[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Hey, you. Gal or guy who’s interested in video games but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Time to buy.png (163 KB, 720x622) Image search: [Google]
Time to buy.png
163 KB, 720x622
> Hey, you. Gal or guy who’s interested in video games but still doesn’t have a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Now is the time to buy one.
>In November of 2013, when Sony and Microsoft first launched their video game boxes, it was hard to recommend either of them without throwing in some caveats. Both consoles were impressive, sure, and from a technical standpoint they blew their predecessors out of the water, but they just didn’t have enough games. Back then, if you asked me whether you should buy a “next-gen” console, I’d say sure, as long as you kept in mind you were investing in the video games of the future.
>Two years later, that future has arrived. Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are a little sleeker, a little cheaper, and way easier to justify, whether you live and breathe video games or you’re just curious about the hobby. If you can deal with all the patches, installations, and other tedious bullshit that’s coupled to modern gaming, then consider this an official recommendation: It’s time to buy a current-generation console.

So why don't you own a next gen console yet?
>>
I own all 3 and a PC
>>
can't make more transparent paid article.
>>
>>316506873

What about the WiiU?
>>
>>316506873
I own a PC PS4 Wii U 3DS and Vita
>>
>>316506993

Kotaku actually puts a notice up top if it's a paid article because GG "won"
>>
>2 years
>barely any fucking games outside of multiplats

Sorry anon, this is gotta the worst generation in a long fucking time.
>>
>>316506873

>tfw using Windows XP :)
>>
File: 1447100117124.gif (2 MB, 316x297) Image search: [Google]
1447100117124.gif
2 MB, 316x297
But I have a PC and Wii U

I'm not going to buy into the west's idea of games and consoles, thanks.
>>
>>316506873
So what happened to the Hulkster taking them to the smackdown?
>>
>>316506873
>Now is the time to buy one
Not earlier than E3 2016
>>
>>316506873
>installing and patches are a new thing
>that entire second paragraph

holy shit, how can one person be so wrong?
>>
>>316506995
Nintendo is eternally offset from the console generations
They're always gen and half
The NX will be out by the time we're just learning about the next microsoft and sony consoles
>>
>>316507259
Suing people take years. Gawker will probably crumble on it's own before there is any settlements.
>>
File: 1380163484435.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1380163484435.gif
2 MB, 320x362
>>316506873
what if I own both consoles and a decent PC
>>
By the time most of /v/ has a PS4/X1, the PS5/NextX will start getting teased.
>>
I already have a Wii U, thanks.
>>
>kotaku

fuck off

also

>modern video game console
>no wii u mentioned everywhere

I know it's basically doing its own thing but it really is ridiculous that everyone writes it off as if it doesn't even exist.
>>
>>316507571
Next gen is already being teased.
>>
>>316507259

Anyone saying who will win or lose is an idiot. But it'll take years to work through the courts and years to handle appeals. It's likely there won't be a conclusion to the case for up to another decade.
>>
>Jason Schreier

isn't that the guy that said the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown is a lolicon fantasy?
>>
>>316507698
He said next gen, not last gen
>>
>PC is almost 6 years old, can't run a lot of games at high or even normal settings anymore

>want a new PC, but know fuckall about building them and just want to skip to the part where I can play pretty games

I'm getting close to buying a PS4, if only because I played MGSV on my friend's PS4 and really liked being able to record shit without having to run anything extra or whatever.
>>
>>316507125
Well, that's clearly what they demanded - disclosure. How did they not win if they got exactly what they wanted?
>>
>>316507125
>>316506873
>schrier
>shitaku

fuck off
>>
I bought a PS4 recently.

I looked through Wal-Mart and Gamestop and found literally nothing other than Bloodborne exclusive-wise.

Then I looked on the PStore, and there was even less. Then I saw some really great classics I missed on PS1/2, and found out I have to fucking DIGITALLY RENT them.

Buyers remorse has settled. I really hope the new RnC isn't shit.
>>
But neither of them has any games.
>>
>>316508094
Can't admit GG may have been right and may have won something around here. Didn't you get the memo?
>>
>>316508053
Stick part into same size slot. Put pea-sized thermal paste on CPU (or just use the stock cooler). Done. Lego for adults is not a joke.
>>
Because I own a PC, the endlessly modern console.
>>
>>316508286
It's more about not knowing which parts to buy that worries me, though I hadn't considered the act of actually building one.
>>
File: Palpatine1.jpg (72 KB, 320x262) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine1.jpg
72 KB, 320x262
>>316506873
I'm not interested in funding companies to release overpriced boxes of computer parts with shitty OS. I'd rather fund companies that make good games.
>>
>>316508053
Buy Steam Machine
>>
File: uh huh.png (147 KB, 236x360) Image search: [Google]
uh huh.png
147 KB, 236x360
>mfw ps4 and PC
>>
File: 1426207667001.jpg (28 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1426207667001.jpg
28 KB, 398x398
>>316507713
>Wii U
>modern video game console
>>
In order for me to buy any of the current-gen consoles, they would have to release new content that I'm interested in.

I mostly play RPGs and JRPGs. I'd likely get a PS4, but even that doesn't have enough of the content I'm looking for, yet.

A console used to have hundreds of titles on it, by now. The fact that games are so expensive to develope for modern consoles has made them less appealing to me, as a consumer.

They flew too close to the sun, wanting "ultimate graphics" and online "content", when what I was looking for all along was for them to explore the possibilities of the limitations they had before. I felt like there was a push to present these newer consoles, even at the cost of actual content.
>>
Because neither have games.
>>
>>316509696
>>316509402
This.
>>
>>316508996
not him, but

>Steam machine
none of them have comparable specs to any high end PCs, and SteamOS lacks the library that Windows has
>>
>>316509696
This. Literally no games.
>>
>>316506873
>its time to buy useless shit
>a jew
>>
I own a Wii U because the Wii U has games that PC doesn't have.

PS4 and XBONE lack original games besides Not-Indiana Jones and Halo.
>>
>>316506942
Me too. My job pays well and I like video games so why not?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.