[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So for the girls self inserting into the Xenoblade Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: 90c[1].jpg (122 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
90c[1].jpg
122 KB, 960x540
So for the girls self inserting into the Xenoblade Chronicles X story who have larger or smaller than average breasts, do they not get to have the right to make themselves because it makes a few hamplanets with neon hair upset?

What's the rationale for removing an option for females making their avatars in XCX?
>>
File: australia and vidya.png (92 KB, 1105x681) Image search: [Google]
australia and vidya.png
92 KB, 1105x681
>>316503891
>What's the rationale for removing an option for females making their avatars in XCX?
Bikinis+flat chests=inappropriate
Bikinis+large breasts=higher age restricted ratings

It's because of Australia anon
>>
>>316504131
>Australia's shitposting is so bad it gets videogames censored

We need to find a way to harness it and use it for good instead of evil.
>>
>>316503891

Since when did /v/ give a fuck about women, stop being such a faggot and acting like it's about that and just admit you are a pervert and want to see titties.
>>
>>316504131
Can't you, ummmmmmmmmm, not make it available for Australian audiences?
>>
>>316504272
I'm just mad at a feature getting removed for no reason. It wasn't even replaced with anything. If they removed the ability to give your characters hair pins because it triggers bald people I'd be just as upset.
>>
>>316504131
>We cant let witcher 2 into this country, this shit is incentivizing sex
>Oh but if you take out the incetives for sex we can release this to our 15 year olds right now
Fuckin straya
>>
>>316504468

Yeah, it sucks but does it really matter in the long run? Does it truly affect gameplay?

in b4
>censorship apologist
>>
>>316504552
>Does it truly affect gameplay?
They should remove the character creation from NA version and just have players pick the gender. One male and one female preset.
It wouldn't affect the gameplay :^)
>>
>>316504131
It's nice that more people can play the game but why can't they JUST censor it for Aussie land and give everyone else the goods?
>>
File: yang.jpg (137 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
yang.jpg
137 KB, 960x720
anticipatory obedience, thats why
>>
>>316504468
>I'm just mad at a feature getting removed for no reason.
>no reason
There's a clear reason anon, money.

>>316504376
The math is simple
(expected sales in australia with M rating)-(expected loss of sales from removing boob slider in other countries) > (expected sales in australia with M 15+ rating) + (people whose purchase is contingent on the boob slider)
>>
>>316504376
Only if the amount of sales lost through censorship is greater than the amount of sales generated in Australia. But you're going to buy it anyways, so no.
>>
File: 1225432594981.png (19 KB, 564x388) Image search: [Google]
1225432594981.png
19 KB, 564x388
>>316504693

>hurr durr slippery slope fallacy
>>
>>316503891
was it even confirmed to be removed?
>>
>>316503891
Because if you have a bust slider in, you would also need a waistline slider for the fat people, leg slider for manlets and people that forgot leg day, a penis slider for males, a neck slider for GameStop employees and a nose slider for Jews. Rather than deal with all that crap, they just decided to simply not to.
>>
>>316504837
Your argument is that removing breast slider doesn't affect gameplay.
Removing character creation doesn't affect gameplay either you fucking faggot.
>>
>>316504737
>It's nice that more people can play the game but why can't they JUST censor it for Aussie land and give everyone else the goods?
cost anon, cost
Nintendo must figure the loss of sales because of the changes aren't enough to justify playing for an australian version
And it's not just the cost to cut out the slider, but also you now have a different product you need to produce and ship. It ain't cheap.
>>
>>316504131
Fucking Australia
biggest cunts in the world
>>
>>316504552
>It's bad but it's not that bad.

I agree, it's bad. I don't like it. I would be happier if it didn't happen, or if I'm being really hopeful, they revert the change and don't do it again. Thank you for understanding.
>>
>>316504821
>There's a clear reason anon, money.

Wait, would it seriously not get released in Australia at all if the slider remained? Or is this more Australia shitposting? Why can't they just censor it for Australian release like they do every other game?
>>
The solution is simple really. Give male characters a bulge slider.
>>
File: 1418435297701.png (51 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1418435297701.png
51 KB, 592x492
>>316504131
>australichildren
>>
weebs and pedos being put in their place, what a time to be alive

afk enjoying my murder simulator
>>
>>316503891
Are they really removing that option?I was already on the fence since the fucked with the outfits and names but this is too far.
>>
>>316504887
Yes. Outfits are slightly changed and breast slider is completely removed. Thanks for hating tits, America.
>>
>>316503891
By censoring out the option to select breast size NoA is implicitly stating that certain body shapes/sizes are "wrong".

As a feminist, this completely pisses me off. As a small breasted woman who LOVES custom character creators in other games that allow me to make... well me, this completely pisses me off.

I will be contacting Nintendo on both Twitter and email regarding this matter
>>
>>316505131
I'd be perfectly fine with this. Who wouldn't want to romp around saving the world with Skinny McHugeDick?
>>
>>316505127
It's not about Australia banning the game, it's about the rating.
Right now they have an M. Potato in a bikini would get banned probably. I don't think people are really outraged at that change.
The boob slider means you can make a short and flat chested girl. This is close enough to the Lin situation that it needs to be changed. There's also the possibility the issue with with the biggest tits in a string bikini being too lewd for the M rating, which doesn't require a parent present to buy like the M 15+ does.

