[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13
what happened?
>>
>>316461781
When your product gets released it's harder to lie about it.
See also: the entire gaming industry
>>
File: Xbox One.jpg (1 MB, 2794x1531) Image search: [Google]
Xbox One.jpg
1 MB, 2794x1531
Who knows?
>>
>>316461781
>draws more processing power from cloud
Quick question, are people really this fucking stupid?
>>
File: 1369235895626.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
1369235895626.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>316461897
>people laugh at how large your console is
>respond by making one the size of a parking lot
>>
It seems to help in some aspect. We saw a tech demo of crackdown 3 of cloudless xbone vs cloud xbone. Destruction in the cloudless xbone was fuckin terrible with frames dropping PowerPoint levels. Cloud bone was able to all with little to no frame drops
>>
I just realized that this "powered by the cloud" marketing bullshit was the "blast processing" of this gen. And people ate it too, at least for a time.
>>
Luddites made them get rid of it.
>>
>>316461896
>read the article
>it's actually all perfectly reasonable and they outright state it's useless for anything but "latency-insensitive computation"
>>
>>316461993
it helps when everyone repeats the story for you
>>
>>316461781
>what happened?
nothing. it's all marketing bullshit and I bet even if it did what it was supposed to only about 20% of Xbone owners could/would use it.
>>
>>316461897
>all that fucking advertising for ryse
>not even months after its release its completely forgotten
>it even got a pc port that nobody cared about
>pretty sure it bankrupted crytek

What a piece of shit that was.
>>
>>316462095

Blast processing was not bullshit, it was just a marketing term for the fact that the Genesis could just plain do things the SNES can't due to it's faster hardware.

To be fair, there were things the SNES could do that the Genesis couldn't too.
>>
>>316462004
That thing was real? I always thought it was a shop.
>>
File: 1410586169690.png (374 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1410586169690.png
374 KB, 576x432
>>316462364
>see interviews about how you can't fail the QTE's
>"It's for midcore gamers."
>>
>>316461781
sony ponies ruined everything by crying (even though the ps4 was gonna be the same) and they cut the xbox won's online connectivity
>>
It really is amazing.
Despite being the laughing stock of gaming before E3 even rolled around, the Xbone still managed to sell more units than the WiiU. Not to mention all the money from Xbox Live subscriptions.
>>
>>316462564
>sony ponies ruined everything by crying
I think you mean the whole gaming community who thought it was fucking stupid to have 24/7 connectivity and draconian drm features no matter who fucking does it.

Try not to suck on that corporate cock too much, little sheep.
>>
>>316462763
and everyone flocked to sony, their saviors who simply had the good sense to lie through omission about their plans and quietly backpedal
>>
>>316462609
This gen has been really odd as we basically knew what would happen once they had been announced

The WiiU went no where, Xbone shot itself in the foot, PS4 sold very well by just being a console and PC continued to grow. This was never a competition
>>
"Cloud" is a shitty buzzword.
>>
File: 1411722951736.gif (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1411722951736.gif
12 KB, 500x500
>>316461897
>Beta tested in the future.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 391x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 391x265
>>316462609
To be fair they did make quite a turnaround in their strategy once that Bazynga docuhebag got fired and Phil Spencer took over, it's nice seeing them more focused on games now even if they still suck.

I don't know if I'll even buy a next gen console until late next year, the xbone is the only one I have a slight interest in and that's only because my friends have it and I don't feel like building a PC right now.
>>
>>316462874
I still don't understand why the PS4 is doing so good right now (as someone who fucking loves the PS3), I'm guessing it's just because of the multiplats running better or some shit.
>>
>>316462979
It's pretty simple really, Casuals have less than zero interest in the WiiU, the Xbone has never been able to shake off it's bad rep plus it hasn't found anything to make it look good and PC still scares casuals.

This just leaves the PS4, it doesn't have any bells or whistles but it can play their fifa and CoD and everyone else has one. It won by default
>>
>>316462979
People typically commit to one of the two consoles; Xbox or Playstation. Beyond a few exclusives on each console, there isn't much point buying two expensive ones that generally have the same games released on them both.

Xbone had the 24/7 internet connection required and Kinect requirement, where as the PS4 didn't need either. So people opt for the less hoop-jumps option.
>>
>>316462874
I wouldn't say that the WiiU went nowhere, though I honestly thought it would be doing a bit better than it is.

>>316462979
>I still don't understand why the PS4 is doing so good right now
Its hype, my man. Never underestimate the hype. Marketing is applied psychology.

