[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drakengard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: caim-drakengard-1.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
caim-drakengard-1.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
Holy fuck why is everything in this game so miserable?
I finally managed to acquire a copy and oh man it was a wild ride.
I felt bad after ending A but I pressed on to get a better ending, but they just got worse and worse.

I feel like shit and I love it.

This game made me realize how much I wish for video game developers to take on more "risky themes" when it comes to characterization and storytelling.
I find it hilarious how the nicest character is either the human hating dragon or the blind pedophile.

Does the rest of the series hold up in quality in terms of storytelling?
>>
No, but the music is still great in 2. A different kind of great compared to the first, but still great.

Still, Drakengard 1 OST is amazing and I love it.
>>
2 wasnt made by Yoko Taro, the original director, so it is a lot more clichéd, but 3 is amazing, aside from technical hurdles. Nier is my favourite, though.
>>
>>316825001
the last ending of this game is so ridiculous I love it.
Also while the gameplay was pretty ass the atmosphere couldn't be more right.
>>
>>316825001
I'm ambivalent about drakengard. As a game it's designed in a really un-fun way. Which actually almost fits into the atmosphere of the game. You are committing mass killings on the battlefield justified by either it's bad soldier people, or the enemies are subhumans who deserve genocide. At the same time it's bland and mechanical turning what would otherwise be a vaguely evil act into laborious drudgery. Add in the almost droning cacophonous music and you're ready for a near mind altering experience.
>>
File: DOD13-timeline-large.jpg (290 KB, 2045x413) Image search: [Google]
DOD13-timeline-large.jpg
290 KB, 2045x413
>>316825001
I'd say they hold up, but don't go into them expecting Drakengard 1 again. D3 and Nier are both much different from D1 but great in their own ways.
>>
>>316825001
2 is shit, Nier is the best in the series and drakengard 3 is pretty okay
>>
>>316827802
I actually really like the music in this game
>>
>>316830174
It's disturbing, stressful, beautiful noise.
>>
>>316827952

So I don't get it. Are they trying to say that those books are within the Drakengard/Nier timeline, or there are stories that they haven't written that just share the same titles?
>>
>>316827802
>You are committing mass killings on the battlefield justified by either it's bad soldier people, or the enemies are subhumans who deserve genocide.
More like "you are committing mass killings on the battlefield justified by the fact that they are between Caim and whatever he desires at that given moment."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.