[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character Creators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
Tell what do you do whenever there is a character creator in a game.

Do you try to make yourself as a self-insert?
Tries to make a "badass" random character?
Copies another famous character or person's face for roleplay?
Sees this as an opportunity to play as the opposite sex?
Makes the goofiest looking appearance possible?
Or do you randomly hits random or goes along with the first default avaiable?

Personally, I always try to make myself and usually spend a lot of time in the first try. I also try to picture myself into the game's world, which can me harmful as my characters, like me, don't talk to random people on the street for quests and whatnot and just mind their own businesses.
>>
File: DD_Nugget.webm (802 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DD_Nugget.webm
802 KB, 1280x720
I do magic.
>>
i make my ancestor, just kinda has to look like me, holds some of my ideals

or i just make a waifu
>>
>>316484097
Random.
>>
File: Chuck Norrisu-san.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Norrisu-san.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>316484275
Can't fool me, Mr. Anderson.
>>316484217
Also, random assholes.
>>
I usually start off by trying to make the most ideal waifu. The next step is to make myself. Except buffed up because I'm a skinny bitch.
Skyrim with ECE sank a good amount of hours for me.
>>
>>316484524
I make myself as the scrawny bitch I am, most char creators have an automatically athletic looking dude anyway.
>>
>>316484097
I make the qtest ex-muslim m2f trans person of color I can create.
>>
>>316485290
Goofiest looking, then.
>>
File: 1447291446576.png (122 KB, 348x421) Image search: [Google]
1447291446576.png
122 KB, 348x421
I massively self-insert. Zero fucks given.

All of my characters have at least one of my physical features.
>>
Make the ugliest mother fucker possible. Was a fat old Transgender Hitler in DD, followed by an enormous Tumblrite mage that looked like the heavy gunner from overwatch
>>
My first character is normally an idealised version of myself. After that cute girls, or whatever else I'm roleplaying as. I'd post a picture of my cute Breton mage in Skyrim but I'm not at my computer.
>>
>>316485475
This. First time through a game with a character creator and/or player name is a self insert.
Subsequent playthroughs can be Dickus the Purple-Skinned Knight, but the first has to be me.
>>
>Brown
>Spunky
>Tomboy
>With
>Spats

Any game that doesn't let me do this isn't worth playing.
>>
>>316485383
Say that to xer face and not online see what happens.
>>
>>316485667
this

or I make the grumpiest looking black dude I can
>>
>get Oblivion a decade ago
>can't settle on a haircolor
>make it bright cyan because whythefucknot
>literally glows in the dark
Man, Dragon's Dogma on PC is going to be fun once people find console commands to make sharing sliders easier.
>>
I don't really like to make myself because I am a small person and I would rather play a large guy in a videogame with a huge weapon so everybody can see me and notice how rad I am
>>
I try for the most monstrous abomination possible, but I usually don't spend too long on it
>>
I almost always self-insert. My pawn in DD is a qt androgynous waifu though, with a hint of Jena Malone.
>>
>>316486826
additionally, I always like to pick the beast race if I can.
>>
i think about what i want the character to do, then just build around that.
once spent a few hours in the Das2 creator tweaking everything to perfection.
>>
>>316484097
I either make a cute girl, or I roleplay as the main character in a book I'm writing. If i'm feeling really lazy I go for the joke/self inserts
>>
Depends on the game. I usually make some handsome adventurer type. The only time I specifically inserted myself into a game was in a tennis game I don't recall anymore. Top Spin, probably.
>>
I like to go for a realistic design. I'll deliberately create (or keep) little imperfections on a characters face to try and make them look real. Like a wider chin on a female character, or a slightly crooked nose for example.

I find this works better for me than trying to make a flawless character as there's almost always something you miss that makes them look weird. Take lips on a character's profile for example, if the rest of them looks "perfect" it just looks off.
>>
First: Heroic looking young man
Second: Tired, old, seen some shit veteran
Third: The prefect waifu
Fourth: Psycho bitch

Usually how it goes. I hate self insert because I hate myself.
>>
Whether or not I can make giant warrior women pretty much determines if I care about a game's character creator or not.
>>
God damn is DD's the best. All it needs is beast races. Slap in some BoF animal races.
>>
>>316488748
DD already has a top tier character creator, but damn I'm excited to see what mods can bring in
>>
I hit random until something horrifying happens.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.