[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom walks in...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
We usually jokes about it, but did your parents or any relative ever mock or shame you for playing too much vidya?

My mother kinda hates any form or electronic entertainment, as a kid if i made her angry enough she could go as far as breaking some of my CDs

Other than that i remember an uncle being occasionally pissy at me because when we visited them i always used to spend time playing games with my cousin, or even alone
>>
File: 1434229012057.jpg (36 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1434229012057.jpg
36 KB, 333x333
My parents adopted the belief that too much vidya is harmful to you so between the ages of 5 and 10 I was only allowed to play for like 90 minutes a day and a maximum of 5 days a week.

Needless to say main reason I hung out with classmates was to play vidya at their homes.
>>
>>317583137
Your mother is a faggot, literally wasting money. I hate people that use this kind of discipline.

>DO WHAT I SAY AND NEVER MAKE ME MAD OR I'LL BREAK ALL YOUR TOYS
Is literally the mentality of a 3 year old.
>>
>>317583638
Yep, but to be fair it was mostly pirated games bought either from friends that made them or some immigrant in the streets, 5€ at best

Although she is the kind of person that breaks stuff in general when she gets mad
>>
I used to play wow a lot as a kid and she thought I was fucked up.
she was right, fuck you anyway.
>>
>>317583604
>Needless to say main reason I hung out with classmates was to play vidya at their homes.

I know, right
Looking back i guess i was kind of an asshole as a kid. When my friends played videogames it was almost always soccer stuff, which i never liked, so i would just sit in the corner with a gameboy or something instead of actually being with my friends
>>
>>317583604
90 mins a day is pretty liberal, anon. Hell, I can see myself imposing that kind of limit on a child of mine <13. When you're a certain age you can choose to spend your time how you want, but young kids just want to do whatever is easy and grabs their attention when they should be trying new things and learning about the world around them.
>>
>"do this thing you don't know how to do!"
>b-but I don't know how
>"OH? I BET IF IT WAS YOUR VIDEO GAME YOU'D KNOW HOW!!"
>>
File: 1447926988395.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1447926988395.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>IF YOU'RE TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL YOU'RE TOO SICK FOR VIDEO GAMES
This way of thinking will always be the most retarded shit. Most games are braindead time wasters and somehow, to American baby boomer parents, they are on par in difficulty with math, writing, tests, etc. despite most of these baby boomers not even being able to comprehend basic algebra. Really says a lot about that generation.
>>
My mother use to make fun of me for spending hours on Flight Simulator. Really use to demoralize me.

My father was more supportive on the issue, especially after the divorce.

Eventually found myself at sea 3 months of the year working with underwater drones.

I don't know if Flight Simulator helped me or not, but I get to shove it in my moms face. Especially after she killed herself.
>>
>>317583604
My parents adopted the belief that any vidya is harmful and I could not have any. It was strictly forbidden
I'd go to my friends house or cousins rarely, but used those chances to play some
Later i figured out I could pirate games and hid them enough in the pc so my parents wouldn't find out

At my 16 birthday grandma gave me some money and I sneaked out of school to buy assassin's creed for pc at day1 and this was officially my first game
I never bought any other physical pc games, but I keep that one as a little gem
>>
>>317584575
Maybe if parents would actually take kids outside and spend time with them occassionally instead of watching tv and being fat, their kids would be more productive as a result. If a parent needs to impose a time limit on vidya for any reason other than trying to get the kid to do homework/chores, it is probably a problem with how they are parenting.
>>
File: 1445878698337.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445878698337.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>317583137
My mom used to mock me for playing pokemon and said I was too old for that when I was 12. Fuck that, I still play it to this day or I would if XYORAS wasn't so shit and had nothing to do in them after you beat them, I still play Platinum, Emerald, and occasionally my dead battery cartridges of Gold and Silver.
>>
File: 1447089657905.jpg (12 KB, 467x460) Image search: [Google]
1447089657905.jpg
12 KB, 467x460
One evening my parents had some shit to do and since they weren't coming back before late night they asked granma to watch over me

Being old and tired at some point she sat on the couch watching TV and eventually fell asleep, so in the meantime i could do anything i wanted in my room and she wouldn't notice

I wanted to try out the Madagascar game i just got for the Xbox and then i played so much i actually finished it in one sitting

Felt like a king, my mom would've never let me but nobody ever knew about it
>>
File: aurora borealis.jpg (115 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
aurora borealis.jpg
115 KB, 1366x768
Not really.

There were some concerns when they saw SHOCKING documentations about teens playing violent videogames and shooting up schools. But besides that, no deal.

I had trouble proving them that I'm not gay.
>had to french kiss a my first gf in front of my mom

Just because it took 18 years to bring a girl home dosn't mean I'm gay, Mom.
>>
File: 1441780631493.gif (806 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1441780631493.gif
806 KB, 320x180
>>317584619
>>317585631

Fucking hell what the fuck is up with this fucking logic.

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

Also

>Parents know I like to play videogames, despite never doing so in front of them, rarley bringing it up in conversation, and listening to music a lot more than gaming
>Constantly try to describe everything with a videogame comparison to me.

I mean, I get it, you're trying to help me understand stuff, but I already understand it, and it's not like I'm incapable of understanding something that doesn't have videogames attached to it. It gets to fucking ridiculous levels. Like I remember one time years ago when my mother asked me

>"Hey anon, I need to fire someone at work, but he's a very aggressive guy and I'm worried he might react badly. Any suggestions on how I should approach the matter?"
>"Well, when you do fire him, you should make sure there's a few other people in the room or near by, just to help in case something goes really badly"
>"Anon don't be stupid. This isn't like your videogames"

what the fuck does that even fucking mean?
>>
File: 4849.png (183 KB, 338x388) Image search: [Google]
4849.png
183 KB, 338x388
>>317586958
>parents see news about pokemon and epilepsy
>i am not allowed to play pokemon
>i am not allowed to watch pokemon
>i am not allowed to buy pokemon tcg
>buy a couple bosters anyway with lunch money in a shop that was in front of the school
>mom throws a fit that I was playing pokemon and it was bad for my health

at least she didn't think it was satanic and I had a couple pokemon toys like a minipikachu
>>
>>317587436
Are your parents literally mentally disabled by chance? Or did they just despise you and got horny from hurting you?
>>
My parents were pretty chill about it.

I remember one time I was playing Hulk Ultimate Destruction (love that game, I should replay it) and my mum was watching when I did that mission where Hulk sneaks into an army base by using a truck like a cardboard box in Metal Gear, she thought it was hilarious.

I miss my parents.
>>
>>317587535
they believe in the TV and TV said pokemon was evil
>>
>>317587703
>Single episode from kids tv show about make believe animals caused some mentally retarded kids to get seizures
>Literally all of pokemon is now evil and you can never even look at it again

yeah nah sounds like mental retardation to me.
>>
File: 1442803005425.jpg (35 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1442803005425.jpg
35 KB, 500x491
>tfw mum is fond of games, having gotten addicted to the snes after I introduced her to it
>tfw dad made sure every time that me, mum, and my mates felt like shit for 'wasting our time playing with toys meant for children'
>tfw he would fly into rage if you tried to argue back
>>
>>317587878
Kill him.

Have sex with your cool mom.
>>
>>317585802
Edgy
>>
>>317587854
>Single episode from kids tv show about make believe animals caused some mentally retarded kids to get seizures
you seem to forget how JOURNALISM works
for my parents all they knew is "children died in japan because pokemon -gave- them epilepsy"

they still took it too far though
>>
>>317585631
>too sick for school
>too sick for games.
Its about rest bro.
If youre sick, lying in bed with tv is better thsn games. Your mind is still interacting and your brwin is still working. You wont get better.
>>
>>317588309
sorry for some mispelled shit i did in this post.
>>
>>317586958
My family probably thought I was gay because I didn't bring any females over until I was 24 (26 now). I blame that on my family being vile and disgusting two-faced people, greet you with a smile and then start talking shit as soon as you leave. My parents do this to neighbors, relatives and both of my brother's girlfriends over the years.

