[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 factions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: danso.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
danso.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
Which faction did you choose and why?

>Railroad
Because their reasons are the most selfless and they are the most overwhelmed
>>
>>317758871
>Railroad
what

they are the whole fucking reason people think Institute is a problem

They gather as much information on missing people as they can and make runaway synths into that missing person

Minutemen is best for the Commonwealth
Brotherhood is literally SPESS MUHREEENS
>>
I'm confused the whole purpose of the railroad is helping synths but since I'm assuming if you don't pick the institute it all ends the same and they get wiped out, what are they going to do when there are no more synths to help?
>>
>>317760580
probably disband, splinter off into other groups, stuff like that
they're not trying to make be a permanent organization or governing body like the other factions
>>
Railroad has literally nothing to contribute to the common good, so I can't really see a reason to choose them. At least BoS cleans out lots of threats from the Commonwealth while digging up technology, Institute is going to make big waves once they come up with their technology and Minutemen at least improve general security of the area even if they don't have anything that special tech- or skillwise.
>>
Would someone explain why we blow up the institute when you side with the minutemen instead of just trying to convince everyone they are wrong or kill everyone inside and utilize their tech for the betterment of the commonwealth.
>>
File: Maxson2.png (1 MB, 1141x806) Image search: [Google]
Maxson2.png
1 MB, 1141x806
Brotherhood is literally the only option.
>>
>>317760194
Does the railroad do that? I know the institute replace that one farmer in the sewage plant and the mayor of diamond city so I just assumed they did the others as well.
>>
Institute because they are absurdly overpowered in terms of technology, and in theory your character can make them stop doing retarded shit.
>>
>>317758871
>There reasons are selfless
And stupid. The Railroad is insane.

>>317761269
I doubt the Institute would give a country bumpkin milita their super tech.
>>
>>317761269
That's another thing that triggered me about this game. If i'm the general of the minutemen, why does it feel like Preston is making all the decisions? Like what do you do in that game that makes you FEEL in charge of them. I mean shit, i was more in charge of the brotherhood of steel in a sense.
>>
>no Enclave

fug
>>
Anyone else feel really bad for the non-feral ghouls?
For some reason Arlen and Hancock make me legitimately sad, maybe it's their voices.
>>
>>317761695
>What do you do in that game that makes you feel in charge of them.
You literally build the Minutemen's bases and claim territory for your cause. Preston is just a mouthpiece people talk to so they can get your attention.
>>
>>317761349
This.

Brotherhood of Steel is the only faction with the drive, and the resources to help the common folks of the Commonwealth.

Their sole downside is their willingness to kill synths who have escaped the institutes bullshit, but you can make them see their error, much like how there is a difference between feral ghouls and regular ghouls.

The Railroad is full of a bunch of morons who don't consider the consequences of their actions, and don't screen the synths they 'free' to see if they should be freed or not. Good intentions but fail at execution.

The Minutemen mean well but besides their artillery, are generally too weak, military-wise, in order to assure security from the likes of institute synths or super mutants.

I don't think I have to say anything about the Institute. They are so disconnected from reality they've turned into a saturday morning cartoon villain while still believing they are the 'good guys'. Utterly blind.

Ad victorium!
>>
>>317761752
Kent being way into idealistic escapist media has some pretty depressing implications. I just wanted to be his friend
>>
>>317761526
That's something I really dislike about FO4, you're unable to really mold what the factions do. In theory, you're able to unfuck these things, but you have no option to do so.
>>
>Railroad
You are their bitch, you fetch things for Desdemona.

>BoS
You are their bitch, you perform menial tasks for the man.

>Minutemen
Endless fetch quests even though you are their leader. Preston says thanks everytime and gives you more work.

>Institute
People know how to respect you when you fetch things for them :^)
>>
>>317758871
>Which faction
>Implying faction matters
>Implying they are not all bunch of extremists
There is not a single faction worth picking or supporting. They are so one-dimensional and extreme in their agenda it's fucking pointless.
Where are the times where you could in the same time backstab Vault City, strike a deal with Gecko AND still get a happy ending without turning any of the places into shitholes.
Just try to imagine F2 politics played out with Bethesda's extremism.
>>
>>317762234
>the way he sounded when he wanted to give up
It fucked with me
>>
>>317762301
I wish we could have one thread without nostalgia fags raising a stink. You guys are seriously like old angry grandpas who never shut the fuck about nam.
>>
>>317761962
Too bad everyone but the Institute fucking nukes the Commonwealth. So much for caring and helping.

Institute all the way.
>>
>>317761349
>Only way to get Maxson's coat is to kill him

I'm fighting the urge.
>>
>>317758871
The Railroad was willing to support Raider Synths.
>>
>>317761962

Who cares? None of them stand a chance when the Legion come knocking on their doors.
>>
>>317762456
>Nostalgia fags
And what if I told you I've get myself into Fallout with NV? And F2 is still the best game of them all, even if it plays so-fucking-slooooow?

Deal with it, factions in F4 are utter shit. Even NV and F3 got better balance of factions instead of bunch of lunatics or at least there was a choice not involving total descrution of everything, so one side wins all.
>>
>Minutemen
Constant "go save Godknowswhatthistime Ville" quests, nuke the area in the end
>BoS
Do I really need to talk about Bethesda spasm over those morons?
>Railroad
Fetch them some more stuff and don't ask questions about their motives, as they've got none
>Institute
Le evils of science meme played up to fucking eleven

Literally everyone is shit
>>
When I "join" a faction, am I tied to their ending?

So I just got the rundown from Shaun and I had already joined the Minutemen, the Brotherhood, and the Railroad. Is there a point in the main quest where they say "join a side nigger"
>>
>>317762491
They nuked the Institutes underground facility.

