[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft movie failure confirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 30
File: 20150104214359a0dzhynza4s4p7g6.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20150104214359a0dzhynza4s4p7g6.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
Why is Durotan working with the humans? Why is Dalaran floating pre-Wotlk? Why is Thrall getting mosed away instead of getting found among the bodies of his dead parents? Why is the king going "lets unite" when Stormwind was all alone during the first war? Why is Orgrim talking to Durotan when Durotan was exiled at the very start of the first war? Why is Durotan even in this war? Why is Durotan and Lother even meeting?

What the fuck man?
>>
>failure

None of that shit matters to the casual moviegoer or the average WoW player right now.
>>
>Implying the lore would stay intact.

This movie is for casuals and WoW fans. Don't get worked up OP you'll be happier that way.
>>
>>316803908
>giving a shit about any of that

Nobody actually fucking cares, and will watch it anyway. Stay mad wowfag.
>>
>>316803908
It's another alternate timeline, which we'll visit the effects of in the expansion after Legion.
>>
So long as it ends in betrayal, murder, sacking and exile, I can live with it.
>>
None of these questions matter compared to the glaring retcon that is "OUR WORLD IS DYING LOL SORRY"

What, are they going to change Medivh into some sort of xeno activist that opened the Dark Portal for the sole reason of saving orcs from extinction too?
>>
>>316804970

Draenor was a dying world. Gul'dan talks about it in the Warcraft II manual.
>>
>>316803908
>>316804970
>>316805218
What the hell are you all talking about lol.
>>
>>316805218
Draenor only started dying after Ner'Zhul opened extra portals which shitter shattered it.

That is not WC1 though. They are mixing in elements from WC2 and 3 into this story which will only make things dumber when they actually make sequels to this movie.

And I'm pretty sure they plan to do that.
>>
>>316804970
Draenor was dying though, the orcs killed it yes, but it was dying
>>
File: Doom.jpg (45 KB, 570x285) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
45 KB, 570x285
>>316803908
>video game movie being at all faithful to its source material

Do you niggers ever learn?
>>
>>316805557
>>316805590
lolwut
>>
>>316805590
Draenor dying was not the reason why the Orcs invaded. They blew up the place later.
>>
>>316805667
I don't remember a second from that movie, except for the first person gimmick scene
>>
>>316805667
First person scene was fun though, still better than Paul W.S. Anderson trash.
>>
>wow lore
LOL that shit has been trashed since BC, kiddo.
>>
They already said the story is going to be different this time.

Also
>Failure
>>
>>316805557
Nah it was part of Gul'dan''s memoirs of the time prior to his contact with Medivh, Ner'zhul's portals just fucked everyone's shit up in the end.
>>
>>316805778
I neither see anyone disputing that nor how that is in any way relevant since the damn thing is based in lore that precedes WoW by far.
>>
>>316805557
Sounded like they want to make a tv show instead. They started flirting with the idea of a warcraft movie during the huge success of the LotR trilogy, but it took way too long for them to get anything done. Now they're bummed they didn't make a tv show after seeing game of thrones explode in popularity.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (36 KB, 659x146) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
36 KB, 659x146
At least it's not written by some old white guy in the trenches of WW1
>>
>>316805849
Blizzard has stated the current cannon is the WoW lore. Basically Warcraft never happened.
>>
It's literally going to be pokahontas/avatar with orcs
>>
>>316803908
Red shirt guy? That you?
>>
>>316805964
isn't falstad dead?
>>
>>316805921
WoW lore does not make Warcraft not happen you idiot.

WoW is still building up on Warcraft.
Its WC1->3->WoW.

The movie is not in synch with WoW.
>>
Did people really expect the movie to follow the lore? Do people not understand how hollywood works?
>>
>>316805703

I imagine that it would be part of the reason. Orcs, though filthy beasts could recognise the ecosystem falling apart.
>>
>>316805769
I liked the first resident tho.
Was fun
>>
>>316806014
Man you're in for some rage when you read the WoW lore then
>>
>>316805921
And if I'm not mistaken current WoW lore clearly states that the first invasion of Azeroth was driven primarily by endless bloodlust caused by the blood of Mannoroth. So that's the movie being DOUBLY innacurate, unless you want to argue that the trailer is non-desctriptive of the product as a whole.
>>
>>316805890
i'm not even a tolkien fan and this triggers me
>>
>>316806050
Orcs got tricked into drinking the demon blood.
That turned the standard Warrior and Shaman culture into bloodthirsty demon slaves.

Thats the whole plot of WC1 and 2 even.
Only in WC3 Orcs get some sort of redemption shit going on.
>>
>>316805890
Fuck I hate hamburger helper. Thanks for reminding.

No, it was written by a fat while girl whose biggest hardship in life was getting rejected by the cute boys because she was a big fat slob.

