[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>diamond city hates synths and the citizens are suspicious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 578x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 578x560
>diamond city hates synths and the citizens are suspicious of even normal looking citizens
>don't even blink an eye at this guy

Why.
>>
they're afraid of people replacing people they know
afraid of fake humans
this dude doesn't even try to hide that he is a synth
>>
>>317842185
2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>317842185
Play the game nigga
>>
It's like that old fat southern guy who says he hates black people but has a black neighbour he's known for years so he says "Oh Tom? No he's one of the good ones."
>>
>This fucking faggot didn't even read the newspaper
Poeople probabaly wouldn't have issues with synth if they were just robots, instead of them replacing humans and being commanded by the Institute.
>>
>>317842185
you can even fucking ask nick why no one bats an eye. He saved the mayors daughter
>>
If they were truly so xenophobic about synths i rarely doubt people would expect him to NOT have an agenda.
How did no one call into question him being the ONLY synth to be nice? Hidden in plain sight
>>
>>317842185
People in Diamond City are suspicious though.
Some say they should have kicked him out years ago and some say he's a good guy and should stay.

They're suspicious of snyths that look like people, not snyths that look like robots.
>>
>You can't equip him with the Silver Shroud outfit
So fucking mad when I found out
>>
Maybe if you actually played the game, kept Nick with you as a partner, and listened to what he had to say about his past you'd know exactly why they allow him.

Long story short, he saved the previous Mayor's daughter from raiders. And then he continued to solve problems for the citizens time and time again.
>>
Is this a hot new meme now or something?

Fallout 4 is one of the worst written pieces of shit ever but they literally explain the whole Nick thing
>>
File: ScreenShot97.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot97.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>317842185
1. Nick never tried to hide the fact he was a Synth
2. He saved the Mayors daughter.
3. Because he saved the Mayors daughter, people came to him to solve their problems

He earned his keep
>>
>>317842185
He saved the mayors daughter.

Regardless, people in the town will comment for you to keep him away from them. He's just not as human looking, so the hate isn't as concrete.
>>
>>317842185

He literally explains it when you talk to him. More so, he does more explaining if you have him as a companion and you do stuff that he likes. He turns up as admiring you and you get to ask more of his backstory
>>
>>317842961
Indeed.

What I want to know is how did the gangsters get into Vault 114 (I think)? Is that explained? I kinda rushed through there.
>>
>>317842185
Cause overall hes a super bro and has none of the characteristics that makes people hate synths, most notable,he isn't someone who was kidnaped and turned into a machine, he's just a machine that happens to be chill as fuck.
>>
Synths are indistinguishable from real people, so they never realized he was a synthetic human.
>>
>>317843239
It was under construction, I don't thong it was ever fully functional.

It never directly states it, but I'm bettering they shut the vault door from the inside.

Then again, when you first walk-in there's a enemy who says something like "I hate the sound that door makes, is that you Bob" or some shit. Who fucking knows.
>>
>>317843239
I got the impression the vault wasn't finished in time when the bombs hit and so was never used.
>>
Fallout 4 threads constantly prove /v/ were the real casuals all along.
>>
>>317842185
He explains his story later on as a companion. He saved the mayors daughter, and since then became a detective and people accepted him

What I don't get is the fact nobody from the Brotherhood of steel bats an eyelid at the fact i have a synth with me speaking to their top commander elder.
>>
The explanation is that he saved the old mayor's daughter and unlike gen 3 synths, he doesn't hide his true identity. Doesn't mean shit though, with the city being as paranoid about synths as they were they definitely would have destroyed him out of fear that the institute was spying on them through him.
>>
File: 431289412340.png (128 KB, 354x339) Image search: [Google]
431289412340.png
128 KB, 354x339
>Bunker Hill battle
>Brotherhood killed basically everyone in the basement
>pickpocket a knight's fusion core
>he gets a new one every time I do it
holy fuck
>>
>>317842185
He saved the Mayors daughter
>>
>>317843615
Anon, Maxson himself told me once he seriously doubted my judgement running around with that....thing.

I thought it was pretty neat.
>>
>>317843615
in my headcanon it's because you're respected enough that they won't question your companions.

But i know it's because bethesda are lazy hacks.
>>
File: 1448389351678.jpg (2 MB, 1609x3554) Image search: [Google]
1448389351678.jpg
2 MB, 1609x3554
>>317842185
>>
>>317842427
One of the security guard basically says this exact same thing.
>>
>>317843724
>Bunker Hill battle
>Inform Railroad that my kids being fucking crazy again
>Show up and for some reason brotherhood is there too.
>No one aggros me, everyone kills each other
>Get top tier railroad armor and a fucking gauss rifle
I really like this game sometimes.
>>
If I recall. Isn't Valentine technically someone who was replaced by a Snyth? I recall reading terminals that talked about him, not sure if it was pre-war or after. I'm wanting to say after, if so, did the institute use this old detective as the basis for the new Valentine?
>>
>>317842185
He's been there for quite some time
>>
>>317845227
yeah the human valentine was pre-war
>>
>>317845227
*I'm wanting to say pre-war not after
>>
>>317845227
He was a pre-war detective who signed up for some brain experiment.

