[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me ONE good reason why you haven't preordered Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15
File: CTtQLZxVAAQnsON.jpg (66 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
CTtQLZxVAAQnsON.jpg
66 KB, 600x375
Give me ONE good reason why you haven't preordered Legion yet and gotten your free* 100 boost, /v/
>>
File: dunno.png (53 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
dunno.png
53 KB, 500x363
>>316577667
I'm going back home for the vacations and only bringing my shitty netbook with me, therefore I'm unable to play since December.

You asked...
>>
File: 1442036908865.png (24 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1442036908865.png
24 KB, 396x400
>>316577667
Haven't played wow since wotlk
>>
>>316577667
Because I unsubscribed and I'm not going to be fooled again.
>>
>>316577667
Haven't played since vanilla because WoW has always been a shit game for people with bad taste.
>>
File: 1444072091393.gif (2 MB, 337x247) Image search: [Google]
1444072091393.gif
2 MB, 337x247
The game doesn't let me marry my Panda waifu to my human self-insert
>>
>>316577667
I never played wow
it seems expensive
>>
WoW community is dead and buried
>>
>>316577667
because I dont know if I should 100 an Orc Warlock or Belf Mage
>>
>>316577667
Because Ia prepurchase isn't a preorder, it's a purchase. Plus I want physical.

>But it's just a box with a CD that just installs a downloader!

1) I want that goddamn box.
2) There are likely going to be extra goodies in the box. For example WoD came with a couple free Hearthstone packs and a 20% off coupon for the Blizzard Gear (physical merch) store.
>>
only normies play WoW now
>>
legion is more than 6 months away and i have no need for a level 100 boost

oh and the game is shit atm
>>
>>316578571
This. If I was that desperate for a messy online RPG with a cancerous community, I'd just play Runescape.
>>
>>316578697

you are pathetic
>>
File: 1437134617381.png (11 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1437134617381.png
11 KB, 500x500
Because as long as blizzard thinks it's okay to not give a shit about the pvp community they can suck so much dick.
>>
because i have all classes at 100 besides a pala on 85
it will be shit
>in developent since wod was in developent
>only 2 raids for release , most likely time gated so you waste more months
>all blizzard does is lie
>anything interesting shit from the beta will be removed ,
>anything that looks fun will be gutted
>all feedback will be ignored
>no flying to waste more time runing around
>garrisons again
>models look worse than vanilla models at release
>>
>>316578787
Not as pathetic as paying full price today for what will surely be an expansion full of cut content and broken promises 8+ months from now. Let me reiterate: a prepurchase is not a preorder. You already paid. You can't cancel.
>>
File: ItdccCQ.jpg (46 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ItdccCQ.jpg
46 KB, 600x337
>>316577667
Oh don't you worry op I will be getting it, and that boost will go straight to a DK just to piss people off.
>>
>>316579107
Mine is going to a Demon Hunter.
>>
>>316579107
>not already having a 100 DK
>>
>>316579105
>You can't cancel.
Not trying to justify/defend prepurchases with this, but you can get a full refund and they'll lock your boosted character until you buy it again. At least that's how it worked with WoD.
>>
>>316579319
I already have two 100's, I'm a lazy fuck.
>>
>>316577667
Shit game
>>
>>316577667
>Free
>>
>>316579320
>prepurchase
>boost demon hunter
>refund
would work? , sure its locked but at least its there collecting rested exp
>>
Stopped playing during cata because it sucked

tried panda and it was worse

Skipped the last one
>>
When is it released?
>>
>>316579407
>start of wod
>only have one max level character
>few months later I have 5
>quit
Leveling was the only good thing about that expansion
>>
File: stragat.jpg (105 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
stragat.jpg
105 KB, 846x846
I unsubscribed after Hour of shitlight and haven't touched this garbage since. People who can't "break away" are morons.

