[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get the Power Armor in the first hour of the game (It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: fallout-4-power-armor[1].jpg (187 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-power-armor[1].jpg
187 KB, 600x450
>Get the Power Armor in the first hour of the game (It's not even about if you know where to look, it's literally in the next town over.)
>Because of gameplay reasons, you can't use the Power Armor forever and has a very limited time of use, and Fusion Core's are now treated as ammunition
Honestly who thought this was a good idea? It would have been perfectly fine if you could only get the Power Armor later in the game, but instead, they drastically retcon something and blow their load immediately. Getting the Power Armor is incredibly underwhelming, and frankly, I haven't used it since getting it because I don't feel like wasting Fusion Core's. The idea is that you bring it along when you know you're going to get into a difficult fight, but because of the randomness, you won't know when to bring it along.
>>
>>316442154
>retcon
Thank god, for a second there I thought this wasnt a bait thread
>>
>>316442154
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>Put on Enclave helmet.
>Nobody notices.

:(
>>
In this games defence, Fallout 3 and NV handled the Power armor wrong. The armor was designed to run on Fusion energy, and the other Fallouts ran it limitless.

But yeah, Ive used it in one mission since getting it. I assume Ill use it more when I can make Fusion cores last longer.
>>
>>316443070
1 word
CASH SHOP
>>
>>316442154
is it possible to hang/mount it in that rack?
>>
>>316442154

From a Fluff Standpoint, I can understand why Power Armor is the way it is in FO4. It wasn't meant to be your every-day armor, it was meant for oh-shit situations. Like, "Yeah, massive offensive on this enemy flank. Send in some Power Suits" or "VIP on the move. Let's toss a couple Power Armors in the convoy for heavy support." And with Fusion Cores being so much less powerful/full in comparison to 200 years ago, their reduced lifetime is understandable to a degree. T-60's with fresh, full-power Fusion Cores that could be swapped out live in the field by other soldiers in other Power Armors is fine, even.

However, from a gaming standpoint, I feel that giving players a Super Suit that:
A: Still isn't too much more super than normal;
B: Has a very restrictive time limit that forces players to prioritize escape and get anxious in battles not over living, but "wasting a Fusion Core"
C: Requires rare items to work for a limited time even
D: Adds basically nothing to the game
Is just not fun at all.

While the old FOs were technically incorrect by Fluff, I feel that their versions of Power Armor were more fun, friendly, and better overall.
>>
I just used the console and gave myself a trillion fusion cores, so I can actually use it. I like the way they implemented it to be honest.
it's a fun way to spend time until the mods and expansions come out.
>>
How was power armor powered in every other game?
>>
>>316443260
Nah. You get handed fusion cores later on, looting 4-5 in random containers.
>>
>>316444042
nigga wut?
>>
>>316444243
No fusion cores in all other games.
>>
>>316442279
The description of Power Armor in Fallout 1 describing the Fusion Cores being able to power it for hundreds of years, fuck of bethdrone.
>>
>>316443260
I have 8 fusion cores on my lvl 15 character...
>>
>>316444352
I guess the fusion cores were just permanently built in.
>>
>>316444042
Fallout 1 and 2, fusion core/packs that were built in and basically lasted forever lore-wise
Fallout 3 and NV they were no different from normal armor pieces you equip like leather or metal armor, and just had really good stats.

FO4 actually made you feel strong in it, but unless you go INT for the super long lasting fusion cores it won't be worth it. Also you not only cannot repair the frames on the field, you cannot repair the armor on the field. So its really shit because if you get fucked up and don't just reload, you need to drag that shit back.
>>
Did all you guys beat the deathclaw in the beginning when you first get the armour?

Mine's stuck in a hole and I don't know if I should kill him or not.
>>
>changing how ammo works in mass effect
>now this

fuck off
>>
>>316444695
sounds like u got a new deathclaw pet bro
>>
You can take the intelligence perk that makes cores last longer, and it feels like higher tier power armor is more efficient. One core lasted like 2+ hours of playtime in my T-60 and a core is only like 400 caps. I'm lvl 22 and I have 16 cores. Not playing on survival or whatever though.
>>
>>316444762
>now
The biggest change happened 7 years ago with Fallout 3 m8, where Power Armor is actually just really good armor that is powered by your wildest imagination.
>>
File: 1446879654193.png (7 KB, 349x298) Image search: [Google]
1446879654193.png
7 KB, 349x298
How do you guys honestly have trouble finding fusion cores?
Im level 16 with 21 cores, 3 spent, and I don't even have the perk that supposedly makes you find more.
Military green containers regularly contain 4 of them for some reason.
Hard difficulty.
>>
>>316442154
>>
>>316444695
Push some of your dudes into the hole and see what happens.
>>
>>316444907
sweet!

>>316445665
lol I'm gonna try this
>>
>>316442154
I actually really like how the armor is now, it feels satisfying hoping into a mech suit and really drives home how powerful it is.
>>
>>316442154
Guys, I need some advice. I have a Lenovo Y50 with GTX860m. I installed Fallout 4 yesterday, but the game was crashing on startup. I rollbacked the driver to the previous one, but now the game is lagging immensely. One would think that after I'd been able to run Skyrim at Ultra, and GTA 5 and Witcher 3 in high (or at least med), I'd be able to play FO4 at least at Low.

