[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: guide_screen_ds2[1].jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2[1].jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
Is it as bad as they say? Or is it just a step down, and somewhat sloppy, and the fans of Demon and Dark then dismiss it as worst ever?

I have it on my wishlist and I'll buy it when it's cheap.

Also if it's so bad why haven't mods fixed it?
>>
>>316818540
it's okay

I don't like souls games though so I don't really see what the issue is with it compared to ds1 or demons souls or bloodbourne
>>
>>316818540
PvE is a step down and somewhat sloppy.

PvP was a total trainwreck. Don't even touch it. Mods can't fix the gameplay, only the visuals which weren't bad at all if you had gedosato.
>>
I'm in the minority of actually preferring 2 to 1. It has its flaws but its more enjoayble to play and the story is a lot more interesting concerning an individual cursed person as opposed to 1 which focused more on the world the undead have to live in.
>>
>>316818540
>Or is it just a step down, and somewhat sloppy, and the fans of Demon and Dark then dismiss it as worst ever?
You've summarized the situation pretty effectively.

It's absolutely worth your time though if you enjoyed DaS1 or DeS.
>>
>>316818679

mods can't fix hit boxes?
>>
Dark Souls 1
>Difficult curve to the game, but fun after understanding the basic mechanics it provides a great experience
>Armor serves a purpose
>Enemies can occasionally be difficult, but dying to them is not unfair
>PvP is backstabs and learning how to counter those

Dark Souls 2
>Everything but end-game sucks cock
>Rolling doesn't work, period
>PvE boils down to "how many enemies can I throw at you at once?" and praying that the hitboxes are fair
>Staggering after getting hit once by a random undead with his FIST
>shockwaves
>PvP consists of buffing 8 different things and then R1 spam

I don't see how 2 is any fun, at all
>>
It's alright.
It's noticeably worse in comparison to the older titles in the series in terms of atmosphere, pvp, levep design, and the animations. But it's still pretty good.

I haven't touched scholar of the first sin or any of the DLC just yet but I've heard great things. I'm probably gonna try it once I get my ps4 tonight.
>>
I loved des and das and I really enjoyed the multiplayer aspects of dasII. The pve was ok, although it was much better in the dlc areas
>>
>>316818795
Nope.
>>
>>316818540
shitters will say it's bad, but that's just because they can't bait for backstabs and parries anymore.
>>
>>316818904
>Rolling doesn't work, period

Adaptability is the stupidest shit, I swear.
Who makes a fucking stat dedicated to proper hitboxes?
>>
>>316819196
Have they officially said Adaptability and Soul memory won't be in DaS3?
>>
>>316818540
>is it just a step down, and somewhat sloppy, and the fans of Demon and Dark then dismiss it as worst ever

This.
I adore the game and I think that all the hate is undeserved, but I can understand why DeS / DaS dislike it.
>>
>>316818916
In my opinion DaSII's DLC chapters are better than the base game and I prefer them to AoTA.
If you enjoyed DaSII, you're going to enjoy the lost crowns trilogy.
>>
It's just not as good as DaS, which is what you want from a sequel. It's still a decent game and it does have some improvements in it. But Dark Souls sent us off with the Age of Artorias DLC, which in my opinion contained the best areas and bosses in the game. It got my hopes up that DaS 2 would be about as good, and it's just not.
>>
>>316819698
That's good to hear. The base game made me regret my purchase somewhat. I even got the collectors edition.
>>
>>316819449
Not that I know of
Hopefully anyone who's played the demo can tell us more
>>
>>316818540
As who says? Some fans say it's shit, most people say it's good, and Big M likes it more than Bloodborne.
>>
>>316818540
It's a major step down.
Mods can't fix bad level/world design.
The whole game seems like a series of inconsistent design choices and it's just the most disappointing experience after playing dark and demon's. Not a horrible game just a painfully mediocre one
>>
>>316818904
>Staggering after getting hit once by a random undead with his FIST

I got pissed when I started stun locking a player I invaded with dual cestus while he was in FULL HAVEL GEAR.
Poise means fuck all in this game.
>>
>>316819449

use google or at least check wikipedia you retard.
>>
>>316819948

Yeah, the DLC areas are pretty great. Better level design, more atmospheric, good bosses. There are some optional areas that are meant to be played co-op, and they can be a bit eh, just because of how difficult they can be. I played it using AI summons though, so that certainly made the experience rougher.
>>
>>316818540

