[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: xenoblade.jpg (146 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade.jpg
146 KB, 500x710
>God tier soundtrack
>deep gameplay systems
>Fuck tons of gametime
>one of the biggest and most detailed open worlds to date.
>60fps
>literally manages to look better than Fallout 4 and technically perform better despite being on vastly inferior hardware

Are we really going to drop all support for this game just because some SJW assholes made some typical but shitty localization changes?

Shouldn't we enjoy the game, AND let our voices be known that we are deeply upset? Do we really want to pass up pretty much the only decent Wii U game worth having over petty ass localization changes? Lets not stoop to their level.

Lets enjoy the fuck out of the game while giving the middle finger to NoA. And I know the perfect way to do it. All Americans! Import the game from the EU! Show NoA we want the game, but we do not approve of their bullshit. Let them know that we at least appreciate NoE attempts to market the game by having actual trailers during their version of Nintendo Direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTGAwHbluZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5b2ZoZlW5c
>>
>>316660791
>60 FPS
Doubt.jpg
>>
>>316660791
Is that Lyn's voice in the second trailer OP? It's actually pretty decent, in a 90s anime dub kind of way.
>>
>>316660791
>Tactical Little Girl Simulator

You know, this image was what got me interested in the game in the first place.

I could have handled Lyn outfits being censored. What bothers me is being unable to play as a little girl myself.

ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE THE LITTLE GIRL. GOD DAMN IT NINTENDO.
>>
>Shouldn't we enjoy the game

The game is shit, so that's kinda hard to do.
>>
File: spooky Skell.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
spooky Skell.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
can someone confirm that they changed Wels name to Versus?
>>
I wonder if all this controversy really hurts the games sales. It didn't seem to hurt bravely default. They say that any publicity is good publicity. I wonder if people complaining about this game is boosting sales or lowering them.
>>
NO NEGOTIATION
NO COMPROMISE
AND NO MERCY
>>
File: 57 hours in mspaint.png (261 KB, 1323x1708) Image search: [Google]
57 hours in mspaint.png
261 KB, 1323x1708
>>316660791
>reading over some old Xeno X threads right after the direct
>see this

Well /v/, when are you going to start believing random anonymous people on the internet?
>>
>>316660791
>NOE marketing
>Shows the game's gameplay and story, no promoter trying to sell the game to me by telling me what's good about it, just showing the game and letting it speaks for itself, shows the game is great amd they have confidence in their product

>NOA marketing
>"It has a big open world like those western RPGs, you guys like this stuff r-right? I-it's just like Zelda and Metroid!", marketer has no confidence in the product, feels like they're trying to con me into buying a poor version of another game

Why is NOA so shit?
>>
>>316661284
pretty much this

shit was the main reason I ever got interested in it in the first place
>>
>>316660791
Everyone is so worried about the story being altered or censored, but anyone who has followed the Japanese release knows that the story in this game is relatively light after the tutorial heavy opening.

It takes 60-70 hours to beat the game. Yet there are only 12 story missions/quests.

Those 12 missions are gated beyond requirements such as reaching specific bond levels with party members or reaching certain Doll/Skell/Level Prereqs.

Everything else is sidequests and do whatever you want to advance style gameplay that is very player driven.

This is very interesting, because.....well...its the opposite of previous works, which were comparatively linear and story heavy.

In fact, the change in structure combined with this stories big twist (you are not who you thought you were, and everyone was in on it but you....) led many Japanese players to call MGSV a "Xenoblade X Repeat".

Literally, V has come to.

You niggas should stop being so worried about story changes, because this shit is the MGSV of Xenogames, player and gameplay driven, revolving around player choice and customization while relatively light on story with the exception of a very very cutscene heavy tutorial segment.

I agree that censorship is ass, and the costume changes are dumb and pointless. But for those concerned about them ruining the story- have no worries, because there is not much story to ruin in the first place.

I am worried that a lot of you guys are not aware the kind of game Xenoblade X is, and are letting experiences with the previous one color your expectations for this one, when narrative, they really couldnt be more different in terms of structure.
>>
File: okay.jpg (35 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
35 KB, 245x184
>>316662928
>led many Japanese players to call MGSV a "Xenoblade X Repeat".

thanks for killing whatever hope i had left
>>
>>316662928
Are the exploration and customization elements at least good?
>>
>>316660791
>Are we really going to drop all support for this game just because some SJW assholes made some typical but shitty localization changes?
Yes
>Shouldn't we enjoy the game
We should, but they've take away things for our enjoyment, so now we can't
>AND let our voices be known that we are deeply upset?
We are
>Do we really want to pass up pretty much the only decent Wii U game worth having over petty ass localization changes?
If you had some backbone, yes, you would. But I know you won't, I know most people upset by the changes won't.
>All Americans! Import the game from the EU!
The EU build is the same as the american, you also won't be able to play it in your NA system.

I'm not sure if you're some kind of shill or some Gaffer in disguise. lately, I can't tell the difference on /v/
>>
File: best scene.png (175 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
best scene.png
175 KB, 500x279
>>316662928
>MGSV of Xenogames
I wanted to believe, but you just had to destroy all hope I had left for the game.
Time to replay the original I guess
>>
>>316660791
>Are we really going to drop all support for this game just because some SJW assholes made some typical but shitty localization changes?

Of course not. That's why I'm importing it.
>>
>>316663368
/thread
>>
File: 1444404164072.jpg (616 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1444404164072.jpg
616 KB, 740x740
>>316660791

>No dual audio

fuck NOA
>>
>>316662469
With Bravely Default it wasn't known before release.
>>
I'm not gonna lie, my hype is faltering with all this news. That's like the opposite of what should happen.

