[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bethesda your graphics are bad and you should feel bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot (16).png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
2 MB, 1600x900
Seriously, Skyrim came out 4 god damned years ago. Isn't it a little dumb for this bitch's hair to be glued to her head, and for awkward skipping to be occurring between animations after all this time? The shadows are an admitted improvement, but jesus FUCKING christ, why does Bethesda always have to be like 5 years behind the curve in terms of aesthetic? How many years will we have to wait before characters move and act believably in their environments, like Witcher's?
>>
>>315592394
The bump mapping on the wall in the back looks kinda nice.
>>
>>315592516
Honestly? Everything in this game looks decent to good - except the fucking people. God damn bethesda is bad at people.
>>
>>315592756
It's a good thing 99% of mods are centered around making people look better then.
>>
>>315592394
I can deal with the crappy character models, they are sort of Bethesda's thing now, the real problem to me is the awful looking and delayed voice over animations.

I don't understand why they look so bad and have a 1 second delay on the animation, even Skyrim looked better I don't know how they managed to make it even worse.
>>
>>315592858
Well, FO3, NV and Skyrim had very good "redesign" mods that made most people look alright and not potatoes. Hopefully F4 will follow suit quickly.
>>
>>315592516
Sure, and I mean I'm happy to give credit where credit is due, but I'd much rather prefer the occasional dull texture in exchange for believable people wouldn't you?
>>
>>315592394
it is a console game :(
>>
>>315592973
well, they are used to having the modders fix their shit, so they don't even need to do a good job
>>
>>315593061
I hate how nobody ever makes decent vanilla hair overhaul mods though. You get millions of special snowflake anime hair packs but nobody ever bothers fixing the game's awful default hairs which means all the NPCs are still walking around with bird nests glued to their heads.
>>
>>315593085
Well sure, I would also like if the game was as good looking as something like Metro LL.
>>
>>315593460
But I don't get it, I remember the voice overs looking fine in Skyrim, doesn't it take more effort to make it look worse if you already have a system that works?
>>
>>315593061

It's bullshit that we have to rely on mods for a tolerable aesthetic experience. These guys are a hugely profitable studio with years and years between franchise releases -- even then, their products are consistently riddled with bugs.

Why are we paying 50, 60, 70 bucks to clean up the messes all the time with our own blood sweat and tears? What the hell are we paying them for?
>>
>>315593961
Can't be helped, some devs are just shit at certain things, and Beth is shit at many things.

The new system for CC is way better than previous, it's just that their character artists are incompetent mouthbreathers who can't put together a reasonable facsmile of humanity without making it look like it was modeled by a fucking body snatcher.
>>
>>315592394
>Screenshot of a youtube video
Really?
>>
fags
>>
Bethesda games never had good graphics
Checkmate faggots
>>
>>315594685
Wasn't Skryim praised for its graphics?
>>
So watching streams, but is there any lategame item that makes Power Armor permanently powered?
>>
Why the fuck is every other screenshot I see have a black man and a white woman in it? They think they're slick with their subtle kekery?
>>
>>315594832
It was praised for improved graphics, four years ago. But even then much of the hype about the graphics came from mods, and the people still sucked.
>>
>this fucking title

holy shit /v/ has gotten even worse.
>>
>>315594346
>>
>>315592394
Check out the stream that got posted on /fog/. While I don't think the graphics look bad at all, what we should really be concerned about is the writing, and from what I've seen so far, it's a hell of a lot more competent than Fo3's. I'm still disappointed with the new dialogue system, but at least they gave them interesting shit to say. It's really not looking too bad.
>>
>>315595060
I didn't follow it much, but remember it being hyped by how impressive the graphics were. I remember thinking the graphics were pretty good back when it came out, but I also don't think Fallout 4 looks like shit so
>>
>>315594685

Which games looked better than oblivion in 05?
>>
>>315594846
>that makes Power Armor permanently powered
what?
there are like timers or fuel on power armors?
you mean i can't spend 100% of my time in a power armor?
damn it todd.
>>
>>315593961
You really don't think Fo4 has a "tolerable aesthetic experience"? What games have come out this year that have totally skyrocketed your expectations for visual design to such a degree that it not only doesn't look good to you, it's not even tolerable? Literally offensive to the eyes?
>>
>>315595630

Witcher 3, with a budget of $80 million, looks graphically comptent, with special attention to PC specific features like high quality textures.

Fallout 4, with a budget of over $150 million, looks worse than Alpha Protocol, which released in early 2010.
>>
>>315595630
>iterally offensive to the eyes?
Not that guy anon, but looking over the footage, the character models are pretty offensive to the eyes. Everything else is pretty passable.
>>
>>315595630
Witcher 3 did it with about half the budget.
>>
>>315595768
fallout 4 is set in a desert and modders always fix the textures

the lighting is objectively better than tw3.

fallout 4 is a bigger game also.

>>315595935
it's a quarter of the game.
>>
>>315595768
Post a shot of Alpha Protocol. Any shot.
>>
>>315596193

http://imgur.com/a/B1INg

Seriously, Fallout 4 has worse textures and animations than a game released with a quarter of the budget over five years ago.

I understand that it's an engine limitation, and I understand it's a massive open world, but with their budget being much higher than Witcher 3's, I expect at least decently competent graphics.
>>
>>315596472
Bottom game is clearly objectively superior.
>>
>>315595935
But let's refer to what he posted: Fallout 4 does not have a tolerable aesthetic experience. He cannot tolerate it, it literally looks so bad that he can't play the game as a direct result of this. I'm not arguing that it looks better than Witcher 3, it doesn't, but you don't think that he, along with the majority of this board, isn't slathering himself in hyperbole a bit? This is coming from somebody that put off paying for rent a week so he could purchase a $400 GPU and not deal with jaggies in his vidya. In comparison to Witcher 3, it looks worse, but not absolutely abysmal to the point that it's not playable. That is an asinine thing to say.
>>
>>315596472
You know hate to sound this much like a shill, but of those 2 I'd say F4 looks a good deal better.