I've never invited friends or girlfriends over because I don't want to deal with that bs. I brought my gf over once and I found out how my mom feels about her from my second oldest brother, who talks with her a lot. So yeah, it sucks.
>>
When I was in elementary/middle school I was only allowed 1 hour of videogames a day on weekdays only, this included going on the computer.
I remember I always used it to play Runescape or games on the cartoon network site (I liked to play that beach party one or whatever it was).
Was never shamed for it though, but if I ever got bad grades videogames were always blamed and they'd take a week of them away (including computer use).
>>
>>317587059
Your mom, anon, is what I call is 'askhole'. Don't ever give her advice again because clearly she just wants to insult you.
>>
My experience isn't much different from a few of these stories, but one thing that always pissed me off was when I'd be playin a game and then my dad would decide "this seems like a good time to wanna play Fifa whateverfuckingyear" and demand I stop my game so he could play
>>
>>317588427
Anon, I want you to understand that, if I ever came into a situation where I could choose entire groups of people to wipe off the face of the earth, the first group I would choose would be people like your parents.

I don't know how that makes you feel, but I just felt you needed to know that.
>>
>>317588578
To be fair, she wasn't acting shitty about it or anything. She said it in a sort of joking tone. I don't believe she meant to insult me, I just find the whole thing fucking retarded.
>>
>>317587878
That's pretty awful, I'm glad your ps2 still worked though
>>
>>317583137
My mom knows that me and my younger brother (who's still in high school) play tons of vidya and watch anime and crap, but as long as we get good grades in our courses she lets us do whatever.
>>
>>317587059
People are stupid and more than likely its just to reason to make themselves feel better

>Spend all the time play vidya
'Why don't you make video games'
>Spend all the time in the gym
'Why don't you become a personal trainer'
>Spend all the time studying EMS protocols so I don't fuck up and lose my EMT license
'Why don't you become a paramedic'

I hate people that make suggestions I didn't ask for.
>>
>>317583137
Sure did. To this day I still feel like shit half the time I play vidya, even long after I moved out of my mom's house.
>>
My parents were never that bad with it. When I was really young, my mom went through an anti-shooting game phase. She was telling me I should get rid of GodlenEye and such. That never happened, and no one in my family was really critical of it.

In fact, I remember being really young and bringing my N64 to my grandpa's house. I was playing GoldenEye again and he looked at the screen and shaped his hand into a gun at me and went "Bang!" playfully.

So I guess I was more lucky.
>>
>>317588663
They weren't too bad, though I can understand that somewhat. Nice thing was once I hit highschool they kinda just let me do whatever and learn from my own mistakes. They were and are always there when I need them.
Compared to a lot of people I consider myself lucky I have the parents I do.
>>
File: image.gif (10 KB, 576x448) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
10 KB, 576x448
>>317588309
People always hail Nintendo for their insane tough products but my cousin had his uncle throw his ps2 out of a second story window unto a concrete driveway and minus a chipped off corner and a broken cd tray that shit still worked.
>>
>>317589202
yea man, my ps2 lasted for years, best console.
>>
File: Can't Wake Up.jpg (132 KB, 357x597) Image search: [Google]
Can't Wake Up.jpg
132 KB, 357x597
>>317583137
My mom finished Persona 4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold so no... but she did shame me for liking Naoto more than Chie.

>tfw mom disapproves of all your waifus.
>>
File: 1441385656641.jpg (156 KB, 813x769) Image search: [Google]
1441385656641.jpg
156 KB, 813x769
>"All you do is play videogames all day, why don't you do something amazing, climb a mountain or become a doctor or something?"

Oh sure, because I'd much rather spend two fucking weeks of my life forcing myself to climb a giant fucking snowing rock for no fucking reason whatsoever and getting frostbite than playing my fun videogames while nice and cozy at home. Yup, I'm sure my life will be totally fulfilled afterwards! Knowing that my fucking toes froze off!

Also, nice logic on the doctor thing. Why didn't YOU become a doctor? Why doesn't EVERYONE become doctors if you think its so fucking good? Maybe not everyone wants to be one? Maybe not everyone wants to waste 10 years of life on intense study just to examine the fucking blistered testicles of 40 year olds?

You stupid fucking cunt.

Why do these people have such a fucking hard time understanding that videogames are fun, and I want to do what I find fun?

Hedonism 4 lief yo.
>>
>>317589360
Your mom may be a homosexual
At least she isn't a Risefag
>>
>>317583137
>12 year old twat
>mutt
>going through my first stupid depression, noticing I was the joke of the class (private school) and that I had no friends who actually hung out with me.
>grades were slipping
>becoming unhealthy
>only thing that made me feel better was my games
>one day report card comes in
>dad is fucking pissed because I got a 72 on my test and 77 on my average
>not asian, just fucking obssessed with a's
>takes ps2 from the second floor and tosses it down as hard as he can
>fucking thing exploded plastic chunks everywhere
>blood money is dead
>Him and ma threaten to send me to some family Mexico if I don't get good grades in the future
>never maintained averages above 85 in general ever again
But at least I got a 90 on one test and he bought me a ps2 slim sometime later. All it taught me was always hide the report cards, and forge the signature myself.
>>
>>317583137
nah, she doesn't care, we discuss it later in a bed
>>
>>317589427
>Your mom may be a homosexual
She legitimately is.
>>
File: 1437590351580.jpg (60 KB, 1172x1049) Image search: [Google]
1437590351580.jpg
60 KB, 1172x1049
My parents keep acting surprised whenever I talk about vidya to my brother because they "can't believe a grown man still plays them". And god forbid it comes up with my extended family because I'll just get a man-child and a lecture on how the world is going to shit because of people playing videogames. I am a huge man-child though.
>>
File: 3462755473.jpg (123 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
3462755473.jpg
123 KB, 640x640
>Mother introduced me to vidya at at the tender age of three
>Started off with SNES, she'd play some levels with me even though I hardly knew what was going on at the time
>Been playing vidya ever since with almost no restrictions other than no mature-rated games until I was fifteen or so
>We still play Mario Kart and some other games together
I turned out okay. It's not video games that are causing all of the strange developments in modern children, it's worthless parents who are the problem.
>>
Not my mom, but still relevant

>used to hang out with two friends every weekend, often playing Halo, melee, or Star Wars Battlefront for hours at a time
>friend's mom developed an irrational hatred of Super Smash Bros Melee because "it promotes violence against women"
>SSBM
>the most cartoony, nonviolent, least bloody fighting game in the universe
>because Peach and Zelda are characters
>his mom either takes away or breaks dozens of copies of the game over the years
>friend always buys it again in secret and hides it as best he can
>initiate security protocols and a warning system when she approached the room

No other game bothered her in the slightest. Shit, I don't know how many times I watched her break a copy of melee with her bare hands.
>>
>>317588747
She has a pretty bad sense of humor.
>>
>>317583137
>Step-Dad used to beat me and ground me for, at minimum, a month when I did something wrong
>Had 2 good friends K-9
>Mom divorces, we move to the ghetto
>Never speak to her and move in with Grandparents because she never stopped him
>Still rarely speak to her
>She blames Video Games
>Myself, my brothers, and my sister, who I see once a year and was 5 when they divorced, blames my step dad

Bitch comes to me for money to and tries to pull the pity party on facebook with her friends sometimes. Its always great when I wake up to messages out the ass from people I have never met calling me names because my dumb mother complains i don't take care of her.
>>
>>317588309
Yeah, but did you do better in school?

