[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: BEFemDHSkins.jpg (2 MB, 1792x6360) Image search: [Google]
BEFemDHSkins.jpg
2 MB, 1792x6360
Varian is dead
Anduin is king
Vol'jin is missing
Sylvanas is Warchief

Things are looking mighty weird for Azeroth right now. Though I'm sure a ton of people are happy about the last two points.

Demon Hunter models and textures are also looking really nice.
>>
>>317903041
"models" ahahah you mean reskins
>>
File: neDH04.gif (2 MB, 3072x1536) Image search: [Google]
neDH04.gif
2 MB, 3072x1536
>>317903645
They're a hell of a lot better than what we have right now, especially the Night Elf ones, since they're actually completed and HD instead of the half-done and low-res state they were in throughout Warlords.
>>
How do you guys feel about the Artifact weapons? This is how i see it:

Pros:
>Customizable weapons in both ability and appearance
>The quest content to acquire them will probably be pretty good, and there's one for each and every spec
>Possible opportunity for greater variance in builds depending on how the ability customization pans out
>Your character is in the triple digits now - they're not some schmuck. Having a signature weapon feels pretty right.

Cons:
>Many are extremely lore important weapons, and everyone has them.
>A lack of weapon drops can kill some of the appeal of the MMO, but things like world legendaries can offset this.
>This restricts each spec to using one type of weapon. Literally all three Warrior specs use swords? Marksman Hunters can't use rifles? etc etc. Pretty fucked if you asked me.

It would be pretty perfect if the weapon were really "our own", like designed to be part of our character's heroic legacy. Customizable names would be great, as would a choice during the quest as to what kind of weapon we want. An Orc Arms Warrior not even being able to use a legendary axe of some sort feels really wrong.
>>
>>317904439
You can transmog the weapons you know
>>
>>317904676
can you transmog the sword into an axe?

I'm seriously asking, I want to know.

Axes are legit, swordfags go home.
>>
>>317904439
>Pros:
>Customizable weapons in both ability and appearance
Always a plus, and we do have a wide variety of looks for most of them.
>The quest content to acquire them will probably be pretty good, and there's one for each and every spec
This is what I'd been missing for a while, class/spec-specific quests. Have no idea why Blizzard removed them.
>Possible opportunity for greater variance in builds depending on how the ability customization pans out
Hopefully their talent trees have a nice bit of variety and choice to them.
>Your character is in the triple digits now - they're not some schmuck. Having a signature weapon feels pretty right.
Unfortunately, many people take offense to the fact their characters aren't high-level toilet scrubbers who just happened to help defeat old gods and mad dragons and warlords.

>Cons:
>Many are extremely lore important weapons, and everyone has them.
Another thing many people hate, but in your particular game/story only you have them.
>A lack of weapon drops can kill some of the appeal of the MMO, but things like world legendaries can offset this.
Personally I like not having to scrounge and search for weapons, especially when I'm a WW Monk and prefer fist weapons.
>This restricts each spec to using one type of weapon. Literally all three Warrior specs use swords? Marksman Hunters can't use rifles? etc etc. Pretty fucked if you asked me.
That part is annoying, but remember that we can transmog the Artifacts.
>>
>>317904823
It was some time ago but you can xmog a weapon as long as it fits its category and can use it. so all 2h weapons can xmog with each other.
>>
>>317904823
Yes, you always could. Bow into rifle, axe into mace. Just has to be equipable and the fill they same slot.

Gonna give my survival hunter an axe or sword
>>
>>317904823
All one-handed weapons can be transmogged to look like each other.

All two-handed weapons can be transmogged to look like each other, even ones as different as swords and polearms.

All guns, crossbows, and bows can be transmogged into each other.

We still can't transmog weapons to look like Legendaries, so anyone with the Warglaives of Azzinoth can't make their Demon Hunter look like they're wielding them.
>>
>>317905007
You know the point of an MMORPG is that it's not your story, right? You play a role in the world, and that's it. The world should not revolve around the player, because it betrays the point of the genre. When the world revolves around the player, that is a single-player experience.
>>
>>317905728
You're still doing things with other people, so what's the problem again? Instances, raids, world bosses, world objectives requiring multiple people. The only difference now is that since you're no longer a green scrub like you were in the time of Vanilla you're being celebrated and rewarded for your deeds.
>>
>>317904439
>How do you guys feel about the Artifact weapons
Don't like them, they double as talent trees, so why not just have talent trees?

While the class quests could be fun I really don't like the fact that bosses are now 100% material grinds.

Nobody is going to get excited that Gul'dan dropped "Upgrade Thingamajig x 20" as opposed to stuff like Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood or Apolyon, the Soul-Render etc.
>>
>>317905728

There isn't a single 'point' to an MMO, you know. Genres aren't that narrow.

That said, WoW has ALWAYS elevated the player character in its questlines. They may not explicitly be a chosen one or something, but they've always been exceptional and favourites of many important characters in the lore. Only they could tackle this quest! Their exemplary service makes them the perfect emissary to this next questing zone! They'll lead this assault! Et cetera. Artifact weapons haven't changed a thing.
>>
>>317904439
>but things like world legendaries can offset this.
They aren't legendary anymore. They're just epic+ gear.
It's kinda sad desu
>>
>>317906393
kek
t b h
just checkin
>>317906225
You've never been at the level they've set you at after the general/garrison thing. Sure, you were special, but it was also heavily implied that you had at least 39 other special friends. Everyone being *the* snowflake wasn't WoW, everyone being snowflake enough to be with each other to push the story was WoW. We've gone past that and not we're just into self fellatio.
>>
>>317904149
honestly i cant tell they differance, they just look like they changed the skin and made a scalely looking one
>>
Vol'jin is missing because there is a big Troll shindig incoming. You know, since the Zandalari island is sinking and the Trolls are shot to fuck now.
>>
How are shamans shaping up this xpac?

>>317904439
A shitty excuse to not make more weapon models. I wouldn't hate them as much if Ashbringer and Doomhammer weren't used. The rest are just random ORIGINAL CONTENT DONUT STEEL nonsense, but those first two are legit.

I also hate everybody being handed 'legendary' weapons straight out of the gate. This whole "YOU ARE THE GODKING SAVIOUR OF AZEROTH" sucks balls and only the worst of the worst people want or respond positively to such coddling nonsense.
>>
>>317904439
I'm actually alright with the idea of Artifact weapons, but I dislike how they're using actual hyped up lore weapons like Ashbringer and Doomhammer.

>>317906393
I feel like instead of making the rare world drops in Legion legendary, they should've made a new item tier for those kinds of things.

I dunno though.
>>
>>317906862
Look at the Night Elf model and texture in WoD. You can tell they're only half-done, especially compared to the other races. They don't have half the detail as the others.
>>
casting through staves and other weapons WHEN?
>>
>>317907972
Legion. There's new animations for casters using staves.
>>
>>317908437
Prove it.

