[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jailbreaking PS3 OFW 4.76
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: PS3-Jailbreak.jpg (22 KB, 503x289) Image search: [Google]
PS3-Jailbreak.jpg
22 KB, 503x289
Hi guys, just recently got interested in modding my PS3. Its a 4.76 PS3 Slim. Can anyone link me to some good information on jailbreaking it, as well as playing backups and playing online?
>>
You cant
>>
>>316508941
Can't do anything?

Or is it possible to jailbreak still?
>>
>>316509056
Whats the model number?
>>
Use NAND/NOR exploit to restore PS3 to newest hack-able firmware if your model number is old enough and then flash your cfw. Should be simple if you can solder. Otherwise it might cost you a bit.
>>
Model number is CECH-4001B

And alas my soldering skills are lacking at best
>>
Seeing some comments on other sights, I am led to believe that the Super Slim PS3 is unable to downgrade or jailbreak
>>
>>316509769
Seeing OP's post, I am led to believe he has a Slim, not a Super slim. AKA the sexy slim (Best PS3 model)
>>
>>316509637
>Model number is CECH-4001B
All you can do is get an ODE then, no CFW.
>>
>>316509879
No I apologize for the misunderstanding it is a Super Slim with the open hatch on the top.
>>
>>316510008
Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 1440335468015.jpg (144 KB, 346x546) Image search: [Google]
1440335468015.jpg
144 KB, 346x546
>>316510038
then why did you post a pic of a normal slim ƒam
>>
>>316510309
That was because of the word ps3 hacks on it, again, sorry for the misunderstanding ma man
>>
>>316510190
http://www.ps3hax.net/forumdisplay.php?f=169
>>
>>316510190
You gotta buy a thing and install it in your ps3, about as expensive as a hackable ps3, and not as many features.
>>
>>316510846
So yeah I'm definitely thinking I want to invest in a ps3 with older firmware.

I just want to be able to use PSNPatch and play any game I want. Or if PSNPatch is too risky, simply have a ps3 that I can play any game on while offline.

Pretty new to this, although I was interested a few years ago never really took it too far.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.