Fuck you hamburger helper for shitting on veterans you scumbag.
>>
>>316803908
this
>>
>>316806098
Stop being a faggot retard.

>>316806101
He's full of shit. WoW lore=Warcraft Lore. Its a direct sequel of the RTS.
>>
>>316805921
So? They're dumb. Who gives a shit what they declare canon?
>>
File: 1360150248806.png (526 KB, 520x500) Image search: [Google]
1360150248806.png
526 KB, 520x500
>>316805890
>Tfw didn't realize Hamburger Helper was a sign of worse things to come
>>
>>316805360
>>316805557

>They never read Rise of the Horde
>they're blatantly shitposting as is 4chan custom
>>
>>316805890
Who said that

You better have some serious writing skills if you're going to shittalk tolkien
>>
Because it's a movie and they decided to change things up a bit. A direct adaptation would've have worked at all

Not expecting you spergs to understand this
>>
>>316806101
Movie shows green orcs. Green came from warlock magic and drinking mannoroths blood.

Stop shitposting.
>>
File: duncan-jones-director.jpg (34 KB, 407x578) Image search: [Google]
duncan-jones-director.jpg
34 KB, 407x578
>>316806379
http://time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/
>>
>>316803908
They're not trying to retell the story, they're trying to retcon it.
>>
>>316806457
>those keywords

Nope, won't work on me
>>
File: 35044-261161.jpg (22 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
35044-261161.jpg
22 KB, 425x292
>>316806381
>A direct adaptation would've have worked at all
It would if they had a smart approach to it.

They couldve split the movie into two halves.
Make one half about how the Orcs get trickd into drinking the demon blood. It could show the conflict between the multiple clans as not all were for it.
The second half could show how the humans deal with the Orc invasion itself.

Its not hard.
>>
>>316806381
The problem with the adaption is that it is changing the very basic of the warcraft lore. Why even call it warcraft?

If they did like Peter Jackson did to Lotr I guess everyone would be find with it. Problem is that they are doing what Peter Jackson did to The Hobbit..urgh.
>>
>>316806147
The one thing WoD did right was prove they were bloodthirsty cunts all along. The blood just made them the type to pave a road with the bones of children.
>>
File: Blackhand_Hammer[1].jpg (174 KB, 481x615) Image search: [Google]
Blackhand_Hammer[1].jpg
174 KB, 481x615
>>316803908
It's just an alternate universe, like all of Warlords of Draenor.
>>
File: The_Path_of_Glory.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
The_Path_of_Glory.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
>>316806605
>Have you ever been so mad that you ordered your slavs to pave a road with the bones of yourr enemy?
>>
>>316806562
Do you seriously think a movie about orcs and aliens would produce any kind of money? You wouldn't see a second movie

>>316806569
Something like Dalaran flying or Alliance forming a bit earlier isn't changing the very basics of the warcraft lore. The lack of demon blood is kind of a big deal, but again there was no way to include demons into this. It would've been extremely confusing to your average viewer, probably bloated too, focusing on orcs vs. humans was definitely the right way to go about it
>>
>>316806605
Nope.
Some of them were. Some werent.
Shadowmoon got threatened into accepting.
Frostwolves never accepted and directly opposed them.
Neither did the Laughing Skull but those remained neutral.
>>
>>316806562
They could've just made a trilogy about Arthas. Wouldn't need heavy CG, lot's of cool stuff, no background knowledge necessary to enjoy.
>>
Not everything that works in a game works in a movie, things fucking change, if you want the original lore, just play the fucking games, if you want something different that might be fun in a different way, watch the movie.
>>
>>316806935
It makes no sense to start with Arthas.

They couldve condensed WC1 and 2 into one movie and make the sequel about the Frozen Throne.
>>
>>316806832
>Something like Dalaran flying or Alliance forming a bit earlier isn't changing the very basics of the warcraft lore

It is. But the worst is making Durotan ally with the humans. What the fuck man? Why not just make Thrall leader of the whole orc invasion to begin with? Both make zero sense by the current lore.
>>
>>316803908
Holy shit! There's a chance a video game movie adoption won't be good?

I couldn't believe it but with the evidence laid out in front of me I have to accept the hard truth. There is a possibility that a video game movie adoption might be shit! unbelievable.

OP you need to tell the world!
>>
>>316806832
>Do you seriously think a movie about orcs and aliens would produce any kind of money?
Sure.
>>
>>316806874

The exception that proves the rule.

>For orcs, there is no other life but war.

They love that shit, senpai.
>>
>people actually care about this

It's going to be a fucking boring predictable piece of shit

>humans and orcs fight
>cue story about overly dramatic forbidden love between human and orc
>at some point humans and orcs unite to fight common threat
>they win

the end
>>
>>316807032
Because Thrall isn't born yet and it's not even out of character for Durotan. Durotan always valued life and the world, so much so that he got exiled. Who's to say he won't in the movie too
>>
Yea lore is fucked up and it sucks but the movie will still be good. R-right?
>>
>>316807021
I think the Arthas story is easy to make and WC3 is the most important game for WoW.
>>
>>316807207
>The exception that proves the rule.
This retarded statement will never make sense.