A similar example is making your R rated movie in the US PG-13 to expand the audience.
>>
>>316505657
I know you're baiting but please actually do it. This is legitimately shitty for both tumblr feminists who want diverse body types and sex starved weebs who just want to make Large Mc.Hugetits and watch her bounce around. It's such a crazy stupid decision by NoA.
>>
>>316505843
shut the fuck up
you have no idea what gives a game a t rating
>>
>>316505893
I'm not even baiting anon. Not all /v/irgins are misogynist neck beards.
>>
>>316505843
Simple, just make it so that if you make a short and flat chested MC in Australia, Nintendo detects it online and shuts down your game, presumably calling the cops in the process. Like that guy that ordered a short real doll with no hair and got arrested for thought crimes.
>>
File: dragon's dogma vs xenoblade.png (45 KB, 969x496) Image search: [Google]
dragon's dogma vs xenoblade.png
45 KB, 969x496
>>316505963
australia doesn't have a t rating asshole

let's take a look at another game with short, flat chested females in bikinis

oh look at that, an M 15+ rating
>>
>>316504837
No, fuck off.
There was no reasons to remove the breast slider.
>>
>>316503891
Where can I tell Nintendo to revert it?
>>
>>316506921
Send them a letter. Like a physical letter. Letters are worth 10000000 emails and online forms. Letters take an (albeit) small financial investment and show you mean business, especially when worded professionally.
>>
>>316507140
Which Nintendo do I send it to? Do I handwrite them or just show like you said, meaning business.
>>
>>316506430
Wait so it's not because Australia that the slider got pulled? What's the deal then?
>>
>>316508602
taking out the slider takes away your ability to make lolis
dragon's dogma is full of them in the form of player created NPC party members you send to other anons
>>
>>316504837
It's not a fallacy if the logic still works.
>>
Fuck Australia.

Petition when?
>>
>>316507658
Nintendo of America did the censoring, send it to them. Find a post address on the website somewhere.
>>
>>316507658
NOA.
Only if your handwriting is actually good and readable. Handwriting also gets the commitment boost. Otherwise typing is fine.

Other things to include: Total money lost from their decisions. This includes everything you are not going to buy now because of NOA's bad decisions. One game is a drop in the pond but once you quantify their loses with a net value then it will start to have more of an impact. Things like a New 3DS ($200), a Nintendo NX (no price currently, assume $300-$350), Xenoblade ($60), FE Fates Bundle ($80), Fatal Frame ($60), and any other games you might have been looking forward to. Hell you don't even have to want them, just list games you could potentially buy but won't now.
The bigger the number is, the more they can see how much it's hurting them. Sure, one person could safely be ignored, but even 10 people telling them they are out $800-$1000 makes the situation look that much worse to them.
>>
>>316503891
Jesus Christ it's real.
Censoring the potato is one thing, but this is completely retarded.
I will definitely not be buying this game now, which is disappointing. Now if only the club Nintendo replacement has a way of telling them why I'm not buying it.
>>
>>316508818
...So make it so you can't make a character short/hip-less enough for them to look like they're 6 years old? It's not hard.
>>
/v/ calls me an SJW a lot, just to let you know I'm not typically the type to get mad about this. This is just fucking retarded though, it's literally just being ashamed and embarrassed of women having boobs
>>
>>316509458
Thing is I think even SJWs are getting mad at this because "muh diverse bodyshapes". It's just a pants on head retarded decision.
>>
>>316509212
>>316509250
Thanks anons. Will keep it in mind. I have a pretty nice and readable handwriting. I tend to prefer writing letters if they get to be printed anyway.

If anything else should be on it, please tell.
>>
>implying girls play video games

Trannies don't count.
>>
>>316509350
So cut the height slider? Brilliant!
I said lolis but remember how Lin is censored? You can't have someone her height have no tits, apparently. It's too close to cp down under.
Cut the tits slider or the height slider, which are you really gonna do?
There are ways to work it out I guess, but at the end of the day what is the easiest (least manhours/cheapest) way to handle this situation?

Is it what I want? No of course not. All I'm doing is explaining why it's happening. I don't support it, this isn't a defense, I'm just trying to explain the issue with something more thought out than "IT'S TUMBLR AGAIN!"
>>
>>316509801
Just remain professional and sincere and you can put anything you want on it.
>>
>>316509458
Thats the thing, it isn't just about dudes who want fanservice. Women are getting the short end of the stick here. What if you were a girl and wanted to make a character that resembled you? Or wanted to make an exaggerated version of you? Well now you can't since the game now assigns one boob size, its like saying different sized tits are wrong and you should be ashamed for having them.
>>
>>316504468

>for no reason

Nigga you need to be real the moment American reviewers saw there was a breast slider they would've been all "Misogyny!!!!!!" and give it 1/10 just on that alone. Then no one would buy it because reviewers said it was shit. Now the only people that aren't going to buy it are a bunch of child molesters that are also crying because they can't dress a 13 y/o potato in the most lewd garments they can find.
>>
Will it still let me make shotas?
>>
>>316503891
That's the last fucking straw.