There's animations for DH, but the only other new animation is holding your weapon if you're a monk so far.
>>
File: 13532452375.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
13532452375.png
29 KB, 200x200
>>317907972
>>317908437
>casting with weapons
I hope you're bullshitting because that shit is disgusting.
>>
>>317908656
>>317908509
Booyakasha
>>317886398
>>
>>317907436
>I dislike how they're using actual hyped up lore weapons like Ashbringer and Doomhammer.

Seconding this, should've been new items rather than legendaries that have some very major plot strings attached to them.
Also I'm still pissed that I fell asleep mid run across azeroth and woke up after Deathwing fucked over azeroth and I couldn't turn in the last quest for Rhok'delar and have been pestering the gms every now and then about that, stopped playing my original hunter over it.

Also occasionally pestering the devs to revamp the questline or use bronze dragonflight shennaiganry to let classes do their special class quests again since they can force scaling and whatnot.
>>
>>317908761
I said in the other thread, its a fucking glory pose. It's named "ArtPoseLoop". Artifact Pose Loop, for when you get your artifact, it'll show the name on the screen and do a little triumphant music.

Goddamn WoW has a lot of fuckin idiots for fans.
>>
>>317903041
>belf female
>>317904149
>nelf male

>no nelf female
for what purpose
>>
>>317909070
Out of 36 or whatever weapons, 2 of them are weapons that pre-existed. The DK swords are shards of frostmourne, but shadowmourne was already shards of icecrown, same basic idea.

Out of 36 weapons, you bitch about 2 of em. Just shut up.
>>
>>317909723
It's the lore that's attached to them... I mean fuck there shouldn't be a million swords forged from the shards of frostmourne, same with ashbringer.. I mean you can only break apart the core of a naaru so many different times before something fucks up and you get a daemon lord to show up and slannesh patrol everyone...
>>
>>317910137
.....I was posting in another thread about 40k... and you know what I'm just going to roll with it. there you go folks, you break a naaru's core enough 40k will invade wow.
>>
File: neFemDH01.jpg (2 MB, 3600x4600) Image search: [Google]
neFemDH01.jpg
2 MB, 3600x4600
>>317909694
My bad.

>>317909723
Because people need to cling to anything they can in order to bitch and cry, no matter how retarded or easy to refute it is.
>>
>>317910137
Good thing that you're the only one who does that sort of thing in your particular game, so you're the only one with Ashbringer or dual Frostmourne reforges.
>>
File: you are a pirate.jpg (65 KB, 1746x1080) Image search: [Google]
you are a pirate.jpg
65 KB, 1746x1080
Who outlaw rogue here?
>>
>>317910556
I'm not following... is blizz fracturing the game even more by separating everyone into their own unique instance or something? Or is it similar to a world first, as in first player to get it is the only player on the server to have it?
>>
File: 1383424261597.jpg (100 KB, 597x800) Image search: [Google]
1383424261597.jpg
100 KB, 597x800
I haven't played WoW in something like 5 years.
Are elves still 80% of Horde players?
I find it strange that if you want to kill elves as a monster you can now play as a werewolf on the Alliance.
Fucking elves. I realize they were added to balance the faction populations, but I still hate the effect they had.
>>
i just started a wow trial to scout it and see how it felt (haven't played since cata).

first thing that pops up on durotar general chat: "face it, wow is dying"

and then two people proceeding to talk about how their exercise consists of putting food into their mouths, and some weird shit involving ice cream.

That's enough WoW forever.Uninstalled
>>
File: Barrens Chat.jpg (114 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Barrens Chat.jpg
114 KB, 800x600
>>317911624
Casual.
>>
>>317911875
I wasn't even in barrens though.
>>
>>317911875
The Barrens truly was a magical place.
Not as good as STV (I only played on PvP servers) but still it had its charm for the reasons in that picture.
Hard to believe it's been almost a decade.
>>
>>317912098
>almost a decade
It's been 11 years.
>>
>>317911875
But where makriks wife tho
>>
>>317912175
Has it? Damn. I'd say I started about a year after release day. I remember playing Alterac Valley and then a few weeks later the troll NPCs were removed from it.
>>
>>317903041
>Sylvanas is Warchief

it's about fucking time, time for shit to get done I hope

largest invasion of the Alliance territory ever when?
>>
File: 1403803719611.jpg (236 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403803719611.jpg
236 KB, 1080x1080
>>317912175
>>
>>317911875
this pic actually made me nostalgic
>>
>>317912224
dunno now, but she used to be off in the middle of fucking nowhere dead
>>
>>317912429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKBitmL7hg
>>
>>317906650

its real old to hear people constantly crying about shit that was 10 years ago.

times change. games change. genres change. this is wow now, its more cinematic, and you're the special snowflake.

it would honestly be disheartening if after doing everything i've done in the game, theres no recognition for it. having tirion kill steal the LK, having thrall save the day in cataclysm, and having thrall be the one to kill garry is extremely unfulfilling, it makes all the build up they did for those characters and their stories to feel worthless.
>>
>>317907065

elemental and resto are more of the same. enhance will be awesome.
>>
>>317910962

no, there won't be more instances.

story wise, you're the leader of your class, and the only one with the weapon.

game wise every one has one.
>>
>>317905135
>You always could
No you couldn't, you faggot. It was not until much later in Mists that they enabled cross-item-type transmog.
>>
>>317913227
>story wise, you're the leader of your class,

...I...what?....no, god dammit that's what pissed me off about Wod the most "you you're leading the expedition"

No god dammit I'm just supposed to just be a more powerful mook the named NPCs are the ones in charge.

That's how I always understood the game anyway, not everything has to be "you are the one fated to be the destroyer of evil", wow is wow, no one is more special...

Am I wrong in this line of thinking?
>>
>>317913558

dude the named npcs are dead/gone

who else is going to lead?

i main a paladin, and the only paladin i'm gonna take orders from and listen to is tirion, and if tirions dead, i'm not taking orders from some schmuck who just got added to the story.

i killed illidan, pushed back kil'jaeden, took out the fucking aspect of magic malygos, stopped the messenger of the titans, killed an old god, stopped the lich king, fucked up ragnaros, clipped deathwings wings, took out an ogre king, killed blackhand, and fucked up archimonde.

you're not wrong in your thinking, and the way wow worked 10 years was great for it, because every thing was new and fresh, a lot of the characters hadn't been built up yet. but it has been that long, i'm a little of tirion leading the charge, i'm tired of thrall being in the spot light. my character has worked hard, i'd like to be in the spot light for a bit and for what i've accomplished.
>>
>>317911875
>go into Barrens now
>barely anyone there
>giant gaping chasm down the middle
>>
So with Varian's whole "FOR AZEROTH!" dying warcry after a monologue about peace and super-forgiving Anduin now becoming King, will the whole Alliance-versus-Horde bit finally be officially dropped since they always end up joining forces to fight the _real_ villain at the end anyway? Or will something happen that'll have 'em at each other's throats again, thus keeping the WAR in Warcraft?
>>
>>317904439
>no weapon drops
As a class which is entirely dependent on weapon damage, this is a godsend.
Two expansion packs I've farmed the last boss, and the 2h STR wep has not dropped.
Logged so many Garry kills, but Corrupted Gorehowl never ever dropped once. I coined about 23 pairs of haste pants though.
Now I've killed H Arch 20+ times and the sword hasn't even been seen, outside of coin rolls. I swear BIS weapons dropping off the last boss are fucking CURSED.
>>
>>317913558
Dude, questlines citing your character as the Chosen One have been around forever. WoD didn't change that.
>>
>>317914358

theres a datamined scenario with genn greymane fighting sylvannus.

i believe he kills nathanos blightcaller, but who knows
>>
>>317913878
Maybe I'm just the one who's old in my way of thinking then.. I mean sure it's cool, and on occasion I think it's neat when Blizz adds certain player characters to the lore (like Leroy), but not everything has to be a total win for the players...