>people unironically still support this garbage after WoD
You are an abused wife.
>i-it'll be different this time, y-you'll see
I honestly pity you.
>>
>>316579469
You can't create a Demon Hunter yet and they start at 100 anyway
>>
File: 1417441830986.jpg (32 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1417441830986.jpg
32 KB, 500x412
>>316579625
fuck no, draenor is a huge fucking slog the 2nd time through and gets worse, not to mention the mere though of doing all that garrison shit again just sucks away any ounce of fun you could possibly have.
>>
>>316579747
oh . then the bullshit of "you get to play a demon hunter before legion hits!" its a lie?
Well that was fast
>>
WoTLK was literally the best thing this game ever achieved. BC is highly overrated by nostalgia fags.
>>
http://youtu.be/7viTYElMr98

>tfw you will never find a balding titcow to cosplay ur favorite game she holds no interest in whatsoever.
>>
>>316579864
It isn't a lie, they specifically said you could play a Demon Hunter starting 1 week before the release of Legion.
>>
>>316578697
>WoD came with a couple free Hearthstone packs and a 20% off coupon for the Blizzard Gear (physical merch) store.

top fucking kek senpai

just kill yourself
>>
>>316579978
Wait, what the fuck?
>>
>>316579929
>shit naxx rehash
>vehicle raid! so much best raid ever!
>that raid doesn't exists actually . enjoy dailys for 3 years to get everything
>most bosses are shit
>LFD cancer
sure wotlk is such a great exp , best ever!
>>
>still playing WoW when there's going to be a 4th consecutive year with no content before the next expansion

Why are you even doing this to yourself? What is there even to do other than log into your garrison, queue up a bunch of follower missions then log off?
>>
>>316579978
they said with the preorder of legion you could play demon hunter before legion hits
so its exactly 1 week? nice fucking joke , then its worthless
>>
>>316577667
Because WoW has been shit since BC
>>
>>316577667
There's just really nothing that sounds interesting about it or addresses the accumulated problems.
>>
File: transvestites_05.jpg (152 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
transvestites_05.jpg
152 KB, 576x1024
What the fuck is wrong with you? why do you assume the next expansion is going to be some magical 180 by blizzard? latest content patch on live wow is coming soon and the main feature is scaling up old dungeons you did hundreds of times when current.

Why the fuck would they leave wow in such a miserable state with vanilla wow numbers if they CARE?

You have to be some real fucking mentally handicapped american to believe that everything will be better next expansion whilst they are killing wow as we speak. We are down to fucking PRE BC NUMBERS and its still one year to go.

seriously kill yourself you fucking retard
>>
>>316577667
heirlooms.
>>
>>316580036
better than literally fucking nothing, retard
>>
>>316577667
Because the class changes aren't in yet and the game isn't worth touching until then.
>>
Ability pruning 2.0 aka Legion removed/casualized abilities list. Will add more as new class previews come out. Blizzard quotes and spell descriptions in green.
DK
>-Death Knight runes restricted gameplay, so there are now 6 runes, one type, don't worry about what types are off cooldown anymore.
-Shadow Infusion mechanic replaced with a generic 1 minute cooldown on Dark Transformation.

Druid
-Heart of the Wild and every other hybrid utility removed.
-Moonkin eclipse mechanic is gone, replaced with a generic generator/spender mechanic.
>The moving back and forth on the bar is going away, replaced with abilities that build and spend a resource with different strengths and weaknesses.

Hunter
>-Mastery: Sniper Training
>Critical strike damage and range of all shots is increased by 12.5% (with Mastery from typical gear).
Because having an interesting mastery was too hard, a simple passive is so much easier to understand for casuals.
>-Most Marksmanship hunters are taking the Lone Wolf talent on live, so the team decided to go ahead and remove the pet in Legion.
>-Is the frenzy / focus fire (and go for the throat/invigoration) dynamic gone for Beast Mastery as well?
>Yes. Didnt like how it felt to interact with the pet in this arbitrary fashion.
>>
Mage
>-Combustion
>10% Mana, Instant, 2 min
>Engulf yourself in flames, increasing your critical strike chance by 100% for 10 sec.
They literally removed the entire mechanic of watching your ignite stacks. Fire rotation is pretty much static know. You know why?
>Another major change is the redesign of Combustion. It’s an incredibly complex skill, hard to understand for most people, and has the potential for either ridiculous success or critical failure, with the odds being extremely random and very hard to gauge much of the time.
-Inferno Blast no longer spreads dots. Every 2 sec, Ignites may spread to another nearby enemy automatically.
-New Arcane mastery: Increases your Mana regeneration rate and maximum Mana by 20% and damage from Arcane Charges by 10% (with Mastery from typical gear).
Because damage tied to mana level was too hard.
-Frostfire Bolt removed.