I had the same problem except I loved books just as much so no video games just meant I would read.

I would read durning math, read durning breaks, wake up at four in the morning and read for hours when they stole all my flashlights.

Life is strange.
>>
>>317588309
>He took it all and said "I give you all this shit back when you turn into a decent human being again"
>Spend the next 7 nto 8 months(even during vacations in my room with nothing besides a table, my books and my lonliness. I couldn't even go out anymore

I don't think your dad thought his cunning plan all the way through.
>>
>>317586958
>>317588397
A friend of mine during highschool said that his other group of friends thought i was gay because they only ever saw me with him and never with a girl

I'd assume my family thinks that too if not for the fact that once i made my mom drive me to a secret date, as in i initially told her i was supposed to meet some friends but then when she later saw me alone in a different part of town i had to admit that i was trying to reach a girl

Date was a mess too, we met online (fucking MSN) and when i finally got there she was in fucking pijamas. Only walked and talked for a while, never spoke again. I was embarassed as hell when i was explaining this to my parents
>>
File: 1447938526507.jpg (648 KB, 800x1666) Image search: [Google]
1447938526507.jpg
648 KB, 800x1666
>>317583137
Nah
My mom played stuff on Ds lie hotel dusk, 999, phoenix wright and ghost trick.
My Dad loved racing games and Resident evil.
>all these posts about beatings
W-was I a spoiled child? I never was punished physically, the most I ever got was mouth washed with soap like once.
>>
>>317583137
Why is Tegan yelling at Sara?
>>
>>317589387
Because doctors make 6-7 figures, she only sees the money

In turn, you waste a decade or more in schools, work yourself to death to pay off school loans, have an inflated as fuck ego because of your multiple diplomas and doing literally nothing as the nurses and their aides handle all the physical work for 1/4 of your pay, the list goes on.

Sincerely, an EMT > Medic > RN > PA. Starting at the bottom of a field makes you appreciate what you're doing more.
>>
>>317590443
>W-was I a spoiled child? I never was punished physically, the most I ever got was mouth washed with soap like once.

Nah, me too, when i was beaten by my parents it was usually a couple of slaps and that's it, more a rage kinda deal rather than "maybe the bealt will teach you stuff"
Some parents are just shit
>>
>>317584575
wow glad im not your kid. you sound like a gay parrent stop power tripping

whats he going to do when not hanging out with a friend. just twidle his thumbs?
>>
>>317583137
My old man used to play Ehrgeiz with me when I was a kid, and soon he'll get War Thunder once he unfucks his Linux machine. My sister sometimes plays video games both pc and ps4, same with her husband, but my mom and other sister don't get it. So not really, though I was always much more into gaming than the rest of my family, it was never a big issue.
>>
Wait.
Underage anons can post on /v/ now?
>>
>Be around 15 or 16
>have 2 of my friends over and we're playing mario party with my grandmother
>my one friend legitimately had about a 7 year win streak going
>me and my other friend team up on him for the whole game, going as far as to pay boo to steal coins from him when he has less than 5 coins
>he gets REALLY pissed
>we get pissed back
>mario party gets banned from the house until we graduate high school

My grandmother eventually cracked since mario party is one of her favorite games, but it was still banned when my one friend came over
>>
>>317589514
If you don't shit on them when you're older / now you are a failure
>>
>>317590932
these are stories from our childhood anon
cus you play videogames when you were child right? you're not a normie right anon?
>>
>>317590932
I'm 19 now Anon, 96. I've been posting since I was 12 :^)
>>
>>317590932
Were you born at the age of 20 or something? Were you literally never a child?

It's called remembering the past.
>>
>>317588309
Did they ever realize how badly they fucked up there?
>>
Parents never cared how much I played as long as the grades stayed up and didn't hang out with the wrong crowd. Might help that they were immigrants that rarely had time to be with me even on weekends due to long work hours just so we could afford to eat.

Got them legalized and send them money each week.
>>
File: 1433179117757.gif (3 MB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
1433179117757.gif
3 MB, 600x357
>used to watch dad play 007 Tomorrow Never Dies on the PS1
>only watched because it was too hard for me
>he liked to play it just so I could watch
>one day, fall off a tree into a big pile of metal
>get a big bleeding hole in my skull
>blood gets in my eyes, I'm thinking that I'm blind forever
>to calm me down, dad takes me inside and plays 007 while the ambulance comes
>I watch
>the sun warms me through the window
>I'm feeling very calm, it's probably the head trauma
>will remember this forever

Then my dad left after a few years and we never spoke again.
>>
>>317591272
W-wow what did I do to deserve this ;_;
>>
>>317591272
Holy shit, you are actually mentally retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>317591207
>Oh my kid fell into a pile of metal that I have for some reason better play vidya
>>
>>317591396
>bye son I'm leaving forever now
>takin the vidya btw
>>
File: Maximum Kurwa.png (2 MB, 2208x1972) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Kurwa.png
2 MB, 2208x1972
I was lucky if I even got a look like pic related.
>>
>>317591272
Announcing you reported someone is against the rules, you fucking autist
>>
>you can play only 90 min of vidya
>no anime
>no pokemon
>no yugi
>no powerrangers
>no violent tv shows

>first R movie was Matrix
>first fap movie was Species
>>
>>317591364
i think reddit wants you back
>>
>>317591676
my eyes feel weird while watching this
>>
File: 1446765305870.jpg (455 KB, 2880x1920) Image search: [Google]
1446765305870.jpg
455 KB, 2880x1920
>Parents encourage me to read, learn to love RPGs because my brothers had FF and DW for NES, they didn't like them though.
>Had no problem reading dictionaries in elementary school while other kids struggled
>Junior high comes around, as my brothers were 9 & 10 years older than me, I didn't really know how to socialize with people. Ended up following other kids in school who would just use me. Me being naive, went along with it as I didn't know how friends were supposed to be
>Cut school with them, lend them my games and money, I was just a complete betafaggot without realizing it
>Parents and brothers wondering what the fuck is going on, beat me for giving things away
>Never really learn in high school, just be a complete loner while cutting school to play vidya
>27 now, doing everything now I wish I did when I dropped out of school at 16
>>
>>317583137
My parents tried to get me to stop playing games a couple of times in high school. For whatever reason they thought it was affecting my grades but it wasn't.

And one time a friend let me borrow Gears of War. My mom walked in on me playing and asked me to stop because it was too violent and she was afraid it would make me violent. Never stopped though.