Especially not when there's multiple clans that were against this.

Stop pushing this /pol/ level garbage in these threads. Its boring.
>>
>>316803908
the lore was never good anon

let it go.
>>
>>316807287
Doesn't matter, Blizz already going to shit a lot of movies, they have their own studio now.

>Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced the launch of Activision Blizzard Studios, a new film and television studio devoted to creating original content based on the company's extensive library of iconic and globally-recognized intellectual properties. Activision Blizzard's owned content includes some of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world, including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, Diablo®, Hearthstone® and StarCraft®. Former Disney executive Nick van Dyk has been tapped to co-head the division, along with a senior creative executive who will be announced soon.

>Activision Blizzard Studios' first production will be "Skylanders™ Academy," an animated TV series based on the award-winning Skylanders® game. Currently in production under the supervision of showrunner Eric Rogers ("Futurama"), "Skylanders™ Academy" will feature the voices of Justin Long ("Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Ask Me Anything") as Spyro, Ashley Tisdale ("Phineas and Ferb," "High School Musical") as Stealth Elf, Jonathan Banks ("Breaking Bad," "Better Call Saul") as Eruptor and Norm Macdonald ("Saturday Night Live") as Glumshanks. Additional voice talent includes Harland Williams and Richard Horvitz. The award-winning, $3 billion Skylanders® franchise has sold through more than 250 million toys since pioneering the toys-to-life category in 2011.
>>
File: Louis_CK_Kuwait_crop.jpg (396 KB, 759x929) Image search: [Google]
Louis_CK_Kuwait_crop.jpg
396 KB, 759x929
LITTLE HUMAN DICKS
BIG GREEN COCKS
>>
>>316803908

> raping my memories of WC 1 & 2

Why do you do this?

Damn WoW to hell.
>>
>>316807289
Ultimately WC1 and 2 have much more of an impact on anything that Arthas.

Arthas is fucking dead now, we're still dealing with demons.

Everything in the first two games lead to what happened in WC3. And lets not forget that the Lich King is half Orc.

Its important, but it wont work without WC1 and 2. I know that people like you never played the first games, but thats just how it is.
>>
>>316807289
Arthas story is a great story if you dedicated one movie for the human campaign of WC3.

That fucking finale man. I was so shocked the first time I saw it. (I was never good at predicting things)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A20Dcw9Izyo
>>
>>316807282
What? Im whining about that Durotan is allying with the humans. That never happened. Durotan never talked with Lother. They never worked together.

That is changing the very core of the warcraft lore.
>>
>>316807449
WoW has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>316806935
That probably would have been a much better idea, because people love Arthas. The current wow fanbase doesn't give a shit about anything pre-Arthas/Kael'thas/Illidan. The game started dying in popularity the day Arthas did because of this.

Warcraft as a movie was basically made because Lord of the Rings blew up. No one really thought a series like that would be popular for film normies, and certainly not make that kind of money over 3 entire movies. Blizzard saw that and thought, "hey, maybe we could do that," but didn't make it happen fast enough. The chances of normies giving a shit about a high fantasy movie about warcraft lore is incredibly low. Even LotR probably wouldn't do nearly as well if released today as it was then. Now they have to rely on leeching their current WoW fanbase that will eat up anything with the brand attached, and even those people don't care about WC1 or WC2. They are either strictly wowbabbies, or wc3babbies.
>>
>>316806101
>didn't see the SDCC footage with grom raising his blood drink to guldan
>didn't see the green orcs in the trailer
>>
>>316807454
>Ultimately WC1 and 2 have much more of an impact on anything that Arthas.
Ultimately not that many people played WC1 and im sure only a fraction of the fanbase played WC2.

W3 is completely self contained and you have enough to make 8 movies out of it
>>
>>316803908
>ever thinking a movie will be even remotely accurate to the games lore
>even wanting that

There's a reason retards like you aren't in the film industry.
>>
>>316807496
>one character meeting another is changing the very core of Warcraft lore
yeah never read lotr books you'll be devastated
>>
There is a serious lack of hot orc girls in this thread!
>>
>>316807671
>>
>>316807517

It was with WoW that Blizzard screwed the lore. It's literally killing the entire Warcraft franchise.
>>
>>316807032
I'm betting 100 gold that Dalaran is floating in modern times and the rest of the movie is a story being told from a book in its vast library.
>>
>>316807671
>!

Since when did this shit become acceptable

Why are there so many posts in broken english

what is happening
>>
>>316807546
Well, now they have their own studio they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>316807580
It doesnt matter how many people played WC1 and 2.
They are still more important.