Do you have any idea why is that?
>>
>>316446252
Turn off godrays
>>
>>316446367
Will it work? It's lagging so much I can't even make my character.
>>
>>316446478
no
>>
>>316442154
>complaining about power armour being more important
>complaining about limited fusion cores when i have 26 cores plus the perk that makes them last twice as long
>>
I know Fallout 4's approach to Power Armor makes a lot more sense and fits the universe way better, but it's so much less cool and fun than 3 and NV. I'd much rather just wear it like other armor and clothes instead of having to use it like a fairly limited use vehicle suit that needs to be repaired piece by piece and runs on battery packs.
>>
>Complaining that power armor is actually powered now
>>
If the power armour in fo4 has weight, then it's just complete trash.
>>
>>316442807
>kill the vault 81 guy
>put on his suit
>go to vault 81
>nobody notices
>>
>>316446958
The problem is that the power source is very limited when it has already been made clear in past games that it shouldn't be
>>
>>316442154
>187 KB
>Anonymous 11/13/15(Fri)00:09:00 No.3164421
30 hours in i have like 80 fusion cores and i use the power armor all the time
>>
>>316447181
I had 10 fusion cores in the first 5-6 hours of gameplay
>>
>>316445524
Hard here as well, and I have 27 fusion cores. Probably have blown through 3 or so. Also have 2 suits and enough parts for a 3rd. 13 hours in. Do people even pay attention to things?

Not to mention Trashcan Carla sells them from time to time.
>>
Why do power suits suddenly require a fusion core? Are they different suits then the ones in previous fallout games?
>>
File: XJKSGfo.jpg (89 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
XJKSGfo.jpg
89 KB, 488x516
>>316442154
>>
>>316445736
Post results of the sacrifice, fag
>>
>>316443070
Fusion energy was supposed to last thousands of years, though. It didn't need to constantly be replaced
>>
how fast do fusion cores run out? I have 20 of them now and I'm afraid to use them. Will I be able to use the power armor for a good amount of time or will I burn through the cores very quickly?
>>
>>316447752
just don't sprint or melee too much. Cores last quite awhile if you're walking. By the time you burn through those 20, you'll have 20+ more. People who burn through them try to sprint in the armor like idiots.
>>
File: 2015-11-11_00003.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-11_00003.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
Playing on survival I think it has it's uses. I went up against the raider camp right outside of that camp with professor goodfeels at like level 11 because i used a single fusion core to go toe to toe with their power armor wielder.

I then fought the legendary raider shooting as fast as I could pull the trigger with my hairpin 10mm while in psychojet matrix mode. I had to though because his health was rising faster than I could damage him. It was a fucking badass fight.

Managed to get a decent screenshot too.
>>
File: 1400788219027.jpg (76 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1400788219027.jpg
76 KB, 612x612
>>316447437
>Mfw you can just buy fusion cores from most traders
>>
>>316442154
It is a good idea tho. The power cores are everywhere you look at low levels and having the armor itself isn't the reward, modifying it and later on adding all the special features to each part is a continuing process of endgame gear. I'm lvl 20 so far and I've rarely needed it, only if a boss fight is coming up or I find a monster that is too tough to beat I use it. Its a nice feeling having a big suit of armor back at base that if shit gets too hairy I can just bail and come back to wreck shit.
>>
>>316447638
They always required a fusion core, but when FO3 released, Bethesda went lazy with the lore and just made power armor like every other armor.
>>
It's better than NV or FO3 where you just throw it on. To me it doesn't feel very limiting, you can go pretty long on a single fusion core and they're really not that rare. I would've preferred they required you to get a perk or do some sort of mission for power armor training since it is unrealistic that you can just throw the suit on and you're good to go, though. Besides that, the frames themselves are pretty common, I just hit level 20 and I've got the one you get at the start and two more just lying around, in addition to the armor they have. The fusion core requirement means you can't just use it all the time, which would be pretty fucking gay.
And you can customize it with all sorts of neat shit so that's cool too, I'm looking forward to an unarmed route with the upgraded bracers.
>>
Not to defend shitty game design but I don't suppose modders might fix that? I have no intents to buy or play until a GOTY Edition comes out like with every other Beth vidya
>>
File: 1447395058001.jpg (302 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1447395058001.jpg
302 KB, 1280x800
>beth attempts to make a retrofutrisistic train
>>
>>316446852
you faggots will complain no matter what they do
>>
>>316447981
Ah, I've never played the fallouts before 3 so I didn't know that
>>
>>316448063
>shitty game design
>being able to put on separate pieces of power armor in fo3/nv
>not being powered by anything
fuck off casual
>>
Don't act like power armor wasn't always retarded in execution since the first games.
>make sure not to be too strong or the strictly best armor with no downside that you should always get will just waste the bonus
>dress up like a generic enemy soldier for the entire endgame (or however much game is left after you potentially decide to get it like 15 minutes into Fallout 2), no real options or ways to make other gear effective

I wish there were at least different types of power armor that were good at different things.
>>
The problem with power armor is not being able to fix it on the field, not that it takes fusion cores that seem to last as long as AA batteries

I am flooded with fusion cores, but you cannot repair it on the field.
>>
>>316447539
The problem is not that they are hard to get, it's that it goes against the established canon
>>
>>316448407
No, the problem is that there are a limited number of cores.
>>
>>316448250
Seems more of a lore inconsistency if anything m8

What if I wanted to go around 24/7 pretending to be a spess muhreen
>>
>>316442154

>two hours into the game
>swimmining in power cores
>a single core lasts an hour
>can loot them from baddies too
>can buy them for dirt cheap

The limitng factor for power armor is not power cores, it is armor maintanence.
>>
>>316448584
>implying you can't buy them from traders
>>
>>316448407
'Gameplay canon' isn't real canon anyone has to adhere to. They can simulate hunger if they want to even if it wasn't done before.
>>
So how the fuck do you transport power armor? Are you actually supposed to wait til you need it, teleport to settlement, grab armor, telephoto back to quest, use it, telephoto back to settlement and drop it off, and then telephoto back to the quest?

