[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blade & Soul being censored and changed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: r9Hrep4.jpg (293 KB, 1432x1500) Image search: [Google]
r9Hrep4.jpg
293 KB, 1432x1500
>Starting lingerie replaced with more covering clothing
>Revealing clothing are now cash shop only
>Poses/animations for female characters changed from sexy to "empowering"
>Moral ambiguity in quests, especially concerning sexual or lecherous dialog, are being completely removed and re-imagined as simpler and "more welcoming".
>Personalities of many female NPCs being changed to make them stronger and less sexualized
>More changes to come

It's over. SJWs have won. Even sexy games that are rated M can't remain unraped.
>>
I don't give a fuck about these games
but like, everything is getting censored
>>
>>317640941
what is this
>>
>If we do this, SJWs will play the game, right? This is what we're supposed to do, right?!
>>
File: costanza.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>317640941
>not liking tough chicks that can ride
>>
>>317641904
Some autist that always posts the same image in blade and soul generals, pretending the poses were changed because of censorship instead of complaints that the other poses twisted the bodies too much and thus you couldn't really see what you were changing.

Everything he says is willingly ignorant and deceitful.
>>
File: 1448281471870.jpg (435 KB, 1064x839) Image search: [Google]
1448281471870.jpg
435 KB, 1064x839
>>317640941
>>
File: 1448281534976.jpg (164 KB, 1651x731) Image search: [Google]
1448281534976.jpg
164 KB, 1651x731
>>317642154
>>
>>317640941
Is it bad that I actually prefer the top one?
>>
Absolutely disgusting.

Black Desert is next right?

Makes me wish I was a millionaire and would start a translation company for nip games and I would fire anyone who tried to police the game with their misguided views of moral censorship and social justice, I would make sure all japanese vidya translations and localizations would only be done by my company so fans and those interested can get the games they fucking want instead of the "politically correct" version.

I'd put all those big ego localizers who think its their holy moral duty to censor and fuck up game localizations to their own specific "western" PC vision out of a fucking job.
>>
>>317642309
I like the top better. Sexier, in my opinion
>>
It's on PC, you can just mod back whatever they cut and keep the English translations.

Just like Tera at launch.
>>
>>317640941
If it's sexier than the SJW herself, then it's sexist and dehumanising.
They need to feel like the most attractive one in the situation. And that means dragging everything way down.
>>
>>317640941

There's your actual answer.

Did you really need to make this thread?
>>
>>317642659
/v/ is full of retards.
>>
>>317642659
And that makes it ok because?
>>
File: 1447621392769.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447621392769.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>317640941
>Shows more skin
>more covering
Is that how it works now
>>
>>317642467
It really seems like wasted effort and an attempt for the localizer SJW's to feel good about themselves for "battling misoginy" because most of these games, especially MMO's are PC only so a simple texture fix and the morally "correct" censorship is eliminated, its silly that they go through all that trouble to interfere with the artistic vision of the game and then all it is is just one extra hassle for players to correct it back themselves.

And even then, this being PC no doubt players like me would soon be downloading even lewder mods/textures that would make whoever localized it probably shit themselves if they saw it, further making their censorship futile and a waste of time and money.

Good ol' clientside texture swaps.
>>
>>317642254
So her argument is that she is so dumb and easily manipulated that tv shows pretty much dictated her entire life and that's why attractive women should be removed from media to protect equally dumb and naive women.

Kinda goes against the core tenet of feminism that women are just as smart and capable as men when you're entire life is destroyed by pamela anderson in baywatch lmao
>>
>>317640941
Already did a refund, can't handle this "we translate to what we think is right" Bullshit. I can understand the Korean team changing shit about the game, but going out of your way to fuck the localization is fucking stupid
>>
>>317642467
You're ignoring that they're rewriting entire quest lines because they find them problematic.
>>
>>317640941
Most of the free doboks are reveal. There's always been all sorts of revealing shit on the cash shop. The fuck are you talking about?

If they removed all the revealing ones and moved them to the cash shop they would have like 4 free doboks.
>>
>>317642309
>>317642416
Why not have fucking both instead of cutting one out faggots?
>>
>>317643295
reminds me of how in the Philippines you might catch 10 landscapers working with weed whackers to maintain a golf course.
>>
>>317640941
I don't know if they changed it but the outfits in the beta that were from gameplay were a lot better than the cash shop ones.
>>
>revealing clothes are cash shop only

Bullshit. All the suits still have skintight fits, cleavage cutouts, thigh slits and everything else.
>>
>>317643615
>that pic

Jesus Christ this board is literally reddit
>>
>>317645553
You would know, namefag.
>>
>>317640941
muh beautiful poses! nooooo
>>
>>317647684
Those are selectable poses for the character creation. In game every class has a different stance. Fucking hell.
>>
So the EU client isn't censored?
>>
>>317647850
Ok thanks anon
>>
>>317640941
good. I'm glad the korean SJWs finally did something about this. hopefully those little loli girls in skimpy clothing is the next to go.
>>
>>317640941
Was the game supposed to be any good?
>>
>>317640941
So stop talking about it. Let it die as a game with no hype.
>>
>>317648076
Only thing being "censored" is a few side quests thanks to the localization team, costumes are totally uncensored.
>>
File: 1442089902690.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442089902690.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
You know, I'm not one of those, "Censoring games is there worst thing ever and removing a skimpy outfit complete ruins the entire game for me" people, but... the extent of censoring lately is a bit off. It's mostly from games coming to NA who seem to think Canda, the US and like countries dislike underwear and are offended by pretty typically, even fairly conservative swimsuits.

I noted this in the Fatal Frame censorship thing, the swimsuits they removed were pointless, and removing them did nothing to hurt the game, but the swimsuits were tame. They were common. I live near a beach, actual people, women, teenagers and girls wear far less at actual real beaches right here. The underwear being censored in some of these games is more covering than scenes in TV shows you'd see on normal TV channels, not even specialty channels like HBO that can go full skimpy or nude. Not all of it, some of the underwear in these games, that's being censored, is skimpy, but it's underwear people actual wear that you can see in real life, in media and more right here in NA.

I from NA. I have no idea why foreign people have gotten it in their heads that skimpy clothes, swimsuits and underwear offend us.

We aren't prudes. Seeing a woman or a guy in a swimsuit doesn't offend me. Seeing a video game character in their underwear, a skimpy outfit, bikini armor and or even nude isn't necessary to a game but it doesn't offend me.

