[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like the only person on /v/ who doesn't think MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
I feel like the only person on /v/ who doesn't think MGSV was a dissapointment. I found the gameplay to be spectacular along with the graphics, but of course, the story was bland and scarce. I did find that it got repetetive after a while, but after I put it down and came back to it after a few hours, I was having fun again. I did get a bit bored of Afghanistan, but when I reached Africa, I started having fun again (and yes I did reach Africa after having it for a while, but don't blame me, I started playing some PS3 games for a long time and didn't play MGSV for a while until last week). Unfortunately, you're not invading any military super bases in this one. I wish they had brought some survival elements from MGS3 along with more animals and wildlife.
>>
Naw bro, I liked it too. I just almost never post. Not worth the effort. You aren't alone tho.
>>
I also loved it. Yeah the story's unfinished and wish it had more to toy with (Battle Gear for one) but fuck it's fun.

Anyone who shits on it is just a tryhard memester.
>>
>>316496158
>>316496161
Thank fuck. I almost lost faith.
>>
I've put in over 60 hours, and I have now just reached mission... 30 i think. lol, its a fun ass game.
>>
>>316496728
26 hours and not even to africa yet. I just have fun fucking around.
>>
200+ Hours and still playing it, plus the 70ish hours in MGO. I think its really fun to come back to and play in bursts. Especally now that quiet is back and FOB events are really fun.
>>
nope, 10/10 gameplay, i swear
>>
>>316496020
The story is unfinished and I would like it if they ended it.
I still come back every 1 or 2 days to operate for a few hours and get som S rankers.
Waiting for MGO since i'm on PC.

It's just the game controls so good, it's very satisfying.
Everything responds how I would like to, everything from the animations to the sounds, it just works.
If only they added things like convoys and such and a mission editor, I would even reach 500 hours playing this.
>>
MGSV was a fun game for 30 hours or so, then it got repetitive and there wasn't much of a push in terms of story or character. It controlled really well, had the best gameplay mechanics in the series and ran exceptionally well, but everything else felt rushed or phoned in.
>>
File: 2015-10-05_00004.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-05_00004.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
The game was pretty damn good for what it was. However, it's quite lacking in many areas to say the least, and for those reasons I just feel like it could have been so, so much more.
>>
File: 1360810664512.jpg (24 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
1360810664512.jpg
24 KB, 460x307
>all these kojimadrones doing mental gymnastics to dupe themselves into thinking phantom pain was good
Holy shit I've never witnessed anything this absurd before.
>>
Yea it's my favourite game this year, I'm still playing it, and just bought Ground Zeroes 'cause I wanted more. Don't like online at all though, it's terribly unbalanced plus I get disconnected 9 out of 10 games.
>>
>>316498171
I know man, how dare people like something that you don't?
>>
>>316498171
This is clearly a troll, no one on earth can actually be THIS stupid.
>>
>>316496020
it was not
some indie game was launched at the same time so /v/ picked MGSV to shit and praise the indie game that was been shilled in here
>>
File: dude paz lmao.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dude paz lmao.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
game is good, story is not, almost everyone agrees on it.
>>
>>316496020

i loved mgs v the story is meh but the gameplay is fun
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>316498171
well those are amazing arguments to prove then wrong
you sure showed then
>>
File: 1390847919148.png (110 KB, 660x545) Image search: [Google]
1390847919148.png
110 KB, 660x545
It's a good game
It's not a good Metal Gear game
>>
File: 1438962203530.jpg (42 KB, 626x350) Image search: [Google]
1438962203530.jpg
42 KB, 626x350
>>316496020
If MGSV looked bad based on pre release footage I wouldn't have complained.

