[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The power creep in this game is getting ridiculous. If for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
The power creep in this game is getting ridiculous.

If for some reason Warrior wants to run taunts there is literally no reason to pick any taunt besides the monkey.

Pic related is a stupid high amount of value for what he is. Him being a beast only makes it worse. There is no reason to pick the Raptor over Huge Toad he is better in every imaginable way. They already did this shit with King's Elekk, but Huge Toad is far more reliable and you'll definitely see two of them in every Hunter deck.

Even though this is a digital game Blizzard refuses to balance the cards. Instead they'll just keep introducing stronger cards that will make more and more cards not viable. Instead of nerfing Shredder, they made a mini Shredder. Instead of nerfing Boom, they just tried to make another strong 7 drop.
>>
>>316595754
that is one of the worst 2 drops around.
>>
>>316595754
Class cards are supposed to be better than neutral cards, but a neutral card being better than another neutral card is pretty fucking retarded
See: ragers and booty bay bodyguard/ evil heckler
>>
>>316595754
>i play hearthstone and care about competitive play
You've made a mistake. YOU are in the wrong.
>>
>>316595754
>3/2 for 2
>deathrattle for 1 more damage
>beast
Holy mother fucking shit I am glad I got out of this game. Did Blizzard not look at any other card games at all while designing this game? Magic figured out a long time ago that you need to think ahead in terms of how fast you power creep your game or shit gets stupid.
>>
>>316596076
Blizzard has probably made more money off this game then mtg
>>
>>316595754
This isn't power creep.

Piloted Shredder and Sludge Belcher are power creep. Huge Toad is a slightly less shit version of a shit card.
>>
>>316595967
The class card being better argument is fucking awful though. All that does is reduce the variety in decks even more so. It's sad how when you play a class a good 50% of your deck is basically auto made because that class always has specific cards that are too strong not to include.

Hunter is by far the best example of this. No matter what kind of deck you're making, you are going to be playing suboptimally if you don't include many of his cards.

The point of class cards should be to introduce unique mechanics and strategies in the game. Druid has the two different effects as well as mana ramping, Rogue has combo, Mage has the nuke damage, etc... Using those unique cards to find value in specific neutrals should have been the point.

Instead they just keep introducing really strong class cards that make neutral minions even less relevant. It's going to get to the point to where (outside of Piloted Shredder and Boom) the only non class cards you'll see will be in aggro decks.
>>
Knife juggler is better
>tfw knives flying everywhere on my paladin with Murloc knights
>>
>>316595754
Knife Juggler is the best 2 drop in the game and amounts to basically having card text that reads "If lives 1 turn, you win the game". Also a vanilla neutral 2 drop. Then theres Minibot and Scientist that shits on this card. There are so many better cards, its not even funny. Now fuck off you stupid fucking rank 20 retard.
>>
>>316596229
Knife Juggler is also one of the most broken cards in the game and is auto included in all aggro decks for good reason. I don't know why the fuck they thought making him a 3/2 was alright.
>>
>>316596181
Ahaha no. Maybe one day.
>>
File: Top kek bra.jpg (125 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
Top kek bra.jpg
125 KB, 609x607
>>316595754
>Constructed running huge toad
>2 in every hunter deck
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy shit CfamUCK are you serious.

This slow, weak "powercreep" is alright when the cards in question are under powered basics that are never used. No one ran booty bay, no one ran magma rager, and now no one runs Evil heckler or ice rager.

They should sort out the real power creep, shredder and Dr boom.
>>
>>316596223
I agree that the decks are too similar, thanks to class cards being op. Just meant to say that blizz wants the class cards to be better, dont ask me why
>>
>>316596331
>there are more broken cards in the game
>thus this card isn't power creep you shieldbearer!
>>
>>316596223
What is Sludge Belcher?
What is Azure Drake?
What is Loatheb?
What is Emperor Thaurissan?
What is Violet Teacher?
What is Antique Healbot?
What is Mad Scientist?
What is all the dragon tribe cards?
>>
>>316596223
Hunter plays the fewest class cards outside of spells/weapons. Highmane is basically it. It has the most class legendaries and they are all unplayable as well. You clearly dont play the game.
>>
rank 26 kek, good one OP, you disgusting faggot
>>
>>316596436
It's not power creep. It doesn't raise the overall power level of the cards. If, instead of making Deathwing, they made a 1/1 for 10 mana in the base game, and then they made a 2/2 for 10 mana in the next expansion, would it be power creep? No, because it'd still be unplayable garbage, so nobody would play it.
>>
>expecting blizzard to know balance
>expecting hearthstone to be good

Its pretty obvious power creep would happen since cards dont rotate. You want an actual good card game then go play mtg, until then keep eating shit and enjoy it.
>>
>>316595754
Here is your reply.
Cards being better than the basic set cards is ok. It's not power creep if it's still a shit card. What deck could possibly run it? Beast hunter? There are better 2 drops. Agro anything? There are better 2 drops. All it does is add more variety in a space which isn't problematic in the first place.

Your understanding of business models and game balance is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>316596462
Every Hunter deck basically has to have at least one of the following

>freezetrap
>some other trap
>eaglehorn
>unleash the keks
>animal call
>quick shot

And many run things like glaive as well. Those are in all Hunter decks and if they are running two of them that's already around 11+ cards.

The fact that you say Hunter is one of the classes that plays the fewest class cards is a bad thing and a great example of how overpowering class cards is a terrible design philosophy.