I have no idea why people think this stuff needs censored, especially when the main audience for some of these games that are being censored LIKE the very things they're censoring. I just don't get it.
>>
>>317648365
Of course not.
>>
>>317640941
>more covering clothing
yeah
nah

top shows more skin
EU fag here, I'd prefer the top desu
>>
>>317648350
>korean
Nah it's the western localization team. The koreans don't give a fuck.
>>
I called it.

I called it as soon as I heard it was coming over.

Y'all only have yourselves to blame if you got hyped.

Around Nexon, you get rekt son.

That was shitty but so is Nexon.
>>
>>317640941
Someone on their forums said it best;

"We wanted translators, instead we got writers."

What these assholes are doing isn't really localisation. They are just winging it as they go along. And changing shit that they don't agree with.

If they want to change some names I can live with that, but changing an entire quest line that apparently fucks up some other in game stuff just because they personally aren't 'comfortable' with the content is just straight up fucked.
>>
>>317648861
>I noted this in the Fatal Frame censorship thing, the swimsuits they removed were pointless, and removing them did nothing to hurt the game
It did hurt the game. One of the characters was a former gravure model and this was part of the story, including a cutscene that's a flashback to a photoshoot where she's in the swimsuit and is monologuing about how she's disgusted and how she felt like a piece of meat. The localisation just put her in her normal outfit for that scene.
You can't pretend that doesn't fuck with the story.
>>
>>317640941
Dude the cami is waaaay hotter
>>
>>317649132
....no? She is describing how she felt, do you have no imagination or what?
>>
Blame Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn.
>>
>>317649306
>Oh god I'm fucking disgusted by how I'm such a slut and I'm just a piece of meat for people to masturbate to because I did a totally normal photoshoot in conservative everyday dress
>>
>>317649408
>I'm literally too stupid to picture what kind of outfits she was made to wear to feel like that. I would much rather be given a picture than let my mind wander to things worse than even the creators of the game could come up with.
>>
>>317649132
I still think the main issue is the reasons why these games are being censored. It's this misinformed idea that westerners are offended in mass by harmless nonsense like underwear, swimsuits and outfits you can see any time and any day in reality. If the reality doesn't offend people, and it's even something people do all on their own, then the digital depiction of such things certainly doesn't offend them.

Now maybe it offended someone on the localization team, I don't know, but most people in the west are not prudes. I enjoy going to the beach on weekends. I know for a fact people where I live aren't prudes, you'll see worse at an actual beach than the FF swimsuits.

And as has been pointed out the censored version here: >>317640941 is actually more revealing. I can actually see more skin. The only thing that's changed is the outfit went from a stylish and well designed three piece that covered neck to thighs to really plain and boring two piece that only really covers the crotch and breasts leaving the back and tummy exposed. They'd actually shown us more, not less. The real crime is they've gotten rid of a nice looking outfit, not that they removed skin, because there's actually more skin on display.
>>
File: 1429929437026.jpg (68 KB, 530x407) Image search: [Google]
1429929437026.jpg
68 KB, 530x407
>>317645553
>>
>>317649674
You stupid fucking faggot, the game literally had her wearing the actual outfit in question in said photoshoot because the game is talking about that fucking photoshoot.
>Just imagine what she was wearing!
Why not just imagine the whole game, you dumb fucker?
>>
>>317649808
It has nothing to do with the localisation team changing it because they think it's offensive to the masses, they change it because they are personally offended by it. The caps haven't been posted in this thread for some reason but there were several dev posts in the last thread about this where the localisation editor was saying he rewrote the quests because he found them problematic.
>>
>>317649808
Your argument is worthless because the outfit was changed purely for character sculpting process. All the other outfits are the same, including swimsuits.
>>
>>317649674
Honestly, at this point, you could just say, "Why don't you just imagine the entire game?" and it would make about as much sense. Like movies/film, games have a general rule when it comes to good story telling, "Show, don't tell."
>>
>>317649808
They haven't fucking gotten rid of anything, they just changed which outfit is shown during the character creation. The other outfit is still in the game.
>>
>>317649897
So what? Are you literally such a pedestrian faggot that you think "oh man, censorship!" instead of "oh wow if they are not showing the outfit then it must have been real fucking bad."

What a miserable little life you must lead.
>>
>>317640941
>empowered
>fist clenched
>always frowning
>always angry

What kind of idiots think that is empowering?
>>
I have a feeling Omeed is using this as a PR stunt, there's no way that they would allow Lyns not to be censored if they were gonna censor something like a sidequest.
>>
>>317650159
>you think "oh man, censorship!" instead of "oh wow if they are not showing the outfit then it must have been real fucking bad."
Yes, because they did fucking censor it, and it wasn't that bad, and it makes no fucking sense to not show the outfit in a goddamn scene talking about the outfit, you braindead fucking moron.
>>
>>317650202
>>317647850
>>
best thing people can do now is reaching out to the devs and telling them they are changing the story of the game

why the fuck do we have stupid cunts localizing this shit
>>
>>317650131
>>317650029
Why not have an option to take it off/on that would be the best solution
>>
Any censorship on the male characters?
>>
>>317650029
Fair enough. I'm glad to hear that, the black outfit that is being represented as replaced is much nicer looking than the more revealing two piece.

>>317650028
I'm afraid that we're talking about two different things. I'm unaware of any quests being altered, I was talking purely about the visuals (the outfit) the OP represented as being changed and using a comparison I knew more about (FF) as an example as to why I find such changes to be off. To me, not just that NA isn't all prudish and conservative as some think, there's real issue in expending resources, time effort and manpower to change and remove things that are already present. It's almost insane to my way of thinking to waste resources when you could just localize the dub and subs and interface and put it out there. From a money making standpoint wasting money you don't have to waste boggles me.

>>317650131
Well it's nice to know the OP was overblown then.
>>
>>317642254
all these womyn are proving is how fucking weak they are

The chinese are going to ravage these bitches when they come invading
>>
>>317650028
That doesn't make it a better form of censorship. I actually think it's worse because now the people who originally made the game, give it off to some 'localization team' who feel like they have to shelter us.
>>
>>317650552
>I'm afraid that we're talking about two different things. I'm unaware of any quests being altered
http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/11/blade-soul-censored-by-localization-team-to-make-it-more-welcoming/
>>
>>317640941
NCJew
>>
>>317650601
Of course that doesn't make it better, hell that just makes it worse. I was just saying, the localisation dipshits are just dipshits.
>>
You know what, I don't give a FUCK about female characters or female censoring, you know what change I'm really fucking pissed about?

