[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you must have for 3ds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
Games you must have for 3ds
>>
>>316459978
I don't know about everyone else, but I've been having a blast with System Settings. There's a really great level of interactivity and customisation.
>>
File: lm324.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
lm324.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>316460261
/thread.
>>
>>316459978
Super Mario 3D Land
Any Zelda title
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Animal Crossing New Leaf
basically can't go wrong with the major titles
>>
>>316459978
monster hunter 4u
shovel knight
super mario 3d land
star fox 64 3d
ocarina of time 3d
majora's mask 3d
animal crossing new leaf
pokemon oras > xy
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00246.jpg (96 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00246.jpg
96 KB, 563x701
Recently beat Bravely Default and I think it's very good. I'm waiting for the sequel.

Currently playing Ocarina of Time and after I beat it, I'll go play Monster Hunter 4.
>>
Rhythm thief
Miku project mirai dx
>>
>>316462740
>oras>xy
You shouldn't tell lies anon, even on the internet
>>
>>316463016
but anon. I am telling the truth. but gen 6 in its entirety is 2 steps backwards from BW and BW2, so they both suck. at least both breeding and hacking is easy.
>>
File: 3ds games.jpg (1 MB, 2016x1436) Image search: [Google]
3ds games.jpg
1 MB, 2016x1436
>>
Any other Japanese readers kinda unhappy EOPs are getting Dragon Quests VII and VIII? Until now they were kinda like the rewards for knowing Japanese and having a Japanese 3DS.
>>
>>316463217
And how many are actually worth playing
>>
>>316463016
I dunno, I spent more time with ORAS. Disappointing yes, they indeed spoiled everything before the games were even released, but there's so much shit to catch

DexNav is the best iteration of the Pokeradar ever
>>
>>316463217
What is the Louvre thing? Just a picture collection?
>>
The DS catalogue, mostly.
>>
File: HIUID4U.jpg (102 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
HIUID4U.jpg
102 KB, 500x399
>>
>>316463313
>Pokemon XY/ORAS
Are okay. XY is a total gen 1 homage. ORAS is an eh remake of Ruby/Sapphire from GBA. If you don't care for pokemon, then skip them.
>Fire Emblem games
Okay rpg. Mostly a waifu simulator. Older fans cry about how the series is dead.
>Bravely Default
I hear good things about it.
>N64 ports: Star Fox, Zelda games, etc.
Those were great games then and they still are. Interpret that as you will about Nintendo.
>Mario Party/Tennis/Kart/Super Smash/etc.
WiiU versions are better because they're a home console version. But those are nice holdovers before WiiU versions.
>Paper Mario Sticker Star
Killed the series. RIP
>Super Mario 3D Land
Fun game. Kind of has a WiiU version though. Still fun though.
>Chibi Robo
dumb down 2d version of the original 3d game.
>Kid Icarus
one of /v/'s favorite 3DS games.
>Monster Hunter 4U
Great game. Not for everyone though. Try demo first.
>Animal Crossing New Leaf
Really comfy game. Interpret that as you will.

I don't have/played the other games.

Best game is Monster Hunter desu senpai
>>
>>316463485
It is a shame it will be gone next game because Game Freak is incompetent and takes three steps backward for every step forward in every new generation.
>>
>>316459978

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Bravely Default
Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Fire Emblem Awakening
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (eshop title)
various Sega 3D classics
>>
>>316463256
you still have island days and a version of FE if safe from NoA
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>people recommending mainline Pokemon

It's like you only know suffering
>>
>>316463486
it's some kind of museum guide they sell at that museum
notable because it's one cart that works on both USA and europe 3DSes
>>
Thinking of picking up a new 3ds soon
The regular sized black N3ds just started selling in Aus so i think i'll be getting that just because i prefer the matte black over glossy XL

Are the screen sizes that different? I was happy with the 3DS XL screen size but i mainly use that for emulating other games so i'm keeping it on a lower firmware.

But now that we've got the new mystery dungeon game, zelda games and a few dragon quest games coming out i think it'll be good to pick one up sooner than later. Also still gotta try xenoblade and MHU

Have a dozen digital games on my XL, do i just transfer the system info to the N3ds and move the data via SD?

so on the fence about buying it though, convince me guys
>>
>>316466574
You should get it, just don't transfer the old games unless you don't mind losing your save data for them.

I envy you for being able to get a regular N3ds. Here in the US the only way you can get one is through an animal crossing bundle.
>>
I'm thinking about buying a 3ds. Might get fucked if a new handlheld comes our next year but oh well.

Is it better to get a 32gig sd card or just buy the cards?
>>
>>316467212

Wait so how would i avoid losing save data?

I was planning on buying the n3ds and transferring all my XL's game info and shit to the n3ds and then transferring all the game data via sd cards, would that not work?