It can't be that retarded
>>
The fact that they changed the gameplay mechanics of power armor is a great idea. In 3 and NV there's nothing that differentiates it from any other armor in the game, it just has better stats and a unique skin.

The idea that you need to constantly fuel and repair power armor and that it's more of a vehicle than something you'd wear all day long is actually a great idea. That was something that always bothered me about 3 and NV, once you got power armor you wore it everywhere and it just felt kind of stupid. The modification system is also awesome as well, on the whole I think the way power armor has been handled gameplay wise is very solid.

But yeah putting it right at the start of the game, Bethesda completely shit the bed.

The other problem besides the the fact that you get it early on is the fact that it requires no training to use. That was one of the defining elements of power armor lore that you needed to be trained in how to pilot it. That almost irritates me more than being given it at the start.

Also I wore it during the entire BoS quest line up to and including when they gave me my own suit and no one mentioned anything once. And yet I've had city guards and pretty much every companion make a remark about it at some point or another. The lore / writing / story side of it has been handled so lazily that it makes me want to hate it despite the gameplay side being so well done.
>>
>>316449192
Could be explained if you're playing the husband in that he used to be a military dudeso he knows how to use power armor, probably.
>>
>>316444459
cant you tell your companion to use it and teleport back to base urself?
>>
>>316449192
I figured they'd introduced it early so all the normies could rave about it, since it was unlikely in the previous games they'd stick around long enough to ever get it
>>
>>316449185
>telephoto
>>
>>316449185
>take out a laser pistol
>point it at the sky
>shoot a single shot
>scream "Science!"
It will teleport to your location in five seconds.
>>
>>316447883
survivor mode is lotta fun. killed a yao guai by baiting him into molotov with the nigger and finish with a psycho shot and two double barrel shells. he can just two shot me otherwise, health takes forever to recover.
>>
>>316448054
>perk or do some sort of mission for power armor training since it is unrealistic that you can just throw the suit on and you're good to go, though.
Well, maybe for the woman. But the Male MC served in the military.
>>
I way prefer it this way, this is one of the few things I was really excited about when they first showed gameplay. I don't like how in the other games, you wear what you want up until a certain point, then you might as well just wear one of the two or three power armor choices because it's just so much better than everything else and there's no reason not to. This way lets me wear cool clothes, and use power armor in a way that makes sense.

Of all the complaints, I don't agree with this one at all.
>>
>nuclear reactor
>only gives 10 mins of power

kek
>>
File: ScreenShot18.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot18.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>Power armor is no longer just another typical armor you can equipped.
>Aside from jump jets and no fall damage. It has its own set of upgrades and sinks right to the ocean floor. Making it feel like actual power armor.
>A finite amount of cores used to power the armor are in the game, so you can't just blast through the game in nothing but power amor, you have to pick and choose which encounters you want to bring it to
>The power armor you start off with is god awful, low quality horse shit and you wont be finding any decent power armor for another 20 levels unless you already know what you're doing
>OP is a fag

It's a good idea in my opinion. I'm hoping cores become more common in the late game
>>
>>316450547
>finite power core
only the "free" ones I believe.
>>
File: ScreenShot3.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot3.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>316449192
It's more like

>There are about six locations on the east side of the map I haven't explored yet, time to grab the power armor and a few cores.

Personally? I take it with me for anything near the water. FUCK. MIRELURKS.

>Kill LEGENDARY MIRELUCK
>Dont get shit but fucking meat
>>
I agree this is a shit change but I'm also aware this is probably the easiest thing wrong with the game to fix, there will be a mod to make it have unlimited fuel in a week tops. I don't even know why you guys play this shit on release when it always takes a couple months to fix all of Bethesda's horrible ideas.
>>
I'm a stealth build so only really used it in the forced segment, the only thing that intrigues me is the modding of armor since you can actually give it a stealth boy effect when sneaking which sounds like it'd be awesome but I'm assuming it'll blow through power like nothing else.

I feel like you actually have to build purely for the power armors to make them even halfway decent compared to other builds, simply because of the fusion core limitation.
>>
>>316450973

>Fallout 4
>Builds

kek
>>
File: 1446878907503.jpg (98 KB, 425x642) Image search: [Google]
1446878907503.jpg
98 KB, 425x642
Where can I find some fucking T-51 armor? The T-45 suits are a bitch to keep repaired and the T-60 the Brotherhood gave me is just the ugliest shit I have laid eyes on.
>>
>>316442154
the whole fusion core thing basicly does not matter, I use power armour all the time and I have 8 spare full cores and if you actually run out they are only 350 caps a piece
>>
>>316442154
>Give you a feature
>It's extremely powerful but limited
>Perks make it impossible to run out of cores
>"WAH, WAH, I WANT MY GENERIC ARMOR WITH A NUMBER ATTACHED AND NO SPECIAL FEATURES BACK!"

