[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate the ending of MGSV? I thought it was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
Why does everyone hate the ending of MGSV? I thought it was the perfect way to end the series. All through out there were dents made in the 4th wall, and this brought it down. All these missions, saving the world and not, wasn't Snake's accomplishments. They are yours. It's an atonement to the gamer. This doesn't destroy the MGS universe, it just makes it more about you.
>>
>>315637073
>Bad boos is u da gameers :DDDDD

This is called a cop out.
>>
>>315637274
I would consider it a cop out, but because that's what Kojima is all about, making it about the gamer, since MGS1 I don't think so
>>
>>315637073
>Why does everyone hate the ending of MGSV?
the ending is fine
but the story is overall short
>>
its all a ruse by psycho mantis
check the ending when venom gets a tape
now conpare it to the main mission in GZ
>no more war games

it was all a ruse by mantis he made venom think he had his own motherbase and that everything is real
have you seen in the trailers when big boss falls on his knees around a bunch of dead corpses on a burned village?
i trie to find this scene ingame but its not there
well i think its osycho antis illusion becuse the only scene where venom drops to his knees is in well you know that mission dont ya?
also in that part of the trailer in the burned village you can see a glare of yellow lights
these yellow lights mark discrepancies in the whole games cutscenes
the REAL truth is there just watch carefully and listen

also have any of you guys herad the radio transmissions in mission 22? i am absolutely sure the radio chatter says v has come to i sure of it guys
kojima did it
>>
>>315637554
>he made venom think he had his own motherbase and that everything is real
ALSO
have you noticed when the zombie soldiers mission unlocks the easy as fuck ones?
have you seen the balloon decoys are places exactly where normal soldiers would be in a normal mission????
venom is there alone surrounded by baloon decoys
hes getting rused by mantis
also the paintings in the mansion where you find old dine
the same paintings are in the hospital
one of the paintings shows in game props only seen after the hospital cutscene and some of these items (jars) are only present in the mansion
the other ones are present all over afghanistan
>>
What ending? It's not over yet.

This is from the Silent Hills show on TGS2014
>>
>>315637826
and the other painting shows two oxes in a desert and some eagles or ravens whatever
the ox painting is and old asian piece of art that represents the minds power over the body

also vr theory was correct in some way
>>
Theres gonna be like 30 more Metal Gear games and spin offs. Just wait.
>>
>>315637971
>also vr theory was correct in some way
by this i mean that nothing that venom is seeing is real (obviously he tought he was BB but im saying another thing)
we are seeing through venoms eyes through his perspective
this is why we dont notice psycho mantis ruse of ruses
yall were mad at kojima and he actually fucking pulled it off
>>
>>315637554
>he made venom think he had his own motherbase and that everything is real
the skull unit is not even real have you seen the mist all over the missions and cutscenes wich include skulls?
for example th ctscene where metal gear grabs bb and skullface tlks to him face to face
it all seems like a dream or nightmare of some sort
this is actually psycho mantis showing venom what is going on around him
showing venom that nothing he is seeing is real
skullface is not even there

have you noticed on the big airport there are crashed planes and destroyed tanks and such??
all the bases in the fucking game are useless why would and armed force use them for anything theres no point
this reinforcs the baloon decoy statement
VENOM IS BY HIMSELF IN AFGHANISTAN SNEAKING ON EMPTY BASES FULL OF BALLOON DECOYS
FUCKING WAKE UP
>>
SCREENCAP THIS SCREENCAP THIS CREENCAP THS
>>
>>315638637
BAMP
>>
WHY WONT YOU LISTEN /v/????
>>
>>315637073
>it just makes it more about you.

