[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brotherhood of Steel opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: agashbh.png (801 KB, 1467x811) Image search: [Google]
agashbh.png
801 KB, 1467x811
I creamed my pants when this thing first showed up in the sky... but damn - these guys are religious zealots and creep me out. I like their intention of exterminating super mutants and the institute, but they also seem completely indifferent to other humans and will probably want to kill my good pal Valentine.

Thoughts on how you are gonna deal with them?
>>
That's uh
That's more or less the Brotherhood, yeah.

And I have joined them in their glorious conquest of the Commonwealth.
>>
>take all the technology, history, and nuclear material
>hide it from the crazy people
Seems like the best way to fix the wasteland. That's why I'm sticking with em.
>>
>>316487317
But they are the crazy people.
>>
>he doesn't support the minutemen
>he doesn't want to secure the commonwealth for the people of the commonwealth

brotherhood are pretty shit to be quite honest
>>
>>316488447
>he bruv saw you killed some raiders

>here pls be our leader xD

no spine
>>
>>316486916
Mostly all companions don't like the Brotherhood of Steel themselves and consider them a greedy nuisance.
>>
The Brotherhood should have stayed dead after the Enclave shit on them in 2

They were fine in New Vegas since their whole xenophobic tech zealotry ideology got overrun by the NCR's sheer size, but Bethesda fucking refuses to stop making them big and strong and the best faction in the world

Fallout is supposed to have moved on to post-post apocalyptic but the BOS and Super Mutants are two old shit stain cliches that Bethesda will continue to use as the driving forces behind their games
>>
Valentine is an uppity nigger.

>stop into the bar in Diamond City
>kekold story line
>husband tells me to confront bartender about sleeping with his wife
>I kill bartender for being a worthless degenerate
>Nick gets all uppity
>I than take out the whore of a wife who cheated by cutting her head off in the middle of diamond city
>Nick gets a bitch fit
>>
>>316486916
the big ship's entrance was epic
>>
>>316488589
Ya I had to dismiss piper before talking to them, my chances of nailing her seemed to go down hill every time that I agreed with what a brotherhood member was saying.
>>
>>316488979
You know what to do
>>
>>316488518
Preston was literally the only other Minuteman and he admitted that he's no leader, just a really good soldier
>>
>>316489321
then the 'minutemen' is just one incapable nigger

hardly a cause to join
>>
File: 1447218211465.gif (336 KB, 512x292) Image search: [Google]
1447218211465.gif
336 KB, 512x292
>>316486916
The Brotherhood are great. I don't get where your perception of "religious zeal" comes from. They believe in their cause and are a military order, were you expecting them to be unenthusiastic?
>>
>>316486916
They're a good faction.

F4 has a much better Morally Grey choice between who to support than FNV.
>>
>>316490931
They ARE basically cultish, though. Which is great.
>>
>>316489321
>Just a really good soldier.
>Sits on his ass at Sanctuary all day.
>Makes me go claim settlements and kill ghouls, even though I'm "the general" and he works for me.
>Couldn't take out a handful of raiders.
>Couldn't figure out how to put a battery in a suit.
Truly, this man is a master soldier.
>>
>>316491850
You mistake their military discipline for a cult.
>>
>>316492357
They're a cult. A cult to technology. The East Coast brotherhood is less cultish, but they're still cultish.
>>
>No Enclave faction

Into the trash you go.
>>
>>316487003
FOR THE EMPE-uhhh-TECHNOLOGY!
>>
>>316492219
>Hey could you go clean up this area? It'd make a great settlement but my men can't get rid of the creatures
>Literally 4 mole rats

God damn, how do the Minutemen even breathe unassisted?
>>
File: 1447244546764.jpg (89 KB, 697x919) Image search: [Google]
1447244546764.jpg
89 KB, 697x919
>>316492489
If they are a "cult" then every fucking faction in the game is a cult.