Nigger just get Scrounger 2 and you'll never have to worry about it again.
>>
>>316443373
Use the rack, it'll autoalign it.

Only hangs when it's being worked on, though.

>>316443729
>Isn't much more super.

You're gaining 600+ damage resistance with a set of T-60.

That's pretty super.
>>
>>316451167
nation guard post near the coast on the southern part of the map, need hacking skills to get to it and it has a radio broadcast playing loudly so it's easy to find
>>
File: gjgjt575757.gif (206 KB, 210x224) Image search: [Google]
gjgjt575757.gif
206 KB, 210x224
>No rechargeable batteries
>>
>Int perk that makes it impossible to run out of cores

The fuck are you knobs talking about?
>>
>>316448624
You literally can.

Just take scrounger rank two and loot military bases.

I literally haven't gotten out of mine for 6+ hours of gameplay and my cores have only increased.
>>
Is power armor handled better lore wise in this game in the sense that you have to actually get in it like some sort of walking tank? I've heard that it breaks the lore that the armor needs fusion cores to run(which I why I'll probably just download the mod to make them run forever) but was getting in power armor like a vehicle closer to the lore than just putting power armor on like a suit?
>>
>>316443729
>While the old FOs were technically incorrect by Fluff

No. The fluff was that the nuclear materials in them provided enough power to last centuries.
>>
I dont even like using the power armor. It kills the whole post apocalyptic wasteland scavenger feel for me when I'm prancing around in a giant state of the art mech. Also they look retarded. They either need to be taller or less bulky. Looks like I am danny devito on steroids or some shit.
>>
>>316451167
T-51 isn't much better than T-45.
>>
File: 2015-11-13_00002.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13_00002.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1080
>>316443729
>B: Has a very restrictive time limit that forces players to prioritize escape and get anxious in battles not over living, but "wasting a Fusion Core"
>C: Requires rare items to work for a limited time even
fusion cores are too easy to get, many stores have them pretty cheap and you get a free one every once in awhile
>>
>>316451745
You twist the valve on the back, the exosuit the armor is placed around cracks open and lets you in.

Think the Iron Man movies but something mass-produced and clunky.
>>
>>316442154
>open the door
>clip through the floor
>your son is the villain in fallout 4
>>
So many people bitching about the fusion cores, jeez. You find them by exploring or doing quests, hell you can even buy them, this is the first fallout were i actually spend caps. Also the first power armor is more like an skeleton, the parts will fall off as you get hurt... People just need to stop their autism and use the suit. christ.
>>
>>316449192
>once you got power armor you wore it everywhere
>not wearing clothes that look good

Did that on my very first playthrough with no DLC so it's not like it's something hard to do, just out shoot enemies.
>>
>>316450547

I have not unequipped power armor since I got it.

I have 10 full power cores and have yet to actually look for or buy them.

People complaining about power cores are the same ones who never use potions.
>>
File: 1287175529854.jpg (230 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
1287175529854.jpg
230 KB, 435x571
What int perk are you fucks talking about? I see nothing related to power cores in here.
>>
Why is everything overwhelming or underwhelming?

Why is nothing ever just whelmed?
>>
>>316453404
I know, fucking sentrybots and fatman power armour raider compared to just raiders and molerats, very little inbetween
>>
File: Gundam_Templates_-_Hi-Nu_Gundam.png (248 KB, 825x747) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Templates_-_Hi-Nu_Gundam.png
248 KB, 825x747
Hey guys just dropping in to say to the modders out there please retexture the power armor to gundam suits. If you do that i'll suck your dick. Thanks bye
>>
It was to show you how powerful you could be, and they take it away from you to want more. How the fuck do people not realize this simple concept?
>>
>>316442154
>still posting about it
>>
>>316446252
I put the disk in my ps4 and it worked perfectly if that helps
>>
>>316442154
>game lets player to use its iconic equipment early in the game
howdidtheydare.jpg
Pipboy should also be ultra-rare drop from final boss. They game should consist of running around in basic metal armor and using speech skill and vulcan nerve pinch to solve problems.
>>
Don't forger the first BoS quest is literally following behind a Paladin in power armor as he takes on hordes of synths.

There was so much laser fire the place looked like a rave but there was nothing difficult about the situation as Danse is unstoppable in his armor.
>>
I love this because I don't like using power armor and now I have a reason not to. The Ui is badass tho.
>>
>>316454460
The game is already out, most of the sheep have already bought it, why are they still paying you to shill?
>>
>>316454752
I'm just laughing at you, pathetic incels
>>
>>316444397

Guess what, it's been over 200 years since the war so...
>>
>>316454138

>take it away
but any sane intelegent person will kill deathclaw with other method and keep the minigun and power armor for harder enemy, are you implying that majority of player is 12yr CoDfag that will throw every last bullet for deathclaw??....

ohhhh...wait..
>>
File: 1378113019827.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1378113019827.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>316442154
>mfw when i kill people with power amoror without using mine

power armor is overrated. all you need is a bit of med.x, psycho, buffout, some distance and a decent weapon. i have like over 10 fusion cores on me.
>>
>>316454867
Miraculously all the robots that run on smaller versions of the same fuel cells still function so...
>>
>>316454852
hang on I think my character picked up a trilby just wait while I get him to tip it for a screenshot
>>
>>316454882
How are you supposed to kill it without wasting all your ammo?
>>
File: 1329103815217.jpg (17 KB, 365x385) Image search: [Google]
1329103815217.jpg
17 KB, 365x385
>>316444397
>Fusion Cores being able to power it for hundreds of years
>hundreds of years