Anyway what're your thoughts on this, blizz is going to be replacing servers in 17/18 area (know a guy involved in a company heavily lobbying them to get the contract to supply the replacements), my thoughts are what if they go and setup some Vanilla servers (with maybe some tweaking) for players who want to go through progression again that you can't transfer toons out until the server catches up with the game, basically set the bar of 60-70% of the server has to have seen endgame content before the next progression patch hits.

Think that would even fly?

>>317914358
no idea, my theory is legion is setting up for the next warcraft game though.
>>
>friend's who have never played much get hyped for Legion because of the Warcraft movie
>start leveling with them
>get to 100 within a few days they all don't care anymore
Are the revamped cata zones supposed to be terrible because they all feel like they were made for 10 veteran autists and not actual new players. The zones are filled with set pieces and quests that only a veteran would get, like in Barrens there's an Alliance base that was built around those silithid worm mounds and there's a big issue over scraping the eggs out. Not to mention all the Defias stuff that's completely glossed over
Also it feels like the terrain itself was designed for people with flying mounts because there's giant gaping holes littered across zones.

So what I found bad was that you out level zones too fast. We would be doing a quest line in a zone then do a dungeon, that 1 dungeon would jump us up 2 levels and we'd come back to a zone where all our quests were either green or grey. They realize this is bad for new players right?
Getting invested in a zones quests then being shooed out of the zone back to SW to check the quest board
>>
File: legendaries.png (2 MB, 1136x1859) Image search: [Google]
legendaries.png
2 MB, 1136x1859
>>317904439
Artifacts are great, but I'm more interested in the Diablo style legendaries.
>>
>>317914358
>keeping the WAR in Warcraft
Dude the "war" died down after what happened in WC3. Horde/Alliance conflict boiled down to "you stay on that side of the line and we'll stay on this side"

Most of WoW's conflict came from heroes having to clean up remnants of the rts games.
>>
>>317914647

i don't think it'll ever happen honestly. blizzard is extremely stubborn, and is usually years late on adding things players want.

i think vanilla servers would just fracture the small player base even more. just like they won't separate the pvp and pve aspects of the game.

and if anything, they'll just release an HD warcraft when the movie comes out next year.

they can come up with a lot of bullshit to keep the wow plotline moving, wod is a good example of that. its entire purpose was bringing gul'dan to the main timeline.
>>
>>317905283
There are two exceptions to those rules.

Daggers can only xmog to daggers.

Fist weapons can only xmog to fist weapons.

Everything else is okay as long as it requires the same amount of hands.

Sword, Axe, and Mace can all be xmogged freely.

2H Sword, 2H Axe, 2H Mace, Staff, and Polearms can all be xmogged freely.

Bow, Crossbows, and Guns can all be xmogged freely.

The only thing I'm not sure about are Wands. I assume they can be mogged freely with Swords, Axes, and Maces but I'm not certain.
>>
Just like Warlords, it is hyped to hell and all, just like Warlords, everyone will say for the first two weeks it's awesome, and just like Warlords it will be an utter piece of shit. WoW formula never changes.

Also, good job on killing all the actually fun characters in the game and putting those that nobody gives a shit about either in charge or increasing them in rank.
>>
>>317914719

they don't really want new players to focus on the old stuff, its there for when they hit max level and wanna explore.

its why the last two expansions have had level boosts.
>>
>>317914719
I just started playing WoW for the very first time several months ago. Dwarf warrior. I stopped doing zone questing from lvl40-90 since I wanted to play every dungeon I could in the group finder, and it turns out that not only do you level up a whole lot faster just from playing each dungeon once, but you also get better gear than zone questing could ever give you.
>>
>>317905283
I'm still waiting on being able to transmog off hands to look like a shield.

Gotta finish my battlemage set, got the stormwind guard armor with a blue hood and cloak and a longsword that glows blue. Only thing that ruins it is the off hand though, can't find a good matching piece.
>>
>>317914719
The "revamped" Cata content should have been max level zones. Like make a couple of the iconic classic zones phased max level zones. Its clear they wanted Cata to be the vanilla nostaliga jerk off fest expansion. They even said before Cata launched Norther Barrens was going to be the 80 start zone.
>>
>>317915079
>they don't really want new players to focus on the old stuff
That's bad though because the "new stuff" is barely there. People get rushed through to the "real game" only to find out the real game is nothing but bland grinding in automated queues.
>>
>>317903041
Um, what now?

Are all your spoilers real from some fucking book like they did between MoP and WoD or are you just guessing?

End of MoP, Hellscream is lead away in chains, Start of WoD you are back in time fighting an invasion and Hellscream and no one ingame says why.

Such bullshit.
>>
>>317914943
>its entire purpose was bringing gul'dan to the main timeline.

They could have found a way to do that without unfucking draenor... honestly I liked how the planet got broke, it should've stayed broken. Wod should have been a game where we took the fight to the legion not relived an alternate timeline TBC....
>>
>>317915516
No. They're part of the quest strings for Legion.

The earliest leveling zone/launch zone will have this.l
>>
>>317911875
>WTF? you can solo that noob

That stuff is such bullshit, in a multiplayer game that is the #1 response for people looking for a group.
>>
Starting WoW for the first time, best build for solo play?!
>>
>>317914218

what was your mom doing in the barrens
>>
>>317903041
Is Varian confirmed dead?
>>
>>317903041
some of those skins are really enabling cracked-whore role play.
>>
File: 1399158561076.jpg (231 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1399158561076.jpg
231 KB, 560x560
>>317914754
Glad to see they actually made items interesting again.
Too bad it was 8 fucking years after "e sports" stabbed fun items it in the heart and the loot cards twisted the dagger
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 355x166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 355x166
>>317912318
>He plays Horde in 2015
>>
>>317915703
BM hunter, windwalker monk, generally any rogue if you manage your cc's right, and I'd say demonology locks are fairly good at soloing stuff but I haven't touched my lock since mists...
>>
>>317915649
Ah ok, thanks. I don't even have a problem reading books for more back story but got burned by the crap that was the Mass Effect books everyone was saying were really well written.