Overall my parents were cool with me playing games. My dad would even play Halo 2 with me sometimes.
>>
My mum and dad never cared. One year my dad got stabbed and his car stolen so he played Mario Kart Double Dash with me and my brothers while he was off work.
Now my dad sometimes plays whatever game I have on my 3ds when I leave it on the sofa to go cook food. I've spotted him twice playing Animal Crossing new leaf (he was fishing on the beach) and Fire Emblem: Awakening (he was fighting a bunch of risen. He got really excited when he levelled up Cordelia.).
>>
My dad had this fixation of trying to beat Gran Turismo's tutorial on the PS1
He never managed, at some point the game always asked to pull a trick he couldn't understand, and since i was a dumb kid i never bothered myself
Sometimes he still asks me if i have a GT game
>>
>>317587059
That last part pissed me off. Most boss's usually call someone into the office because it's a isolated place and it won't interfere with the happenings around thwm. How elitist can one be to discard legitimate advice based on a hobby?
>>
File: 1444698396614.jpg (544 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
1444698396614.jpg
544 KB, 2271x2380
>Playing CSS
>Thought the main game was shit, played Zombie Survival and Surf instead
>Computer used to be in the kitchen right alongside my father's PC
>Big fucking 24" CRT broadcast everything I was doing, had to use magazines for fapping in my room upstairs
>Some guys sprayed shock images on the walls when my mother was cooking
>She only caught a glimpse of what it was as I was turning around in game
>"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ANON"
>"Dunno haha"
>Parents then became extremely concerned with what I was doing/playing on the PC
>Decided to play BF2142 instead of CSS, it was much better and no sprays anymore

Then there was something that actually affected my final grades for the worse

>Last year of school
>Took Media studies because it was piss easy and fun
>Project assignments came, we could choose what we wanted to do
>Decide to make short machinima (Robert Stoneman at this stage was very popular and still making machinima)
>Mother thinks I'm playing games, actually I'm recording a carefully setup and timed scene on a map I had custom made
>"WHY ARE YOU PLAYING GAMES YOUR FINAL EXAMS ARE WEEKS AWAY"
>Pulls the plug, cannot play games at all during this period
>Too late to start another project & document it
>Fail media studies, the easiest qualification in history
>>
>Take a swimming course when really young like 12-13
>Have mom take me to it every day and generally learn to swim but have a really big issue with being submerged with water
>Last day of classes you have to jump into the deep end with a life vest on and an instructor to partically catch you
>Dad is there for it becuase mom couldn't get a co-worker to cover her shift
>Panic at the very last second and don't jump in
>Dad tries to encourage me with threats and in turn remain frozen on the edge.
>Eventually everyone gives up, get back in the car halfway through the drive back home get told I'm grounded
>Grounded from everything until I can jump into a pool
>Family is literally hovering between low income and the poor side of middle class.
>We don't have a pool, and it's just about to be september
>No video games, TV, or anything becides books.
>Live in the middle of nowhere near three small swamps, there's about 3 weeks out of a year that isn't festering with insects, no friends at all nearby, as well as only having about 20 books to read that where all kids stories, so they where like 20-40 pages
>Grandpa who used to beat my dad tells him it's a bit extreme for being scared of water when I'm a kid
>Get grounded for nine months because a random branch of the family is having a party that we hardly ever see, and they have a pool which I could jump into and stop being grounded.
>Ride back dad lightly (probably a joke) threatens that since i didn't have his full attention I shouldn't get my game boy back.

I get like, grounding over things you can do, and then fail to do because you're spending too much time watching TV or playing video games, but it's just surprising that people don't understand that there might be more then one central cause to a problem
>>
File: 1420939747883.png (11 KB, 157x151) Image search: [Google]
1420939747883.png
11 KB, 157x151
>play videogames all childhood
>mom literally yells at me, asking me if I have Assburgers
>didn't know how to answer her, so I decided that I probably do
>live like this for years
>>
>>317592503
pussy
>>
>>317588309
Where do you live? Africa?
>>
My dad and me have problems, but he's chill as fuck about me playing games.

My mom however, she would complain, I grew a dislike of playing games when she was home because of that. Even after high school she would complain about me staying up late to talk to friends or play games.

A TV I had during high school that got fucked up on the bottom half, because I was a retard and left it on all the time, so it got screen burn-in, she got me a new one later, and clearly blamed my games for doing that, so she told me to play my games on the bad TV, I kindly told her no.
>>
>>317592798
Almost
Brazil
>>
>>317583137
>"All you do is sit in your room playing videos!"
>>
>dad committed suicide a while back and moms in the hospital from getting hit by a car while drunk.

Feels GOOD MAN, What I'm not edgy, I freakin 23 and I still can't get along with my mom, all my sibling are in the same boat, my parents are awful, awful people.
>>
>>317592503
>>Grandpa who used to beat my dad tells him it's a bit extreme for being scared of water when I'm a kid.
There is the the problem. He didn't beat him hard enough.
>>
I had a limit to how much time I could spen on a computer, but it stopped when I turned 25.
>>
>>317592876
Reminds me of how everytime our family PC got fucked up my parents thought it was either because someone opened "porn viruses" by mistake or because i set up a game or a personal user account
>>
>>317592503
>as well as only having about 20 books to read that where all kids stories, so they where like 20-40 pages

This was painful to read. As someone who recently became injured and can't play vidya for a while, I at least have a lot of interesting books to read.
>>
>>317583137
>parents or any relative ever mock or shame you for playing too much vidya?
Still do, even though I'm turning 21 in a few weeks. They also get pissed at me for not wanting to go fishing or hunting with them and think I'm just going to stay home and play vidya.

Truth is that I don't spend nearly as many hours playing vidya as I do shitposting here. Also, I read books/manga/watch anime as well, so that takes up a good chunk of time.
>>
>it's because of these video games that you're crazy
>you fucking good for nothing, you would care about this shit if it was mario
>you're a mongrel because of these video games, why don't you make friends like everyone else? what have I done to get a child like you?
>Are you too stupid to read a book instead of playing these games for babies?
You tell me OP.
They've calmed down with it in recent years but still insist that I only care about video games. Everytime I try making them play so they can understand what they're talking about, they're like "I'm too old for this, anon".
>>
>>317592972
I'm a collage kid still living with his mom, so when she goes for vacation somewhere I choose to stay home by myself, and it really does feel great.
>>
>>317592482
>>317592503
Wow
>>317592972
my mom was run over by a police car once, she went to the hospital but we couldnt pay ehr stay in there so i ahd to take care of ehr at home, luckly it was during the beggining of vacatiosn so she had like 2 months to recover, in which she did.
>>317592876
When my dad got home i always turned of whatever iw as playing immediately
>>
>>317593357
>"This form of media is stupid because of reasons I am unable to explain"
>"Why don't you just try it?"
>"No because I'm old"

fucking idiots

piss on their graves when they die
>>
>>317583137
Yes. But now I own an N64, PSX-PS4 and Xbox 1, and hundreds of games and am a licensed gunsmith making about $135k a year before taxes (about 4 times as much as my parents).
>>
>>317586487
Why not HG/SS?
>>
>>317593538
Even though they aknowledge that a lot of people in their 40's and even 50's like and play video games, and that video games don't make you violent and autistic after all, they still insist that they're "too old".
They refuse to elaborate too, just "i'm too old". God damn, that's more frustrating than any of the verbal abuse, because they'll end up dying before I could share anything with them. Fuck.
>>
>>317593538
>"No because I'm old"
Jesus christ I hope growing up with technology keeps me from getting this retarded attitude about anything as simple as a TV remote.
>>
>>317592319
Why are Hues so fucking persistent with their name and avatarfagging? I bet you're just looking for a ban.
>>
>2001
>Be me
>Upper class immigrant family(I was born in canada)
>Have a awesome dad, over religious mother and okay siblings.
>One day my father brings me a new pc rig with half life and rayman(OS was windows ME and later XP)
>Probably the most fun i have had as a kid
>Fast forward to 2003
>My dad gets a gamecube with melee
>He starts playing with me almost everyday to the point that my mom starts complaining to me and him about it.
>Fast forward to 2007
>My siblings and i gets new computer rigs and laptops from my dad
>My mom starts snapping on us and forcing us to and practice islam
>Most of us feel either indifferent or don't feel like it.

Continue?
>>
>>317593347
>get pissed at me for not wanting to go fishing or hunting

Shit, I'll take up your family's offer if you won't. I'll even make your dad proud to call me son.