>game is set hundreds of years in the future
>>
>>316443729

>A: Still isn't too much more super than normal;
>D: Adds basically nothing to the game

I can upgrade it with a jetpack so you're wrong.
>>
>>316454935

Maybe because the drain rates are different?
>>
>>316454972
>two
>"dreds"
no
>>
>>316454975
>>316454975

Also, try killing the Deathclaw in the beginning without the armor.
>>
>>316447914
really? im sitting on like 10000 caps now. need to spent it on something.
>>
>>316455165
Theres a reason for that shitty town having six houses you can walk inside.
>>
>>316455035
The robots have been in continuous use for 20 years. The armor is using significantly larger cells and it has not been in use for 200 years straight.
>>
>>316455241

Pretty much all the fusion cells you find in the "wild" are being used when you pull them out. I say "pretty much" because I've yet to find one that hasn't.
>>
>>316454972

>suit meant to run for hundreds of years on a single core
>drains a single core from minutes of activity
>>
>I never ran the game once but I'm gonna pretend I give a shit about it

The thread

>M-muh not canon, how dare they do that to a game I don't play
>>
>>316455229

The arguement was that the suit doesn't make you much more powerful or "super." However, wearing the suit allows you to take the Deathclaw on directly. You can't take on the Deathclaw directly without the power armor. You have to use cover/higher ground.

Therefore, the suit DOES make you super. That was the point.
>>
>>316447696
I don't see so much use in military for armor that isn't capable of supporting itself for more than an hour.
Fuck fusion cores.
>>
Anyone else shoot their faggot son right in the mouth?

The institute is so fucking trippy. If you do decide to kill your son when you first meet him their will be like 300 synths waiting for you at the exit.
>>
>>316454950
use roof and rifle idiot, chip in by running and lure. Nigger will help you shoot that bastard down. Also the car is exploding and the AI doesnt even know how to jump to the roof
After 30% HP, he will try to hide... sneak and lure him again, the idiot AI will go back to same road where Nigger sniping
>>
>>316455321
Try buying one from a vendor.
>>
>>316455092
>people like this guy populate /v/
>>
>>316451167
there's a full suit guarded by two legendary robits at the top of court 35 i believe, it's near the shamrock pub and where the uss constitution lands
>>
>not just adding 99 of them through console
>>
File: 1393106208952.png (415 KB, 720x375) Image search: [Google]
1393106208952.png
415 KB, 720x375
>>316442154
>FO3 introduces Power Armor training so the player doesn't just tail a BoS soldier, wait for them to inevitably die, and get end game gear
>FO4 gives you it 10 minutes into the game
>>
>>316455617

And where did the vendor get it?
>>
>>316442807
Do you have to find these? I thought the different models would be different parts but I guess not.
>>
question, wasn't there supposed to be helicopters in shit? Where are they at?
>>
File: coc qasmoke.png (3 MB, 1914x1082) Image search: [Google]
coc qasmoke.png
3 MB, 1914x1082
>>316455814
coc qasmoke
>>
>>316455830
you have to continue playing the main story
>>
>power armor is more like a vehicle you operate now rather than just armor you put on
>implying modders won't just take that concept, enlarge it, and turn it into a gundam
>>
Just get all nuclear physics perk ranks + repair bobblehead, so the cores last twice as long. Oh, and sentry bots always drop 2 cores, so later on youll be swimming in them. I never take my power armour off anymore
>>
>>316455321
>Every single cell in the wild has the EXACT same amount of power left in them, with no variance whatsoever
>>
FUCK FUSION CORES

WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND POWERCELLS OR WHATEVER FOR MY GOD DAMN ENERGY GUNS

REE
>>
>>316455943
Oh, alright. I've just been fucking around. went to go grab the gamma gun, thanks.
>>
>>316455995

Yeah, that's a fair complaint. All Fusion cores I find are "100/100" and that's a little silly. But hey, it's a game and you have to take things with a grain of salt sometimes.
>>
Fucking settlers stole my power armors.
>>
>>316455770
His ass
>>
>>316456025
BoS questline
Railroad questline
Main story questline

All three heavily involve Synths which almost exclusively use energy weapons.
>>
>>316456025
im level 20 and im still needing to scrounge for ammo. i carry 4 different kinds of guns so i can use the ammo i find.

then again im playing a luck 9 character. i imagine any other character could just weep through camps killing and looting everything, and then be able to afford whatever they wanted
>>
>>316455872
Jesus that is worse than the guy posting 720p screens
>>
can we make a list of things bethesda did right for fallout 4?
>>
>>316456223
You're arguably playing the most powerful build right now assuming you have enough int or agi for gun nut or science upgrades. Luck has the strongest perks in the game.
>>
>>316456260
Far superior combat.
>>
I JUST JOINED THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL AND CANNOT FIND MY MOTHER FUCKING POWER ARMOR

PLEASE ADVISE
>>
>>316454972
>flashlight drains 2 AAs in 20 hours of use
>replace AAs
>it uses them up in 20 minutes
>>
>>316456162
I rebuilt my 200 years old house and put a Restricted area sing and a American flag, If someone trespasses I'm on my right to shoot them.
>>
>>316456357
You gotta play their missions and wait until the zeppelin comes.
>>
File: 1445797045721.gif (2 MB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
1445797045721.gif
2 MB, 250x180
>>316442154
>use power armour
>sprint
Well gee, what a fucking tough choice. Sprinting fucking drinks fuel, if you just don't sprint you build up a stock-pile.