Back in 2011, Lin weren't this cutesy fucking kawaii uguu race that summoned cats and shit, they were creepy, malevolent-looking things with shark-toothed smiles to offset their rabbit ears. And they summoned demons! But they didn't test well with the Korean market, who wanted a cutesy class to appeal to women, so we lost out on having an awesome race and instead got these shit little animals.
>>
>>317650594
Really? Because seems more like it is proving is how fucking retarded you are.
>>
So are the outfits still uncensored?

What exactly got censored? the story?
>>
Why the fuck does she look angry while posing in her underwear? I hate tumblr.
>>
>>317640941

>oh my god a shit korean cash shop MMO is being localized by SJW's

Who gives a fuck? Dont give them money, and be clear about why they arent getting yours on the forums.
>>
>>317650728
Ah okay, falsify thought you were making a case otherwise.
>>
File: 7bhnYrMS.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
7bhnYrMS.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
>>317650789
kill yourself sjw
>>
>>317649132
exactly, the whole fucking scene was presented in such a way to make the player feel fucking uncomfortable with what was going on, the scenes and her monologue

changing that shit to a normal outfit completely changes that scene

its fucking retarded that we have these prudes, in charge of these things
>>
We need some kind of database to make it easier to see which versions of games are censored before buying. It's not like they advertise this stuff, and randomly seeing it get mentioned on /v/ is not a good way of educating yourself.
>>
>>317642254
I really could rewrite this entire post with the way modern television portrays men in regards to the way I grew up and how I had to realize that this too is all bullshit and entirely different things are expected of a man if he wants to be attractive.
>>
>>317642254
>characters in tv, movies, games, etc. had a bad effect on me growing up
This bitch needs to He-Man the fuck up.
>>
File: 1417356576824.png (104 KB, 390x295) Image search: [Google]
1417356576824.png
104 KB, 390x295
>>317650871
>>
>>317650970
>>>tumblr
>>
>>317650623
apparently its not just the quest, but other story elements as well
>>
>>317650897
>the whole fucking scene was presented in such a way to make the player feel fucking uncomfortable with what was going on
To go on a tangent, this is perhaps what bothers me most about these censoring fuckwads who keep screwing up localisations because some content made them uncomfortable. Fiction should not always be your hugbox, good fiction should make you feel unsure, it should challenge your perceptions, it should make you feel uncomfortable with what's going on. There is nothing fucking wrong with that because it's just fiction.
>>
File: 1446600932563.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1446600932563.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>317650970
day of the rope is coming for your kind
>>
File: 1435817614495.jpg (115 KB, 305x297) Image search: [Google]
1435817614495.jpg
115 KB, 305x297
>>317651048
>>
File: 1446184778075.jpg (267 KB, 1073x1428) Image search: [Google]
1446184778075.jpg
267 KB, 1073x1428
>>317650759
That version of Lyn does sound pretty awesome. I remember an old trailer for B&S long before the localization was announced where this old Lyn dude turned into this giant muscled beast form and laid down the Lynlaw on some baddies. Shit was pretty damn cash.

But I like the "tiny old dude" characters that turn into hulking beasts of destruction like Rishi from DB and the Master from Fairytale so... I'm biased.
>>
>>317650952
I can only hope someone will actually do that on whatever forum that is.
>>
File: feminism and video games.jpg (638 KB, 1920x795) Image search: [Google]
feminism and video games.jpg
638 KB, 1920x795
T-thanks, feminists!

I sure am glad I included you in my hobbies!
>>
>>317651158
>rishi
Well fuck me, I meant Roshi.
>>
>>317650970

>get called out
>"lol you just say SJW lol boogeyman"

Yeah, nah, fuck you.
>>
>>317651135
>>317650970
>SJW are so dumb they think anything they propose at the time can be considered as a basis for a debate

They are this deluded
O
P
K
E
K
>>
>>317650623
One really does have to wonder if the actual devs know this is happening. And whether there is some clauses in the contract with the localisers that will fuck them over for doing this.

Not to mention isn't this change hypocritical as fuck to the SJW doctrines? I mean aren't they white washing another culture's actual cultural story because they aren't comfortable with it? Isn't that colonialism or one of those other buzzwords they always spew?

I love how the SJW doctrines are self cannibalising.
>>
File: 1418368099924.jpg (21 KB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
1418368099924.jpg
21 KB, 286x225
>>317651129
>>
>>317651223
Was bayonetta censored? It was my understanding that they just threw a fit over her because she was sexy.
>>
>>317651135

Can you do anything but post pictures you found on the internet?
>>
>>317650298
>legitimately too stupid to figure out the scene was about how she felt and not the outfit

Wow anon, you are dumb. Almost as dumb as the guy that keeps samefagging his deranged antiwomen shit that got him banned from the game's forums, gets shat on in generals and even got banished from leddit.
>>
File: 1430593801228.jpg (111 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1430593801228.jpg
111 KB, 400x300
>>317651256
>>
>>317651310
keep digging that hole. It's only just moving you up on the list
>>
>>317651262
SJWs have never stopped for a second to worry about how hypocritical they're being.
>>
>SJWs don't have any power anyway
>ignore them and they will go away
>so what if Anita is holding speeches to rooms full of developers? they're not going to listen
>the free market will fix it

you lied to me, /v/
>>
Should i get a refund for this?

how censored is it? someone give me the rundown.
>>
>>317651354
Can you do anything but post whine about the SJW bogyman?
>>
>>317650970
Legitimate question, given how "social justice" is starting to move further into the public consciousness, with news reporting about protests on college campuses and such, and given that there are a number of people--women included--who view social justice with a negative opinion, what is the end result you think is likely to come about from SJWism?
>>
>>317651346
Bayonetta were made with english language from the ground up.
Even in Japan the english is the official language and the Jap audio is the dub.

Nintendo directly publish the game as it is to the west.
>>
>>317651360
It was about how she felt because she was being photographed while wearing the outfit, you retarded motherfucker.
>>
File: v killed nintendo.jpg (278 KB, 1845x683) Image search: [Google]
v killed nintendo.jpg
278 KB, 1845x683
>>317651512
We literally cheered for the worst of them and now they're out of control.
>>
File: 1387269930068.gif (118 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1387269930068.gif
118 KB, 500x375
>>317651462
>>
>>317651512
this is why it's important to voice your dissent when people censor media
>>
>>317651421

Guess not. +1.
>>
>>317651608
Okay that's what I thought.

The image confused me because it was thrown in there with lots of other characters that had been censored.
>>
>>317651262
>actual cultural story

That's hilarious. No. It isn't a "cultural story". Blade & Soul is to Korean mythology what Supernatural is to Christianity.
>>
>>317640941
Man I'm glad I'm not American.

