[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your face when you realized this game is cel-shaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 21
File: 1447366867482.jpg (97 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1447366867482.jpg
97 KB, 1024x576
What was your face when you realized this game is cel-shaded because it's a sequel to The Wind Waker taking place on the united forest utopia promised by the Deku Tree?

Which game will have the best story this time next year and why is it Zelda U?
>>
Shit theory is shit.
>>
Spirit Tracks is the WW sequel.
>>
I for one, welcome our cel shaded overlords.
>>
>>316659425
He's right handed and there's no Master Sword. It's SS Link. He even has the same scarf cloth that Zelda gave him.
>>
File: Horse Drifting.webm (550 KB, 566x350) Image search: [Google]
Horse Drifting.webm
550 KB, 566x350
It's Cel-Shaded because the can't get away with more shit on screen that isn't Twilight Princess-tier ugly.
>>
File: 1226820803508.jpg (23 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
1226820803508.jpg
23 KB, 427x315
>this garbage tier fan theory
>>
There's no need to post that offensive image or take the Lord's Name in vain.
>>
File: 1365377490302.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1365377490302.png
6 KB, 400x400
>Nobody is talking about the size of that fucking sword.
>>
>>316659806
>you can play the game with just the sword
>you can play the game as an archer instead
>you can play the game as a whip guy
>you can play the game as a mace man

Please fucking make it happen Yakuza.
>>
>>316659425
Isn't it probably a prequel to even SS?
>>
>>316659756
Meant for>>316659526
>>
It's cel-shaded because they want to continue pushing this shit aesthetics on Zelda fans, when it's clear that fans want something akin to the Zelda Wii U tech demo.
>>
>>316659806

i'm surprised it hasn't chopped up the horse yet
>>
>>316659986
>We Zelda fans
Nah, its usually you autists that ruin Zelda and can't let go of OoT/MM.

I'd probably be a huge faggot if I didn't let go Mario 64 and accept that Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all better games.
>>
>>316659595
>what is PH

>>316659425
>what is PH and ST
>>
>>316659886
Can't be. Eiji Aonuma already let it slip that Zelda is in the game. Skyward Sword Zelda was the first, by necessity. Also, sailcloths are a traveling convention in this game. And the land is called Hyrule. It's not even Hyrule at the end of Skyward Sword yet.

My theory is that it's the Messenger of the Gods, based on the wooden statue totem that you get in TP, and Link's tribal garb.
>>
File: 1364592655475.png (63 KB, 693x1070) Image search: [Google]
1364592655475.png
63 KB, 693x1070
>TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING SWORD
>>
File: I'm a celebrity...jpg (36 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
I'm a celebrity...jpg
36 KB, 500x456
>>316659701
>watch the little demo where they brag about how the horse dodges shit
Shadow of the Colossus did this ten years ago and your horse didn't slide around like it was a block of ice on another, larger block of ice.
>>
File: 1370693673410.jpg (26 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1370693673410.jpg
26 KB, 429x410
>>316660545
I never noticed how jarring that is.
>>
>>316659986
>i speak for zelda fans
kill yourself
>>
>>316659425
Have you even played PH and ST nigga?
>>
>>316660462
it's quite big
>>
>>316659701
>The Fast and the Furriest: Hyrule Drift
>>
>>316659986
I find this much more visually interesting than the Wii U tech demo
>>
PLEASE be on the Wii U only. I don't want to get another console for this game.
>>
>>316661535
Even if they bring it to NX, they'll probably still release it on the Wii U. It'll be like TP where it was on both consoles.
>>
>>316661692