His personal questions is taking down a pre-war criminal that killed human Nicks girl and then ghoulified himself.
>>
>>317842185

Read the manga
>>
>>317845741
Gotcha, havn't gotten to him as a companion yet, good to know, thanks.
>>
>>317842384
Other than being a special snowflake, the game does nothing to tell us why everyone loves Nick, except that Nick is a detective, and is Nick.

He's my second favorite companion, but come'on.
>>
>>317845836
Get him man, him and Cait are top tier companions.

Those two and Danse were the reason my loyal Brotherhood knight ended up joining the railroad.
>>
>>317846031
He saves people?
>>
>>317846031
did you play the game
he explains why people like him repeatedly
>>
>>317846031
Read the thread you retard. Several people have already pointed out why he's accepted, and that not everyone accepts him.
>>
>>317846124
>Be only open synth in town
>synths still come by and steal people
>CAN'T BE NICK, HE'S THE DETECTIVE
There's little to no logic, that's all. People are to blinded by fear and hate over this that they'll pal around with someone and when they find out he's a synth, they try to kill him instead of letting him run to safety. Someone murders his cousin in public because he is too over come with fear about his normal acting relative.

But Nick is okay, he saved the Mayor's daughter, and solves crimes!
>>
People fear Synths because they're agents of the Institute, sent to covertly disappear and replace loved ones. Nick find missing people and plainly looks like a robot, making him pretty much above suspicion on both counts.

Some people are indeed bothered by him though, walking past NPCs in Diamond City with Nick occasionally elicits a hostile response.
>>
>>317846165
>>317846190
And those are awful reasons, you fucking mongols. Do you like eating shit daily?
>>
File: Danse.jpg (68 KB, 609x415) Image search: [Google]
Danse.jpg
68 KB, 609x415
The real problem.
>Says all synths and super mutants must be killed.
>Has no problem staying in a town with Nick or Strong
>>
>>317846384
Anon, he's been in the town for at least ten years, based on him seeing Kellog and robo-Shaun.

When a crime happens in the neighborhood, your first thought isn't your black neighbor who's been a contributing member of the neighborhood for ten plus years.
>>
>>317842185
Man I can't wait for the multiple companions mod. I'm not a huge fan of the game overall, but Bethesda really stepped up their companion game.
>>
ba-thes-da
>>
>>317846556
But this isn't normal crime. It's a literal body snatcher scenario.
>>
>>317846087
I got Cait, she's top notch. I honestly like Strong, if not just for his super sledgeing everyone
>>
File: image.png (101 KB, 350x201) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101 KB, 350x201
>>317846672
>Bethesda really stepped up their companion game
>>
>>317846742
That no one can even confirm. All the regular joes of the Commonwealth know is people have been disappearing, and its probably the institute.

A lot of the town does not trust nick, plenty of NPCs tell you to keep him away from them. If we want to get real nitpicky here, we could just say the synth mayor pulled strings in order to let him stay.
>>
>>317846497
>Is a synth
>>
>>317846964
Compare it to skyrim
>>
>>317847204
Speaking of, how much fucking good karma does his questline need?

I want him to be my inspiration for leaving the brotherhood, but I'm running out of shit to do here.
>>
>>317847006
mayor was different when nick showed up
>>
>>317842185
>synths are completely indistinguishable from human beings in fallout 3
>in fallout 4 they're obvious robots

Why.
>>
>>317847404
Just abuse quicksave shit to get him to love you. Repeatedly killing Dogmeat made Curie and Cait so wet for me, I assume Danse has something similarly mundane that he approves of.
>>
>>317847428
And that mayor owed him a shit load for saving his daughter.

You can do a lot if two mayors are pulling strings for you.
>>
>>317842295

But they're also afraid of people just snapping and killing others. And he could do just that. It's really silly and it took me straight out of the immersion. Being greeted by Piper, the mayor, the newspaper and all people saying things about Synths and then bam, Nick Valentine, Synthective.
>>
>>317847574
some synths are organic. harkness and armitage were the organic kind, the gen 3s
>>
>>317847590
I know he likes when I get in my power armor and loves when I modify my armor.

How would I abuse that?
>>
>>317847574
4 definitely has human looking synths, what are you on
>>
>>317844258
>War never changes because people never change

But they do. Through the roads they walk
>>
>>317847590
Getting power armor gets him wet
>>
>>317847783
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quick load
Get in power armour
get out
Quicksave
Quickload
Get in Power Armour
Talk to him for his quest.
>>
>>317847404
>>317847590
His affection has an artificial level(no pun intended), you can't finish it until you've gotten far enough in the BoS storyline, namely the part where you get Liberty Prime's nukes.
>>
Not everyone likes him. Many people fucking hate him and will tell you straight up he's a dirty fucking synth
>>
>>317846489
>not knowing what is roleplaying
Just fuck off shitposter
>>
>>317847813
That's a person changing.

