[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alrite /v/. I'm about to play Undertale. I've read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: undertale_logo.png (1 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
undertale_logo.png
1 KB, 658x164
Alrite /v/. I'm about to play Undertale. I've read all the hype. My wife's son told me I should be prepared to have all of my expectations destroyed. What am I in for /v/?
>>
File: 1444313629380.png (141 KB, 426x220) Image search: [Google]
1444313629380.png
141 KB, 426x220
just play the game dipshit
>>
>>316820537

Le wifes son hahahahahah

But if you're serious about undertale just go play it, it's best to go in blind.

Then you can come back and laugh at all the irrational hipster opinions and mental gymnastics people preform to convince themselves they hate it after it became popular
>>
>>316820537
Get the fuck out of this thread.

Like, now.

It's like you want to get spoiled.
>>
Do whatever man-Hannbull borrows.
>>
>>316820537

>read all the hype

It's already ruined for you desu imo senpai
>>
File: 1445871717935.gif (565 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445871717935.gif
565 KB, 320x240
>>316820537
>wife's son
Excuse me anon
>>
>>316820537
>my wife's son
>>
>>316820537

is your wife's son brown/black by any chance?
>>
I enjoy banging single moms, but I'd never fucking marry one, OP.
>>
>>316820537
Why couldn't neutral Frisk just take Toriel's soul?
>>
File: Pill Poppin' Puggo.jpg (89 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
Pill Poppin' Puggo.jpg
89 KB, 480x459
>>
Just fucking play it senpai. Don't let your expectations get over your head because of the stupid fanbase.
>>
Name your character after yourself

Don't try to cheese a single run true pacifist thing because the last three bosses are going to be awful to fight for the first time with 20 HP and actually killing things in neutral is something you're supposed to do for story purposes.

Keep petting
>>
>>316820537
Your joke fails conceptually. Because if you've already read all the hype, then there's no reason to ask /v/ what you're in for.
You just shoehorned in "my wife's son", without giving it the proper framework.
>>
listen to your black stepson OP
don't do this to yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNSEQ8uC9s
>>
File: Bvqb5X2.jpg (17 KB, 276x310) Image search: [Google]
Bvqb5X2.jpg
17 KB, 276x310
>wife's son
>>
>>316821768
>killing things in neutral is something you're supposed to do for story purposes.
I've been hearing this more an more. This is a subtle troll, right? It's terrible advice.
>>
>>316822063
I feel like they didn't have to remix that song to be able to badly animate that to it

Hell it could've just been playing Death by Glamour
>>
>>316822203
No, actual spoilers
It's kind of the entire point of meeting Sans for the first time before Asgore where you're supposed to atone for all you've done. The whole thing about LV being LOVE being revealed to be another acronym and EXP being Execution Points doesn't hold any weight if you don't realize how much you've been murdering the neutral playthrough. Plus anyone complaining about surviving Muffet and Mettaton I've seen have been tryhards doing a single-playthrough true pacifist when those bosses weren't built for that. Having more than 20 HP gives you a ton of leeway against them. Asgore is the most prominent example of "not meant to be handled at level 1" considering you're meant to near-kill him and it's difficult as fuck to do that with barely any damage output
>>
>>316822594
>Implying asgore is hard in pacifist
>Implying anything in undertale outside of sans is hard on any run
>>
>>316822594
Don't plenty of people play non lethal in games like me? I really can't imagine there were only a small amount of people didn't kill anyone the first playthrough, I'm sure lots did avoid it
>>
>>316822594

I went in completely blind (real, "the game was gifted to me" kind of blind) and ended up doing pure pacifist on my first go.

I didnt want to kill in front of torial and wised up quick after i got to talk to the frog who says show mercy to enemies

The game is piss easy even on pure pacifist. Hearing about how people had trouble with muffet and mettaton actually made me angry at how bad people can even be at videogames.

The only thing i ever died multiple times to was asgore and that's only because i was too stubborn to actually attack him
>>
>>316822856
The game is set up for you not to fight Asgore with zero EXP. You outright skip him in true pacifist.
Sans really isn't that bad once you know his attack patterns. He's standard touhou, but you have a ton of leeway being level 20.

>>316822985
You're meant to go neutral first route so Flowey can tell you to go pacifist. The game does a ton of things to try to put you into neutral, like the scripted crit on Toriel. If you just go pacifist twice, that's just kind of pointless. If you just reload saves to go neutrla pacifist to True Pacifist, you miss out on a ton of stuff, like Papyrus vaguely recognizing you.
>>
>make a shit thread about a shit game
>2 replies, archived
>make the same shit thread about a shit game
>throw "wife's son" somewhere in the OP
>>316820734
>>316821061
>>316821287
>>316821392
>>316821405
>these retards give free bumps
>>
>>316822594
No, that's only *one* way to play the game. Not *the* way. There is a lot of reward in avoiding kills. Not just by what content the game provides. But the feeling you get when you pull it off successfully.
When you reach judgement in pacifist, and you discovered all the fucked up stuff about the stats(which one might have expected by that point anyway), then it's even more rewarding. The game practically stops short of handing you a badge for your good work.
You almost feel like a hero. You don't feel the weight of your actions, but rather, you feel elated because you avoided that weight.
The judgement scene works in a variety of ways, depending on how you played.