I wanted more story than what we're apparently getting. The story was one of the most captivating aspects of the game. Not to mention I've been ever so slightly spoiled about it. It's bad enough we have a custom made protag. I can't think of many games that do that in a very engaging way.

I'd say out of a 100, I'm sitting at a 80.
>>
I'm not happy about the censorship changes, but in the grand scheme of things there's not a whole lot I can do other than just enjoy the game as is. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

I'm not buying FF5, though. I'm really not happy about digital only for a 16gb game.
>>
>>316663523
Yes it was. We knew like a week before release
>>
>>316660791
>No dual audio
That made me drop it more then no slider.
>>
"LET'S STILL GIVE THEM MONEY, LET'S JUST GIVE IT TO A DIFFERENT BRANCH OF THE COMPANY! THAT'LL SHOW THEM!"

Do you realize how dumb you sound?
>>
>>316660791
Naw fuck you the battle system is garbage
>>
>>316663368
>>316663509
This. Importing for support and there is simply no way I can listen to those English voices for 100+ hours of game time.
>>
>>316663617
Well, I certainly never saw any threads about it, whereas with XCX there's been threads about people being certain they'll fuck up the localisation for months.
>>
>play Xenoblade Chronicles UNDUB on Dolphin
>extremely enjoyable experience

>have to play Xenoblade X censored, with shitty dub and writing distorted to meet 'Western standards'

Nah I'm good. Thanks for asking though.
>>
>>316663572
Blame the trend for big open world RPGs and NORMIES NEED TO BE ABLE TO CREATE THEIR OWN CHARACTER TO ENJOY THE GAME.
>>
Welp, I guess I'll just get it used.

Better say goodbye to localized Xenoseries, /v/. This game looks like it's gonna bomb for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>316663760
Let me know how that goes on a region locked console
>>
File: 54377886.jpg (80 KB, 664x720) Image search: [Google]
54377886.jpg
80 KB, 664x720
>>316660791

>No dual Audio
>>
>>316660791
>Dropping this game because of censorship
Fuck no. I've been waiting 4 years for this to drop and I'm not letting anything kill my enjoyment.
People can bitch and moan in the end, but if the game is still fun I don't care if I don't have a titty slider anymore To be honest the titty slider was the only thing removed I would have given a damn about anyway. I really don't care about seeing Potato in a bikini since Irina a best
>>
>>316663102
>>316663326

Well I guess its best you learn now, this way. It hasn't been communicated well in Western Marketing, but Xenoblade X has been designed and intended to be a very player driven experience, not a story driven one. There IS a pretty decent story there, with awesome cutscenes. You just are not getting them all the time, they are split apart between the main story missions, which are gated behind level and affinity requirements.

There are smaller, lower quality cutscenes used for character events and stuff however.

But yeah, do not go into this expected the constant story driving the experience like the previous xenogears game. The story IS there, but it is more of the backdrop and general motivation in the background, that occasionally pops back up when you hit the right requirements and gives you some really cool and entertaining story stuff once every 5 hours or so.

>>316663180

Of course. They are the big selling points of the game, and I feel this game does exploration better than the vast majority of other games out there. In terms of customization, it gives you a ton of options as well.

However, this is why I can totally understand the disappointment around some of the localization changes. Why remove character customization options such as the boob slider, or the amount of character voices (which are tied to the characters lines and personality in combat, so they essentially removing personality options as well) in a game that is designed almost entirely around exploration and customization?

Its absolutely frustrating.

I almost do not mind Lyn censored outfits, because in a way it means her outfits are unique now, but I would still like to have the ability to toggle between the censored and uncensored at will.

Removing and reducing character customization options is absolutely unforgivable in a game like this though.

I doubt they altered the core gameplay or exploration in any meaningful way however, so that should still be great.
>>
>>316663794
>Play an undub of a game that is natively dual-audio
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>316663787
There was a lot of thread once we knew about it.
>>
>>316663934
>Well, I certainly never saw any threads about it, whereas with XCX there's been threads about people being certain they'll fuck up the localisation for months.
I am of course referring to before the game came out.
>>
>>316664020
And like I said, we knew about BD's censorship a week before the game was released. So for that week there was a lot of thread about it.
>>
so what's been censored outside of my precious boob slider?

I'm still gonna pick the game up...I guess.
>>
>>316664116
And like I said, I didn't see any threads about it before the game was out, so clearly XCX's censorship has been getting much more attention than BD's did at the time.
>>
>>316664131
Skimpy outfits are less skimpy when equiped on potato-chan
>>
File: 1447528626733.jpg (281 KB, 912x1768) Image search: [Google]
1447528626733.jpg
281 KB, 912x1768
>8-4

I hate NOA.. literally the worst company
>>
>>316660791

Yes, I'm done with this shit. I already canceled my pre-order. The last game I bought with censorship was project zero.