>>316596446
Wow less than 20 viable neutral cards!
>>
>>316595754
Warrior was the worst class in arena (and likely still is) because of how many shitty class commons there are (i.e. bolster). So the warrior class for arena needs good common class cards to make them not statistically the worst arena class, which is why blizz released the monkey taunt as a common.
>>
>call pet and freezing in every hunter deck
unless you mean animal companion that is a kinda funny joke
>>
by that i mean freezing is run in all hunters other than face which is the fucking 99% of hunters right now. fuck you rexxar taste reno jackson
>>
>>316596794
This is true.

Also the reason why they're diluting warlocks card pool every set with at least one God awful common or rare.
>>
>>316596945
Is Reno Jackson any good? It seems quite restrictive.
>>
I stopped playing when they nerfed patrons. I think the deck was over-tuned but the nerf was the most poorly thought-out way of doing, it completely ruined a unique deck. Not only that, they nerfed it 6 months after the deck had dominated the ladder and the meta was finally starting to stabilize.

Anyways, digital card games are boring as fuck, I prefer the real thing.
>>
What do you expect from Blizzard
Blizzard is the worst company at balancing pvp games.
The closest they've ever been at decent balance was Season 7 of arena in WoW
and Brood War

If you really don't like the direction of the game, drop it. It's been garbage since day 1.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
>>
>Huge Toad is far more reliable and you'll definitely see two of them in every Hunter deck.

no you wont
king's elekk already rarely sees play because guess what, (face) hunter runs double mad scientist double knife juggler on the two spot and there's not space for this shit
>>
>>316596851
Shit yeah I meant animal companion
>>
this card is going to be auto-include in most paladin decks. It's a more versatile aldor's peacekeeper since reducing a minions health to 3 is usually more beneficial when it comes to high-threat targets since it allows you to easily trade up. The only way it could fuck you is in aggro matchups if you are forced to buff one of the enemy minions but even aggro decks often run minions that have higher stats than 3/3. It also has huge versatility for aggression since it can be used to buff one of your own minions.
>>
>>316595754
Why do you think blizzard cares about balance in hearthkek?
Their only goal is to sell more card packs and whatever mtx the game has. This has been clear since the closed beta.
>>
>>316596758
don't forget kill command
>>
>>316597331
You think? It is a 4 drop, and Paladin has so many good 4 drops I wonder if they'll find the space for it.
>>
I'm convinced Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing.
Like, they had an entire physical card game what was alright.

But now, it's like they've got people that have never played a card game before just making the game up as they go along.
They don't plan ahead.
They don't have any standards.
Shit like Dr. Boom and other cards will never be replaced.
>>
>>316597085
The nerf to Patron made it way more fun to play. I didn't like Patron Warrior. No one did.

You just sat around stalling till you could do your big combo. It was a draw reliant deck making it dull as fuck to play and to fight.

Now it's extremely entertaining because you have many different ways to win and many different gameplans. You don't rely on drawing Thaurissan or Warsong so you can do all sorts of shit.

>throw down Armorsmiths to get tanky as fuck
>try to get a beefy Frothing to seal it out
>use weapons for removal and control
>place Patrons down for pressure, forcing them to clear or eat a bunch of damage
>basically setup for huge Gromm finishers

Gromm is by far the most satisfying legendary in the game. People never see the fourteen instant damage on turn 10 coming.

It's fun and it doesn't feel cheesy. There are a lot of answers to Patron now and strong taunt cards can give you a hard time.

Nerfing Warsong to the ground was a good choice.
>>
>>316597035
its cards in your deck, not hand/already played. you can have standard freeze with a reno and still play it if you track cards and know you have only single cards in deck left (like last 10 cards are all unique with 8 still in hand) and play reno for full heal. certain mage builds can use duplicate as well and have multiple renos. fatigue/echo mage for example can throw it in there. control pally can have it and couple have gone to top 5 ladder with reno added in. considering how new the deck is, results are strong.
>>
>>316597331
I don't know if keeper or uldaman necessarily is an auto-include in most paladin decks since paladins have so many good 4 drops, but it definitely is a really good card and I'm happy they're releasing it. I like that it is very versatile, can be used on one of your own 1/1's or on opposing minions to make good trades. Pretty neat card design overall.
>>
>>316597531
>Duplicating Reno
oh fuck, I hadn't even considered that. that sounds terrifying on Freeze Mage.

May have to try this.
>>
Nobody plays bloodfen raptor.
>>
>>316597531
What's stopping fatigue decks from running Reno and just playing them when their deck is empty? Isn't that a guaranteed full heal?

I've been wondering if I should include him in my Mill Rogue deck just for shits and giggles. Reno --> Vanish seems like a nasty as fuck combo.
>>
File: aspect of the fox.png (71 KB, 264x334) Image search: [Google]
aspect of the fox.png
71 KB, 264x334
>>316597558
wow blizz real creative
>>
>>316597643
>What's stopping fatigue decks from running Reno and just playing them when their deck is empty?
700 gold and 15 minutes of work, that's about it.
>>
>Game that allows them to literally change cards that are 'weak'
>People are okay with them selling better versions of old cards
>They prefer it to stopping to realize they could just BUFF THOSE OLD FUCKING CARDS

Hearthfags are LITERALLY the most retarded people
>>
>>316597673
Well I never got into WoW, so I wouldn't know about this, but it's still a fun card to release into the set. The game is called Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, so it shouldn't be a surprise that many of the cards are based on stuff from WoW.
>>
>>316597813
>change weak card
>its strong
>everyone plays 'weak' card
>stop playing strong card
>cry about strong card being weak
>buff that
>repeat ad nauseum
>2 drops are now 8/8s that deal 8 dmg battlecries or everything is vanilla 3/2 and no variety
>>
There are so many design decisions in this game that make no sense to me.

