[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, I've tried to play this game like two or three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17
File: kotoric.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
kotoric.png
662 KB, 768x960
Alright /v/, I've tried to play this game like two or three times before, and I've never managed to get myself past Taris before putting it down.

I'm going to try again tonight. What should I do to make sure I enjoy myself?
>>
>>316643601

Taris is the best part of the game though.

Honestly just drop it if you are that much of a faggot pleb.

Actually I want to know, are you not liking it because you are a homo who wants to be a Jedi immediately and you don't want to use regular swords or blasters? Or just don't like the gameplay and story itself?

If it's the former, literally kill yourself, if it's the latter just drop it since you are a pleb.
>>
heeda breeda DOHNGA
>>
If I am having trouble getting through RPGs I find it helps me to plan out a character before starting.
Really min-max the shit out of it and then it gets easier to make it through the more boring parts because you are looking forward to your strong character.

Might just be autism though.
>>
>>316643601

There really isn't any trick to enjoying Kotor, you either do or don't. Taris, however, isn't the best part of the game, and is very different from the rest. You might like Kotor 2 instead, as the atmosphere and writing quality is improved. Pirate it, if that might make a difference for you.

>>316644432

You are a worthless person.
>>
>>316644432
anon literally every critique I've seen of the game is that Taris is the worst part of the game and that it picks up tremendously after it, which is why I really do want to give the game a chance.

Taris is just boring me because it feels like it drags on forever.
>>
I just bought KOTOR II yesterday, but haven't started playing yet.
Should I go Sentinel or Guardian? How useful are force powers?
>>
There is a mod to let you skip the whole beginning, while I wouldn't recommend it on your first playthrough maybe you should if you're having a hard time slogging through it
>>
File: Calonordprofile1_4163.jpg (14 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
Calonordprofile1_4163.jpg
14 KB, 250x235
>>
File: 1396948996402.gif (108 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
1396948996402.gif
108 KB, 500x235
>>316644432
>Taris is the best part of the game though.
Do you come to the Internet just to lie? Don't you know it's not allowed?
>>
>>316645005
One.
>>
>>316644768
always sentinel.
You want a high intelligence character in KotoR2 since you can make all your skills class skills and your character can use all of them.
>>
>>316644636
>>316644685

No, Taris is the height of the game.

The hate it gets is by psuedo capeshit autists who want to be a "super cool Jedi with force powers and a double bladed lightsaber".

The rest of the game isn't bad, but it does go downhill after Taris. Dantooine is terrible though, worst part of the game.
>>
>>316644685
There is a mod that let's you skip Taris completely if you have a PC. If you're on xbox then just pummel through it.

>>316645005
Go Away.

>>316644768
You can do either one, force powers are useful but you can always compensate with your party.
>>
>>316645051
Nothing wrong with me.
>>
>>316644535

Moocha Shaka Paka.
>>
>>316645005
>use cheat engine to get infinite health
>this fucker is invincible
bravo bioware
>>
>>316645112
Please do not listen to this faggot.
>>
>>316644768
Force powers are much more powerful in TSL. By the end of the game it won't matter that much anyway, since you'll probably steamroll everything thanks to forms and stat boosts you get from the story. Personally I'd say it's more fun to either go consular or guardian than sentinel, though.
>>
>>316645112

It takes a very special kind of retardation to call someone a fucking pleb because they aren't enjoying a Bioware game, of all things, and that they might want to play a Jedi in Jedi simulator.

No wonder you like Taris.
>>
>>316644685
Not him, but the game will have amazing peaks after this. The map shouldn't be unbearable. It's slow paced, but not horrible, really. I mean, outside of being suh a fuckhueg empty map. It gets annoying when backtracking.

Anyway, the worst map for me is the squid one where there's a crime to be solved. The quest was kid of fun but everything else kind of meh. Anyway, game is worth playing . it gets pretty challenging pretty soon.
BTW, was I playing it wrong by spamming just critical strike and triple strike or what have you? Seemed like all attacks did same damage on my dual wielding Jedi

Also, stones for the light saber didn't seem do differentiate shit when it came to colour and laser sharpness/bluntness/pointiness. Which is a shame considering the wasted customization
>>
>>316645315
How are you going to corrupt everyone and get all the fun story bits without a high intelligence score and sentinel?
Seriously there are so many fun skillcheck in almost every conversation I don't understand how anyone can pick consular or guardian.
>>
>>316644874
>>316645173
Yeah, I know of the Taris skip mod but I feel I shouldn't do that for my first playthrough.