People never change.
>>
>>317847574
>wandering in F4
>hear a guy crying for help
>it's some NPC pointing his gun to another NPC who looks exactly like the first NPC
>HE'S A SYNTH
>NO HE'S A SYNTH
>I try to calm the situation
>the Synth goes bananas and tries to kill both of us
>kill the Synth
Nope, fuck the Synths.
>>
There's a shoddy excuse buried in Nick's personal dialogue you'll only see much later

Basically the same thing wrong with the rest of the game - Bethesda fucked the dialogue with the new wheel so any exposition is hidden under a mountain of stupid requirements
>>
>>317842185
>not knowing that the mayor is a synth
>>
>>317847947
I fucking knew it would be some shit like that.

I guess I'll just headcanon that the Brotherhood needed me to infiltrate the railroad in order to find the institute, but then Danse happened.
>>
>>317847937
Oh you can scum their approval with save/loading?
>>
File: ScreenShot80.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot80.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>people actually saved him
>>
correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the brotherhood have a self aware computer with emotions in San Fransisco?
>>
>>317848334
Yeah
For the girls, get them all in a small settlement
Use the bell
Have Dogmeat as a companion
Shoot dogmeat repeatedly
Stimpack him back up
CAIT LIKED THAT
CURIE LIKED THAT
PIPER LIKED THAT
Quicksave
Quickload
Shoot Dogmeat repeatedly
Stimpack him back up.
CAIT LIKED THAT
CURIE LIKED THAT
PIPER LIKE THAT
CURIE ADORES YOU
>>
>>317846031
>>317846489
>get there
>nobody likes him
>they make him do shitty manual labor all day every day because they don't trust him with anything important
>one day he winds up helping the mayor find his kid or some shit
>the town still doesn't like him much but the mayor does
>people start getting him to find shit for them sometimes instead of making him do nothing but manual labor
>more people like him and eventually he's too busy finding shit for people that he has no time left for manual labor
>positive feedback loops into itself until people like him and he doesn't have to do manual labor anymore
>>
>>317847590
How do you abuse killing dogmeat? What do I have to do exactly?
>>
>>317847614
If you actually get to know nick he tells you why he was allwoed in the city. basically because the mayor told every to fucking deal with it because nick saved his daughter out of the goodness of his heart, unware of who she was
>>
>>317848492
>he uses a knife
fuck maxson honestly
>>
>>317848675

Do this
>>317848585
Make sure to have the dog as your actual companion, otherwise all the settlers go hostile.
>>
>>317847614
>it took me straight out of the immersion.
did you not communicate with people at all. with nick? he explains when he first got there it was a super hard time. everyone gave him shit, but a lot of time has passed since then and he has helped the people of the town a ton and because of how much he has helped they show him respect as much as they can. especially since he has been there for a long time and killed no one.
he earned the respect which you would have known if you payed attention while playing instead of 4channing on the side.
stupid fucking active channers
>>
>>317848701

I got to know him well enough I was in an elevator all alone because Nick forgot to get on and it got dark and suddenly his eyes appeared right in front of me Jesus Christ Nick, just say something like "Oi mate, I'll pop up right in front of you in a second" or something
>>
>>317843605
This desu

>WAAAAAH WHY ISN'T THIS THING EXPLAINED?
>no of course I didn't ask the question that explains it

>WAAAAAH WHY ARE ALL THE ENEMIES BULLET SPONGES
>no I didn't mod my guns or take any perks that improve my damage
>>
>>317846497
I can forgive this one. While it would be a nice detail for him to refuse to work with Nick/Strong, it would also be fucking annoying.

I don't think the trade off is worth it. This is still a video game after all, details shouldn't come at the sacrifice of gameplay.
>>
File: 1448427547537.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
1448427547537.png
671 KB, 575x803
>>317842185

Play the fucking game. Reasons are given, albeit shitty ones. Bethesda game after all.
>>
>>317843019

He also arrived before the synths started replacing people
>>
>>317849053
>I got to know him well enough
gee golly. well enough you say...
>>
>>317848701
And some citizens also comment on how they don't want Nick Valentine in the city.
OP just didn't play enough, probably saw what he thought was attention worthy and ran to make a thread kek.
>>
>>317848492
Wait is Danse a synth?