NX version will be the definitive version of the game.
>>
>>316659595
>>316660359
Those are not canon and Spirit Tracks was written by an idiot.
>Cuccos are back despite being extinct and replaced by oinks.
>Gorons are false god worshipping pagans now.
>made the mysterious sight-seers in TWW, which is supposed to be an enigma as to there being more than one, into something called the Ho-Ho tribe.
>Ruto Crowns described as once "belonging to an ancient princess" and other random references intended to make you mad.
>Gonzo's descendant being Zelda's guard, when he's only the talker of the group, and the strong one is Nudge.
>New Hyrule when the King's last request was that they name it something that symbolized a new hope.
>PH's Ocean King Temple supposedly being replicated in ST even though the two temples don't match, and the ST one sucks and has the gall to retcon PH's being a dream: "They say this is a replica of a temple in a distant land."
>butchered some of my favorite characters with reckless abandon: Beedle, King of Red Lions (that guy who is a bizarro Link), HMS Salesman, and the postman who is first a Rito/rabbit hybrid, and then is retconned into a rabbit-human hybrid.

Yes I am mad. And I consider PH to be a good game under its massive trash-heap of an interface which pops up everytime you take the stylus off the screen.
>>
>>316660545
And controlling the horse in SotC was complete ass because it stopped on every little tiny thing and then turned the fuck around
>>
>>316659879
It shall be done.
>>
>>316661915
Wii version wasn't definitive version. Why would NX be?
>>
>>316662848
>postman who is first a Rito/rabbit hybrid
no. I have absolutely no fucking clue where you could get that from. Dude's a weird-ass human with wings, that's all there is to it.

I honestly didn't even notice much of anything you're referring to, I had so little investment in the story of both DS Zelda games, even though I enjoyed how the characters interacted and, on the whole found them to be a lot of fun. I feel bad for anyone who cares about this sort of tertiary bullshit.

At any rate, it's not up to you to decide what is and is not "canon."
>>
>>316662848
>New Hyrule when the King's last request was that they name it something that symbolized a new hope.
Maybe the children just weren't creative when it came to naming things, anon.

Also the king is a gigantic dick anyway so who cares what he thinks.
>>
>>316662848
Also, brought back rabbits when OoT said that they are extinct.
>>
>>316664501
What in the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>316664398
The PH postman has buck teeth and is the size of a milk gallon. He's a rabbit guy with wings, instead of a human with wings and a beak. It's supposed to be a reference to the post's mascot. A rabbit-human with no wings. And the story is the only reason why anyone would ever play the DS games aside from PH.
>>316664420
Or Aonuma and Iwamoto never played TWW and have no regard for a multimillion dollar franchise and a game that 8 other directors and a fifty other people worked hard on.
>>
>>316664501
Stop trying to tell yourself that Zelda's "lore" is as deep as Elder Scrolls. Zelda is my favorite game series of all time. I have completed every game in the series 100%. There is not a SINGLE thing Zelda I have not seen or done. Stop trying to make "muh deep Elder Scrolls Zelda" lore happen when it isn't true. Each game is a considerable amount of time apart, each one SLIGHTLY referencing earlier ones. There is no muh deep lore. They are literally coming of age stories, about a boy who becomes a man and saves the princess. That's it nigger. Go home.
>>
File: 1439591039023.jpg (20 KB, 243x240) Image search: [Google]
1439591039023.jpg
20 KB, 243x240
>>316659986
>I speak for everyone, my word is law
>>
>>316661203
for you
>>
>>316664931
Shoot. Part of my comment was deleted.
The post mascot is a rabbit.
I was trying to say, ST introduces a new postman who is a rabbitman with no wings.
>>316664830
No need to curse. OoT's running man says that rabbits are an extinct creature. Then ST introduces rabbits again. And we're not talking Pol's Voices since those are a ghost according to Zelda 1's manual
>>
>>316659695
Holy Shit...THIS
>>
>>316659986
>Zelda WiiU Tech Demo
>desirable
its just Twilight Princess in HD why would you want that? The Zelda franchise has proven its capable of more interesting things.

>>316660412
Skyward Sword, though established pretty thoroughly that its the first game with the Master Sword and predates the time of Ganon/Ganondorf, definitely made room for games that preceded it.