But Jesus Christ every single trailer and gameplay demo for MGSV looked fucking amazing, Kojima is truly the master of hyping his games up.
>>
File: 1447327865693.jpg (67 KB, 540x723) Image search: [Google]
1447327865693.jpg
67 KB, 540x723
>>316496020
I still really enjoyed the game, but it was disappointing in some aspects, and some things were straight up lied about
>no base will look exactly the same!
>every single base looks exactly the same
>an entirely new area was cut from the game
>the whole open world aspect was pretty much a wash and didn't add a lot
Despite it's flaws I still liked it but it simply didn't live up to the expectations
>>
It was a great game but Chapter 2 was lacking and the abrupt twist ending annoyed me. There was no build up to that mission, but the secret was pretty obvious from the start.
>>
>>316498615
I hate this shitty meme so much.
>>
Does this game run well on PS3? I don't have any other way to play it atm.
>>
>>316499151
it runs better than MGS4 does, which is saying something.
>>
File: concerned khan.png (2 MB, 1000x959) Image search: [Google]
concerned khan.png
2 MB, 1000x959
>>316498728
Especially the whole ''Snake going nuclear and becoming the big bad'' thing got me real angry, because it didn't really happen.
I mean, did Snake really do anything morally-questionable outside of killing people and being a warmongering cunt? Those aren't exactly humanitarian deeds, but when every faction around you is either comprised of war criminals, warmongering shitheads and yadda yadda, it doesn't exactly strike you much anymore. You gotta go a little deeper. The whole niglet scene was a perfect opportunity, and they fucking wasted it.
>>
>>316496020
I also liked the game, although the amount of missed opportunities and cut content (just watch gameplay demos again, there was supposed to be proper animal behaviour and your base was supposed to be alive and make sense) saddens me. It's a shame that the final MGS game turn out like that. Also, I found the base in GZ to be better than anything that TPP throws at you in terms of locations.
>>
>>316499408
Wasn't BB using the medic the whole demon thing?
>>
I liked it and have learned to stop paying attention to /v/'s opinions on video games
>>
>le mgsv was a disappointment with shit gameplay meme

when will summer end
>>
Played for a solid month, dropped it for a few weeks, picked it up again 2 days ago and I'm sucked back in. It's a good game family.
>>
>>316499650
I meant Venom by ''Snake'' in this case, sorry. You do play Venom and not BB in the game after all.
Does Kojeemers have a really wierd hateboner on BB? It looks as if all of his accomplishments happened purely by luck and nothing else, and that he's a complete retard. What with getting defeated by a fucking spray can and lighter, and pretty much the entirety of Virtous Mission.
>>
>>316496020
Everyone bitching about MGSV are just lorefags mad that Kojima didn't make the game like the fanfiction they had in their minds, even though the plots of these games have always been an excuse to have Snake infiltrate enemy bases and destroy giant robots.

>Muh Gray Fox
>Muh loli Naomi Hunter
>Muh loli Sniper Wolf
>Muh Solidus Snake
>Muh Decoy Octopus
>Muh Shoot Gunner
>>
>>316496020
I never played a MGS game before it, so it is definitely game of the year for me so far. I thought Fallout 4 was gonna take the spot, but it's basically just Fallout 3 with updated graphics, and a small update to the animations, and a new story. Still bretty gud though.
>>
Yeah, I forgot to mention the twist ending. Easily the worst part of the game. Everything is great though. 9/10 game IMO. I don't really care about story that much, even though I love the story in the previous Metal Gear games. Hell, I bought a PS4 from a friend for $200 just to play it and I think it was worth it because the PS4 also came with The Witcher 3, so I have 2 GOTY contenders, one of which I got for free.
>>
ITT: 3 faggots convince themselves MGSV is even worth calling MGS
>>
>>316502013
This to be honest
>>
>>316502013
>>316502552
austim speaks
>>
>>316502794
>calling someone autistic
>on /v/
>>
File: hooked.jpg (16 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
hooked.jpg
16 KB, 346x346
>>316500129
Yes, people are only upset about the plot of Metal Gear. Never mind the god awful mission layout that completely ruins the pacing of the game and the completely cut content.

I love Metal Gear but if you choose to ignore the blatant flaws with MGSV you're a full blown Kojimadrone.
>>
>>316503573
The cut content and filler missions I agree with, and it's obvious Konami rushed the game's development prior to release, but they're not brought up as often as the plot.
>>
>>316503573
I hate MGS2 and 4. MGSV is an amazing game. Feel free to keep coming up with invalid excuses to bash this game, people are already overturning the contrarian majority. Compared to Fallout 4, MGSV is a bloody masterpiece
>>
>>316504017
I hate Kekout but you're fucking kidding yourself if you think MGS5 is better than Kekout.
>>
File: 1439739510618.jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
1439739510618.jpg
37 KB, 417x426
>>316504017
>Cut content and poor pacing are invalid reasons

Anon, I still enjoyed MGSV but I can still accept that it has obvious flaws. I must just be a contrarian, right?
>>
>>316496020
Undertale beats this piece of shit in every single aspect
>>
I love the game. I've platinumed it and am now starting a new game.
I just love the PMC sim the games got going. It feels like you're in a real family against the world.