IS EVERYBODY A FUCKING SYNTH? WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>317849025

How does that ever make him not a threat though? The dude at the bar was a nice chum and suddenly he snapped and killed dudes. But noooo, Nick says how difficult it was for him to become accepted and that he's totally considered "trash" by the Institute, why ever would they maybe have added some protocol to his brain that makes him kill everything
>>
>>317849291
Piper's sister is a Synth too.
>>
>>317849297
>why ever would they maybe have added some protocol to his brain that makes him kill everything
im sure the people are always in a state of fear for the worst and unexpected to happen bub. it aint like they livin in privilege.
>>
>>317849145
on survival enemies are bullet sponges though, you do like .25 of the normal damage or some shit
normal is alright and i hear theres a mod that keeps the high enemy damage but puts you at 1x damage on survival so it makes it less of a pain
>>
>>317842185
>I didn't play enough to have him drone on about his origins in Diamond City every 5 minutes
Why don't you actually play the game, faggot?
>>
>be normal woman living normal life
>be in cryo
>wake up
>feel like nukes dropped yesterday
>go outside
>kill bandit with pistol
>don't panic at all after killing another human first time in life
>>
>>317849585
the male was military. the female was a lawyer...i wonder why they dont care...
>>
The whole synth thing is just Blade Runner for retards.
>>
>>317842185
>another person trying to point out inconsistencies is wrong
Christ, there are so many actual plotholes in this game but you retards always point out ones that are literally explained to your fucking face.
>>
why are there synths in the wasteland anyways
didn't the institute want to keep them in the minimum from outside world
outside of the escaped ones there are a LOT of those gen 1 ones that just shoot you on sight
did they ever explain those?
if they are just some escaped ones too then coursers are pretty bad at their job
>>
>>317842185
>City that throws away ghouls after one incident of going feral
>Doesn't do shit about biggest fuss going on in the city

Sounds to me, like quality story telling.
>>
>>317849717
plus if something that i really cared about was taken like a loved one, i wouldnt grieve over having to kill some dirty looking douche that was trying to kill me
>>
>>317849717
The military guy probably wouldn't have a problem

But a lawyer? And a woman? And a goddamn mother? No fucking way she wouldn't have problems killing someone.
>>
>>317848776
Gotcha, thanks. Anyone else I can save scum into admiration?
>>
>>317849585

This is one thing I cant get over.
The guy was in the army so makes sense for him knowing guns and such, but the woman was a lawyer, comes out of the vault and just adapts like tuesday changed to wednesday.
>>
>>317849949
>No fucking way she wouldn't have problems killing someone.
apparently you don't see the dead eyes when looking at the female like we do.

also
>>317849891
>>
>>317848585
I killed Dogmeat
Thanks Anon
>>
>>317849949
>And a goddamn mother
take a mothers kid and tell me she wouldnt kill someone to get it back
>>
>>317849291
Some real Battlestar Galactica Cylonphobia. My friend keeps fucking with me telling people are and aren't synths.
>>
>>317842185
He tells you himself that he saved the daughter of the mayor and was allowed to stay, people then eventually over the years stopped being scared of him.
>>
File: 1448481676097.jpg (77 KB, 327x465) Image search: [Google]
1448481676097.jpg
77 KB, 327x465
>>317850116
oh u
>>
>>317846497
I would actually applaud Bethesda if you could come back to your settlement and find Nick/Strong dead and Danse explaining that they had to go.

Then I would reload my save from two hours back and curse.
>>
>>317849949
really there is so little exposition given to the protag that it just seems jarring. it's like they don't care and they're like hey take this power armor and fight a deathclaw! Fuck, at least have garvey go on about what has changed about the world and have the protag freak out at all of the changes
>>
>>317850052

Shut up moron.
>>
>>317850116
Wait, you can kill it?
>>
>>317848701
This from the same man who told his own brother to fuck off and deal with it when he forcefully evicted every single ghoul from the city to get people's votes.
Really well written character, there.
>>
>>317850548
>it
>>
File: bicep.jpg (45 KB, 600x973) Image search: [Google]
bicep.jpg
45 KB, 600x973
>>317850165

No that is not a good excuse. Stop it.

>>317850375

the game was designed for a male lead which is why playing the mom makes zero sense

bethesda everyone
>>
>>317850586
Still wrong

Nicks a synth, an old one. It was the mayor before him. hes tolerated now because unlike the guards nicks actually willing to investigate the missing people
>>
>>317850586
>This is from the same man
Mayors can change, anon.
>>
File: mama-bear.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mama-bear.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>317849949
Honestly the whole SHAUN! thing only really works if you're playing his mother.
>>
>>317848492
Woah they put in an actual isis style execution?
>>
>>317850204
NPC's in diamond city sometimes state that they still don't trust him.
>>
>>317850774
even for a male protag there's still very little exposition. the pacing is just all sorts of fucked at the start
>>
>>317849503
I can still one shot legendary enemies with an upgraded shotgun crit to the face.

The entire reason for the difficulty settings is that you need to try and actually optimize the character.
Normal mode is so you can easily kill everything in the giant shitty sandbox.
>>
>>317850548
yes just like in skyrim enemies cant deal the finishing blow but you can
>>
>>317850774
That same male lead narrates the opening.
They, they sacrificed all for the sake of what? Cinematic shit?
>>
>>317850774
Piper actually loses her shit the first time you make her kill anyone. However...

