[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember how everyone used to hate SE? What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: SE laugh.gif (792 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
SE laugh.gif
792 KB, 294x233
Remember how everyone used to hate SE?

What went right?
>>
>>316493369
They took the 5 foot dildo out of their asses and localized DQ 7 and 8 for the 3DS.
>>
>>316493576
I'm pretty sure that's their Japanese division.

Their European and American divisions are notoriously awful, though.
>>
>used
>>
>>316493758
Name a better third-party publisher.
>>
Nier 2 potentially being sick
>>
>>316494823
Neversoft, Raven, Vicarious Visions, Bullfrog.
>>
>>316495187

I think he meant publishers that are still alive and not terrible NOW.
>>
>>316495187
All dead
>>
>Publishing dope games
>another Dissidia
>trying to revive classic turn based and ATB jrpgs
>throws money at Yoko Taro for no reason
>Dairy Queen VII and VIII

SE and Capcom revival inbound? I want my childhood back.
>>
Fuck off. Square hasn't done ANYTHING in the past decade to make up for their shit besides announce vaporware and turn a dead MMO into a WoW clone.

Eat shit.
>>
They sacked the CEO who used literal fortune tellers for important business decisions, for one.
>>
>>316495340
Paradox Interactive.
>>
File: Cidney Get In.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Get In.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>316495465
This. Sure they have done some good shit recently but nowhere near enough.

If SE have redeemed themselves then so have Capcom because they to are retarded but make some decent stuff every once in a while.
>>
>>316495952
Capcom's on a better track and still had games in the last decade unless you hate Monster Hunter or Street Fighter.

After DmC, Lost Planet 3, and whatever the fuck else shit they made failed, Capcom alsorealizes they're not relevant anymore, so they're adjusting their strategy to sequels of franchises that are still alive (MH and SF) and HD updates of their classics. A smart move desu
>>
>>316493576
I'm going to say this.

Might be the fact I'm looking forward to them. But I saw a few videos on VII and boy does it take forever to get moving.
>>
>>316496367
Well as someone who doesn't care bout MH or SF I hate Capcom with a passion. But I still admit they make some fantastic games when they actually try. It's just a shame once they do make a good game their find some way to ruin it.

Fucking localize Sengoku Basara 4 you mongoloid fucks.

Still. Bringing Dragon's Dogma to PC is one of the best thing they have done in ages and it's the game I've been hyped about the most this year.
>>
>>316496852
Yes, and they better get rid of that stupid Letterboxing which will never, ever work.
>>
>>316493369
They started milking the most iconic entry to the series?
>>
>>316496367
>they're adjusting their strategy
yes, by spending 90% of the profits from Monster hunter on mobile shovelware trash
>>
File: capcom.png (56 KB, 696x435) Image search: [Google]
capcom.png
56 KB, 696x435
SE and Capcom might save this gen from western shit. Hate on Capcom all you want, but nobody makes the same combat systems they do.
>>
>>316496993
That's not true. They did that some years ago and it didn't work out so they're back to basics now.
>>
>>316493369
>What went right?
They fired Wada. They've been on a slow but steady climb back out of the shitpile since then.
>>
>>316497516
I'm lost, why was Wada so important on bringing Square to the shitpile.
>>
>>316497038
Especially not Square.

Anyone excited for FFXV is fucking delusional.
>>
>>316495658

this
these niggers crap out gold. But they've jumped on the unlimited DLC cashcow bandwagon after the success of Crusader Kings II
>>
>>316497829
It's their biggest weakness right now(along with EUIV being a bit meh and the new HoI looking a bit suspect as well). But they still publish a bunch of great games and are one of the few who still cared about the more "indie style" titles.

Like you wouldn't find SE or Capcom publishing stuff like Cities in Motion or "professional" mods like Darkest Hour.
>>
File: 1383914100839.jpg (42 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1383914100839.jpg
42 KB, 1024x576
>Final Fantasy explorers coming with a shit ton of microtransactions right off the back
>Square feeling entitled to overload their games now with all this shitty DLC

Liking them is an overstatement.
>>
>>316497673
XV looks like one of the best things Square has ever done, so no.
>>
Sega still has the biggest potential. But they never deliver fully :(
>>
>>316498758
Let's not forget FFE is a shitty game.

>>316499021
Yeah nah

SE can't into action-RPGs for their life.
>>
>>316498758
They literally said all the DLC is free you retard.
>>
>>316499101
SE are the only Japanese company that continually makes good Action RPGs

I bet you think souls games are good
>>
>>316499275
They are
But Crystal Chronicles is good too

You may now berate me for having shit taste or whatever
>>
>>316499359

>Crystal Chronicles
>good

lmao
>>
>>316499118
>have to preorder to get legendary weapons
>implying they aren't releasing more DLC for NA
>that overloaded as fuck collector's edition

This is a win win for them.
>>
>>316499275
>What is Falcom?

Get fucked.
>>
>>316493369
They got their heads out of their asses and are actually making video games again.
>>
>>316499970
They've announced video games.

Big difference.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.