And WC3 is definitely not self contained. The universe needs to be established first.
Where did Thralls Orcs come from? Did he just magick them into Azeroth? Who is Medivh? Who is Gul'Dan?

Self contained my ass. It doesnt even end with the death of the Lich King.
>>
>>316807812
>being THIS mad
calm down !
>>
>>316807760
WoW has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>316807839
It's explained over and over again in way more depth in WC3.
You don't need know the life story of Gul'dan or Medivh to understand the story.
>>
>>316807349

Don't squeal /pol/ to support your weak argument. Frost Wolves were a nobody clclan out in the sticks, the Laughing Skull were a pack of mercenaries and the Shadowmoon gave us Gul'dan. The overwhelming majority supported warring with the Draenei on flimsy evidence and all decided to attack the rest of the human kingdoms even after subduing the Shadow Council.
>>
File: barn.gif (1 MB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
barn.gif
1 MB, 245x187
>>316807965
>you dont need to understand the essential plot points that happened in the story to get what the continuation is about
Fucking retarded.
Most WC3 babbies dont know shit about what happened in WC1-2.
And you somehow want to continue that ignorance.
>>
>>316807839
You have a self-contained character story just in the rise and corruption of Arthas, that would serve as a strong way to get non-Warcraft people into the world. Then you can make prequels and sequels when people are attached.

Just as they didn't need to make the Hobbit or the Silmarillion or the History of Middle-earth for people to get into Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>316808042
>these clans dont count! They are ALL warmongering!
Alright buddy.
>>
>>316807903

How does it has nothing to do with this?

This movie promised to be based upon WC1, but they had to forceful change it because it wouldn't fit the current lore, because of the massive changes and retcons provoked by WoW. Such as 'muh poor orcs' bullshit.
>>
Who gives a flying fuck? "Waah waah it doesn't go exactly the same as it does in my video game" fucking neckbeards I swear to god
>>
>>316808185
The games agree, shame about your head canon.
>>
>>316808125
Too bad that there's tons of other shit happening at the same time which requires actual knowledge of what happened before.

Or do you want to tell Arthas story without Thrall moving to Kalimdor? It would make no sense.
>>
>>316803908

IT'S A STORY ABOUT ACCEPTING CREATURES NO MATTER THEIR SKIN COLOR

GREEN OR WHITE, WE ARE ALL THE SAME
#PrayForLordaeron
>>
>>316803908
>Why is Durotan working with the humans
Because fuck Green orcs
>Why is Dalaran floating pre-Wotlk?
Because why not
>Why is Thrall getting mosed away instead of getting found among the bodies of his dead parents?
Because no adaptation is never 100%
>Why is the king going "lets unite" when Stormwind was all alone during the first war?
>Why is Orgrim talking to Durotan when >Durotan was exiled at the very start of the first war?
>Why is Durotan even in this war?
See above respond
>Why is Durotan and Lother even meeting?
Fuck green orcs, thats why.
>>
>>316806874

They are were, but Blizzard retconned it because Orc players wanted to feel 'good'.

The Orcs always were bastards. Always. There is a reason why they were fitted with blood symbols, evil music and what else. Only with WC3 they started the 'proud warrior' bullshit (which doesn't change they killed their world and now are ruining another one).
>>
>>316808209
The movie doesnt fit the current lore you fucking idiot.
Orcs were canon dicks until Thrall happened in WC3 in WoW and that was never changed.
>>
>>316808336

Kek.
>>
>>316808097
What's the relevance of Gul'dan to the history of Arthas? All you need to know is that he's the orc who made a deal with the demons from the legion and he oposed the old warchief Ner'zhul who's the Lich King.
>>
>>316808441
>All you need to know is that he's the orc who made a deal with the demons from the legion and he oposed the old warchief Ner'zhul who's the Lich King.
Yeah thats totally something you can just mention on the side.
>>
>>316807839
>It doesnt matter how many people played WC1 and 2.
Of course it fucking does. The movies were made because the Warcraft franchise is huge.

Everyone knows Warcraft 3 and we have warcraft 3 threads here very often yet barely anyone knows anything about WC1 and 2

>They are still more important.
No they aren't. and even then there are events that happened way before them that are as important as them like the first demonic invasion Illidans exile,etc.

>Where did Thralls Orcs come from? Did he just magick them into Azeroth? Who is Medivh? Who is Gul'Dan?

You only need a 20 second dialogue scene where they mention the first war. The only related thing to gul dan in W3 is the skull Illidans destroys and the Nelf mission in TFT

Same shit with medivh

>>316808310
It doesnt really require anything. Explain to me how the fuck not knowing what happened in WC1 and 2 prevents you from understanding what happens in the human campaign?

