[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>12 year old game has better facial animations than Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
>12 year old game has better facial animations than Fallout 4
>>
But still zero sequels ;_;
>>
>>316811441
>Those implants
Hnngh my dick
>>
>>316812429
She was born before the implants have been invented.
>>
>that hair clipping through the shoulder
Is perfection even possible, really?
>>
>>316812569
Could have gotten them later. And was she? I don't recall her age off-hand.

I always did think it was meant to be implants. Her tits look like implants and, like, most of the other characters (VV etc) don't have that. And, I mean, it is California...
>>
For exactly two characters, and they use the same animations everyone else uses.
>>
>>316811441
Troika actually released a game that truly needed its fans to fix.

Not in the Bethesda "Mods will fix it" sense but in real terms the mod community fixed this game.

There is a reason Obshitian wants to work on this franchise.
Its fans don't care if it a buggy shitfest of a game as long as it is not made by Bethesda.
Buggy shitfests are right up Obsidians alley.
>>
>>316811441
Her expression doesn't change at all there apart from the awkward eye expansion at the end.
>>
why do people keep comparing old timey meshes with like 5 face bones to modern day models
>>
>>316814497
Good to see you're too new to know know why the game was released in such a state.
>>
>>316812429
>>316812741
Pushup bras are a thing
>>
>>316816964
That doesn't excuse it from needing to be patched by fans. You can't complain about Bethesda games with bugs but then praise VTMB. When it's unpatched it's a mess.

The developers themselves said they aimed too high. If they didn't then the game may not have turned out so buggy.
>>
>>316811441
ISOLATED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoUCyrg5Syo
>>
>>316811441
HL2 is a better example if you want to talk up facial animations in video games
>>
>>316816964
Suddenly I worry that some day videogame history will be taught in schools.
>>
>>316811441
now imagine her published by Nintendo of America
>>
>>316812741
A vampire's body will always revert back to the looks it had when they were first Embraced every night they wake up. That includes hair, sunburns, etc. IIRC piercings will close if they didn't have them before they were Embraced. If piercings are rejected, why not implants?

>>316814497
I played the game on release and it was fine. Bugfixes and community patches are nice, but not mandatory. You're just trying to start shit.
>>
>>316817852
My friend had a videogame history class
>>
>>316818193
Bullshit.
>>
File: the-odyssey.jpg (34 KB, 260x391) Image search: [Google]
the-odyssey.jpg
34 KB, 260x391
>2800 year old book has better writing than Fallout 4
>>
>>316817989
She'd wear a skintight Samus suit?
>>
File: 1446755920613.jpg (114 KB, 2178x416) Image search: [Google]
1446755920613.jpg
114 KB, 2178x416
>>316811441
>
>>
>>316818618
Should the Antediluvians be closer to the LOLREALITY tier?
>>
>>316818038
That's not true at all though. Some damages can remain obvious on the kindred for days, or even weeks. Also, most people have hair before the Nosferatu embrace them, but they lose it afterwards. There's more than one example of a Toreador growing her natural hair to a longer length too. Piercings will only close if there's nothing currently inside of it. I'm not sure what you think "rejecting" an implant would mean, but you're very likely incorrect in that assumption as well.
>>
I've only played Vampire for an hour (with fan patches) and Holy fuck I love it.
>>
>>316814497

Not really.

The game was made before mutli core cpus and suffers compatibility issues just like system shock 2.
>>
>>316817270

It does, Bethesda is a multi million dollar corporation while Troika was a small developer held together by duct tape in 2004 and every possible thing going wrong. Source engine being a piece of shit, publisher that misunderstood the state of the game, going up against half life 2 right after its been released etc.

And it's still a good game. Fallout 4 was the result of YEARs of feedback from Skyrim / Fallout 3 / New Vegas and nothing has been improved or changed aside from sim minecraft elements. There is no double standard unless you really hate the idea of input having anything to do with result.
>>
>>316811441
But the face stays exactly the same except for the end. Also now that I'm noticing the animation her left arm is acting really weird.
>>
>>316817270
It does. Troika offered to patch the game FOR FUCKING FREE and Sierra/Activision STILL denied them more time.
Obsidian did the same with KotOR 2 and were denied by LucasArts because they wanted a Christmas release.
>>
>>316822248
>nothing has been improved or changed
The gunplay is significantly better, you obviously haven't played it. 've aso experienced no bugswit Fallout 4.

