[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not one of these faggots that hates Bethesda on general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: Pre-war_outfit_FO4_trailer.png (2 MB, 1348x843) Image search: [Google]
Pre-war_outfit_FO4_trailer.png
2 MB, 1348x843
I'm not one of these faggots that hates Bethesda on general principle and says they're the great satan.

But do they not remember what the pre-war world is supposed to look like? New Plague civil unrest, and brutal government repression is the norm. Suburban centers are overdeveloped and overpopulated. Fossil fuels are all but non-existent, and the dollar has inflated to the point where a Chryslus Corvega costs 200 grand. It's been fifty years since the Golden Age of America has passed. It's not supposed to look utopic. Why are there so many military-aged males running around?

I mean, it'd be one thing if they were portrayed as overly cheerful in order to stifle their fear of annihilation, but they seem overly comfortable for living in an era that's supposed to be dystopian.
>>
>>316417343
Not everywhere in the world is going to be like that though, just like real life.
>>
File: gasprices.png (124 KB, 293x291) Image search: [Google]
gasprices.png
124 KB, 293x291
>>
My big issue is why did they switch to using bottle caps as currency if there's so much pre-war money lying around?

Both are just as useless as items and both aren't backed by anything. No reason to use caps instead of pre-war money or bullets even. Hell might as well just use spoons.
>>
>>316418157
Bullets and spoons would have real value since they are useful (specially bullets)
>>
>>316417343
>Live in a town called Sanctuary
>>
>>316418157
Bottle caps have longevity on their side. Also, pre-war money is still worth something, but the inflation rate has gone up. It's weightless and easily exchangeable, so it's pretty much still a currency.
>>
>>316417794
but it's not like there would be no evidence of the unrest in other parts of the country. It'd be in holotapes, or in newpapers
>>
>>316418553
Well thats just shitty writing coming into play
>>
I imagine if they did it like that, there wouldn't be much difference between before and after the bomb. Even though there really isn't already since everything is colorful.
>>
>>316418553

The TV spends the whole time talking about how shitty everything is elsewhere.

Also this is a rural urban upper-middleclass neightbourhood. They wouldn't have most of those problems.
>>
Pre-war segment is stupid. the pre-war era was supposed to be like the ancient civilization trope you see in fantasy all the time, i don't know why they try to make such a big deal of it
>>
>>316418157
Bottle Caps are backed by water at the Hub, I think.
>>
>>316417343
>>316417343
I kind of wish they either made the pre-war segment longer or cut it out entirely. That, and make it like you described. It's been a running theme in Fallout that pre-war humanity had it coming, and that the apocalypse wasn't an ending, but a beginning.
>>
>>316418157
Bottlecaps are backed by the Hub
>>
>>316419069
that was about 130 years ago and 2000 miles away by Fo4's timeline
>>
>>316418920
This desu. Straight from FO2's intro.
>The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around.
>The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.
>>
>>316419351
>It's been a running theme in Fallout that pre-war humanity had it coming, and that the apocalypse wasn't an ending, but a beginning.
it only says this in the beginning of FO3 and as we all know bethesdas games aren't canon
>>
>>316419425
You're saying Bethesda's games don't make no sense?

Shocker

1 and 2 were close to the Hub, NV's had NCR and legion doubloons or whatever
>>
>>316418157
Pre-war money is about as worthless as paper with no gold to back it.
>>
File: GamesDoneQuick Management.jpg (113 KB, 640x955) Image search: [Google]
GamesDoneQuick Management.jpg
113 KB, 640x955
>>316417343
You already know the answer to this, anon. The truth of the matter is that this game is Fallout in name only, and that Bethesda is only appropriating the Fallout scenario and Fallout imagery to move more units. They have very little real respect for Fallout's lore, to them it's a sandbox within which to work on their own games - even if it bends the rules or breaks the lore.
Bethesda believes that Fallout is recognizable not because it is a deeply cynical, comic portrayal of the the collapse of civilization, but because it is a wacky, 50s sci-fi romp through a dangerous wasteland full of exciting locations, creatures, and varying pastel palettes.

Why would they pick cryogenic freezing as the experiment for Vault 111 - the very first vault you see, and the only one you're required to see - when Fallout 1 and New Vegas showed that not only was it not possible most of the time, but when it was, it incurred a great cost to the preserved person (as with Mr. House)?

Because it's cool, and because it's a convenient plot device. Those two things are more important to Bethesda than anything: how cool it is, and how accessible and convenient it is - in the gameplay and the story.
>>
>>316419779
well then who backs the caps
>>
>>316419661
NV still used caps for the most part, I practically never used the alternative cash.
>>
>>316419965
NV was still close to The Hub, but I don't think it's ever mentioned.

Maybe it's still there. No one has said otherwise.

Your issue is with 3 and 4
>>
>>316419534
>>The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human one

This isn't to mean that the actual details of the pre-war world of the game can be ignored. It's a literary device that essentially just means that in the end, it was the same destructive impulses that had cause humans to make similar mistakes in the past that bought about the war. The original games still went into a good deal of detail as to what the pre-war world was like, so it's not like it was pointless the the game developers.
>>
>>316420131
Fluff. It was pointless to the games
>>
Fallout 4 doesn't seem like a wasteland, it looks more like it just suffered a big storm and has been untouched for a decade.
>>
why does Bethesda think it would be a stretch to include a generic NCR soldier in the game or some shit so the Fallout world can feel more cohesive
>>
>>316417343

Yeah, I'm sure having a APC and military right next door is a result of them living in a utopia, right?

And did you even go through the surrounding buildings things after you got out? There was a dark secret behind sanctuary.
>>
>>316420440
Shut up, Todd
>>
>>316420583
because that would make less sense than the BoS, enclave, and super mutants all conveniently showing up in the same place at the same time 2000 miles from home
>>
>>316420735
What the fuck does a SINGLE soldier appearing on the East Coast make less sense than all that shit? He could just be visiting family or some shit. Like I said, it's not a stretch.
>>
>>316420640
what was it, I never found anything
>>
File: 1413914720480.png (197 KB, 326x248) Image search: [Google]
1413914720480.png
197 KB, 326x248
>>316420869
it was a joke
>>
>>316418157
Bottlecaps are backed by the water merchants at the Hub in FO1, which is basically the biggest post-apocalypse settlement.