They are badasses who hate subhumans and want to progress technologically at a reasonable rate. I can't really think of anything to fault them.
>>
>>316492774
And they have an extremely dogmatic, near-religious zeal towards technology.
Stop getting defensive, I love the brotherhood. But they're basically a cult, almost a religion.
>>
File: 1370304669407.jpg (10 KB, 176x182) Image search: [Google]
1370304669407.jpg
10 KB, 176x182
>Join the brotherhood
>Find the Institute
>Seriously think about joining them
>Watching Synth's being made is cool as fuck
>Seriously have to think about which faction is the best choice for a second

I went with the Brotherhood, I cant get behind the idea of the Institute saving the world by making fakes of everything.

Maybe in a cyber punk world.

>>316492945
Cult would imply that they have something to worship, or a figure to throw prayers at.
>>
>>316492590
>Kill mole rats
>Spend hours building up nice settlement
Hey, you're alright, come back any time.
>>
File: 1446878477502.jpg (45 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1446878477502.jpg
45 KB, 500x504
>>316492945
>wanting to keep technology out of the hands of dirty subhumans and goatfucking wastelanders makes them dogmatic
>>
>>316493267
>They're essential

>>316493309
Sup, brotherhood.
>>
>>316493309
Sticking to their tenets despite being aware it's driving them to extinction is dogmatic as hell.

See: New Vegas
>>
>>316493309
Go away Danse, we all know you're a fake.
>>
>>316492774
>If they are a "cult" then every fucking faction in the game is a cult.

Actually, yeah, I think that's the case here.
Except the Minutemen, being more of a militia
>>
>>316489474
Should have let you build up your own faction.
>>
Did anyone notice how they took out the faction system.
(Wearing Faction Clothes makes you hostile to another.)
>>
>>316489474
Nothing wrong with the cause, it's the organization that took it up that is incompetent. You can help it succeed.
>>
>>316493793
That's too bad, but it really wasn't well implemented in NV either.

A proper system would include things like face masks and disguises.
>>
>>316493793
fuck that system. I wear what i want bitch
>>
File: 1439678556700.jpg (92 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
1439678556700.jpg
92 KB, 1060x404
>Join Brotherhood
>Get free Power Armor
>Get Blimp Base with vendors, unique NPCs etc.
>Get multiple radiant quests and other cool unique ones like the time you assault mutants in a Vertibird
>They get cool music and shit

>Join Minutemen
>It's LITERALLY 1 guy who can't kill some raiders
>Have to go around doing tedious "kill X at X" quests so you can build settlements with Bethesdas terrible system
>Only get an old ass castle that literally has collapsed walls
>Once you actually build it up, the "members" are just nameless bumfuck farmers cosplaying as Revolutionary soldiers

Why did Bethesda do this? Minutemen were a great concept that got fucking buried so that the BOS could get as much resources devoted to them in development as possible
>>
Honestly I felt they we're really dumb in Fallout 4. Like in 10 years the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood (Which is who these guys are so obviously are) have built themselves into a full on military, yet they're so preachy, possibly even more than Fallout 3 that it's like I'm with some random military group, and not the Brotherhood.
>>
>>316493487
>driving them to extinction
literally the only force in the world that can oppose the Brotherhood at full power is the NCR
>>
>Joining anything other than the brotherhood of steel

People actually do this? Brotherhood without a doght is always the best option. Killing mutie scum and prevent a cyborg take over is the best choice. All other options are full retard or plane evil.
>>
>>316494762
Enclave
>>
brotherhood are badass

fuck the minutemen pussies and fuck the bleeding heart railroads
>>
>>316494762
That's supposed to be the point. BOS are a relic of Fallout 1/2 who were trying to preserve technology while the world was still in ruin. Now that organized nations are actually a thing, the BOS and Enclave have been phased out. A small group of zealots running around collecting laser pistols while exclaiming verses from their codex can't stand up to an actual army, let alone someone like Mr. House. The world moved on
>>
>>316495430
>organized nations
lel
>>
>>316494762
Caesar's Legion. Centurions had power armor incorporated into theirs. Implies that the Legion were fighting (or at least skirmishing) with the Midwest BOS. Then there's the Enclave, which in Fallout 2 the Brotherhood was completely scared to death of and used the PC as a proxy to investigate them since they were so outclassed.