Do prefer the stances of the NA version, though. I wouldn't be able to play the lewd stance one. I'd just feel silly.
>>
File: 1410488404605.webm (3 MB, 461x720) Image search: [Google]
1410488404605.webm
3 MB, 461x720
>>317651346
I don't think Bayonetta was censored, but I remember Anita twisting her panties in a rage over the game's "male gaze," and I remember a Bayonetta subway advertisement that triggered a lot of roasties into crying rape.
>>
>>317650949
Anon you might be onto something here. That would be an effective tool against this sort of stuff. If the site got enough exposure that it actually put the fear into these localisers that overstep their role, we will have won.

And the thing is it doesn't have to be a completely negative thing either. If something has to get censored for legal reasons (e.g. Loli in a country that bans it), it can easily be stated on the site.

And you would immediately be able to see the contrast of those who do it because they literally have to, and those that do it because they fragile little snowflakes.
>>
File: 1411297643405.jpg (6 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
1411297643405.jpg
6 KB, 212x200
>>317651690
>>
>>317651710
I think the idea is that feminists are book burning. Destroying copies of media that contain ideas they disagree with, attempting to control what people create.
>>
>>317640941
Is it so hard to understand that censorship should be considered wrong?

Why is everyone entering this huge arguments about gender, immaturity, maturity, equality and what ever the fuck else? None of that matters, censorship is wrong and that's it.
>>
>>317651360
Did you even watch that scene?
The dialogue is vague as fuck and the scene need the right outfit not just to convey the emotion, but the fact that she worked as a bikini model.
>>
File: Lyn.png (340 KB, 386x424) Image search: [Google]
Lyn.png
340 KB, 386x424
>>317651262
If the devs wanted censorship Lyn cosutmes would be censored, none of the costumes were censored so I'm honestly thinking it's just the localization team at this point.
>>
>>317643389
Yeah, pretty much. Especially sad when you consider the impact that brand of feminism has on women who enjoy the female body such as, I dunno, lesbians.
>>
>>317650952
>>317651213
It is somewhere in here;
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139406-open-discussion-with-english-localization/page-1

Or here;
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/139206-what-did-you-do-to-the-story-spoilers/page-3

Can't remember where though.

Be our hero anon.
>>
>>317651814
What's a roastie?
>>
File: this triggers the SJW.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
this triggers the SJW.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>317651848
>>317650949
do something like The Frame Rate Police

except it's called The Male Gaze Police and it tells you if bikinis have been removed from the game by the Matriarchy.
>>
>>317640941
Why can't they just make that shit like poses optional? If you want to play a slut then do it, if you want to be a strong womyn that don't need no man then fine.

Locking that starter outfit behind a paywall is just heinous though.
>>
>>317651814
This is what needs to be done. If developers keep listening to them things will get worse and worse. From simple things as body modifications who knows what else will then start being censored by other group of people.
>>
>>317650949
>>317651848
You could make a Wikia page, like the /v/'s recommended games Wiki. That's all it'd need, really.

> If something has to get censored for legal reasons (e.g. Loli in a country that bans it), it can easily be stated on the site.
This has literally never happened.
>>
>>317651512
Ignoring them doesn't make them go away, but antagonizing them makes them much stronger, much faster.

>Tropes vs. Women in Video Games would have just barely made its four-figure goal if /v/ hadn't sent death threats and triggered a hundred thousand dollar pity donation rush
>Zoe Quinn would have given up on making games after her Twine puke failed if /v/ hadn't become her ex-boyfriend's personal army
>>
>>317651712
My understanding about the quest was that it was an old parable sort of thing about karma and how it will bite you in the ass if you are a bad person.

Regardless this team has still looked at something made by another culture, and said 'No, your culture is wrong so we shall fix this'.

It is the same sort of shit they always complain about.
>>
>>317651639
Even back then I thought it was retarded but saying anything would have triggered those faggots off due to their e3 high.
>>
>>317650949
>>317651848
>>317652074
I think that's the smartest approach. Developers won't listen if the best you can tell them is "censorship is wrong". The most you can do is raise awareness of how often publishers and developers are self-censoring based on the whining of tumblrwhales.
>>
>>317640941
This is such blatant sjw pandering. I almost wish they tried to make some kind of excuse instead of being so upfront about their moral code.
>>
>>317652129
See >>317647850
>>
>>317652289
Lingerie models are not Korean culture.
>>
If I had any motivation or drive I'd learn japanese and join this localization industry and fight against this shit.
>>
>>317652214
Not yet, but it could. I was just trying to think of a plausible example. Perhaps I should have gone with the established bullshit change that was made to C&C Generals for its German release.

>>317652392
You would also be able to see which teams are doing it the most, and for what reason.

Hell it could be useful for devs as well so they can see who they think best fits them. And know who to avoid.
>>
>>317640941
>mmos
lel, who the fuck care about this crap except weebs
>>
>>317652015
I think it's the female version of neckbeard.
>>
>>317652709
And how is that related to that guy post?

>pro-censorship trying to undermine these issue by pretending the script alteration didn't happen and act as if the only thing that were censored is the outfit
>>
>>317652223
Are you talking about the threats that the police deemed not concerning? The ones that the professional victims you're talking about screencap and tweet despite the protocol for death threats being "Don't broadcast your knowledge of the threats. Don't respond"? The ones they screencap 59 seconds after they're made, with the screencap showing they weren't even signed in when they received them?

Despite this you still show how controlled you are by siding with them. Their entire goal was to distort the issue, and take the spotlight off journalists and propagandists by vilifying gamers and people like you fell for it.
>>
>>317650430
Niche gamer is already at it. But it might help even more if we do it too....
>>
>>317652709
I'm talking about the changes to the quest line about getting that pervert a wife out of revenge or whatever, not the outfits you idiot.

On top of the fact that mythology is a part of culture.

Please tell me that you aren't just assuming that everyone here is bitching about the outfits and not the actual pointless changes they are making to the game due to feelings.
>>
So wait, they changed a sexy animation too? I feel like this is bad only because they said it was uncensored to start development. Now they are riding the independent women train. They can't have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>people pretending that leaving in a quest in which you steal clothes from bathing women to give a guy a boner wouldn't cause the wrath of shitty sites like polygon and shitaku; thus causing a bunch of pink haired harpies to descend upon the product

Surely not even /v/ is this retarded, right?
>>
>>317653175
>Thinking that major gaming media gives a shit about no-name Korean grindfest #534540694
Surely you're not this retarded, right?
>>
http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/report-blade-soul-alteredcensored-for-questionable-material-in-western-release/

>While this is one instance of censorship, the staffer goes on to mention that in its original form the questline “made pretty much everyone on the team really uncomfortable.” They further slammed the original content:
>"It’s one thing to have content in a mature-rated game that addresses sexuality or plays around with adult humor, but another entirely where it makes use of crass and frankly misogynistic concepts. That sort of thing just isn’t funny and it raised way more concerns than it did laughs."