I'm 10 hours in of pretty common power armour usage and I've got 4 spare fusion cores.
>>
>>316456260
i like how i can turn laser pistols and plasma pistols into rifles by adding a stock and a longer barrel
>>
>>316454434
>fallout 4 on the shit station 4
>sub 20 fps
>bugs and glitches won't be addressed for ages

You're not any better than that laptop fag kuck
>>
>>316456407
Just don't build radio beacons or leave any fusion cores in power armors cause your "friends" will walk away with them.
>>
File: 1393987836769.gif (622 KB, 269x201) Image search: [Google]
1393987836769.gif
622 KB, 269x201
>>316456420
>That gif.
>>
>>316456415
The zeppelin is here. I talked to the airship captain. He told me I was a Knight and I have my own armor now. No pointers in game, been all over airship and airport twice.
>>
>>316456386
>Implying you give two shits about a game you never intended to play in the first place.

The shitposing needs to end.
>>
>>316456473
ps4 has better performance than on the xbone hilariously enough. and as far as I can tell the save bloat has been fixed. Save files are still way too big (10MB) but they're not getting any bigger.
>>
The fusion core thing pisses me the fuck off because power armor canonically has an internal nuclear power source that's supposed to last an upwards of thousands of years. They didn't even try to explain it away, it's just a downright retcon for the sake of giving shallow balance to a game that's easily broken by one lucky weapon find.
>>
>>316444459
>fusion cores
>not common

are you sure you're smoking right? I have like 30 of them and Im always in it
>>
>>316456534
It's in the blimp, station 3. BOS KNIGHT T-60 II power armor
>>
>>316454972
>replace fusion core
>use it for another 200 years

Oh wait, its actually 10 minutes.
>>
>>316456510
Man I never had that happen to me, and I leave my armors out in the open
>>
>>316456318
ill worry about optimal builds on my 2nd playthrough
>>
>>316456606
I have been all over the flight, foredeck, bridge. Where the holy mother fuck is this fabled bay 3.

/beats head on keyboard
>>
>>316455872
If you are going to use CHIM, why not just summon the relevant items? Saves you a loading screen.
>>
>Find Enclave armor
>Missing helmet
>Ask where it is on the internet
>Lol only if you are lvl 40 you faggit
Fuck, I guess I'll have to use console comands
>>
>>316455735
Didnt you need powerarmor training in FO3?
>>
>>316456540
Please heed your own advice and stay on topic.
>>
>complaining about the best change

I swear to god this board is literally filled with retards
>>
what is the point of getting multiple suits?
can you get retarded settlement faggots to wear the shit?
>>
>>316456318
Luck is only the most powerful if you manage your criticals well. You cant just charge into strong encounters like a moron.
>>
>>316456683
The cores are all 200 years old you fucking sandwich.

It doesn't matter anyway, we all agree it's a silly system, but it stops people using the power armor 100% of the time; and I enjoy that some bandits also use them.
>>
>>316442154

fusion core is easy to mass.
>>
>>316456854
Leave fusion core inside and they will take it. You can't get it back though
>>
>>316456824
FO4 protagonist was a former vet.
who lived when they released the shit.
he already has knowledge on how shit works
>>
how do I stop myself from using console for everything?
>>
>>316456935
literally where does it say that?
>>
>>316456932
>You can't get it back though
so they respawn in the world?
>>
>>316456935
Please, I love Fallout 4 a lot, but even piper knows how to use power armor.

Stop lying.
>>
what other guilds/factions can you join?

all i see here is people talking about the brotherhood of steel
>>
>>316456883
Do these cores go dry without being used, then? It doesnt matter if they power something or just sit in a warehouse, they have the same life?

Then how come the cores I find two months into the game last the same amount as cores found at the start of the game?
>>
>>316451167
Armor just shows up depending on level, 30+ you will start finding slme X01 armors, at level 12 I got 3 different power suits all with t45 b
>>
>>316456935
Even the Jet junkie whore can steal and use your power armor.
>>
File: 1447348342740.webm (3 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1447348342740.webm
3 MB, 1280x800
See, the game could have been much better if they didnt literally give you a suit of t45 ten minutes in, imagine going after raiders in power armour, having to sneak to get the power armor frame itself by pickpocketing the fusion core risking getting a mini nuke to the face, collecting the salvaged pieces of armor little by little, NOW you feel badass and satisfied having succeeded in getting the most important piece of equipment in the game.

Instead we get the most horrible piece of writing where some guy asks you to take an incredible piece of equipment after meeting you for literally less than a minute when he could have done the same.

Now you have no reason to collect raider power armor and have the most important equipment in the fallout universe (other than the GECK) 10 minutes in.

