[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games in which the protagonists are actually evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: increase.jpg (66 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
increase.jpg
66 KB, 850x560
What are some games in which the protagonists are actually evil and the characters portrayed as villains are actually good? Bonus points if the writers did this by accident, i.e., they weren't trying to be ironic or edgy but rather they just have a shitty sense of morality and/or terrible writing skills.
>>
even though this is the most stock and cliche answer and every single motherfucker on /v/ including myself is sick of hearing about it it...Undertale in a genocide run is exactly this.
>>
Bioshock Infinite.
>>
I've heard people say this about Assassin's Creed, but I didn't play past the first few games.
>>
>>315601862
Nah, the Templars talk a big game but it's obvious they're pure evil. With how absolutely retarded the assassins are though I can see people coming to that conclusion.
>>
>>315601258
Classic postal?
>>
>>315601862
The only AC that remotely fits that description is 3 and there the protagonist is more of a bumbling moron than actively malicious.
>>
>>315601258
arguably Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
Dark messiah
>>
Nier?
>>
Shadow of Colossus
>>
>>315601258
metal gear rising.
>>
spec ops the line
>>
The killzones
>>
>>315601258

The best ironic example I can think of isn't about the protagonist or antagonist, per se, but the Synthesis ending in ME3 is a great example. Tagged as the "good ending" in the code, requires the highest war score to activate, color coded green and in the center of the screen. Yet it's basically just a forced galactic-wide space eugenics program.
>>
braid
>>
Metal Gear Solid 2, but you aren't really willfully evil I guess.
>>
Demon's souls.
>>
>>315601258
Arguably Soul Reaver.
>>
Prototype.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.