This, however, doesn't explain why we use bottlecaps on the east coast in FO3/4, because the midwest is a shitstorm of constant super-tornadoes, or so we've been told. There aren't any traders going between the east and the west coast. It doesn't even make sense that the BoS and Enclave are there despite having technology that might allow them to cross the dust bowl.
>>
>>316419953
The hub. Though I guess it doesn't make sense that the east coast has them, since I doubt they'd just decide to use bottlecaps and they don't really mention being in contact with the west coast
>>
>>316421164
Well the BoS went east in their blimps and I'm certain that's cannon in Tactics and I guessssss the enclave could have had cells near D.C. Or something. I can't really explain the enclave but it's been establish in earlier games that the BoS decided to move east.

Speaking of which, do you ever do anything with that huge blimp in 4?
>>
>>316419847
damn bro, too bad your post is lost on a lot of people but its the hard truth
>>
>>316419847
I'm more concerned by the fact that the protag lasted 200 years in that cryo tank while the rest of the vault was struggling to maintain itself 6 months in.
>>
>>316420117
Bruh at least Cass and the Crimson Caravan lady both talk about the Hub. I'm pretty sure a lot of NCR soldiers do, too. It's totes still there.
>>
>>316420901

I think its one of the west houses. It has a computer terminal. Go read the logs.
>>
File: loli stalker.jpg (294 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
loli stalker.jpg
294 KB, 1200x800
Okay guys. I got both Fallout 4 and New Vegas pirated on my PC and I'm craving some post-apoc RPG. Which one should I go with?
Also have 2 and tactics installed.
>>
>>316422603
Wasteland
>>
>>316422603
Play 2 then NV you fagolo the others are optional
>>
>>316422603
wasteland 2
>>
>>316419847
It's sad how much the game reminds of FO3 in story and how it seems intentional. They choose the vault dweller beginning because it's ~iconic~ and can brand the entire vault aesthetic thing. And their main motivation for pursuing the main quest is a close family member. And also one they completely fail at making the PC care about. Also the entire intro was a mess. You get registered into a spot in the vault a mere 5 minutes before having to rush inside one. And then everyone goes into cryostasis pods without asking any questions. Such rushed bullshit.

How about trying to not go into the same obvious conventions for once? NV had the player not come out of those goddamn vaults in the beginning yet again, they were only sidequest related (damn good sidequests too), and the motivation in the MQ was finding out why the hell someone wanted to kill you over a platinum chip. It was intriguing, and before you knew it you were in the middle of a political mess you wanted to sort out.

I am enjoying FO4 but I have so little desire to actually progress the MQ. Why the fuck should I care about where that boy is, I hardly knew the cunt.
>>
>>316419847
You're just mad that FO4 isn't Fallout 1-2 or Tactics or you have a toaster and your gnashing your teeth because you can't play modern games.

Either way, drink bleach you useless whiny faggot.
>>
File: 1408419370970.gif (482 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1408419370970.gif
482 KB, 500x277
>>316422814
I got bored once I got to Cali for some reason. Should I restart with the DC with my waifus as my party?

>>316422705
Too stupid to even figure out the controls. I was ashamed in myself.

>>316422761
What sorta build? Should I speedrun to Navarro for PA equipment?
Maybe a tribal bro with Sulik.
>>
>>316423002
The difference is one was made by Bethesda and the other was only published by them.

Take a guess which is which
>>
>>316422603
Play fallout 1, 2, and New vegas.

the rest are non-canon.
>>
>>316423452
Is tactics that bad? What if I just have a hardon for BoS?
>>
>>316423135
No Navarro run
Not sure about going full tribal, but definitely get Sulik as your follower. Maybe go SMG/pistol and melee as your combat skills.
>>
>>316422603
well NV will give you the RPG part and with mods the post apocalyptic gameplay part is pretty good too

>>316423276
I know the difference but it's so sad how everyone gobbles it up and they never get criticized for it outside of online communities no one cares about like 4chan. Especially so when NV came out and let people compare it to FO3 and see the enormous difference in writing.
>>
>>316423671
Tactics is alright. I'm pretty sure there's a mod for it that fixes a lot of stuff. The thing is that it doesn't follow the lore that well, so despite any quality or lack thereof, it's non-canon.
>>
Houses's pod wasn't cryogenic, was it?

Also, it might makes sense of Vault-Tec might want to invest in a sizable control population when testing new methods of cryogenic freezing, since the ultimate objective was to make it feasible for space travel. Not defending them though, everything else you said is spot on.
>>
File: 1313089844129.jpg (7 KB, 243x251) Image search: [Google]
1313089844129.jpg
7 KB, 243x251
>Talking to guy about his family
>"My daughter was killed by raiders"
>"Sorry" is an option
>Figure it means "Sorry for your loss" or something similar
>Choose it
>"Sorry, can't help you"
>Can't have another conversation with him

What the fuck?
>>
File: Modlist FNV.png (42 KB, 543x765) Image search: [Google]
Modlist FNV.png
42 KB, 543x765
>>316423804
The thing with NV is I usually spend hours modding it but it always still feels lifeless to me. Maybe it's just that beginning slog.
Here's my current modlist. Also how does I ENB to make shit look pretty?
>>
The game railroads you into picking the moral choices so hard.

I knew that as soon as I got to Diamond City and had no choice but to help the newspaper cunt that the story was going to be dog shit.

Remember in Fallout 1 when you could either help Gizmo take over Junktown or help Killian preserve the peace?

Bethesda sure doesn't.
>>
File: fallout drift.webm (2 MB, 890x500) Image search: [Google]
fallout drift.webm
2 MB, 890x500
Nothing wrong with fallout desu
>>
>cryogenics
Ain't established in F2 that the technology was faulty? People exited the pods to just melt.

>bottlecaps
Makes no sense. Even with the handwave "The BoS bring with them from the West" it doesn't make sense. The locals didn't like the BoS

>Elder Maxson
Yep, the symbolic leader of the whole BoS in East Cost. Sure. And he totally ignored the main BoS back in California. No, he moved to Boston to BURN THE SYNTH KILL THE FERAL PURGE THE SUPERMUTANTS.

