[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play mafucking RE3 for hundreds of hours during early 2000's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: resident_evil_3_nemesis_a_1_.jpg (100 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
resident_evil_3_nemesis_a_1_.jpg
100 KB, 953x953
>Play mafucking RE3 for hundreds of hours during early 2000's
>Eventually get bored of it
>Play RE4
>Notice how much more fun and smoother the gameplay is
>Go back to playing RE3 after couple years of RE4
>It's painfully dull to play

Jesus, how did we think this was fun?
>>
>>316483820
>Only 2D RE games can be scary
>Only 3D RE games can be fun
Does anyone has this problem?
>>
File: ''survival horror''.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
''survival horror''.webm
3 MB, 640x360
While I find RE4 fun and all, I still prefer the older REs over it. Been playing REmake for the first time in ages, after replaying RE2 just recently, and damn they are just damn good.

>fun
Not every game is meant to be "fun". In fact, many media products are enjoyed for totally different reasons. The old RE and SH games are engaging and atmospheric as hell, and provide a decent challenge as well.

If anything, I'm saddened that "survival-horror" has been completely replaced with a simple "action horror".
>>
4 is when the series became an action game over horror
>>
>>316483820
both are good games, but the re games with tank controls were much scarier. trying to run away from nemesis with the somewhat clunky controls kinda worked in its favor, made it feel like the character wasn't moving as well due to panic and fear
>>
File: classic vs modern RESI games.png (34 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
classic vs modern RESI games.png
34 KB, 1000x500
>>316483820
>Jesus, how did we think this was fun?
>we
talk to yourself, casual fag
>>
>>316483820
Nemesis himself shits all over 4
nothing, not even the regenerators, made me panic as much as this guy
>>
File: 1367618148817.jpg (126 KB, 551x439) Image search: [Google]
1367618148817.jpg
126 KB, 551x439
>replay RE2 at least once a year, sometimes more
>play RE4 once and never bother with it again
>>
File: remakecheevos.png (117 KB, 915x212) Image search: [Google]
remakecheevos.png
117 KB, 915x212
>buy 4 and HD REmake on steam for nostalgia

>stop playing RE4 after an hour

>play REmake all week, even getting 100% achievements because the game is so damn perfect

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>316483820
They're difftrent kinds of games. Early REs are adventure/puzzle games, RE4 and later are just shooters. I liked both, though it's a shame it's just the latter now.
About RE4. I don't really know why it's so good, because even when it came out the shooting mechanics, movement etc. were very primitive and clunky, other TPP games were way ahead, fluid and more intuitive. Still was very fun for some reason.
>>
>>316484497
While this is true, RE4 still has probably the best adaptive difficulty of any game ever made. That doesn't make it hard, but the better you are, the less the game holds your hand. It is pretty spiffy. The gold was just an arbitrary point system that let you upgrade your character.
>>
File: 1388442636150.jpg (74 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1388442636150.jpg
74 KB, 328x328
>>316484497
>Resident Evil 3
>Rationing ammo
>>
>>316483820
>Play resident evil 1,2 and 3 on release for hundreds of hours
>Play 4 on release
>Feel that its shit and that it was too westernized, lack of atmosphere, shit characters, too linear and its also a shitty action game
>Many years later find in the the internet the game is considered a gem, a master piece by many and that it became a stapple for tps games. It also influenced other franchises I didnt even know existed like Gears of Wars. And those franchises are shit too but well respected by this same faggots.

Overall I can now appreciate a bit of what it did or tried to do, but god fuck I hated it when it was released. I still dont like it.
>>
>>316485636
>Resident Evil 2
>awake while playing it
>>
>>316485636
>never played on the "normal" difficulty, strangely named "Hard"
>>
>>316484306
Depends on who's the player. if you had focus groups of kids and young adults all from 1999 aged 6-22 year old, and put one group in front RE1-3 and the other in front of RE4. Then, after 40 minutes, switch them. I think you'd find the results of which game was scarier very interesting.

Of course the experiment would need subjects with no prior external influences such as reviews and the word of the gaming community. Their exposure to violent media/entertainment would need to mirror nothing beyond 1999.
>>
>>316486854
This though.
Every difficulty below Hard started you with an assault rifle.
>>
>>316487235
I'd like to do this with Amish people, or maybe some sheltered scientologist families.
>>
>>316484126
this meme
>>
File: 1424987413686.jpg (37 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1424987413686.jpg
37 KB, 320x240
>>316487541
yeah, especially since there's only two difficulties by default anyway. Which used to be the case with all RE games up until recently.

>tfw they added a new "Very Easy" mode for REmake HD Remaster, and new people thought that the choices mean "easy normal hard"
>>
I recently gave RE4 another chance this past week. I've had it for gamecube since day 1, played it a little back then and hated it. I used to have such a bitter resentment towards it because it was so different, but I enjoyed it this time. Although holy fuck I had so much ammo at the end. 200 shotgun shells and 300 handgun bullets along with tons of grenades and healing items. The final boss was a joke by just tossing grenades at him.
>>
re 1-3 are pretty fun.

4 is a better, but different game. Apples and oranges
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.