B-B-BUT THEY JUST CHANGED THE POSES AND CLOTHING BECAUSE PEOPLE COULDNT SEE THE MODEL!!!!!!
>>
>>317653175
>kotaku, polygon and people that wouldn't play the game to begin with
Who cares what they think.
>>
File: 4153346_std.jpg (17 KB, 360x233) Image search: [Google]
4153346_std.jpg
17 KB, 360x233
>>317640941
>CARING
>ABOUT
>NCSOFT
>SHIT
HOLY HELL YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>317653175
>lets censor this M-rated game that feature sexy women because some 'journalist' will hate you for it

Surely you are not that retarded right?
Do you want every single dev in the world bend over to a bunch of crazy women and dude because they would be....angry?
>>
>>317640941
>empowering poses
It's like they told a 12 year old girl to try looking tough
>>
>>317653175
And much like when they did that with Dragon's Crown, all it will do is raise awareness of the game and increase sales.

Kotaku and Polygon are stupid enough to believe they have some sort of influence when they really don't. And the audience they pander to doesn't even buy/play games.

Really that is the best thing that could happen to the game at this point.
>>
File: 1441245788575.png (5 KB, 120x320) Image search: [Google]
1441245788575.png
5 KB, 120x320
>NCSoft
Man, that brings me back.
Anybody here played Lineage II?
>>
>>317642385
Please hire me.
>>
>>317653409
/v/ and retards like them wouldn't play the game if it did not have boobies.
>>
AY YO Got a link to the poll from their forums!

Nows your time To SHINE /v/

http://strawpoll.me/6075779
>>
You should be more worried about the shitty gameplay
>>
>>317653641
Except they already changed and buckled to pressure.
>>
>>317640941
I'm getting really fucking sick of these censorship threads. We get it, this woman is wearing more clothes in the US release than the Japanese release.
>>
>>317653792
>all these choices
fucking normalfags can't do shit right

>are you happy with the changes?
>yes
>no
there. that's all you have to do. none of this 'well I'm not happy but I'm still gonna suck ncsoft's fat corporate dick' bullshit
>>
>>317653904
For 20 years, this wasn't even a problem, but in the past like, 5 years for some reason all the kids have their panties in a twice over it, presumably because they're too retarded to patch shit, use a VPN, or just play VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>317653781
>its all about the boobies

Nobody in this world have the rights to tell others what to feel or think.
Nobody in this world have the rights to alter the work of anybody because its emotionally disturbing to them.

Its not about what has been censored, its all about the censorship itself.
>>
>>317653904
You are always free to go to another thread and engage in your own conversation.
>>
>>317650623
>http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/11/blade-soul-censored-by-localization-team-to-make-it-more-welcoming/

The end of the article points out just how bad it's gotten with this link:

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/11/blade-soul-censorship-discussions-e-mail-campaigns-get-censored-by-mods/

You can't even tell them that you dislike that they're censoring it, even the intended audience telling them what they want won't change their mind. They're censoring the game for people that have no interest in it and putting off the only audience that was.
>>
>>317643024
It changes the motive
>>
>>317653373
>western localization teams deciding which content is morally acceptable in a korean game
>having more respect for whining manginas and smelly radfems than video game developers who actually create this content
>>
File: 1391078528819.jpg (295 KB, 1377x844) Image search: [Google]
1391078528819.jpg
295 KB, 1377x844
>okay, we fucked wildstar's shit up, what's another upcoming mmo we can ruin? oh blade and soul looks really problematic.
>>
>>317653893
No, the shitty localisers made their own decision to do this shit. There was no caving into public pressure, the 'writers' (they call themselves this) just decided it was 'problematic' and changed it because they have the power to do so apparently.

No one is even sure if the devs know they are butchering quests and breaking other shit by doing that. Or such is my understanding.
>>
>>317653641
Sure maybe because of this some more morons will care about the game but it will not last because a shit game with sexy women is still a shit game. Dragon's Crown had more going for it than just the Sorceress' big breasts.
>>
>>317652392
This sounds actually like a good idea
>>
>>317654069
Well, the same thing happened with TERA. When it was found that the Elin would be censored there was protesting for days, and they just completely disregarded it, and then started deleting all discussion of it.
>>
>>317654176
Okay, fuck off. The Wildstar change effected two races, races whose animations were COMPLETELY FUCKED because of their tit sizes. Their tits were LITTERALLY SO HUGE THAT THEIR FUCKING ATTACK ANIMATIONS WERE BUSTED

They saw the chance to take free PR and they took, a practice that Carbine has now made their mainstay of advertising.

They later reintroduced body choices, with tits even BIGGER than the original, but with correct rigging. It had nothing to do, in actuality, for MUH SJW CENSORS. There are a hundred actual problems with Wildstar, and that's not one of them.
>>
>>317651118
>Fiction should not always be your hugbox, good fiction should make you feel unsure, it should challenge your perceptions, it should make you feel uncomfortable with what's going on.
This is stuff the tumblrites used to say when they wanted to justify their sensationalist "art" crap
>>
File: 1422817205635.jpg (47 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1422817205635.jpg
47 KB, 430x430
>>317640941
Why is it always the fucking autists on 4chan who bring up the most retarded things to bitch about
>Bravely default DLC skin is censored!
>TERA loli elins are censored!
>B&S is censored!
>It's always some pedo class, or pedo-esque class, or actually genuinely little kids (agnes is 15 in BD)
>>
>>317653781
That's unrelated to the question asked.
>>
>>317654176
>spot the difference
>women have unrealistic proportions
>men have unrealistic proportions
WHAT WAS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE
>>
>>317654441
Seriously, the only positive thing about gook mmos is skimpy anime character creation. Take that away and it's just be a simple purely smelly shitfest
>>
File: 1423718848171.png (98 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1423718848171.png
98 KB, 499x499
>>317654176
I'm glad Wildstar bombed
>>
>>317654037
Plenty of people have the right to tell you how to think and feel, and even to control your actions and what you see and don't see. That's why laws exist.

