[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R.I.P Fable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
R.I.P Fable
>>
>>316479557
Fable died with Fable 1. For whatever reason the normies made Fallout their mainstream RPG instead of the causal babyshit that is Fable.
>>
so this is really f2p and win10 is needed ?
>>
>>316479557
>>316480178
fable died after fable 3,worst game of the trilogy
>>
Fable's been dead since 3, and arguably 2. Just let it go already.
>>
>>316480316
>>316480273
This. I don't even know what the fuck happened. Why did they take it in such a bad direction?!
>>
>>316480269
Yes, you will likely need to buy new characters and its level/stage based.
>>316480273
It died when it started. This was a mediocre series from the start, only notable because it was an exclusive
>>
>>316480273
This

>>316480316
>arguably 2

Why does everyone shit on 2 so much? Yeah the combat was piss easy and the story was kind of lame, but other than that I felt like almost everything else was improved.
>>
>>316480391
>only notable because it was an exclusive
Actually it was notable because all the kids at school were talking about how badass it was to kill your wife after marrying her and shit.
>>
>>316480526
>Why does everyone shit on 2 so much?
Because the combat was piss easy and the story was kind of lame.

I agree that it improved everything else though, especially the way they did magic.
>>
>>316480526
They gutted features, the story was eh, combat was easy and I can't stand the 'Musket era' aesthetics.

Sure I still had a fun time playing it and all, but if you look back you can clearly see how its a sign for things to come.
>>
>>316480629
Are u serious? They removed so many spells from the game
>>
>>316481161
Like what? As far as I recall they only removed time slow.

And besides, I meant the overall system of having a cooldown instead of mana.
>>
>>316479557
fable 2 was the last good fable game. Despite all of the massive bugs. I remember doing the tutorial level 16 times because it would crash after 20 mins or less and no save point. It did this for the rest of the game, and I still loved it. It all started with black and white.
>>
>>316480273

accurate.

Fable 2 was okay, but 3 was what the fuck man
>>
>>316481389
Actually you're almost right, they still had slow time even. Hitting B by itself using the Rush spell slowed time, aiming it and hitting B teleported you behind enemies.
>>
>>316481389
not him but
>As far as I recall they only removed time slow
>multi strike
>divine fury
>infernal wrath
>physical shield
>beserk
http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Will
there's a bunch more out there. The magic system was improved in that one area, I'll give you, but they really ripped a lot of interesting stuff from magic
>>
>>316481806
They got rid of those in 2 but put back a version of it in 3. God that game was disappointing.
>>
>>316480526
the funnest part of the game was the blacksmithing, given it is actually really fun. but you don't make a game's best part its mini game
>>
>>316482073
>not being a bartender
Spotted the pleb.
>>
>>316482161
Learned how to pour a pint in real life when I played that game. Good times.
>>
>>316482073
>the funnest part of the game was the blacksmithing
>not spamming the chaos spell and watching bandits dance, scrub the floor, and vomit uncontrollably
>>
I really have no idea why they call this game a Fable game. It's Fable only in name. Should have just called it a new IP.
>>
File: 1411998609565.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1411998609565.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
Fable 2, along with Mass Effect (1), actually marked the moment I lost faith in gaming press. Both were grossly over rated (especially ME), and during my gameplay I faced a lot of shit that reviews didn't mention in the slightest. I was so butthurt that I created my own blog to write my reviews.
>>
>>316483202
>>
>>316483202
What's URL for your blog?
>>
Witcher 3 was like a Fable TLC spiritual successor anyway
>>
>>316483560
>>316483581
I quitted it two years ago (after I think 5 years of intensive writing). I eventually ran out of steam. It was a good experience, but I grew out of it.

Also, it's in italian.
>>
>>316483790
It felt more like Gothic 3: the good edition.
>>
>>316483809
Mama mia, just share the link bro
>>
>>316483809
I just started my own website to write reviews. It's not up yet, but I feel similar to what you said. Any tips for me?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.