I'm done.
>>
>>316664131
Loli characters optional outfits, Reduced character creation options such as voices. 4kids tier name changes to organizations and factions to scrub out religious and controversial philosophical references and/or undertones. It would not be hard to imagine that they changed details of the story as well.
>>
>>316662718
I-I want to believe, anon...
>>
>>316662928
>Actually spoiling the stories twist
I would be mad but now I don't have to buy a WiiU after all.
>>
>>316663572
Xenoblade didn't actually have that much in the way of exciting story either. Much of the non-player-controlled time was just discussion. It also only had one or two quest chains that had any narrative value.
>>
>>316664340
Its ok. They spill the beans before you even get your doll/skell license. About 15-20 hours in. There are other, bigger twists later on that I haven't even hinted at. But that one alongside the gameplay/story structure changes are what prompts a lot of Japanese players to compare the game to MGSV.
>>
>Most of the anons in this thread are actually acting reasonable
So where the threads yesterday just full of shitposters or something?
>>
>>316664208
You didn't see the threads because apparently you are blind. People blasted Bravely Default for censorship non-stop.
>>
Xenoblade is over, im still getting it, a lot of people still are, but it is dead. I mean it will still be good but it has just been trampled on, no one wants to talk about it, just play it and hope the same thing doesn't happen to FE fates and SMT x FE (x NOA).
>>
>>316664520
It's pretty easy to get Xenoshitposters banned.
>>
File: 1430529022658.jpg (116 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1430529022658.jpg
116 KB, 1024x576
>>316663102
>>316663326
>Hating MGSV

How's it feel to be the kind of people that are killing videogames?
>>
Really want to watch some gameplay video but also don't want to get spoiled.

Suffering
>>
>>316663820
But it will bomb for the right reasons.
Nintendo doesn't know their fanbase and they keep trying to pander to a non existed userbase.
>>
>>316664603
>Game is obviously unfinished
>Hate the game because of it
>OMG RUINING THE INDUSTRYYYY
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>316664628
Nintendo of america will simply use this game bombing as a way to get out of localizing anything that isn't Mario or Zelda.
>>
>>316664628
>Nintendo doesn't know their fanbase
>People still think it's only Nintendo that does this

How's that Fallout 4?
>>
File: bird lady.png (143 KB, 250x327) Image search: [Google]
bird lady.png
143 KB, 250x327
>>316663883
>Xenoblade X has been designed and intended to be a very player driven experience, not a story driven one. There IS a pretty decent story there, with awesome cutscenes. You just are not getting them all the time, they are split apart between the main story missions, which are gated behind level and affinity requirements.
I'm fine with that, I loved doing all the micro management and side quests in Xenoblade.
So if most of it feels like the endgame content from the original than I'm good.
Just hope the american voices stay as entertaining as the british ones did. Guess it's more the quality of the writing that gets me worried.
>>
>>316664687
Good. Other, more competent companies can localise it instead.
>>
>>316664603
I dont't know, why don't you ask Konami?
>>
>>316664687
This. For fuck's sake this "row row fight da powa" white boy shit will not solve anything.
>>
best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjRKRmw0Sk
>>
>>316662469
>I wonder if all this controversy really hurts the games sales.
There's not even a controversy.

Note: You people are not a sizable portion of gamers. Most people do not give a fuck and just want their mech RPG.
>>
>>316664670
>Game is unfinished
>Called The Phantom Pain

:^)

>inb4 chapter 2

It's pretty much a hard mode run and it's pretty obvious it was meant to be that way since the game has no difficulty options (outside sending your soldiers to cut off enemy supplies so they're weak as shit or turning off tagging and reflex).

Now you're sure to hate X, though. Alongside the minimal story it ends in a cliffhanger, too.

Stop being autistic and enjoy games for the gameplay, please.
>>
>>316664737
Like who?
>>
>>316664708
>>316664708
Yeah. I think you should be fine then. 80% of the game is just exploring and doing sidequests and shit until you unlock the requirements for a main story quest.

If you were ok with MGSV, you should be fine with XBX.

The jury is still out on the English voices. From what we have heard so far, it sounds very 90s Anime Dub tier. Which is ok- would be worse if that quality of voice work did not fit perfectly with the setting and plot of the game- which is very 90s anime.
>>
>>316664737
I'm embarrassed for you if you believe Nintendo's behavior here isn't incredibly typical of Japanese developers.
>>
>>316664868
Anon even reddit and neofag are upset about the changes
>>
>>316664241
More like 8-4kids, amirite?
>>
>>316664241
Holy shit, I did not realize it was this bad.

God 8-4 is dogshit
>>
>>316664904
>cliffhanger

Open ended doesnt always mean cliffhanger. People make this same mistake with MGSV.

As far as cliffhangers go, Xenoblade X ends on one hell of a twist on your understanding of events.

Did you like it? Yes or no will suffice, no need to spoil those who do not know and will definitely not control themselves and read the spoiler tags.
>>
>>316665031
>Japanese developers censor their games in the west
You what?
>>
>>316664628
>Nintendo is literally advertising it as BIG OPEN WORLD
>multiple sites saying it's bigger than Skyrim, fallout, MGS, GTAV, etc. combined
>both shipments of S E bundles sold out in minutes
>Shulk in Smash as Xeno brand name advertisement
>thinking a loud minority of weebs on 4chan represents the entire fandom

Am I missing somethign here? It definitely wont be doing Mario numbers, but definitely not Blunderful 101 numbers
>>
>>316664868
Let them have their illusion that there are more than a few dozen people who actually care enough to make purchasing decisions based on practice that's been going on uninterrupted for the entire history of home video games.
>>316665080
Funny. I just checked reddit, and that's not the impression I got at all.
>>
>>316665160
Everyone already found out a week after jap release.
>>
>>316660791
Censored game, not supporting it.