>Saw the end of the world
>Got frozen in a cryo tube which has god knows what side effects.
>Watched her husband die right before her eyes
>Watched her kid get taken while she could do literally nothing to stop it but bang and scream.
>First thing she is greeted by when she wakes up is a god damn graveyard of everyone she had ever known
>The second thing is dog sized rad roaches

I'd say there is enough damage there to push her to killing people just fine
>>
>>317846031
You're an idiot. At least try to pay attention to the dialogue if he was your favorite then you'd know because he says why he's accepted there. Fag Lord
>>
>>317842185
>bring synth or ghoul to brotherhood ship
>dont care
>bring brotherhood member to railroad
>dont care

also can someone explain why railroad wanted to destroy the institute aka killing thousands of synths just to save like 50?
>>
>>317851230
>also can someone explain why railroad wanted to destroy the institute aka killing thousands of synths just to save like 50?
Synths aren't alive, anon. They're robots. They have no ghost.
>>
>>317848725
>fuck maxson honestly
>implying he isn't the coolest motherfucker the Brotherhood has ever seen

>tfw you can romance him as a female and personally secure the Maxson dynasty's future
>>
>>317851230
They treat synths and people the same. They killed the synths that were fighting back just like they would any actual humans fighting back

What I want to know is why was the institute creating robots that desired freedom?
>>
>>317851651
>praising the man who gladly executes one of his best men, is utterly unconpromising and blows up the institute instead of salvaging the tech
>>
>Nick condones blowing up the institute
>Even though it essentially means the genocide of his entire "race"

anyone else find this weird?
>>
>>317851847
>Not praising the man who kills the terminator who posed as his best man and nukes the shit of the organization who killed said man.
>>
>>317851230
If you bring Nick to the BOS base, you hear constant comments like
>fuck you, you deserve to die, if you do anything I will destroy you.
Then Nick says something witty in response.
>>
>>317844548
>inform railroad but not BOS because I know the course gets suspicious if you do
>BOS show up anyway
>father still blame me for their presence
Fuck you I hated the institute anyway
>>
>>317842185
Because he saved the mayors daughter.
>>
>>317851941
He doesn't really identify with them. He's his own almost person.

Not every black person gives a fuck about Africa, why should every discarded synth care about the Institute?
>>
>>317848492
>maxson is also a synth
INHUMAN SKILLS
>>
>>317851847
>executes one of his best men
But anon, it wasn't his best man. He was an imposter that could have turned at any time and wouldn't even realize it because it's programming.
>>
>>317852164
>Not every black person gives a fuck about Africa, why should every discarded synth care about the Institute?
It's funny you say that.

Africans fucking hate American blacks and act nothing like them.
>>
>>317849763
i'm pretty pissed they didn't reference the turtle interview thing at least once
they passed on a lot of good source material actually, and instead of making the synths sinister they made it some faggot SJW bologna
>>
>>317852397
Synths are just niggers

>Underground Railroad
How very fucking clever
>>
>>317852397
>>317852658
>Niggers actually kill and remplace people

Woah.
>>
>>317852934
just like real life detroit. all the white people got replaced.
>>
why does the railroad destroy the institute? Surely they'd try and seize the facility to keep making new unique synths?
>>
File: saber oh no.png (98 KB, 393x328) Image search: [Google]
saber oh no.png
98 KB, 393x328
>>317852934
What if I'm actually a black person and I don't even know it?
>>
>>317853096
Say something only a white person would know.
>>
>>317853096
Are you, or have you ever been, black? Have you eaten copious amounts of fried chicken? Do you like watermelon? What is your opinion on grape soda?
>>
>>317853178
2+2 = 4
>>
>>317851847
He's obviously very upset about the whole situation, but he has to look out for his own and keep their ideology intact, especially after his retarded predecessor that fucked everything up. He can also be convinced to exile him and spare his "life", with a warning that he's now an enemy of the Brotherhood, which is fair.

> and blows up the institute instead of salvaging the tech
I haven't finished the story yet, but do they just destroy everything in there? I can understand getting rid of everything synth and FEV related, but destroying everything is just stupid.
>>
>>317852658
>>317852934
>>317853031
so that's why i sided with the institute
>>
>>317851020
They are still bullet sponges.
That is also a really bad way to implement difficulty.
That and infinite throwables.
>>
>>317842185
If he travels with you, he will talk to you out of the blue. In my case, it was right in the middle of a fight with a group of super mutants that he felt it was a good time to open up to me for a heart to heart talk.

Anyway, he showed up in DC back when their reaction to synths was at most "so... What are you?" At first he worked manual labor, but when he recovered a girl that was kidnapped by raiders, people started looking at him more favorably and hired him to look for missing people. He was good at that, and developed his private investigator personality as a result.
>>
>>317853276
They nuke the fuck out of it
>>
>>317848492
Post yfw Danse was replaced by a Synth after Fort Strong
>>
>>317853691
He only talk after enough approval rating which doesnt take long at all.
Quite stupid writing. Should've been an option to talk about with major characters in dc or with himself.
>>
>>317848492
goddamn he looks fine as hell
id rescue him if i could get him to pound my ass with his synthetic dick all day
>>
>>317842427
is there a name for this phenomenon?