Anything else recommended, though? I know I should wait until I become a Jedi to level up so I can get more Force powers, but is there anything else like that the game doesn't tell you?
>>
>>316645026

No.

God tier

Taris

Great tier

Tatooine
Unknown World
Kashyyk
Korriban

Good tier

Anything else not mentioned

Shit tier

Manaan
Dantooine
>>
>>316645194
Two.
>>
>>316645380

>Kotor is a Jedi simulator

No, the Jedi Knight series is a Jedi simulator.

Kotor is an RPG. What if I don't want to be a faggy fucking Jedi. Why am I forced to become one?

And I am sick of Jedi loving plebs shitting all over the best part of the game.
>>
File: Suvam Tam.jpg (9 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Suvam Tam.jpg
9 KB, 250x188
>>316645513

Elder God Tier:
chilling with this nigga on Yavin Station
>>
>>316645464
Don't kill Juhani
>>
File: tom 2.png (102 KB, 298x388) Image search: [Google]
tom 2.png
102 KB, 298x388
>>316643601
Taris is tedious and the shittiest part of the game by far. Everything else is golden. Just wade through it.
>>
>>316645513
Manaan is god tier on your first playthrough and then a lot worse on repeats.
>>
>>316645758

I wanted so bad for there to be more content on that level.
>>
>>316645459
I remember playing consular and can't recall having any problem with corrupting the party. That was almost a decade ago and I feel like I cheated a bit by using a walkthrough, admittedly. As I said, consular and guardian are personal preferences of mine. I like their prestige classes better.
>>
Why do people hate taris?
>>
>>316645641

You are forced to become a Jedi in Kotor because Kotor is a Jedi simulator.
>>
>>316644432
your opinion is worthless
>>
>>316645513
>Tatooine
>great tier
>>
>>316645960

Literally because they are capeshit manchildren who want to be a cool jedi with super powers and a laser sword.
>>
>>316645960
Too long and not much fun. Seriously, you're stuck with only Carth for company for half of it.
>>
>>316643601
getting high and/or drunk should help.
>tfw can barely enjoy vidya these days unless im intoxicated
>>
>>316644636
Peragus station is far worst. That shit always makes me want to not play KOTOR 2.
>>
>>316643601

I'm actually replaying this right now for the first time since it came out.

I've been noticing how much it feels like Mass Effect.
We've got ruins and artifacts of an ancient race, companions with either daddy issues or a long lost relative, evil corporations verus noble natives or colonists, a Saturday morning cartoon villain...
>>
>>316645921
Just try playing through it once as a high int sentinel with basically all skills except stealth.
>>
>>316645960
The gang shit was boring, carth was annoying as hell, you're weak as fuck and can't do shit, and the backtracking was awful.
>>
>>316645960
It's pretty long. Other than that it's pretty good, although it's a little annoying that the optimal strategy is to never level up until you become a Jedi.
>>
>>316646191
Isn't there a mod that lets you skip it? But yes, Peragus is terrible. Telos is just barely better.
>>
File: suvam_trandoshan.jpg (103 KB, 800x390) Image search: [Google]
suvam_trandoshan.jpg
103 KB, 800x390
>>316645876

Agreed.

I just did the battle against the Trandoshans on Difficult.

I had difficulties keeping my Revan alive, but man Canderous and HK-47 fucked the lizards' shit up big time. That was fun.
>>
>>316645459
I just did a run through where I went Consular into weapon master and just took 2 or 3 feats to make most of my skills class skills. Had no problems with skills.
>>
>>316646147

>not much fun

What is your idea of fun?

You are on an awesome city that rivals fucking Coruscant? You have an upper city with the rich elite that does collisional like gladiator duels, a lower city full of gangs, the poor and low lives, and undercity with little homeless encampments being attacked by plagued monsters that used to be human, then the sewers with mobster hideouts and a fucking rancor monster in it.

>muh carth

Who cares, you get Mission and her Wookie early on and the Droids too.

The story was great too because it was like Battlefront. You were just some normal guy who was a republic soldier. You happened to be on a ship that crashed and you are trying to avoid being caught while pretty much behind enemy lines in a Sith controlled city.

