[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played the original version and wanted to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: legend-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
legend-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I haven't played the original version and wanted to get a new 3ds game, is MM3D worth 40 bucks?
>>
Yes. Original is better, but its still the best 3DS game.
>>
I did the same Thing and it's a ton of fun. It's defienitly my favorite legend of Zelda game. And I actually enjoyed playing it now compared to when o was 8
>>
The main story is really short. Only 4 dungeons long. But the game has a buttload of sidequests that'll keep you busy for a long time. Really, the sidequests are the main attraction, and the dungeons are more of a formality.

Lack of a second/master quest makes it a step down from OoT3D, but still pretty fun.

If you have zero experience with it, I'd say go for it. It's a dense game that gives back as much as you're willing to put in.
>>
>>316847163
yeah, from a gameplay point of view it's better than the original, but some people prefer the aesthetic of the N64
>>
>>316847840
>gameplay is better than the original
Emulate it and use save points at the owl statues if it bothers you that much. What else did they change?
>>
>>316847423
>Original is better
Damn... can't find that picture of the fat fedora.
>>
>>316847936
off the top of my head
>new 7th bottle sidequest
>song of double time lets you select a time to skip to
>bomber's notebook is easier to use and has more stuff
>more mappable buttons
>>
They also moved a few things around. Off the top of my head the stone mask is in gerudo fortress(i.e., where you'd actually use it) rather than in the "4th area"
>>
>>316848227
>more mappable buttons
2 touchscreen buttons at the cost of 1 shoulder button item, I prefer the latter

Rest is good.
>>
should I get this or the new poke mystery dungeon? While that has more hours of content I worry that it'll be boring
>>
>>316848227
You forgot higher framerate and less slowdown.
That is always a gameplay improvement.
>>
File: 1439654652263.png (206 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
1439654652263.png
206 KB, 474x528
>>316848071
This is the best I have.
>>
>>316848857
you're right, I'd also add that the 3ds feels much better than a 64 controller, also the boss fights are different but that's subjective.

imo the only flaws with this version are the lack of a master quest and that Zora Link now swims slow as fuck without using magic.
>>
>>316847936
also they moved the soldier who gives you the stone mask, from being injured outside the canyon, to being injured in the pirate fortress because he was spying on girls. I know it isn't a big change, but it bothers me.
They also moved where the girl is on the ranch after being abducted, she used to stand in a corner of the wall and just stand there with a blank stare but now she sits in front of the house and wiggles around
just makes the game seem sillier I guess
>>
>>316849153
the boss fights are objectively different though. at least the fish is much different, go back and play them
>>
>>316850817
I meant that whether it's a good or bad thing is subjective
>>
>>316851073
oh oops, I'm retarded
>>
File: 1445972397157.jpg (13 KB, 280x226) Image search: [Google]
1445972397157.jpg
13 KB, 280x226
Play the original. It's better I hear.

MM3D just isn't the same.
>Ruined the moon, turning an angry tormented face into a confused bald-headed man.
>Gyorg is no longer the resurrected Jurassic king of Skullfish and Desreskos. He's a big fish that was possessed by a mask. In the original it's implied by the fact they stop appearing that Skullfish are Gyorg babies that hav been raised from the dead along with their queen. That's also why the Gerudo keep a Desbreko. The fact it's the only one seen implies that it's some rare specimen, making Gyorg, even rarer still.
>All bosses have eyes which ruins the fights (can't ram into Ghot's butt).
>Twinmold fight is a QTE and you can no longer beat him unless you're Giant Link.
>Moved Shiro to Great Bay removing the allusion of him being the counterpart to Shiro the dead soldier in OoT's backalley. That's why he was in the land of the dead. He was a commentary on how you can overlook good people and make them under-appreciated, just because they don't stand out. It also, de-linked the connect between him and the Ghost Hunter who is the Poe guard in Oot.
>They changed the bottle from the Beaver Bros. to something else, when the bros probably got it because they collect trinkets to build their dams out of and had stolen it from the Fisherman which is why he didn't give you the seahorse in a bottle.
>Nerfed Deku Link's waterskipping, Ice Arrows, Zora swminng.
>they changed the speed of time, which has other ramifications.
>>
>>316851956
well fuck, sometimes I think I'm a fan and then I see people that know all this stuff. Interesting post, anon.
>>
>>316852484
No need to swear.

Also, to be honest, the Gyorg thing I'm only bashing it on the fact that in the original Gyorg's Mask IS its face. However, I just double checked and they did update it in OoT3D, so it's not really a valid complaint, unless you count the original purple as the canon look. But I won't nitpick that far.

Also, to elaborate on the speed of time. Posters on /v/ have said it's been sped up by one-third. In the original, the game was more or less designed around this. You could beat it, and with over half a day to spare if you know what you're doing. Given that they nerfed Deku-skipping, and lengthened the fight with Odolwa (in a negative way because you have less freedom), I highly doubt you can still do this because you need to have learned Epona's Song before nightfall of the 1st day. However, supposing you can, this would make the time to beat the game much tighter.

Another thing that has yet to be seen is a secret I've never told anyone. That's that Hot Spring Water has its own timer (I think it lasts 5 or 6 minutes). It's possible to warp to Snowhead, and roll your way into the temple while still carrying a piping bottle and pour it over the first iced door you see, which saves you about about three minutes over all. I don't know if this can or can't be done in MM3D yet because I haven't tested it.
>>
>>316854087
Updated in MM3D's art I mean.

Ultimately, it wouldn't hurt to have both games if you're a major fan and know all the differences.
>>
>>316854087
CORRECTION number 2.

You don't need to beat Odolwa to get Epona first, but there is still the question of the mini-bosses. I will know all these things in a week hopefully and make a thread.
Just search for me in the archives. http://arch.b4k.co/v/
>>
>>316847163
Sure.
>>
>>316847163
Majora's Mask is the fedora choice. The game isn't that great, don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>316847163
It's easy to 100%, if you're into that
>>
>>316851956
I'm pretty sure the beavers still give you the bottle, the actual change was that they took the bottle from the ikana graveyard and swapped it with the swamp boat arrow challenge heart piece, so people get access to more bottles sooner, where they are going to be relevant.
>>
>>316847163

No, it's the main Zelda game with the least amount of content. It literally only has 4 dungeons and most of its assets were Ocarina of Time's. Its appropriate price should be something around $15.
>>
>>316847163
yeah it's worth it, one of the most interesting and unique zelda (or maybe even just nintendo) games there is in terms of setting and story. gameplay is just like OOT though
>>
>>316854087
>and lengthened the fight with Odolwa
he's still piss-easy
fly above him with deku link
drop nuts
attack with sword
repeat 3 times

over in like 15 secs
>>
>>316847163
>>316847840
>>316848071
>>316848857

They removed the fun as fuck Zora swimming which is enough reason in itself to play the original instead.
>>
>>316850641
The bit where she grabs her head and shakes herself? She always did that
>>
>>316847163
definitely.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.