The issue here isn't that. The issue here is content being censored that was always rated and okayed for the rating the game was given. It was created by people that were okay with the content and the rating. It was released to people that were okay with the content and the rating. And now it's being translated for people that were in many cases already playing the game with a fan made english patch so they were okay with the content and rating. But that localization is being changed, censored, as if the intended audience wanted or needed such things to be censored.

All it is, is a waste of money and time and manpower to remove and change things. Resources that don't need to be spent. From a business standpoint it's insane. You're not only wasting resources but making the intended audience for your product angry by altering from the state in which they were already happy with it.

All because the localization team was offended by it? They aren't the audience. They aren't spending their money on pre-ording the game or getting special access or in its cash shop. The localization team COSTS money, it doesn't give money.

Pissing off the people that wanted to give you money for the product prior to the censorship is absolute insanity.
>>
>>317654441
It sounds like it's more than a change of underwear. Going by what others have said, it seems the story itself is getting changed somewhat.

>>317654578
I like games with in depth character creation, and the Wuxian style is enjoyable. Also, forget skimpy. Cute as fuck Lyns is where BnS is at.
>>
>>317654421
There's literally nothing wrong with tumblrites making shitty "art" games for other stupid tumblrites to play and jerk off over. They can have their shitty games and we can have our games. The problem becomes when they come to our games and start demanding that our games be changed to suit their wants, or in this case, changing the games themselves.
>>
>>317640941
This thread again, what the fuck? no one will care about this gook shit if it not about muh censored SJW stuff. Fuck off shill
>>
>>317654390
and in the long run the tera team have brought in all sorts of skimpy outfits especially for the elin because they sell REALLY fucking well

which proves how pointless the initial censorship was
>>
>>317654390
Because statistically it's so minor that it doesn't matter so they can do that and it doesn't matter.
>>
>>317654715
>it seems the story itself is getting changed somewhat
>mmos story
Fucking lol, who the fuck care about this crap
>>
>>317654441
In the North American and European versions of Bravely Default, all of the characters have been aged up by 3 years. They are all 17+.
>>
File: elin.png (328 KB, 506x343) Image search: [Google]
elin.png
328 KB, 506x343
>>317654578
But that's the thing, 99% of the skimpiness is STILL there

Take TERA elin for example. They STILL have their 9 year old loli class with a thong battle armor on, just instead of it being just the thong, now their is a smaller layer of boyshorts around the thong. The amount of creepiness a person has to tack on to make this argument valid is deeply concerning
>>
File: 1389394171274.png (25 KB, 627x442) Image search: [Google]
1389394171274.png
25 KB, 627x442
>>317654715
>>
>>317654345
I'm not trying to compare sales, I am just pointing out that it likely wouldn't have the negative effect that anon thought it would.
>>
>>317654962
No one needs to justify being against censorship, you need to justify it.
>>
>>317654894
Themepark MMOs are, for the most part, cookie cutter versions of each other mechanically. Even Blade & Soul, which has good combat mechanics, is otherwise pretty standard (read: stale) in its quest mechanics. Without story to differentiate these games, there's almost no difference between them. So of course story matters.
>>
>>317654629
>That's why laws exist
laws exist to tell you how to act, or how not to act. thought policing is an entirely different subject and it's one that turns law and order into a system of witch hunts. it opposes freedom of speech, it opposes free will and discourages creativity. it's basically everything video games should be against.
>>
>>317655080
I don't need to justify my position, but you need to justify yours!

Nah, faggot
>>
>>317654962
At least with TERA you can patch and uncensor the game. Plus, after the initial wave of armors, Carbine gave up censoring the Elins. All their new armor is just as lewd as it is in Korea without any new censorship since they realized it was one of the only reasons people played their game.
>>
File: 1425424870935.jpg (106 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1425424870935.jpg
106 KB, 500x650
>>317654894
Eh, I liked what was translated so far. In general I like Wuxian things, so it's just down to opinions.
>>
>>317655146
Yeah, bitch.

You started it so you justify first.
>>
>>317654962
>99% of the skimpiness is STILL there
>except her belly is completely covered and shes wearing shorts too
>99% still there
ebin
simply ebin
>>
>>317655103
>kill x in red circle
>collect y in blue circle
Just grind your daily quests, fag
>>
>>317654629
I completely agree with you on everything you wrote, but what I was trying to do is call out on these faggot who screams 'its just an outfit', when its not entirely true.

Law exist, but these people are not acting by it and censoring creator work just because its against their own justification.
Not to mention that, with the power in their hand, dictate what others can see, read, and feel.
>>
>>317654441
ugh this to be honest :/
>>
>>317655243
>In general I like Wuxian
Can't tell you otherwise with that shit taste. keep fighting your shit fight man :^)
>>
>>317655252
You two should just hug it out and justify eachother already.
>>
misogyny just sucks because the people who don't understand the sexual differences are different are stupid and the people who try to ruin everything about games with anything at all in it are just as stupid

if there's slutty outfits in games, who cares as long as there's also some normal ones? i guess it's different if there's only one or the other but some people need to shut the fuck up, arguing for censorship in games where there is options anyway is an extremely slippery slope and starts pushing into artistic freedom and expression
>>
>>317655080
While I don't agree with censorship in theory, ultimately it does not affect my gameplay experience. I will not be playing a female character, I do not play Blade & Soul to ogle female characters.
>>
File: 1433718786614.gif (3 MB, 299x152) Image search: [Google]
1433718786614.gif
3 MB, 299x152
>>317655252
No, technically the action was to remove or alter the slutty armor
YOUR position was to revert it back
A company and many people have already accepted the decision of censorship, you have to provide counter-arguments to revert it back

>>317655348
>Amani, Castanic, Elf, and Human female gear still the exact same
>Only elin undergarments altered mildly, and even then, old pre tier-14 gear
>not 99%
jesus /v/, /vg/ was right, you guys ONLY play for the pedo race
>>
>>317655375
>you can't view this outfit because we think its harmful for you
>you can't read this story because we think its inappropriate for you

And now

>please play the game the way we want you to
>>
>>317642254
Holy shit what a whiny bitch. All of those things are just delusions, TV doesn't make anyone think they have to be a certain way unless you are a weak loser. I see strong tough guys on TV all the time and I'm a scrawny faggot but I don't let it get to my head and ruin my life. The truth is that this bitch just wants to ruin other peoples fun because it makes her feel uncomfortable. She won't admit it because that would be admitting to a fault so instead she blames the rest of the world for her insecurities.
>>
>>317655348
That said they gave up on censoring the Elin long term. For several patches now all armor for Elin is 100% uncensored.It was a waste of resources to censor it when the main audience actively seemed to enjoy the uncensored content. So not only leveling armor but cash shop costumes are entirely uncensored now.