Monk
>here we focused on getting more depth out of less complexity
-Chi resource removed from Brewmaster and Mistweaver, replaced with generic cooldowns&charges
-Dizzying Haze, Guard, Expel Harm removed (hinted, not 100% certain)
-Entire fistweaving stance and mechanics removed
-Soothing Mist now automatically channels on your last healed target so you can watch TV while healing
-Tiger Palm buff gone
-Rising Sun Kick debuff gone
-Storm, earth and fire now automatically selects a target.
>Someone looks at the skill and doesn't understand how it works and decides they will figure it out later. This is bad because it is important to doing good damage as a Windwalker.
>The new Storm, Earth, and Fire is being simplified and made more intuitive. It will be a simple toggle, somewhat similar to Blade Flurry.

Paladin
-Holy Power mechanic removed from Holy and Prot, HP consumers now have cooldowns and/or charges
-(Protection)Crusader Strike removed
-(Protection)Word of Glory renamed to Light of the Protector and can no longer target other players.
-Hammer of Wrath removed.
>>
Priest
-Chakra mechanic is gone, replaced by two 1 minute cooldowns for big single target and aoe heal.
-Shadow orbs mechanic removed
-Shadow gets Voidform instead, a cooldown where your dot durations are refreshed while you 1-1-2-1-1-2 spam Mind Flay and Mind Blast for the entire duration. Truly a modern gameplay experience.

Rogue
>-The team considered getting rid of Killing Spree, but sometimes rough edges are cool. It is now a talent, so you can take it or other AoE talents.
>-Shadow Dance was pretty cool, but it is now a passive. 20% chance to re enter stealth that doesn't break from taking damage. Can figure out what you want to do, new opener, combos, finisher, repeat.
-Honor Among Thieves gone
-Bleeds and poisons are now Assassination only
-Slice and Dice is now Combat only

Shaman
-No confirmed removed abilities so far. Enhancement potentially losing ranged attacks like Shocks and Bolts.

Warrior
-Gladiator Stance gone

Warlock
-Malefic Grasp and Haunt removed
-Affliction baseline dots lowered from 3 to 2, Unstable Affliction is now a cooldown/resource spender
-Demonic Fury and Burning Embers resources removed and replaced with Soul Shards

Tanking in general
>-Active mitigation is still a big part of what you do, but it went in too strong. If you messed up the active mitigation you died, so it mattered too much.
>Active mitigation should be designed to where the expert player can get more out of it but the newer player isn't awful. It is less about managing your resources and more about using the right button at the right time and the magnitude of the effects are going down a little bit. It is still a very large part of what tanks do.
>Resolve is gone.
>>
>>316580239
I'd gladly take that literally fucking nothing

I bet you watch people play hearthstone like an autist you are
>>
>>316580306
i enjoyed DK rotation when it wasn't based on watching the fucking runes coldown
but then its not my main because they nerfed/removed unholy tanking with ulduar patch and dropped it there
>>
>>316580427
>-Shadow gets Voidform instead, a cooldown where your dot durations are refreshed while you 1-1-2-1-1-2 spam Mind Flay and Mind Blast for the entire duration. Truly a modern gameplay experience.