>>316462902
That rat faced motherfucker.
I can't believe anyone at Microsoft would let him in front of a camera to represent their company.
>>
>>316461781
it's probably true, but since there is no game how could we know ?
>>
>>316462823
>lie through omission about their plans and quietly backpedal
>Xcooks still think this happened

lel
>>
>>316463347
It was the Ballmer era still, that dumb motherfucker let any retard run the xbox division.
>>
File: i dont know.png (299 KB, 604x467) Image search: [Google]
i dont know.png
299 KB, 604x467
>>316462489
>i-it's not qte since you can fail it, it's optional interactive actions !
>>
What do you mean what happened?

They haven't implimented it yet.

Soon as crackdown 3 comes out you can have your little sonygger shit posting threads.

So far, there is nothing to really say about it.
>>
>>316462979
you can blame the whole fucking kinect thing

kinect must be plugged in at all times
can't buy kinect seperately
mandatory online
can't trade in your games

that made me as a primary xbox and xbox 360 user jump ship
>>
>>316463347
>I wouldn't say that the WiiU went nowhere
Look at the market share the Wii had and then look at the WiiU. They went from the biggest thing happening to something only the very loyal of the fanbase buy. They only just past the dreamcast in sales. Now with this direct pretty much confirming they have shit all left for it but maybe Zelda the WiiU has to be called a failure
>>
>>316463625
The Wii was a trendy fitness device.
The Wii was installed in nursing homes so old people could play those little sports games.

Nintendo made the Wii successful by appealing to market segments that weren't at all gamers. They were selling an electronic novelty, not a gaming platform. Thats what boosted their numbers so high.
>>
>>316462089
So the average player experience is just plain terrible?

You can't expect cloud computing to work flawlessly so the baseline should be build to function without it.
>>
Between "8GB GDDR5 memory" supercharged PC and "power of the cloud", I could say at least 8GB of unified memory is something tangible that comes in the box you paid for. The cloud bullshit is not even pixie dust, it's an empty promise that came out of thin air.
>>
>>316463741
And the WiiU wasn't an attempt at that again?

The whole tablet concept was because everyone was going mad over them. Problem is nintendo had zero understanding of why so made a fisher price toy as a controller
>>
>>316463457

They sort of did.

For example, they claimed PS4 was region free but it's not, online components are always region locked and games can be if the publisher chooses too. They also claimed that there is nothing stopping used games on their system when in fact they do have a system to prevent used games from playing and again leave it up to the publishers to decide whether or not they want to use it.
>>
XBOX JUST BEAT PS4 IN SALES

HALO 5 WON
BACK COMPAT WON
TOMBRAIDER WON
XBOX? WON
>>
>>316463625
Wii U was terribly marketed. Hell, even the name was fucking confusing.
>>
>>316463741

You say that like it invalidates the Wii.

This is akin to saying the PS2 sales are illegitimate because the majority of them came from people just wanting to watch DVDs and play SingStar or Guitar Hero and make no mistake, those were the people Sony was targeting, not gamers.

I knew people that worked retail when the PS2 came out and they told me they had Sony reps coming to all the stores telling them to heavily push that the PS2 is not a games console, it's a multi-purpose entertainment unit that everyone can find a use for.
>>
>>316464026
>Call loads of games/addons Wii(X)
>Call the successor WiiU
Who actually thought this was a good idea? It would be like calling a console new3DS.....oh they did that
>>
File: 1328500496997.jpg (43 KB, 705x646) Image search: [Google]
1328500496997.jpg
43 KB, 705x646
>>316462979
There's always someone that asks this in EVERY THREAD. People are so convinced that it's purely hype and marketing, but it's not just that. It's because PS4 is literally the only console offering at all. It has no competition. Xbox One is a broken box and Wii U is a Nintendo box. PS4 is your only option if you want to be able to play most of this generation's games.

If you are a savvy folk, you stay on PC, otherwise PS4 is your only option, or a Wii U on the side if you want those Nintendo games.
>>
>>316464180
>Xbox One is a broken box

what?
>>
>>316463884
>But DLC

lol

Third party publishers could institute their own checks for their own games, but they'd have to use their own servers. They probably never will due to the backlash.
>>
walmartfag here

The past few years the Xbox One has been out, it hasn't sold out during black friday once. The first year we got 11 in, sold 3, rest went back into the Electronics section whereas the PS4 was always sold out. If MS doesn't shape up in sales this holiday year, then I doubt the longevity of the system.
>>
>>316464163
>have a hardcore Nintendo fan as a friend
>have two roommates who are the sort of the lowest common denominator and owed a Wii and a 360 last Gen
>watch the Nintendo guy try to explain what the fuck the Wii U is

It was an interesting experience. The average person literally has no fucking idea what the Wii U is for and I have no idea why they bought a Wii in the first place.
>>
>>316461781

You sonyggers and nintenbabbies and MUH MASTUR RAYCE are gonna cry your ass off when the Xbox One's cloud computing is going to make it thirteen times more powerful.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/08/06/crackdown-3-microsoft-says-the-cloud-can-make-the-xbox-on-13-times-more-powerful/
>>
>>316464180

Nah, it's all the hype and bad press that still lingers from the release.