God those books sucked. They were like a High School students class project.
>>
>>317915924

>he plays the alliance in the year 2015

im shocked?
>>
>>317911084
You could always kill elves as a monster anon. Night elves to be precise.
>>
>>317903041
>start playing resto druid in WoD
>last time I played it was Wotlk
>discover Genesis
>quickly becomes my favorite spell
>Removed

Fuck you Blizzard. How am I supposed to heal someone taking a fuckton of damage over a long period of time without Genesis? It's such an amazingly versatile and interesting spell.
>>
File: 1430113781455.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1430113781455.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>317916124
>he plays wow in 2015
>>
>>317916228

Oh and I suppose you don't play WoW in 2015?
>>
>>317915703
>Starting WoW for the first time
>best build for solo play
The only time it matters is when you are soloing old raid content. and even then most classes can do it anyways.
Every class can solo content ridiculously easy while leveling up because character strength is way over tuned for leveling content. You honestly would be better off just getting a character boost and then watchign a how to youtube video if you wanted to learn your class.
>>
>>317912318
>>Sylvanas is Warchief
>it's about fucking time

Past time really.

They should have made her the chief in MoP when Hellscream was singling out a Horde leader to try and take out, they make it the Trolls for some reason when they already had years of disgust Hellscrealm had for the Undead. Sylvanas was the obvious choice for that storyline.

>Well at least during the Siege she will get some good moments telling off Hellscream.

Literally background NPCs had more impact than any other Horde or Alliance leader during that fucking raid.
>>
>>317916185
The point was that the factions switched around and they lost their atmosphere.
"One of the few remaining High Elves" turned out to be the vast bulk of the faction and the game became elves vs. elves
>>
>>317915516
>End of MoP, Hellscream is lead away in chains, Start of WoD you are back in time fighting an invasion and Hellscream and no one ingame says why.

Having just gotten into WoD content recently, I found the whole way it starts off to be hilarious. The Iron Horde NEVER posed as a threat to Azeroth because as soon as that portal opened, it was us heroes going on the offensive into Draenor. If this was a proper story, the first half would be the Iron Horde fighting across Azeroth until the Alliance and Horde can push them back, and then the second half would be the counterattack into Draenor. But what we got was the Iron Horde being unable to even cross the portal, let alone gain a foothold.

Of course, story inadequacies like this have largely to do with with zone system and preservation of old content. The alliance and Horde can never really be threatened by invasion because the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor has to maintain all the Cataclysm quests. New stories must take place in new lands.

We're running into the same problem with Legion, too. What's that? The Burning Legion is invading? Well, not really... we're actually taking the fight to them on a never-before-seen landmass.
>>
>>317916428
>They should have made her the chief in MoP when Hellscream was singling out a Horde leader to try and take out, they make it the Trolls for some reason when they already had years of disgust Hellscrealm had for the Undead. Sylvanas was the obvious choice for that storyline.

This is especially reinforced by the questline in Silverpine forest.

Sylvanas shows some real competence there, and you get to see directly the tension between her and Hellscream.

>Watch your tongue, bitch.
>>
>>317913878
>i'd like to be in the spot light for a bit and for what i've accomplished.

That's the point though, you're not. You and a million other schmucks are in the spotlight. Serious question, how old are you and when did you start playing?

I feel there is a disconnect between newer players wanting to be the "HERO OF THE REALM! THRALL IS TALKING TO 'ME'!" despite there being millions of other people getting the exact same experience, this is what always sucked about other MMOs, i always liked being a cog in the machine, just some murderhobo who took part in all these large events.

Like, you say you want to feel special, i have no idea how you can when everyone else experiences the exact same shit as you. It completely devalues it for me.
>>
>>317903041
I am resubbing because of the Sylvanas being Warchief thing.

I haven't played since Cata.

Should I bother with WoD or just wait for Legion?
>>
>>317916730
So... how about EVE?
>>
File: 1432611818568.jpg (329 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1432611818568.jpg
329 KB, 1200x800
>>317915742
>>
File: 1403769280660.png (273 KB, 445x320) Image search: [Google]
1403769280660.png
273 KB, 445x320
>>317916124
>original zones are fucked side ways
>Cairne is dead
>Thrall left to be a dad
>Warchief mantle has passed twice, previous WC started an interdimensional war that led the legion to our doorstep
>Voljin is missing after just getting the job
>undead went from being moody to complete edgelords
>Org is still an orange tinged abyss of spikes
>sylvanas now warchief
>covered up her mid drift
>incoming wave ot BE demon hunters
>2015
>playing horde
Horde player since 2004 man, faction is utterly dead. I miss our good times on the Org bank
>>
>>317916792
Just wait unless there's classes you want to get to 100 in preparation, or you really want that moose mount
>>
>>317903041
>>317910424
Oh wow. Those toned elves. I am now suddenly interested in making a demon hunter
>>
>>317915021
>Varian
>fun character
>Sylvanas
>nobody gives a shit about

what m8
>>
>>317916839
Horde are total dindus.
>>
>>317914754

> You can now get legendary weapons from looting bear hides.

Why is this a good thing? Seems geared to completely fucking shit on raiders too since some random fucknugget can happen across multiple legendaries and replace you because "fuck you more RNG."
>>
>>317916792
WoD is one fucking lazy expansion but the story in each zone is good for a few weeks worth of content.

It's when you hit 100 and there is dick all to do and the quests you get are nonexistent then you let your sub time run out.

It's honestly not even worth it to farm the Legendary this time
>be OP for 20 seconds at a time in our nameless NPC killing spree for the dailies
>B.F.D.
>>
>>317916892
Maybe I'll get some toons to 100 but I'm not interested in no moose mount or in that shitty looking Garrison feature.

>>317917049
Alright cheers anons I'll jump on with a mate, get my mage, priest and druid to 100 then leave it. Legion isn't due until like Sept 2016 right?
>>
>>317916834
>paying a company to take another job

....I play elite to get my space fix now that 343 fucked up halo and I can't trust bioware anymore.
>>
>>317916705
Exactly.

I could understand not making her the focus if they were waiting on something specific in a future xpac. But not using her at all during that entire storyline was just incompetent writing.
>>
>>317916892
>moose mount
>multiple moose mount models datamined from the files yesterday
>>
>>317908437
THANK FUCKING GOD!

Finally my Benediction/Anathema will get even more street cred.
>>
File: 1423005348294.gif (875 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1423005348294.gif
875 KB, 500x521
I think the problem is that at max level there's no real quest lines outside of legendary quest. The legendary quest is essentially just a glorified raid lock out.

Vanilla had a bunch of high level quest chains that either unlocked something or got you a cool blue or something. Not to mention how professions are worthless now
>>
>>317917113
>Legion isn't due until like Sept 2016 right?

They say that is just a placeholder eta so they can start taking pre-orders but nothing else suggesting a drop date is posted or stated anywhere. So that is the best guess from fans right now.
>>
>>317917240
And they look like actual mooses instead of over-designed garbage.
>>
>>317917361
No worries I'll keep an eye out. Thanks lads.