Then again, I also browse /k/ so I don't pass up the chance to go shooting.
>>
>>317593992
Just fucking tell the story, don't ask for permission like some beta faggot?
>>
>>317593992
>be me
Who else would you be you wanker
But yes keep going.
>>
File: kingdom_of_heaven_Norton_mask.jpg (46 KB, 425x187) Image search: [Google]
kingdom_of_heaven_Norton_mask.jpg
46 KB, 425x187
My drunken father would bust in and rip the power plugs off the sockets. I guess he expected I would go out instead or something. What he failed to realise was that it was because of his alcoholism that I escaped to vidya games.
What a fucking asshole. Knowing he will die alone and forgotten brings me at least some comfort. He will not be missed.
>>
File: Z6NXInt.jpg (2 MB, 2296x4208) Image search: [Google]
Z6NXInt.jpg
2 MB, 2296x4208
>>317593972
I deleted my image folder recently and tho only thing i got are these images that i use as avatar on a forrum and my fighting games main list

i need more images.
>>
>>317593992
>Islam
did she exploded your videogames or something?
>>
>>317594183
>I deleted my image folder
>I need more images

Are you mentally disabled?
>>
>>317593992
its going to and with some /b/ retarded story post.

but sure go on.
>>
>>317593992
If you feel the need to ask to keep going with a story you shouldn't be posting at all.
>>
>>317594058
I think its more of I don't know how to relate to my parents anymore. They kinda resent that I don't really rely on them for anything besides dinner and a bed, unlike my two brothers who are adults.

I try having intelligent discussions with them and going out to movies and stuff that we can all enjoy, but it seems like they just want me to do specifically what they enjoy
>>
>>317594338
i deleted everything because my fucking work spoace was a mess and i didnt feel like keeping the images, none of them were very remarkable.

So i just said "meh, whatever" and deleted everything.

i ahve some saved on a imgr accout so if ie ver feel like using one i just go there.
>>
My parents didn't care because if I was playing games then they wouldn't have to entertain me.
>>
>>317587059
In video games, if you have allies, they help you in battle.
In real life you have no allies and if you are getting you shit kicked at work, your coworkers will just watch.
>>
File: 1441388665107.gif (882 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1441388665107.gif
882 KB, 500x280
>>317594493
What the fuck are you talking about? How does having online images stored in a folder on your computer make your work space a mess?

Are... are you telling me you literally save every picture to your desktop or something?
>>
>>317593921
>First time using windows 7
>usually pretty good at using windows
>confused the fuck out

I'm going to be an angry confused man when I'm old.
>>
>>317594779
Old man yells at cloud.jpg
>>
>ANON, TURN OFF YOU VIDEO GAME
>BUT MOM, LET ME SAVE IT FIRST
> SAVE IT!? ONLY JESUS SAVES!
>>
>>317594641
Hey knowledge of videogames is little beyond "you can run around with a gun and shoot things for no reason. story? music? skill? what's that?" I highly doubt she would even begin to understand how a JRPG works, what an RPG is, or that they have a camera from behind the main character.
>>
>>317586616
>Playing the penguin minigames, or the zeppelin arcade in the Manhattan level
Shit wash cash yo
>>
File: 140380071870.gif (1 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
140380071870.gif
1 MB, 600x600
>One day the baby boomers will all be dead.
The only tragedy is that we'll be old by then

unless we do something about it now
>>
>>317594076
Thanks anon.
>>317594114
Will do.

>2010
>Have played a shit ton of video games.
>close to middle school
>My mother and father splits. most of us follows my dad. But i was stuck with my mother.
>My mother starts tormenting me by limiting everything around me, my modding, my programs, everything. this lasts until 2013
>Eventually my dad and mom gets back together
>Everything is well. But the arguments still persists.

Almost 20 years old and this is my life. nothing special. but my mother still thinks that my video games are pointless even if i have done some things in the modding scene. At least if theres one thing that i could say about my mother thats nice. is that she teached me how to play a few instruments. Don't worry my mother is kinda nice. as much that i antagonize here.

>>317594365
Its not. And i'm french so. yeah. sorry for some grammar issues.
>>
>>317594725
some times my desktop and some times in a folder when i few like it. Both were a mess with a bunch of images do i decided to delete it. its nothing that havent been posted before.
>>
Dad used to play games like fifa and some fps games like medal of honor airborne and call of duty 2.
He stopped playing games altogether after I started highschool and hates it when I play games. I'm sure he has his reasons but it was kind of sudden and weird.
>>
>parents didn't give me an allowance if I didn't get A's
>if I did get A's I could basically do whatever I wanted
>played tons of vidya throughout elementary/high school and got straight A's
>now studying mechanical engineering
Thanks mom
>>
>>317583137
>rent wind waker when it's new from place that has retarded rental prices on new games
>play it like mad
>mom tells me to do something else
>mom you paid like 20 bucks and i only have it for 3 days, let me get your moneys worth and i'll spend 3 days straight outside
>she can't really find an argument against this

thank goodness she responds reasonably to logic unlike my fucking stepmother
>>
My mom always thought I was being lazy when I played video games for more than a half hour but watching tv for about 8 hours straight was perfectly fine.
>>
>Reading this thread
>My mom
>My mother
>Me mum

Why are moms always the worst people in the world? Even other peoples moms piss me off.
>>
>parents walk in
>turn off the game and run away or pretend to be doing something else.
Every time. Nothing good could come of them seeing me playing games so I just let it go. Some of you don't understand, and that's fine, but my mom seeing me playing games on any day but Christmas or something (where it's expected that I'll be playing with a new gift and not doing something productive) was like a Tumblr whale seeing Senran Kagura; it triggered her so hard and even if she said nothing at the time she'd bring it up later to damn me if I did anything wrong in life ("Oh you didn't do -X-? Probably because you're always on those damn games!"). Dad was better and he bought me all the games in the first place but he could be just as bad if he was in a bad mood. That's why PC was so much better; just minimize the game and pretend to be doing homework or something.
>>
>>317594114
He's a /b/tard.

It's what they do.
>>
File: CUaclbIWcAE1-nU.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CUaclbIWcAE1-nU.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>>317583137
my parents absolutely forbade it
the only reason we had a NES was because my aunt and uncle bought for us for christmas over my parent's objection but because my aunt and uncle made such a big deal out of it at a christmas party that they hosted my parents eventually gave in
my parents tried to get me to stop playing but they gave up
but no SNES, no Genesis, no more consoles until I found a job, saved up, and bought one for my own (over their objections, but wtf, it's my money)
when I was older and playing vidya they absolutely mocked and shamed me
I don't talk to them anymore and never will again
blessed are those who choose vidya, amen
>>
>>317595137
Because for whatever reason, a large percentage of women do not understand concepts such as "reason" and "logic". This is foreign to them.

As a result, they behave like complete cunts about things that shouldn't bother them at all.
>>
>>317595167
Before i got back to lurking. I don't go on /b/. Just wanted to point that out. /v/ is my board of lurk.
>>
>>317595039
My fucking parents too
>literally do nothing but watch TV whenever they have free time
>"stop playing these video games, they're melting your brain, come watch TV with us instead"
I'm pretty sure I learned from RPGs and adventure games than from shitty TV comedy.
>>
>>317595236
Every mother and father I've ever had the experience to meet was shitty.
>>
>>317594883
when the shooting starts, I'm with you, anon
>>
>>317595236
I seriously don't get this. I feel like a neckbeard faggot for thinking shit like this, and thinking "all women are shit and ect ect ect", but from my entire life, it's been proven in like 90% of cases.