And it had a very small yield for a nuclear reactor explosion. Literally no one lived in the ruins above the facility, no one was hurt except the Institute. Get fucked.
>>
>>317763212
>So I just got the rundown from Shaun and I had already joined the Minutemen, the Brotherhood, and the Railroad. Is there a point in the main quest where they say "join a side nigger"

It's basically who you decide to build the teleporter with.
>>
>>317763212
>Is there a point in the main quest where they say "join a side nigger"
Yes.

If you side with the Brotherhood of Steel, or the Railroad, you can opt to switch to a Minuteman victory later.

If you side with the Institute you are basically against everyone else.
>>
>>317763268
>lets cause a Nuclear Reactor to meltdown a short walk away from Diamond City.
>It's a good idea I swear.
>>
>>317763364
Fuck. When I read the description, I thought I could go to all of them for help. I just happened to do Railroad first, and now I'm stuck with those fuckers. I really built my char around the Minutemen, though.
>>
>>317763424
Diamond City was outside the blast radius, and received neither nuclear fallout nor any sort of destruction.

The worst they experienced was maybe a light earthquake, in exchange for no longer having to fear the Institute and their synths abducting friends and family and replacing them with fake versions.
>>
>>317761793
wow, i'm such a fierce leader i just make people houses all day. Being a leader requires a ton more input, and the game just had you be an errand boy for Preston's "suggestions"
>>
>>317763527
See >>317763372

Later on, choose the Defending the Castle mission over whatever it is the Railroad gives you.
>>
I feel like I should have been able to make my own faction this game. Between the settlements and the Minutemen, there's a lot of potential to make your own group with people you recruit. It would have made the battle for the Institute all that much greater if it was settlers, companions, and wastelanders you had recruited.

Oh well, I'll wait for a mod.
>>
>Two super powers and two groups of stupid niggers

Why would anybody pick the minutemen or railroad
>>
Minutemen because that's the only non-zealot way of keeping Danse with me.
>>
>>317758871
4 Factions:
>Minute Men
Literally nothing but building more settlements because even 300 years later, there's not a single city-state or nation on the East coast, for some reason.

>Institute
Venture Bros, Portal, and Big MT all fell into a blender and got run by a bunch of lunatics who are too busy being Sciency to rebuild the planet.

>BoS
HATE SYNTH

>Railroad
LOVE SYNTH
>>
>>317763647
>Nuclear explosion is nothing
>This is what Bethesda teaches to people
>>
File: DICKS.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
DICKS.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>Yfw Maxson is actually a synth, but he feels he is superior to the others and that only he should exist.
>>
>>317763797
Because the game pretty much forces you to do Minutemen shit for a while, same goes with Railroad.
>>
>>317764146
It isn't nothing.

But it didn't harm anyone but the Institute.

Are you bad at reading or something?

>>317764169
That would be a delicious, delicious irony if it were true, given how he treats Danse
>>
if the institute actually explained what they were doing, maybe I would help them
>>
>>317758871
>join BoS and Railroad since it made sense when I was still looking for Shaun to get information wherever possible
>later in the game build teleporter have no choice but to be considered part of the institute
>battle of bunker is extremely anticlimatic with no one shooting at me because I'm considered part of the 3 factions and can't formally betray them until later in the main quest
>>
>>317763647
>underground explosion
>wouldn't cause massive quakes
>cloud was visible above ground anyway
>would'nt literally spread massive amounts of RADs to diamond city
kek
Im sure
Winds aren'ta thing at all
>>
>>317762601
Pickpocket level 4 or reverse pickpocket scrub
>>
>>317764273
The motives of all four factions are only ever explained so far as "for the greater good"
>>
>>317764273
this pretty much
>been inside the institute for a few hours
>Father explains that I should join them because they are misunderstood by the commonwealth and are actually doing what's best for humanity
>NOT EXPLAINING WHAT THEY'RE DOING
>>
>>317764392
>I don't understand how nuclear payloads, or radiation in general, works: The Post.

Good job proving yourself an idiot.
>>
>>317758871
Institute because no one else accomplished anything in fucking 200 years.
>>
>>317761349
yfw you find out he is 20 yo
>>
File: 1444256188729.jpg (98 KB, 555x475) Image search: [Google]
1444256188729.jpg
98 KB, 555x475
>>317758871
The Railroad is the fucking libc.uck "he didnu nuffin!" faction that appealed to the tumblrinas and ledditors, but I can't decide whether to side with the Brotherhood or the Institute.

I already finished Liberty Reprimed but I'm not sure if I should go any further with them because I'm torn between the two factions.

I've quit the game at 35 hours because I don't know what to do and there are no mods or mod creation tools to fuck around with.
>>
>>317763797
Fighting robots and tech Nazis is more fun than fighting historians and robots that might as well be people.
Also the Brotherhood is full of incompetent fuckheads
>>
>>317764820
Go with the BoS, at least they explain their motives and why you should side with them. Father just tells you the institute is doing whats best for the Commonwealth AND NEVER FUCKING EXPLAINS WHAT THAT IS.
>>
>>317758871
I went Railroad because they're more interesting than the Minutemen and I didn't like the BoS or the Institute, but also who fucking cares, the story in this game is hot garbage anyway.
>>
>>317764820
I'm 90 hours in and I just got to the institue, what the fuck are you doing nigger.
>>
>>317764969
>90 hrs
What the fuck are you doing? Did you seriously clear every fucking building on the map before progressing the story?
>>
Why didn't anybody tell me Nick Valentine was so cool.