The NCR probably held the BOS off as well as they did because they had armored companies (tanks and vertibirds) back in California and trains to support their war-machine to keep logistics and resources flowing to fight them.

Really though, anyone with a supply of anti-materiel rifles or rocket launchers or energy weapons could hold off the BOS for at least a little while. The Brotherhood likes to flex their muscles and puff out their chests, but honestly they rarely get into scraps with people. The only times I can think about it are when they exterminated the Vipers prior to Fallout 1 at everyone's request, when they fought the Super Mutants at the end of Fallout 1 and everyone's request, when they fought the NCR in between 2 and New Vegas, and that's about it - barring the East Coast and Midwest BOS who kind of don't count since they have radically different ideologies.
>>
Can you only side with one faction? do minutemen have a quest to fight the brotherhood as an example, and then you can't progress with their quests anymore? I just took the castle as the minute men, just boarded the airship with the brotherhood and ive just started the railroad quests. What's gonna happen if i keep doing them?
>>
>>316494762
The Brotherhood literally pissed themselves in fear at The Enclaves presence and could do absolutely nothing about it except watch Frank Horrigan rip their guys in half.

They're pretty much fucked once someone has better tech than them since their numbers game is non-existent, which led to them getting curbstomped by the NCR's never ending stream of cannon fodder
>>
>>316495020

The Enclave's ability to do anything organized was removed in Fallout 2.

Apparently you haven't played it.
>>
>>316496071
I have, since he had said "at full power" I thought that carried over to the opposition too.
>>
>>316492504
DLC :^)
>>
>>316496071
And The Brotherhoods should have been removed after New Vegas but storytelling is too hard
>>
>>316496375

The Brotherhood of the East has almost literally nothing to do with the Brotherhood in the West.
>>
>>316495654
>Legion centurion armour is power armour

You kidding, right? it's medium, you don't even need the training to use it. Just because a section of it is made from power armour doesn't give it the capabilities, and if you're aiming for the right pauldron and forearm you're doing it wrong in any case.
>>
>>316496504
Can you not read? I said they had power armor incorporated into their armor. Not that it was power armor.
>>
>>316492357
Bro the military is a cult. It exhibits the exact same methods of recruitment and brainwashing as any cult does. The only difference is this one is supported by the people and the government
>>
Do I ever get an option to betray or kill piper? Or should I just take her out and shoot her?
>>
>>316494548
Thèse guys seem different than the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood from F3, I could see them being the Outcasts made legitimate again though
>>
>>316494521
Because the minutemen are basically just the neighborhood watch, whereas the Brotherhood of Steel is way cooler and more interesting? What did you expect?
>>
>>316497563
They're the same brotherhood from F3, under new leadership. They're not outcasts, outcasts wouldn't recruit wastelanders.

That said, I don't understand why the concept of an organization changing depending on who leads it is so fucking hard for lorefags.
>>
>>316497563
Their Elder is Maxson, the kid in the Citadel in Fallout 3 who is descended from Roger Maxson, founder of the Brotherhood. That and they state they created the airship out of Enclave Crawler wreckage and other left over supplies at Adams Air Force Base. At the direction of Maxson, these guys are 100% Capital Wasteland Brotherhood. Plus a couple hundred more soldiers.
>>
>>316497897
I'm not even a fucking lorefag, it's just absurd how the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood went from barely holding on in the wasteland to a fucking airship, around 15 vertibirds, hundreds of soldiers, brand new armor/fatigues megatons of supplies like weapons, ammo, food, OH and Restoring Liberty Prime
>>
>>316497729

The Minutemen are also designed to not have conflicts with the major factions. They are literally the other guy, the players and his settlers/militia, nothing more.
>>
>>316496724
So how does that make them a threat exactly? They ganked some BoS guy?
>>
>>316498180
>I'm not even a fucking lorefag, it's just absurd how the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood went from barely holding on in the wasteland to a fucking airship
>It's absurd how the NCR went from barely holding a village to an expansive, militarized empire.