You want my fucking money, you bring over the game in full.
>>
>>316665160
>Open ended doesnt always mean cliffhanger. People make this same mistake with MGSV.
MGS5 is completely unfinished though, with the final product leaving Eli and Psycho Mantis running around the world with Sahelanthropus.
>>
What if I don't care about "muh censorshp" and just wanna wreck shit in my not-gundam?
>>
>>316665332
It's okay to be gay, I guess.
>>
>>316665183
Are you trying to imply they don't?
>>
>>316665332
Then buy it.
>>
>>316665409
Of course not. Japanese developers bringing their own games to the west rarely even happens outside of shitty eroge on DLSite.
>>
File: 1399644101650.jpg (145 KB, 525x653) Image search: [Google]
1399644101650.jpg
145 KB, 525x653
>>316664790
>This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. It is not available in your country
>>
>>316665421
Okay.
>>
>>316665470
Ok, so you don't actually know how the localization process works. You only had to say so.
>>
File: 1398307546033.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
1398307546033.png
36 KB, 872x625
>>316665332
Something something Nintendrone. Blah blah supporting an "inferior" product. random_meme_image.jpg

I'm so sick of all the bitching that I do my best to tune it out. It's hard being a Nintendo fan these days.
>>
>>316665305
>MGS2 is completely unfinished though, with the final product leaving Liquid Ocelot running around the world with Metal Gear Ray and the Patriots having a firm grip on controlling the world.

Remember MGS2 was meant to be the end, to the point where Kojima went way out of his way to make MGS3 a prequel to avoid making a sequel to MGS2. Only after continued begging from fans for years for a sequel to MGS2 did he decide to make MGS4 the way it is.

Kojima fucking LOVEs open ended endings with loose ends and unanswered questions for speculation. Which is why both of his "ultimate endings" for the series were that way. It is also why MGS4 was so difficult for him and stressed him the fuck out, because he was working against his natural style and type in order to give the fans what they wanted.
>>
>>316665551
I think that's your problem, given that you think Jap developers are the ones who bring their own games to other markets.
>>
File: community_image_1382806384.gif (255 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1382806384.gif
255 KB, 700x700
>>316665332
>not-gundam
don't you mean exoskelleton
>>
>>316665605
But that isn't what was claimed, anon. That you think it was indicates that you don't know how localization works.
>>
>Import the game from the EU! Show NoA we want the game, but we do not approve of their bullshit. Let them know that we at least appreciate NoE attempts to market the game by having actual trailers during their version of Nintendo Direct.

>let's all import a game none of us can fucking play

If I wanted to shit away $60 plus shipping I'd find better ways.
>>
>>316665586
Well no fucking shit it's hard look at all the bullshit they're doing.
>>
>>316665593
You fucking idiot, MGS2 was at the end of the timeline when it was made. MGS5 is an interquel and the credits then go on to list a timeline detailing what happened between it and 1 and makes zero mention of what happened to Sahelanthropus because that was supposed to have been covered in the actual game before it was cut.
>>
>>316665659
Thanks, Mr.Skelletal.
>>
>>316665665
Oh great one, please explain what you actually meant, and show us how you are not actually a retard.
>>
>literally manages to look better than Fallout 4

Stopped reading there. The game looks like an upscaled ps2 game. Not to mention anyone who watched the streams knows the game is shit, so why bother?
>>
File: brooksmoke.gif (575 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
brooksmoke.gif
575 KB, 500x306
>>316665586
I am not a Nintendo fan.
I am not a Sony fan.
I am not a Microsoft fan.
I am not a Capcom fan.
I am not an Atlus fan.
I am not a Valve fan.
I am not a Square-Enix fan.

I am a video game fan.
>>
A friendly reminder that anyone shitting on this game over MUH CENSORSHIP but praising the first game is a fucking hypocrite
>>
>>316665823
False equivalence, you are taking talk of the actual game's quality and comparing it to talk of the games being censored.
>>
buying the game doesn't send a message, pirate it instead.
>>
>>316665710
Yet the timeline goes out of its way to mention Eli setting up the kingdom of the flies and an "incident" that happens there.

I honestly would not be surprised if it was an update to be added at a later date. Quiet Reunion and all of the update weapons were found in the code Datamined ages ago back when the game launched. So was the nuke disarm ending.

Basically if we get about 10 new subsistence/extreme missions at any point, then you can definitely expect Kingdom of the Flies to release at some point, in one form or another.

That would fit in most of the signifigant and unaccounted for datamined code.
>>
File: 1447498379820.png (51 KB, 1288x419) Image search: [Google]
1447498379820.png
51 KB, 1288x419
>>316660791
60 fps emulated, maybe.

Also
>>
>>316660791
wtf is this 'we' shit? if you neckbeard closet pedos wanna sperg out over not having a tit slider and not being able to dress up your own little loli in bikinis then that's your thing, but leave me the fuck out of it idgaf about that shit

still have the CE preordered and already paid for
still picking it up at midnight
still gonna play it for 72 hours straight

don't push your fucking narrative onto me and try to get me to support your shit show, you're just as bad as the sjws you claim to oppose
>>
File: it's time to accept reality.jpg (7 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
it's time to accept reality.jpg
7 KB, 200x150
>>316665951
>I honestly would not be surprised if it was an update to be added at a later date.
This delusion.
>>
>>316660791
>look better than fallout
Fuck you.
Does it support mods? No.
Fallout can be made as pretty as it can be with proper texture mods while xenoblade visuals stays the same until the end of time.