I swear I could not make this shit worse even if I tried.
>>
>>316456534
You should have received a mission after that one where you meet the crew. You'll meet an amputee bitch in naked power armor. Ask her about getting your own power armor and then you should be able to get it where that other anon said it should be.
>>
>>316457020
>factions
there aren't factions
>>
>>316456935
i am playing as wife of former vet, shit doesnt make sense
>>
File: johny.png (582 KB, 1280x756) Image search: [Google]
johny.png
582 KB, 1280x756
>>316456512
Enjoy https://youtu.be/-oB6DN5dYWo

>>316456935
That doesnt explain random NPCs jacking my power armor when they get attacked by a rat.
Granny entering it to kill a cockroach and then refusing to get out and give it back isnt by design.
>>
File: 1422471597519.png (16 KB, 932x1042) Image search: [Google]
1422471597519.png
16 KB, 932x1042
So was it on the roof for 200 years
>>
File: 1235434.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1235434.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1200
>>316457020
They're the only faction that matters.

Ad victorium.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS BAy 3 ON TEH AURSHIP

WTF IS MY ARMOR
>>
>>316456996
Who? Settlers or power armors?
>>
>>316455350
>>316456683

Every core you find in the wasteland has already been in use.

It's not like you're receiving fresh off the factory floor cores. No one is manufacturing them, except maybe the Brotherhood.
>>
>>316442154
I've been using the power armor since I got it, finding fusion cores is easy as shit and they last for fucking ever.
>>
>>316454460
>iconic equipment
I bet FO3 was your first Fallout huh.
>>
>>316457126
To be fair every raider camp got a power armor or two anyway. It's common trash.
>>
>>316457026
1) No, it probably doesn't matter because it's nuclear power, the batteries will naturally decay. But as I said, in a non-realistic/silly manner to stop people just using the armour nonstop.
2) you are a fucking moron
>>
>>316457126
>316456935
There was a loaded minigun on the roof for 200 years, despite the city being overrun with looters and everybody taking what they can find.

Fuck it, the computers work in a blown up village. FUCK IT, there is still good soda in the fridges, despite professional looters dying of radiation poisoning from having to drink bad mud water.
>>
>>316456819
When will Bethesda finally realize that level scaling, whether it's enemies, loot, or just about anything, is beyond retarded in games of this style?
>>
>>316457097
There literally are factions though and you gain influence and can get locked out of certain factions.

I've encountered Railroad, Institute, Diamond City, BoS, Minutemen, Crazy Atom Gang so far
>>
File: 1416118297149.jpg (47 KB, 671x499) Image search: [Google]
1416118297149.jpg
47 KB, 671x499
>>316446252
>To unlock frame rate open Fallout4Pref.ini (located at C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\). Note making a backup isn't neccessary as if you simply delete Fallout4Pref.ini the game will auto generate new one next time it is opened.

>Search for the line iPresentInterval=1, and change it to iPresentInterval=0

Also run it in Windowed mode with Boarderless checked.

I went from 5-10 fps to 60. I have a 680 gtx too.
>>
>>316448272
>make sure not to be too strong or the strictly best armor with no downside that you should always get will just waste the bonus
Oh no, muh minmaxing.
>dress up like a generic enemy soldier for the entire endgame (or however much game is left after you potentially decide to get it like 15 minutes into Fallout 2), no real options or ways to make other gear effective
I don't even.
>>
>>316456260

Combat is better.

I don't care what anyone says, the animations are a pretty good improvement over FO3 and Skyrim. There are MUCH better games, and there are times it's cringy, but overall, it's an improvement, therefore a step in the right direction.

Junk has use now, and I love it. I actually want to explore and find junk so I can make my Mods and Settlements. The settlement system has its issues, mostly with things connecting but I'm getting enjoyment out of it. Especially once I got Local Leader, and can connect all the Settlements together, and use all my stores of shit. Made upgrading the outlining settlements much more convenient.

The modding system. I like it for the most part. Better than Skyrim's system, because you still need to find the weapons you want, and just can't craft the best weapon. I also like how you can pull mods you can't make yet off weapons you find, and apply them to yours. I often ignore most weapons, but if it's an upgraded one I'll grab it.

I like the weapon variety much more this time around.

After more and more time with FO4, I think I'm liking the Perk System in place of the Skill System. I mentioned combat is much better this time around, and I think it's because they removed the skills associated with the weapons in question. There's still character progression, as you need to have certain stats and levels to get the perks, but things aren't decided so much on skill checks. An RPG can be an RPG without skill checks.

I like the new Power Armor. There are some bad ass upgrades you can make to it, like having a Jet Pack or built in Stealth Boy system. They give you the Power Armor and Minigun early because these were two things that were known to be end game equipment in previous Fallout games, but because of the new modding system and Legendary loot, they aren't even close to it now. It's to showcase how things you thought were powerful in the previous games are not necessarily so now.
>>
>>316442154
Its a great idea, you get the shitty parts first and it makes sense that POWER armor needs POWER. My only complaint is the cores dont last long enough and drain quickly when sprinting.
>>
>>316457313
200 years of radiation lowered average iq to somewhere between 1 and 10.
>>
>found power armor at the start mission
>did enough quests with preston to start building sanctuary
>put the power armor the garage rack and never used it again
>>
File: 1447355594194.jpg (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447355594194.jpg
108 KB, 600x600
>Lets give every raider unlimited amounts of Molotovs and ability to throw them miles away with 100% accuracy
>>
>>316448272
>I wish there were at least different types of power armor that were good at different things.

That's what the new modding system is for. Power Armor can fit different roles based on how you customize them.
>>
>>316443729
>A: Still isn't too much more super than normal

No, it's pretty super. I didn't notice it my self at first but power armor seriously saves ass; I can't tell you how many mines I've walked over while not paying attention or other explosives that would've killed me had I not been wearing the armor; or sentry bots I ran into.

