[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about things like "executions" in video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Ryse Son of Rome.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ryse Son of Rome.webm
3 MB, 640x360
How do you feel about things like "executions" in video games?
>>
depends, it's fine for 1v1 but if you are stuck in a kill animation and someone can just come up and gank you then it sucks
>>
>>316464789

was pretty cool when GoW 1 / 2 happened.

but they're boring as fuck now and usually ruin melee combat for games.

Comare Hitman absolution melee vs GTA V for example.
>>
>>316464789
Neat idea, but every game just uses them in place interesting gameplay. Why waste time programming and designing a challenging combat system when you could just let the players mash buttons and then randomly play execution animations
>>
>>316464789
If the game doesn't feature an option to deactivate them, I stop playing the game.
>>
>>316464789
Boring
>>
Cheesy.
>>
They were great in Ninja Gaiden 2
>>
Space Marine did them pretty good. Although sometimes it felt more like you were spamming executions for health.
>>
File: what are you gonna do stab me.gif (3 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
what are you gonna do stab me.gif
3 MB, 356x200
I dispise automatic takedowns and executions.
I rather do it manually myself.
One reason why I hated Metro LL and Redux compared to the original.
>>
>>316464789
some times they can be done well in games, but when they happen all the fucking time and it's like the same three animations over and over again it gets pretty fucking awful.
>>
Gears of War does executions perfectly. When you down a player they're practically dead because you can just finish them off by shooting them, or you can prolong there suffering and fuel there rage by executing them. It isn't an insta-kill or anything, it's just a side mechanic that is fun and optional to your liking.
>>
>>316464789
I generally like them if they don't happen with every enemy. The best if you can decide to use them or not at any time.
Gears of War did this right. You could just shoot / kick anyone quickly but if you wanted you could hold the button and finish them.

And since you were vulnerable doing it there was some reward pulling it off mid match.
>>
>>316464789
stupid lazy boring dumb gay retarded fag shit
>>
Ok if it wraps up an encounter. Horrible if it replaces it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
this game got it just right
>>
>>316465512
Yeah agreed, I feel the same way about them in Skyrim it doesn't feel cheesed because it's a swing that would have killed them anyway. when it's just like "good job you filled up the rage/special/combo/what ever meter, get close and press "a" when you see the prompt." That fucking blows. Also i hate it in games when you're doing some cinematic kill and other bad guys are standing around fucking hitting you, usually the attacks don't register but it totally kills the cinematic.
>>
Executions can be interesting when you need them to do something like gain health back. Slow mo executions can get old really fast though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.