Suck Todd magnificent penis and ask for forgiveness now.
>>
File: 1401170568825.gif (2 MB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1401170568825.gif
2 MB, 400x310
>yfw Xenoblade Chronicles had 10/10 ost and X is rubbish
>>
>>316666006
lol. How about no. It wouldn't be surprising. I am not saying its going to happen. I am just saying, I wouldnt be surprised if it does happen.
>>
File: it never ends black.png (52 KB, 336x382) Image search: [Google]
it never ends black.png
52 KB, 336x382
>>316665896
Sshhh, don't reply.
Every post about censorship, no matter if it is railing against censorship or railing against those who rail against censorship, needs to be ignored and left to rot if we want comfy Xeno threads back.
>>
>>316664241
it doesn't help that 8-4 themselves have been actively tearing the game down in their podcasts, claiming it's shit and not worth buying
>>
>>316666054
>xenoblade visuals stays the same until the end of time.
Not if you emulate and use the HD texture pack
>>
>>316665789
You can actually look this up yourself, but okay.
Game localization choices are in most cases only made after approval from the original developers, who are the ones actually responsible for producing the English version of the game. Western branches are just local publishers, not the decision makers and not the programmers. It's also not unusual for Japanese developers to suggest localization changes themselves regardless of the opinion of the local staff. Stuff like name and object changes to make things more 'western' are normal ideas from Japanese developers. Whether that is the situation here is not something I'd have an opinion on, but it's foolish to think that somehow Japan is an innocent victim of this process. They originated it and still do it today.
>>
>>316665710
It really isn't. Sure, B.B. gets Sally back at the end of ep 51, but that still wouldn't explain a huge experimental M.G. made in 1984 that completely overshadows anything else in the series with the flaw of only being able to run on shotamagic not being mentioned anywhere else in the fucking series.

You're never getting a satisfying "conclusion" that actually ties off everything, unless they remake MG1 and 2. Otherwise it's impossible. Kojima wrote himself into a hole and the only way out is with postmodernist bullshit.
>>
>>316665963
>this emulation meme

this is the dumbest shit on /v/ right now, someone manages to nigger rig a preloader that barely functions and requires old firmware and a specific game disc and now you all think 60fps 1080p emulation is all of a sudden just weeks away

I swear you people are legitimately some of the dumbest idiots I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with
>>
>>316666070
different setting, subjective anyway since you can like differents kind of music
>>
File: Jokerlaughing.jpg (15 KB, 186x232) Image search: [Google]
Jokerlaughing.jpg
15 KB, 186x232
>>316665679
>people seriously thinking the EU version is going to be any less censored
>>
>>316666102
We could technically report "muh censorship" posts for spam.
>>
>>316660791
Yes.
Already canceled my preorder. I'll be keeping an eye out for it used. Otherwise I'll pirate it later.
I don't support censorship. Ever. Period.
Let another publisher get the games. Nintendo obviously can't be trusted. Though I guess we should have expected this shit to continue after it going on for years.
>>
>>316666182
Actually, Kojima wrote the post modern bullshit first, and built the rest of the story around it and to lead up to it. Both versions of the hospital scene were literally the first part of Phantom Pain that were made, written, and completed. Even before Ground Zeroes, those scenes were done.
>>
>>316663861
The majority of anti-censorship fags never really gave a shit about seeing potato in a bikini. What they were against was the very idea of "censorship". A lot of anons don't see the big picture but if they stay quiet about censorship because it doesn't affect them, then companies will think it's okay and start censoring more stuff without restraint. Honestly I don't give a shit about the bust slider, but if I don't boycott this game, then I'm letting Nintendo know it's alright to do more shit like this in the future. Even if the game is fun, I can still ignore it since I have plenty of other games to go around and play.
>>
File: 1397782855144.jpg (5 KB, 251x233) Image search: [Google]
1397782855144.jpg
5 KB, 251x233
>this is actual music in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4abdtm2E-M

what the fuck
>>
>>316666238
You should already be doing that.
>>
File: netwarrior.jpg (49 KB, 480x627) Image search: [Google]
netwarrior.jpg
49 KB, 480x627
>>316666263
>ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA
>>
>>316666324
I cannot possibly believe that the Truth mission was intended from the start to be an exact replay of the hour long tutorial sequence with zero differences outside of the opening and ending cutscenes.
>>
>>316666102
Theres nothing comfy in a censored game.
>>
>>316660791
The EU Version doesnt work on American Hardware.
Remember pal and ntsc? Region lock?
>>
>>316666182
The huge experimental M.G. was written off- because BB was keeping it with him and Diamond Dogs and because XOF got hit really hard and Huey no longer works for them, Cipher research was set back years. It would take them "decades" to get back to the same level of Bipedal weaponry, according to Ocelot.

Yeah, its a handwave, but at least its explained in some capacity instead of ignored.
>>
>>316666389
oh my god that's terrible
>>
>>316666390
I do, but the mods take forever to do shit and censorship-fags always swarm the threads.
>>
>>316666228
Maybe, but it sure as shit isn't going to be 60 fps on wii u
>>
>>316666389
when did this play anyway?
>>
>>316666405
Hardly.
I just don't support bullshit like this. Censorship is literally a zero tolerance thing for me.
>>
>>316666389
Not seeing the problem.
>>
>>316666424
According to Kris Zimmerman, the voice director of the series, both versions of that mission were literally the first things recorded for the English version of the game, back in summer 2012.
>>
>>316666356
The majority of anti-censorship fags were never going to buy the game in the first place, thus making them essentially shitposters

God I can't fucking wait until release so there can be a general on /vg/ where actual discussion can take place and shitposters like 90% of this thread will be banned immediately.
>>
>>316666160
>It's all the jap's fault!
You're an idiot. It's a collaboration. Any side can have ideas, they both need to agree to make the change. And localisation changes are generally something that the localisation team want to have changed, not the developers.
You're also completely ignoring that many localisation studios use their own programmers and make the changes themselves, rather than relying on the Jap devs to make all the changes for them, like Xseed used to.
>>
EVERYONE IS AN AI EXCEPT ELMA WHO IS A SPACE ELF
>>
>>316666537
Yep, keeping being a "I'm against the MAN" white boy.
>>
>>316666569
I can only speak for myself but I had this game preordered and cancelled soon after. I genuinely hate censorship with a passion.
>>
>>316666626
epic