>plastic and oil everywhere
Yep. There was no Resource Wars. No war with China. Not all.

>Liberty Prime
>Supermutants and protectrons voice files from F3
Don't even know what to say.
>>
>>316420440
>The backstory pointless is to a game
>the backdrop of the civilization that lead to the wasteland doesn't matter when writing the plot

Wow, you're really not the smartest.
>>
>>316421164
OWB kinda justifies this, I think.
>>
>>316424246
>>Supermutants and protectrons voice files from F3
They reused so much audio from FO3/NV and Skyrim. It's not noticeable to someone who didn't play a lot of those games, but I sure as fuck noticed it. Many of the UI sounds are from FO3/NV, some jumping sounds when you land are straight from Skyrim, the dog dying sound is the wolf dying sound from Skyrim. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but it annoys me when I hear them.
>>
>>316423062
You haven't offered a single argument against any of the things mentioned in that post.
>>
File: 1367080282215.jpg (80 KB, 719x693) Image search: [Google]
1367080282215.jpg
80 KB, 719x693
>45 minutes in
>Already have Power Armor, Laser Rifle, Minigun, and about two of every shitty raider weapon
>Have already fought and killed a Deathclaw and Super Mutants
>Only level 3

Is this a fucking joke?

Has anyone at Bethesda ever heard of a thing called "pacing"?
>>
>>316424819
Fuck off NMA autist and get a real fucking computer lol.

>he's mad at fo4 because his compaq can't play it!
>>
>>316424942
you're thinking of RPGs anon
FPS are all about killing baddies with whatever weapon you want
>>
>>316424530
Nope. Mobius theorized that bottlecaps would be used as a currency so he programmed the Sink to accepted. But this was a lone demented genius. And it was a handwave to buy things using bottlecaps. The Sierra Madre Cassino didn't accepted caps only dollars.
Makes no sense that almost totally isolated communities, for centuries apart from each other, would use the very same system.
>>
>>316424942
It just works.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-13 01-46-52-47.jpg (516 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-13 01-46-52-47.jpg
516 KB, 1920x1080
Bravo Bethesda, I did not extect this.
>>
>>316424393
It was meaningless to the player in the originals. The war was something that happened hundreds of years ago and provided the reason for why the gameworld was what it was, nobody cared about it or tried to emulate the pre-war lifestyle. In 3 especially and to a lesser extent 4, everyone talks about the war like it happened 30 years ago.
>>
>>316421164
Because it's iconic to fallout and a quirky concept so Bethesda rolls with it.

Bethesda Fallout is pretty much a reboot, the only thing trying to tie it together as a coherent plot was New Vegas.
Obsidian tried but Bethesda just wants to go with what they want the series to be, even if it doesnt make any sense at all in the bigger picture.
>>
>>316425310
>or tried to emulate the pre-war lifestyle
>what's the NCR
>>
Why are there cats in fallout 4? In fallout 2 it was explained people ate all the cats because they aren't useful like dogs.
>>
>>316420583
>>316420869

What the fuck is a person from way the hell out in the West in doing on the East Coast when there's the bullshit in the Midwest including killer robots, supermutants, tornadoes from Hell, and fucking Caesar's Legion between all that? How the fuck would they even have family out there, or even know they have family on what would essentially be the other side of the world for the average wasteland citizen?
>>
>>316423062
You sound like a fucking shill
>>
>>316425537
my friend said the same thing except that they mentioned it in owb
>>
>>316424625
a lot of the songs on the radio are repeated from 3 or NV
>>
>>316424625
>the dog dying sound is the wolf dying sound from Skyrim

>implying that there should be a difference
>>
>>316425828
I haven't heard any from NV
>>
>>316425537
I can believe cats being extinct in the West but not in the East.
>>
>>316419534
WRONG. The apocalypse was caused by aliens.
>>
>>316426025
I just assumed. I heard a few repeats and shut the radio off.
>>
>>316425901
it's the exact same sound effect, if you heard a comparison you would know
>>
>>316426304
Nah, pretty sure there are none from NV. They're probably lazy and try to bank in on FO3 "nostalgia"
>>
>>316419847
Let's not forget that the setting created a sense of wonder in the pre-war world that the player felt, much like the character.
>>
>>316426041
>fallout story is one of human greed of a society that refused to change; whose only interests were monetary value, and greed made vaults to be built for societal testing rather than for preserving humanity.
>bethesda changes it to "aliums did it for the lulz"
I stopped playing at Mothership Zeta
>>
File: 1444470460091.jpg (19 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
1444470460091.jpg
19 KB, 201x247
>>316424942

Nigga, I got a Fat Man by hour 7, this game is a fucking joke.

I also looted a sawed off +++, small star, that does more damage to mutants from a fucking Legendary Black Boatfly that I offed with a couple Molotovs.

I honestly have no idea what in Satan's name Bethesda is trying to accomplish with this game.
>>
>>316417343
Because Bethesda really like the wacky 50's sitcom feel. That's all they know about the period. And also they don't give a shit about the fallout lore.
>>
>>316426723
man I was pretty enthralled by FO3 back in the day because I was a baby who had never played a proper RPG, but when I played MZ I started to realize what hacks Bethesda are
>>
Isn't the Fallout 4 protag actually a robot or something?
>>
kinda wanna play fallout 2 now
>>
File: 1414026350742.jpg (135 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1414026350742.jpg
135 KB, 1024x1024
>>316420869
>He could just be visiting family or some shit.
>in a world where the only transportation is on foot
>>
File: 1401127049961.jpg (12 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
1401127049961.jpg
12 KB, 320x278
The only thing that bothers me about FO4 is how apparently lazy the writing is, just so they could have a voice protag.

No unique dialogue options besides charisma checks that everybody gets no matter the stats.

I also seriously hate how your guy reacts to everything, he just woke up from his "perfect world" to a post apocalyptic Wasteland, but he acts as if it's perfectly normal, besides shoving it off in optional dialogue options he really doesn't act like he just came from 200 years in the past at all, just popping right out from his Popsicle pod and happily killing ghouls
>>
>>316427179
I stopped playing both fallout and fallout 2 after finding the first deathclaw
those things are rape machines, and I never feel comfortable knowing that I need to progress some other way, because I'll will keep coming every 30 minutes just to see if I can kill it now.
Never even knew how to get the car
>>
>>316427667
just aim for the eyes
>>
>>316427623
The thing that fucks me off is the protag immediately knowing someones name before ever talking to them
>>
>>316426949
Nope, what where you expecting, an interesting story or world? Good storytelling and writing? Even just decent writing?