Shit happens over time, especially if you have an RPG Protagonist doing errands for you.
After beating the Enclave and getting rid of the Super Mutants and gaining control of the water, what's to stop Brotherhood Growth in DC?
>>
>>316498386
It means they've fought and defeated Brotherhood, as has the NCR.
The Brotherhood had got their asses kicked hard in FNV.
>>
>>316495892
Nobody cares :^)
>>
>Liberty Prime
>Again
Its like bethesda cant make anything new.
>>
>>316488924
This is the Midwestern brotherhood . hence the zeplins. They were established in fallout tactics
>>
>>316498180

They got all the remaining Enclave resources and an hold in the recovered Capital Wasteland after the success of Project Purity. Also without the ban on accepting wastelanders in their ranks they expanded from a chapter to a small army. Also they have the repaired Liberty Prime. As for the airship they didn't built from scratch, they arrived with those things from the west coast. It's not a stretch that they were able to repair and put it in service again one of those.
>>
>>316498645
>Everyone loved Liberty Prime
>It's the most powerful weapon at their disposal
>BAWWW, HOW DARE THEY BRING IT BACK
>>
>>316493684
Fucking this.
When will a game allow me to give the middle finger to all the factions who think they can use me as their errand boy.
Grand speeches on how they're right and just and moral while its obvious that any gains they make is solely because of your actions.
And even after you single-handedly wipe out all their enemies they still continue to treat you like a gopher.
Fuck you Delphine, fuck you House.
Even if they don't respect your power, they should at least respect your actions.

Fuck factions who think I'll do whatever they want just because I agree with their point of view.
If anything they should be placating me to not switch sides on them when they realize that without my their movement is dead in the water.

Give me a game where I can start my own faction. Pick and choose from what I want from the other factions, and a bullet for those who disagree.
>>
>>316497897
>>316497910
Ah damn guess I was wrong. I just really didn't expect such a big change from them in that time frame. Yeah a change in leaders could do that but you'd expect it to take more time, especially considering how devoted that chapter seemed to be to the new cause in F3
>>
>>316498760

Also they were already trying to reassemble it during the same Fallout 3 dlc.
>>
>>316498924
Well, the chapter was basically like that because of Lyons. With both Lyons dead, a strong leader could radically change the direction of the chapter, and they had the resources to do it since they controlled the Capital Wasteland's water and technology.
>>
>>316498848
i worked for the institute up to the very end killed the railroad and the brother hood and was gonna kill the institue too when i was done. but some of them wouldnt die so now when i travel to the institute theres 3 main characters who wonder the halls looking for me but i can never kill them

i hate that they force you to keep people alive in fall out 4
>>
>>316499064
Maybe I remember wrong but it seemed like Maxson was onboard with Lyons and the rest in F3
>>
>>316499902
He probably was, but he was a kid. Plenty of time to grow up and change.
>>
>>316494521
Because the US government probably got involved and squashed any minutemen story before it got too far.

They don't want people being inspired to work for themselves and protect eachother through force because it directly removes the governments ability to control them.

The minutemen historically protected fellow citizens against an unjust government, it makes sense that an unjust government would not want that to happen again.

So they probably got involved with the game process, and had homeland donate a sizeable fund just so the developers would write a boring uninspiring story.
>>
God, the Railroad is the fucking worst. But when flippity zipp the gizmonigger was hacking into the code, that was when I had the last straw.
>>
File: 1442584692848.png (193 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1442584692848.png
193 KB, 400x400
>you will never be part of a large-scale BoS op due to Bethesda limitations
>>
>>316500314
You know despite limitations, the assault on the Purifier in FO3 FELT pretty large scale.