For example, why is Divine Shield not a battlecry? It's stupid as fuck that you can get a Shielded Minibot off Shredder (or Redemption/whatever that revival secret is) AND it gets the shield back. Divine shield is already a strong mechanic it doesn't need that extra bit of versatility.

Another thing I hate is classifications. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't using Paladin's Hero Power lead to that minion getting buffed if he's running that sword that buffs minions he summons? And yet at the same time it doesn't trigger Mirror Entity which is supposed to copy what your opponent summons. If it did Mirror Entity would be shit, but my point is just how stupid the logic is with those designs. Knife Juggler throws knives from Paladin's Hero Power too. I can't remember if the Paladin secret that reduces health to 1 triggers off his hero power. The fact that I have to just study it case by case is an example of bad design.

Another one I hate is how secrets count as spells and as secrets. You have cards that have unique bonuses revolving around secrets. You also have cards that have unique bonuses revolving around spells. That shit shouldn't count both ways. Flamewaker shouldn't trigger off secrets.

It's like they weren't sure secrets would ever become viable when they first created them so they just shoved a bunch of retarded secret based cards in assuming they would never be viable.

There's also other shit that annoys me. The timing feels so random from shit. Knife Juggler pings take priority over everything else for some reason. Explosive Trap has to trigger before you even get your attack through. And yet when you play Tinker's Oil, it waits until after Violet Teacher summons an apprentice before giving the buff. Why Tinker's Oil even uses RNG is beyond me.
>>
>>316598171
>Mirror Entity which is supposed to copy what your opponent summons
Except it doesn't.
>>
>>316598171
These things are pretty consistent, though. Knife Juggler triggers whenever you summon a minion, Mirror Entity triggers whenever your opponent PLAYS (from the hand) a minion. As for the minion order, it depends on which card is played first.

If you wanna talk inconsistency, talk about Druid of the Claw.
>>
>>316597558
You can even use it to make your Dr. Boom untargetable by Big Dick Hunter :^)
>>
>>316598171
Mirror entity actually does make sense because it says whenever your opponent -plays- a minion, which means from his hand. What I really hate is that the coin is a spell and a card, instead of just being something you click on to get an extra mana this turn.
>>
>>316598171
divine shield isnt a battlecry because the cards are generally weaker stats to gain the shield. 2/2 for 2 is weak statline. the divine shield is worth more than 1 stat (usually a 3/2 for 2), but its a class card, so its 2/2 with shield. look at sunwalker. 4/5 with taunt and shield for 6 is not good. taunt and shield are what take its stats (boulderfist is 6/7 vanilla for example).

mirror entity clearly stats minions played, which are from hand. summons like animal companion (a spell) or hero power are not targets for it. you not understanding card text and interactions is your fault, not the games or blizzards.
>>
>>316598462
Yeah coin being a spell is pretty dumb. It can make playing Tempo Mage or Rogue in general frustrating too because the difference between having coin and not having coin is huge with those two characters, all because coin counts as a spell.

>with coin you can get a turn 2 3/3 with 2 burst damage via SI7 Agent, all without burning a backstab
>with coin you can play Flamewaker and immediately start getting pings
>it's not ran these days, but with coin you can turn 1 defias ringleader for two 2 attack minions immediately

And so on. Whenever I play Rogue I always pray I get coin. It's amazing with Violet Teacher and that one legendary that gets buffed based on the amount of cards you played
>>
File: no fuckin sense.jpg (115 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
no fuckin sense.jpg
115 KB, 640x427
>>316598403
This pisses me off so much you don't even know.
>>
>>316598720
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>316596562
MtG is worse
>>
>>316598804
He plays hunter, taunt is OP.
>>
>>316598695
tempo mage going second is why its loses. lack of tempo and having to react. you play chow, waraxe the wyrm on 2 and he has a coin and flamewaker to die on turn 3. tempo mage prefers to go first. the odd time it draws nuts going second and you have no answer doesnt mean it is better going second with coin.
>>
>>316595754
That card is trash and absolutely NO deck uses it or ever would use it outside of arena.
>>
>>316598804
Druid of the Claw is a Transform card. However, unlike Druid of the Saber/Flame/Fang, Tinkmaster Overspark, Poultry-izer, Recombobulator, Hex and Polymorph, it does not have the word "transform" in its description.

The way Druid of the Claw is phrased is exactly the same as Ancient of War, which gets a buff, whereas Claw is replaced with another minion entirely (and thus can't be silenced). It'd be so simple to just replace its text with "Transform to gain Charge, or +2 Health and Taunt", like Druid of the Saber, but for some reason Blizzard refuses.
>>
>>316598674
I think what he's saying is that Piloted Shredder can sometimes cause insane value situations because Divine shield for Shielded Minibot isn't handled as a battlecry. It's a class-card, it already has a extremely good stat-line in conjunction with divine shield for 2 mana. It's probably the most competitive 2 drop. If you get it from Piloted Shredder you just got one of the most competitive 2 drops in the game without any investment. Making the divine shield a battle-cry would normalize the value a little bit that you could potentially get from shredder.
>>
>>316599080
I see it now.
>>
>>316596076
Magic has a 3/2 flyer for 1 mana, and its a common
>>
>>316598804
You can silence the +5 attack or the +5 health from Ancient of War and it turns it into a 5/5. You can't silence the +2 health from Druid of the Claw if you drop it in its taunt form. If you silence it it will just be a 4/6 without taunt.
>>
>>316596562
>Go Play MTG
Soon as MaRo fixes the insane price issue the game has.

Oh wait he's basically stated he doesn't care and the secondary market is more important than the players.
>>
>>316599131
You can also get complete fucking garbage out of shredder.