Ha ha, no, have a recycled Fallout 3 ending, Liberty Prime and all, where you choose one of two shitty endings instead.
>>
>>316425310
wew its almost like you're just making up bullshit
>>
>>316427623
Should the protag constantly bitch about how shitty life is then?

It's weird yeah, but that seems like the worse option.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
>>316424108
New Vegas modding is hopeless. I had it with over 140 mods properly merged together and all and it still plays the exact same fucking way everytime. It's always the exact same fucking U travel through its shitty empty map until you reach vegas. Only the beginning MAY be fun if you use alternative start with jsawyer or some other mod that severely reduces resources. I made my own so nothing outside of stimpacks could heal and even then it was still a lifeless cakewalk.

It's undeniably a good game, but it's WAY overrated here.
>>
>>316428132
>Should the protag constantly bitch about how shitty life is then?
he can if you select those options
>>
everything about the community in the opening made me think it was something created by vault-tek for the vault.
>>
My idea or you can use vats before you even get the pipboy?
>>
>>316426445
My point is: so?

Why would a wolf sound any different from a 200 year semi-feral dog, and why would they go out of their way to redesign a completely different sound bite?
>>
>>316419847
Underrated post.
>>
>>316428204
there isn't really a lot of replay value in Vegas, once you hit all the quests in a run or two you've pretty much seen everything, and beyond that they all play out the same anyways except the Legion.

I found the game really dull until a year latter with mods and going for a survivalist run.
>>
>>316428765
Yeah, that's certainly the biggest problem it has. There's no reason to replay it aside from some minor shit.

I wish I could have had it overmodded the first time I played it though. Would have been a hell of an experience.
>>
>>316428261
they say that it was a "planned" community with nearly all the residents being brought into the vault
>>316419847
what makes fallout Fallout?
real answers, not shit like "more RPGees and less dumb shit"
>>
>>316428905
the DLC sold me on Vegas
I didn't care for the vanilla game much at all
>>
>>316427623

There's tons of other stuff that pisses me off.

And I have a normie friend who already gave me shit for pirating it to try before I buy. I know he's going to defend this piece of trash like a shill.

Now I'm not going to buy it at all. I've bought every fallout game since the first one came out, and this'll be the first I don't.

He played 3 and hasn't played any of the other ones, and instantly bought 4. He claimed to be "too burned out on fallout" to play NV.
>>
I'm glad I pirated it because it's getting uninstalled.
>>
>>316428204
The Alternate Start mod does a surprising amount for it. I've been playing a new character with that, Warzones and PN, been hurting for ammo and stimpacks and generally having a blast. Very cool feeling to have to figure out a way to make your 8 .357 rounds and 24 health go the distance for an encounter with 4 or 5 dudes.
>>
>>316429056
the implementation of the DLC is so shitty though

>you just woke up from being shot in the head and left for dead
>LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL SHIT YOU HAVE HOLY FUCK YOU SHOULD GO TO THIS PLACE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW
>>
>go in somewhat optimistic because /v/ always shitposts popular games
>no fucking toggle aim
seriously how do you not include toggle aim
>>
>>316429401

How do you include a settlement system that does nothing besides waste time and resources and doesn't have a fucking list of settlers for easy management?
>>
>>316422603
Is she wearing an exosuit in order to be as strong as the adults?

That's almost clever.
>>
>>316424942
It's suck as shame that they give it to you so soon, especially considering how power armor is actually worthwhile in this game, it's not just some neutered tin can armor like in NV and 3, it actually does so much.

Also, why the fuck is the common wealth so dead looking? I hate all this "post apolypse is dead and desolate" bullshit, Chernobyl meltdown pump out more nuclear pollution than an A-bomb, and in such a short span, the wilderness reclaimed the area.

If FEV is partially responsible for mass mutation in creatures, than why the fuck haven;t a bunch of areas become vibrant areas with incredibly alien wildlife.
>>
>>316429302
It does, but no matter how many mods you add to make things as scarce as humanly possible, you'll only feel that "scarcity" and survivalist feeling in the very beginning, then you'll start hoarding in shit in no time like always.

I fucking hate this crap. In Fallout 4 I started on survival and had a blast trying to take out the first group of raiders. I got their gear and weapons with some ammo and it felt good, but then I met the Minuteman and all feeling of dread went through the window after I killed the raiders.

There isn't a single fucking dev who can actually provide the feeling of having to sell your lunch so you can afford dinner nowadays. Fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>316429706
Doesn't it actually block bullets in NV? Like in the first two games.
>>
I've been doing the quests for BoS Rhys and the scribe, recover the tech and purge the location. How many times can you do this? Is it just a never ending pointless side quest? Paladin danse wont give me any more quests either after I found the recon patrol and the old man paladin
>>
>>316429860
Yeah, the switch to DT for armour values over DR did a lot to salvage how it worked. There are also mods out there to give you stuff like visors and vision modes.
>>
>>316419847
maybe you are forgeting that time when they took an 3/10 gane fron the 90's and turned it in Fallout 3?
There literally would be no fallot if it wasnt for bethesda, just that 90's shit praised by nostalgiac fags.
>>
>>316429860

It does. DT actually works in that game a lot better than 3. Meanwhile, it doesn't really work in this game correctly. It's not a good enough buff to really feel "armored"
>>
What the fuck are you on about?
The world in Fallout in very different from our world.
They had fucking floating robots you dumbass
>>
>>316430091
I think the power cell and part repair mechanics would work better if it made you nigh on invulnerable to all but the heaviest of weapons. Also, the 'HUD' style UI for it is awful. Project Nevada did a better job.
>>
File: Stalker drawing.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1351) Image search: [Google]
Stalker drawing.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1351
>>316429584
I actually just noticed that.
Makes her even CUTER!