>>316664167
>Wii wasn't the definitive version
>480p support
>widescreen support
>arguably better bow/etc. controls with pointer
I admit the Wii version had its downsides but at the very least Wii vs. GC was a toss-up depending on preference, there wasn't a clear definitive version.
>>
>>316664931
Or, maybe, just maybe, they named it Hyrule as a legacy so that the kingdom could live on in spirit?
Y'know, as in having a new hope?
I liked Spirit Tracks better than Phantom Hourglass, personally. It had a grander scale and had fun dungeons with interesting items.
>>
>>316665537
That's the point I was trying to make basically, I don't feel like either Wii or GC version was "definitive", it's pretty much preference.

And there's no way this game isn't a sequel/prequel to Twilight Princess, the map has so many landmarks that were in TP, not to mention the Great Bridge of Hylia seen in the gameplay footage in The Game Awards.
>>
>>316664931
>It's supposed to be a reference to the post's mascot.
This is the only part of the argument that has any sort of weight, but the problem is
A) A rito's arms and wings are one in the same. The postman has normal arms, and wings on his back.
B) There are literally no other rito in the realm of the ocean king. There are also no other rabbit-folk, near as I recall.
C) The post man has ears on the sides of his head. They are small. Rabbits' ears are large and on the top of their head.

I mean, yes, he's small and his face looks like a rabbit face, but Niko's small and he's got whiskers and a big-ass buck tooth, is HE a rabbit? Zelda NPCs have weird faces all the time.

>>316665361
What about the rabbit-like creatures in the GB Zelda games? What about Link turning into a rabbit when he goes into the dark world? Both those games "canonically" take place after OoT - I imagine that touch of lore was really only thought of for OoT and nothing else, and the reference of post men being associated with rabbits is just because someone at Nintendo REALLY likes rabbits.
>>
>>316665537
>>316665537
>there wasn't a definite version.

Go to http://arch.b4k.co/v/ and search for "fishing that isn't literal waggle" for a rundown of all the cons the Wii version has beyond aesthetic differences and flipped Hylian script/in-game lore.

I forgot to list yesterday that when you're using the Hawkeye in the Wii version you have to control it with the stick which is super jarring and unintuitive. But to it's benefit I will say the Wii version does let you pre-aim by point in the direction you want Link to.
>>
>>316665780
>I imagine that touch of lore was really only thought of for OoT and nothing else, and the reference of post men being associated with rabbits is just because someone at Nintendo REALLY likes rabbits.
It's actually because the Post Man from Majora's Mask had a rabbit on his hat, which was a reference to his OoT counterpart: you give the running man the Bunny Hood in the mask trading quest.

Also, you're right. The rabbits-being-extinct thing doesn't necessarily have to be such a static rule.
>>316659695
I sort of hope this is true. It's obvious they're going to label it "30th anniversary" now that Mario's was a success. They've been riding the anniversary train EVERY YEAR since Zelda's 25th was so big, although technically it began with Mario 25th the year before--technically, his 20th was celebrated in Japan, as well. But I don't want a game that's labelled "30th anniversary" to feel like it's a smaller scale than Skyward Sword in terms of in-universe importance. I genuinely hope they downplay it; it would be weird if it ended up being stuck at the end of one of the timelines and didn't have any significance at all.
>>
>>316659425
About fucking time an actual Zelda game I'm hype about. Anything after the Wind Waker was a fucking borefest to me and the graphix actually improved.
>>
>>316666297
If I recall, the rabbit-hat also appears in Twilight Princess, but that's also a game that likes to connect itself to Ocarina of Time.