This is the calmest, non-shitpostiest thread I have seen in ages. Good work WoWfriends
>>
File: 1441049243925.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441049243925.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>317917329
>made a priest
>Benediction removed from the game
Props to people who earned it but I'm so fucking mad. That's the most "priest" looking staff in the game. No other one comes close
>>
>>317917351

Also they did the classic Blizzard Pendulum after people bitched about MoP dailies. Completely removed and replaced them with a shittier system.

I mean, it's so obvious each "Apexis Zone" was originally supposed to be a daily quest hub, only instead of individual quests they just mashed everything together into an even blander 'experience', somehow creating something more annoying than simple dailies.
>>
>>317916705
Plus it would have been funny to see her step one foot into pandaland and explode into sha

>>317917240
Of course this is true

However, this particular moose is gone once legion hits so if you're one of those mount collecting autists you might want to buy a heroic archimonde carry sometime within the next few months
>>
>>317917527
Very few faggots will even know what it is anyway.
>>
>>317917545
I've seen it and it looks like shit. All the datamined moose mounts are just moose. The archimonde one has a bunch of decorative shit all over it
>>
>>317917614
I didn't want it for street cred, I wanted it because it looks really cool
>>
>>317917528
I actually like the Tanaan daily quest system.

It makes it a lot easier to group up with random people and finish everything quickly. There's always a bunch of groups up, so you can finish all of your dailies in a 5-man party without much effort.

It's especially fun as a pretty well-geared boomkin (734ilvl) to run around starfalling everything, completing each objective in 2-3 minutes.

I couldn't do that before. This method of dailies gives a lot more variation.
>>
>>317903041
>My guild just killed Mythic Archimonde
>Legion inbound

I really hope I'll have time to get the mount before the expansion hits. Hopefully I'll be lucky with rolls to get it early.
>>
>>317917545
>Plus it would have been funny to see her step one foot into pandaland and explode into sha

Hmmm..which one? Fear or Pride?

>>317917527
shadow holy or disc?

>>317917757
looked like a really gaudy church cross.

>>317917881
I'd just like to pug into a group that doesn't fall apart or /gdisband at iskar.. and now I'm not joking about the /gdisband, I've been in two groups that had a massive blowout over how the fight went that wrecked the guild.

Just sitting in vent and it all goes down and then the last person in the vent channel realizes the pug heard it all and apologizes for what happened.
>>
>>317916839
It's gotten so bad this expansion.
Every single fucking PvP player is on alliance, so being on a PvP server is fucking awful.
Expect Alliance gank squads of 3 people taking on 20+ horde, and destroying them.
Nobody on Horde has fucking PvP gear, and they are all so passive.
Rolling on a PvP server for the population, they abhor PvP in general (bitch on forums in MoP over the PvP part of Leg quest, while being on PvP server).
So you get people trying hard to run away or sitting on their flying mount, while 3 ally decimate 20 players in a daily area.
If they just fucking fought back we could wipe the floor with them, half the horde are Heroic/Mythic geared. But everyone is so fucking passive.
There is no war in fucking warcraft anymore. I was hoping the unannounced feature was a faction removal altogether.
Quite frankly, I've tried to play alliance many times, but it just doesn't feel right. All the good times were played on Horde side.

Not only is the faction dead PvP wise, mainly because of the human racial and twitch streamers controlling the faction choice.
But we're stuck with fucking awful players and aesthetics. The Alliance garrison actually looked really pleasant, ours was fucking terrible.
Gone are the days when Horde had the older players, while all the noobs picked Alliance.

Org was fucking ruined in Cata, it feels so fucking shitty now.
In Vanilla some people were always in TB or UC, because of crafting trainers. I fucking hate that nobody goes to the other Capitals anymore.

How do you just let go of 10 years? I've never liked any of the Alliance races or models, but the Horde is just a fucking blight now.
Might be the first xpack I switch factions for.
Knowing my luck, all the top PvP memers will go orcs because of hardiness + new PvP resist talent, aka the new OP PvP meta.
Really not looking forward to fucking elf only DH, considering the sort of players who main elves. Orcs and Draenei should've been secondary races for them.
>>
Anyone else hate the female demon hunter models for Legion? Both the night elf and blood elf females look way too muscular now, and they have shit like scales and bigass horns. It looks awful and way too monsterlike. Why can't they be more cute and feminine?
>>
File: What's the deal you guys.jpg (61 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
What's the deal you guys.jpg
61 KB, 384x313
Blizzard are getting desperate to bring players back, but their new expansions have less content than the ones they were making when the game was popular. Why are they doing that?
>>
>>317918239
Pride and Hatred, followed by Fear and Anger

Bitch is nuts
>>
>>317918393
>not wanting muscle monstergirls
Queer of the year.
>>
>having little faggot as a king
vs
>having badass Sylvanas that won't take shit from noone as a warchief

I know what I'd pick senpai.
>>
>>317917527
Roll a Draenei priest and get Velen's staff. It looks quite good.

>>317917881
Congratz anon and GL with that Sky golem reskin.
Mine just got Mythic Gorefiend down, and think they're literally godlike raiders.
Of course 10 free ilvls and a 20k DPS boost trinket had no effect on it, when they would wipe over and over previously (all before the first feast).
>>
File: morrigan-tvc1.jpg (74 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
morrigan-tvc1.jpg
74 KB, 650x1000
>>317918448
Japanese design female demons better than the west. Nobody wants to play as a scary looking monster woman.
>>
>>317918327
>judging people based on what fictional race they choose to play as

Elf only Demon Hunters are step in a right direction. Every race should have their own unique classes.
>>
>>317907059
>Vol'jin pulls an Ironforge and finally unites all the Troll tribes under one banner
It would be rad as fuck but probably asking too much of Vol'jin to actually do something for once
>>
>>317916663
Are you a moron, although you are partly right about how they didnt feel like any real threat.

Garry escaped in a book with the timewalker isle dragon and the pre wod event was the orcs coming through the portal
>>
>>317918529
>Mine just got Mythic Gorefiend down, and think they're literally godlike raiders.
Hey man, he's a pretty difficult boss. We actually wiped twice on him on yesterday's farm raid.
Gorefiend is the fist real stop. You should have fairly smooth sailing from now on up untill Mannoroth.

And yeah, we killed Archimonde after ilvl upgrade and trinkets. It didn't really affect Phase 1 or 2 much, but I imagine having phase 3 last less helped us a lot.
>>
File: antouine.jpg (368 KB, 703x540) Image search: [Google]
antouine.jpg
368 KB, 703x540
>tfw the Horde population is probably going to be literally half Blood Elves or more once Demon Hunter surpasses Death Knight as the most played class
>and the Bitch Queen is the Warchief now
>>
>>317918594
See I'm kinda hoping that the "elves only" thing will basically set things up so that the demon hunters can do a pandaland chose your faction choice at the end of the demon hunter starter area, iirc one of the leaks indicated that all the demon hunters are from before the horde and alliance were really a thing, so lorewise it would make sense that even if they're a night elf they might go and chill at the high elf capitol and vice versa...