Are women literally controlled by their hormones or something? Rendered incapable of using their minds?
>>
File: 12423525243524.gif (1 MB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
12423525243524.gif
1 MB, 500x365
>>317595426
Every person I've ever had the experience of meeting has been shitty. Like, what the fuck?
>>
File: feelno.png (39 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feelno.png
39 KB, 645x773
>be 10
>mom and I are playing SMB
>we're both taking turns
>we decide to make a challenge where the one who loses a Mario takes off a piece of cloth
>FF +1 hour
>we're both in our undies
>mom loses another Mario
>about to take her bra off
>suddenly dad walks in
>he gets angry and demands we put our clothes on
>I don't do it but mom does
>tfw you wanted to see your mom's breasts so bad but dad will always be there protecting her
>>
>>317583137
I can't recall one positive experience with my mum.
>>
>>317595137
Because mothers get it in their head they they always know best, and that being a mother is actually a hard job.
>>
>>317583137
My mother will probably take away my computer when I'll inevitably drop out of college.

She keeps saying that I have an addiction that it's the sole reason why my life is like this.

She's probably right.
>>
>>317595695
>Couldn't see his parents naked as a kid
The fuck
>>
>>317595695
It's okay Oedipus, one day he'll die.
Why not today?
>>
>>317583137
I was NEET until my dad couldn't take my mother defending me for my video game habits and being a loner. So he cheated on her and I moved out to avoid the drama. He died the next year due to liver failure and I got an inheritance. He was an alcoholic and really never raised me aside from buying me food.
>>
>tfw cool parents who would play vidya with me when I was younger and always hook it up with new vidya for birthdays/Christmas/end of the school year good grades.

I'm sorry you guys have such shit parents who didn't just let you enjoy the things you like.
>>
>>317595695
Damn that's pretty hot.
>>
>>317595564
If you smell shit everywhere you go you should probably check under your shoe.
>>
File: 1448085322447.png (574 KB, 1800x2890) Image search: [Google]
1448085322447.png
574 KB, 1800x2890
>>317595564
I've been lucky to meet some nice people, but I could never be friends with them because everyone else ruined friendship for me so now I'm just more comfortable alone.
>>
>>317595137
Most over protectiveness tends to be mothers, and atop of the "Video games are bad for you" a lot of people tend to have families that are divorsed, which means most people get taken by the mom. Which leaves the single parent in a situation where what they think is the only course of action, so most people tend to lose a dad who'm may have brought up better things to do or be so uncaring they got their kids more video games
>>
>>317595695
that's only hot because I'm imagining your mum and not mine
>>
File: 1376366688835.jpg (42 KB, 465x350) Image search: [Google]
1376366688835.jpg
42 KB, 465x350
>>317594779
To be fair, Windows 7 removed some features I liked about XP and it makes me mad.
I mean, they removed features, what the fuck.
>>
>>317596019
Why did such an awful generic joke make me laugh so hard?
>>
File: Mommy.jpg (255 KB, 1055x613) Image search: [Google]
Mommy.jpg
255 KB, 1055x613
>>317595137
I luv me mum, mate
>>
>>317595887
Do what I did
>get easy job
>get apartment
>never see the bitch again

It's not the high life or anything, but it's still an improvement. A friend moved in with me so we both have spending money and every nights like a sleepover.
>>
File: frog-.png (603 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
frog-.png
603 KB, 612x612
>>317595695
>loses a Mario
>>
>>317595829
>moms always get the "TAKING CARE OF KIDS IS HARD!" Thing
>cleaning a house takes like half an hour max if upkept
>little shits only about 15 minutes at most every hour, don't have to worry about them anymore during the day when school starts.

Cooking ain't shit, and most housewives aren't even very good at it to show that "practice"

Like shit, do you know how bored house wives used to fucking get? They removed the goddamn eggs from instant cake mix so wives would have something to do.
>>
>>317596090
It's not a joke, it's wisdom.
>>
>>317596219
Do you guys suck each others dicks?
>>
>>317595695
>>317596112
>The only people who like their mothers want to fuck them

I'm not even surprised. This seems to be the basis of most (shitty property) fanbases.
>>
>>317596484
No, but we could if we wanted to.
>>
>>317596219
I just joined the military, got a "desk" job, but told my mom I was on a war front so she's constantly panicking about stupid shit.

THATS FOR MAKING ME WORRY ABOUT MUNDANE SHIT MOM.
>>
>>317596484
Just for pranks
>>
>>317583137
gtao
fucking chinks and vodka drinking bearfuckers ruined the goddamn game
>>
>>317596081
Like gif viewing? yeah that's retarded
>>
File: 1442108419937.jpg (175 KB, 565x678) Image search: [Google]
1442108419937.jpg
175 KB, 565x678
>>317583137
Battle station was set up on the dining room table between the kitchen and the living room. This was because my step dad refused to let me have my computer in my own room because I "never come down then"

Step dad would make loud grunts to be passive aggressive comments about me playing on my computer.

To the point where he made up excuses that he couldn't watch tv at all because I was always out there despite being in a completely different room.

I couldn't watch my mom play dungeon keeper because according to him that's playing videogames

My mom finally stood up for me and said I could have it in my room, but he still would walk in and just start questioning why I did nothing but videogames all day and how I should play outside.

Mom finally got pissed about hearing me & him bitch.
Told me to lock my door and ignore him, and to find something else to do.

When I was younger my dad would password lock his computer, which was fucking nothing since he just placed it in the "hint" area anyway.
Download WC3 frozen throne and play shit to my hearts content until finally he deleted it all and put "Anon, Not this time" in the hint section

Meet my computer wizard buddy Richard, Fucker lives and breathes computers.
Me and him go to all the computer junk stores and Frankenstein a computer together for a week.
50 bucks for a 8 gig to run all my shit, and a fuckton monitor that needed a fan blowing on it 24/7

Dad wonders why I don't bitch about not being able to use his computer finds me playing on my beast.
Limits me to 30 minutes a day.

Raged and got it decreased to 20 minutes.

Fuck post computer parents and their bullshit.

Oh and the cherry on top, I shit you not.
>Anon my computer has viruses from that game you installed
Fucker had toolbars covering a third of his screen.
>>
>>317595695
My mum was never ashamed of walking in front of me naked, even now when I'm 20 years old.

I hate it.
>>
>>317596019
I don't think I'm that bad of a person. I always try to help those around me and I never complain about anything openly. I'm just your friendly neighborhood helper autist. It's just that on the inside I actually want everyone to die.

What's that one saying? "Familiarity breeds contempt" or something like that.
>>
>>317588154
I'm not saying they're retarded, but you should probably kill yourself for the sake of eugenics
>>
>>317596843
>Raged

Kill yourself, sperg
>>
>>317596219
It's not that simple, I'm from a country where financial instability means most people start living on their own when they're in their late twenties and early thirties.

Also, there's really no societal pressure to move away from one's parents like it's in the USA, so I'm not inclined to do that in the first place.
>>
>>317596896
HE HATES IT!
>>
Whenever I'd fuck up as a kid, my dad use to say "damnit anon, always in your little video game land, not paying attention to the outside..." In the most disappointed voice ever.

I guess he thoroughly convinced himself that I was always thinking about vidya 24/7 and that any fuck up I did was because I was too busy thinking about vidya. Fucking "video game land". My parents (especially my dad) hated vidya.

Fuck that shit though, I still play vidya all the damn time and I'm doing fine in life.
>>
File: descartes8c4.jpg (13 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
descartes8c4.jpg
13 KB, 640x480
>>317596896
>>
>>317597185
You don't have to live your life by the majority statistic you know?

My mother didn't want me to ever move out. I was living with her until I was 25. I could have stayed longer. I left because I chose to.
>>
File: 1438375019927.jpg (42 KB, 552x549) Image search: [Google]
1438375019927.jpg
42 KB, 552x549
Oh god, this thread takes me back.