>Also, you're right. The rabbits-being-extinct thing doesn't necessarily have to be such a static rule.
Honestly, I'm just surprised that people follow this sort of stuff so closely; even though I've strongly enjoyed a lot of Zelda games, their world has never quite sucked me in. I apologize for being rough about it - I do think Zelda games could benefit from a little more consistency in all areas (especially considering all the nice streamlining touches we've seen in these games over the years, it'd be great if the devs just had a little booklet of things that said "don't forget, Link won't pick up fairies when he's at full health, rabbits are extinct," etc.).
>>
>>316662848
>Cuccos are back despite being extinct and replaced by oinks.
They could've found cuccos native to New Hyrule

>Gorons are false god worshipping pagans now.
So?

>made the mysterious sight-seers in TWW, which is supposed to be an enigma as to there being more than one, into something called the Ho-Ho tribe.
Sorry you're upset about a silly backstory to already silly characters.

>Ruto Crowns described as once "belonging to an ancient princess" and other random references intended to make you mad.
Why would this make you mad? They seemed like nice nods to older games to me.

>Gonzo's descendant being Zelda's guard, when he's only the talker of the group, and the strong one is Nudge.
Maybe Nudge didn't have kids.

Are New York, New Hampshire, and New England bad names? It doesn't get much more symbolic of 'new hope' than literally putting the word 'new' there.

>PH's Ocean King Temple supposedly being replicated in ST even though the two temples don't match, and the ST one sucks and has the gall to retcon PH's being a dream: "They say this is a replica of a temple in a distant land."
That doesn't exactly retcon PH being a dream. The Hero of Wind could have remembered the Temple of the Ocean King when him and the sages built the Tower.

>butchered some of my favorite characters with reckless abandon: Beedle, King of Red Lions (that guy who is a bizarro Link), HMS Salesman, and the postman who is first a Rito/rabbit hybrid, and then is retconned into a rabbit-human hybrid.

Beedle seemed pretty much exactly the same in all of the Toon Link games. How would a fake version of KoRL with a wannabe Link butcher the character? I don't even remember HMS in the DS games. The Rito obviously didn't travel to New Hyrule (or the Realm of the Ocean King) so they needed a new postal service.
>>
>>316665675
No. I would be fine if they had called it Hytopia or even Lorule after the Lokomo (get it? Borrowing Lo- from them, and -rule from the old name?), but no. But it doesn't matter ultimately, because the game is non-canon in other ways.
>>316665712
>map has so many landmarks that were in TP, not to mention the Great Bridge of Hylia s
They're not the same bridge. There's not enough to tell anyway, so Occam's Razor applies.
>>316665780
You make good points, but I'm sure Quill has hands. Anyways, he may not be a proper Rito but a similar race adopted in like Baito. Anyways the point is that the Rito run the mail of the Great Sea and their mascot is a rabbit, and they have a guy who looks like a rabbit delivering their mail (whether there are more of him or now). If you hold ST in equal authority, then it implies that the Ocean King's world is part of the Great Sea.

And to answer your question, no it wasn't just OoT because the trophy in TWW connects the postmaster by ancestry to the Running Man postman in MM, whom (if the expanded lore of MM is not sufficient) is confirmed by TP to be a postman in Hyrule as well. And in all of them, a rabbit is the mascot. And you gave the Bunny Hood to the Running Man, who says that "At last, the master and prop have been reunited!"
Nintendo would not go through that much trouble to make all those connections and trip over a detail that it's all hingent on.
>>
>>316667249
>the Rito run the mail of the Great Sea and their mascot is a rabbit
I honestly do not recall this at all, and I can't seem to find anything that backs it up. There's definitely an association with past postmen and rabbits, and the postman in WW is an obvious reference to the OoT/MM running man/postman just by looking at his face, but I cannot find "rabbits in WW," specifically.
>Nintendo would not go through that much trouble to make all those connections and trip over a detail that it's all hingent on.
You might be right on this, but I feel that, as the teams that worked on games got rearranged, this detail fell somewhat out of place.
>If you hold ST in equal authority
Again, I have a really hard time caring about these sorts of details. I played ST for the dungeons, boss fights, and dialogue with Zelda, and then immediately put it down after I was done.
>>
>>316667118
>"don't forget, Link won't pick up fairies when he's at full health"
But that's only in TP.
>>
>>316667249
>the game is non-canon in other ways.
it's all canon, sorry
>>
>>316667805
That's what I'm saying. It was a streamlining touch that should have carried to Skyward Sword, and didn't.
>>
>Nintendrones praise Zelda U over 2 prerenderd trailers where nothing happens
>>
>tfw nothing will be as cool as the sand sea.
>>
>>316660119
>Nah, its usually you autists that ruin Zelda