Or at the very least blizz should apply mercenary mode to PVE too.
>>
>>317918450
>having betamax kid who wants peace, get put in his place by based Genn fucking Greymane, who wrecks Sylvannas and blightcaller, forcing her to res with a Val'kyr AGAIN
>he goes off to have friendly fondling with Wrathion again
>meanwhile Magni comes back and wonders why the FUCK dark irons are in his city
>then Tyrande remains "silent" as her lover fucks animals in the Emerald Dream, and she watches Illidan and Maiev OTP all xpack, wishing she stuck with him
>Velen sacrifices himself to save us (just like AU Velen, what a twist!)
vs
>Sylvannas aka Bitch queen goes on her angst crusade, while every beta orbiter SJW in the game protects her new turdskin body armor choice.
The Horde is now ruled by an edgy strong woman, the feminist players will rejoice! WoW is finally diverse, remove this bikinimogs!
>Vol'jin is off getting his arsed stabbed again, then we need to go save him in the demon troll capital raid
>Lor'Themar forgotten after being a badass in MoP, probably getting drunk over letting 100000 demon hunter immigrants into his city, wondering why he isn't warchief
>orc faction leader...oh wait
>Baine does nothing again
>Gallywix doesn't exist in game still

Fix your taste, silly little kohai.
>>
>>317918594
>playing a blood elf
Never trust an efl
-that guy who was right
>>
>>317919126
....Or Gallywix completes a hostile takover of org and is the new orc faction leader and is the one really pulling the strings horde side....

Silly idea buut it could work?
>>
>>317908761
>>317909159

hahaha

drones btfo
>>
>>317918401
smarter business model. loads of people get a new xpac to see new content. so blizzard is releasing them as fast as possible. each one will change stuff up and "be more like the old days" or something to get more new people and returning veterans to play for 1 or 2 months so blizzard makes loads of dosh. "sticker price and not a dollar more" for game plus 2 months sub, plus some cash shop stuff while the person getting back into the game is blinded by hype.

loads of money.
>>
>>317918327
pro tip you are a retard
>>
>>317919126
While I hate new Sylvanas design, you are delusional if you think that WoW got rid of skimpy armor to somehow appease SJW with this one design choice. They are clearly not doing this (see the new elf queen model from Legion, or any female in Blizzard recent games, really). I think they made her full armor cause they thought it fits better when she's warchief. Sylvanas will also probably go evil so it will just be "portraying woman as manipulating evil bitches" and will still get hated from SJW crowd.
>>
>>317919894
pro tip: kill yourself
>>
File: 1446890191681.jpg (69 KB, 790x210) Image search: [Google]
1446890191681.jpg
69 KB, 790x210
>>317920130
>delusional
>>
>>317922027
Yes, he said that. But does Blizzard act on that? It doesn't.
>>
>>317905135
More or less, but Death Knights cannot transmog Mace/Axe/Swords into Polearms or Vice Versa.

It's quite weird.
>>
>>317922027

>say this
>then have so many hot women in overwatch fitting all tastes and fetishes
>even had expand ass

Metzen you coke infused devil you.
>>
>>317922027
>>
>>317922027
>>317922027
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>317922027
sure
>>
File: 14850654099130.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
14850654099130.gif
2 MB, 320x287
>>317903041

>Sylvanas is warchief

Oh, cool, more hot undead elf fanserv-

>covered up her midriff

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD
>>
>>317922441

>elven milfs with abs

oh i know just why i have this boner
>>
>>317922441
>>317922524

Both ugly as fuck.

>>317922594

Overwatch still meets it's "diversity quota" and has a literal pink haired tumblr bull dyke.
>>
>>317922798
They may appear ugly to you, same as Sylvanas is ugly for some other people. Their beauty is not the point, the point is that Blizzard has in no way stopped to design sexy females or at least sexily clothed females. Yes, Metzen could have said that but from what we know he isn't lead developer of Legion.
>>
File: 1408446543305.png (28 KB, 324x411) Image search: [Google]
1408446543305.png
28 KB, 324x411
>>317922441
>>
File: 1408738421036.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1408738421036.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
I want to resubscribe. Send help.
>>
>>317923278
What class and spec do you play?
>>
File: 1445132855297.jpg (40 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1445132855297.jpg
40 KB, 650x366
>>317915742
this was such an underrated as fuck burn why doesn't this have like 300 replies
>>
>>317917021
This is how it was in good games, before wow
>>
>>317922798
Most people doesn't even like her as a character. She is one of the least played hero in the game. Most people play Widowmaker and Tracer that I would consider being "sexy female characters".

In WoW, nobody liked marry sue aka Yrel. Even if Blizzard tried to push that she was a strong female character with no man. (backlash because she was original made out to have a relationship with Maraad.)
>>
>>317923329
Mostly rogues. I haven't played since WotLK, though.
>>
>>317923278
Unless you're a surv hunt, disc priest, combat rogue or demo lock your class will just be dumbed down to hell and back and Demon hunters will be better at your role by default.
>>
>>317923081

Who the hell thinks Sylvanas is ugly? She probably has the 2nd most porn of any Warcraft female.

Kerrigan suffers from western manface and that skin isn't meant to be sexy like succubi, more like the Diablo style "spiky, dark and corrupted" bullshit.
>>
>>317923534
Only assassination rogue has poison now, combat rogue is pretty much a frail furry war with a shitty pistol and subtlety just had buttons taken out of him.
>>
File: 1384215248319.jpg (13 KB, 154x155) Image search: [Google]
1384215248319.jpg
13 KB, 154x155
>everyone has a weapon of fabled, paramount importance that's supposed to be a one of a kind marvel
>and you can make it into storm and fire versions completely contradicting and nullifying all set lore
>everyone is the leader of their entire class
>new demon hunter class with glaives, double jump and a bunch of warlock abilities
>fuck you warlocks, demon hunters have the stuff you had literally last month

So they're going for the devianart, fanfiction audience now? This is all before you look at the story
>>
>>317923278
i resubbed there is stuff to do but my only complaint is nobody communicates with each other even inside guilds it just makes it feel pretty barren
>>
>>317923562
> She probably has the 2nd most porn of any Warcraft female.
Who the hell is first then? Jayna?
>>
>>317923557
>resto shaman
>lose earth shiled and chain heal
>only gain some shitty frontal heal
i want some blizzard employees to be dragged out back and shot
>>
>>317923562
I know some people that think Sylvanas is ugly, so those people exist. Also, have you seen the cinematic? Sylvanas also suffers from manface in it.
>>
>>317923715
think its that shitty draenai chick
>>
>>317923804
Irel? Don't think I've seen much of her porn, certainly way less than Sylvanas, unless you just mean generic Draenei model, because if we count those night elf wins anyway.
>>
>tfw transmog market is ded
>>
>>317923534
Rogues by far does the most damage currently.