You can't just gut any 2 or 4 drop because they can potentially come out of a shredder/sky golem. Yes sometimes you're going to get an insane card via shredder it's called RNG. Sometimes you draw a good card or a shit one.
>>
>>316599206

delver is too good but invisible stalker was my mvp
>>
>>316598030
That photo isn't from WoW, it's from a different game called Duelyst. Has some similar ideas to Hearthstone but played on a grid like a tactical RPG rather than a card game.
>>
>>316599369
I am not justifying what he said, I was explaining the line of thought. I can understand the need to normalize RNG in a game like this but when people try to change 2-drops so they don't fuck you over when they drop out of Shredder it's a pretty clear problem that it's not the 2-drop being the problem but Shredder being the problem. If we have to change dozens of 2-drops to make a neutral 4-drop less impactful and swingy in terms of what it can do to the tempo of the game then it's obviously not an issue rooted with 2-drops.
>>
>>316596562
Only reason I or a lot of people play HS is because you could craft every gold in HS for less than a standard deck

And a standard deck rotates every 6 fucking months. Playing standard is like building a new gaming PC every 6 months. Modern and Legacy is like four times as expensive up front but doesn't rotate (though decks do get banned or obsoleted so this myth your legacy or modern deck lasts forever is bullshit.)

I have NO clue how people can afford magic unless they either borrow most cards, only play casual, have a very well paying job, or have no other expenses and hobbies.
>>
>>316599647
>Shredder still not nerfed to a 3/3
>Dr. Boom still not nerfed to 8 mana
>Mysterious Challenger still not nerfed to 7 mana
>Knife Juggler still not nerfed to a 2/2 or a 3 mana drop
>Warsong Commander not just saying "your minions with 3 or less attack have Charge"
>Magma Rager still not a 6/1
>Booty Bay Bodyguard still not a 5/5 with Taunt
>>
>>316599878
I'd love if hearthstone just released a huge nerf/balance update instead of another expansion.

They have so many good tools to use in this game and if someone just sat down with them and explained slowly and with small words how to fix it I think we could have something even more competitive.
>>
>>316599647
The problem isn't just Shredder though. It is the Paladin secret that revives a minion that dies. The fact that Minibot gets the shield back only further makes Paladin's early game obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>316600312
Me too. I wish every few months they did big balancing patches that altered a shit ton of cards. The game would be so much more interesting.

The meta currently is complete trash in HS. It's the exact same decks over and over again with no variety.
>>
>>316595754
Is that toad smoking a cigar?
>>
>>316600497
No, it's a leg. He ate someone.
>>
>>316600497
I keep seeing this too, but no, it's someone's boot.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>316597673
wow counterplay real creative
>>
>>316600497
http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/272/368/27219.gif
>>
>>316599820
Proxy cards, bro
>>
>>316595754
>Blizzard refuses to balance the cards
Blizzard refuses to balance anything in any of their games
>>
>>316600497
I think the point was to give the illusion.
>>
So what do you guys think of the new expansion?

I really like the new cards. For once Rogue got cool cards and I'm thinking of trying out a deathrattle deck with her once they come out. I doubt it will be strong, but it should at least be fun. I hope they continue to give her coin related cards. I love Cutpurse.

Discover is a great mechanic imo. Joust was a huge failure and the complete RNG (summon random shit) cards like Shredder are obnoxious. Discover is a nice blend of strategy and rng and a good example of the kind of cards that make strong use of HS being digital.

I also like the possibility with discover. I think you'll see a lot more cards played because of it. Cards that are good, but not good enough to be put into decks will probably be played now thanks to discover.
>>
>>316602492
Shame Cutpurse is barely ever gonna get any use out of its effect. I'd love something like 3 mana 2/3 with a battlecry that gives you a coin.
>>
>>316601115
Not worth a life ban
>>
File: Tomb_Pillager_full.png (725 KB, 754x1002) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Pillager_full.png
725 KB, 754x1002
>>316602593
Yeah hopefully that comes next. I noticed Cutpurse and Tomb Pillager have similar designs (looks like it could even be the same guy) so I'm hoping they becomes a theme with Rogue cards from here on out.

I want basically every expansion or new deck to have a "cutpurse" guy card. Some sort of card that gives you a coin somehow.

Cutpurse gives it from attacking and Tomb from dying so I like your idea of getting one from a battlecry.

Cutpurse is probably my favorite card in the game. I wish he wasn't so shit. He would have needed to be a 1/2 1 drop to have been viable I think and even think it is a bit iffy.

A charge card with his effect would be sweet though.
>>
>>316602887
Dr. Embezzle, 7 mana 7/7, Battlecry: Summon 2 Coins Bots that add 1-4 Coins to your hand upon death.
>>
>>316603030
Amazing.
>>
>>316602887
It's important rogues have the coin or some sort of 0 mana spell to enable combo, which is why I think cutpurse and tomb pillager are there.

Personally I think some sort of summoning stones miracle deck could work really well for rogue. Summoning stones is basically a better violet teacher for that deck. The shit you can get from 0 mana spells off the stones is equal or better than the students the teacher spawns. And if you run sprint....well there's a lot of really nice 7 drops to randomly get like antonio, boom, war golem, gahzrilla etc
>>
>>316603187
I don't think Summoning Stone will see any use. 5 mana is just too slow for something with no stats.
>>
>>316595754
Blizzard is a business so it's okay if they make upgrades to every basic card to get more people to buy adventures and packs
>>
>>316603289
unless Master of Disguise meta comes back
>>
File: 1428497742010.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1428497742010.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>316596076
>Black Lotus
>>
File: Tinyfin.png (418 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
Tinyfin.png
418 KB, 400x543
Objectively better than wisp.
Reminder that crabs don't exist in non-murloc decks.
>>
>>316603187
I've actually been thinking of trying to run Summoning Stone in my oil Rogue deck. I want to like Violet Teacher, but she's so expensive and the summons are so lackluster since people are usually running cheap aoe because of the aggro meta.