VTMB is one of my favourite games but you're a fool if you think Trokia should be excused. Troika were at least working n a new engine and were making a much smaller game than any Bethesda game. Bethesda games are much larger and are on an old engine that seems to not b able to handle their games.

This isn't taking into account that Troika were known for releasing buggy games before Bloodlines. It wasn't just because of the issues with Activision.
>>
>>316822973

And Arkane studios wanted to patch in previously cut content in Dark Messiah, but Ubisoft didn't let them.

In conclusion, publishers are cunts.
>>
>>316823453
Difference is troika no longer exist and no one excused it on release like people defend and excuse Bethesda games.
>>
So is there any console commands that can reduce my stats? I got my stealth up to 10 and it has turned the game into a boring waking simulator. I cannot be spotted by enemies.
>>
>>316823841
Who cares if they no longer exist? that's irrelevant, they released a buggy game but people praise it anyway because they played it with fan patches. Bethesda may release buggy games but they patch them and don't rely on the community.
>>
>>316811441
>12 year old game
Yeah I can tell this shit is garbage
>>
>>316824341
It's 11 years old so it's all good.
>>
>>316817752
VMTB was hand animated. HL2 partially used mocap for lipsyncing and movements.
>>
>No Geist: The Sin Eaters game
>No Promethean: The Created game

;_;
>>
>>316824321
Except fully patched skyrim is still buggy same with the other games. Fan patches for the games fix hundreds of bugs in Bethesda games. Also no one excused the buggy release of vampire the masquerade but people justify and excuse every Bethesda release.
>>
>>316824698
There is a signifantdifference between how Skyrim runsnow and how it ran whe it first came out. Everone brings up how buggy Bethesda games are, no one brings up ho buggy VTMB was,

Look at some of the scores VTMB got on Metacritic. Scoring that highly when the game was supposedly unplayable at times? Yeah, no one excused it...
>>
>>316814497
They didn't do it on purpose. Valve and Activision fucked them over. Bethesda does do it on purpose.
>>
>>316825217
Cool the game was just as payable as any recent Bethesda release. Also doesn't matter skyrim is still buggy shit and has a ram limit of 3.4 gigs unless you download a fan fix to remove the limit. Fallout 3 requires multiple fixes to run on Windows 7 and even then it might not work. Fallout 4 needed a patch for an audio glitch that was causing crashes. Vampire the masquerade is buggy but it was also made by a small team on a new engine no one really knew anything about at the time. Bethesda has been using the same engine for 15+ years now and still have glitches. Still have bad animations, bad writing, this game also had an 80 million dollar budget. Bethesda has no excuses anymore.
>>
>>316824562
>HL2 partially used mocap for lipsyncing and movements.
What? I was almost sure that HL2 used Valve's facial animation "engine" that wasn't made with mocap.
TF2 uses the same thing and TF2 isn't mocapped or anything. I'm fairly sure that Valve just has incredible animators.
>>
>>316825797
>Also doesn't matter skyrim is still buggy shit
You're just making shit up, I've had no real problems for years.

>>316825797
>Fallout 4 needed a patch for an audio glitch that was causing crashes.
Again I've had no problems, none.

>>316825797
>Vampire the masquerade is buggy but it was also made by a small team on a new engine no one really knew anything about at the time.
A team that have claimed they were being too ambitious and have had a track record of releasing buggy games.

>>316825797
>Bethesda has been using the same engine for 15+ years now and still have glitches.
Maybe they are having gliches because the engine cna't deal with what they're trying to do now? Obviously they need to invest in a new engine and obviously there should be no excuses. There shouldn't be excuses for Troika though.
>>
File: 02249841.jpg (75 KB, 417x650) Image search: [Google]
02249841.jpg
75 KB, 417x650
>>316826521
>i've had no problems
>this means they don't exist lol fuck your opinion faggot
>>
>>316826521
>making shit up
The unofficial patch fixes hundreds of bugs. Some even quest breaking to.

>>316826521
>it works for me
The patches existence still proves the game was broken at release

>>316826521
And the team even patched the game to or do their official patches not exist now? Bethesda never admits their mistakes though

>>316826521
No they're having glitches because they know they can get away with it. It'd be one thing if they were new glitches but it's a lot of the same glitches. Gothic 3 was made on the same engine and had a much better and less buggy release then oblivion or fallout 3.
>>
File: sweat.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>316812429
>staring at her tits
>not those lips
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.