Better to go back to what fucking worked than constantly try to turn it into something different and fail.
>>
>>316580659
>Better to go back to what fucking worked than constantly try to turn it into something different and fail.

my sex life summed up
>>
>>316580659
Pretty much. Instead of changing shit like rotations they should focus on designing more diverse challenges.
>>
Because they are removing the only fun spec in the game; gladiator warriors.
>>
>>316580427
>-Gladiator Stance gone
Wait, what.
>>
because i don't have stockholm fucking syndrome for this absolute shitpile of a game unlike all the mongs still paying blizzard to ream them up

>inb4 whats the matter good raids 2hardcore5u
>>
>fistweaving failed because they didn't tweak it enough to make it work
>"Oh well, scrap it. No one liked it anyway"

How does a developer get so disconnected from its player base? It's not like they aren't hearing that shit every day. They just stopped listening.
>>
>>316580831
They couldn't be bothered to balance it.
>>
It took me a while to realize this image isn't from a phone game.
>>
>>316580931
But Gladiator Stance was the only new thing in WoD for Warriors. They can't just fucking remove it.
>>
>people still give money to blizzard
>>
>>316580927
>make lone wolf blatantly overpowered to the point of not taking it is a massive dps loss
>Most Marksmanship hunters are taking the Lone Wolf talent on live, so the team decided to go ahead and remove the pet in Legion.
>>
>>316580427
>removing shocks and bolts from shamans

>first they remove the ability to successfully use 2handers from Vanilla/TBC
>then they remove fucking totems and change them into long cd shit casts
>automatically have weapon enhancements on at all times and lose their visual effects
>now they want to remove shocks and bolts

Holy fuck, glad I quit this shit years ago, fuck these devs.
>>
>>316580931
>lets remove something because of pvp faggots
fuck blizzard i dont even enjoy my warrior
>>
With the way they are fucking up entirely with Warrior, I'm waiting on more info before I decide on what my new main will be, so have no reason to use a boost yet.
>>
File: Sf (1).png (141 KB, 379x382) Image search: [Google]
Sf (1).png
141 KB, 379x382
>>316579625
Heh I would highly call the leveling "good" the Garrison was something I really hated doing.
>>
>>316581053
You forgot something.

>Only reason to PVP with a shaman is bloodlust and wind fury totem
>Removes totems entirely and bloodlust in arena

It's like they just hate anything that isn't a warlock
>>
because i play on a wotlk private server and am 99% sure that legion will suck.

for me to even consider buying legion, it's not enough to be a good expac. it would have to be so extraordinarily amazing that its sheer quality single-handedly makes up for the heap of garbage that blizzard has turned the game into over the last few years.

and we all know that they won't turn 180 on themselves and undo all the shit they created since wotlk.

>dungeon finder
>shitty cataclysm zones in azeroth instead of comfy vanilla zones
>raid finder
>pandas
>garrisons

yeah, i'll stick to the versions of the game that don't have all that garbage.
>>
>>316580360
To be fair, the issue with fire mage wasnt that it was to complicated. It was that it was gear dependent to the point of being useless for large periods of time every expansion. The change was horribly needed.

Storm Earth and Fire was also always a very clunky mechanic and needed changing.

I know I sound like a shill saying it, but it seems the direction of legion is going to be picking how you play via talents. A lot of the depth is apparently supposed to come from this new talent revamp. I doubt it personally, but who knows.
>>
>>316581351
The vanilla questing was a hassle. Luckily, I played EQ so I love that shit.
>>
>>316581351
The new dungeon system doesnt work with dungeon finder, in legion.

>raid finder
>pandas
Oh, you're just a faggot who's afraid of change.
>>
>>316577667
>implying any sane selfrespecting gamer is interested in this shit
>>
>>316581429
>It was that it was gear dependent to the point of being useless for large periods of time every expansion
They already had a solution for that. Two versions of hot streak/pyroblast!, one of them scaled with crit, the other one scaled inversely with crit.
>>
File: stockinghead.jpg (21 KB, 320x427) Image search: [Google]
stockinghead.jpg
21 KB, 320x427
>>316577667
I got nothing.
>>
>>316579968
>Deathtits the Fellator
>>
>>316577667
Because it belongs in the trash.
>>
His long has world PvP been dead now?
>>
>>316577667

i just liked levelling different characters from 1-10 then fuck it
>>
>>316581946
9 years
>>
>>316580127
It's to give you a chance to play around with it and see if you like it before legion actually drops, so you can decide what you want to level
>>
>>316581946
world pvp has never been a thing to begin with
>>
>>316581547
>you're just a faggot who's afraid of change
yeah, casualizing the fuck out of the entire game and adding shitty furry pandering meme races sure was a change for the better :^)

subscriber numbers pretty accurately reflect the decline of the game
>>
>>316581946
since battlegrounds were added
do the math
>>
>>316580306
>so the team decided to go ahead and remove the pet in Legion.
...are you fucking kidding me?
>>
I wish I could have a second life in which I spent all my days playing WOW. I don't know how it's been for the last couple of years but I replayed a bit on a wotlk private server and this shit is just great.