>>316429706
WORKS
>>
>>316423062
>or Tactics
Just fucking hang yourself you drone, you have no idea what are you talking about
>>
>>316425585
harold shows that it is indeed possible, and since legion territory is remarkably raider free as long as you abide their dumb laws you should be set to go, at least through the mid west.
>>
>>316420468
Just go all the way to the south west, looks like a wasteland there
>>
>>316430241

The hud doesn't work right in my widscreen. I can see the edge of it like it looks like it's 4:3

Also yeah, you should need to bust the armor down to get through with normal weapons that aren't armor piercing.

Also, the fact that armor piercing isn't bullet type, it's receiver type sucks.
>>
>>316427374
>what are vertibirds
already shown the NCR has functional vertibirds, and the boomers have a goddamn bomber.
>>
>>316425001
When did he mention graphics? What does that have to do with anything? Are you just desperately grasping at straws because you can't come up with a well-reasoned response?
>>
>>316430490
>AP is a receiver
Jesus fuck that triggers me. FNV was actually pretty /k/, what with P+ loads delivering better damage but wearing your gun down faster (or, you know, even existing) and stuff like that.
>>
>>316430512
Vertibirds run on fossil fuels, don't they?
>>
how did the baby survive the freezing

especially inside one made for adults
>>
>>316430512
In all of NV we see a single airworthy vertibird, being used for none other than the NCR's president. Something tells me that a single dude wouldn't end up in Boston with one.
>>
I'm just confused on why the fuck when one of the biggest points they were making was this new indepth modding and crafting system for armors and weapons did they neglect custom ammunition. Goddamn I want my slugs and coinshot.
>>
File: killua4.jpg (79 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
killua4.jpg
79 KB, 500x276
>people actually prefer new vegas over 3
its like you dont know a well built world when you see one.
the main story is bland in good rpg's intentionally to reduce the disillusion due to a characters intentions being different than your own, whereas a story like "find your dad" or "find your son" is universally acceptable.
not everyone goes after the guy who shot them in the head over a poker chip.
when do the mod tools come out so i can port the capital wasteland and not new vegas into the new engine to make you faglords upset.
also custom child power armor mods that restrict custom child characters from using normal power armor
>>
>>316430983
The F4 engine is a convoluted pile of inflexible shit according to those currently looking at it, good luck there anon.
>>
>>316430961
>>316430735
the NCR have multiple military bases and airports, and the BOS in boston seem to be using the vertibirds just fine. You don't think that the NCR wouldn't want to establish territory/trading with the east coast?
>>
>>316431149
The NCR can barely support its own boarders, didn't you pay any attention in NV? The Dam was going to be the end of them if they didn't secure it quickly and stabilise the local situation, and they needed the power. Over-expansion was already almost the end of them.
>>
>>316430983
Everything except for a few locations in FO3 is super tiny and disappointing.
>>
>>316431346
and with new vegas secured I doubt Kimball has any intention of stopping, that is if the NCR ending is considered canon or whatever.
>>
>>316431125

>Make an engine based off an engine based off an engine based off an engine with minimal effort in each iteration.
>Try and build a modern triple A game off
>People are surprised when the only way to do that is to completely fuck the engine and make it entirely inflexible

I knew when I saw this game that mods are going to be mostly dead in this game. No need for "paid mods" to do the job. Though I wouldn't doubt we'll see paid mods in the lifetime of this game.
>>
>>316430401
>NCR citizen walks through huge fuckoff sandstorms, supermutant stragglers, mutants in general, killer robots, highly irradiated areas, and Caesar's Legion of all things just to say "hi"

Harold can be somewhat justified in that he could probably just walk through the irradiated shit that would kill anything else and that he's functionally immortal, but even then I found his presence a stretch and more of a "HAY GUIZE!!! SEE!?!? WE REMEMBER THIS GUY FROM THE OLDER GAME!!! REMEMBER HIM?!?" from Bethesda.

A single NCR citizen just waltzing through that bullshit to say "HI, I'M FROM THAT OTHER GAME TOO!" is just too forced, even from Bethesda.
>>
>>316430983
cheap bait
good rpg's have a functional rp part anyways
>>
>>316431149
The East coast doesn't even exist, as far as NCR knows.

Most of the Midwest is a true Wasteland. There is nothing out there but killer super storms. Like crazy-ass mega tornadoes and shit. You'd have to be insane to try to go cross-country.

The BoS that went that way flew over the storms in airships, way more buffed up than vertibirds.
>>
>>316431431
Even with Vegas under their control I strongly doubt their next stop would be Boston. They still had raiders and gangs terrorising what is essentially a frontier (thus the western theme), they need to do something with that land before they look at grabbing more again.
>>316431484
I'm not surprised, but I'm still in awe of how badly they fucked up.
>>
>>316431740

The game speed is based off framerate

That's system level, there's NO way to mod that out.

Mods literally cannot fix it.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-08 02.54.35.png (3 MB, 3200x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-08 02.54.35.png
3 MB, 3200x1080
>>316430241
>>316430091
>>316430016
i had actually been thinking of making a power armor conversion for fo4 as soon as i can, where higher value armor just takes longer to break, and when the armor does break it has an 80% chance of breaking how it does now, where it just gets de-equipped, and a 20% chance of breaking mechanically, getting stuck with a permanent disability on whatever piece breaks(like a limb breaking but worse except it stays until you fix it), where it still blocks an amount of damage proportional to its value, and the hud/vats gets disabled when the helmet breaks, and you cant use meds/chems if the torso breaks.
the suit opens from the back with a different mechanism than what moves it around because its literally a feature im absolutely sure todd wanted to implement but it got shut down in testing.
source: im psychic
also i want to make the damage/accuracy in the game feel more like insurgency(pictured)
although i dont just want to do that for fo4, thats something i want to do to pretty much every game i enjoy because insurgency is my perfect fps.
>mgsv
the only downside is i waited until i had all these good mod ideas before i learned to mod :^]
shut up im young i have to time to learn, im still going to do it even if it takes 5ever.
>>
>>316419847
All valid points except for Mr. House. That probably changed the situation he was in on account of the fact that he was conscious for at least a good part of the 200ish years between the apocalypse and the 'current day'. May have been a different mechanic keeping him alive entirely.
>>
>>316431357
every location in nv that isnt related to some sort of quest is bland and dissapointing to explore.
>>
File: No_One_Cares_Moar_Zany_Robots.jpg (815 KB, 933x1438) Image search: [Google]
No_One_Cares_Moar_Zany_Robots.jpg
815 KB, 933x1438
>>316419847

I just remember when Fallout games used to at least take nuclear war seriously.
>>
>>316424942
It runs out of energy though
>>
>>316432142
If this wasnt obvious by just watching the scene then you are a retard.
>>
>>316431484
>>316431125
shut up.
i know for a fact that todd has a solution for our modding needs.
read: i am psychic, i channel todd howard to help me find the most enjoyable way for me to play his games

you dont need to believe me if you dont want to, but thats not going to make me stop doing it.
>>
File: 14456858379570.jpg (11 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
14456858379570.jpg
11 KB, 211x212
Fallout 1+2
>You couldn't find SHIT just laying around, searching containers found you some rocks and roots if anything at all. To get anything valuable you had to steal, lockpick, kill, delve into dangerous places.