>Family are very strict Christians
>be about 13
>shared a room with my older brother who was 17
>I was always the 'black sheep' and my brother was the ideal christian child
>Parents would never let me play or own vidya
>Some time after my 13th birthday, with the money i got from family i bought a ps1
>I made my brother promise to not tell my parents, and he said ok
>Fast forward 2 days later
>Pull out ps1 from under bed, because thats where i hid it
>My Brother had ripped off the pyramid, cross, box and zero buttons
>I cried like a bitch, my brother laughed, and i got beatings from my dad when he found out i bought a games console.
>Never played vidya again until I was 19
>>
>>317594845
oh fuck I can't breathe
>>
>>317597561
This is why we need time machines and better axes.
>>
>>317597561
I want to beat your brother
>>
>>317597561
fuck

this thread is making me hate both religion and women

well, making me hate them even more that is

full neckbeard mode here.
>>
>>317588309
>caring about school grades.
My only concern as aparent would be to just not fail any subjects. I'd be fine with a passing grade because really school is pretty stupid.

College is where it's at.

It's not as if I'm ever having kids anyway, thank god I like cock.
>>
>way younger, living at home
>play vidya and generally spent a lot of time at the computer
>sometimes talk about vidya, what it is about and stuff and why I like it
>everybody gives me this look
>this goes on for a few years, me to dumb to realize what is going on
>start to notice how things work
>never bring up vidya and my hobbies ever again
>anon why do you never talk about yourself
>what are you doing on the computer all day
>>
>>317596896
Same here
It's 6 of us in a kinda small house, the only ones in the family actively trying to not be seen naked it's me and my almost-teen sister. My father too, i guess
>>
>>317583137
Nah, my parents let me play video games. If I did my homework, then it didn't matter.
>>
>>317597863
Well, gotta get decent grades in highschool at least if you wanna actually get I to a good college
>>
>>317597561
>pyramid button
wat
>>
>>317595895
This.

I'm 22 and living with my parents, everyone still walks around naked here.
>>
>>317597561
Your family was stupid, I hope they die in a car accident.
>>
>>317597561
I would've killed my brother in his sleep if I had one like yours.
>>
>>317598070
Maybe in burgerland, but you can just take a common admission exam in other places.
>>
>>317597414
>You don't have to live your life by the majority statistic you know?

Well of course not, but that doesn't really help me if I can't find a fucking job. My older brother who still lives with us has been unemployed until now, and he's fucking 28.
>>
>>317595695
you were playing Super Meat Boy?
>>
>all these mommy issues

No wonder why /v/ would rather bitch about women than discuss vidya.
>>
File: 1440120085473.jpg (65 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1440120085473.jpg
65 KB, 530x530
>>317583137
My mother never shamed me for playing video games as a kid but I did have limits on how much time I could spend on it and it was usually based on both my behavior and the school reports.
My step-father from back then on the other hand, he was a fucking asshole about it. He literally had no respect for what I was doing.
He would usually turn off my SNES so that he or my half-sister could watch television without giving me any warning.

And not long after I finally got a television in my room, the main one broke and he tried to take my television away from me to put it in the living room. I basically locked my door and told him to fuck off and he went batshit insane. I launched a series of insults and he started yelling in an inaudible manner while trying to break down my door until he got caught red handed by my mother who came back from work.

I have never seen a man being this afraid of a woman in my whole life.
>>
>>317592503
Swimming at 12-13 is really fucking old. What the fuck, amerikeks? Swimming here is mandatory at 7 years old.
>>
>tfw my parents always let me play any games without making a fuzz about it
>>
>>317598791
Did he get what was coming to him?

Please tell me that she insulted him by telling him the truth about himself for 3 hours straight.
>>
>>317598898
Yet you're still here
>>
>>317583840
your mother is a cunt either way. breaking shit when youre mad is literally spoiled little shit tier.
>>
>>317597414
Your idea of easy job probably doesn't earn enough to live by himself where he resides though.
>>
>Be me, 15yo in 2004 , sick as fuck at home
>"Friends" at school message me saying I failed a test pretty badly
>Tell mom
>Mom I super pissed and take all cables of TV and PS2
>"You'll play again when I see results!"
>Being like this for almost 2 weeks
>Back to school
>it was all a lie
>9/10

Goddamit
>>
>>317598863
>Mandatory swimming
Our schools teach us skills that actually help us. Our government doesn't ever force us to learn to swim. We don't have "mandatory swimming lessons", we aren't a sinking ship.
>>
File: BTFO.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>317597561
>pyramid, cross, box and zero buttons
>>
>>317583137

i had my WW2 veteran grandfather watch me play paper mario through the part where you had to make a cake for the big shyguy

was awful
>>
Holy shit, my parents and I used to get into a lot of arguments over it.
During teenage years:
>"anon all you do is play games! I'm going to break them all!"
> well what the fuck else am I supposed to do? You never let me go out with my friends, mom
>"you should be studying to be a doctor or lawyer!"
>fuck that shit, I already get straight A's in school without studying

During college:
> Have first couple of years paid by parents
> take a couple of years off to go innaarmy due to "wat am I studying for" and sipping the patriotic koolaid
> manage to somehow hide this fact from parents, and make anyone else that knows swear to take this secret to the grave with them. Parents think I was making no progress due to "I couldn't get into my prerequisites and failed a few courses and have to repeat them."
> get out of innaarmy and finish school thanks to GI bill. Any money parents sent is put into a savings account where I eventually have back to them
>be back home for vacation one week, mostly just sitting around starting off into space
>"anon look at what video games did to you, it made you lazy and you failed for two years! "
>almost snap on them, but go into tirade about "well if you didn't raise such a fucking coward and if dad got off his fucking ass watching football all day maybe I wouldn't have to had learned to be a fucking man from someone else" and other daddy issues bs like that

Present day:
>working at engineering firm
>making enough to pay for my own bills and whatever I want
>still play vidya from time to time, but my bigger hobby is collecting guns
>mom still gives me shit about vidya despite not having evidence that I play all day
>I just remind her that I'm living on my own, paying for everything on my own and it wouldn't be any of her business anyway
>>
File: 8Y6Cieo.png (212 KB, 287x349) Image search: [Google]
8Y6Cieo.png
212 KB, 287x349
>>317599034
i didnt know that this whole cancerous parent thing was so common
>>
File: 1397657563095.png (5 KB, 241x260) Image search: [Google]
1397657563095.png
5 KB, 241x260
>>317583137
My dad didn't care much about my gaming so I never really had any "limitations" with tv/game usage.

I convinced him once and for all when I told him "Games are just like watching TV, movies and sports, except you actually interact and do something other than just sit there"

he never knew about the chinese cartoons I watch, but I doubt he would have cared about those either, he was a cool dad
>>
>>317599250
At least 80% of parents are better off dead. If you are one of the lucky ones, be grateful and never betray them.
>>
>mom walks in
>you're masturbating, too late to hide it
SON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

your response is...
>>
>>317597863
Graduate here

Yeah hs is pretty useless. There's general requirements at most universities, or at least all public unis in America. They're meant to "broaden the student's education," or as we like to say, "cover shit we should have learned in hs but didn't"
>>
>>317597334
KUYASHII
>>
File: feel in the dark.png (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
feel in the dark.png
43 KB, 400x400
>>317599339
At least you have a dad
>>
>>317599379
I'm fucking jacking it. Now you just gunna stand there or are you gunna help?
>>
File: sexed.jpg (455 KB, 1120x1600) Image search: [Google]
sexed.jpg
455 KB, 1120x1600
>>317599379
Thinking about you
>>
>>317583137
My parents walked in when I was playing Snake Eater during the scene where Snake and Eva were "wrestling" around the campfire in the cave. I tried to explain it wasn't porn but they both laughed.

My Dad walked in when I was playing Spider-man 2 (after he confiscated it from a kid at his chool, don't remember the context) and thought the the game was rad as shit.

