[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The binding of Isaac Afterbirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: 1446999163589.jpg (149 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
1446999163589.jpg
149 KB, 1280x721
Literally everything in this DLC is bad.

>number of new synergies is tiny
>shitton of useless meme items
>angel rooms still horrible
>all fun has been nerfed
>alternative rooms are ugly
>new boss is just a bullet sponge
>challenges are largely unfair
>new character is useless
>greed mode is now no fun allowed
>wasnt even finished when it release
>releases items in patches after release
>le epic 109 meme

this is fucking hilarious. I paid money for that
>>
>>316525069
That's just not true
>>
>>316525069
>new boss is just a bullet sponge
Now that's just not true

That's just the damage cap they put on him :^)
>>
you forgot
>obstacles in treasure rooms
>>
File: 1366339443253.gif (966 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1366339443253.gif
966 KB, 247x248
>>316525069
I think the problem I have with the DLC is as follows:
The new bosses should NOT ever have damage caps placed on them. It's a stupid fucking design that pretty much says "yeah it's nice you got lucky to get a shitton of damage but you'll be as powerful as someone who didn't collect shit". It's backwards to the games entire concept which is COLLECT STUFF GET STRONG.
The new character just feels annoying to play. I guess some people have fun with it but for me it's just another tedious task to go through.

Apparently Challenges ALSO have to be the most tedious bullshit to do because most of them are stupid af and just take forever to do. The one I'm mentioning specifically is the three bobs brain run where you have to wait for bobs brain cooldowns CONSTANTLY. And I'm sure the unlock for the challenge has absolutely nothing to do with that specific run.

Most new enemy concepts are just annoying and unoriginal. Like the flesh heads that drop a skull turret when killed.
>>
File: POX91Xi.jpg (860 KB, 598x7967) Image search: [Google]
POX91Xi.jpg
860 KB, 598x7967
B-but the ARG is fun
>>
File: r key.jpg (1 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
r key.jpg
1 KB, 135x90
>first floor boss is haunt
>first floor sub boss is envy
>>
File: c1Qr1SD.jpg (110 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
c1Qr1SD.jpg
110 KB, 960x1280
>>316526684
The damage cap on the bosses is really bad and should have never been added
I cheated to get damage to 9999 to fight ultra greed just to see and man the idea that it does almost nothing is so bad

but I like Lilith pretty well
>>
>>316526918

I don't understand the difficulty with the haunt, he's really, really easy.

Just follow his movements in front of him so tears trail into him, and turn around before hitting walls so you don't get yourself caught by the occasional pukeblast.

He doesn't even have much health either.
>>
>>316527217

He's tedious and annoying.

Why the fuck does everyone on /v/ assume someone means difficulty when talking about this game?

He's fucking awful to fight.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>316526918
>first floor boss is haunt
>in a small room boss room
>>
>>316527217
Agreed.
My annoyance has always been the cage
Especially if you've ever had a dual boss version.
Just mcfucking kill me.
>>
>shitton of useless meme items
quality post
>new character is useless
not with that starting item it isn't
>challenges are largely unfair
only guardian and speeeeeeed are bullshit. XXXXXL is boring but easy.
>greed mode is now no fun allowed
it's still fun, getting overpowered by abusing IV bag for a long time gets old anon
>>
>>316527357
It depends on the run for me. Like if I'm on judas, he's ez/10. On the otherhand if I'm playing the lost...
>>
File: 1386623160073.jpg (16 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
1386623160073.jpg
16 KB, 316x208
>doing the Guardian challenge
>red mom fight

What the fuck you're just destined to lose on it.
>>
>>316527357

He's one of the fastest fucking bosses to beat in the game. He's not a chore, he isn't difficult. I'd rather have him than Monstro or fucking Rag Man
>>
>>316527840
>doing the guardian challenge
>MOST BOSSES
Also my little buddy was a fucking retard and ran straight into spikes and I instant died from 3 health. I dunno if that was a bug or what but man was I salty.
>>
>>316527980
For some reason, the scapegoat's invincibility time doesn't work right on spikes, so you get faster damage and a very long invincibility period when it gets off.
>>
>>316527217
The problem is that the game starts off really boring and tedious. The only reason people play it is to find the items and get further in the game, get some achievements etc.
The longer the game gets delayed on the first floors the less fun you are going to have.
Quite frankly you should start the game in an item room and the first boss should be just a token enemy you can blast trough in a minute. No one wants to play the same early game content over and over every single time they play the game.
>>
File: you fucking what.png (20 KB, 565x566) Image search: [Google]
you fucking what.png
20 KB, 565x566
Noticed an update for it on my Steam client

What did they do now?
>>
>>316528348
They broke the game apparently
>>
>>316528348
Greed Mode is broken, playing it causes the game to crash.

They fixed a ton of other shit though.
>>
>>316528348

I can't enter the blue womb. Thats all I've really noticed so far.

Actually, now that I think about it, double-lock doors and double-blast doors seem to be more frequent. I got a fuckton on my latest run.
>>
>Nerfing things in a single player game
I like most of the new content when it works, and there are certain nerfs I understand, but why did Edmund just go into full "These fun things are too powerful and need to be less fun"?
Whose experience was being tarnished by Azazel being easy? I liked using him to play a run where I don't have to try particularly hard.
Did they un-nerf him I haven't played him in a while
>>
>>316529193
Edmund claimed the patch that nerfed him was done incorrectly. I don't really understand how else he was supposed to be nerfed with regard to damage though.
Nerfs on this game are pretty ridiculous, there's not really a balance fix to it. It's more of "oh everyone gets dark bum every run so lets make that stop". And then they hit it so hard no one wants to touch it.
>>
>>316525069
Actually greed mode is pretty fun, after I stopped trying with nerfed azazel

I got counterfeit penny + swallowed penny with the more trinket room item and had fun breaking it

I missed the iv bag break but you still can break it
Also wooden penny's cool
>>
>>316529509
he said either drop damage OR increase charge time
They read the or as AND
>>
is azazel fixed?
>>
Stopped reading. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1420599171090.jpg (53 KB, 514x343) Image search: [Google]
1420599171090.jpg
53 KB, 514x343
>>316526797
>ARG only a few people are playing to unlock content that everyone else has to wait for
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.