I'd say Aonuma ruins Zelda a lot better than the fans, since he's the one who actually makes the games unlike them

>Aonuma does what he wants
>Phantom Hourglass
>Spirit Tracks
>Triforce Heroes

>Fans want something
>Twilight Princess

>Aonuma does what he wants
>Wolf segments in Twilight Princess
>>
>>316668128
sand sea?
>>
File: 1445155479318.jpg (54 KB, 645x613) Image search: [Google]
1445155479318.jpg
54 KB, 645x613
>post yfw the Wii U will be the first Nintendo console to not have an exclusive Zelda title (not counting remakes)
>>
>>316668128
>Suddenly feel like replaying SS
>Remember that a friend borrowed my copy, stopped talking to me, and refuses to give it back now

Fuck you, Brian, I just want to enjoy that game without buying a new copy.
>>
>>316667791
It's in certain places I think. Like the postmaster's mail quarry or that stack of mail at the very top of the red boxes when you come in (don't quote me on either). But it is at least on Maggie's Letter.

And I don't hold ST in any authority. I only brought it up to point out that the canon of the DS games is so loose it falls apart when you put the both of them together, much less the rest of the Zelda series.

>>316667125
You're right. Nudge is gay so it makes sense that he had no descendants. As for the rest though, nah. We'll see what happens when Zelda U comes out and if there are cuccos in that game.
Also, it's just called "Hyrule." New Hyrule is the fanon name to distinguish them.
>>
File: MaggiesLetterB.png (37 KB, 208x192) Image search: [Google]
MaggiesLetterB.png
37 KB, 208x192
>>316667791
>>316668421
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>316668297
Was one of the cooler parts of Skyward Sword.
>>
>>316668606
>was the only good part of Skyward Sword
Fixed
>>
>>316668706
that and koloktos
>>
File: Zelda U optimism.png (3 MB, 1920x2244) Image search: [Google]
Zelda U optimism.png
3 MB, 1920x2244
Who /optimistic/ here?
>>
File: SSrhfEA.gif (1 MB, 190x167) Image search: [Google]
SSrhfEA.gif
1 MB, 190x167
OP here.

Well it was nice having some civilized discussion for once. Time to hit the hay! I've got to wake up early so I can serve the Lord tomorrow. Don't forget it's church day.

Till next time. Stay gold. Adios!
>>
>>316668421
>I only brought it up to point out that the canon of the DS games is so loose it falls apart when you put the both of them together
well I mean, casual play will sort of reveal this, yes. The phantoms exist in both games, with the same design. Spirit Tracks was clearly intent on being more of a mechanical sequel to PH than a story-oriented one.

Referring to Maggie's letter, I feel like this touch is specific to Maggie herself, since she wears rabbit ears in her more regal getup.

>>316668706
Eh. I liked Skyward Sword a lot. Flying was slow and unnecessary, game interrupts a lot, dowsing sucks. A repeat playthrough with cheats solved most of the issues I had with the game, anyway.
>>
>>316668862
Too soon to be optimistic. I won't be raising any expectations, until I see raw gameplay footage.
>>
>>316668862
You know, they followed through on there being no forced handholding in LBW, so I'm willing to take his word that he learned his lesson with Skyward Sword.