I never felt the MGS universe needed to be more about me. There's already a plethora of interesting characters in can be about. Why should it be about me, of all people? I'm just some random asshole.
>>
Wholly fuck I had the ending all wrong
>>
Its about you because all Metal Gear games are simulations designed to train you for your real mission.
>>
>>315637826
>>315637554
>>315638541
>managed to beat MGSV without spoilers
>Startled by the ending, still enjoyed it
>kek at /v/'s butthurt
>read this for the first time
I legitimately need someone to straight up interrogate Kojima and have him carefully explain what the fuck is happening
>>
I saw it as more than that, although that is a pretty good interpretation of the ending. See, throughout the MGS series, we're introduced to these Supersoldiers that can wrestle men made of lightning into submission or destroy Metal Gears with FIM-92s (Snake and Raiden), while the ordinary soldier is often used as little more than a prop. We hear The Boss and Ocelot and even Big Boss talk about how to think like a soldier and knowing the fullness of life through battle, but we're constantly provided evidence that the average soldier is little more than cannon fodder. MGSV deconstructs the legend of Big Boss, the quintessential Supersoldier, and give credit back to the unrecognized soldier forgotten by history, Venom. Venom isn't even the most powerful soldier in the game, you can enlist multiple soldiers that outperform him in the combat unit. I see a lot of people complain that the game seems to imply that anyone can be Big Boss, but that's the overt point, anyone CAN be Big Boss, because Big Boss is a soldier, and anyone who can think and act like a solider can leave his mark, regardless of whether or not he is remembered as a legend.
>>
>>315639415
thank you anon finally someone listens
als o i think it is very much possible that the medic had never left the hospital (the props in the paintings )

do any of you remember that youtube video showing some kind of vr project of some sort
project omega was it called??
i remember it showed a nuclear reactor footage
some of you said it was fake and bullshit

hahahhaha its all true hahahha and you guys cant see it hahha kojima fucking pulled off a masterpiece of a ruse hahahahah fucking kojima i love his ass
>>
>You're not big boss lol
>Zero planned it everything lol
>>
>>315640198
Dis guy got it
>>
File: IMG_20151030_123346.jpg (79 KB, 600x905) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_123346.jpg
79 KB, 600x905
>Kojima keked us all
>no meaning
>life is pointless
>an hero
>>
>>315640458
Glad you liked my interpretation anon

I still don't understand how the "It was a ruse by Mantis" fits into it. Not to discredit the theory, just saying that's a little too Kojima for me.
>>
>>315640785
Tbh I like to believe Kojima wanted to show that anyone could be a hero, eg. Raiden in MGS2
>>
File: Big Boss Venom Snake theory.png (44 KB, 450x499) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss Venom Snake theory.png
44 KB, 450x499
>>315637073
>>
>>315640956
Holy sweet fuck
>>
I think the problem with the ending and the twist is that it came a bit too abruptly without a great payoff like people had hoped for, sometimes its how you do an ending that sticks with people for better or for worse.
>>
>>315640956

There's a few things off about it but for the most part it makes a shocking amount of sense
>>
>>315640232
also
mgs series has always been explicit with the mythology and legends and stuff
such as nordic mythology wich includes loki and odin and all that
guise
>13th zodiac sign is called ophiucus
>Ophiuchus is depicted as a man handling a serpent; his body dividing the large snake into two parts, giving way to the symbol used today as an Asclepius
i copy pasted that from a random site but fuckoff you cant deny theres some kind of connection to all of this