You fags kept talking about waifus and I almost missed out on the best companion.
>>
>>317765095
It's a bethesda game, of course you're supposed to explore, map's filled with shit to do.
>>
File: R3X0i.jpg (53 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
R3X0i.jpg
53 KB, 500x281
>>317764717
Although I never asked Danse what Maxon's age was when given the speech check option. Now Maxon wants me to kill Danse.
Aren't elders supposed to be Lyons's age? I'm lost.
>>
>>317765098
Come on, you should know this from /esg/ and /fog/: never listen to anything waifu fags say.
>>
>>317762693
Thats a funny way to spell A random assortment of inbred tribal niggers
>>
>>317764651
You realize we see the mushroom cloud, right?
That cloud will carry radiation extremely far by wind, rain, and generally just falling on shit.
This wasn't a contained underground explosion.
>>
>no Enclave faction that you build up yourself with a very old Colonel Autumn helping you out.

>instead the BoS are all about PURITY IN THE WASTELAND

gj bethesda
>>
>>317765224
Maps filled with Raider Settlement #9243 and Broken Building Full of Ghouls #102456. The only vaguely interesting thing I've found via exploration was that fucking Deathclaw in the Witchcraft museum, returning that egg was fucking tense.

35hrs in, now I either A) Clear out raiders for no reason or B) Collect materials and listen to Garvey bitch at me for blowing up the Institute.

I choose D) Wait for mods to make the game worth playing.
>>
>>317764820
But a lot of synths didn't do anything.
Apparently there's one asshole that becomes a raider but that can be blamed on the Institute for giving the fuckers free will in the first place.
>>
>>317765272
Maxson is a direct descendant of the founder of the BoS. It's probably how he made rank so fast. They do say he's a brilliant tactition too.
You can find Arthur as a kid in FO3, so he's gotta be in his early 20's at most here.
>>
>>317765098
People suck Nick's synth dick every time he's mentioned.
>>
>>317765272
Perhaps the previous Maxon died and although the brotherhood appear to be mainly military based on the surface, complete control of the BoS belongs to the Maxon bloodline
>>
File: 1381890154056.jpg (28 KB, 288x316) Image search: [Google]
1381890154056.jpg
28 KB, 288x316
Best combination would be Brotherhood + Minutemen.

Wipe out the Railroad and Institute, because making a bunch of self replicating robots is a terrible idea. The Railroad is filled with nuts who want to save Gen 1/2's for some reason, despite them being turrets with feet. The institute will never stop their research, and eventually they're going to be unable to control their synths when they become so intelligent they can easily bypass whatever failsafes are put into them.

Brotherhood generally keep peace, but in the end are going to take most of their army out of the commonwealth and will move onto other places. The people left over will just be to guard their outposts and preserve technology.

Minutemen will be there to take care of the common folk, form an alliance with BoS, that sort of thing.

I don't know if that sort of ending is even possible, because I have yet to beat the game, but it seems like the best to me.
>>
>>317765516
>fans complain that the BoS were moralfags and too involved with the main story line instead of being neutral like they should be
>"I know! Let's turn them into the Enclave!"
>>
>>317765516
>old Colonel Autumn
That could have been fun.
>>
MM > BoS > Institute >>>>>>>>>> Railroad
>>
>>317765516
THE ENCLAVE ARE DEAD

FUCK YOU

STOP TRYING TO REVIVE THEM.

New Vegas a was a perfect send off for them. A small group of old as fuck stragglers. There is no reason to bring them back. They had their time in 1/2.
>>
>>317766471
Okay im about to blow your fuckin mind
who cares
>>
>>317766471
Todd makes the rules now, if he wants, the Enclave comes back and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>317765526
The robot ship and robot amusement park were really cool too. Also that mine with the sacrifice cult. State house with mirelurk queen was tense. Forged headquarters. Gunners town where the three officers are. Saving that scientist from mutant tower. That lab where you get locked in and have to research a legendary power armor torso. Obviously all of the hub quests. Yeah lots of stuff is generic but when you're running around exploring you don't feel the world is empty. I bet you missed a lot of quests and not just raider camps.
>>
>>317765526

Very much agree with you.

The Witchcraft Museum quest is so far my favorite, one of the few with any remote creativity, and of course it had to be one of the shortest in the game.

The quest on the Constitution ship was pretty good, although I was insanely irritated with having to run through that ship with two loading screens every fucking time, and they have you go in an out a shit load.

Vault 81 overall was pretty interesting, Curie is my favorite character because Im lonely and I like her attitude.

Going into the Glowing Sea for the first time decked in power armor was interesting but...Then I learned there isnt anything out there except that one place with my quest.

Im at about 30 hours and I just don't see there being much else. Most of the time you're doing exactly what you said - killing ghouls in a building or killing raiders in a building. Or tediously fighter either of them or super mutes because they are blocking my path to my next quest. Theres no creativity here. And I dont remember FO3 very well but New Vegas wasn't like that, they did a real good job of giving you creative shit to do, and you killed people on the side. Quests in FO4 are just about killing people. The Witchcraft quest was so good because it wasnt about you just killing 30 dudes to get some useless loot or a quest item for some asshole.
>>
>>317766136
>make BoS exactly like it was in the original games
>autists on /v/ still complain
more news at 11
>>
The Minutemen feel like they're the most prosperous for humanity's future.

It's not like Institute or Railroad gives a shit about humanity.

Brotherhood are slowly turning into Enclave 2.0, soon they'll probably start killing humans that simply develop tumors/growths on their body.
>>
>>317760194
>SPESS MUHREEENS
SPESS MUHREEENS!!!!!
STEHHHHHL REEEEEN!!!!
STEDY UR SELF BODHER!!!!!!
>>
>>317766471
>game is littered with enclave armor

>THEY ARE DEAD

yes anon

yes...
>>
>>317758871

Railroad, because they're different.

>get ability to upgrade stuff besides armor
>still can't upgrade road leathers

fuck bethesda
>>
>>317767006
>The Witchcraft Museum quest is so far my favorite
When you're in the basement, it's kinda cool, but all you do is fight a death claw. If you brought power armor, you're fine.
Last Voyage of the USS Constitution is the best
>>
File: ScreenShot101.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot101.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Was going BOS until they started asking me to bully farmers.