It's just too bad summoning stone is even more expensive than violet teacher. Like you said though you could get 0 mana cost minions which isn't bad at all as there is a chance to get training dummy.

I could see something like Summoning Stone -> Preparation -> Fan of Knives being used especially if you already have spell damage.

I think the biggest problem with Summoning Stone is its stats. Having 0 attack is fine, but only 6 health for a 5 mana drop is pretty hard to justify even with an effect as potentially strong as its. It needed to be 7 hp or even 8 so people couldn't just fireball it
>>
>>316603534
Power creep in the cute meta
>>
>>316603534
Unstable Portal into Hungry Crab.
>>
>>316603534
They need to figure out what the fuck they want to do with classes. At this point they need to go back and make every minion have some sort of type to it. Just having Dragons, Beasts, demons, Murlocs, and Mechs is shit.

There are way too many cards that are literally just another card, but with one of the above classifications thus making it 100% superior in all situations.
>>
>>316603534
This card is actually a nerf for paladin decks since Murloc Jouster can summon it.
>>
>>316602593
Yeah, I think Cutpurse would've been much better designed if it was a 2-drop 2-1, battlecry give a coin.
>>
>>316603770
Not to mention the 1/3.

It'll be good on Shaman though.
>>
>>316603770
I'm still mad they made Murloc Knight class specific. Fuck Paladin and fuck the idea of giving him even more shit. Paladin is basically unbeatable in Arena now.
>>
>>316603876
Don't worry, when League of Explorers gets fully integrated Paladin will lose his boost to TGT cards, so Seal of Champions and Murloc Knights won't be in every deck anymore.
>>
>>316603289

It might not have any stats, but it's a very solid soft taunt. I can see Rogues comboing it with preparation as it keeps the original spell cost.

Summoning stone > Preparation > Summons Wisp or other 0 cost card > other spell.
>>
>>316604030
>it keeps the original spell cost
Is that confirmed? I recall that in the Brawl, it didn't work like this.
>>
File: 1402928686754.jpg (20 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1402928686754.jpg
20 KB, 367x451
>>316595754
>in the year 2001+14 of the year of our lord
>playing a pay to win card game
>>
>>316604105
>>316604030

This definitely needs to be confirmed. If it retains the original effect then I could see this being insane. It won't be reliable at all, but the potential is huge.

Turn 8

Summoning Stone
Preperation -> Wisp or Target Dummy for free stall
Sprint -> Potentially something insane like a 7/7 body via Boom

And then if it lived another turn you could potentially get a charge card while setting up a Tinker Oil combo.
>>
>>316595754
Is it power creep when the 'new and improved' card you introduced is still shittier than Knife Juggler and Mad Scientist and will still never be run?
>>
>>316604342
Yes, but in this case, the power creep is okay, because Bloodfen Raptor wasn't being played in any deck anyway.
>>
>>316604105

It fucking better or dropped.
>>
>>316604302
Summoning Stone is 5 mana though.
>>
>>316604342
Yes, just not really relevant outside of Arena.
>>
>>316604848
Whoops. My math could use some work. I guess you'd need a coin to do it that early.

Summoning Stone is just so slow, but Oil Rogue is already slow as fuck so they might be able to make it work
>>
>>316604302
>>316604738
>>316604991
Confirmed from datamining, it does not. Prep Eviscerate will give you two wisps or something comparable.
>>
>playing first week
>got into 20th rank
>meet a guy with a fuckload of legendaries, a shitload of golden cards and a portrait
Why was he there?
>>
>figure I might as well try out the game
>try to sign in with existing blizzards account
>every time it says there is an OOPS error in the server please wait and renter your information or restart your game
Anyone know how I resolve this?
>>
>>316605031
Whelp. Shit is useless then. I think Rogue was the only class that could have used Summoning Stone too.
>>
>>316605104
Because he's grinding for gold. He's also likely a bot, so don't think you'll see too many of those kinds of players.
>>
>>316605104

Because you can concede your way to shield bearer to get your quests done fast with easy wins. It's quality Blizzard design, I assure you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (83 KB, 341x352) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
83 KB, 341x352
>>316605203
Check the cache integrity.
>>
Can i add someone and watch them win a game so I can complete quest and get a free pack?
>>
>>316603876
You mean except versus rogue?
>>
what about the scarab 1/1 for 2? seems pretty good actually
>>
>>316595754
At least pick a relevant card anon. Huge toad isn't going to be run in anything.
>>
>>316597493
Gromm is no different than using a Fireball/Pyroblast or Leeroy.
>>
File: VgBtgSM.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VgBtgSM.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
>>316605714
>seems pretty good actually
In what way?
>>
>take shit card
>make it marginally better
>it's still shit in constructed, but it's now conceivably good enough to run in arena
it's good power creep
>>
not having any fun facing 100% tempo decks and a perpetually shifting metagame. this game will continue to be really shitty and unfun until tempo decks are nerfed
>>
>>316605914
Guaranteed to not be screwed turn 3.
>>
File: 1406402677701.png (201 KB, 322x395) Image search: [Google]
1406402677701.png
201 KB, 322x395
>People complaining about power creep over shitty basic cards no one uses
That's not fucking power creep. No one used Booty Bay, Magma Rager, or Bloodfen Raptor because they all suck. It's fine to release better version of cards no one uses.
Hearthstone is a game with some really godawful balance problems is fucking paladin REALLY getting another strong common card? but power creep is not one of them.
>>
Is Murlock board viable? I'm new to the game
>>
>>316606038
You would also not be screwed if you put in a good 3 drop instead of a scarab that's only as good as using your hero power.
>>
>>316605914
low cost discover minion
>>
who gives a shit about balance in a purely rng driven game anyway.
>>
>>316606038
>getting random card not even from your board
>not getting fucked on turn 3
>>
>>316605881
I think what makes him so satisfying for me is his voice and just how out of the left field he comes out of. You expect shit like Fireball from Mage, but Gromm is always that wild card.

