[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me decide. Obviously Yes Man is out of the question, there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: NCR_Flag.png (23 KB, 409x281) Image search: [Google]
NCR_Flag.png
23 KB, 409x281
Help me decide.

Obviously Yes Man is out of the question, there's nobody to succeed the Courier and in the event of his death Vegas will descend into chaos.

Legion is a bad choice, same deal, as soon as Caesar dies they lose all leadership and return to tribalism.

So all that's left is NCR and House.

NCR is the closest thing to a functioning government that exists, and although they have many bureaucratic shortcomings they more often than not make a point of protecting people and providing for civilians to the best of their abilities. There's also assurance of succession and continuation of the NCR in the future as they have (elected?) presidents.

House has a plan for human survival and technological advancement that provides the best overall chance for the continuation of the human species and the improvement of everyone's situation, however he applies his technology very selfishly and is not altruistic if it doesn't serve his own purposes.

NCR is probably the best choice to improve everyone's situation right now, House is the best bet for humanity in general at some future point.
>>
>Obviously Yes Man is out of the question

Stopped reading there. Enjoy being a moron.
>>
>>315381319
NCR, House is just a megalomaniac that will inevitably snap in the future. He's also the reason you got shot in the head in first place.
>>
>>315381319
>Legion is a bad choice, soon as Caesar dies it's all fucked.

God forbid you try to solve a problem or contribute to a good idea and improve on it. But clearly, NCR or House are -perfect- solutions and will require no help from you to succeed-oh-fucking-wait.
>>
Caesar's Legion is already a tribe. They are one huge fucking tribe.
>>
>>315381512
I'm not going to be around forever, or even for very long.
These organization need to continue without my supervision far into the future, only NCR and House can do that.
>>
Question: Can I support the NCR without killing House?
Is killing him just part of Yes Man's questline?
>>
File: 1437103763366.png (165 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
1437103763366.png
165 KB, 680x545
>muh NCR
NCR Missionary go home
>>
>>315381661
The Legate would take over in the event of your death, no?
>>
>>315382004
That happens if you kill Caesar yeah, but what about after him?
At some point it's going to collapse because the Legion is only held up by the will of it's leader, the legion follows the leader, not necessarily the leader's values.
>>
>>315382087
Bang all the savage bitches and hope your heir isn't a cunt
>>
House or go home.

Daily reminder that House was so damn good and a obvious pick that Obsidian purposedly made it impossible for him to side with the brotherhood just so that people would even consider picking different options.
>>
I actually have the opposite opinion.
I think NCR is the best choice in the long run, but at this point they're expanding too fast. They've got problems at home they have to solve first, such as how powerful the influence of brahmin barons is, how vulnerable their trade routes are, and how corrupt businesses (like the Van Graffs) aren't held accountable for their actions without prodding from the people. However, their government does seem like the best choice for all the people. And like you said,it seems pretty stable with a clear line of succession. House has the same problem as Yes Man and you- what if he dies? Granted, it's much less likely due to all the technology he has. But what if it fails? There's always that possibility. Plus, that's a lot of power for just one man to handle. Remember that saying- absolute power corrupts absolutely.

To House's credit though, it's due solely to HIS planning and HIS foresight that New Vegas even exists in the first place. It's very possible that he could deliver on his promises based on what he's done so far. Also, I think a defeat for NCR would be just the swift kick it needs to reexamine itself and realign with the principles it was founded on.

Bottom line- Go with House for now, maybe the NCR will be ready for New Vegas in the future.
>>
>>315381319
I think you should just move on and play Fallout 4 now, tbph fɑm
>>
the only problem with the Legion is that they think "the law" is Caesar's Law. They have a very good structure but should stop expanding and focus on strengthening what they already have.
>>
>>315382635

The Legion is a nation of warriors though. They need to keep fighting an enemy.
>>
>save when legion gives you a free pass to enter and you turn on the bots
>already have all factions on my side, partially complete white glove and omertas quests

>stop white gloves from eating people, kill omertas
>separate save for NCR/house/yesman
>give house chip, visit factions, save kimbal, fight battle, house
>load 2
>kill house,put in yes man,save visit factions, save kimbal, fight battle, NCR
>load 3
>visit factions, save kimbal, yesman
>load 1
>kill house, help omertas, help white gloves, use sneak to kill kimbal with gobi silence sniper, fight battle, legion
all in all took an hour each with legion taking a bit longer
>>
>>315381319
>Obviously Yes Man is out of the question, there's nobody to succeed the Courier and in the event of his death Vegas will descend into chaos.
Nigger you've got House's immortality bed. You won't diem unless you're an utter mouthbreathing retard like House was. And even in the case you are, you successor is the guy who does the same you did to House.
>>
>>315381319
>Obviously Yes Man is out of the question, there's nobody to succeed the Courier and in the event of his death Vegas will descend into chaos.

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>315381319
>there's nobody to succeed the Courier and in the event of his death Vegas will descend into chaos.
Im almost certain you became immortal due to the events in old world blues. And who says you cant have someone succeed you? IS that written somewhere?
>>
>>315382917
nah. they've learned how to scavenge and hunt and grow crops and shit. the legion is all about making yourself do as much as you can.
>>
>>315383205
i don't think you encounter a love interest in Fallout 1 but in Fallout 2, The Vault Dweller records in his memoirs that they found someone and started a family.

Who knows what will happen to the Courier. Let's just hope Bethesda didn't get mad that Obsidian made a better game by showing in Fallout 4 that The Courier became a tranny and died from AIDS or something
>>
ncr has most content
>>
NCR more like NTR, because you expect a good ending only to get kek'd
>>
It's kind of a pointless discussion really since any content showing the positive sides of the Legion that was planned was cut. So we only really saw war camps, with slaves and crucifixions, we didn't really get to see how the land was truly settled and ordered behind them. Cass does make a comment on how doing caravan work for the Legion is a breeze because it would be tantamount to suicide to try to rob caravans in Legion territory for example.

Also the >muhh legion will fall apart without Caesar thing is ridiculous, the whole idea is that when he falls, you are to become his Augustus. Learn from him , and take over.

The idea that nay dictatorship falls apart when the leader dies is silly really, monarchies have been around for a vast amount of time and they worked. As in Rome others took the name Caeser, you would become the next Caesar and you could either pass it to your son, or appoint another as the new Casear
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.