Minute Men all day erry day
>>
File: bold bruvas.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bold bruvas.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>317767107
BRUVA I AM PINNED HERE
>>
>>317767286

>Was going BOS until they started asking me to bully farmers

Wait, when do they do that?
>>
File: 814.jpg (29 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
814.jpg
29 KB, 498x558
>Be me
>Help BoS get hyper-electro-whats-it from the reactor.
>Give them the electric-boogaloo-doodad from the reactor.
>They just pocket it. Don't even know what to do with it.
>Go back to The Castle to restock.
>Forced to defend The Castle.
>Kicked out of the BoS, none of them will talk to me anymore. Even though I finish Liberty Prime.
>Quest list is Minutemen spam.
>Say 'Fuck it' and nuke the Institute.
>Shit ending.
>Lost any drive to keep playing.
>MFW.
>>
>>317765346

You mean the NCR?
>>
>>317767435
>be me

>>>/b/
>>
>>317767037

No, the BoS weren't against mutants, especially after Fallout 1. They were tech raiders if anything.

In 4 they do the EXACT OPPOSITE of raiding tech, they fucking nuke it.
>>
I think that Minutemen get underwritten, because of the whole "help the commonwealth".

If you look at the Minutemen (MM) through the lens of the NCR, you are essentially playing with the NCR of the Fallout 2 Universe as they attempt to gather territory, hence sworn allegiances to the Minutemen, and "create a safer Commonwealth".

tl;dr-

Minutemen are the fledgling NCR from Fallout 2.
>>
>can'y find a way to commandeer the prydwen or liberty prime as minute men
There goes my idea of a new wasteland superpower.
I would have named it the New Commonwealth Republic. NCR for short
>>
>>317767006
There was a lift on the back of the ship that took you to the very top
>>
do i lose allies once a join a faction? If i join the institute am i restricted to their base?
>>
>>317767421
quatermasters "extra work"
>>
>>317761349
>20 years old

As fucking if.
>>
>>317767959
It tells you a faction will hate you before you make certain choices.
>>
>>317758871
Institute

>Safe
>Advanced
>Unlimited supply of robo waifus
>My own army of synths
>Let me be they're leader just cause
>Literally humanity's only hope
>Won't kill Curie
>>
>>317761349
Maxson is the most boss ass Elder in any BoS chapter that I've ever seen
>>
>>317767995

Please tell me you can still join the minutemen and destroy the Prywend when they give you that mission.
>>
>>317764146
You're literally playing a game where mininukes have the blast radius of a small artillery shell.
>>
Fallout Tactics Brotherhood will always be the best Brotherhood.
>>
File: 1438540453471.png (138 KB, 262x310) Image search: [Google]
1438540453471.png
138 KB, 262x310
>not going minutemen to create your own Enclave
>not storming the institute in a swarm of angry musket-wielding farmers in your power armour, blowing away nerds with an Instigating Fat Man
>not commanding your minions to annihilate the Prydwen not with daring sabotage or fancy technology, but raw weight of firepower
>not BEING the final boss of your faction
>>
>>317768358
you are now aware the Davy Crockett was a real thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)
>>
>>317764468
Ain't it obvious?
They're converting everyone into synths to bring about the age of immortal cyborgs!
That's why they've been kidnapping people, imprinting them on synths, then replacing them - the goal is to replace everybody eventually
>>
Fallout 4 brotherhood are literally Racism: The Faction
>>
>>317768174
I've done that mission like 6 times. Its the BoS repeatable 100 caps "quest". I've squeezed food from the Abernathy Farm like 6 times.
>>
>>317761349
They're the most reasonable. Misuse of technology literally ended the world and they try to make sure it isn't misused like that. Institute is cool and all but it's unnatural.
>>
>>317768752
And they're right about basically everything.
>>
File: vending machine liberator.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
vending machine liberator.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>317760580
there still vending machine and auto turret to save anon!
>>
>>317768923

Except they're not, all they did by nuking the Institute was create ANOTHER "Reminiscent of Master's Army", only worst since they DO have the cognitive ability to build another Institute.

If the BoS was smart, and actually followed their tech raiding ways LIKE THE FUCKING SHOULD they would've captured the Institute and used it as their bunker, or at least used it to track down remaining synths.
>>
>>317767107
BATUL BROTHAS

We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA'S FUREH!
>>
>>317768834
Have you not played any other Fallout games?

The Brotherhood just horde tech and not share with anyone. They are the moral grey area of the Fallout universe.

Do you honestly think theyd just destroy potentially dangerous-to-humanity tech?
>>
>>317765627
In addition, both elder lyons and sarah died so he was next in line
>>
>>317768720
they're just using synths to do all the menial labor tasks and controlling the commonwealth, to get resources for science
>>
>>317769206

Exactly, they're fucking raiders, but with a taste for tech.
>>
>>317769206
They hoard it to keep it from being misused.
>>
File: Fallout carried by wind.png (23 KB, 928x422) Image search: [Google]
Fallout carried by wind.png
23 KB, 928x422
>>317764651
Not him but at the start of the game the shock wave from the nuke nearly disintegrates everyone on the vault platform as its going down and absolutely annihilates Sanctuary, meanwhile Diamond City is significantly closer to the blast zone than Sanctuary

What is the reasoning behind this, it sounds crazy to me?

Also I'm pretty sure when a nuclear bomb drops, the fallout it produces can be carried by the wind for several hundred miles if conditions are right
>>
>>317768965
What happens if you blow up the institute without getting his serum?
>>
>>317769349
And they use Power Armor, the most dangerous pre-war tech, tech that basically shifted the tide on the war. Theyre hypocritical because theyre no better than the institute, they just want power over theyre narrow vision of what the Wasteland USA should be.
>>
>>317767421
The quartermaster who sells guns, armor, and ammo. He straight up tells you that they need farmers to 'cooperate' when you go around and meet everyone on the Prydwen.
>>
>>317769614
He gets mad and attacks if you go back to his cave.
>>
>>317758871
Query:

I just went to sentinel. For those that haven't explored yet, it's a nuke silo.