Go go.
>>
>>317903041
Is now a good time to play WoW for technically the first time? I only touched WoW once and that was for an hour bc my roomate wanted me to break my cherry back in 2008. I only played it when he was in raids and needed to piss or shit so i'd sit there and press the commands he told me to.

is there anything to offer to people who dont like to play with others? anything to do solo?
>>
>>317924232
Yeah nah, hunt is the strongest in majority fights and in any addless fight affli lock dwarfs everyone in damage.
>>
>>317924451
there are 10,000+ quests through dozens of wildly different zones some of the storylines take place over several zones

at level 100 you can see older raid content up to the cataclysm expac and dungeons up to mists, all solo

You can do LFR for all the newer raids which is technically solo since you will probably be the only one there with a working brain
>>
>>317924451
It's a perfectly fine game if you just want to dick around for a bit. It's currently on sale for $7 for the base game + 1 month of playtime, and another $12 for the current expansion. There's really not drawback if all you want to do is fuck around with something new.

Complaints about WoW are mostly from the high-end PvE players who want to be challenged, but Blizzard keeps fucking over as a consequence of their focus on casual players, and because Blizzards production cycle is notoriously inefficient.
>>
>>317924702
So I can just play solo? I don't need to be in a guild or anything unless raiding right?

>>317925067
Isn't it free til a certain level? I want to kind of see if I'm willing to play it before buying subscriptions.

should i bother playing it or am i better off just reading about the lore? are there books to cover the lore of war craft better than the games?
>>
>>317925240
It's free up until level 20. You can play for an unlimited time at level 20, but there's really not much to do around there.

As for playing solo, it's an MMO. If you want to play solo, you're looking at the wrong genre.
>>
>>317923791

IT'S NOT MAN FACE!

It's meth face.
>>
>>317925240
You can play solo up to end game content. You can't do current dungeons or raids and few daily quests solo. But thats about it.
>>
>>317925353
I kinda figure I was looking at the wrong genre, I just thought maybe after so many years they'd have stuff for the casual person to experience without worrying about raiding or other stuff

>>317925449
wait, if people can play the game til the end game content, why the hell does everyone worry about loot so damn much? PvE? PvP? I feel like I'm missing something here.
>>
>>317925585
>wait, if people can play the game til the end game content, why the hell does everyone worry about loot so damn much? PvE? PvP? I feel like I'm missing something here.

WoW does not start until endgame. Leveling before that is literally your tutorial. You get a free boost for one character to 10 levels below level cap with every expansion.
>>
>>317925732
>WoW does not start until endgame

elaborate, you're losing me here. the game doesn't start until the ending of the game?
>>
>>317925585
I say try it. It's really fucking cheap right now, you don't even have to buy WoD, just buy base game and try it. If you like it, buy the xpac or wait for Legion since every time new xpac comes out, the old one is included in the base game and therefore is free.

>>317925875
you reach the "serious" content after you hit the level cap
>>
>>317925971
Alright, I'll take your advice. Thanks.
>>
I think personally the Val'kyr are really wasted, they are kind of used by blizzards writers like the Dragonballs are; whenever Sylvannas dies she just has one of her immortal minions revive her.

Would have been neat to see them kind of like the shadowy advisors to Sylvannas; slowly infiltrating the forsaken and trying to influence them for their own gain. Instead they are one hundred percent loyal bitches who have no reason to side with or waste their lives protecting Sylvannas when Sylvannas is giving them nothing in return.

In Legion they are going to be all but gone; what the hell happened to them? Did Sylvannas have to use one to revive herself every time a group of pvpers raided undercity for that fucking bear?

Come on Metzen
>>
>>317915021

>WoW formula never changes

Correct sentiment in a wrong direction.

WoW formula:

TBC bad, Lich King good, Cataclysm bad, Panda good, WoD bad.

We're due for a good one this time.
>>
>>317926340
Dude, there will be Val'kyr lore in Legion.
>>
>>317903041

I will ship Anduin with Li Li Stormstout.
>>
File: 1410681607377.jpg (30 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1410681607377.jpg
30 KB, 680x680
>>317926373
>TBC bad
>>
>>317926096
You're welcome.
>>
>>317926458
It fucked up the story pretty good, but it was a decent expansion gameplay wise.
>>
File: Pessimistic Pepe.jpg (28 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
Pessimistic Pepe.jpg
28 KB, 600x538
>>317926405
Yeah, ODYN the Titanic Keeper

Please kill me now
>>
>>317926458

>most classes still broken and shit from Vanilla
>PvP the worst it ever was
>raiding a complete joke
>every raid was a hot mess besides Black Temple

TBC faggots will defend this.
>>
>>317926550
>Thorim
>Loken

They did this since Wotlk at least
>>
>>317926669
>tyr's hand
>silver hand
Titan keepers have been norse gods since wc2 at least.
>>
>>317925067
>Complaints about WoW are mostly from the high-end PvE players

Actually, I find most of the complaints coming from high-end PvP players, and mid-tier PvE players.

You know, those people who don't even try to do Mythic because Heroic was too easy for them.

Mannoroth and Archimonde on Mythic are both really good, challenging fights. Challenge Modes are also very challenging, and a lot of fun when you're competing with another team on your server for the realm best times.
>>
>>317905283
You forget that you also need to e able to equip the weapon type.

Can't have a Paladin swinging a staff around, for example.
>>
>>317927530
I don't think the titanic watchers were a thing that early. Seems like they just went with it later.
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 225x225
>>317910942
>tfw Alestorm
>>
>>317927803
SO COME TAKE A DRINK
>>
What info do we have on melee hunters? Might start playing again just for this.
>>
>>317914754
>this is what finally kills wow and transforms it into a D3 zombie
>>
>>317927875
AND DROWN YOUR SORROWS
>>
>>317925067
Most of the PvE content is pretty difficult though. the playerbase complains because there isn't any good content after you have raided.

LFR and normal doesn't count as legit raiding
>>
>>317911875
Icecream? I love Icecream!
>>
>>317928267
AND ALL OF OUR FEARS WILL BE GONE TILL TOMORROW
>>
File: 0741.png (46 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
0741.png
46 KB, 256x256
>>317903041

>WoW
>Lore
>>
>>317923650
Don't be surprised. They already went for the deviantart fanfiction audience already in Legacy of the Void. Only natural that their other games would do the same.
>>
>>317923650
Yes. Legion is just a big mess of everything fans wanted. A literal fanservice expansion.

Demon Hunters, the burning legion, legendaries being easier to get, gnome hunters, Sylvannas being warchief, Genn doing fucking SOMETHING, Thrall dying, the player being "super important instead of some dumb mook", meme specs like melee survival hunter, petless archer hunter, and pirate rogue.

