[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no concrete walls >no walls that aren't shitty sheet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Fo4_DiamondCity_Inside.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_DiamondCity_Inside.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>no concrete walls
>no walls that aren't shitty sheet metal at all
>no bunker doors
>no vault doors
>no vaults that you build in/around

Bethesda can't do anything right
>>
>still wearing the vault tech suit after you you get any armor
>>
>>316844463
mods will fix it
>>
They don't have the ability to build concrete walls, shitlord.
>>
>>316844536
Armour makes you naked.
>>
>supposed to be "200 years" after nukes
>everything looks like it's maybe 1 or 2 years after
>>
>>316844612
But they have ablity to build concrete foundations, right ?
>>
>>316844881

Maybe the East Coast nukes had special Mind Retardant serum in it.
Or Bethesda just can't do believable post-apocalyptic societies.

Why are they so afraid of Rebuilding, as a concept?
>>
>>316844881
>>316844907
I swear you niggers are fucking retarded, go rob someone idiot.
>>
So I haven't played through FO3 or 4. Does anyone ever see your vault suit and give you shit about it?
>>
>>316844463
Concrete technology was lost after the fall of Rome.
>>
>>316844907
>can't build concrete
>it's just portland and sand with some crushed stone that you mix with water

It's a hell of a lot easier than sheet metal that's for sure.
>>
>>316844881

this always sort of annoyed me that settlements are full of rubble, even inside the buildings they live in.
>>
No matter how many times you explain to idiots they'll never understand, do hall not understand or even see if you really are playing the game all the shit that's going on? How hard it would be to rebuild becouse of all this shit? It's not like they're dealing with just the wilderness there's
>death laws
>rogue androids
>mutated creatures up the ass
>raiders
>zombies
>radiation everywhere becouse it wasn't just ONE bomb that fell it was a shit ton all over the usa
>radiation storms
>super mutants
I mean do I need to keep going for you retards to get that rebuilding isn't the only thing mother fuckers worry about in the fallout universe ???????
>>
>>316845142
Why don't they just make a setting that is some reasonable time like perhaps 30 years after the nukes.
That way the prewar stuff would be more relevant and you have even have people born before the war who remember the old world, but a new generation who grew up only knowing the dangerous new world.
As it stands its stupid that all these people 200 years removed from the MC's time are still obsessed with prewar stuff.
>>
>>316844463
>no walls with windows
>>
This game is great but this bothers me too.

Also Diamond City is way too small for it to be the jewel of the commonwealth but this is a problem in all Bethesda games. There's only like what 7 houses?
>>
>>>316844463
>build a settlement in a vault
>have to go through a loading screen everytime you want to visit

I rather not
>>
>>316845560
Everyone needs to eat but does everyone have to be a farmer? You're retarded and clearly underage because you don't know shit about everyday life what so ever.
>>
>>316845501
>buildings have all crumbled
>banners and flags and shit still hanging

>everyone builds out of sheet metal and plywood
>concrete, steel, aluminum car parts, etc... are go unused
>pre-war computers in almost every location, still powered and working, and no one has looted them
>>
>>316845560
If the world is so dangerous then why are there all these lazy settler just relaxing all the time? Seems like they got nothing but free time on their hands, how hard is it to sweep up and clear out some rubble? 200 years later and no one has gotten around to basic maintenance.
>>
>>316845560
>build concrete walls
>all of that stuff ceases to be a problem

You have Institute and Enclave inventing vertibirds and teleportation, and the average person can't figure out how to smelt metal or fuse glass?
>>
>>316845827
you do realize the city is inside a baseball stadium, right?
>>
File: 1412295227470.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412295227470.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>there is a limit to how much you can build in your settlement.

i wanted to create a god like fortress to be proud off but behesda dosent even let me do that.
>>
ITT: People wait for mods to fix literally everything about this game
>>
>>316845929
Nigger Im 23 own a condo a car, have a job ,and bench more then you weigh get the fuck out of my face ,back in the day almost everyone was a farmer becouse that's what people did to survive you turd, read a book bitch or I'll kill you
>>
>>316846000
This.