Honestly, fusion cores stop being a problem about 8hours in, especially if you got 50% longer fusion core buff. Remember, kids. Take out your fusion cores that are <5% to sell and or keep for potential quests.
>>
>>316456976
Says right in the intro he was in the army faggot.
>>
>>316457429
To the point where people would rather drink water from a hole in the ground than get a soda from the fridge?
>>
>>316450921
>there will be a mod to make it have unlimited fuel in a week tops
wot m8
can't you just add a hundred of them to your inventory with the console?
>>
if you don't do preston's quest until the brotherhood of steel invasion the Brotherhood sends like 3 soldiers to help you retake the town.

i thought that was kinda cool
>>
>>316448584
You can buy them. They drop from Robots. You can cheat them in with the console.
>>
>>316454867
So sticking another power core in it should make it run for another few hundred years
>>
Fallout 4 is the worst fucking console-ported fps game with some rpg-elements I've played.
>>
>200 years
>"Celebrate History" banner hasn't completely whited out due to exposure
>>
File: aZk1opM.jpg (75 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
aZk1opM.jpg
75 KB, 500x303
>>316456883
>but it stops people using the power armor 100% of the time

>mfw I use power armour 100% of the time

>mfw I have 38 fusion cores still

Honestly it's almost like there wasn't a point of even having them in the game, I couldn't run out the things if I wanted to.
>>
>>316457554
The power cores aren't fresh. They've been powering generators are shit for 200 years.
>>
>join the institute
>or stay with glorious LN Brotherhood
Fuck, what do? The Brotherhood in this game are actually tolerable
>>
File: 1290585085595.png (88 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1290585085595.png
88 KB, 193x200
>>316457647
>fast travelling
>>
File: 1420261827471.jpg (32 KB, 357x640) Image search: [Google]
1420261827471.jpg
32 KB, 357x640
>>316457463
>Peak over a barrier on top of a roof
>Raider taking cover behind car on the street 300 feet away
>He throws a Molotov right dead center in my face
>Both arms broke and on fire
>Reload game
>He does it again
>>
>>316457506
And when being told about the armor there is literally an option to.ask what power armor is
>>
>>316457762
or Join the railroad for hard mode

or LARP with the civil war nerds
>>
>>316457549
You can find them in random loot containers too.

I found 4 in a single safe and 2 in another.
>>316457810
To explain to mouthbreathers who are new to the series. I wouldn't hold the dialogue choices up to a light if I was you, they're all fairly shit.
>>
>>316457156
you suck
>>
why cant you open up car trunks and search them, or better yet take the nuke that powers the cars and make your own mini nukes

if we cant holster weapons on our backs then give us backpacks

why in the fuck can we not craft ammo?

this fucking game needs a ck and now.
>>
>>316457392
>Combat is better.
Gunplay is still atrocious, VATS gutted and basically useless, stats have zero effect on your performance whatsoever, you can kill raider with a sniper rifle from mile away with 1 in perception and agility.

>I actually want to explore and find junk so I can make my Mods and Settlements
Whooray for the busywork of looting every fucking thing you find and fast traveling back to your stupid settlement where you can't even tell people to fuck off or somehow make some areas restricted to them. You might as well use console and give yourself 1000 of every relevant resource.
>>
>>316454972
What's powering codsworth then?
>>
>>316457506
Im playing the woman shitter
>>
Trying to decide between going full classic T-51b or AMERICA X-01
>>
File: cool.jpg (212 KB, 1908x1080) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
212 KB, 1908x1080
Hey bethesda finally figured out helmets.

they're finally hollow on the inside
>>
>>316457804
Actually, the trick is just not springing everywhere like a huge faggot.

Sprinting drains them in like 10 minutes and only saves you about 15-25% travel time depending on AP

lrn2gamemechanics
>>
Fuck the power armor, I'm fucking annoyed that lighting people on fire doesn't make them react AT ALL. They just keep on doing what they are doing like they are totally fucking fine.
>>
>>316457952

Why are you even playing games?
>>
>>316457073
>shooting 200 years old nuclear powered car with regular bullets makes it nuke
This is just doesn't feel like serious game.
>>
>>316457992
Love.
>>
>>316458025
Maybe we should email them and tell them wooden stairs can't hold up an entire base.
>>
>>316457992
Loyalty is his strength.
>>
>>316458089

>Shooting red barrels makes them explode

It's been a video game trope for ages, that makes no sense. Get over it.
>>
>>316457936
>why cant you open up car trunks and search them,
Because they're explosives.

>or better yet take the nuke that powers the cars and make your own mini nukes
uwotm8; I don't think you understand just how complex nuclear fission is. and I very much doubt anyone in the fallout universe could even begin to build an actual nuke rather than use the few that are already around.
Ammo crafting devalues perks so we had to remove it ;)
>>316457992
Mr handy's are just really power efficient.
>>
>>316458069
Sorry for expecting rpg out of an established rpg franchise.
>>
>>316442154
wait...isnt power armor designed to last many years without power replacement ? if not mistaken in Fo1 and Fo2 or even FoT it mentioned they can run for hundred of years.
>>
File: 1447301566045.png (307 KB, 494x456) Image search: [Google]
1447301566045.png
307 KB, 494x456
>>316456883
>you fucking sandwich
you fucking bastard, i don't even know why that's funny but it is. Thanks for making my night.
>>
>>316458041
nope gotta go fast.

any other tips, faggot?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.