Only afterwards did it turn into a le chosen one stupid bullshit once you found Bastila and went to fucking Dantooine. It turned into typical Bioware shit at that point.
>>
>>316645960
>carth
>huge level with no force speed so backtracking is a bitch
>annoying gang related missions and lower city sections in general
>carth
>long as fuck
>carth

The way i see it is kind of like when I needed to boost my page length in an undergrad paper and i would just add some bullshit that was passable but not optimal into one paragraph
>>
File: 1353278902906.jpg (19 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1353278902906.jpg
19 KB, 500x404
>leave Taris on level 8
>all those wasted force powers
fuck
>>
>>316645641
Not all RPG's give you unlimited choice.
>>
File: Carth_Onasi_profile.png (94 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
Carth_Onasi_profile.png
94 KB, 297x297
>meet Carth's son on Korriban
>kill him
>Carth shouts "YEAH YOU LIKE THAT?" during the fight
>talk to him while standing over his son's corpse
>"What's on your mind?"

this nigga
>>
>>316646808
dude mission sucks ass too
>>
>>316647091

You just confirmed that Taris haters are the ultimate plebs.
>>
>>316647090
>play kotor, love the game hate carth
>get mass effect
>talk to kaiden
>its carth
>mother fucking carth
>ignore him, leave him on ship
>have to decide who to leave behind
>carth in an instant

fuck carth
>>
You niggas better know Dark Forces II is the best shit.
>>
>>316647279
Always like Outcast the most.
>>
File: 1446509866072.jpg (156 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1446509866072.jpg
156 KB, 853x1280
>>316647180
what is good about mission, she fucks up and whines that she is treated like a kid even though she is literally just a kid

i always make zalbaar kill her
>>
>>316643601
GL trying to get it running correctly on a widescreen or anything above windows xp.

shits a god damn nightmare. I have tried literally everything and theres still problems. Either the framebuffer effects/soft shadows crashes the game, or the mouse doesnt hook right on the screen, its a absolute clusterfuck mess of garbage that quite honestly isnt even worth fucking with.

Either play it (xbox) version backwards using x360 or download it on a tablet.

It's a good game dont get me wrong but holy hell has it aged badly compatibility-wise. also god help you if you're on windows 8 or 8.1
>>
>>316647253
I know some people left Ash to die on Virmire because she's a racist, but unlike Kaidan she at least leaves an impression.
>>
File: header.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
Is this the last great game Bioware made before going to shit?
>>
elder god tier
>HK-47
>Canderous

great tier
>Bastila (if you're male and she's going full tsundere with you)

okay tier
>Jolee
>Mission

shit tier
>Juhani MUH HEAVY ACCENT
>Zaalbar MUH WRRAUUGHHRR
>Carth MUH I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

NEVER EVER leaving the ebon hawk tier
>T3-M4
>>
>Bioware record hundreds of thousands of lines for their games
>mfw I skip most of that shit

Lmao, who thought it'd be a good a idea to have so much fucking talking in a game when it's not even interesting a majority of the time.

That shit wouldn't even fly in a movie, it'd be fucking boring.

The only thing worth listening to in KOTOR was HK-47
>>
>>316647845
Kinda? I mean it looked like goulash, the story was mediocre, and technically it didn't really do anything particular that hadn't been done before in the genre, but overall it was okay. I could agree that it's the last good game they made.
>>
>>316647845
ME2 was still kinda fun back when we all still assumed it was just fun filler.
>>
>>316647918
Why were T3-M4 and Juhani in the game? Did anybody even use T3-M4?
>>
>>316647845

Yes.

>>316647614

>Kill ash because she's racist

Unbelievably stupid. SJW's are terrible people.

>>316647461

You remind me of people who don't like Raiden in MGS2.

I've noticed that people who hate on Carth or in your case, Mission. Never do so with reasons about why she's badly written or because of plot holes. But always because "He's annoying, she's not cool". All bullshit reasons that people used to hate Raiden in MGS2.

It's like you want every character in the game to be a cool badass, and for you to be the coolest most badass of them all so you can feel good about yourself. And because Taris and Carth don't give this to you, you chuck a little fit about it.