Same for 1080 Avalanche on Gamecube. In fact I think he played that game more than I did and even broke a control out of rage during the actual Avalanche level.

Mom plays vidya on a semi-regular basis but only really likes easy, casual shit like Mario 3D World or Yoshi's Wooly Word. Still actually kind of fun when we play co-op although she will get easily pissed if I don't let her do everything.

Dad also loved playing N64 games. We would always do makeshift co-op where we would both try to stay in 1st and 2nd place and then fuck over the CPU at any given opportunity. Double Dash was based and I'm sad it hasn't returned to Mario Kart.
>>
File: 1442304280300.jpg (98 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1442304280300.jpg
98 KB, 500x667
>>317599379
"fuck off you stupid cunt im trying to frag this charlie"
>>
>>317599379
>I-I was playing Gamecube!
>>
>>317599379
w-warmin it up for you, baby. ;)
>>
File: 1433526249144.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433526249144.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
my dad and I used to play 007 goldeneye on the n64, this first and only time I beat him was the latest time he played with me. he would watch me play from time to time, when I played the godfather he would jokingly yell at me that I should only walk and drive everywhere because I would ruin my suit with sweat if I ran.

I miss him so much.
>>
>>317599398
KUYASHIIIIIII!
>>
File: 1396111991404.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1396111991404.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>317599438
had*
>>
>About Age 10
>World Of Warcraft comes out
>Everyone starts playing it
>Parents see what I'm doing and start to ask my why I spend so much time on it
>"Well, it's really good! Why don't you try it?"
>Both parents start playing
>11 years later and my mum has about 8 level 100 characters and still plays avidly.

I'm starting to wonder whether she has nothing else in her life
>>
>8 my first computer, hours at the pc. They didn't give a fuck
>16 returning from school always went upstairs and turned on the pc to play. They didn't give a fuck
>24 I have my own notebook and play it for hours. THEY GIVE A FUCK
>>
>>317599543
I get so jealous when I hear of people with parents that play video games, especially moms who play Nintendo. I don't know why but that just sounds cool.

My mom only plays Facebook games.
>>
I was the opposite, strangely. I begged my parents to let me play soccer, go to boy scouts, and other outdoor activities and shit. Instead, they refused because it was too much hassle for them.

So instead they made me stay home and I was basically stuck playing videogames growing up.
>>
>>317599881

>outdoor activities

you don't want to be THAT kid
>>
>>317599881
I know how you feel man. I want to play soccer, go to boy scouts, and other outdoor activities and shit too, but my parole officer won't let me. Shit sucks.
>>
I think my parents used to play Tetris Plus on PS1, but then dad died and no more vidya for my mom. I emulated in retroarch a year ago and we played a couple times, she's better than me. I formatted my PC since then, I should set it up again.
>>
>>317585631
They obviously didn't want you equating a day off from school due to illness (which should be about rest) with a day of doing whatever you want, this is pretty basic stuff man
>>
>>317598963
Pretty much yeah. I had to explain all the shitty things he did to me when she wasn't there. The funny thing about this is that he didn't protest at all.
My mother was quite composed for most of the discussion until he spouted a "I wasn't being serious with all that." She got mad like I've never seen her being mad before.

She then proceed to cut the cable television and infantilize him for the last 2 years of their relationship.
>>
>>317586139
great story would read again
>>
>>317599379
>IT'S JUST GODZILLA, MOM

No, seriously, in my early days of porn i only knew that some cheap networks had the naked ladies from a certain hour on
Thing is those cheap networks also aired cheap movies like the Godzilla ones, so often i would fall asleep watching monsters beating each other up but later in the night my parents would hear sex noises and moans coming from my room
>>
>>317600161
Thank you.

I'm so happy for you.
>>
>>317599537
s- source?
>>
>>317599438
If my dad never personally teach me how to be a man, did I ever have one?
>>
>>317599163
>fuck that shit, I already get straight A's in school without studying
> take a couple of years off to go innaarmy
>Hide the fact your in the fucking army and not school for two years

I don't believe you. Even if it was true how fucking uninvested/mentally retarded were your parents to not notice.
>>
>>317599798
It's not really that great. Like I said, she only plays casual, easier vidya like Mario or Yoshi. She can't even handle basic puzzle solving or any problem-solving beyond "GO FORWARD AND TRY NOT TO GET HIT" because her brain is fried from 20+ years of smoking weed nonstop.

God help if we ever want to play Zelda. She constantly bugs me to come in and help her while I'm trying to do other shit and she will "get stuck" on the tiniest of obstacles. She couldn't even figure out what to do with the statues in the Tower of the Gods or even what doors to go in despite a camera pan showing you EXACTLY where you need to go next. I can't even really think of a single vidya she s able to complete without either my help or referring to a guide.
>>
>>317599775
>parents have no problem with my gaming habits my whole childhood
>now that I'm out on my own its this huge issue what I do with my spare time

I will never fucking understand this.
>>
Wow I'm so glad i had good parents
>>
File: 1341302732106.gif (37 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1341302732106.gif
37 KB, 200x194
>>317600269
I use to get off on those half hour girls gone wild commercials on at like 5am. They were censored, there was only like 3 different versions and I'd always be tired during school the next day, but this went on for like 2 years, every night.

It should be mandatory to give kids private internet access when they reach that age, so they don't get as desperate as I was and sleep through school.
>>
My mother didn't shame me much for playing vidya all the time, because she did it herself. She was always sitting on the computer, playing casual games. It was a way for her to relax after a long day of work.
>>
File: sad_pepe.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sad_pepe.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
who /onlychildofsinglemother/ here

>tfw you were destined to be a /r9k/ faggot since the very start
>>
>>317600640
A lot of parents are retarded and think they're kid will suddenly start shitting out grandchilen as soon they hit 20 despite them not giving a fuck or even discouraging dating beforehand.
>>
>>317600480
>get a's without studying
That was high school. College was mostly b-c.

Eh but whatever, I don't care if you believe me. Yeah you'll meet the best bros you'll ever have if you serve, but don't. Ultimately I don't think it was worth any of it.
>>
File: Lelfrog.jpg (20 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
Lelfrog.jpg
20 KB, 235x214
>play video games, my father sits on the couch
>he starts masturbating, i look behind, he looks me in the eyes and keeps on stroking
>fix my eyes on the screen and don't dare to look behind anymore or move and wait until he leaves the room
>>
>Start slipping into depression Senior year of high school
>Always had straight A's, played three sports, but also play video games
>Parents constantly telling me how I'm addicted to video games or whatever
>In college go full on depression, put on literally 40 lbs in a year and failing the occasional class
>Parents constantly blaming video games for my grades, doing shit like turning off the internet
>Eventually Dad starts a fistfight with me.

Maybe I'm a bad person or just too lazy when I have to try but I've more or less given up now, I lost 30 of the 40 lbs I put on but even when I put in effort I can't seem to actually learn or accomplish anything anymore.
>>
File: 1431016169089.png (649 KB, 1197x758) Image search: [Google]
1431016169089.png
649 KB, 1197x758
>>317600861
>mfw I'm a textbook story of a failure from the start because of this
>>
ITT: Depression fuel.
>>
File: 1447665041929.png (122 KB, 227x253) Image search: [Google]
1447665041929.png
122 KB, 227x253
>>317600918
>College was a bust
>Job hunt with no sucess
>Excited about prospect of joining military and actually learning shit
>Rejected by multiple recruiters because apparently you can't be on ANY MEDICATION AT ALL in order to enlist
>Go back to hopelessly job hunting and pray to God at the very least I can get some sort of work.

At least I still ahve vidya as some form of comfort.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.