PS4 and xbox are basically the same thing barring their respective exclusives which aren't the sellers these days, third parties rule now.

There is no real benefit to a PS4 over the xbox one, at least not yet with the pitiful libraries they have. Maybe you could argue the PS4 has the better graphics but it's such a marginal improvement and it pales compared to PC anyway so it's not much of a bonus.
>>
>>316464213

Xbone plays the vast majority of multiplats at a lower resolution than PS4.

I'm amazed Microsoft released such an incredibly weak console. It's so weak, even the normies know about it. They try to hide it with "dynamic resolution" like with Halo 5 but the game still looks like ass.
>>
>>316461897
I always wondered about the "real" billboard but I had no idea Ryse was on the other side. It makes sense now.
>>
>>316464418
>naming the xbox 2 the Xbox 360

>naming the next xbox the XBOX ONE

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>316464474
It really doesn't work this way. It's like playing a game on a desktop through a rdp; you can and you could play on a fucking super computer, but it does not change the connecting device and good luck with latency.
>>
>>316464483
>It's so weak, even the normies know about it.
It's not that they know but they always hear it is worse. The Xbone is rarely brought up in a positive light
>>
>>316464646

I know anon I was being sarcastic
>>
>>316464475
It's not that the PS4 ever has an edge in graphics as if they looked any better than normal, but it's the Xbox One ports that need to be slightly downgraded that makes the PS4 more attractive knowing that SKU looks and plays the way they were intended.
>>
>>316464628
That's stupid, but at least people understood the concept out of the gate. No one ever thought that the xbone was a peripheral for the 360.
>>
>>316464253

No, the publishers don't have to build anything to institute those checks. Sony has the infrastructure for it, they just leave it up to the publishers as to whether or not they want to use it.

Saying "We don't block used games" is misleading at best because while Sony may not as a publisher block their own games other publishers can ask Sony to block for them and they will.

Saying "No publisher would because of the backlash" does not change the fact that Sony was deliberately misleading the public as to what the PS4 is capable of doing to prevent used games and importing.
>>
>>316464750
my parents did when my bro was wanting to buy one.
>>
>>316464687
Okay, I just don't know anymore on this board
>>
>>316461781
>Crackdown 3 demo
>we can have buildings topple into other buildings and collapse dynamically by harnessing the power of multiple servers.
>every time the server maxes out another one picks up the slack with the most we've been able to use at one time is 15
If this asinine cloud system were to work you would need 15 servers available per person, per game around the clock. It is the dumbest shit.
>>
>>316464758
[Citation needed]
>>
>>316464805
Yeah, but I'd argue that people over 40 call all consoles Nintendos.
>>
>>316464959
if jimmy has the xbox 360 getting a xbox one sounds like a step back

Playstation 3 to playstation 4 sounds like a improvement

Wii to wii u sounds like an add on. (expecially since the U is supposed to stand for the gamepad)
>>
>>316462390
Yeah, like have good games that weren't from one series.
>>
>>316461781

Consoles are less and less impressive as time goes by. I've watched fallout 4 console version being streamed and - holee shit - how do they put up with it. You can't even change the FoV to 90, let alone the shoddy framerates.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 792x612
>tfw just wanted a new xbox system that would bring back the fun era of the 360 that died when kinect came out
>tfw they made a console that was practically reliant on that kinect shit and took out all the gaming fun that the 360 was marketed on
They could've had it easily in the bag and they completely fucking blew it by going full NSA on their base.
It still pisses me the fuck off as someone who loves the 360.
>>
>>316464892
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pre-owned-games-block-on-ps4-is-a-publisher-decision/0111344
>>
>>316464474
Oh I'll cry alright. But it'll be tears of laughter mate.
>>
>>316465056
No one is arguing that the the xbone isn't a stupid name. I'm arguing that the target consumer knows it's a new console while I still doubt 50% of Wii owners know what the Wii U is exactly.
>>
>>316462886
Alpha tested in the present.
>>
>>316465192
i was someone who wanted to fuck his 360 he loved it so much

the second the Xbox one was announced i was let down

>less power
>less fun
>always on kinect
>bullshit
>>
>>316465192
That's what you get for putting your faith in terrible companies. At least the japs still have some decency left in them and some care about vidya.

Even if there was and audience for the One Microsoft will shit on it without hesitation.
>>
>>316465252
>target consumer

It shipped with the fucking kinect. dont you think they were targeting casuals too?
>>
>>316465196
Yes, that's what I was talking about. Third party publishers would have to use their own servers. "Sony's tech" is supposition on the part of the article author.
>>
>>316464892

There is none.