It was limited as hell, but Bethesda did craft a great setpiece.
>>
When do I advance in the Brotherhood storyline? I did the holotape shit and then 4-5 radiant quests but nothing new has shown up.
>>
>>316495430
Back when the world was still freshly glowing green, the only way to preserve the knowledge and technology that could be used to heal the world later on was to hide it away.
It's like having a barrel full of seeds and trying to tell a bunch of starving people that they can't eat the seeds; they're needed for the future.
But while the world is more stable, connected and organized now, there's still a lot of danger...and a lot of hungry people.

I can imagine the Brotherhood looking at the wasteland and seeing all those scavengers, raiders, mutants, deathclaws, power hungry tyrants and more and not seeing a world that is ready to accept an influx of advanced technologies without causing more harm then good, despite the progress made so far.

Their goal of preventing technology from being lost forever is working out. As for their second goal of bringing post war society back to pre-war technological levels (assuming they still remember that part), well, the time isn't right for it yet.

I feel like I should add though that to me the BoS has changed a lot from the first game on.
I still remember finding them in Fallout 1 and being amazed at finding a bunker with tech that looked even more advanced then my vault, which up to that point was the most technologically advanced place in the wasteland. Also the second place not covered in dirt and rust.
Later games saw them getting more involved, politically and militarily, losing some of their advantages, and generally becoming easier to kill.
This BoS feels more like a regular political wasteland faction, with only the power armor and advanced weapons setting them apart from anyone else.
>>
>>316500421
True.
>Mighty Man playing
>Iron Giant throwing nukes left and right yelling patriotism
>stomping around in my power armor pajamas mowing down Enclaves with my gatling laser
Felt good.
>>
>>316498848
Mount and blade.
>>
>>316492504
They should honestly be basically dead by this point
>>
>>316498547
I doubt the Legion won decisively.
>>
File: fellout.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
fellout.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>Brotherhood
I hope you enjoy the repeating the finale from 3 again.
>>
>>316501520
>>316501520
Even if only a handful of soldiers survive a massive battle, there are still old bases they could have stored weaponry and resources, and then its only a matter of how fast they can recruit and train.

Imagine a small 5 person community trying to defend themselves against raiders with no help, then over the hill 5 enclave soldiers roll up and obliterate the attackers. The village would be in debt to them. The soldiers could then offer safety, and food if the villagers come back to the base.

The younger villagers would be put through recruitment, and the ones who cant fight become farmers within the enclave settlement or whatever.

I think if it was a choice between people being skullfucked by supermutants, or chillin in an enclave base, youd have more than enough people to rebuild an army.
>>
>>316500146
*tips tinfoil fedora*
>>
>>316503048
Then what else could it be?

I refuse to believe that a company with bethesdas influence couldn't find a better story. I could have wrote one better with sharpie on a napkin.

It's unlikely that they are incapable of writing, but more likely that they had a reason not to write a better story.

What reason could that be? Its not from a resource standpoint, because they put a lot more time into other factions.
>>
File: 1426487111214.png (102 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
1426487111214.png
102 KB, 321x326
>>316488979
I loved that quest, mainly because I've been playing an asshole woman who went crazy due to all the trauma. "Just rough him up a bit" turned into me walking into the bar and blasting his face off before talking to him, then intervening in a drug deal, murdering everyone in the drug den, and then framing the dude who ratted me out for killing some dude's son back on him, to the father's face, as he paid me to kill the guy who told him who killed his son.
>>
I wasn't going to join the brotherhood.

But my god, Preston Garvey is one of the worst voice acted characters in any Bethesda game to date. I had to join ANY faction that wasn't his, so I just signed up with the BoS.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.