I like to call it "Will Smith's alright though" syndrome
>>
>>317842961
Honestly, Fallout 4 is better written than the last 3 Bethesda games. Maybe not Oblivion but Skyrim and FO3 at the least. Skyrim has some of the worst writing I've seen in a video game ever.
>>
>>317846497
>no problem with Nick or Strong

He won't kill them, but he makes it clear that Strong/Nick *should* be vanquished if you companion them and send Danse elsewhere.
>>
the major is actually a synth and he's probably keeping an eye on Valentine
>>
>>317853604
They're really not though. Most mobs only take around 4-5 hits to kill with my laser rifle.
>>
File: 1433476328102.jpg (56 KB, 804x490) Image search: [Google]
1433476328102.jpg
56 KB, 804x490
>take Boone to the Hill
>he goes fucking crazy (understandably so) and starts shooting everything

>take Nick to the Prydwen
>"SYNTHS ARE HARAM, DEATH TO SYNTHS, THERE IS NO SAPIENT SPECIES BUT HUMANS AND MAXSON IS OUR PROPHET, oh hey nick :)"
>>
>>317854882
Institute doesnt care about Valentine.
Mayor is just one of their agents keeping the population in check. Most of the city likes him. Random npcs will thank him for something he did.
>>
>>317849949
Yeah, seriously, why couldn't she just have been military, too?
>>
>>317854882
Sturges is a synth, though it's never mentioned in dialogue, he drops synth components if killed.

He's keeping an eye on you.
>>
>>317843427
>>317843595
You actually find a bunch of tapes and files that prove it was an actual working vault, the purpose was to take really rich upper class people and give them the bare minimum living conditions and small rooms, with the tapes being interviews for an Overseer with anti-government sentimentalities and low moral fiber.
The test was to see how psychologically rich snobs would deal with the pressure of losing a comfortable high life while under the direct command of a criminal mind.
>>
>>317855267
>>317849949
Military dudes teaching their wives to handle a gun is pretty common
>>
>working for the railroad
>"hurr hurr hey I'm your son, join my institute"
>say no because why the fuck would I join them
>for some reason, this locks you out of finishing the railroad

but why
>>
>>317854464
its called an uncle tom
>>
>>317844548

Which companions have a quest? I know Curie does and Cait does, I thought Minuteman-man might have one related to Quincy but I took him there and cleared it and nothing bar some unique "I remember this place before the attack" lines.
>>
>>317855267
My headcanon is that the militaryfag is whoever you choose as the MC.

>headcanon

I know. I usually feel the same way. Just this once, though. it's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>317855469
no uncle tom is what SJWs and hood thugs call regular black people to feel better about themselves

I'm talking about a name for white racists who inexplicably have a close black friend
>>
>>317855469
Uncle Tom is what they call a black man who "acts white" AKA doesn't burn his own city down or participate in BLM marches.
>>
>>317855305
Preston is a synth too, you can find two Prestons. After some time Preston gets replaced.
>>
>>317855342
when and how did he teach her to pilot power armor and cook stimpak tho?
>>
>>317855563
Sure, that works.
>>
>>317855205
nick doesnt hate humans or the brotherhood in the way boone hated the legion
>>
File: 1002337.png (718 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
1002337.png
718 KB, 970x726
>find some random guy holding someone who looks and sounds exactly like them hostage.
The writers of the game wanted to make you wonder "which one is the real one?" but they did a poor job. If the doppelganger's objective is to kill their real counterpart and take their place, why would they hold the real one hostage?
They wouldn't. They would immediately kill and dispose of the original. They would get it over with as quickly as possible to minimize the risk of being caught. The only one of the pair that would hold the other hostage is the original. Maybe confusion about "shooting themselves". Maybe to prove that the synths are real. The original is the only one who could possibly have any kind of motivation to keep the other alive.

Anyone who got confused by this is literally an idiot.
>>
>>317842185
Literally explained within minutes of finding it out. He saved the Mayors daughter, got given a flat to massive protests, then turned out to be an immensely talented handyman and detective. Why WOULD they be afraid of an openly anti-institute synth, their fear is Gen 3 synths. He says Gen 1 synths are ferals and Gen 3 Synths are invaders whereas he's just some prototype.
>>
>>317842961
Pretending to be confused and making shit up is the hotest dank meme regarding Fallout 4.

Someday I'll make a thread asking why the tribe in Fallout 2 worship the vault suit or that it's retarded that your tribe betrays you and cooperate with the Enclave.
>>
>>317852040
>>317852260
Sure, I can agree with the Danse thing. But don't you tell me for a second that nuking the institute wasn't the most retarded thing he's ever done. Fuck, I left them so quickly after that ingram's head was spinning. Dropped their shitty jetpack upgrade and sprinted back to the Minutemen to fortify against their stupid asses. Maxson tries anything, artillery's gonna knock their blimp out of the sky
>>
>>317855821
Anon no he meant the Brotherhood not immediately trying to scrap Nick.
>>
>>317856261
oh yeah that shit is lame
at least have like a small scene where they detail nick or strong before letting them walk around freely or somthing
>>
>>317853604
that one mod is pretty cool though. Really gotta watch your positioning and only go running out in the open if you're in Power Armor
>>
>>317855458
Because you should have been playing the role of a double agent, now you fucked up any chance to get to them trusting you.

