[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
Of course, with classic gameplay combined with a few things of the modern games
What else?
Putting sandbox elements? (In MGS it worked) More exploration, with a map. maybe?
>>
>Putting sandbox elements? (In MGS it worked) More exploration, with a map. maybe?

:^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>316514946
>:^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
:^^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):^^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):^^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>In MGS it worked
I would take 10 packed hours of sneaking past enemies than 60 of running from place A to B and do same objectives all over again any day

And Blacklist was good, so make game that's more like last level of Blacklist
>>
Blacklist was a decent step in the right direction, but anything would be an improvement after conviction. They still need to get rid of the binary stealth and time to be discovered whenever you're in an enemy's vision, plus catering to action fags letting you shoot your way through everything.
>>
Bring back Micheal Ironside.
>>
>>316514483
>combined with a few things of the modern games

Leave this part out and the fanchise is saved.
Take CT's gameplay and focus on the damn level design and enemy placement/AI.
Little details matter a whole lot in games where you are moving at a snails pace, this is what the modern SC titles did not get. Guard conversation's/interrogations, hidden secrets, alternative routes which are not obvious etc.
Keep the UI at minimum, NO objective indicators, NO vision cone indicators, NO Alarm cooldowns.
Your weapon should be the LAST resort not the default way to play, in an ideal scenario you wouldn't even have to fire a single shot.
Bring back ghosting in its original sense meaning no traces, no contact with guards, as if you were never there.
>>
>>316514483
you cannot fix any of the tom Clancy franchises, they were made for a different time
>>
>>316517605
It's just like the classic ones... It's a shame it wouldnt sell... Normies just want to shoot people
>>
File: 1412521221864.jpg (100 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1412521221864.jpg
100 KB, 1024x768
>>316514483
>sandbox
I don't want to see that at all.
I wouldn't mind an XCom style setup. Have a hub area that you must manage and use to gain intel for missions. Missions will be randomly generated areas and objectives (groups will contact your organisation for spy work) about the size of chaos theory's (xbox version ) missions. Story missions will be pre designed areas that are much larger than regular missions with more involved objectives.

Multiplayer modes will involve standard deathmatch, co-op missions, and competitive missions.

This could all turn in to a shit game pretty easily without a good developer and competent people working on it. Developing a random mission generator that is capable of putting together challenging missions with a wide variety of objectives would be the hardest thing.
>>
>>316517605
I think you can make a game that has the classic ghost style from earlier titles while still using the jason bourne action of the newer ones.
First I would design levels to allow for both styles of gameplay and no forced shoot outs. Next create at least three playable agents (retire Sam, make him the overlord) with different skills and loadouts. Those that want to play ghost style will choose the ghost agent, those that want to play merc style will choose the merc agent and those that want to Jason Bourne will choose Jason Bourne.
>>
>>316514483
Bring back Ironside, make Fisher Fisher again, make him a new character's mentor/boss.

More importantly, fix Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. At least Blacklist was okay.

With terrorism rising, Ubisoft should put RSE on making a classic, hardcore RS game. It would be the best thing they've done in a while, and have the advantage of topicality.
>>
File: 1441858730519.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1181) Image search: [Google]
1441858730519.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1181
>>316520846
>fix Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon
The advanced warfighter games on PC were pretty well done, completely different from the console versions because they wanted them to be more tactical and closer to the old games. Imagine that, Ubisoft actually went out of it's way to please hardcore fans and casuals with separate games. That was short lived but I still appreciate it.

If only they would stop raping R6.
>>
File: 1442088577620.png (77 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1442088577620.png
77 KB, 300x188
>>316514483
>(In MGS it worked)
I give you a nine outta ten.
>>
>>316514483
>Putting sandbox elements?
Fuck no, one of SC's strengths was always its level design. Sandbox is a terrible idea.
>>
>>316514483
>Of course, with classic gameplay combined with a few things of the modern games
You mean like what they tried to do with Blacklist? Fuck you.
Also Blacklist had disappointing sales according to jewbisoft, so we'll never see the franchise ever again. Which is a good thing, because as different as conviction and blacklist were, the series never got a bad game.
I'd much rather never play a new Splinter Cell than see it turned into Assassin's Creed.
>>
Just release Chaos Theory but with new levels
>>
>>316522068
>the series never got a bad game.
Conviction was really bad. It failed as an action game and a splinter cell game.
>>
Who wins?
>>
>>316522276
>Conviction was really bad.
It was pretty great, actually. It wasn't splinter cell at all but it had really good predator mechanics and the story was sort of alright. Plus it still had Ironside doing the voice.
>>
>>316522581
Sam Fisher because Snake is dead.
>>
>>316522708
Level design, enemy AI, combat and everything were just bad. It was a terrible game.
>>
>>316522821
>Level design, enemy AI, combat and everything were just bad.
Absolutely not, but let's keep making sweeping statements to pretend we played it.
>>
>>316522792
That reminds me, Fisher is pretty old (over 50 or something?) when will they retire him and replace him with a blond twink fuccboi?

Would be nice to play even more futuristic Splinter Cell.
>>
>>316522792
Snake is a better fighter. Fisher is a better spy
>>
>>316516557
Fucking this.
>>
>>316523409
He's about 50, yes, and for some reason he ages backwards in the games physically.
>>
>>316522878
I did play it. The last level was especially linear and terrible as fuck. Keep on pretending like it's good, when it was so bad even casuals didn't want to touch it.
>>
literally blacklist 2.
and just get rid of the fucking FPS sections holy shit.
more missions would be ok. I wouldn't mind open world or RPG elements.
>>
>>316523409
he was in his fifties in conviction but in the next game which went on chronologically a few years later he's a thirty year old with gray hair.
>>
>>316522581
draw

they never find each other
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.