Plus he gets beefy as fuck. If you do Inner Rage on him he's already sitting at 12 attack. If you have another Inner Rage or if you have Taskmaster he's now 14 burst damage with a good amount of health.

He has saved me in so many matches.
>>
>>316605714
Putting a card in your deck that's basically the Paladin's hero power is not a good idea. You'd rather just put in a 2 drop that does something or a 3 drop that you were trying to get out of the scarab in the first place. The 1/1 isn't really worth anything and it's arguably worse than novice engineer because it doesn't even help you cycle your deck.
>>
>>316606065

I have Murloc Warloc and Paladin

Its fun as shit at low levels but at higher rank im sure people will know how to deal with easy.

Murloc Warloc is more yolo and paladin has a little bit more sustain - i prefer my murloc recently but paladin have some some epic lul situations
>>
>>316606063
I could get why they don't add the deathrattle to bloodfen, but why could they not change booty bay and magma rager?
>>
>>316606127
>>316606221
You might not draw that card.
At least the scarab serves you up something on time.
>>
>>316606251
>Gromm is out of left field
The fuck are you talking about? Gromm is Warrior's go-to finisher. It's probably one of the least surprising things about the class. Especially after they drop an Alex on you
>>
>>316606387
You're as likely to draw the scarab as you are to draw your additional 3-drop. Unless you want like 10 3-drops for some fucking reason, whatever 3-drop you put in is likely to be better than the random one you get, and unless you're priest it's likely that using your hero power will generate about as much tempo as playing the Scarab.
>>
>>316606251
>Gromm is always that wild card.
No, everyone expects Gromm out of a Warrior.
That's like thinking people are actually surprised by FoN + Savage Roar or something.
>>
>>316595754
This game was pretty fun but I stopped playing and if I tried to come back to it now I'd have to drop a lot of money just to catch up again.
>>
>>316606387
The chance to draw a scarab card is literally the same as to draw any other 2 or 3 mana card. You aren't winning anything with this
>>
>>316606127
i think you would be replacing 2 drops with the scarab, not most 3 drops
>>
>>316606387
You're paying 5 mana for a "random" 3 mana creature and a 1/1. It puts you incredibly behind on board.
>>
I thought things would be different because it was a digital format, but nah, Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck and wants money.
>>
>>316606251
Yeah I never expect a warrior to play a legendary minion.
>>
File: 1445548701790.png (375 KB, 480x658) Image search: [Google]
1445548701790.png
375 KB, 480x658
>>316595754
>>
>>316603534
>>316595754

frog is not a power creep per se, since the deathrattle can have an negative effect on you

rager is tho
>>
WHO AM I?
>>
>>316606352
The same reason they don't buff any other cards I guess. Cause they're idiots. But it's completely irrelevant because Evil Heckler, Ice Rage, and Huge Toad aren't gonna be run over shit like Knife Juggler and Shredder anyway except in arena where you use cards you don't own anyway.
>>
>>316606690
A sheep :^)
>>
>>316606690
MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT
>>
What's the best legendary summon animation and why is it King Kruch?
>>
>>316606690
The reasoning behind Blizzard design choices.

Nobody knows.
>>
>>316595754
No one ever ran raptor anyway.
>>
File: GOzHjGV[1].jpg (29 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
GOzHjGV[1].jpg
29 KB, 720x960
>>316606671

next you'll say heckler isn't power creep because of joust
>>
That's a big toad
>>
>>316606778
That's not how you spell Nefarian.
>>
>>316606629
>6 mana for 7-10
Has Blizzard gone too far?
>>316606690
A toad.
>>
Can I add someone and watch them win please?

Pretty Please

Please Please Please
>>
>>316606690

Should I craft two of these and a coghammer

I'm just afraid of unpacking them later
>>
>>316606842
Ice Rager isn't powercreep, if you're on an empty board against an enemy with 4 hp and you topdeck Mortal Coil with a Soulfire on the top of your deck you'd rather have a Magma Rager in your hand.
>>
>>316595954
nope
>>
>>316606842
Ice Rager isn't power creep because they could take control of it.
>>
>>316595754
WOW
WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?
JUST WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY MAKE MONEY FROM SELLING NEW CARDS
>>
>>316606902

Go to the /vg/ thread if no one responds there are lots of people there
>>
>>316597493
Warsong is now worse than raid leader why, how and who does that serve?
>>
File: wryyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (11 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
wryyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
11 KB, 219x219
>>316606941

so if a card is better in 99% of situations that 1% where it isn't means its not powercreep right?
>>
>>316606570
...Which let's you ignore the 2 card rule. wanna tell me how third bow, unleash, cultist etc is bad?
>>
File: 1392522157491.gif (193 KB, 145x170) Image search: [Google]
1392522157491.gif
193 KB, 145x170
>>316606968
>Implying anyone is going to buy the adventure for fucking Huge Toad
Yeah okay.
And I'm sure Evil Heckler and Ice Rager, those two common cards that actually have decent vanilla stats instead of being pure trash now, are really raking in the big bucks too
>>
>>316607109
They might as well have removed it from the game. Even at 2 mana it wouldn't be played.
>>
File: Mage.jpg (99 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Mage.jpg
99 KB, 620x348
>>316606941
>Magma Rager
Well met!
>>
>>316606690

mysterious guy
>>
>>316607154
Dr. Boom isn't powercreep, if your enemy has a Weblord you'd rather have a War Golem.
>>
>>316606924
Craft only one of them. In a Secrets deck, the second Mystery Man doesn't do anything.
>>
>>316607195
>denying the power creep
>>
>>316606941
Ridiculous corner cases don't actually stop a card from being strictly better.
>>
>>316607398
By definition of "strictly", yes they do.
>>
>>316603508
>they figured it out a long time ago.
>Black Lotus.