What you say actual have consequences here.
>>
Is there a bug with some weapons not showing up in the workshop menu? I got all sorts of different laser muskets in my inventory, but none of them show up in the weapons bench.
>>
>>317856401
But it's a Bethesda game I didn't expect having any consequences.
>>
>>317855821

That's not the point he was making. The point is that brotherhood hates everything that's not human, or is at least incredibly suspicious about it.

Hell, you can even bring Strong along for a stroll in the airship and they're just gonna greet you like it's nothing even though they are sworn to destroy every super mutant.

It's fucking retarded how they handled that.
>>
>>317855205
>>317855821

Because you can keep those on a short lease.
Fun facts, bringing X6 to the Railroad will make them immediate, and forever, hostile.
>>
>>317856527
Well you fucked up son.
>>
>>317855846
>The writers of the game wanted to make you wonder "Which on is the real one?"
No they didn't fuckwit, you were meant to know which is which. That's why you can tell the human to kill the synth and not do anything to help the synth without going out of your way.
>>
>>317856641
Fucking Bethesda lulling me into a false sense of security with low expectations.
>>
File: curie fags must die.jpg (81 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
curie fags must die.jpg
81 KB, 498x558
>>317842185
>>
>>317856907
Does Curie even really count as a synth though? I mean, she has a synth body but her mind and AI is all medical knowl--oh wait, this is the brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87US9AXNMME
>>
>>317855846
no, the original would want to kill the synth right away and be done with it. Not like they can prove anything without poking inside the synth.
it's also a post apoc world where every guys with a guns approaching you have 80% chance of shooting you. do you want 2 guys to shoot at you?
The Synth would like to keep the original alive long enough just to fool others or lack of understanding how wastelanders interact.
But the whole situation is stupid. Institue can casually replace your settler and make new people who is suave enough to be the mayor od a paranoid city. Replacing some wastelander is just teleporting into their bedroom at night with the replacement and a courser.
>>
>>317846031

While I think Fallout 4 is shit and a let down, you're fucking lying or haven't progressed far enough with Nick.

Or just a retard.
>>
>>317856907
Is the BoS basically Spess Muhrines?

PURGE THE HERET-I MEAN SYNTH
>>
>>317857450
Yeah, raiders in power armor pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if the brotherhood abandoned the commonwealth soon after stripping it of useful technology and then leaving it almost in a worse state than in the first place
>>
>>317846031
nick explains hes saved alot of people from raiders and such fucking listen to the shit diolauge faggot
>>
>>317857567
Brotherhood + Minutemen is best end though.
>>
>>317857196
>The Synth would like to keep the original alive long enough just to fool others
Showing everyone that the person you're pretending to be has a synth copy of themselves does the exact opposite.
>>
>>317857567
>i-it's to prevent people from abusing technology
more dickish ad mech pretty much.
>>
>>317842185
There is actually a random npc that asks another why no one cares about him even though he's a synth.

Maybe diamond city folk are just three kinds of stupid.
>>
>>317850586
Again your presumptions show how retarded you are. This is the new /v/.
>>
>>317857687
It really annoys me how you can't have a proper Railroad + Minutemen end, because that's the most obviously "good" teams.
>>
>>317857957
>Synth SJWs
>Good
lel
>>
>>317857687
Only if you personally roll up to the Prydwen afterwards, with heavily armed Minutemen telling them to leave the commonwealth as soon as possible. I don't want foreign armies occupying new America.
>>
>>317857957
> Brainwashing synths into becoming walking bombs or raiders
> Good
>>
>>317849297
That article being published ABOUT the guy at the bar snapping is WHY everyone is afriad of Synths you dumbass. That happened decades ago and nobody remembered it until Piper made that article.
Holy shit did you even play the game?
>>
>>317857706
nah, a random guy on the road can be fooled by this. the synth aimed for a stealth kill but fail because someone suddenly appear.
against a community or acquaintances? no fucking way.
though everybody should have kept other at gunpoints outside any major settlements.
>>
>>317850586
>This from the same man who told his own brother to fuck off
Someone is having trouble paying attention
>>
>>317858042
>>317858206
Sure, whatever, but the Minutemen and Railroad don't clash in any way at all, but you can't have them have an ending together because the factions are fucking psychic on when you hate them. BoS + Minutemen makes way less sense.
>>
File: 1447387102233.jpg (21 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1447387102233.jpg
21 KB, 540x543
>>317848701
>that whole story is fabricated because mayor is a synth himself
>yfw
>>
>>317858312
>the synth aimed for a stealth kill but fail because someone suddenly appear.
Except the only reason you even find the pair in-game is by hearing one of them yell "HELP ME" and going into a building and up a flight of stairs to find them.