That said, I enjoy the modern interpretation of Zelda, so I'll probably like it even if everyone else here hates the shit out of it.
>>
>>316669114
>I enjoy the modern interpretation of Zelda
What do you mean? Are you talking visually?
I don't hate the visuals. Except Link's face. In the reveal trailer, his eyes looked really bad. I feel like it's a step backward form Skyward Sword. I haven't been able to see his face up close since. Other than, I'm fine with the new style.
>>
>>316668862
I still have a feeling it's going to be Nintesda's "The Triforce Scrolls".
>>
>>316668862

If you think a modern Zelda won't have handholding, especially one in an open world, you're kidding yourself. Nintendo are still convinced children, rather than manchildren, are still their main audience. It'll be tutorial riddled from start to finish and there's NOTHING you can do about it.
>>
File: 131254193054.jpg (51 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
131254193054.jpg
51 KB, 700x514
>>316659425
my guess:

>set hundreds of years after Skyward Sword
>Link either raised by gerudo or sheikah, explaining the nomadic-looking appearance
>that claymore on his back used to belong to a mentor, father figure, brother or close friend that was given to him instead, explaining why its so damn big.
>the title of the name will most definitely be named after that sheikah book on Link's hip
>key gameplay element will involve time manipulation through the use of timeshift stones
>one of the major plot elements in the game will be the creation of the ocarina of time, which was officially confirmed to be made out of time shift stones
>have a gut feeling that it will be the darkest game in the series despite the cel-shaded art style
>will bridge the gap between SS and OoT on the timeline
>Because of this, we could see a lot old historical figures and events who were mentioned in OoT, like the goron hero who defeated Volvagia, the executed sheikah who created the lens of truth, the twili before they were banished into the twilight realm," Hyrule's secret history of bloodshed and greed" and so on
>very high chance that it will introduce the first true Ganon and explain how he started off as a good guy who became corrupted by Demise's curse; Groose from Skyward Sword is basically one giant set up for this.
>game is ultimately about Link trying to reunite a broken Hyrule where all of its races and people are warring against each other for power and control
>Link has an internal battle throughout about who he should side with - the people he was raised by or the royal family he's forcefully destined to protect; will be told via choices and dialogue trees
>ultimately ends on a tragic note where Link can't save everyone that the people he was raised by ultimately get screwed over in the long run by the Royal family (Ganondorf becoming corrupted, Sheikah going extinct, gerudo exiled, twili thrown into a different dimension, etc)
>>
>>316669393
Aonuma quite literally said that Skyward Sword's tutorials were a mistake, what more do you want senpai
>>
>>316669393
>Nintendo are still convinced children, rather than manchildren, are still their main audience.
Wait, do you actually think otherwise?
>>
>>316669508

For Nintendo to not repeat mistakes, but what do you genuinely believe Nintendo will do? Not do something retarded?
>>
>>316669508
And the first thing he did after that was eyeball balloons in Majora's Mask remake because "These boss fights were WEIRD how does the player know what to do without eyeballs?!"
>>
File: 1440254115998.jpg (154 KB, 1065x990) Image search: [Google]
1440254115998.jpg
154 KB, 1065x990
>>316669462
Nice fanfic
>>
>>316669597
It's fine to be cynical and not buy into hype easily, but Aonuma LITERALLY said that he is going to cut back on tutorials as there were too many of them in Skyward Sword, and that he wants to make the game like Zelda NES.

I don't see how there's any other way to interpret that.
>>
>>316669462
sounds nice

>>316669668
>Nice fanfic
what were you expecting? they literally said it's their guess
>>
File: 1429584292785.png (209 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1429584292785.png
209 KB, 500x357
>>316669668
>not "Diamond Kitties"
>>
File: 5hm34-alpaca-hair3.jpg (69 KB, 650x936) Image search: [Google]
5hm34-alpaca-hair3.jpg
69 KB, 650x936
>>316669732
Whatever you say, samefag.
>>
>>316669714
>I don't see how there's any other way to interpret that.