Mainly because the default MC looks pretty good instead of potato people like most NPC's.
>>
>>315596596

Look at the hair. You can't possibly tell me the hair on the bottom picture is superior. It looks like straight clay. It's horribly textured for a 2015 game.

Keep in mind, top picture was released over five years ago, with a fourth of the budget.
>>
File: a_560x375.jpg (28 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
a_560x375.jpg
28 KB, 560x375
>>315596062
>fallout 4 is a bigger game than the witcher 3
>mfw
>>
>>315596690
Hair is slightly, slightly worse (may just be the different lighting). Everything else looks a good deal better on the bottom.
>>
>>315596690
It has physics so it's better.

>>315596792
Content wise it is.
>>
>>315592394
Everything looks acceptable except for the stupid character models. They look like they were pulled straight out of The Old Republic during the conversation sections.
>>
>>315592756
A lot of the western RPG companies are terrible at people. Bioware, Bethesda, etc. There are exceptions but they're fairly rare. If you want decent animations, decent looking character, and high end customization, from an RPG, you'll typically have to go toward an eastern game like Black Desert.
>>
>>315592394
Because they choose too and also consoles, mods prove that this games can look G-Tier as fuck but Bethesda and obsidian whoever makes the game are just lazy fucks or limit the graphic cause of console.
>>
File: 1440013657740.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440013657740.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
>>315596960
>Content wise it is.
lmao nope
>>
>>315597613
every bethesda game has more content than tw3 and fallout 4 is their biggest game yet.

then you have mods.
>>
>>315597661
None of the Beth games to date has more content than Witcher 3. Especially not Skyrim.
>>
>>315592394

>company focuses on graphics over gameplay
>"this shit is bad, focus on gameplay and content!"

>company focuses on gameplay and content
>"Fuck this shit, its ugly and dated!"

If you want a focus on graphics, go play something else.
>>
>>315598170
Wrong. I beat Witcher in about 30 hours including most of the sidequests, excluding all of the shotty gear quests that fail to level with you.

The Witcher is almost entirely overworld. Skyrim has tons of dungeons that are over an hour long.
>>
>>315600335
This is a blatant lie, you could maybe speedrun the story in that time, but not the side content.
>>
>>315600335
I saw a streamer bum rush the main story with slightly over that time, but they utterly skipped the side content to get the play time that low.
>>
>>315600335
>Wrong. I beat Witcher in about 30 hours including most of the sidequests, excluding all of the shotty gear quests that fail to level with you.

You're a lying cunt it's actually so obvious
>>
>>315592394
That hair looks a little better than the flat textured shit on big boss
>>
>>315600085
>company focuses on gameplay and content
but that's not true, what they're focused on is marketing
>>
File: 129791361367.jpg (197 KB, 736x567) Image search: [Google]
129791361367.jpg
197 KB, 736x567
>bethesda still sucks at animating
>bethesda still sucks at designing humanoids
>>
File: 1403189273316s.jpg (4 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1403189273316s.jpg
4 KB, 125x119
>>315600335
Be less blatant with your bullshit. Game takes around 25 hours skipping through dialogue and rushing only the main story, faggot.
>>
>>315597661
>>315600335
this shill

Hell I'd say TW2 has more content and "RPG" elements than F4 looks to have.

And it doesn't have faggot micromanagement base minigame
>>
>>315592394
>graphics.
That's what mods are for. All Bethesda has to do is use their engine properly and stop putting into "measures" which make the game far less stable than it should be.

>>315593961
>It's bullshit that we have to rely on mods for a tolerable aesthetic experience.
What is bullshit is that you will whine like a manchild about what every company puts out but will never pay a cent for the game. The games don't need better "graphics" because they provide the tools for people to do whatever they want. What they really need is to properly support the game engine and stop fucking around with it. The next Fallout and Elderscrolls games would be better of released as a vastly upgraded Creation Kit on the cheap so we can make a game that they are too lazy to do.

>>315602673
Comparing a linear game like The Witcher to a sandbox game like Fallout 3 and onwards is pretty much apples and oranges. People who are into role playing and all that jazz have spent thousands of hours in the previous two Fallout games. The Witcher isn't really designed for that sort of thing because it is focused the narrative of the source material. Do you know what the "RP" in "RPG" stands for?
>>
>>315602981
i'm starting to think you don't.

Take vanilla skyrim to vanilla TW2. What has a wider array of RP elements to it, obviously excluding you want to RP as a fem-cat or whatever.

But it's cool, I guess we could refer to it as a "sandbox" except there's not much in terms of variability of the environment or anything really sandboxy of the sort.

Idk why i'm trying to convince a shill to stop shillin
>>
>>315592516
normal mapping, not bump mapping.
>>
>>315592394
I expect someone who hasn't enjoyed clean running water for their entire lives to have pretty firm matted hair. Fallout brings the immersion.
>>
>>315592858
And it's only 9.99$ for the Head Mod Pack!
>>
>spend the game looking for your son
>your son is the big bad

does bethesda have writers?
>>
>>315604327
*on ps4
>>
>>315595289
they were, i remember being impressed by everything but faces
>>
*shoot super mutant behemoth with tiny projectile*
*it rears up like fucking Epona*
GG
to the people who preordered this: fuck you
>>
>>315606051
How does that constitute poor writing?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.