Fallout 3+4
>200 years of wasteland, hungry people and raiders everywhere, NOTHING is looted, each medical case has rad away and stim packs, each container has ammo, grenades in mailbox, caps laying around in stashes that say CAPS on it.
>>
>>316419847
Jesus this level of butthurt shouldn't be legal.
You don't have to play the game, you can easily pretend that it doesn't exist and your life will continue just fine
>>
>>316429351
this.
>you were ambushed by three faggots and a collosal faggot in a suit even though you had a 40mm grenade launcher.
>>
My biggest problem is the hardbinding on certain keys that's found itself once again in a Bethesda Fallout game despite, as far as I know, no such limitation existing in any of the TES games.
>>
>>316425828

That's one thing I don't mind. I like a lot of those songs anyway.
>>
>>316419779
>Pre-war money is about as worthless as paper

Pre-war money is about as useless as paper that has a base value of 10 caps per unit.
>>
>>316432287

I think that's what many are advocating.

But we're here to talk. This is a public discussion board afterall, fag. If you don't like discussion maybe you should go where actual discussion is discouraged.
>>
>>316432205

Of course it was fucking obvious. That's why it annoyed me, and that's why I put in the effort to make that.

I have a phobia of nuclear war so I take that shit seriously.
>>
>>316432287
>stop talking about video games if it's not positive!
>>
>>316432231
Is there a reason for displaying your email here?
>>
>>316417343
The inflation is there nigga. Fucking comics cost like 40 bucks an issue.

Oppression is still there too. If you look through even half the logs, you'll notice that the military has and was EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>316432142
I was gonna try to say perhaps it was a small nuke, but then I saw confirmed at 200-700 kt payloads.
>gg beth
>>
File: 1447348342740.webm (3 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1447348342740.webm
3 MB, 1280x800
>>316429706

See, the game could have been much better if they didnt literally give you a suit of t45 ten minutes in, imagine going after raiders in power armour, having to sneak to get the power armor frame itself by pickpocketing the fusion core risking getting a mini nuke to the face, collecting the salvaged pieces of armor little by little, NOW you feel badass and satisfied having succeeded in getting the most important piece of equipment in the game.

Instead we get the most horrible piece of writing where some guy asks you to take an incredible piece of equipment after meeting you for literally less than a minute when he could have done the same.

Now you have no reason to collect raider power armor and have the most important equipment in the fallout universe (other than the GECK) 10 minutes in.

Also why the hell are we back to DR? NV had it right with armor, if something could not penetrate your armor it did next to no dmg, Fallout 4 has much better power armour but I still get wrecked while inside it long before it breaks down.

I swear I could not make this shit worse even if I tried.
>>
>>316419847
>They have very little real respect for Fallout's lore

Jeus Christ why are fanboys such faggots?
>>
>>316421508
Sawyer said there is a midwest brotherhood of steel, there might be some merit in that statement
>>
>>316431125

source? not doubting you just want to read up on it.
>>
File: 1426440084342.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1426440084342.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
>>316432236
>mfw Stimpaks were rare as shit and I had to pop powders to stay alive
>>
>>316432236

>you couldn't find shit just laying around
>one assault rifle in a box in a safe town; one in a bookshelf behind one mutant
>thousands of caps in equipment in the Glow if you invest a tiny amount of caps into anti rads
>luck gets you 10000 caps, the best normal gun and one of the best energy guns for free and potentially within minutes of starting the game

Did you even play Fallout 1? It was absurdly easy.
>>
File: 1407966916409.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1407966916409.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
>>316432658
>some people pay attention more than i do to the games ongoing story and setting
>those people are faggots

you're literally the faggot though
>>
>>316432557
no, i just do it because i like it when /x/fags talk to me privately, and im not going to bother taking it off so i dont have to put it on later, also i feel like my posts are recognizable enough as mine that it doesnt make a difference, just this way theres no questioning who i am.
>>
File: screensmash.jpg (53 KB, 339x481) Image search: [Google]
screensmash.jpg
53 KB, 339x481
>>316432647
>the weapon just disappears
holy shit
>>
>>316421164
By the way, you go into the memories of a merc in Fallout 4 and find out he has single handedly traveled from the Hub to the Commonwealth pretty much on his own.

Don't ask about the first part.
>>
>>316432236
playing F4 so far and I don't see anyone starving
>>
File: 1446173240137.jpg (263 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1446173240137.jpg
263 KB, 960x1280
>>316432890
>namefag
Triggered.
>>
>>316419847
>disrespecting the wills of authors and artists because they didnt follow the example set of those who came before them.
i shake my head at you.
>>
>>316432894
It happens to me a lot, it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>316419847
And you don't mention the part where the vaults turned from sociological experiments to mad science? I mean at least the one vault in 4 that was filled with junkies who were forced to go clean due to no available drugs was interesting when the drugs got reintroduced into the population, but still
>cryogenics
>disease creation where the secondary vault fails due to the staff being incompetent enough to not be at the facility
>cloning
>>
>>316432658
its time to stop posting Todd
>>
>>316423002
HAHA
the point is to make yourself care about it.
i spent as much time as i could on the wife, because i knew that i would lose her.
i carry her wedding ring wherever i go.
>>
Is there a way to permanently make the dog stop following me?
I tell it to stay and every so often it shows up again. Whenever I go back to my settlement, he always starts following again even if I tell him to stay again.
>>
>>316432647
This is how I know a faggot plays on easy mode.
I play on Survival and the power armor is a must on some quests. Especially if you play a solo character.
>>
>>316433216
I think all the vaults are fine. Like the one in new vegas with the sacrificing chamber with the slide show.
>>
>>316433262
>make yourself care about it
But that's not how video games fucking work you mongoloid. You build your experiences by action not presumptions of family values or whatever bullshit excuse bethesda wants to throw at you. You should care about the story because you had a hand in forging again like in New Vegas which had you create the story surrounding you rather than just being a victim of it
>>
>>316423002
>I am enjoying FO4 but I have so little desire to actually progress the MQ
im lvl 22 and i haven't even been to diamond city yet
>>
>>316423062
ebin
>>
>>316433117
I bet you are one of those twatter indie devs contastly spewing unfunny memes, fuck off.
>>
>>316433337
>Why does my dog act like a dog?