Why the fuck does the brotherhood of steel give ONE RANCID TURD about synths when there are at least 30 Mk28 Nuclear Fucking Bombs SITTING IN THE OPEN, WITH NO LOCKS OR SHIT, JUST SITTING THERE.
>>
>>317769713

Wow, they really are no different from raiders. And these are suppose to be the good guys?
>>
>>317769217
Why did they have to have Sarah die like a moron. Hurr my Dad died of natural causes and I'm in charge now. Come on Pride, those Super Mutants won't kill themselves!
>>
>>317769751
actually he degenerates to a super mutant because of the virus
>>
>>317769713

You know, if they didn't blow up the Institute like a bunch of morons like they are, they would've had PLENTY of food.
>>
>>317769982
He just got mad at me. He yells something like "we had a deal and you blew it up" then turns his gun on me.
>>
BOS: Durrr we hate synths despite the fact that we love techoinology. LETZ BLOW UP THE INSTITUTE DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE LOVE TECHNOLOGY. DID I MENTION WE LIKE TECHNOLOGY? Also check our r cool new airship totally not pandering to the memepunk audience kek xD
>>
>>317769949
To be fair Lyon's brotherhood were kinda morons, or at least too selfless for their own good a lot of the time. It's not implausible they'd overextended and get bogged down and killed. Wouldn't have expected Bethesda to kill off a main character from 3 that casually though.
>>
>>317769206
>Do you honestly think theyd just destroy potentially dangerous-to-humanity tech?
why do you think they want to wipe out the synths?
>>
>Do run of the game with the BoS
>Feeling a bit more bleeding-heart, decide to do my next run with the Railroad
>Get inside the Institute, everything's going great, espionage, the whole nine yards
>BoS plans to wipe out Railroad, get quest objective to warn Desdemona
>Try to warn her, doesn't let me
>Game has bugged out and won't let me continue

Barring this obvious progression blocker and total bullshit, I've yet to find a flaw with the Railroad; save synths that have free will, don't care about synths that don't, just like Curie and Codsworth. Minutemen are kind of in the same field. Is there some sort of deep dark shit that the Railroad's doing that makes them actually a bunch of dicks?
>>
>Siding with raiders in power armor

>Siding with edgy scientists that have no idea how the outside world works and who's whole plan is to rebuild the entire human race in a mile long underground cylinder

Minutemen and Railroad are the only two options if you aren't an angsty tween fresh from /pol/
>>
>>317758871
>Not doing all
>>
>>317770258
Youre naive. Because they are a threat to a Brotherhood dictatorship.
>>
>>317770358
The brotherhood aren't even raiders in power armor anymore. They're nazis who destroy anyone more advanced than them. They never bother collecting any technology the whole fucking game.
>>
>>317770207

And the worst part is, Synths weren't even the ONLY tech that the Institute had, it's clear that they had plenty other tech in that structure that the Brotherhood could only dream of having that would've helped humanity.

The Brotherhood are fucking idiots. And Bethesda are fucking HORRIBLE writers.
>>
File: 2402029-8387291288-13632.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2402029-8387291288-13632.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>317770387
>my headcanon is more correct than what is actually stated in the game!
>>
>>317761564
That probably why he talks about taking over the institute and distributing the tech yourself.

Frankly, the worst part about the ending is how it covered literally nothing you did during the campaign. None of the choices you made had any long-term consqeuqnces aside from the prydwyn/institute being destroyed.
>>
>>317770358
>siding with raiders in power armor

It's bad that when I read this I actually thought you meant you could join the raiders, because somehow they actually have Power Armor now.
>>
File: andwhat.jpg (111 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
andwhat.jpg
111 KB, 426x640
>>317760194
>Brotherhood is literally SPESS MUHREEENS
And?
>>
File: 1409103000386.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1409103000386.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>317770521
>They never bother collecting any technology the whole fucking game.
so i totally didn't do 6 missions before the Prydwyn showed up collecting tech then
>>
>>317770521

What's funny is that I recall ONLY ONCE the Brotherhood's tech goal was mentioned, by fucking Danse out of all people. Who's a Synth.
>>
>>317770705
>meme "radiant" quests mattering
>>
File: 1280px-Nevada_Test_Site_craters.jpg (249 KB, 1280x1030) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Nevada_Test_Site_craters.jpg
249 KB, 1280x1030
>>317769460
it doesn't annihilate sanctuary, it barely damages it more than a minor tornado. 200 of weathering would fuck up those houses more than they are ingame anyway

underground blasts at sufficient depth are relative safe as the soil and rock absorbs the blast, especially with a presumably hardened facility like the institute. You can't apply real world nuclear science or strategy to fallout though, it has never tried to be realistic on that front.
>>
>>317770596
>has never played a fallout game before 4.
>>
>>317770329
>I've yet to find a flaw with the Railroad; save synths that have free will, don't care about synths that don't

What? You're openly told at the start of their quests that the place is divided because half of them want to save Gen 1's/2's and even refuse to go on missions that involve killing Gen 1's/2's.

I can see a civil war in their near future over saving what are essentially turrets.
>>
>>317770258

I highly doubt the brotherhood is going to actually destroy the sinthys, they may talk about killing the synthis to calm the minds of mud eaters (that means you the player), but the brotherhood we all know and love would never pass the chance of getting their own synth army, you know for the good of humanity and shit.
>>
>>317770589
Like fucking honestly
I still don't even get why the BOS hate the Railroad. It seems like Beth needed to shoehorn a reason that you couldn't make two sides work together.
>>
Someone explain to me in detail why the Railroad is stupid because I feel extremely guilty for killing them on Christmas

>I didn't get to do the Courier companion mission because the Brotherhood was constantly attacking him
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 666x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 666x435
Worst character?
>>
>>317770329

I find it questionable how the delete their memories and write a new personality for them.