also /v/ i ask you to isten to my vemon is alone on afghanistan infiltrating bases of balloon decoys theory if you would like to call it that i think its the truth
im serious i might be onto something with the decoy shit remember what i posted today /v/
please
>>
>>315641261
Anon is writing this from an underground bunker
>>
>>315640956
While it's clear Kojima didn't have the Patriots or Venom in mind while writing MG1 and 2, I still think this is the best explanation of how Kojima tried to contextualize MG1 and 2 in MGSV given the extended BB canon.
>>
>>315641261
>Kuwabara, Kuawbara
>>
File: cheetah.jpg (97 KB, 585x591) Image search: [Google]
cheetah.jpg
97 KB, 585x591
>>315641490
>>
>>315641490
this is why eva cries when the body of bb falls on the river
it is actually the body of bb
and the bb at the ending is Venom
>>
>>315641679
No that body that falls in the river is Solidus
>>
>>315641679
Now I'm even more fucking confused.
How does Venom get rid of that fucking shrapnel? Besides that body is Solidus.
>>
>>315641490
>>315641679
Except BB at the end of MGS4 is definitely the real John. The body that was recovered was from Zanzibar Land was BB, given it was covered in burns from the final BB fight in MG2, which was the real BB. Additionally, the key to the System was BB's genetic code, which Venom absolutely did not have. If the Snake at the end of MGS4 was anyone besides BB, it could have only been Solidus, which makes no sense. It was BB.
>>
>>315637073
I liked the ending itself (there's a shitton going on in it if you analysis it). The story leading up to it falls short.

The game is sold around the idea of Big Boss becoming a demon, leading up to his climatic end in MG2 where he's using children to feed back into the way economy. But wait, you aren't playing as Big Boss and the real Big Boss only appears in the game for about 20 minutes. How do we write this?

It writes itself. When you break the story down, Venom is a complete pawn to Big Boss. Big Boss sends Venom to his death at the hands of Solid Snake in MG1. Nobody will remember who Venom was, nobody will know what he did himself, and he'll go down in history as a war criminal. All to further the legacy of Big Boss.

Sound familiar? It's exactly what US did to the The Boss. Big Boss is committing the same terrible fate to Venom, he's a blatant hypocrite and a huge piece of shit. Imagine an ending to MGSV where they really drove this point home. It would have been fucking brilliant. Now imagine if all of this was capped off with an unwinnable boss fight against MG1 Solid Snake. Seriously, this shit writes itself.

At lot of stuff in MGSV writes itself and they go into absolute minimum detail about. An MGSV game set in the 80s centered around the story of Big Boss? The most obvious story here is what went down between Big Boss and The Patriots/Cipher. Was Zero really a bad guy? Why did Para-Medic turn into a gigantic piece of shit? etc. The most we get out of this story are some (admittedly really well done) tapes. Not cutscenes, just audio logs for some of the most important character interactions in the entire series. Zero himself makes no physical appearance in MGSV. If you told me this before the release of the game I would have been shocked. The entire game is like this and leads to one really filler-esc plot where not much matters in the grand scheme of things. Peace Walker has a significantly more important story than MGSV.
>>
>>315640956

Send this to Kojima

>"Mr Kojima what did you think of this theory?"
>Oh shit the fans actually brought the story together better than I did
>"Uh...yes! T-this was actually the intention from the ending, well done on correctly deducing the events to bring the Metal Gear Saga full circle!"
>>
>>315641816
Naw these fags are just trying to be convoluted. That body was Solidus. Venom dies in MGS1. Big Boss dies in MGS4 it days it in the end of MGSV
>>
>>315641816
its fucking BB why you think eva cries
we were not supposed to know it was bbs body
just like we were supposed to think that bb at the end was the real bb
>>
NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS IT ADDS EVEN MORE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
>>
>>315641978
Holy sweet fuck
>>
>>315642220
Goddamn it
THE KEY TO SOP IS BB'S GENOME
VENOM DID NOT HAVE BB'S GENOME, IT'S WHY THE PATERNITY TEST WITH ELI WAS NEGATIVE
MGS4 SNAKE IS NOT VENOM
>>
>>315642220
Sure anon
>>
The game was, from what we were advertised, that Big Boss was going to be so full of hatred and revenge that it's what makes him become the villain we see him as in MG2:SS.

Except we never see this happen, Big Boss just hides in the shadows and creates Outer Heaven on the side while you become the painted bullseye target.

Venom the whole time does nothing but good deeds the whole game and doesn't fit the whole "I'm a demon" point. A phantom, yes, demon, no.
>>
>>315642005
I think thats whats going on, trying to complicate something already somewhat complicated.