Damned if you do.
>>
This just makes me want to play new vegas again. Besides it crashing every 12 seconds its at least a good game.
>>
Bethesda don't understand that the history of why the world is a wasteland was intentionally left vague. The Fallout games always used the world as a backdrop to the story set within it. Bethesda are too focused on the obvious story of the world being destroyed because they can't come up with a compelling narrative to set within that world.

There is an expression in the Wasteland: "Old World Blues."
It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is.
They stare into the what-was, eyes like pilot lights, guttering and spent, as the realities of their world continue on around them.
>>
>>316430961

Actually the remnants vertibird is functional too.
>>
>>316432236
>>316432236
Did you even play FO1 and FO2?
You could easily just steal a OP weapon early in the games. It was easier than actually finding it on the ground
>>
>>316433438
i had an opportunity to have a hand in creating the part of the story that had the highest emotional value, and i literally made her look like what i wanted my soulmate to look like.
you make the story into what you care about, so you can care about it as much as you want to.
>>316433472
not yet, right now im just a warehouse employee that has perfectly good reasons to believe he has literally the best taste.
every time i come to 4chan i wonder why you all literally just yell at eachother the meanest things you can.
you know you will be happy if you can help make others happy, right?
happy people keep eachother happy, we dont just do it ourselves, we just dont actively deny the gifts and viewpoints that will make us happy because someone else had them first.
>>
>>316417343

The great failure during this isn't even the pre-war setting. It's that they drop some cardboard cutout family members and expect you to give a single shit about them. FO3 did better, at least you had some time with your dad for you to give a single fuck.
>>
>>316426723
Does anyone seriously think mothership zeta is canon?
>>
>>316433216
>>cloning
Where?

I know about the disease vault, underground nick valentine vault, junkie vault and 101
>>
>>316434014
It was in 3. You don't remember Gary?
>>
>>316433921
>i had an opportunity to have a hand in creating the part of the story that had the highest emotional value
You mean the wife that you know for 10 minutes with no customization and 30 minutes if you turned her into a horrible abomination? Yeah such a deeply emotional and pivotal plot device lets harp on it for the next 20 hours of gameplay in the main questline till we think you'll care about it.
>>
>>316434080

I remember Gary, Gary.
>>
>>316433973
you should stay away from the wiki
>>
>>316433973
There are several allusions to aliens in 4 and one major side quest where you can fight a guy who recovered an alien artifact in Egypt that made him immortal and gave him telekinetic powers. You also get an alien blaster as a quest reward.

I wish I was making this up.
>>
>>316434238
>who recovered an alien artifact in Egypt that made him immortal and gave him telekinetic powers

We lovecraft now
>>
>>316434238
Surely you are joking

r-right?
>>
>>316434238
>There are several allusions to aliens in 4
like the ship that falls out of the fucking sky?

Aliens are canon in 4
>>
>>316433874
You have to know where it is beforehand, and its far from starting areas.
>>
>>316434080
thought you were on about fallout 4, im still trying to find out how many vaults there are in the game
>>
>>316424625
>I dont know what stock archives are

Also I played FO3, NV, TES games over 150h each and no, there isnt that many reused audio files in Fallout 4
>>
>>316419847
>Fallout 1 and New Vegas showed that not only was it not possible most of the time, but when it was, it incurred a great cost to the preserved person (as with Mr. House)?

it was possible in fallout three, in fact vault 87 had four stasis chambers. I think what house was referencing to was vault 0.
>>
>>316434238
>egypt
what
>>
File: donkey.jpg (13 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
donkey.jpg
13 KB, 184x184
>>316432287
Yeah, I don't have to. It's likely I won't play it at all, honestly.

Fallout: New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time, and Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games before that - because I was part of that demographic at a point. New Vegas showed me what a Fallout game that treated the RPG genre, the Fallout IP, and the player looked like, even if it was a buggy, unfinished piece of shit. I don't have to play the game, but why would I just watch Bethesda bury the Fallout IP for profit?
The attitude of complacency that comes with Bethesda's releases only encourages them to streamline them further for the next generation of bigger suckers who've been told what they're playing is the shit.
>>
>>316434410
>>
>>316434332
u wot m8, where?
>>
>>316419847

Yeah, but House woke himself up out of his sleep early to hunt down the chip. FO4 protag has been in full popsicle mode.
>>
>>316434513
Near beantown brews a ship will randomly fall out of the sky and crash.

you can follow the alien blood trail to a cave, cap the alien, and take his blaster.

you can even modify the blaster, not with like tacked on human tech, but alien mods.
>>
>>316434091
thats just it, anon.
i DID care about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3vEbLKBTk#t=103
fallout has always been about CHOICE.
you get to CHOOSE to care about that wife.
or you can IGNORE the potential for EMOTIONAL DRAMA and just consider it a halfbaked attempt at such,
when the game is made to let you do what you want, you dont get to complain about the story not handfeeding you everything you want.
YOU have to go find it.
have some DIGNITY and accept what you are GIVEN, and what you can GET.
or DONT play an RPG.
i enjoyed being a minuteman.
i do on some level feel that this game was made just for me, and you all have to suffer through it because you have shitty tastes.
>>
File: enclave_posters.png (191 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
enclave_posters.png
191 KB, 680x545
>>316418157