This movie will irreparably destroy the franchise , they can't reboot it in the first movie and given that it has literally no connection to the original games in any way other htan the name they are going to have to made up more completely unrelated shit

The amount of hate its going to generate is going to be massive, like 1 million time more anger than the SW prequels
>>
>Warcraft is the only movie that didn't follow the original plot, so failure is CONFIRMED

OP stay dumb.
>>
File: 1428685042321.gif (1 MB, 199x166) Image search: [Google]
1428685042321.gif
1 MB, 199x166
>people being surprised and/or upset when video game movies don't follow lore or whatever else.

People who are like this are completely fucking retarded, man.
>>
>>316806569
>Problem is that they are doing what Peter Jackson did to The Hobbit
You meaning fixing some of the glaring problems that book has yet nobody seems to mind because "HUR DUR MUH TOLKIEN IS PERFECT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING OVER 10 UNDERDEVELOPMENT CHARACTERS"?
>>
>>316808520
>The movies were made because the Warcraft franchise is huge.
Guess we should skip something as minor as WC3 and focus on the real popular WC game, World of Warcraft.
We can start with Pandaria.
>>
>>316808371

> promise movie based upon the lore
> people point it's not accurate
> "it's actually an alternate universe!"
>>
>>316804089
>This movie is for casuals and WoW fans.

This is for casuals and the average person, not anyone who's paid attention to the lore even for one second.
>>
>>316804548
These are my hopes as well.
>>
>>316808517
It is. I don't think Arthas even know who is Gul'dan until after the LK starts calling him.
>>
1. Warcraft movie is its own continuity, just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

2. Durotan is introduced as a POV character for the Horde side of the conflict, based loosely on his portrayel in Rise of the Horde.

3. Magazine interview from months ago indicates that the meeting between Durotan and Lothar fails and a battle breaks out, probably due to sabotage from the Blackrock Clan.

4. Dalaran is floating pre-WotlK because rule of cool dictates it should. If the series continues it can always be settled in Hillsbrad during the Second War, or just remain aloft. Archimonde pulling a floating city out of the sky would be way more exciting than crushing a city on the ground.

5. Thrall-Moses is happening because they're changing the timeline. Durotan and Draka will likely die in the sequel, and a young Thrall may witness it as a soldier of Blackmoore, or something like that.

6. Part of the movie will depict the sending of envoys to the future nations of the Alliance, including Dalaran, Ironforge, and likely Quel'thalas. It's unlikely that they agree to unite, except for possibly at the end of the film after Stormwind is destroyed.

7. Because they're changing the story to have relatable characters on both sides of the conflict, and to create tension and drama.
>>
>>316808727
>until after the LK starts calling him.
Which would still be part of the movie?
>>
>>316808626
The Hobbit were a poorly crafted cash-in compared to LotR. They both changed things from the original works, but only one trilogy had any soul.
>>
>>316808628
Ok so you are a shill

You used an strawman to avoid adressing my points in hope i dont call you out so that you can keep using circular logic and fallacies

Since you avoided answering i have to assume you have nothing to say because you agree with me
>>
>>316808843
*hobbit movies were
>>
>>316806605
There is nothing bloodthirsty about what the Iron Horde did before Guldan, they were pretty civil in their warfare. Minus the shadowmoon
>>316808356
Look at the planet they come from, can you blame them for being bastards?
>>
>>316808561

> company promise movie about video game
> people watch movie wanting content in par with video game
> it's actually a spin loosely based, full of author tracts and bullshit that don't have anything to do with it
> 'lol why did you expect something in par with the game?'

Thanks for being the reason most video game movies suck.
>>
File: 1447347197373.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1447347197373.gif
103 KB, 458x438
>>316808916
>Ok so you are a shill
Wow you're actually retarded.
>>
>>316808441
You don't even really need to know that. The thing about character stories is that the characters usually don't know everything either. They're put in a situation they don't understand and have to deal with it. That's really easy to make a movie around, and the hints of greater things going on are easy links to other movies.

Everything Arthas and the audience need to know is told to him by like 3 other characters during his journey in-game (mostly Mal'Ganis showing up), and most of the time he's telling them to fuck off while he continues wrecking shit.
>>
>>316808826
I'd split the story in 3 movies, so second or third movie.
>>
>>316809127
>wasting three fucking movies on arthas story alone
now thats legitimately stupid.
>>
>>316806457
Holy shit, is this guy an idiot?
>>
>>316808826
Well you have a scene like this one for explaining purposes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blh-gJ7YM7k

It starts 2:0 the conversation between Arthas and Keltuzad

The fucking game has a dialogue scene where they talk about all this shit

>>316809085
Shut up shill faggot

Are you longing for the amount of damage control you are going to have to do when the whole internet hates on your shit company?
>>
Movie Ner'zul is the one who killed Movie Draenor with his Necromancy shit.
>>
File: 1447342536827.png (151 KB, 575x597) Image search: [Google]
1447342536827.png
151 KB, 575x597
>>316809230
>damage control
Literally retarded.