Also, Asgore isn't that hard. I beat him on my second try without the knife. I didn't equip the knife, because I assumed there was something wrong with it. It just seemed evil to have it equipped. Plus the book had some bonus effect that was useful defensively. And the only reason I died the first time, was because I relentlessly tried talking to Asgore. Otherwise, I probably would have beaten him with how many turns I survived.
>>
>>316823324
True Pacifist on your "first" playthrough requires you go through neutral pacifist, reload your save from before you fought the final boss, backtrack three areas, and fill out an entire chunk of plot before going back to the final boss, instead of just actually restarting the game after you beat it or doing anything else if you reload your save.

It's not a thing most people do.
>>
>>316823396
But if you go pacifist first time it feels more geniune in the sense of everyone saying how you're so nice and how determined you are to be nice feels more real
>>
>>316823626
Flowey tells you to reload your file if you complete neutral pacifist. Its not as hard as you think.
>>
>>316823396

Dude

You are FORCED to see the neutral ending first, even in pure pacifist.

You are literally unable to go intro the true lab until you have done it(it counts pervious runs)

You are expected to beat asgore at 20hp if you do pacifist first.
>>
>>316823865
He tells you to restart without killing anything and there's a specific dialog you're meant to go through after Toriel where he tells you "Remember, don't kill anything. I can't believe I'm the one who has to tell you this." And when he turns on you in the true pacifist ending you're meant to realize it was because he wanted you low leveled, which doesn't make a difference if you just do two pacifist runs in a row.
>>
>>316824053
Dude, Toby worte a bunch of dialog based on your individual actions. You're only saying that the way you did it is the right way, because it seemed appropriate to you. But doing it the many other ways would seem appropriate to every other player, because of the amount of contextual dialog in the game.

In other words: You're projecting.
>>
i haven't played all of the game but i fucking hate people trying to get me to do a certain run. fuck that im playing my way; why even bother if im going for the meme ending in a meme game.
>>
>>316820537

Maybe you should play it and find out for yourself.
>>
If you have a wife, I assume you're over the age of 24.

Therefore, prepare for a childish game with shitty internet humor and memes everywhere. And I use the term 'game' loosely. It's garbage.
>>
>>316821516
A: Monster souls disappear almost immediately. It had to be Asgore because he was at the barrier.
B: What kind of sick fuck kills Toriel even in a neutral run? The game flat out tells you multiple times that you don't have to kill anyone.
>>
File: 1447629753599.jpg (697 KB, 1175x1064) Image search: [Google]
1447629753599.jpg
697 KB, 1175x1064
>my wifes son
so it's one of those threads
>>
>>316821768
I did pacifist first run. Asgore was a tough fucker, but far from impossible.

>talk to Asgore after dying and reloading
>you tell him that he's already killed you before
>he knows

That was kind of neat.
>>
>>316824053

Dude no

When you beat flowey in pacifist he will tell you can get a "better ending" if you reload your save become better friends with alphys. When you reload, undyne will call you and tell you about her letter.

He does not tell you to do a second pasifist run.
>>
>>316825564
>>316825564
Asgore was only hard on pacifist because he's the first time in the god-damned game that you need to actually properly fight. Once you figure out to hit him the battle is basically over.
>>
>>316825261
>aite I cant spare her straight away and talking does nothing so lets try weakening her
>well shit she died whatever

thats how I played my first run
also killed some enemies because I wanted to test the fighting system and wanted more hp
>>
>>316825846
I'm just terrible at the bullet hell stuff. I ended up talking to him three times to weaken him, at the pie to weaken him more, then still had to eat several dog salads before I won.

I also had a shitty weapon because I figured I wouldn't need it, so that didn't help.
>>
>>316823528
they're called new fags
>>
>>316825984
I think that's what happens to most people. I had seen Dunkey's video before playing, so I knew not to try that.
>>
>>316826074
the game gives you a free dagger right before the end of the game how could you possibly miss that
>>
>>316826307
Bad at observation? I think I had the frying pan.
>>
>>316820537
>wife's son
>>
File: mettaton.jpg (188 KB, 1156x1039) Image search: [Google]
mettaton.jpg
188 KB, 1156x1039
Metatton is the best boss.
>>
File: 1447321394895.jpg (11 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1447321394895.jpg
11 KB, 453x604
>>316825468
>>
>>316826538
He was pretty fabulous. I told him so in my essay.
>>
>>316826307

Not him, but i left it because my inventory was full and as a pasifist the book was a better because I wouldn't be attacking.

I did go back for it when i realized i had to attack asgore
>>
>>316826225
"newfag" is one word you fucking moron.
>>
I know what you mean OP. When I first met my wife's kid, I felt like I had to kill the little fucker, but they were a good kid, and after me and the wife moved back together, the kid had to come with her of course, so I learned to deal, and now I learned to share some of my hobbies with them, like gardening.
>>
>wife's son
>>
>>316820734
basically this. I finished it last week and it was incredible. /v/ is so full of fucking shit it actually really does make me kind of mad. fuck all of you
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.