It proves just how idiotic the initial censoring was. The reality is they lost more money by spending time censoring it than was worth it, and the uncensored stuff, especially in the cash shop, actively makes money. That shit, especially for the Elin, is fucking popular. You'll be hard pressed to find non-elin in Tera these days and the grand majority of them go for the skimpiest shit possible.

Sex. Always. Sells.

Moral policing does not.
>>
>>317655647
>Elin being censored
>1%
Did you even play Tera lmao
Elin being censored meant 70% of the population was censored
>>
>>317655375
That's the fucking point I was making. Games are mechanically the same fucking thing, so if you don't care about a game's storyline, there's no reason to choose one MMO over another.
>>
>>317655760
That's not how the numbers work retard
100 people could only be on server, and all play elin, but the amount of gear that has been altered in the game is still ~1%
>>
>>317655647
>>317655760
Oh and btw, female castanic/human also had censorship you inbred, it just wasn't as obvious
>>
>>317655761
Why the hell are you even care about mmos storyline? and the story in this shit is fucking retard too
>>
>>317655618
>ultimately it does not affect my gameplay experience

It doesn't.

But the point is not about the object that were censored, it was the censorship itself.
These people have the power to dictate what we, as a consumer, can view or not.These people have the power to alter the content that the dev create based on their own emotion and justification.

These kind of thing should never be allowed and the people who did this should be called out for.
>>
Do any of you fuckers realize how sad you sound trying to argue for a company censoring its own content to fit the market, when all that content amounts to is how sexy some polygons look to you?

Like, /v/ tries to make these arguments all highbrow, like it's gonna be a slippery slope where people are forced by SJWs to start censoring books and shit, "I didn't speak up when they came for the Jews" and shit, but really you're just arguing because you can't beat your dick to a video game character.
>>
>>317655148
>>317655712
https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/BHS-Elin-saved-Tera
> What's important is never giving up. If we didn't bother with Elin school swimsuits because Tera was unpopular in Japan back then, Tera right now would be in a completely different state.

It's quite clear that TERA would only have been more successful if it hadn't been censored.
>>
>>317655671
Literally only 1 quest about stealing some sluts clothes and what worse? no nudity for your virgin eyes, get fuck weeaboo.
>>
>>317656126
They're censoring the story content this time, not the costumes.

Arguably, that's a bit more important.
>>
>>317655889
>That's not how the numbers work retard

>5 races with females in the game
>1 of them censored completely (Elin)
>1%
Lemme quote you on this one
"That's not how the numbers work retard"
Because that's 20%

AND
All females except femani were censored, you can literally google for the uncensored outfits of other races
Here's an example

It's way more than 1% you literal assbreather
>SJWs are this retarded
>>
>>317656235
>Literally only 1 quest
Only one that's been detailed. They've already stated that they're making more changes.
>>
>>317656235
>stealing
>implying it's not just press f on the highlight object
This game is fucking trash
>>
>>317656070
>who care about the outfit
>who care about the story lol

Whats next?
>>
>>317656126
You're a fool if you think SJWs wouldn't censor more than this if given the opportunity. That's their entire strategy, shame people into self censorship because they can't directly censor most things.
>>
>>317656126
You misunderstand who exactly is doing the censoring. The main team are the ones who created the initial game. Those people hired a different group of people to go into the game and 'localize' it. It just so happened that the team they hired are triggered by the game so when they translate the dialog, they are rewriting it to fit their emotions.
>>
>>317656107
>These people
>the people who did this should be called out
You make it sound like they're not working with the dev team. You do realize it's the same team of people, right? NCSOFT doesn't have a separate team of developers on this end for the game whose sole purpose it is to censor things for the west.
>>
>>317656235
Censorship is still wrong regardless.

No name calling would change this and neither does what you feel about the content that were censored.
>>
>>317656373
>who care about the outfit
Why the hell are you always put words into people mouth? did you do this with your mom too?
>>
File: 1420234036945.jpg (514 KB, 1691x1127) Image search: [Google]
1420234036945.jpg
514 KB, 1691x1127
>>317656323
>covering that beautiful ass
>>
>>317656202
Holy shit that is hilarious and only makes me want to play TERA.
>>
File: 1444627036320.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1444627036320.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>317656107
Get a load of this fucking entitlement. It's their product, and as such they can dictate how their assets come out or are presented. Are you going to demand that Square Enix release a Lara Croft skin where she is ass naked?

>>317656323
Wow you can do basic math and percentages. It's not race %, but total armor in the game files that has been altered you living afterbirth, which equates to again, ~1%
>>
>>317656354
And the rest are generic go kill and collect shit quest, whoah. Even that stealing clothes quest is just another collect shit too
>>
>>317656395
Yeah but all they're censoring is whether or not you get to see some polygons wearing lingerie. This is the same like the fucking Elin thing that people got so up in arms about, not being about to see a little polygonal girl's polygon belly, or dress her up in a polygon thong.
>>
File: hammah.jpg (27 KB, 419x304) Image search: [Google]
hammah.jpg
27 KB, 419x304
>>317640941
Shit man, watch some porn if you just can't play without thinking of touching your dick. That shit model ain't even sexy, the fuck.
>>
>>317656669
That's because that is all they can get away with. If they could they would make every character black and make the story as inoffensive as possible (ie utter shit).
>>
>>317656357
>go there and standing there and press f on the highlight object to collect the object
>steal
Fucking mmos, what the fuck is steal about this?
>>
>>317655889
This is true, but unfortunately if you're going by races Elin are one of a solid number. Each race has roughly equal the amounts of armor on a single gender as the elin so you count single gender races once and two gender races twice and then you do the math.

So there are 7 races.

If we're doubling up due to gender we come to a number that is 11.

If we were even talking 10 the Elin alone would make up 10% of the game's player armor models and the majority of the population play Elin. With 11 it's little different. 1% isn't on the nose at all. Most (cash shop) costumes are still released for female characters because more people in Tera play female characters, and Elin specific stuff is massively popular.

1%? That doesn't even get close to just how popular the Elin are, and since the devs stopped censoring Elin armor and costumes they've only become more popular and more profitable. Not less.
>>
>>317656579
Not him, but its still dumb. Why cover that nice ass? Because it makes you uncomfy? Fuck yourself off a bridge.
>>
>>317656579
it's not their product, it's some korean dev's. they're altering the product, retard.
>>
>>317656070
You're seriously fucking retarded. Let me try and break this down one more time for you, and try to rub two fucking braincells together so you understand:

MOST MMOs PLAY THE EXACT FUCKING SAME. IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN SHIT.