I make fun of your appeal to popularity fallacy and you go into a huge autismal sperg rage as if I was Metzen himself posting.
Fucking amazing.

Keep posting though.
>>
>>316809190
Paladin Arc
DK Arc
LK Arc
>>
>>316809229
Dude, Blizz HAD to choose a cheap director. This guy made like 2 or 3 movies.

What the fuck did you expect for a first try?
>>
>>316808336

ORCS ARE PACIFIC CREATURES WHO JUST WANTED TO LIVE IN HARMONY

IT'S HUMANS WHO HAVE BEEN OPRESSING THEM THROUGH CENTURIES, WHO SLAVED THEM AND BUILD THEIR KINGDOM WITH THEIR BLOOD

#OrcsLivesMatter
>>
am i the only one who has played most of the warcraft games, but doesn't know shit about the lore?
>>
>>316809482
What were you doing? Jerking off to Peon sounds?
>>
>>316809430
Cheap directors are the only directors for shitty video game movies.
>>
>>316809482
The first two game lores was in booklets that came with the games.
>>
>>316808972
>orcs dindu nuffin the post

Draenor was a great place and draenei were living there perfectly, then the orcs started genocide them at the first occasion may it have been demonic powers or superior tech, on top of doing sacrifices, slave games etc.
>>
>>316809559
yes >.>
>>
>>316809464
WE WUZ SHAMANS.
>>
>>316803908
Movie lore =/ Regular lore

News at 7
>>
>>316809339
Its not a fallacy because if something is not popular then no one is going to go pay see a movie is based on it

You took a tiny bit of everything I said used an strawman and attempted to keep using circular logic and justify yourself when what you stated has no grounds

Now I called you a shill and showed you a dialogue only scene where 2 of the main characters talk about events not present in W3 and you went back to the circular shit

S H I LL
H
I
L
L
>>
>>316807474
Those two guys with Arthas must be complete badasses to just walk at those (presumably) eight royal guards like that.
>>
File: trollvoodoo.jpg (66 KB, 960x501) Image search: [Google]
trollvoodoo.jpg
66 KB, 960x501
So are the Trolls going to be in this movie?
>>
File: 1447374192817.jpg (112 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1447374192817.jpg
112 KB, 500x360
>>316809628
Tell me what exactly I'm shilling here?
My very first post in the reply chain was actually saying that the way the movie is being made is bad.
But your idea is even worse.

You dont even know what circular reasoning is.
I cant stop laughing.
>>
File: 1278463291752.gif (38 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1278463291752.gif
38 KB, 200x200
>>316808972
of all the things I could've pictured happening in that webm

THAT

was NOT

It.
>>
>>316809695
Marwyn and Falric.

They were captains that departed north with Arthas.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Marwyn
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Falric
>>
This movie is going to ruin David Bowies sons career like Hulk ruined Ang Lee's.
It's going to be Avatar: the Last Airbender all over again.

I bet Stormwind won't even be taken over.
>>
>>316809302
Nerzhul might not even be in the movie
>>316809430
A cheap director that has proven he can deliver high quality
>>316809579
>Draenei
>Not illegal aliens
They come to a planet and bring the legion with them. How many planets has fallen because the draenei settled there?
>>
>>316809753
Dark Spear Trolls shouldn't be. The Horde gets Forest Trolls (the ones that say, "Ju want axe?") in WC2 though so depends on how far they go.
>>
>>316809767
I think you are the same guy saying that what happened in W1 and 2 is important to understand W3

>>316809085
>>
>>316809835
>career like Hulk ruined Ang Lee
Which is why he was able to direct Brokeback Mountain, a movie that pulled in 100 million dollars more then what it cost and was nominated for several Oscars and won the best director award.
>>
>>316804001
/thread
>>
>>316809860
>A cheap director that has proven he can deliver high quality

Which masterpiece has he done?
>>
>>316810079
Moon and Source Code, Warcraft will be his third movie.
>>
>>316807474
T
H
I
S

They need to retcon "there must always be a lich king" and have a proper finale to arthas' story.
>>
>>316809834
>level 80 bosses

Guess that does mean they are badasses
>>
>>316810131
>They need to retcon "there must always be a lich king"
But it wouldn't be much of a lich king if they did that
>>
>>316810114
Source Code was Good.
>>
File: kek.png (62 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
62 KB, 191x200
>>316810001
Yes. I am that guy. And its true.
I am also the guy who said that the movie should be split into two to tell the story of the humans and the orcs because the way the movie is doing it is shit.

