not agree with any of their methods and practices.
>>
>>317996253
Right now I don't use anything but hand to hand, but only if necessary. I'm doing a high roller run with 4 bodyguards killing everything for me while I do all the talking and bartering.
Might go guns though as soon as I get Maria just to throw a few potshots in VATS hoping to activate Mysterious Stranger or Miss Fortune.
>>
>>317997975
It baffles me that somewhere along the line, 4chan became legitimately racist.

Now you can't make any sort of racist jokes without your post looking like it's from /pol/.
>>
>>317997735
Pretty sure that morality is just the consensus. Where as ethics revolves around the impact on the individual, and whether it is a positive or negative outcome for them.

E.g. Slavery could be moral because the majority agree with it, but it might not be ethical since it inhibits the freedom of that individual slave.

Where you get into some gray area is something like slavery not being the traditional view we have of it where people are disposable trash if they are a slave, and instead whilst having no rights under the law do have protections and the ability to get out of slavery via legal means.

In the end slavery is an extension of survival of the fittest. Which is why it can be interesting to explore since humanity has gone against that principle for a long time now.
>>
>>317997975
>"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."

It was inevitable
>>
>>317998065
wondering is there a mod that turns the gold bars into throwable weapons?

I'd love the idea of using a gold brick as weapon while dressed in a fancy suit
>>
File: 1448910259812.jpg (73 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1448910259812.jpg
73 KB, 1200x900
Step 1: Ascend from darkness
Step 2: Unleash the horde
Step 3: Rain fire upon the Bull
Step 4: Secure the Dam
Step 5: Wield a fist of iron on the Mojave
Step 6: Skewer the Bear
Step 7: Bury the old Steel
Step 8: Civilization
>>
>>317988568

>4 compressions
>putting on hand on their chest and half-heartedly pushing down is a compression

EIther way they're dum-dums.
>>
>>317997975
I can't believe people seriously do THING in CURRENT YEAR.

Ugh, so toxic.
>>
>>317998161
>In the end slavery is an extension of survival of the fittest. Which is why it can be interesting to explore since humanity has gone against that principle for a long time now.

Well it's interesting that the Bible allows slavery (Even though I've only read ad-hoc interpretations) I wonder if they saw it nesesesary for long term, or if they just wanted more power.

Which would make an interesting justification in the fallout universe, someone finds a bible and justifies a bunch of shit through interpretations.

I would have really liked to have seen more of the new canaanites in NV, I hope Obsid make fallout game with those guys as a faction.
>>
>>317997146
My repair isn't great enough for Jury Rigging. I've got a few LAERs lying around but I'm not willing to use them because I can't repair them easily.
>>
>>317998161
We have gone from Survival of the Fittest [Bodies] to Survival of the Fittest [Ideas]

Dank memetic evolution
>>
>>317996584

Why is holding him still bad?
>>
>>317998383
Go home, Reznov. You've been hamfisted into enough games.
>>
File: 1385033145277.jpg (48 KB, 864x1084) Image search: [Google]
1385033145277.jpg
48 KB, 864x1084
>>317989987
I never saw merchants and money being very valuable in the fallout games. If you need food and ammo there's usually enough low level mobs to farm off of or scavange. Merchant rarely sell something unique that you can't obtain otherwise or directly steal from them. They usually have so little money themselves and value your stuff at shit for most of the game, you might as well not bother doing business with them, just murder
>>
>>317992791
underrated as fuck
>>
>>317995292
>rat fink bastard
You
I like you
>>
>>317997424
Seriously, Nipton was an example of the legion doing something good for a change. Vulpes even says it himself, if the town had actually fucking resisted their insane executions instead of lining up like lambs for the slaughter the legion would've easily lost that fight.
Nipton deserved everything that happened to do them.
>>
>>317998251
>Bad guy monologuing about the evil thing he is about to do
>Out of no where a gold brick comes flying and clocks him unconscious
>"Not today you don't!"

But what would your name be? The Gold Standard? The Crimson Capitalist? Goldie Chucks?

But friend, I like your style.
>>
>>317998774
except there's various pieces of evidence strewn around the town that they DID resist, but were beaten down by superior force
>>
>>317998652
They're pretty important in all the games for me

1,2 had me trading up stuff just to get a better gun or ammo usually

3 NV and 4 is all about ammo, I'd trade heaps just so I can shoot niggas
>>
>>317998996
There's evidence that around 3 people resisted.
No evidence that most of them did anything other than line up and get executed.
>>
>>317998485
Exactly. I want to explore the clash of ideals vs ideals, and vs reality. In a harsh setting.

>>317998554
The memes jack. Which is also interesting given the idea of a memetic legacy.

Is it any wonder this current generation is going to shit when the traditional values handed down through generations that kept us alive and thriving are being drowned out by inane shit?

People already struggled to think for themselves. There is even less hope of it now.

I mean you have people seriously arguing for the repeal of freedom of speech.
>>
>>317995795
Ensuring the longevity and, if need be, legacy of the human species.
>>
>>317999173
Yah all those dead people in the hall look like they lined up against a wall. You think he might just be lying to promote propaganda
>>
File: Naomi_06.jpg (27 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Naomi_06.jpg
27 KB, 480x320
>>317998996
By then the town had already gathered everyone up and rendered themselves vulnerable. As a collective, the town sold out the NCR and Powder Gangers they had housed and given hospitality.

By then it was too late, and they were only resisting because they regretted being traitorous dipshits. Even if you go by the Kenshiro school of evenhanded wasteland justice,you don't spare someone at that point. It's REALLY easy to claim you'll change your ways when the prospect of death is upon you.
>>
>>317999173
and yet the legion had to wait until everyone with combat training was already dead before even starting their plan
bet you it would have gone vastly different had the NCR troopers been alive

Legion is just as cowardly as the so called degenerates they despise
>>
>>317999463
>>317999368
The people with combat experience? You mean the people that the rest of the town either sold out or let die thinking they'd be spared?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.