I can buy all of this an excuse for not advancing technology...but not lining up the panels in your wall so there aren't holes everywhere? Not patching your roof so it doesn't leak everywhere?
>>
>>316845657
Because that's not what Fallout is about.
>>
>>316846235
Sure thing but I'll elaborate since you're full of shit. Also
>owns a condo
You're a fucking faggot for that one. Nice depreciating piece of shit you have there.

My point was just because all that shit is going on doesn't mean that a few fucking people can't be the ones building since not everyone can be a fucking warrior, retard. Shelter is literally the first fucking thing you establish any fucking where. Since you're some condo living faggot poorfag I don't expect you to understand anything about actually having to live without the convenience of your parents income though.
>>
>>316846235
The need for everyone to be a hunter/gatherer/farmer stopped being true 10000 years ago when nomads started settling down.
>>
>>316846065
>>316846237
Alright these guys have a point, idk what to tell you beth is just trying to get the point out that's it's a wastland to the idiots who play the game which are a large majority
>>
>>316846235
You're funny I like you
>>
File: 1437593791874.png (505 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1437593791874.png
505 KB, 1024x768
>can't build hidden rooms or other neat comfy shit
>all you can is just minecraft it up with generic square tiles and rooms and basically break immersion with ridiculous structures that don't even look like homes.

Never liked the base building shit the moment I laid eyes on it. Fucking wish Bethesda just did more of what New Vegas did. Here's hoping mods fix this unmitigated mess.
>>
>>316846237
How long do settlements stand before some super mutants, death claws, or who knows what else show up and tear everything down? The number one problem in the world looks to be how no one can defend themselves properly because some asshole always shows up with a better gun.
>>
>>316846489
>Because that's not what Fallout is about

L-E-L

Nobody cares. Most people who play fallout 4 never played the first two games. Their PC won't even able to run the first two games properly
>>
File: ScreenShot6.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot6.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
best villain + best follower

bethesda got 2 things right
>>
>>316845106
Cause then you get boring, easy ass shit like New Vegas.

Best part of NV was dead money, which was totally abandoned and #rekt.
>>
There will be a mod that adds a GECK to vault 111 and you will be able to build sandcrete buildings like in Shady Sands calling it righ fucking now screenscap this post
>>
>>316847181
>The number one problem in the world looks to be how no one can defend themselves properly because some asshole always shows up with a better gun.
Its just typical Bethesda Themepark syndrome. Instead of making a believable 200+ post-apocalyptic sense of civilization, everything feels like it was made for the Player to solve/discover/save.

Theres no sense of existence beyond that.
>>
>>316847662
>12 years old: the post
>>
>>316844536
Vault suits are the best undersuits in the game when they are upgraded they give pretty good Energy and Rad resitance
>>
File: Todd the mutant.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Todd the mutant.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>316844463
So much random shit but i still love the game.
>Cait forever.
>>
>>316844881
>recruitment poster from the nuclear war is not only still attached to the wall, but in good condition
JUST
>>
>>316845261

It comes up a lot, yeah.
>>
>>316845560
It's not like it's been 200 years since the apocalypse and we used to build better looking shit when we had to worry about
>wild animals
>tribes of savages
>other kingdoms/cities
>hot and cold
when we were fucking using togas and didn't know about fucking electrical power you dumb bethdrone
>>
>>316844881
>200 years after nuclear war
>people speak english
>>
>>316849915
>Implying people would just make up dumb languages

They aren't african tribes , besides they are in Bosten you can't really call the way they speak English
>>
>>316850195
200 years of desperate survival and no organized education, i'd at least expect some bizarre pidgin slang.
But nope, crisp polite civil settlers.
>>
There there a mod yet that makes settlement building objects have no clip?

I am tired of having fences that can never join together, having hills make my fances have huge gaps under them, etc.
>>
>>316850998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ8pQSR6jnw
>>
>>316846095

Can't allow console players to build up to the point that the system can't handle it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.