There's one synth that you help escape when doing their missions, and when you meet him after the wipe again he's got a completely different personality. I don't see how that's different then killing them.

Also sometimes they fuck up the rewrite and turn the synths into psychopaths like the raider boss the institute sends you after.
>>
>>317762425
>vault dweller sees him murdered
>continues to live the rest of their life as the silver shroud, wiping out anyone with even a shred of evil intention with extreme prejudice.
>>
Institute.

I want to live in a nice comfy hole in the ground with robot waifus

Brotherhood is tech hoarding assholes
Railroad are people who think toasters are equal to humans
Minutemen are a complete J O K E
>>
>>317770589
Seriously what the fuck was the point? By the time you have that last talk with Father, the institute is on it's last legs with everyone evacuating. Why didn't they just round up the scientists and kill all the synths and everyone who opposed and take control of all the tech the institute had. Why nuke everything? Fuck you Todd.
>>
>>317770820
They literally nuked the institute. With all the synths in production, all the knowledge, everything. The brotherhood is just as retarded as all the other factions.
>>
>>317770896
Why the fuck can't I kill this bitch and the other two useless named npcs. They say the same shit every time I'm in Sanctuary.
>>
File: moving goalpost.gif (134 KB, 410x309) Image search: [Google]
moving goalpost.gif
134 KB, 410x309
>>317770786
you also get paid caps to bring them technical manuals.

but thanks for playing.
>>
>>317770884
Mostly it's the fact that a bunch of them legitimately think that Gen 1/2 synths are on the same level as humans. It's such a stupid concept and line of reasoning that there has to be a problem with them.
>>
>>317770901
iirc the memory wipes are voluntary
>>
>>317770820
Maxston wanted to execute Danse as soon as possible despite that he was the most loyal person he had and would have done everything for the brotherhood despite being a synth. That and they nuked everything. They were retards.
>>
>>317770901
>Also sometimes they fuck up the rewrite and turn the synths into psychopaths like the raider boss the institute sends you after.

This is true, but don't you think it would me ethically wrong for them to re-write the personalities to be "perfect"? Just like some humans end up sociopathic, its only natural that some free-will synths would end up so.
>>
>>317771050
>They say the same shit every time I'm in Sanctuary.
>FUCK YOU IM A RAGING BITCH BECAUSE
>uughhh im sooooo saaaaaddddd
>hey go help these mudrakers you just helped 10 mins ago!
>the siiiiiiiiight gimmie da cheeeeeemmmmsssss

I moved out of sanctuary asap
>>
>>317770971

And Maxson even says that there are still stray Synths around. Well maybe if you didn't nuke the fucking place after clearing it out, MAYBE you could've tracked them down first THEN liquidate the place. It's not like they couldn't, the Institute had the means to track down every Synth.
>>
>not forgetting the war for the commonwealth
>not living your life in the glowing sea surrounded by your brothers and sisters of atom

Why isnt this an option? I wanna go the religious route.

Plus their fucking raditation guns are annoying. I wanna join them just to not have to put up with those.
>>
>>317771136
>meme "radiant" quests mattering
>>
>>317771349
I was really pissed about the whole "How can you guys survive all this radiation?"

"It was a gift from atom"

Fuck off with your handwavy bullshit
>>
>>317771439
>thinking they survive
>not realizing they are religious extremists willing to die for Atom.

Muslims maynn.
>>
>>317771050
Just keep giving her chems and she'll be gone soon enough.
>>
>>317771219

Which they strongly encourage the synths to take.

I also wonder just what makes synths different from normal robots, or if there really is a difference. Captain Ironsides for example shows a considerable amount of free will, and sentry bots don't exactly seem to be programmed with a personality.
>>
>>317771537
You know what I mean. If you take your suit off out there it's like 20 rads a second, but they don't take shit
>>
>>317771439

They're probably early on in the ghoulification process.

What exactly happens to people who turn into ghouls is never gone into much detail after all.
>>
>>317771713

Not really because they kinda complained about Virgil.
>>
I'm going with the Minutemen because I think that there's cool ghouls, supermutants, and synths that don't deserve to die. I also think of robots like Codsworth as more than just robots, and want them to be treated nicely, but the Railroad is full of clowns. The Minutemen seem like they'd give everybody a fair shot.
>>
File: 1445117171268.gif (1 MB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
1445117171268.gif
1 MB, 294x350
Reminder that minutemen would have gotten rektd by fucking RAIDERS if some guy fresh out the vault either walked around concord or just took the power armor and fucked off.
>>
>>317771797
Virgil was exposed to the FEV, so he wasnt going to ever Ghoulify, and was just in hiding. He didnt actually beleive in Atom, just needed a place to lay low.
>>
>>317771827

And even if they did ended up holding their own against the Raiders, their leader would've ended up committing sudoku anyway.
>>
>>317771293
Worst part was that I extorted some caps from that one trader (Trashcan Carla), and now she forever stands in the middle of Sanctuary repeating this one line:
>Oh look, it's the robber again. I paid up, so get lost.

Literally
FUCK IT
U
C
K

I
T
>>
File: 1447647824243.jpg (130 KB, 1024x638) Image search: [Google]
1447647824243.jpg
130 KB, 1024x638
>>317770971
>>317771276

They just nuked everthing? Without even trying to harverst the institute technology? But...but why? They have the chance to get everthing in the institute for themselves, instead they just nuke the place?

What the hell is the brotherhood thinking...
>>
Reminder there is not a single boston accent in the game.

This is the future we look forward to folks.
>>
>>317771918

Yeah but he couldn't fully embrace Atom since he was already naturally highly resistant to it.