I don't want to be that guy who spent his life playing one game for 1/3 of his living hours at the end of his life though.
>>
>>316582368
Only for Marksmanship Hunters. There is a talent for that spec that can summon an undead pet.
All other specs have pets.
>>
>>316581547
>raid finder
>acceptable after cata

It's been a joke ever since MoP. I'ts not even ''tourist mode'' anymore with all the stuff they removed.
>>
>>316577667

>played the game from vanilla through WOTLK
>leveled all classes to 80
>memorized all quest chains/best places to level
>Cata
>all the zones are different
>all the spells are different
>unsubscribe

Occasionally, I'll get the itch to play again. Then I see all the gameplay and mechanics I was familiar with gone and replaced with what they call an "improvement", and I can't find it in myself to want to learn all this shit all over again.

Sorry Blizzard, you shot yourself in the foot.
>>
>>316579978
At least one week. Said itll be wjenever they finish the class. Chances are you'll get them late spring or early summer if they really start hurting for subs
>>
>>316577667
I wait for Camelot Unchained, a game that doesn't have sellout fucks behind it
>>
>>316582473
>get asked about LFR
>its there to see the lore
>force people to play mythic if you want to see the lore
not like i give a fuck about the lore but still they are fucking idiots
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_070815_175819.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_070815_175819.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1018
I don't trust them after Warlords
>>
>>316582368
They can get wc3 black arrow now though
>>
>2015
>Wow
>>
>>316582083

>world pvp

i never got the idea of this, i don't pvp myself, but isn't that shit just improvised by guilds? or do you want servers to schedule wars or something?
>>
>>316577667
give me one good reason why japanese people have to read backwards? Why should I have to guess every time I read hentai if they americanized it or not?
>>
>>316582817
Me? I don't want any of that. It's always just been a bullshit desire. "World pvp" is just a few cocks bang-slapping some unaware faggot or killing newbies. Battlegrounds were literally created to give the balanced back-and-forth experience that "world pvp" fags wanted.
>>
>>316577667
Because Demon Hunters are elf-only.
>>
>>316577667

Blizzard have tricked me too many times
>>
File: user158487_pic92745_1418468769.jpg (90 KB, 474x320) Image search: [Google]
user158487_pic92745_1418468769.jpg
90 KB, 474x320
>>316583008
>>
>>316582954
>never did tarren mill vs southsore
>neither meeting the enemy faction in mc/onyixia entrance and killing them all
i'm sorry you got ganked . poor kid
>>
Maybe rogues will be interesting in legion, been a couple of expansions since they felt different.
>>
File: Ihazard_Legion.jpg (598 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ihazard_Legion.jpg
598 KB, 1366x768
>Paying more for less
>>
>>316578571
>expensive
>the equivalent of a movie ticket a month

Now, WoW is shit, don't get me wrong, but it's anything but expensive.
>>
>>316577667
The dev team is the same as WoD, it's going to be a shitshow. Lemme know when the guy who came up with Garrisons gets fired, at least.
>>
>>316587559
Pretty sure legion is a separate thing, seeing as apparently they've been working on it for all of WoD's life cycle
>>
>started to lose interest in MoP
>kept saying I was going to buy WoD
>still haven't

I dunno man. It's lost it's charm for me.

Still sorta looking for an MMO to replace it. Not sure what though. Wife is trying to get me to play Perfect World since she has played it for a long ass time. Just can't get into it.
>>
>>316577667
>preorder
I don't buy games that don't exist yet.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.