I just consider it seperate from the MGS lore, like it was just Venom Snake's adventures featuring fan service.
>>
>>316502794
dylsexia speaks
>>
>>316496020

gameplay was good, ending was abrupt.

MGSV is like a 10/10 game except toward the end your file gets corrupted.
>>
MGSV is the Man of Steel of /V/ except I've learned not to defend it sooner.. However I will say one thing.

I loved MGSV for what it was. I had wished we got the "Nuclear" BB that was the trailers told us we would get and while the story is fine enough for Metal Gear standards it could have been handled better, though I didn't feel it was as unevenly paced as others did but that's my opinion and I understand people that felt differently.

Overall I am still wanting to play the game despite the 130+ hours I've put into it.
>>
>>316505060
Man of steel is a great movie
>>
>>316505470
So it is Batman Begin
>>
>>316504017
>I hate MGS2

tbf you really dont have anything to add to this thread
>>
>>316505918
the gameplay on MGS2 is the weakest in the series
even MGS1 is better
>>
I like it too, it's definitely my GOTY. But I expected more...
>>
>>316506301
how?

you can go aroung in big shell naked
>>
I loved it too, and I also like the plot. The execution could have been better but I don't really have too much of a problem with it.
>>
The controls and customization are great, but the missions are so bland, they are ALL "infiltrate this little shitty base exactly like in far cry lol", only about 4 missions out of the 150 odd were different (opening, closing, quiet duel, extracting codetalker).
>>
File: 1417829834369.png (118 KB, 247x314) Image search: [Google]
1417829834369.png
118 KB, 247x314
>>316496020
Loved every second of it
Too bad for the execution of the plot twist and the supposed cut content
Story wise it's an unncessary retcon used to give a message already used in MGS2 14 years ago but the gameplay is so rich and fun and the graphics look so great even on consoles that I consider it the best MGS nonetheless
>>
File: skull face warrior.jpg (196 KB, 1050x887) Image search: [Google]
skull face warrior.jpg
196 KB, 1050x887
>>316496020
It didn't live up to the promise of Ground Zeroes. Especially in regard to Skull Face.
>>
>>316496020
I loved it, and my biggest problem with the game was that the gameplay is so tight that spoiled me with other games. I stopped playing TW3 and FO4 solely because of the gameplay and now I'm replaying MGSV for the third time
>>
>>316504460
yeah man specially gunplay I love the gunplay in undertale
>>
>>316496020

For the first day or two post release when there was *some* legitimate discussion of the game, it seemed like the consensus was that the gameplay was fantastic and probably the best of the series. /v/ reaction is incredibly hypocritical considering when it comes to something like gone home, they shit on it for being story oriented with no gameplay, but then they shit on MGSV for having tight gameplay but a shit story.
>>
>>316505060
200 hours here, I hope they release a DLC or something with more missions or at least another Fox Engine game with this amazing gameplay, just like GTA 3 did with 3D sandbox games TPP kinda reinvented the 3rd person action genre (on the gameplay standpoint)
>>
>>316496020
I loved it my brother hated it because he's a story fag
>>
>>316502013
>>316502552
its the best selling mgs yet so.....
>>
>>316502013
well kojima calls it MGS so who am I to judge?
>>
>>316496020
Hell yes op I loved it.

The parasites made the story completely ridiculous. But I liked how the cutscenes were dependent on you doing things. The setting was pretty cool also. It showed the war economy that big boss created with peace walker and fits into what the world eventually turns into with mgs4.

Venom isn't Big Boss isn't really that big of deal, it definitely made me feel like og big boss is kind of dick for making me deal with his problems. Kojima wanted to thank everyone for playing his series by having us be big boss and it works fine in a tryhard Kojima kind of way.

Gameplay was top notch. Enemies adapting to your playstyle is neat. Outdoor level design was good with a ton of different approaches. Wish there was atleast one extended indoor base to infiltrate though. FOBs offer some fun sneaking opportunities.

Still haven't done all the replay missions but will be coming back to play more.

It's definitely worthy of the MGS name.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.