>2290
>still using bottlecaps as currency
>>
>>316434513
>>
>>316434638
I think I may have partially seen that earlier. I was on a bridge with Deacon near there doing a railroad quest and i saw some smoke trail that Piper commented on, but didn't see what it was
>>
>>316434638
>>316434749
I probably saw this happen but thought it was a Brotherhood of Steel vertibird, once they show up they niggas are getting shot down fucking everywhere.
>>
>All these people being upset while I run around with a pretty cool Synth detective and a qt assault tron.
>>
>>316434484
>bury the fallout IP.
they are bringing it forward.
the game came out, you cant deny that it is a fallout game just because you dont think its like the old ones.
otherwise YOU are burying the fallout IP under your own pile of salvaged nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>316433921
If you are enjoying yourself then fine, I don't give a shit. I'm actually pretty happy right now anyway, I've been playing Wurm for a few hours now. Just don't sperg over negativity, it's something that is abundant on /v/ and many of other 4Chan's boards. If you are offended this easily, go back to reddit or maybe tumblr where drones will blindly praise any franchise they like.
>>
>>316434963
>people actually think that their own opinion means more about what a game series should be than the company that made it.
>>
>>316434870
the BoS hasn't shown up in full force for me yet, so it was definitely noticeable when something flew past like that.
>>
>>316426615
Yeah, but now we seen the prewar and we now know that ALIENS cause the war because LOLALIENS
>>
>>316434672
you're right, I can choose
>(A) CARE
>(B) HATE
>(X) CHOICE?
>(Y) SARCASTIC
it's has always been there, how blind was I to see it.
now my character named fuckslut whose goals are to build a zoophiliac brothel will totally fit in with the old lawyer woman that had his husband shot.
the drama is totally not handfisted into my face
just like the power armor and settlement making
>>
>>316435171
literally they just fly their shit around and its like they put 5 year olds behind the wheel of those things, they show up shoot some dudes then spin outta control into the ground like every few minutes. it gets old fast
>>
>>316434963
>>316435116
HAHAHA OH WOW NOW YO FUCKED UP
>>
>>316422026
There was only 1 pod that broke down naturally. The rest were turned off/killed by Kellogg and the institute during their kidnapping of Shaun.
>>
>>316434963
>>316435116
nice samefag
Filtered
>>
>>316423002
>Real twist is that the intro happened before the actual bombs fell, and the ones you're shown were launched by the gubment to force the citizen into their vault.
>Kellogg just happened allong the vault and accessed your family's files
>Fallout 4 was an inside job
>>
>>316432984
>By the way, you go into the memories of a merc in Fallout 4 and find out he has single handedly traveled from the Hub to the Commonwealth pretty much on his own.
That sounds a lot more interesting than F4s story
>>
File: 1447289711230.jpg (32 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1447289711230.jpg
32 KB, 450x410
>>316434963
>>316435116
Jesus christ, could you be any more pathetic?
>>
>>316435116
Except it does? Like it or not games are a business and if people don't like the shit the company feeds them the game will flop. I'm not arguing that is happening to Fallout but that was still one of the dumbest fucking statements I've read on this entire board
>>
>>316434986
how is telling you to try and help other people be happy to feel better about yourself sperging over negativity?
how is wurm, ive meant to play it.
>go back
haha, this is where i came from.
i have never been able to bring myself to actually use either of those sites,
and im not blindly praising, im sharing the viewpoint that allows me to have actual enjoyment of the games that i play.
i thought that might be something /v/ should consider.
>>
>>316423002
>Why the fuck should I care about where that boy is, I hardly knew the cunt.
THIS
I don't even fucking give a shit about that brat yet the fucking MC with his faggot voice always cries on about it like a little bitch.
Fucking infuriating.
>>
>>316419847
You do fucking realize everyone who was in the cryo pods didnt survive except for the MC family for obvious reasons, right?
Do you even realise House wasnt on a cryo pod? No, you dont because you are a blind obsidianfag.
I'm fucking glad Obsidian isnt working with the series anymore so you fags can suffer.
>>
>>316435629
Why are you so bitter Todd? Your game is selling pretty well.
>>
>>316435614
You're playing the mother/father of a child and you wonder why they go on about it? are you both retarded?
>>
>>316435326
>>316435393
whats your guys problem, im saying the same thing in both posts in different ways.
can you guys not actually understand the meaning of words?
>>
>>316424246
The cryogenics in Fallout 2 worked in a completely different manner involving being immersed in something called "Bio-Med Gel".
>>
>>316434341
No you dont.
You literally sneak behind a guard or other strong npc and pickpot whatever you want out of him.
I did that in both games as soon as I started.
>>
>>316433262
I sold the rings for caps
>>
This thread is really making me want to finally play FO1.

Tried it once years ago and got spooked when I found a dead super mutant and a deathclaw in a cave.

Besides, I need a game I can sink hours in to. IIRC can't you do a glitch at the casino for infinite caps? I remember never being able to afford shit, don't mind cheating a little to beat the game.
>>
>>316435781
>damage control
>>
>>316435713
The usual Le Todd meme when you have nothing to say, eh obsidianfag?
>>
>>316435528
>what is buyers remorse.
>what is no refunds in vidya/faggots just not getting refunds.
>what is gone home
>what are meme games
>what is the problem with the videogame industry in general.
there are two
one: most companies are ONLY making games that they want to play, and not what the player wants.
two: the companies that DO make games for the player get nitpicked on the most trivial bullshit imaginable on here because "it wasnt enough" even though youre all going to mod in what you want anyway.
>>
>>316423002

This is one of the biggest problems desu. They didn't even try to establish a bond between the character and family, it was INTO THE VAULT, ASAP. It's interesting because when you compare it to something like the last of us, which is much superior to making you care about a family you just met. The irony is it didn't even need you to give a fuck about Joel's daughter, it just needed to set up the MC's mental state. On the other hand, FO4's entire climax depends on that you give a fuck.
>>
>>316435997
>just saying "damage control" lessens my argument.
this is why i stay on /x/, people have actual discussions there sometimes.
>>316435229
also i think the point of roleplaying is to find a role that actually fits into the story, not forcing the story to fucking fit into your role.
if you can do both thats great, but most people cant.
>>
>>316435967
Just get your barter higher than the NPCs, you'll be able to sell them things for more than they sell them back to you for.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.