Especially if some people here didnt play MGS4, dropped out by the end, or quickly read a plot synopsis. The game flat out said the burnt body was Solidus.
>>
>>315641978
Is there anything that actually confirms that Big Boss brought down Venom and Outer Heaven? I've only seen that in fan theories, but I may have missed something.
>>
>>315642268
What?
>>
>>315642494
Like not every last thing in MGS is convoluted
>>
>>315642365
fuck im sorry then i was wrong

>b-b-but my balloon decoy theory is correct i can assure you that!
yes the discrepancy in the trailers is there check it yourself venom drops to his knees in a burned village in afganistan
the cutsene in the game shows him in motherbase
motherbase is not real
it was mantis all along
>>
>>315642549
The offscreen Ocelot & Kaz conversation after the credits heavily implies it, Ocelot says they'll have to pick sides eventually between the Snakes. Also, the credits timeline explicitly states Venom was killed in Outer Heaven.
>>
>>315642609
I was trying to put it nicely since some people seem to make detail summaries and theories about MGS, but yeah I barely understand it sometimes, especially after MGS2.
>>
>>315642549
Plus, y'know, Big Boss was Solid's CO during Metal Gear
>>
>>315642549
It's never explained, like a lot of other stuff in MGSV.

The original story of MG1 is that after Gray Fox was captured, Big Boss sent in Solid Snake, who was a rookie at the time, to try and stop the Uprising. Big Boss expected a rookie Solid Snake to completely fail, but he succeeded expectations and destroyed Outer Heaven.

What MGSV confirms is that during the events of MG1, the real Big Boss was cozy in the US commanding FOXHOUND while Venom was commanding Outer Heaven and is the Big Boss Solid Snake kills at the end of the game. Anything else is speculation.
>>
>>315642896
Big Boss was also the villain in Metal Gear. The original game pretty clearly presents him as a single character, but this is now being retconned and it's become ambiguous.
>>
>>315643137
To be fair, Big Boss in MG1 didn't have much of a character outside of being a generic CO who turns out to be the bad guy. MG2 is when he actually has a character.
>>
VENOM IS ALONE BY HIMSELF IN AFGHANISTAN SNEAKING ON BASES FULL OF BALLY DECOYS

THE KEY IS IN THE DISCREPANCY

MB INFECTION MISSION HE DROPS TO HIS KNEES
MGS5 TRAILER 2014 MINUTE 3:50 THE SAME SCENE HE DROPS TO HIS KNEES BUT HES IN AFGHANISTAN SURROUNDED BY OLD ROTTEN COPRSES

THE SCENE IN THE TRAILER IS NOT PRESENT IN THE GAME

ITS JUST THERE FOR US TO REALIZE

ITS A RUSE BY MANTIS
>>
>>315643520
Not everything is a ruse anon.
>>
>>315643520
also when you walk by that same burned village ocelot says something to venom

also the paintings in the mansion and the hospital as i said before
andother discrepancy in some kind of way

its psycho mantis work its all his illusion
>>
>>315643776
u dont think it is like it is except it do
>>
>>315644249
Dang it anon

I hope your proud Kojima, you made everyone believe everything you're doing is a ruse.
>>
>>315644429
check it urself >>315643520
>>
>>315644429
rewatch the cutscene where venom walks on the platfrom full of dead allies
now now compare it to the 2014 trailer to be precise minute 3:50

compare these two scenes
see for yourself
>>
File: crying anime girl.gif (123 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
crying anime girl.gif
123 KB, 480x270
let it go, senpaitachi.
you have to move on with your life. we're all worried about you desu.
>>
>>315644727
Anon, all they did was take the mother base scene and put it in a different location just to avoid spoiling the game.

They did the same thing with Sahelanthropus and Eli at one point
>>
>>315646092
For the same reason, BB on the bike had a horn on 2013 trailer
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.