Also i know you're pain mate, I wasn't even planning on getting a n3ds but eb games in aus brought the black one out of nowhere. I asked one of the clerks almost half a year ago if there was ever going to be plans to bring over the regular black version and she said most likely not.

god damn it looks good though, the default black plates with the snes button colour scheme looks beautiful
>>
So 3DS bros, I've been skipping on a lot of 3DS games lately, even though a bunch of them interest me. I'm definitely buying SPMD, but I want to get another game along with it.

Out of
>Chibi Robo Ziplash
>DBZ Extreme Butoden
>Senran Kagura 2
>LBX
>Project Mirai
>Yokai Watch
>Triforce Heroes
>Legend of Legacy
>Rodea
Which one of these should I get?
Yeah I know it's long list so any anon experiences about these games are appreciated.
If it helps, I haven't played a SK or miku game before but I like rhythm and beat em ups.
>>
>>316460261
>System Settings
>Not the hit title ?????????????? by ????????
>>
>>316467268
>32gig sd card
That's a shitload of games.
Like how many games do you want to have downloaded at once?
>>
>>316468276

not him but a decent 32 gig micro sd is only about $32

better safe than sorry if you're getting digital games
>>
>>316468276
I hate redownloading. I'd rather just get physical games if I have to redownload.
>>
>>316463313
47 of them are worth playing.
>>
Got a new 3ds xl for 130, with a charger and 3d land, did I do good?
>>
>>316468853

sounds like a good deal, was it preowned?
>>
>>316468015
Tri Force Heroes is awesome, but if you think about playing it you should get it ASAP because the servers are likely to turn into a ghost town in 1-2 months. Thankfully there is a free DLC coming out soon that should add to the longevity.
>>
>>316460261
To this day, I still don't know why people leave the System Settings open, or why they configure the shit on the subway.
>>
>>316469039
Forgot to add that there is a free demo with online multiplayer avaliable on the eShop, so try it out if you can.
>>
>>316469096
anon...
>>
>>316469039
>the servers are likely to turn into a ghost town in 1-2 months

Couldn't we just get threads up to share friend codes for US/ EU for those who want to play it with others?
>>
I finished zero escape: VLR recently and I have to say it is the best 3DS game I have ever played. I feel so empty right now, what 3ds game can fill this hole /v/?
>>
>>316469406

Have you played 999? If not, play it, anon.
>>
>>316469406
Play 999.
>>
>>316469617
>>316469619

different anon, i still have 999 sitting around somewhere never touched. Is it that great of a game? i see it discussed sometimes but i never had the time to get into it
>>
>>316469707
Yeah it's pretty good if you like puzzle games and text adventures.
>>
>>316469406
999, The entire Ace Attorney series.
>>
>>316469617
I have finished 999, it's what pushed me to play VLR. Why can't part 3 come soon fuck.
>>
Anyone know if 3DS can run roms yet?
>>
>>316469763
Just be glad you weren't waiting for the third game when they said that it wasn't going to be made like a lot of us were.
>>
>>316468276
not him but on my softmodded 3DS i have 20 full games on the SD plus some DLC and patches, it's around 32GB out of my 64GB microSD
>>
>>316469707
If you have even the slightest interest in story-driven games, play it now. I marathoned it and finished in like two days.
Also don't ask /v/ about it because you're begging for spoilers.
>>
The only fun game i've found is MH4U
Everything else feels like generic nintendo kiddie shit that I've already played a million times
>>
>>316470765

yeah i knew i'd play it someday and intentionally looked away whenever i saw mention of it.

i'll probably give it a go soon actually, have a break off uni for the next few months and i need a hobby to fill in a little time
>>
>>316470986
>i need a hobby to fill in a little time
Like I said, I finished the whole thing in a couple days of (admittedly pretty intense) play.
There's multiple routes, some longer than others, but you're going to want to replay and try to get most/all of them just to learn more of the story. All up you're probably looking at about 20 hours to get every ending.
>>
>>316471479

sounds pretty interesting, so it's basically a visual novel with some escape the room puzzles thrown in?
>>
>>316471608
Yeah, pretty much.
Just be aware that there will be sections where you'll be doing nothing but reading and pressing A to progress the text for upwards of 10 minutes, or even 20. It's actually very well-written and compelling, so that's not really a problem.
>>
>>316471608
Yeah, pretty much. Though I'll tell you that there's no skipping through routes and only a button to speed through the text so you'll have to complete some of puzzles again before you go on the next route.

Luckily they at least address this in the sequel and add a flow chart that lets you jump to parts you've already completed.
>>
>>316472062
>>316472095

nice nice, sounds good thanks anon
>>
>>316466574
Never thought I'd be jealous of Australia. But I hope that we get the fucking black 3DS.
>>
File: IMG_20150514_185400.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150514_185400.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>316463217

Nice, how much did it cost ya?
>>
>>316463879
And soon, Hit It Until It Dies X.
>>
>>316468015
Yo-kai Watch since you're into Pokemon. Seeing as TPC/Nintendo skipped out on a mainline this year, this is probably the next best thing.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.