It's a 7/10 opposed to a 9/10, in my opinion. Still a good game, and the SotFS version makes it much better, enemy placement and balance wise.
>>
>>316820087
You couldn't see the stats in the demo but Miyazaki has confirmed removal of soul memory, and seeing as from actually takes fan criticism to heart I'd guess adaptability is gone too (if it's not, horrible choice by from)
>>
>>316819196
>Dark Souls 1 is practically unplayable without 40 Endurance
>it becomes common knowledge after a few weeks
>nobody cares anymore

>Dark Souls 2 is practically unplayable without 20 ADP
>it becomes common knowledge after a few weeks
>faggots are still assblasted about it two years later

???
>>
File: 1433468169386.png (237 KB, 399x305) Image search: [Google]
1433468169386.png
237 KB, 399x305
>>316820983
This is why souls fans can go fuck themselves. Double standards up the wazoo, as if From were serial burglers or something.
>>
I've never played these games, is it worth buying on black firday?
>>
>>316820983
>>Dark Souls 1 is practically unplayable without 40 Endurance

Oh, 20 end is just fine.
>>
I couldn't bring myself to finish it.
>>
>>316820983
>>316821351
How is it unplayable without 40 end? I've never had trouble ignoring it, usually just drop a couple points into it. Just don't spam panic rolls whenever an enemy looks at you.
>>
>>316822012
>I've never had trouble ignoring it, usually just drop a couple points into it. Just don't spam panic rolls whenever an enemy looks at you.

Can say the exact same thing about adaptability. But it's only okay when the A-team does it, right?
>>
>>316822012

More END = easier game. It means you can attack longer.

It makes sense that your first 10 levels regardless of class should be on END.
>>
>>316820983
I played through DS1 by having like 50 str and under 20 endurance the first time though. I didn't know about optimal stats and shit, it was entirely playable though
>>
>>316818540
It's not as good as Demon Souls or Dark Souls but it's not a terrible game.
>>
If you play Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and even Bloodborne you can tell right away that the director matters a lot for these kinds of games. Dark Souls 2 is probably the worst of these kinds of games that FROM has released.

There isn't really a sense of progression as far as your character goes in DS2. Any weapon, other than maces/blunt weapons, deal ridiculously low damage to almost everything. Stats don't really matter at all other than meeting requirements for weapons since the way damage works in the game is so fucked.

Armor is another problem. No matter how fucking upgraded your armor is you always take huge chunks of damage from damn-near everything. I did a small bit of testing with getting maxed out stats and wearing a maxed out Havel's set and lo and behold, everything in the game still hurts you for large amounts of health. Why even have the ability to upgrade armor if it doesn't help? I understand Dark Souls 1 had tanking things make everything a little too easy but at least it was an alternate and feasable playstyle.

We all know about how every enemy spins like a record and their tracking is ridiculous, I won't mention it here.

I was disappointed by DS2, honestly.
>>
>>316822269
Not true. It fucks with I-frames. Without adaptability, there's some attacks you can't roll through, even with frame perfect timing.
>>
>>316820983

>this fag honestly needs 40 end in DS1

how bad are you, did you never do a level 1 run?
>>
File: 1413231865191.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1413231865191.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>316822884
You're telling horseshit and you know it.
>>
It was majorly flawed but it isn't the end of the world, enjoyable where it counted unless you were a fucktard and didn't get at least 90+ AGI.

Yeah its weird putting iframes to a stat but there are more glaring issues to complain about
>>
>>316820983
>too stupid to do a level 1 run
sucks to be you
>>
>>316822304
Not him but I if you put it that way it means you need end and adp in DS2.
>>
Why do people complain about not being able to backstab everything? It made DAS a cakewalk. Don't tell me you're actually shit at the game without backstabbing
>>
>>316823561
Because most people like a challenge on the condition that said challenge is easy.
>>
Just don't compare it to the other souls games and essentially forget that they exist.

Ignore the fanservice and memes in particular.

If you can do that it can actually be a pretty fun game.
>>
>>316820983
What?
Mt Ds1 char has 20END, and my Ds2 char litterly didn't spend a single soul on ADP.
The game wasn't really hard.
>>
>>316818540

It missed the point, which was the constantly dreadful atmosphere making you feel puny and weak and like a monster toothpick in waiting, to which the difficulty was only a means of creating this along with the aestethic and lore.

They just tried to make it hard and the visual, the feel and whatnot got pushed to the sides
>>
>>316824435
Yeah, instead of having a constantly dreadful atmosphere making you feel puny and weak and like a monster toothpick in waiting, to which the difficulty was only a means of creating this along with the aestethic and lore, you had a constantly dreadful atmosphere making you feel puny and weak and like a monster toothpick in waiting, to which the difficulty was only a means of creating this along with the aestethic and lore.
Shit game.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.