I wouldn't be surprised if this were actually true, monolith are shit at plot twists
>>
>>316666389
The soundtrack is really all over the place, the quality is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
File: 1444216587683.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1444216587683.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>316666569
> a general on /vg/ where actual discussion can take place
>>
>>316666389
That is great.
But I also like the Drakengard 1 OST.
>>
>>316666680
I'm not sure I follow.
I'm sure I'm just taking your bait here, but i literally buy almost every game I can new in order to support those making it. However I cannot justify giving money to a localization team that is willing to censor something they don't like.
>>
>>316666694
are you autistic, perchance?
>>
>>316666569
>actual discussion
>/vg/

Oh Anon, you're funny. Nothing but arguments about who has the best butt and unhealthy circlejerks await.
>>
>>316666389
I don't understand why you people are listening to ost tracks before even playing the game.

The tracks are BEST when you first hear them within the context of a cutscene or various moments in gameplay. Then after you play, you listen to the tracks on your own time to reminisce about those moments.
>>
>>316660791
Yeah.
Gotta send a message.
>>
>>316666569
>a general on /vg/ where actual discussion can take place
You mean a tripfag circlejerk about who has the most feels?
>>
File: exampleofafool.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
exampleofafool.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>316666569
>/vg/ where actual discussion can take place
You'd probably be better off talking about the game on /m/. And even then, /v/ has been spreading this bullshit on /m/.
>>
>>316666569
>a general on /vg/ where actual discussion can take place

You mean avatar circlejerking and potato-chan roleplay shitposting? Because thats all you're getting out of /vg/.
>>
>>316666578
>i can't respond unless i violate global rule 3
Thanks for playing.
>>
File: v killed nintendo.jpg (278 KB, 1845x683) Image search: [Google]
v killed nintendo.jpg
278 KB, 1845x683
You know exactly why treehouse got this bad.
>>
>>316666789
Are you stupid?
>>
>>316666726
it is
>>
>>316666793
I am basically just listening to the overworld music themes only. Does that make me a bad person?
>>
File: 1411289766541.png (8 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
1411289766541.png
8 KB, 625x582
>Wii U Bundle Europe only

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>316666793
I actually like listening to OSTs beforehand because then I can think "oh, so that song plays here".

Pretty much the opposite of what you feel, but it's still a good feeling.
>>
>>316666773
Yep, you're a white guy alright.
>>
>>316666263

>abloo bloo a developer has adjusted their art style for western release (which isn't censoring) to cover up their barely-dressed children, now i can't jerk off over them as well.

Why do you weaboo ultra-faggots need to be titilated all the time while playing a game, are you that fucking thirsty/beta?
>>
>>316666873
>Needing to violate global rule 3 to make an argument
Something that would never happen at all.
>>
>>316666497
you're right, it's locked at 30

even then, that still makes it better than almost any current gen title on ps4 or xbone

I'm used to 120 fps bc I mainly game on PC, but even I can admit solid 30 fps is fine, the issue is the devs for ps4 and xbone games like to claim silky smooth 30 fps and they can't even get to that point, it's silky smooth 20-24 fps stutters
>>
>>316666912
No, that's fine since you know what kind of atmosphere you can expect from the overworld. But judging tracks without its context is a bit much.
>>
File: wildorfandstatler.jpg (40 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
wildorfandstatler.jpg
40 KB, 620x413
>>316666897
What's the difference? DOHOHOHOHOHO
>>
File: just_fuck_my_localization_up.png (45 KB, 1290x423) Image search: [Google]
just_fuck_my_localization_up.png
45 KB, 1290x423
>>316666919
Was more than skin covering.
Wasn't the developers, it was the localization group.
Keep trying mate.
>>
>>316667046
Its nothing we havent already seen in the promotional material. I wouldn't even be listening to it before hand if Nintendo didn't take so god damn long to localize this shit.
>>
>>316661284
you can be the oppai loli
>>
>>316667098
I keep seeing this shit. What are the credentials of the guy posting that?
>>
>>316666917
>He's white because he doesn't just buy something he wants because he disagrees with the actions taken in delivering it
>He's white because he has impulse control
Wow, racist.
>>
>>316666489
Then maybe you're in the minority then. Thanks for showing everyone you care less about the game then them.
>>
>>316667179
How short can you even be in the character creator? I doubt you can make yourself look younger than a teenager/young adult.
>>
File: 37.jpg (33 KB, 570x416) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
33 KB, 570x416
>>316667098
>a random neogaf post is credible proof
Are you that same autist that spammed /v/ for weeks with that fake angled Twitter pic of Lin with disproportional legs and tried to to shitpost on here telling everybody that was real? Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>316666730
>>316666792
>>316666848
>>316666865

at least in those threads the people posting are actually genuinely interested in the game and were planning on buying it all along

there are good generals on /vg/, it's far more actual vidya discussion than this meme ridden shitposting fuckstain of a board
>>
>>316667219
Funny how /v/ has no issue being racist, but when someone's racist to a white guy, it's suddenly "bad".
>>
File: bruce willis checking stocks.jpg (29 KB, 542x428) Image search: [Google]
bruce willis checking stocks.jpg
29 KB, 542x428
>>316666919
>a developer has adjusted their art style for western release (which isn't censoring) to cover up their barely-dressed children,
>a developer has censored their game (which isn't censoring) to censor it
>>
>>316667204
None, and the text itself is laughably wrong. Anyone posting that image seriously is essentially admitting that they're only in these threads to shitpost and start fights.
>>
>>316667329
>but when someone's racist to a white guy
Are you retarded? That's the opposite of what just happened.