It was only printed in very early sets, also: It's not a creep.
>>
>>316607195
Yeah. No one would ever spend money trying to get a better version of a basic card.
Hehehe-huhu heh, heheh
>>
>>316598087
>either or
False dichotomy. They could try to make cards not useless for starters.
>>
>>316607454
But not by definition of "Strictly Better"
>>
>>316607548
They wouldn't because crafting a common costs 50 dust
>>
>>316597331

>12k gold
>>
>>316607195
No anon I'm sure nobody is spending money to get new cards that are better than the old ones
impeccable logic right there
>>
>>
>>316607675
that's what happens if you know how to properly play arena.
>>
>>316595754
Two things will happen to this game:
a) it will die
b) power creep
And there's a lot of things that help that. HS has a very limiting set of mechanics that would require rebuilding the game from the ground up to change, a very silly card design policy, class specific cards.
>>
>>316597331

new paladin decks: a nice gentle curve until 12 four-drops, and then tirion and dr 7
>>
>>316607817
He had the deluxe opening hand and you have value cards too late.

Sorry, better {luck} next time.
>>
>>316607935

i really should just be playing face hunter up until rank 5 every season, where midrange paladin is actually good
>>
>>316607817
Outskilled
>>
>>316607817
>not playing secret paladin yourself

that makes you bad
>>
>>316607935
>>316608079

he played dr 6 on curve too, felt cool
>>
Need someone to add to win game but still nothing :D
>>
game just needs more balance patches more often and less retarded fixes

just put kripparrian in charge the game will be better
>>
>>316606690
NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS
>>
>>316608207
Mistakes were made.
>>
>>316608353
you're not wrong
>>
>>316606690
One of the worst things to happen to the game.
At least now everyone hates Paladin as much as I always have
>>
>>316608695

What steaks? :(
>>
>>316608353

the first part of your post is good

the second part of you post makes me want to end it
>>
File: 1423483334020.jpg (149 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
1423483334020.jpg
149 KB, 500x608
I hate heathstone now man, every classes decks have become so much faster its silly. Now even druid runs Leper Gnome. Any new cards that come out invariably buff aggro decks and rarely make slower mid range and or control decks better. In addition control or slower decks rarely actually get anything new(that doesnt buff fast decks). Last time I think was Naxx with Belchers and Deathlords etc.
>>
File: CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l.png (440 KB, 525x654) Image search: [Google]
CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l.png
440 KB, 525x654
>>316608792
>he doesn't want the eternal romanian gollum balancing and managing hearthstone
>>
>>316608971
Well played!
>>
>>316608971

this is just what they want their game to be i guess
>>
>>316608353
Kripp would actually make hearthstone perfect if he had a say in what makes it past internal testing and balancing. Instead we have morons making stupid ass shitty RNG cards and hilarious card combos like grim patron/charge which took a year to fix. (Then they trashed a card completely and Ben brode has the audacity to say "new players just don't know how good the new warding commander is". What a retard
>>
>>316595754
>posts a shittier version of knife juggler
>"It's power creep because it's better than bloodfen raptor"
The vast majority of 2 drops are better than bloodfen raptor, and this is just as true now as it was back before Naxxramas. Huge toad is a card that will see play in arena, but in arena people are happy to take Puddlestompers because the stats are fine. There are dozens of two drops significantly more powerful than Huge Toad that still don't make the cut in constructed.
>>
>>316609027
He's not as entertaining as Trump.
>>
>>316596331
>If it lives 1 turn you win the game
That's extremely dramatic.
>>
>>316607398
That's Blizzards entire design philosophy.
>X is under/over powered
>But X can be countered/marginally useful
>Therefore X is fine regardless of how rare the case is that makes the underpowered card useful or how difficult it is to counter the overpowered strategy.
>>
>>316609115
>>316609136
Feels as if they never took into account that 30 life might not be enough with better and better cards at each mana point
>>
>>316609162
Knife juggler is not a beast to be fair
>>
>>316603289
>No stats
>summons tons of shit and fills your board
Did you control the board with your 3/5 violet teacher? No. It's a combo piece. Conceal and master of disguise exist and the card will run away with the game if not taken care of quickly.
>>
>>316595754
>Make a new card
>It is marginally less shitty than one of the shittiest cards in hearthstone
>BEAST DRUID IS NOW VIABLE THERE WILL BE TWO HUGE TOADS IN EVERY HUNTER DECK
No there won't. This card will have exactly zero impact on the constructed meta, and it arena it will just be a significantly worse version of knife juggler.
>>
Card games in general have always had bad problems with power creep.

buffing and nerfing cards was something I was excited about when hearthstone came out. shitty that they did not chose that route.
>>
>>316603560
Training dummy isn't bad, it's a free taunt and it has to die if they want to get past it. I'd rather a 0/2 with taunt over a 1/1 most cases.