Boycotting nintendo until current treehouse staff gets fired.
>>
>>316508602
>What's the deal then?
Hurt feelings on the localisation team.
>>
>>316510871
Not just that. To be even more correct: you should be ashamed of not having this ideal size. It's quite insulting imo. Back in the days it simply wasnt possible but now it literally gets censored like pixel sex, whatever that is.

Not everyone likes big boobies, small boobies or average boobies. They're not restricted to a certain type of women. You can be adult looking and flat and you can be young looking and have huge ones. But this, this sets a standard. A standard all women should be going for. Not like it will matter a lot since its a videogame, but the more there comes, the more it will pressure women to meet the standard. Big boobs in games are fine, so are flat ones since it's a design choice by the developers...but making your own character, why is this choice taken away when you are "developing" your own character?
>>
The solution is simple. Pull out of Australia.

Fuck 'em.
>>
>>316511009
To be fair, The Sims 4 has both tits and ass sliders, and the game didn't offend any SJWs/reviewers as far as I'm aware.

But then again, if the Sims 4 of all games had it, then fuck if I know why this game absolutely had to remove it.
>>
FUCK THIS BOOB SLIDER SHIT, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION

CAN I MAKE REYN.
>>
>>316511941
No.

It won't be Reyn time.
>>
>>316511941
No but you can make Shulk and Dandy.
>>
>>316512090
As in Space Dandy?
>>
File: 1403564624302.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1448) Image search: [Google]
1403564624302.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1448
>>316503891
Lol if you think feminism is about equality or helping women anymore.

Tumblr has turned modern feminism into shaming more attractive women and punishing heterosexual men for liking attractive women.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446515560357.jpg (22 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446515560357.jpg
22 KB, 620x350
>>316504552
Fuck this gameplay meme. YES, it affects gameplay. Character creation is FUCKING GAMEPLAY. You are PLAYING the game when you are making your character.

So YES. Removing the breast slider is removing one less thing you can do in the game, ie GAMEPLAY.
>>
>>316512343
>>>/pol/
maybe
>>>/his/
you forgot to talk about video games in your post and appear to be making some kind of political or philosophical statement
>>
Wait, so Australia isn't getting this game because of a boob slider? What the hell is wrong with my country?
>>
>>316504131
Why would Australia be against boob sliders if they let the Sims pass? How does it make any sense?
>>
>>316503891

It's a shame its stacking up to be more stuff. I'm still going to buy the game but if anything more gets announced as changed I may actually cancel my pre-order
>>
>>316504131
>banned
>banned
>banned
>banned
I am almost surprised Australia haven't attempted to copy China, in setting up a gigantic firewall preventing Australians from accessing foreign, unapproved websites.
>>
>>316513795
I was worried about the sexy outfits you get later in the game but apparently we're still getting them for everyone else so I don't see what other major bullshit they can change.

Though I guess the potato doesn't get the late game sexy outfits either.
>>
>>316513194
Wow so did you! Great job replying friend, maybe you should remember tangential discussion are allowed and the post you replied to was a direct reply to the OP.

I'm glad to see a new browser of 4chan, don't give up yet!
>>
>>316514013

Yeah, I think those heavily opposed to the censorship should actually write Ninty or spam them on facebook and not just cry here about it. It's a tired topic here, we all know

Again it's a shame, and it's not effecting my purchase as of yet but its still pretty lame. Maybe we'll see a patch some day
>>
>>316504552
Not really but it still stupid. There's not really a reason cited for the change either. Old lin outfit and breast slider wouldn't suddenly make this an A rating.
>>
File: 1316633867084.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1316633867084.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>316503891
BUT I WANT SMALLER

IS THAT OO MUCH TO ASK
>>
>>316514353
>smaller

WHOA CHECK OUT THE L I T E R A L PEDOPHILE HERE FOLKS. WANTING SMALLER THE A C CUP? GONNA GO EAT FRESH TONIGHT JARED??? FUCKING D I S G U S T I N G
>>
>>316509250
I have a few envelopes and stamps laying around, I can cooperate, but I have to write slow or otherwise my handwriting gets unreadable.

Can someone find the mailing address while I write something up?
>>
File: 1439077848856.png (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439077848856.png
51 KB, 512x512
>Nintendo will never make a home console ever again

Thank you Jesus.
>>
>>316513661
Does the Sims let you sexualize your lolis without mods?
>>
They removed the ability to change breast size because they don't want people creating loli characters.
>>
>>316514069
>lol must be new here
fuck off with your pseudo superiority faggot

OP was talking about a specific topic with the game and you launch in with your personal evaluation of feminism.
>>
>>316515859
No, but does the japanese version of this game even let you create small underaged flat lolis? I've been constantly hearing that you couldn't even.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.