>>316667272
You mean the image that has now been proven completely real?
>>
>>316667348
Seriously. Unless we have physical proof that the script was altered, everyone should report X-censorship threads for instigating a flamewar.
>>
First of all... the game works at 30 fps

Second... it doesn't matters if you buy the game from NoE or NoA, the content is the same, the censorship is the same. The only good option, is buying the original game (the japanese one), with that, you will supporting Monolith Soft and NCL (NoJ) the Nintendo who is doing all the hard work, only for their shit subsidiaries to fucked up everything, but then... you won't enjoy the game in your language

At least, NoE are putting more effort in the marketing for this game and other games than NoA, the NoE trailer is serious, and very well edited. Now, if you look at the NoA trailer... is total depression, some fucker saying stupid things like ''hey, Metroid and Zelda fans, look this'' and then ''is like one of those WRPG that you like, r-right gaiz?'' the best thing you can do with the products is, let them sell for what they are, not for what they aren't

And... if you have some kind of desperation to say something, at leat say something like ''The next chapter in the Xeno Series is coming'' or ''From the creators of some of the very good and ''deep'' JRPGs'' or ''If you like the previous works of Mr. Takahashi and Monolith Soft'' or something like that, i don't know if you can get the idea of what i'm trying to say, but... i hope you do

At this point... everything is fucked, NoA won't listen to your complains... never ever, they will rape every potential successful franchise, and then, they will try to appeal to 12 years old (who don't even buy their products) and satisfy some imaginary ''people'' because ''Kid friendly'' (fuck with that)

At the moment... there is no salvation, until they clean NoA, fired that stupid mememan, and give the middle finger to the ''Treehouse'' fuckers
>>
>>316667469
>>316667348
We already do have proof. Or are you just going to ignore the long-known changes of Doll -> Skell and Testament -> Union?
>>
>>316667495
>the NoE trailer is serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTGAwHbluZ0
>>
Of course they had less voices. There's literally only 6 English voice actors who work for anime anyways, and we got them all.

Anyways complaining about any of these issues will never change anything, because NOA doesn't care about anything.
>>
>>316667348
Just like how every other bit of claimed censorship has been fake, right?
Seriously, fuck off with that shit. If you want a censored game, and don't mind Nintendo treating you like an infant, then by all means buy it, but I'm not supporting that bullshit.
>>
>>316667538
Oh gee, two words. MUH GAME IS RUIND!!?!1!!!!!
>>
>>316667495
Why... Do you... Talk... Like... This...?
>>
File: 1446344914201.png (261 KB, 488x495) Image search: [Google]
1446344914201.png
261 KB, 488x495
>original Wii game has dual audio
>sequel hasn't
No buy.
>>
>>316667495
>...
at least you made good points, don´t do that again
>>
>>316662718
>I was the only one who believed him
Feels good desu. Just wait until people start finding out about the censored story. Then it will be undefendable.
>>
File: sASJkLF.jpg (51 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
sASJkLF.jpg
51 KB, 800x450
can anyone bundle together all the changes we know of so far?
It's getting really confusing to keep track of.

Here, have some delicious brown in return.
>>
>>316667550
Where is Chris Sabat, Kyle Herbert, and Johnny Young Bosch then?
>>
>>316667538
Your ass is not proof
>>
>>316667623
Report and ignore. You know his shitpost has been debunked countless times.
>>
>>316667586
Bitch elsewhere then.
>>
>>316667623
>MUH GAME IS RUIND!!?!1!!!!!
That's not what the argument was.
>>
>>316667550
So Yuri Lowenthall is in this?
>>
>>316667719
Debunked how? By showing those changes were indeed made to the game?
>>
>>316667719
>>316667734
why are you guys ok with this? why do you guys favor censorship? answer me
>>
>>316667692
Skell>Doll
Most union names.
B.B.>M.I.M.
No breast slider.
From 20 Cross voices/personalities to 13.
Lyn gets a free burka with every slightly skimpy outfit, like that in your picture.
Probably a few more changes to the terminology, but otherwise the script is seemingly unaffected.
>>
>>316667784
No, hes lubricating his ass before P5.
>>
>>316667495

This. NOA doesn't give a fuck about this game. If they're trying his hard to not market it, chances are high they they didn't give a fuck about localizing it well, either. Their level of effort is very evident already.

And NOA has never EVER listened to fan complaints about anything ever. Never acknowledged, never responded, never anything. They're like an iron curtain.
>>
>>316660791
You forgot
>shit story
>>
>>316667692
Some words that don't actually affect the plot were changed. Breasts were frozen. Loli had black paint added.
>>
>>316667692
Hmm let's see:
>All of Lyn's revealing outfits were censored (not just 2 as originally believed).
>Disabled boob slider for your female avatar, your tits are small/medium sized
>So far only a few terms are known to have been localized, namely Skells = Dolls, BLADE acronym changed, changes of the places and character names. That's all that's known so far. Sadly, reviewers aren't really providing in-depth information yet.
>>
File: 1389137899991.jpg (17 KB, 307x371) Image search: [Google]
1389137899991.jpg
17 KB, 307x371
>>316667872
>Skell>Doll
HOW COULD THEY IMMERSION TOTALLY DESTROYED I CAN'T ENJOY THIS GAIJIN SHIT ANYMORE SJW GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>316667956
they do affect the plot, just like in Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade Chronicles they have a porpouse
>>
>>316667872
>the script