"Make sure to pre-order!"
>>
>>316659425
it comes after skyward sword as far as the timeline goes.
>>
>>316669301
No, I mean, gameplay-wise. Linearity is not something that particularly turns me off, and most recent games have a rather high pace to them (SS, PH, and ST would all be some especially quick-paced Zelda games in terms of level design and movement if they didn't constantly knee-cap their own pace). I liked how almost the tools in the 3DS and DS games have use that is either varied or very cleanly streamlined (the boomerang in PH/ST comes to mind).
>>
>>316670075
If they wanted to market the game through an interview they would've said anything other than "We want to design it like a NES game"
>>
So, how do you think you'll react if Link never picks up the Green tunic? Or if he only picks it up when he gets the master sword?

I think it would be incredibly refreshing, and it seems to much work has gone into this blue-shirt design. It would be a shame if it was relegated to the prologue/ng+

Also, are the people out there who are actually thinking that the greatsword on his back in OP ISN'T the Biggoron sword?
>>
>>316670345

Who do you think autistically reads these interviews? Not single moms buying this shit for their kids or even the kids themselves. Manchildren do and they love the idea of it being like the original game.
>>
>>316670484
Something about it would bother me but ultimately I think it could be a good move to have the green tunic optional, or late in the game, or look quite different. Breaking one of the sort of informal rules of every zelda game HAS to do it this way should be a good thing. Actually I think it would just bother me
>>
>>316670484
I agree, it'd be refreshing.
It'd be even cooler if there was a customization element, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

However, if there is customization but all the cool outfits are tied to Amiibos I'm going to shoot myself.
>>
>>316670484
I honestly would love it if I never, ever saw the hero's tunic in this game. That would say to me that the Zelda team sees that they don't really need to follow dumb, unwritten rules about each game. It's not like there's any reason for link to have the design, anyway.
>>
>>316670484
I like the blue that he's wearing in the little footage we've seen so far.

Plus the blue tunic was the final tunic in ALBW.
>>
>>316669462
Nice theory. I like the thought that he's raised by Gerudo and a nomad trying to broker peace with the Royal Family.
Aonuma did say Zelda may not be a princess this time. Maybe Link and Zelda are the estranged orphans of the Royal Family from some big war that were adopted by everyone's favorite female race, and the powers that be want to pillage the desert for spoils relating to how to find the Triforce left over in the original Temple of Hylia that was once there. This tension begets the hatred of Ganondorf for the Royal Family.
>>
>>316670881
>Aonuma did say Zelda may not be a princess this time.

I don't remember him saying that at all.
>>
File: 250292284.jpg (62 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
250292284.jpg
62 KB, 600x476
>>
>>316659806
biggorons sword was that size too ya little cunt
>>
It will probably get released on NX with better graphics.
>>
>>316669114
>>316668862
I'll be happy if it's basically a 3D version of LBW.

Hopefully the open world isn't filled with empty void though, like how most open world games are now a days.
>>
>>316673781
ALBW was shit boy, you shouldn't have skipped penis inspection day.
>>
>>
File: 624cc465268cf4d2b9e1b605c480f038.jpg (166 KB, 1023x1505) Image search: [Google]
624cc465268cf4d2b9e1b605c480f038.jpg
166 KB, 1023x1505
>>
>>316673310
Yeah, TP on Wii was oh so much better than on GC, right.
>>
>>316668862
you know, if they just put an option in there to tell players "youre supposed to go here dummy", have a mandatory 1 minute tutorial right at the start and otherwise leave me the fuck alone, the retards will still be able to play through the game and I can go do whatever the fuck I want, everyone's happy.
The fact that Aonuma deliberately mentioned SS's handholding is giving me hope that thy will do something along those lines
>>
>>316659425
is that a pony tail under the hood? linkle?
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.