Which makes me wonder why he would want to be cured in the first place, in a radioactive hellhole where he is currently.
>>
>>317771581
Synths make no sense.

You see people like Ironsides, or the Mr. Handy's walk around making decisions with no one around to tell them what to do. They can carry on full conversations, answer questions, ask questions, have emotions (Codsworth cries if you take him to Nora's body) and all this other shit. HELL, THERE IS A FUCKING MS HANDY THAT FALLS IN LOVE WITH A GUY.

Maybe Synth's have more free will or options or something, but still. I don't see the railroad fighting for the rights of Mr. Handies. It's just a bunch of former synths fighting for synths. You're not a synth, they're using you. Ironically, the human has become the tool if you side with the railroad.
>>
>>317771827
Why couldn't Preston get into the power armor and kill the raiders? Was he really unable to pick a lock that a housewife frozen for 200 years could?
>>
>>317771975
Quality Bethesda writing. Todd himself penned these mighty plots
>>
>>317771581
Curie seemed to have developed her personality from just a pre-programmed template into something close to true sentience over centuries of constant operation. Could be that without a 'factory reset' sort of wipe robots with advanced enough processors develop quirks that accumulate into a sort of individuality. I want to say that the pre-war logs in the old Railroad base mention something similar happening to Pam too. It's possible that only a couple models of robots have the capacity needed to end up as more free-thinking units, none of the protectrons on Ironsides' crew show any personality for example.

Does Kleo ever talk about her past?
>>
None, because: the factions are shit, the main quest is shit, the game is shit.
>>
>>317761962
>Brotherhood of Steel
>Help
You can FUCK RIGHT OFF YOU FALLOUT 3 BABBY.
>>
>>317772051
90% of the holotapes have people speaking with a bostonian accent
>>
>>317772051
>>317770896
There is and it's dreadful.
>>
>>317763918
>Literally nothing but building more settlements because even 300 years later, there's not a single city-state or nation on the East coast, for some reason.
That much always bugged me about the fallout lore. Humans crave structure like you wouldn't fucking believe, the fact that literally everyone is still living in rusty shacks and bombed-out buildings 250 years after the fact is horseshit. If they can't put together functioning robots from spare parts and laser weaponry from garbage, they can mix up concrete, hang drywall, and build dwellings that don't look like 5 airplanes crashed in the same place at the same time.
>>
>>317772064
>doesnt wanna get killed by Nazi Space Marines.
>>
>>317771975
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>317772064
It's fucking with his mind and general bodily control.

If you read his computer you can see he is having anger issues, randomly slipping into more of a 'super mutant' mentality, and can't use his hands for science anymore.
>>
File: paperheartsknife.png (189 KB, 492x457) Image search: [Google]
paperheartsknife.png
189 KB, 492x457
>>317771827
I just realized I really wish they had an option to take the power armor and fuck off.

They could have made it similar to your options for Goodsprings in New Vegas.

Damn. That would've been neat.
>>
>>317772064

His super mutant body has terrible fine motor skills, and who knows what sort of long term psychological effects it could have.
>>
>>317771050
Because they're Yes Man characters.
>>
>>317771975
That Institute tech is uncontrollable just like synthshit.
They hate Synth not because they are tech, they hate Synth because they are incontrollable and can do great damage to humans,
Bos dont care about new tech, they only care about prewar. Atleast under maxson. And Institue has never shown to be in control of their own creation.
>>
>>317772126
What mod are you running? I listen to everything and thats what messed me up the most about this games writing. The lack of Bostonian accent.
>>
>>317772184
>That much always bugged me about the fallout lore.
You mean Bethesda lore. The other companies who have handled Fallout knew something about the setting and showed actual progress being made. Bethesda doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
File: 1446092739428.jpg (41 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1446092739428.jpg
41 KB, 720x720
>>317758871
minutemen because im a minmax faggot and preston has the best perk
>>
>>317772086
I thought glory was the only actual synth of the main railroad named characters
>>
>>317772086
This.

Codsworth, Curie, That Ms Handy in diamond city, Ironsides, and other robots you meet are literally just like people, yet all the Railroad cares about is MUH SYNTHS SAVE THE GEN 1 AND GEN 2s WHO ARE JUST ROBOTS WITH GUNS SAVE THEM SAAAAVE THEM SAVE THEM WOULD YOU DIE FOR A SYNTH?! THIS IS BLACK AND WHITE SAY YES OR YOU LEAVE FAGGOT
>>
>>317771975
well all the institute weapons are shittierthan pre existing laser weapons

must not have been that great
>>
>>317772394
The Railroad are literally all Synths.
>>
>>317772305
>Bos dont care about new tech, they only care about prewar
>prewar

Excuse me, but isn't the Institute prewar?
>>
>>317761962
also they hate ghouls xd
>>
>>317772394
Named ones? I am not sure which are Synths.

But random agents and shit are synths. In fact, when I massacred their headquarters I found a fuckton of synth parts.
>>
>>317772365
not much progress in other fallouts other than vault city which obviously was made with the geck

everything else is just people living in run down buildings that were already there or shitty shacks
>>
>>317764468
"Goddamnit Shaun, listen to your father! You march out there RIGHT NOW and tell all the nice people what you're doing. Cryostasis or not, i've still got a good 30 years on you as well as a 10 in strength. Dont think I wont beat your cancer-ridden ass red in front of your directorate."
>>
>frozen for 200 years
>muscular atrophy doesn't kick in at all

Okay
>>
>>317772256
You can actually. set up your base of operation at red rocket or some shit.
There is only one main quest that require you to build something. dont have to care about minuteman at all unless you fucked up every factions.
>>
>>317772357
pretty much every holotape i find in a random city spot have the accent, especially the ones i find in police stations
>>
>>317772509
All their tech is post war.
They literally want to erase all prewar remnant "peacefully"
>>
>>317772602

I'm still questioning how you and Shaun aren't puddles of goo. Seeing that usually those who get uncryo'd the Fallout universe tend to suffer nasty consequences shortly after post-thaw.
>>
>>317767435
SAME EXACT SHIT HAPPENED TO ME
Didn't have any saves for 3 hours and I was crafting all that time, so I just decided FUCK IT and finished the main quest with the minutemen. I feel like they had the worst possible strategy though.
>>
>>317763424
Ended well, didn't it?
>>
>>317772086

There's actually one location in the game were a bunch of pre-war hippies were fighting to "free the robots"

They stole a Mr Handy, and when the Mr Handy was understandably distressed and tries to contact the police they reprogram it into a "just be" mode and it's been wandering around the site in a daze oblivious to everything and everyone since the war.

