[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"true" endings in games How often do you do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151112_180603.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_180603.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
"true" endings in games

How often do you do this? Do you try on the first playthroughs and get frustrated to look up guides, or do you play through blind, then go for the true ending on your second play through?

What are some of the most ridiculous, difficult, or memorable requirements for true ends that you've experienced?
>>
>>316481295
I rely on NG+ now, but back in the day I would re-play it 2-3 times if no NG+ was reliable. I only do this for games I cared for to begin with.
>>
>>316481295
>p4gs true end
>one day missable dungeon
>>
999/VLR takes the cake for me.
>>
>>316481682

That dungeon was total bullshit too. Fucking SP drain.
>>
>>316481574

Getting true end on ng+ is its own kind of fun where you just sweep through and absolutely destroy everything that you had to fight before.
>>
>>316481295
>Suikoden 2
mah nigga
>>
>>316481295
learning how to find and how to use the chrono cross on my own
i'm playing through valkyrie profile and I hear it has some weird true ending requirements
>>
>>316483356
I'm a huge fan of those games, but I think their "true" endings are in a different category because all of the other endings don't really "end" the game in any sense, and it's completely obvious that the game isn't over at all (especially in VLR, with making the timeline screen and important choices much more obvious)
>>
>>316486924
Well its classified as bad/good/true in those games. They're all still ends.

In most games though, the true is the most definitive/canon end. I'm hard pressed to find one where that isn't the case.
>>
>>316487250
>In most games though, the true is the most definitive/canon end
Definitely true. This can be extremely annoying in games like FE6, which take forever to complete just in order to find out you got a "bad" ending just because you missed something in the early parts of the game. True ends like that are bullshit, because they basically punish you for not using a guide because not only is the true end almost impossible to figure out, but also due to the fact that the non-true endings are irrelevant in the face of one canonical ending. Games, like 999 make up for it by tying other endings into the true ending. Honestly, I can't think of a single game where multiple branching endings can be seen as equally legit.
>>
>>316488135
And of course I'm not counting absolute bullshit like far cry 3 or fallout 3 where you basically select which ending cinematic you want to view in the last seconds of the game.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.