Nobody's really examined all the story and side quests yet.
>>
>>316667842
I'm actually indifferent to it. My point is why is /v/ acting like they put their dicks in an ant hill over one post a gaffer that had no source made? Unless censorshitposters are gaffers themselves.
>>
>>316668041
We already know the plot, anon. Pretending they matter does nothing.
>>
>>316668125
I´m so sorry you didn´t like the game, good luck next time
>>
>>316662718
>I'll try not to rub it in
>this pic exists
Well he didn't try very hard.
>>
>>316660791
>god tier soundtrack
It's gonna be a cool game and I'm gonna get it day one, but the soundtrack is ass
>>
So it's agreed then, we buy it used?
>>
>>316668054
What few cutscenes and VA we've seen are all pretty faithful, though.
>>
The last good wii u game senpai
>>
>>316668272
No, we'll buy it on release.
>>
>>316668291
yeah at least they refrained themselves from taking too much liberties
>>
I can't find the OST anywhere
>>
>>316660791
Just buy it used
>>
I asked this in the last thread I saw about Xenoblade but everyone was too busy whining about censorship to answer.

What is the combat like in this game? Is it dull MMO combat like in the Wii one?
>>
>>316668041
they are not
>>
>>316668392
Yes, move along.
>>
>>316668392
It's basically an improved version of the first games combat system. It's apparently much faster paced.
>>
>>316664868
Not even a sizable portion of gamers even have this game on their radar, and a lot of them are weebs who would be upset about this. Even some SJWs are upset about this.
>>
>>316668392
it´s the same but improved, actually you got me interested, what did you find dull about the combat?
>>
>>316667872
>Skell>Doll
This gave me an idea.
Couldn't we just potentially have false flaged as SJW this whole time and claim that it's sexist for nintendo to change dolls to skells, because that would imply that boys aren't allowed to play with dolls.
Thus triggering actual SJWs into whining at nintendo that this oppresses trans folks until they change the name back to dolls.

Surely it would have worked considering how fucked up this planet is.
>>
>>316665809
Only character textures (mainly Lynlee) look questionable.

The landscape and monster designs are great and there's no way PS2 would be able to render all those huge continents and foliage with little to no load times.
>>
File: 1417364540517.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1417364540517.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>316660791
>Single-player korean MMO 2: the Game.
No, thanks.
>>
>>316668513
>complaining about trans discrimination
>in a game that lets you literally change sex at will
>>
>>316666389
Pretty good for a tense scifi moment.

Now this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY

This is bad music.
>>
>>316668327
Why?
>>
So TL;DR, the whole "censorship" thing was just cross-site bait?
>>
>>316668392
its a slightly faster paced version of the combat in the Wii one.
>>
>>316668654
It´s Gamefaqs with their retarded logic and approval of censorship, don´t fool yourself
>>
>>316666569
There have been plenty of people who've posted about cancelling their preorders in previous threads, though.

There is literally no reason to remove bust sliders other than "muh sexualization", and it WILL make people not buy it while also not bringing any new buyers.
>>
>>316668617
>implying they aren't outraged by the fact that there are only 2 options
>>
>>316668476

This, the only discussions about his game anywhere on the internet are just talking about localization fears. 'Normal people' don't even know his game exists. It'll sell 300k at best.

This is the tiniest, most pathetic push for a big AAA game I've seen all year. What the fuck is NOA thinking? This could've been a contender. Think of all he big games released this year, and compare it to his. Where's the hype?
>>
>>316667546
Is serious, and very good compared to the American one

Or... do you prefer Bill talking stupid shit over the footage?
>>
>>316668632
I want to have fun while not waiting because some whiny paedos got keked with some irrelevant shit.
>>
>>316660791

Yes. Because I want to play the original game. Not a fucking censored game.
>>
>>316665586
>It's hard to be a Nintendo fan when they shit all over their fans
ftfy
>>
>>316668654
Depends on what you heard.

The boob slider is gone and Lyn can't wear certain outfits. The other skimpy ones are censored. That's the true gist so far.
>>
>>316668849
She can wear all outfits.
>>
>>316668484

I didn't play much, and it's been a while since I played it so I can't be very specific here, but I just felt like I was playing WoW. Watching my character attack. Which only works in an MMO because you have other people with you. It's just boring in a single player game.

I fell asleep at one point so that's when I decided to stop.

The new one looks really neat though so maybe I should give it another try.
>>
>>316666102
Censorship isn't comfy.
I hope this game bombs
>>
>>316666389
when does this play?
>>
>>316668903
I thought they said she couldn't wear the bunny suit at all
>>
File: 1437932986347.jpg (12 KB, 211x210) Image search: [Google]
1437932986347.jpg
12 KB, 211x210
>>316668654
>bait
>implying that would actually hurt sales one bit even if it's true (and it is true, afterall)
>>
>>316668654

Every bit of news and leaks in the past 8 months has proven to change or remove more and more.
>>
>>316668834
You need to have a console for that first, sonygger.
>>
>>316668970
Provide a link then. I haven't heard this, but there is video of her wearing the other skimpiest outfits.
>>
I have to play this game, censorship be damned. More or less. If only to experience this.

https://youtu.be/ajETylWuMxk
>>
>>316667650
I don't speak english, so... i need to elaborate very carefully my sentences, or somebody will kill me
>>
File: IMG_3184.png (152 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3184.png
152 KB, 500x454
>>316663509
>>316663760
>don't like fun English dubs

Faggots. Xenoblade had one of the funnest dubs in video games.
>>
>>316666919
>removing customization options
>art style
>removing the ability to give adult characters larger breats
>pedophilia

0/8 apply yourself
>>
>>316668925
well yeah it looks neat but you will be watching your character attack again, you should really consider if you want to do it, just don´t force yourself to start liking something that you dislike. Feel free to decide your action about this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.