So tell me, what exactly am I shilling here?
You are literally throwing random words at me because you're a massive sperg.
>>
>>316810149
They in that dungeon where LK follows you while Silvanas/Jaina breaks walls of ice.
>>
>>316810114
>third
more like turd, amiright
>>
when he said lets unite, maybe he was referring to the human districts outside of Stormwind??????????????????????????????????????????????
we're not really this close minded, are we?
>>
>orcs are green even though they only drink mannoroth's blood in warcraft 3 which is what turned them into fel orcs
>Thrall somehow forgot he can cast shaman spells
>elves, dwarves and trolls are nowhere to be seen
>>
>>316810201
I think you are not

I think you are the shill pretending you used someone elses posts

and im sure that reaction image is from wowg where you work

no one uses WoW reaction images anywhere

GIve up already

Youll have some busy weeks when the movie comes out and the whole internet bashes it even shitedit
>>
File: 1417036698770.jpg (22 KB, 282x309) Image search: [Google]
1417036698770.jpg
22 KB, 282x309
>>316809930
>>316809753
Second movie, if they get that far, will probably be about the Horde splitting in two and seeking allies on Azeroth. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ogres were suddenly natives to Azeroth for this purpose and were lead by Cho'gal.
>>
>>316809821
Anon its a ball python, harmless thing, only goes after things smaller than its head and curls up the rest of the time.
>>
File: top kek.png (347 KB, 454x480) Image search: [Google]
top kek.png
347 KB, 454x480
>>316810436
>being THIS much of a raging paranoid sperg
I cant stop laughing. All that just because someone called you a WC3 babby who doesnt even understand the Warcraft story.
>>
>>316810358
Orcs were never green retard. Did you even play warlords of draenor? They are all brown.

Also elves dwarves and trolls didn't exist until wow came out, stop baiting.
>>
It's funny through that the movie is trying it's best to convey the 'not every Orc is bad' message, but it's still pretty racist:

BROWN = OKAY
GREEN = EVIL
>>
>>316810582
Now you are calling me a paranoid

its too late for that and even then that only works to convince a third party who can read the reply chain and see im right

Why are you so shit at your job?
>>
>>316810705
Keep going.
>>
File: tumblr_mp9q6zAhcd1sodhulo1_500.png (291 KB, 405x692) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp9q6zAhcd1sodhulo1_500.png
291 KB, 405x692
>>316810539
Oh gez I wonder who would be behind this post
>>316810683
>They are all brown
Not the blackrock clan, and Kargath was rather pale.
>>
>>316810683

If this is a funpost, please ignore the following.

If not:

Orcs were green even since WC1

Elves, dwarves and trolls appeared on WC2
>>
I'm just happy if I get to see some Elfs in the movie that isn't SJW'd.
>>
>>316810079
They've got a bunch of good people on this movie, and they're passionate. There's no reason to worry about that, really.

Biggest issue is if they can make general audiences connect with the characters and setting while still pleasing hardcore fans.

Second biggest issue is probably if they have a big enough budget to deliver on the VFX.
>>
>>316810890
There's an elf in the trailer wearing almost that exact outfit.
>>
>>316803908
Why does the horde picture have a orgre axe on it?
>>
>>316805667

YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR MISSION SOLDIER
>>
>>316811009
motherfucker that is the fucking Doomhammer.

check your eyes.

also the sword is Ashkandi.
>>
Nothing made by Blizzard ever was a financial failure. I wish the same could be said about quality.
I'm still going to see it for some cool orc shamans. They better be in the movie
>>
>>316811198
Looks like a ogre axe to me lad.
>>
>>316811198
I'm pretty sure the sword is the warglaives of azzinoth.
>>
>>316811290

> orc shaman
> old horde

But who knows, by now anything is possible.
>>
>>316811657
Exactly.
>>
>>316811657

>normies
>caring about shamans

They'd much rather dedicate the screen time to some scantily clad elf girl.
>>
>>316811605
The sword is the Twilight Hammer.
>>
File: 1446174919571.jpg (156 KB, 680x885) Image search: [Google]
1446174919571.jpg
156 KB, 680x885
>>316811859
>They'd much rather dedicate the screen time to some scantily clad elf girl.

Can't wait
>>
>>316811859
Better be white elfs since humans have zero kontakt with the night elfs during the first war.
>>
>>316806562
what if the first movie were about the orc invasion with the origin of their conquest being revealed slightly through flashbacks and then have the dvd come with some sort of supplimentary animation about the orcs drinking demon blood? thats how id do it if i were a hollywood jew
>>
>>316811923
Lolimourne should be illegal
>>
>>316812185
Nah if you wanted to go full orc for the first movie it would have to end with the orcs fucking up draenor and then stepping through the portal as the big cliffhanger.
>>
File: Guldan absolute madman.jpg (96 KB, 536x692) Image search: [Google]
Guldan absolute madman.jpg
96 KB, 536x692
They have specificly stated several times that the movie is not following all the exact details of the games.
They porpously took some liberties with the lore and some facts to make a more enternaining and "well made" movie. It's supost to be an alternate telling of the events of Warcraft 1.