Childish as fuck.
>>
>>316647918
>not equipping t3 with the flamethrower and watching him light niggers on fire like hes the grandmaster dragon

I will say, i pretty much always used bastilla and never gave her armor, her clothes were way too good to switch them
>>
>>316647614
>ash
>racist
She's just a space ukipper and even speaks out against the space bnp.

also
>not leaving muh biotics on virmire
>>
>>316648367
To be fair, Raiden's character changed and evolved throughout MGS 2. Mission pretty much stayed the same.
>>
>>316648607

I am not comparing the characters or writing quality, but the fans reasons for hating said characters.
>>
Is it worth getting KOTOR2 if you've never played the first?
>>
>>316648507
>not leaving muh biotics on virmire
Kaiden isn't great but he is better than ashley.
and least kaiden never tries to kill actual good characters.

And you get a comfy game of poker in ME3 rather than a drunk slut screaming at you.
>>
>>316648367
I will concede that I don't think she is terribly written or anything, if anything my complaint of her proves she is well written; I just can't stand her character.

Do I think the game would be better without her? No, she does serve her purpose for certain narratives and gives the squad a unique perspective, I just don't like her due to her character

Also, I don't give a shit if it's childish, its a fucking video game
>>
>>316648679
Yeah but why not play the first?
There are a lot of references to kotOR 1 which make KotOR 2 more enjoyable if you play 1 first.
>>
are there any mods for kotor 2 to get armor with robes on top like obi wan in the clone wars series?
>>
>>316648692
Ashley only kills Wrex if you didn't bother levelling your character or doing side quests and are literally retarded.

You get Kaiden hitting on you in ME3 as well.
>>
File: CanderousHS-KOTOR.jpg (355 KB, 826x1222) Image search: [Google]
CanderousHS-KOTOR.jpg
355 KB, 826x1222
YEAH WHAT DO YOU WANT
>>
>>316647614
I know some people let her die on Virmire because she could kill Wrex. No idea why people would get pissy about that, since if you have even half a brain cell and give an iota of a shit about Wrex you'll just pick the dialogue options that doesn't lead to her shooting him.
>>
>>316648938
So?
you don't know that by virmire.
she didn't kill my wrex but she was fucking twitchy around garrus and wrex.
Kaiden was just a generic soldier. Boring but not in any way annoying.

Ashley was a liability.
you are a bad space captain.
>>
>>316648938
>You get Kaiden hitting on you in ME3 as well.
Yeah, that was a weird turn.
>>
>>316648781

Well I am glad you admit it's just that you don't like her as a character.

Now if only Carthfags and Taris haters can do the same.

There is nothing actually bad about Carth or Taris.

Kotor is basically a Saturday morning cartoon like every other average Bioware plot since it, like >>316646229 said. But Taris stood opposed to that lighthearted theme.

It was a more serious more grounded level with a darker atmosphere to the rest of the game and Jedi fags couldn't stand it. They wanted their super powers back.

Well I enjoyed it. There is nothing objectively wrong about Taris, it's just a matter of taste, and the majority of people who played Kotor are shit taste Jedi nerds.
>>
File: Orig_320200_1_1257581825.png (408 KB, 2000x1240) Image search: [Google]
Orig_320200_1_1257581825.png
408 KB, 2000x1240
>>316646229
Bioware stories are typically very formulaic.
>>
>>316649478
Taris is great the first time you do it.

But in subsequent playthroughs you're just craving a lightsaber, better companions and force speed.

It's a shame really.
>>
>>316643601
Just play the second one, it's the great one.

>>316645758
Literally the best character in the first game.
>>
I didn't like Taris my first time either tb-h, but after that I absolutely loved the game
>>
>>316650083
>you're just craving a lightsaber

Why? It's functionally the same as a vibroblade pretty much as far as mechanics are concerned.