All that dumb shit. Were Shaman specs shown? Is Enhance a tank? Did Shaman get a 4th tank spec? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>317928812
>blizzard is shit i want this and this
>holy shit retarded blizzard actually gave me what i wanted? fuck blizzard seriously
>>
>>317903041
>Trollbama gone
Great. Sylvanas is love.
>>
>>317927875
>>317928267
>>317928447
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWViNX-KcfY
Such a shame that their new album is utter shit.
>>
>>317929123
The Dark Lady is life.
>>
File: 1332954099650.jpg (51 KB, 554x855) Image search: [Google]
1332954099650.jpg
51 KB, 554x855
>>317926515
>Blizzard
>story
>Legion cinematic
>>
>>317929261
Blizzard has a lot of bullshit and bad writing but I like Warcraft lore and story nonetheless
Legion cinematic sucked dick, but how is that relevant? Did you respond to correct post?
>>
File: 1448452224824.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448452224824.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>317904439
>>Many are extremely lore important weapons, and everyone has them.
Name extremely lore important weapons other than Doomhammer and Ashbringer.
>>
>>317929341
Felo'melorn
DK swords are made from Frostmourne
>>
>>317923650
>a bunch of warlock abilities
>fuck you warlocks, demon hunters have the stuff you had literally last month
I'm pretty sure it's only Metamorphosis, and that was a demon hunter ability in the first place. And it's good that they're taking that shit away because it's fucking stupid and one of the major reasons I haven't touched Demonology in a long time.
>>
>>317929341
>Name extremely lore important weapons other than the extremely lore important weapons

Just Doomhammer and Ashbringer is enough to be a problem.
>>
>>317928517
>>317929261

Is there a joke I'm missing?
>>
>>317903041
meme
>>
>>317923387
Because we're not on Redit, Anon.
>>
File: 1424076686765.jpg (10 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1424076686765.jpg
10 KB, 320x287
>>317929341
Frostmourne?
Felo'melorn?
Alleria's bow?
The fucking scepter of Sargeras?
Deathwing's fucking jaw?
You might be retarded, son.
>>
>>317910137
every strength melee in my guild had shadowmourne

every rogue had the daggers in dragon soul

EVERY caster and even some healers had the firelands staff

anyone who didnt use the legendary would use the one weapon that was best / viable, like every melee using sulfuras from firelands rag, or every healer using the deathwing mace

seriously, fuck off with this "muh lore weapons are being used by everyone". every spec has its own weapon and 5+ skins and different colours for each skin
>>
>>317922027
What part of "well honey men like to see women" is so hard to explain?
>>
>>317929341
Doomhammer, Ashbringer, Gorehowl, Warglaives of Azzinoth, Frostmourne, [Dirge]
>>
>>317922027
>>317922594
What double standard cunts, I suppose it's no surprise that they have no integrity left anyway.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_112615_040423.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_112615_040423.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>Resubbed for a month because I bought Legion and wanted to boost a Shaman
>Boost Tauren Shaman
>Change my Tauren Paladin into a Dwarf Paladin
>Not sure what to change my Worgen Hunter into
>>
>sylvanass warchieft
if this doesn't end with the whole horde being killed so everyone is a forsaken , i'll be disappointed
not that i'm not disappointed already anyway
>>
Good:
>Transmog wardrobe
>Some interesting class changes
>DHs might be fun for a while
>Artifact system might be okay

Bad:
>Still all the same shit design that's been killing the game for years now e.g. raid dicksucking, old content obsolescence, queues for everything, the cash shop, bi-yearly content updates, lore corpse rape

I expect disappointment.
>>
>>317929692
>because they are immortal beings of demigod power that literally choose any image they want as their physical form (for aspects)
>because it's traditional clothing in their culture (for elves)

he fucking wrote the story, how can he be so retarded?
>>
>>317926373
>Lich King good
>Panda good

lol
>>
>>317929954
i wonder how collecting tiers will work
i mean especially tiers after normal>heroic having different colors and LFR/normal/heroic/mythic different colors
will they be account wide?
>>
>>317929594

>Felo'melorn?
>Alleria's bow?
>The fucking scepter of Sargeras?
>Deathwing's fucking jaw?

literally who?
>>
>>317930089
>MoP not good
holy shit kill yourself

>inb4 le meme panda meme race meme asians meme
>>
>>317929628
>shadowmourne
>dragon soul
>firelands staff
Those are pretty bad, too, but those aren't given to LITERALLY everyone who does a few introduction quests.

>every spec has its own weapon and 5+ skins and different colours for each skin
They're the same fucking weapon. It's still THE ashbringer. It's still THE Doomhammer. They're all still supposed to be these super important weapons from lore. This point doesn't even make it better, either, because now we get to watch Doomhammer and the Ashbringer raped by the current art team's aesthetic. Great. At least most people will probably just end up transmogging them to something else, so I can at least sorta pretend we're not all the same special fucking snowflake.
>>
>>317930142
you should at least know about Felo'melorn you fucking faggot
>>
>>317930150

>>inb4 le meme panda meme race meme asians meme

That's all you can say isn't it
>>
>>317930150
MoP had
>By FAR the worst 5 mans ever introduced
>An absolutely terrible theme that literally nobody except a vocal minority of furries (ie Metzen) wanted
>A shit tier opening raid

It turned most people off before it got a chance to showcase the good parts.
>>
>>317930142
Here's your (You)
>>
>>317904439
The idea of endgame talent progression through gear "talents" is interesting, but they're implementing it in such a stupid, annoying way.

At what point did MMOs change from having players being only a small part of something larger, into sucking them all off as the big-time lore heroes who get mad pussy and have to pretend that other people don't play the game?

Everyone being the leader of their class and having some fabled one-of-a-kind weapon is retarded, no matter how you slice it. I'm supposed to just ignore that? In the acronym "MMORPG", WoW only fulfills about 2 of those letters now.
>>
>>317930202

If it came after The Frozen Throne it's trash and I don't care about it

>durr it's kael's sword

Kael didn't have a sword you nigger
>>
>>317930142
>guy gives great examples of lore weapons like you asked
>lmao literally who? xD

fuck off, and fuck you
>>
>>317930391
>uy gives great examples of lore weapons like you asked

He can't even name them lol

They're not very good examples
>>
>>317930319
>give me examples
>gives example
>lol I don't care faggot I'm still right
>>
File: 1445023144184.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1445023144184.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>317930319
>Kael didn't have a sword you nigger
>>
>>317903041

>Anduin is king

NO

NO

NO

NO

HOW THE FUCK DID BLIZZARD GET IT INTO THEIR HEADS THAT ANYONE AT ALL LIKES THIS SPERGY LITTLE FUCK?!
>>
>>317930526

Show me an ingame picture of Kael'thas with a sword

I'll wait

>>317930502

Yeah, surprisingly not all answers are correct. Weird innit?
>>
>>317930612
>give legit example
>LOL IT WASNT INTHE GAMES ONLY IN BOOKS THEREFOR ITSNOT CANON LMAO
>>
>>317930710
>>give legit example

hahaha

just because you call it legit doesn't make it so
>>
>>317930710
>Responding when it's obvious he's trying to pretend he was baiting all along
>>
>>317930612
>only the things I like are canon
that's not how it works you faggot, do you also go around saying that prequels aren't canon?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.