[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FTL vs BOI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: -----..jpg (636 KB, 1306x1454) Image search: [Google]
-----..jpg
636 KB, 1306x1454
Which is better /v/
>>
I prefer FTL because it's not a flash made abortion (lel) that they had to scrap and remake entirely to have the game remotely playable.

Also it doesn't look like ass and rewards skill rather than RNG/seed manipulation.
>>
FTL because the gameplay is at least unique.
>>
FTL
>Update released
>Tons of new content
>No charge
>Virtually no bugs
>New content is fun, and helps balance the only real issue with the game (boarding made it too easy, enemy ships now have better answers for this)

BoI
>Update released
>Moderate amounts of new content
>Charge 1/2 price of game
>Mostly items and one or two new rooms
>Another update released
>Sell as standalone game, full price
>Breaks half the game, bugs galore
>Dev finished patch within two days, waits two weeks to release it due to wanting to create "lore" regarding a certain number

This isn't really debatable.
>>
BoI without Afterbirth, FTL is nice, dont get me wrong, but in BoI you can at least compensate bad item drops with movement.
>>
BOI is more interesting and less frustrating I feel. I would say it is a bit more forgiving than FTL can be.
>>
>>316495221
tbqh isaac is much more skill based. if you get a shitty run of luck in FTL there is absolutely no way you're beating the rebel flagship.
>>
>>316494974
apples and oranges
>>
FTL is a much more original concept but it also feels repetitive much more faster than BOI.
>>
>>316495591
Crystal Boarding teams are still broken, but you have to go through so many things to even unlock them, I think it was on purpose
>>
FTL has more fun gameplay, but much less content
>>
>>316494974
FTL because they don't have a compulsive need to use food metaphors and nerf a single player game
>>
>>316494974
Completely different games and genres.
>>
Super House of Dead Ninjas
>>
FTL is about the experience. About immersing yourself in a grand adventure. With just a bit of imagination the writing comes to life and sucks you in. The mechanics are there to facilitate this aspect.

BOI might be the better game but I think FTL is the superior experience by a long shot.
>>
It's hard to say.

FTL is more fun and challenging, but it gets boring much faster. I usually play it for a few days, then drop it for 3months.

BoI is less interesting, but never really gets old. Play it once or twice a week, but never really took a break from it.

What I wonder is, when will we get a good 3d roguelite akin to Bo? I would literally play the shit out of a game that was a BOI clone, but in 3d.
>>
FTL easily. BoI is just RNG the game and gets worse with every expansion.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.