Sony are deliberately vague when questioned about it and often dodge the question entirely, they will never answer simple yes or no questions about whether or not the PS4 CAN block games from being run. And that's because they answer is it can.

For what it's worth,

>7.1. You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher.

is in the PSN TOS.
>>
>>316465102
>remember the leap from 4th to 5th and real 3d
>remember early ps2 games making me laugh at how crummy ps1 looked
>remember the start of the 7th Gen with HL2 and early Xbox 360 releases and being impressed
>everything this generation just looks mediocre

I just don't know
>>
>>316465371
I'm talking about casuals. Casuals have no clue what the Wii U is, but know what the xbone is.
>>
>>316465348
At this point I have no faith in any of them, this generation has been such a huge letdown on all fronts and it just doesn't seem like it's going to get any better soon.
This industry is getting milked for every last nickel and dime until people eventually get tired of the same shit every year, I'm convinced at this point that we need another crash on this industry so a new company can rise up and save us.
>>
>>316461781
Something that people laud as the proff of the supremacy of th xBone over the PS4, forgetting that Sony could simply institute the same.
>>
>>316465571
the only problem there was the unbelievable lack of marketing that the Wii u had, that the Xbox one has had
>>
>>316461897
Who the fuck thought "beta tested in the future" was a good slogan?
All that says to me is that it hasn't been fucking beta tested yet
>>
>>316465475
So you don't really have anything.

>>7.1. You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher.

Yeah, I've got the same thing printed on all my PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 discs.
>>
File: 1080p60fpsorgivemedeath.jpg (627 KB, 1690x1414) Image search: [Google]
1080p60fpsorgivemedeath.jpg
627 KB, 1690x1414
>>316464483

>PS4 struggles as well
>COD Blops 3 is dynamic rez
>AC Syndicate is 900P
>Battlefront is 900P
>Uncharted 4 is 900P
>Normies are waking up to the fact both are weak as shit
>People waking up to the fact they just bought a late era 360 2 and PSVR is going to be the next Kinect

>>316465348

>Implying Sony is a Jap company when most of their decisions have come from the US since the 80's
>>
>>316461781

>THE POWER OF THE CLOUD

I knew it was stupid the moment they announced it.
>>
>>316464628
That sequencing is boring and also pretty useless for an audience that believes that final fantasy 7 and fallout 3 were the first games in their respective series, or barely even commands basic math or reading abilities.
>>
>>316464475
Do you people forget that the ps4 was also $100 cheaper than the Xbox on release?
>>
>>316462876
I dunno, it seems to be working for smash 4 now.
>>
>>316464735
too bad many games have a inferior fps on ps4 compared to the xbone.
>>
>>316466283

We're not talking release, we're talking why it's still doing better now.

Personally, I don't think there's a compelling reason to own either of the two console even now, let alone at release.
>>
>>316466523
It's mostly that everything sided towards Playstations favor, and now its the only "real" choice for average consumers.
>>
>>316465094
Fuck off underage.
>>
>>316466425
kek
>>
>>316466462
>He non-ironically believes this
>>
>>316461781

Did Phil fucking Fish shave and gain few pounds?
>>
>>316466523
bloodborne
darksouls 3
dissidia 3
ff7 remake

this is honestly enough for me to pick up a ps4, but knowing with time the library will become more and more attractive. not getting one till next year the earliest tho, waiting for another price drop/more releases.
>>
>>316461993
Are you unaware of distributed computing, retard? Hell, the PS3 used it for folding@home. How did you manage to become this stupid?
>>
>>316466962

Only one of those games has been released though.

I agree that ultimately the PS4 will probably be the better purchase because it's going to have the bigger library of jap games but I'm not going to buy a system in the hope that it might be worth having at some point in the future.

I'll buy it when there are at least three games I really want to play on it that I can't get on PC, so far there is only Bloodborne.
>>
>>316467330
b8
>>
>another cloud thread
keep in one thread, faggots
>>
>tfw i'm absolutely happy with my ps4 and I own only 2 most casual multiplats ever gta v and bf4

they just work and look fucking great. cant wait for just cause 3 and maybe deadpool
>>
Anyone update yet?
>>
>>316462979
Xbox never was popular outside Murrika
>>
>>316464290
You work at Wal-Mart, your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>316463156
This tobehonest the start of this generation was like a competition to see who could shoot themselves in the foot the best.
>>
>>316464628

>Yeah I got it on Xbox 1.
>No its not out for Xbox One.
>No I mean like on the first Xbox.

Really fucked my shit up.
>>
>>316466462
Are you that guy from the PS2 was more powerful than GameCube thread?
>>
rscottyg in tatters yet again.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.