That is why:
>Dalaran is floating
>King Llane dies fighting infront of the Dark Portal instead of inside the Stormwind Throne room
>Dwarves and High Elves show up in Stormwind at least twice, including King Llanes funeral
>Alliance being somewhat a thing and banners of them exist
>The Dark Portal was opened by Gul'dan using hundreds of Draenei prisoners underneath the portal instead of a single draenei child
>Thrall is literally moses
>Stormwind infantry has some rifles
>Kel'thuzad showing up in King Llane's funeral
>Stormwind Keep having switched locations with the Cathedral

You also have to take into account that at this point in the state of the Warcraft series, stuff that was previously unknown at the launch of Warcraft is are known:
>The Draenei
>Ner'zhul (who shows up) and his shenanigans
>Gul'dan's fuckery with Sargeras corrupted Medivh

That being said some touches are preety damn neat
>Grommash drinking Mannoroth's Blood
>The Frostwolf clan's wolves
>Gul'dan's bone filled back
>Fel Orcs raiding a Frostwolf camp
>The Fel Orcs rampaging and destroying everything in their path
>The dissagreement between the Frostwolves & Orgrim and the Horde
>"For orcs, there is no other life but war"
>>
>>316803908
applies to pretty much every movie ever that is based on books.

and desu the only people that give a shit are people with superautism just like OP.
>>
>>316812402

> namefag
> tripfag

Discarded. :^)
>>
>>316804970
Isn't this because they're putting the first and second war together in the same film, and the Orc motive for the second war was basically "OUR WORLD IS DYING LOL"
>>
>>316803908
Name a movie adaption that has ever been good.
>>
>>316815213
Postal
>>
>>316815213
Lord of the Rings trilogy.
>>
>>316803908
bro, have you ever seen actual tits?
>>
>>316816026
Tons of stuff missing from the books. Good movies but they do miss a lot about the books.

>>316815850
I have to admit it is a funny movie. You get a check plus.
>>
>>316807430

>Justin Long as Spyro

Just get fucking Tom Kenny, he'll do it a lot better, like he already has.
>>
>>316806786
I remember finding out the lore about the Path of Glory back in early BC. Still the most metal thing the Orcs have ever done
>>
>>316806786
orcs dindu nuffin they were good boys
>>
itt: In addition to not knowing anything about video games, /v/ reveals that they also do not know anything about films
>>
>>316817037
itt shills try to save face while getting laughed at.
>>
>>316808042
The Frostwolves are also the reason the Orcs didn't go full WAAAAAAAAGH when Doomhammer died. (THRALL)

The Laughing Skull wanted no part of what the Iron Horde was doing and we're essentially exterminated for it.

The Shadowmoon Clan were legit dicks though.

>>316808042
>Flimsy evidence
>Dead and venerated ancestors who had never led the Orcs astray before tell them the Draenei are evil
>Orcs have no concept of the Burning Legion or the lengths to which they will go to exterminate the draenei
>zero reason to believe the Ancestors were lying or that anything was even up until the Elements abandoned them
>Only Ner'zhul, Gul'Dan and Kil'Jaeden know how the Orcs were first provoked into making war on the draenei
>Flimsy evidence
>>
File: 1446506040696.jpg (507 KB, 830x891) Image search: [Google]
1446506040696.jpg
507 KB, 830x891
>>316817559
You forgot
>And when Ner'zhul was about to tell everyone what was really going on Gul'dan manipulated things to make sure that nobody would believe him.
>>
>>316817936
Pretty much, and thanks to his cushy spot as Ner'Zhuls apprentice before outright taking over, he had the juice to make people believe what he wanted them to pretty easily.
>>
>>316803908

You realize the "lore" of this series started with literally "portal opened and orcs came through", right? This is not exactly Tolkien here.
>>
>>316803908
Alright /v/, name one movie based on a
>book
>comic
>video game
>tv series
>previous movie
>etc
that has had a movie adaption THAT
>is good enough to stand on it's own despite differing from the source material
>was actually good and not complete dogshit
>was better than the source material
>>
>>316818530
What's your point?

The main conflict here is that there is mismatch in the correlation between the original lore and the story we are told by the movie.
>>
>>316803908
They said during Blizzcon 2014 that this was going to be an unshown part of the canon you dipshit.
>>
>>316819404
The LOTR movie trilogy fits the first two requirements. The books are objectively better than the films though.

The Hobbit movies on the other hand....
>>
>>316810705

Third Party here.

You are a fucking idiot and this guy

>>316810582

is correct.
>>
>>316803908
they just shat all over the Warcraft lore that was built from the original games

wow has destroyed warcraft and METZEN has lost his shit, he loves orc cock and wants in deep in his ass
>>
>>316819404

Eragon :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>316803908
Nerd
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.