[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an AA thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
File: PW1boxsmall.jpg (31 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
PW1boxsmall.jpg
31 KB, 300x270
Can we have an AA thread?
>>
>>316463698
I want to rub Maya's feet.
>>
File: 1443391886693.jpg (277 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1443391886693.jpg
277 KB, 1136x640
These games are getting too meta for me.
>>
Sure
>>
File: PXZ2_Maya_&_Phoenix.png (274 KB, 511x560) Image search: [Google]
PXZ2_Maya_&_Phoenix.png
274 KB, 511x560
When are we even going to be getting more news on AA6?
>>
>>316463875
>When are we even going to be getting more news on AA6?
Probably until January 2016. It will be a big update covering case 2 and revealing the mysterious prosecutor. Maybe reveal Athena and/or Trucy, too.

Release date for summer 2016 in JP, fall 2016 for US
>>
>>316464012
>not a simultaneous release
well fuck, I'm going to have to avoid AA threads for a well next summer then
>>
File: apollobullshit.jpg (45 KB, 255x396) Image search: [Google]
apollobullshit.jpg
45 KB, 255x396
Been playing through the series for another time since forever, now on 4-3 in Apollo Justice

Apollo Justice is pretty rightfully maligned as the worst entry, so far. I figured it might've been my opinion changing through lots of /v/ threads, but it's just really, really awkwardly written. 4-1 is great, but 4-2 (which was way less interesting than I remember) and 4-3 have people lie for no reason or not mention things for no reason and the game does nothing to explain anything they do. In the trilogy people were always either forgetful or misinterpreted what they saw or were protecting someone, but here it's just... people lying. Why? Because the game needs to have contradictions.

The whole "look guys, we're on DS!" shit is obnoxious, too. There's a ton of mini-games like getting footprints that add absolutely nothing and waste a ton of time.

Apollo and Trucy themselves are fun, but the writing tying into the gameplay is so obnoxious.
>>
>>316464138
4-2 is very well written and 4-4 tied everything up nicely but had pacing issues.
It's still a very good game in my opinion.

Worst entry for me is still AAI
>>
>>316464138
4-3 irritated me so much that I dropped my replay of the game that I attempted a while back. I hate the "watch that video again!" meme because it's not even what's wrong with that case.
>>
File: apolloscrewed.png (221 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
apolloscrewed.png
221 KB, 540x400
>>316464240
>4-2 is very well written

I used to think so too, but it's not. I mostly remembered the Kitakis and how great characters they are (and they were, don't get me wrong). But the entire fucking first day is spent on that panty thief who is like an Oldbag or Hugh but unfunny, and then most of the second day is spent on a Dahlia but not scary. The game constantly makes bad excuses (like "oh woops is it that late already??") for why Wocky couldn't just have told you what happened at the time.

That's not all that bad though - the real bad part is that the investigation has these tiny triggers to progress to the next scene or for X person to show up. This goes for 4-3, too. 1-3 had this stuff too and it was annoying there, but in the trilogy the investigation got better and better and very clear on when a certain area was done. In AJ you're often required to present random irrelevant evidence to make some random person show up somewhere else. It's really annoying, and DD might kind of be a backlash to that (making it too linear).
>>
>>316464463
To be fair, the video plays a large part of it. The first day of 4-3 is actually completely fine (if you accept the dumb premise that Machi is arrested at all and zero fingerprints were taken, but hey). Once the video comes in it shows up constantly, even in random conversation, which then slows down and becomes unskippable to let the clip play.

The rest of the case makes no sense either, obviously, but the video is just awful gameplay.
>>
>>316464507
The entire premise of the first day is finding out how the scene played out. Most first days go like this. Stickler was entertaining for what he was.
Wocky is uncooperative because that's his thing. He was trying too hard to be gangster and he even wanted to go to jail to prove how hardcoar he was.
The motive is good. The mystery is good. Characters are all great. Really, 4-2 was a solid case all together. Only bad thing about the case was Meraktis being a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1441234884411.jpg (53 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
1441234884411.jpg
53 KB, 473x355
I'm replaying AA2 and I still don't understand why Edgeworth had to be such a dick and leave a fake suicide note behind. I understand he had to do some soul searching and shit, but why did that require him to act like he killed himself?
>>
File: kitakis.png (89 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
kitakis.png
89 KB, 480x640
>>316464994
Meraktis seemed fine to me, just a scared doctor who fucked up. The motive is definitely great.

Stickler is awful, though I guess that may just be a matter of taste. I also lost my patience with the whole panties shit very early on - is there really anyone who finds this funny?

Wocky isn't uncooperative because that's his thing - the end of day 1 is literally Apollo saying "woopsey seems we didn't get to interview the defendant oh well!" and then the case goes on to never ever ask about there only one gun being on the scene and Wocky never having held it. It just ignores it because they wrote themselves in a corner with that, I guess.

The entire idea of the defendant going to murder someone at the same time he gets murdered by someone else is definitely cool, I'll give it that. But the way the investigation is structured and really everything regarding the gameplay holds the case down, a lot.
>>
>>316465245
Panties jokes were all right because it led to sexual innuendos.

I got fed up with it during Dual Destinies because they made Trucy's character revolve around "hurr muh panties xd" and removed all those sex jokes that made the panties stuff good.
>>
>>316465350
In DD it's only very minor, though. An entire day (investigation + court) spent on it is on a whole other level.
>>
>>316465197

because anime drama
>>
>>316465197
The whole death thing is kind of weird though, yeah. He still keeps in contact with Gumshoe (which is kind of cute), but remember this guy is an antisocial as fuck awkward dude who might've thought that leaving something like that would be a good idea.

Then again the resolution to it in 2-4 is amazing, so hey.
>>
>>316465743
Yeah, I guess his awkwardness would help explain it. I just can't help cracking up every time Phoenix gets triggered by someone bringing up Edgeworth.
>>
>>316466130
Yeah, that always came across to me as overreacting, but then he did think he was a retard for fucking off because he perfect record was broken.
>>
>>316463875
NEVER EVER
>>
>>316464610
>>
File: 1393958987141.png (227 KB, 518x331) Image search: [Google]
1393958987141.png
227 KB, 518x331
It took them an awful long time for AA6. I mean, 3 years? Does that mean AA7 is going to be 2019 for Nintendo's next handheld?
>>
So how bad will 6-3 be if AA's going to follow the route of even numbered -3 cases being terrible?

Will it start with Gumshoe coming back and then dying?
>>
>>316468307
If only the DLC had been in the game instead of being cut in DD, case 3 in that game would have been the best in the game
>>
>>316467779
DGS counts as an AA game so there's that.

>>316468307
>even numbered -3 cases being terrible?
I liked I2-3.
>>
File: 53283720.png (636 KB, 744x797) Image search: [Google]
53283720.png
636 KB, 744x797
>>316465350
>Panties jokes were all right because it led to sexual innuendos.
Even that gets old halfway through 4-2 imo, the series had plenty of inuendo without being that blunt about it. Maybe because of the way it's written or whatever but it's just not that funny a running gag.
>>
>>316465350
>removed all those sex jokes that made the panties stuff good.
details?
>>
>>316468307
vsLayton's best case is the third one
>>
>>316463698
>yfw new game out
>yfw no maya
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.