They were completely out of sight. If the guy was killed dead and dumped, the player character never would have found out about this.
>>
>>317849291
Pretty much everyone can randomly be replaced by a synth, it seems. A lot of your settlers could be synths without you knowing it, and they WILL go insane and start shooting people at some point.

I'm 120 hours in, just got the awareness perk that let's me check if anyone have any strange stats, and those fuckers somehow replaced Preston. I can't be 100% sure but everything points towards it since he has energy resistance he shouldn't have.
>>
>>317858469
different mayor
>>
>>317858364
minute men going after anyone makes zero sense. they're just chill town guards. mall cops compared to any other faction
>>
>>317856229
The Institute's tech was the same kind of abomination that lead to the world being destroyed, at least in Maxson's eyes
>>
>>317850165
This, what kind of shitty mother do you have if she wouldn't walk over a million dead bodies to get you back?
>>
>>317858590
>I can't be 100% sure but everything points towards it since he has energy resistance he shouldn't have.
Definitely a Synth. Execute with extreme prejudice.

Remove Synth.
>>
>>317858364
Bethesda can't into motivations or alternative solutions. I can't clue the Railroad in on Bunker Hill unless I join them, forsake my Minuteman army, and complete several quests for them. Like, what the fuck.
>>
>>317858667
Pretty much.

Speaking of, I really hate how forced the friction between the factions is at all. Like, there's no way of telling the Institute that maybe fucking murdering everyone (even the pretty damn innocuous Railroad) might not be the best idea, maybe there's a diplomatic way? But nope, the leaders of the factions force you into killing another for no real reason.
>>
>>317858731
>tfw your mom isn't Doomgirl
>>
>>317858364
Its because the Minutemen don't really care about Synths or Ghouls, just protecting the towns, and the BoS also want to protect towns, and want to do so through killing Synths and Ghouls.
>>
>>317858364

>Minutemen and Railroad don't clash in any way at all

> Find a Railroad sanctuary
> Fire the flaregun to summon minutemen
> You and your men starts purging synth lovers

Throw an artillery strike on it and you have your clash.
>>
What is the Institute's end goal with replacing everybody with Synths?
>>
>>317859047
>artillery strike
>indoors
>>
>>317858952
> forsake my Minuteman army

You're overthinking this. You can get pretty far in every faction's questline without dropping another. I am currently the director of the Institute, the general of the Minutemen, the leader of the Railroad, made Liberty Prime for the Brotherhood, and there are no conflicts.
>>
>>317858986
They've already tried diplomacy and it lead to everyone hating the Institute.
>>
File: ScreenShot173.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot173.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>there are people who dont use the darkness mod
>>
>>317859047
But like

Why the fuck is this even a thing in the first place?
>>
So FO4 is literally Blade Runner: the Video Game?
>>
>>317859098
>everybody
It's not everybody, it's just some people.

Presumably so they can monitor settlements, or in the case of the Mayor (if he actually IF a synth), to have some control over them.
>>
>>317859189
diplomacy is not replacing people in secret as an experiment
>>
>>317859118
They have sanctuaries outdoor. If you do their quests, you unlock them.
>>
File: 1386397539291.png (9 KB, 459x377) Image search: [Google]
1386397539291.png
9 KB, 459x377
>>317859123
>made Liberty Prime for the Brotherhood
>>
>>317858548
>they are randomly placed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZ91Lnoarw
BRAVO TODD

you are right in that situation. dont remember much.
>>
>>317859189
Yes, because they keep murdering people and replacing them with synths. But there's no option, ever, to tell them to stop doing that shit.
>>
>>317859223
Because its utterly unrealistic
>>
>>317859320
What?
>>
>>317859123
Dez outright forces an ultimatum on me, with the choices reading "Side with Railroad" and "Side with Minutemen." If it's not a lock-in moment, the game hasn't made that clear. It's certainly not a decision my character would make, regardless, and that I have to make it to get to a far more innocuous, non-committal decision is a bit absurd.
>>
>>317842185
I had the same question but he explains it, he saved the mayor's daughter back in the day, and he's been more or less accepted over the years. Synths weren't something people knew much about back then.

He's become a common sight in diamond city.
>>
>>317853178
Hard work is underrated.
>>
>>317859492
that's what you get for siding with a crazy bitch who wants you to die for robots
>>
>>317859484
Why did Liberty Prime make a return in Fallout 4? Why is he in Boston?
>>
>>317858709
It's funny, because Maxson is so fucking wrong on every account regarding how the world was destroyed and you can't call him out on it. It was destroyed by humans being humans and using nukes on each other, not synths
>>
>>317842427
Railroad detected.
>>
>>317859457
>unrealistic

>crying about realism in a game with laser weapons, power armor, and radiation zombies
>>
>>317858731
she would ask the kidnappers how much they wanted to give her for taking me off their hands before doing anything.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.