The only point Taris haters have is the backtracking. But you don't need force speed, just use the adrenal stimpack thing that makes you run faster.
>>
>>316645109
All the sentinel have is good all round saves. There is no reason not to go consular for the force focus skill (make it much harder to resist your force power) since all the jedi classes were changed to have the same attack bonus growth
>>
>>316650083
There's a lot to find that's very interesting in Taris. When I discovered that you can hide a thermal detonator on a corpse, have the rancor eat it, and make it explode and die, it helped me appreciate Taris a lot more.
>>
>>316650934
>When I discovered that you can hide a thermal detonator on a corpse, have the rancor eat it, and make it explode and die
What, you didn't actually try to fight the rancor instead, right?
>>
>>316651037
I inundated him with grenades the first time.
>>
>>316651037
not him but before i knew you could do that i laid like 50 mines and kited him to them
>>
>>316650934
>>316651103
>>316651135
Doesn't the game throw hints at you that you should rig the corpse?
>>
>>316650324
I agree with you. It's just that after your first playthrough you KNOW of all the cool and flashy stuff (lightsaber force powers etc) waiting for you, that's why Taris suddenly feels like a chore you have to go through before the "Jedi Simulator" begins. Do you know what I mean?
>>
>>316651312
Yeah, there's a datapad right before the Rancor room.
>>
>>316651312
It does. I think there's a log you pick up right before that explicitly tells you to booby trap the corpse with grenades.
>>
>>316647845
>Origins
>great

It was mediocre as fuck. Last good game was Mass Effect 2.
>>
>>316651037
12yo me wasn't very smart.
>>
>>316647918
>Juhanni
>shit accent

Her accent was sexy. The problem was that she was so damn fugly looking. How does Bioware fuck up making an attractive catgirl?......
>>
>>316644768
dark side consular spec into Sith Lord and full WIS or uninstall the game
>>
File: 6oVgUvu.png (555 KB, 3300x3140) Image search: [Google]
6oVgUvu.png
555 KB, 3300x3140
>>316651564
>origins mediocre
>Last good game was Mass Effect 2
>>
>>316651564
Mass Effect 2 was the beginning of the downfall, even if it was good.
>>
>>316647918
>HGAY-47 and Cancerous elder god
No

>Asstila great
About as whiny and annoying as Carth

>Jolee Dindo great
Again, no.

The only good companions were Mission and Zaalbar. Juhanii was okay. The rest are pointless or annoying in some way.
>>
I'm on Dantooine and still getting fucked up by these fucking hounds and those droids in the ruins. Why am I weak as shit
>>
The game is pretty good but i wish it had more levels where you used blasters n shit, I mean I'd love a kotor-like game where you're just a merc instead of a jedi. Also that misson where you get the ship was goat.
>>
>>316652705

>HGAY-47

Incredible. It's like I'm actually talking to a pleb in middle school.
>>
>>316652776
I remember I had a lot of trouble my first time with those drioids
>>
>>316652705
>The only good companions were Mission and Zaalbar.
You can't be serious.
>>
>>316652776
Those droids are always a pain in the ass. Equip everyone with blasters, also spam grenades like there's no tomorrow.
>>
Why would you force yourself to play a game you don't like

Also, your character is Revan.
>>
Anyone else think an Argonian lass swishing around some mouthwash would be H O T. Perhaps it even burns a bit and she winces.
>>
File: 1444006890020.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444006890020.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>316653260
>Also, your character is Revan.
>>
File: 1444002728425.png (374 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1444002728425.png
374 KB, 414x499
>dropping niggas left and right with force kill
>>
>>316645960
It's long and starts pretty slow and people just want to be a jedi already.

But honestly, after a few playthroughs of using the skip taris mod I started playing through it and started looking for a skip dantooine mod instead - cause that shit is just boring as fuuuuck.
>>
Is it pretty normal to blast through these medipacks in the first couple levels

I spend like 1000 credits just stocking up on them
>>
>>316653667
Yeah, it makes a world of difference when Bastila is added to the party.
>>
>>316644432
>>
Manaan was god tier. Jolee Bindo was the best non-returning partner. Bastilla and that Twilek had fat asses.
>>
>>316643601
>What should I do to make sure I enjoy myself?

Try playing a game that appeals to you, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>316644636
4th reply and someone already brings up the inferior KotOR2. You guys don't disappoint.
>>
>>316645196
Lol I say this shit all the time
>>
>>316647918
>Zaalbar MUH WRRAUUGHHRR

Fuck me, I laughed
>>
>>316643601
You need to
>like RPGs
>like Star Wars
if you dislike either then you won't have a good time.
>>
>>316645764
Why not? She manages to be shit despite being an extra Jedi companion. And her personal quest is all glitched.
>>
>>316646325
The nigger from rival gang giving a speech about the future was just pure cringe.
>>
What are some essential Jedi powers?
Started with disable droid and force push
>>
>>316660639
Heal, speed, lightning and push when I feel like it.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.