[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So somehow I haven't played this yet and I've recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 5584848.jpg (71 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
5584848.jpg
71 KB, 640x904
So somehow I haven't played this yet and I've recently decided to do that. Which version should I play, pic related or P3P?
>>
Pic related.
>>
Pic related.
>>
>>316433882
PSP version is more advanced mechanically and you can play as a female MC..

But it doesn't have 3d enviroments which add a lot to the game imo .
>>
FES

>>316434490
>is more advanced mechanically
Lol
>>
>>316434490
P3P also lets you control your whole party, which admittedly makes the game almost too easy
>>
>>316434764

Not being able to control party members is retarded to begin with.
>>
>>316434490
psp doesn't have the epilogue For Answer or the animated cutscenes either.

I think the psp version is fun for someone who already played through the console version. You can go back and play as femmc and mongle all the cocks.
>>
File: MFK!.jpg (124 KB, 133x800) Image search: [Google]
MFK!.jpg
124 KB, 133x800
>>316434764
>>316435302

Sweet fucking jesus.
>>
>>316435657
>only having Mitsuru as healer
Your own fault
>>
>>316433882
i played p3p first and it took 3 years before i was able to go back and play FES.

my recommendation? I wish I'd started with FES
>>
>>316433882
FES for first timers and P3P for replays

Ignore any other comment, you'll probably get spoiled anyways
>>
>>316434764
>>316435302
>>316435657
You don't have direct control but you can still order them to be offensive, defensive, or healbitch. It's not like a single persona has a huge skill pool - the high level orders are effective for the game.
>>
That one.
Watch P3P social links on Youtube and the extra fluff.
Nothing noteworthy at all, though.
>>
>>316435937
>but you can still order them to be offensive, defensive, or healbitch
but you can't tell them to hit a target, target the ones that are down or even to not fucking move
Tactics are completely unusable in P3P
>>
I played Portable and totally loved it. The entire battle system is far better in portable and it's worth the tradeoffs.
>>
>>316436397
P3P is buggy, has shitty narration that fails to describe the scene like 3D models and the battle system is braindead easy
>>
>>316435302
You have tactics you can issue, and the game is balanced around that
Direct party control breaks the game and makes the combat even more trivial than it already was
>>
I played P3P back in 2012, it was good enough and once you get used to the VN aspect it's the same as the original.
>>
>>316436136
>but you can't tell them to hit a target, target the ones that are down or even to not fucking move
But you can literally do all of those
>>
>>316433882
Play FES
>>
>>316438315
>But you can literally do all of those
they removed the tactics you get by beating full moon bosses and replaced it with stuff like your teammates keeping you from dying and surviving death once themselves
>>
I WILL
>>
>>316440537
BURN
>>
>>316440670
TO THE GROUND
>>
>>316440670

MY
>>
>>316433882
Pic related

P3P is more dull and missing the ending
>>
>>316440743
BREAD
>>
P3P is objectively superior from a gameplay standpoint. The fact that anybody could think a broad Party AI is better than direct Party Control is a fucking idiot. The fact that FES fags would rather remove player agency for the sake of some cutscenes than play a demonstrably better game is total bullshit.
>>
>>316435767
The fact that Mitsuru is even broken to begin with would suggest to any reasonable person that P4 is the better game due to it having no broken characters at all.

But y'know. :^)
>>
I personally chose FES because I found the visual novel style of P3P too different after completing Persona 4.

P3P is good for replays as you can be the grill and experience the game a bit differently. I'm now playing it casually and am enjoying the little differences.
>>
>>316441425
>P3P is objectively superior from a gameplay standpoint.
>locked to only one weapon type
>no fusion spells, need to grind 99 gems for ONE USE of Armageddon
>weakness system lets you spam multi-target spells forever
>your teammates can block your and their death once per battle
>can rush two blocks of Tartarus instead of pacing yourself like you're supposed to
>better
>>
>>316433882

Honestly play FES.
I completed it, found it a bit of chore but overall satisfying.
P3P isn't as satisfying to play imo, gets rid of a lot of the 3d stuff.
>>
P3 FES for best opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGjPut-k-7U
>>
File: 1446778845064.jpg (195 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1446778845064.jpg
195 KB, 500x749
>>316441425
Jesus christ the AI point has been debated too many times, when the fuck will it end.

The game isn't meant for you to control the other party members directly. Playing as just MC is literally part of the game and one of the reasons it is special, especially from a gameplay perspective. Controlling the entire party makes it an entirely different game that you would play with an entirely different mindset. You are advocating the removal of one of the things that makes P3 special
>>
>>316433882
Play a real sheen megaman tensay game faggot
>>
WHY DOES NOBODY WANT CHANGE
>>
>>316445202
Change is scary.
>>
>>316444969
Persona is superior senpai
>>
>>316435302
this

if you had control fes would litterally be perfect
>>
I played P4G first and enjoyed it a lot. Started P3FES with a friend and while the tactics seemed weird at first, they're good once you become aware that they're there to make things easier without breaking the game.

I had loads more fun with P4G when I used tactics instead of direct commands

FES has animated cutscenes, The Answer, plus a controller is just better than the PSP

>>316449168
It would break the game by making it too easy. The game and combat system were developed in mind that you'd need to be smart and use tactics instead of just spamming Mabufula and Mazionga. There's a reason P4 is considered to be easy since you can just beat enemies without breaking a sweat
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.