I see a parallel to the railroad in that.
>>
Here's my big prooblemo

your first companion is a fucking sentient mr handy.

this is not a problem to anyone.
>>
>>317772676
Arent most holotapes prewar stuff?

Is there a single NPC in the game with a boston accent?
>>
>>317768671
You do know that the Davy Crockett nuke was far more devastating then a Fatman right?
>>
>>317761962
>Their sole downside is their willingness to kill synths who have escaped the institutes bullshit, but you can make them see their error, much like how there is a difference between feral ghouls and regular ghouls.

W H E R E
>>
>>317772904
see
>>317770896
>>
>>317772808
Because Todd, desu
>>
>>317772904
some guards in diamond city
>>
Can someone explain to me why the institute was so obsessed with replacing people? was it some strange attempt at controlling wasteland politics? cause it just seemed like they would intentionaly fuck up any attempts to Commonwealth made to organise itself into some kind of union with no real motivation on the part of the institute.
>>
>>317772808

>Generally

You mean one guy in one military base?
>>
>>317772987
Holy fuck i forgot about her. I haveny been to Sanctuary since I took back the Castle.
>>
>>317772857
why should it?

and technically you get dog meat first.
>>
>>317773091

Wasn't there also a similar case with Mothership Zeta?
>>
Any benefits to picking any faction over the others in the end? Like, after the main story, is there something that one of them can do for me that the others can't?
>>
>>317769460
>>317770791
They can't even be consistent with their own fucking lore and you expect them to be accurate with actual explosions? That's asking a bit much from Bethesda.
>>
wasn't the BoS going full enclave
>>
>>317772857
Sentient AI are present in almost every Fallout game. It's just more abundant in FO4. Probably explained by the institute/railroad fucking with tech in the area.
>>
>>317773089
They want to replace old people with "better" people that can be controlled.
The synth who shot everybody is out of control.
They havent perfected synth yet. Many tried to run from them. Everything is an experiment first and foremost.
>>
File: paperheartsdishwasher.png (349 KB, 493x457) Image search: [Google]
paperheartsdishwasher.png
349 KB, 493x457
>>317772612
Yeah.. but it'd be neat if you could have actual consequences. Like the Minutemen get killed or you could side with the raiders faction or something.
Then instead of having the Minutemen "help" settlement quests, there could be raiding quests.

Eh I don't know.. Just thinking about how they could have provided variety in quests options similar to NV. Would have really improved the game.
>>
>>317772857
he doesnt act out of his programming though.
robco industry is just that good at programming.
>>
>>317773159

That was alien technology and only the astronaut died due to cryo process. The rest died because the aliens fuck them up with experiments and then froze them for later.
>>
>>317773335
MODS
I
L
LFIX
I
T
>>
File: PUT THE FISH IN THE BAG.jpg (32 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
PUT THE FISH IN THE BAG.jpg
32 KB, 640x640
>>317758871
>Railroad
>Because their reasons are the most selfless and they are the most overwhelmed

you just described the minuteman op, not the synths who only help other synths
even sneaky deacon wishes they would help humans
>>
Are Curie and Codsworth technically synths?

Doesnt Synth just stand for Synthetic human? Curie (until replaced in QTgurl) and Codsworth arent humanoid. The only real non institute synths that could be classified as such are the Assaultrons.
>>
>>317772946
This.
>>
Something I don't get about Fallout 4. If you reopen General Atomics, why do the robots accept caps? Shouldn't they accept pre war money?
>>
As far as I'm concerned all of the problems I have with Fallout 4 stem directly from the voiced main character and the game being built around it.
>>
File: paperheartsglasses.png (456 KB, 492x457) Image search: [Google]
paperheartsglasses.png
456 KB, 492x457
>>317773461
Or Obsidian will just come out with the superior version in three years.

Feeling a bit too ambitious for mods to cover everything I want.
>>
>>317771289
>implying the raider synth wasn't planted there by Father to convince you that synths should not have free will.
>>
>>317761962

I had always hoped their would be a mission where, once the USS Constitution was repaired, you could turn it into a Minutemen ship, for a moving artillery, so you no longer needed to build in settlements.

I'd rather put more help into the minutemen. I gave them like 12 power suits afterall.
>>
>>317773091

Also in the mods that re-add EPA to Fallout 2. Hell in one of them you can actually successfully bring back Dobbs from cryogenics.
>>
>>317773335
Is that Yoni?
>>
>>317773507

Synths are a nearly perfect copy of a human, so no they are not and you are being a retard.
>>
>>317773461
fix what? make you a "raider leader" that must do everything by yourselves?
this isnt x-com or even dragon age inquisition. has something like this ever done in a bethesda game? Total conversion does not count.
>>
POST YFW YOU FIND OUT RAILROAD IS A SYMBOL FOR TRANSEXUAL EQUALITY
>>
File: paperheartswater.png (266 KB, 493x457) Image search: [Google]
paperheartswater.png
266 KB, 493x457
>>317773727
>>
>>317773548
It's the same reason why you can find pipe weapons from army lockers that have been closed since the bombs fell.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.