THE ONLY THING THAT DIFFERENTIATES THEM IS THE STORYLINE.

ERGO, IF YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE STORY, ANY MMO WILL SUFFICE.

Fuck, it's like when Alice asked the Cheshire Cat which way she should go, and she was like, "Well I don't know." WELL THEN IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHICH WAY YOU GO, DOES IT? Goddamn, people on /v/ are stupid. If you don't care about storyline, you have no particular reason to care about one MMO over any other.
>>
>>317656579
It's different when the assets are one way in the original release, then toned down in other regional releases or further releases.

If Japan had a naked Lara skin, and the rest of the world was not offered it, then yes.

If there was never a naked Lara, then no.
>>
>>317656453
>You make it sound like they're not working with the dev team.

No, localization team most often or not, worked independently.
Only on a rare occasion that a game gets translated as the development goes on, and even when this happen the process it is done by the internal team.

Which is not the case here as the game in question is years after its initial release.

>NCSOFT doesn't have a separate team of developers on this end for the game whose sole purpose it is to censor things for the west.

Wrong again. This censorship were done by the localization team, under the publisher.
You have no idea how localization and publishing work didn't you?
>>
File: 1438245845796.gif (527 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
1438245845796.gif
527 KB, 256x360
>>317656126
It boils down to how badly these fuckwads want to ERP.

If they came out with the censored version first, no one would bat an eye, moms would still thinks its provocative, SJW's would still bitch and moan, and /v/ would still rub one out

But because they took just a little bit of skin off the model, then covered it up, the table turns and now /v/ thinks we're coming to shut down all of Japan and Korea because some 9 year old---excuse me, 5000 year old child looking creature's crotch is in panties rather than a gstring

pic very related, this image was "censored", but no one batted an eye because they didn't see the original sprite
>>
>>317656579
> It's not race %, but total armor in the game files that has been altered
>hes moving the goalpoasts again
Okay, sure, lets bring males into this discussion about censorship in video game outfits when they literally never get censored, sure, let's do the math again then:

All race/gender combos in the game:
Human - Male/Female
Amani - Male/Female
HElf - Male/Female
Castanic - Male/Female
Popori - Male/Female (Elin)
Baraka

Of these are censored:
femHuman
femHElf
femStanic
Elin

>4 out of 11 race gender combos censored, 4 out of 5 females censored
I want you to do the math again on how 4/11 is just 1%, I'll wait
>>
>>317656769
And if it's all that they can get away with, why are you even worried about it? Great, SJWs can censor some polygons, making it harder for me to jerk it to a video game. Wow, look at them take over the world.
>>
>>317656126
>company censoring its own content

The team that made Blade & Soul is not censoring their content. The western localization team is, with Nexon backing them, neither of whom had anything to do with the game's initial development and publishing.
>>
>>317656840
How dare you censor that polygon ass? I was beating it to that sweet topography and texture placement, fuck you with a rake SJWs!
>>
>>317656912
>MOST MMOs PLAY THE EXACT FUCKING SAME. IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN SHIT.
>THE ONLY THING THAT DIFFERENTIATES THEM IS THE STORYLINE.
>The chosen one to kill generic saturday cartoon villian with a lust for powerrrrrrrrrrrr
Skip it
>>
>>317657082
Well they shouldn't be censoring those anyways. It's unnecessary and stupid. What's wrong with appreciating the female body? Why is it so bad that I like looking and them? Also they could easily start censoring other things that you would actually dislike being censored in the future.
>>
>>317656508
>Why the hell are you always put words into people mouth?

I'm not putting words into your mouth, but your very own word stated otherwise.

>but its just a story in an mmo

How is this any different than those who said 'its just an outfit'?
>>
File: 1447020253762.gif (810 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1447020253762.gif
810 KB, 240x240
>>317657081
go back and re-read everything i posted, each and every time its ARMOR sets, not races

Elin thighs didn't get smaller, their chests didn't get flatter

Their panties turned to shorts
Their open vests got a skin suit underneath
They stopped trying to change the elin BOTTOM SECTION of thier armor, and Castanic lower section as well some time after the Nexus events. So Tier 13 onwards has been untouched.

You have to be so severely retarded to keep thinking its the actual in-game model that's being altered at this point, that i might actually ease off of your autistic rant, since this might be the only thing keeping you from running your head against a steal beam
>>
>>317656126
But it obvious does effect how the game sells. Remember Tera? There's an article we're talking about in this very thread that points out the Elin being initially censored only hurt the game. Long term they stopped censoring the elin, their armor and their cash shop costumes - those skimpy outfits make money, they're highly popular, as are the Elin. The amount of money they brought in with a simple Japanese swimsuit costume in the cash shop made such a difference that the team regard the Elin and that costume as saving Tera. They realized that the uncensored and skimpy outfits sell and make them MONEY. Moral quandaries about how skimpy an outfit is do not make them money.

So obviously the sexy polygons are pretty damn important. They make the creators MONEY which keeps the games afloat.

Sex sells.

Sex has never stopped selling.

People going off about how sex offends their morals, on the other hand? That doesn't sell very well. In fact it leaves people feeling like they're walking on egg shells all the time. And just so you're aware, most people get real tired real fast of feeling like they're constantly walking on egg shells.
>>
>>317656957
That isn't true in the case of NCSOFT. They don't hire an external team, their publishing arm in the west is known as GPS, and the entire localization team is in-house. And NCSOFT doesn't spring for more developers on this side of the pond for their Korean games. They didn't do it on L2, and they didn't do it on Aion, and when GPS was located in Seattle (it's now located near Carbine) they didn't do it then, either.
>>
>>317657210
>let add some generic backstory for the villain like her family being killed or something
Whoah
>>
File: boner.jpg (211 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
boner.jpg
211 KB, 500x509
Personally, I played with a ninja set and horsehead in Chinese BnS.
I don't go for the skimpy outfits on my femchars, but I also don't like being told I'm not enough of an adult to handle them.
>>
>>317657079
>pic very related, this image was "censored", but no one batted an eye because they didn't see the original sprite

Nah, you're full of shit. That is how its has always been.
>>
>>317642126
>the other poses twisted the bodies too much and thus you couldn't really see what you were changing.

You can rotate the model....
>>
>>317657382
Why, of all places to appreciate the female body, are you looking to do it in a video game? You're on the internet, bud, go look up some porn. Literally type anything into google and you can appreciate all the female forms you want. You're getting mad about female forms made in 3DS Max.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.