It costs as much as gadgetzan did back in the day
>>
>>316609409
If your Violet Teacher gets silenced, you have a slightly below-average minion left. If Summoning Stone gets silenced, you have a dead board, AND it costs one more mana.
>>
>>316609027
Kripp is constantly asking for more tools for control decks and nerfs to aggro, but control decks are the ones that need the most dust. So newer players and most free-to-play players would be stuck in a meta with a shit win-rate, and without any reason for new players to get sucked in, the playerbase stagnates.

Kripp's thoughts on balance are often good ideas for the game, but I sure as fuck don't want him in charge
>>
>>316595954
are you retarded? this is great for hunter face decks, and might even be used in crazy deathrattle decks. it can trade with 3/4mana cost minions, like 50% atleast. its amazing value for face hunters.
>>
>>316607518
>>316603508

It was printed in the very first set and is banned in every format bar one, that no one plays because the deck costs are in the 10's of thousands.
>>
>>316609516
Good thing your class has numerous cards that give stealth, which means the opponents only out is, what? Spell damage boost flamestrikes or doomsayer? Twisting nether?

The card will run away with the game if not removed immediately. I have almost never seen violet teacher do anything worth including in a deck.
>>
>>316609487
YGO has atrocious power creep At least MtG has formats to avoid this shit.
But yeah, I don't know why they don't just balance their fucking game. It's a digital card game, they should take advantage of the format
>>
>>316609543
cheaper control cards then
>>
>>316609395
Beast synergy almost never accomplishes anything outside of Kill Command and Houndmaster, and it counts for even less in arena
>>
>>316609641
>numerous
Two.

It'll be strong for sure, but I worry if you have to wait for a combo with stealth it'll be too late.
>>
>>316609212
>Trump
>entertaining

You must be at least 18 years old to post on 4chan senpai
>>
>>316609713
You can toss it out without stealth as well.

Honestly all I am saying is that the deck has merit and should atleast be experimented with (preferably when all cards are out) rather than just blindly dismissed as garbage. I think it's far better than that deathrattle raptor.
>>
>>316606842
What happened to him after the whole drug / nigger episode?
>>
I never delved too much into this game's metagame but I just never liked how you had to shovel money into it if you ever wanted some decent cards. I enjoyed playing newbie rouge decks and face hunter because his basic cards are nb
>>
Guys

how do we fix rogues
>>
>>316609765
Least he didn't say Forskek
>>
>>316607454
"Strictly better" is a card game term.
>>
>>316606690
JOOOOOHN CENA
>>
>>316609713
As someone who's tried to make Master of Disguise combo decks work, yeah it's way too slow. Making something stealthed with the master of disguise generally takes your entire turn unless you concealed it the turn before so you lose out on a ton of tempo, not to mention you have to be waiting for the combo pieces anyway. And a stealthed minion can still be removed in quite a few ways so it's absolutely useless against classes like Paladin or Warrior.
>>
>>316609858
Make the hero power count as combo
make it put a 0 mana 1/2 weapon in your hand
~hand rogue~
there you go
>>
>>316609858

i think oil rogue is a really cool deck and i'd like to see them with more options. their problem is they suffer against aggro even moreso than other decks because they have to take face damage to clear with their hero power. they need more cards like si agent/undercity champ to keep up in a tempo meta.

though against others they have the potential to fucking wreck.
>>
>>316609848

Finally got my stolen car back after 2 months of walking and taking the bus. Thanks to a large loan I'll be able to get it fixed up and get a new apartment to start broadcasting again most likely before the end of next week. I will make a comeback return in the Hearthstone scene and on Twitch.tv over the course of Dec & January. It's going to be a long road to get back to where we used to be but I have no doubt we can grow even larger than we did before. And I'm very grateful for everyone that has kept following me through some very difficult times over the course of this past year. Breaking up with a girl I loved, having my wallet & car stolen, having to relocate two or three times, and dealing with the normal stress of PTSD from my deployment to Afghanistan which happened around Sep/Oct of 2008. Thank you very much for sticking with me and I hope to be back online by Nov 15th at the latest.

Cheers and much love,
>>
>>316609858

What is there to fix? MrYagut has been farming top 10 legend with rogue for the last week.
>>
>>316599206
You mean Circling Vultures? Because that's both no longer tournament legal, and comes with the major requirement of banishing a creature from your graveyard each turn (and milling creatures was a lot harder when it came out than it is now). Plus it's an uncommon.
>>
File: 27233[1].png (170 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
27233[1].png
170 KB, 286x395
>>316609858

they already did
>>
>>316610251
uhhh did you mean to link the 5/4 that gives you a coin?
>>
>>316610251
>Eerie Statue
>Rogue
What
>>
>>316599206
looking at cards in a vacuum just shows how little you know about the subject

>>316596076
>Did Blizzard not look at any other card games at all while designing this game?
one of the best MtG players of all time was actually a consultant and worked with the devs during early design stages, when he told them one too many times they were designing a power creep nightmare with the depth of a drop of piss he was basically told to fuck off and shove his opinions up his ass

HS is the epitome of casual watered down trash, it makes Yugioh look like a grand strategy game
>>
>>316610338

no that card is bad

the statue will make oil rogue beastly
>>
>>316610251
Isn't that a Shaman card? Looks like shitty version of Ancient Guardian desu
>>
>>316610374

oil flurry baybee
>>
casual reminder: blizzard is not out to make good games
>>
>>316606690
this knife juggler and Dr.Boom, the holy trio
>>
I'm about 99% convinced the people defending HS in this thread don't actually know what power creep means
>>
>>316610514

>can't figure out the class of a card from its border
>thinks ancient watcher is ancient guardian

jokes on you when every handlock will be running two of them
>>
>>316610626
what annoys me is the fact its digital card game, they can nerf the broken cards, like Mysterious John Cena, but they just say fuck it and ignore it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.