[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refunds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: steam refund 2.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
steam refund 2.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Games we've refunded and why

>Rise of the Triad

Didn't work on my machine

>Superstatic

Hotline Miami clone with useless super powers

>Press X To Not Die

Lame and unfunny and I finished it a couple minutes after my purchase.
>>
Anno 1404 when it was on sale but only because I realized the gold edition was just a buck more and Venice would be $10 separate. Refund was confirmed in under an hour and then I bought the gold edition.
>>
>>315379843
>Refund was confirmed in under an hour and then I bought the gold edition.

You're lucky, mine still says it's pending.
>>
>>315380043
The actual refund confirmation is pending or the money? It was confirmed in under an hour, but I didn't get the money until about five days later.
>>
I havent refunded anything because I had no problems with any steam buys lately.

But I'm also not buying much from Steam so there's that.

Good feature though.
>>
>>315380159
Oh okay, so it's still the same as it ever was. I just thought you got lucky and it was given back to you early.
>>
>ARK
Alpha as fuck, game looks super interesting but isn't playable, couldn't really get into it anyway

>Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris
This made me sad. Game has 4p coop and shit. Crashes and black screens within minutes, has never once been patched in a year.
>>
>Resident Evil Revelations 2

Had no mates who fancied playing co-op with me, AI partner was absolutely god awful. 70 minutes and gone.
>>
>Outlast

It was shit.
>>
>>315380351
>Had no mates who fancied playing co-op with me

You can't play the main campaign co-op online, only raid mode. (Which sucks.)

Seriously senpai just play RE5 again. Maybe RE6 if you're desperate.
>>
File: 215-hank-hill-smoking.jpg (27 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
215-hank-hill-smoking.jpg
27 KB, 364x366
>>315380406
>mfw replaying RE5
its so good
>>
>>315379754
>Finish a game
>Refund right after

This is an asshole move.
>>
Audiosurf 2, I loved Audiosurf 1 but I just couldn't get into this.
>>
>Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

There was an annoying resolution bug that caused several menu items to be offscreen, making the game unplayable.

I couldn't fix it with any of the recommend guides online so I refunded it and just played a bunch of RCT1 instead.

>Batman Arkham Knight

For obvious reasons.
>>
Hyperdimension neptunia because I accidentally bought it for myself when I forgot to select buying it as a gift, to give to a /v/irgin last steam summer sale.

He was Nigerian, and seemed quite thrilled with the gift desu
>>
>>315380406
How can you hate Rev 2's Raid mode? Its easily the best coop mode RE games have had in the past what? Four or five games? Outside of campaign coop, but arguably more replayability.
>>
File: 1445938588340.gif (2 MB, 270x175) Image search: [Google]
1445938588340.gif
2 MB, 270x175
>>315380406

Yeah I later found it was local only anyway and I really didn't fancy cramping myself in a corner with two people at my desk. I was replaying 5 but my co-op buddy can't be bothered anymore and 6 just bores me.

>you will never wipe away the memories of the Resident Evil games you like so you can play them for the first time again
>>
>Westerado: Double Barreled

I like the idea, but I didn't feel like it changed much from the original version to keep it.
>>
I've only ever refunded one, and that was Lethis : Path of Progress.

It looked like a classic-style city building/management game in the vein of your Zeus or Caesar, and then... it was a janky, disappointing mess. The art was very nice and they had SOME ideas, but the entire thing fell flat on it's ass once you get a bit into the game and see a lot of bad design decisions. It just didn't feel finished, and it did not justify the hefty price tag. I still feel sorta bad about it, because I want to support indies who I like and ideas that I want to see more of, but the game just was not good.
>>
>>315380613
>How can you hate Rev 2's Raid mode?

It's slow. It's boring. It feels like an iPhone game.

RE5 and RE6 is what you play for GOOD co-op modes.
>>
I refunded a game called Safecracker because it was unplayable on my computer. Which is a shame, because what little I did manage to poorly run was fun. This is what I get for not reading Steam user reviews.

I also refunded Life is Strange, because the dialog is so fucking awful it made the game unplayable.
>>
>>315380634
Oh? I've actually been considering that, what have they actually changed from the flash version?
>>
>>315379754
>wargame
I bought something to play on my old laptop, but it kept overheating. Not that I'm surprised it did. I mostly did it to test refunds I just figured I might like the game. And I probably would have liked it if I played for more than 3 minutes.
>>
>>315380674
Have you actually played either of those? The merc mode is way slower. In fact, Rev 2's Raid mode is perhaps the fastest in any game. Enemies aren't as inflated HP wise so you can take them down pretty quickly, you can move while attacking and run, you don't have to wait on the game to decide it should finally spawn the next wave, and even getting more gear/unlocks and ammo is fairly painless.
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>315380490
>>
I haven't used the system yet, but I'm going to if Dragon's Dogma port ends up having shit optimization.
>>
>Kingdom
not funny
>Theif (new one)
absolute garbage
>Batman: Arkham Origins
beause no atmosphere
>>
>>315380907
>Posting a picture of fedora with no argument
upvotedxd
>>
>>315381071
>upvotedxd

surely you've forgotten you can't up vote anything here, redditor.
>>
>>315380906
>Have you actually played either of those?

RE5's extensively, RE6's enough to know.

On top of poor animations and no visceralness to the combat (seriously, Chris's punch in RE5 is so satisfying) REV 2's raid mode had this linear track design, rather than RE5's or RE6's well thought out arenas.
>>
>>315381061
>Theif (new one)
I got that as part of a HIB at the $1 tier, and I still felt ripped off.
>>
>>315381112
What felt worse when the doctor oficcaky diagnosed your autism or when your uncle touched your willy at nights ?
>>
Jackbox. Most questions reference something only americans know. Im european and had no idea what the hell was seaworld
>>
>>315380772
I guess they added controller support and some different characters you can play as. Was disappointed that you couldn't aim up or down still. Think they made the world bigger. It was fairly fun to play, but I didn't feel like it was much of a difference from the flash version. Might pick it up cheaper in the future though.
>>
File: rolfe laughing.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
rolfe laughing.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>315381185
Oh god why is this so funny

Tell us more about what you don't know
>>
>>315381061
Do you only play comedy games or something?
>>
>>315381185

lol this desu senpai
>>
>>315381118
RE5 and 6 had a handful of arenas though, and they were all very very very slow to spawn enemies if you kill them too fast. Rev 2 has a ton of maps and better balance for the multiplayer as well. Granted, most of them are lifted wholesale from RE6, Rev 2's campaign, and Rev 1, but its still nice to have the variety.

The punch thing I can kinda get, but I really don't see it as a big thing personally. Especially since I think being able to customize your characters to be a more interesting way to play than being forced into using a handful of guns/grenades based on your character.
>>
File: 1410993433107.jpg (28 KB, 336x327) Image search: [Google]
1410993433107.jpg
28 KB, 336x327
>>315381185
why the fuck am i laughing
>>
Recettear
>went on sale in a bundle the day after I bought it
>>
>>315381231
Fair enough
>>
>>315381441
I was ready to give you some kind of angry reaction image until I read the greentext.
>>
>>315381339
I dont remember but i never managed to finish a set of questions without wrong answers
>>
>>315381441
>>315379843
How great is it that " Refunding because I bought it just before it went on sale " is a legitimate reason that they accept
>>
>>315381392
>Especially since I think being able to customize your characters to be a more interesting way to play than being forced into using a handful of guns/grenades based on your character.

Cause Capcom clearly designed the characters in RE5 to have their gimmicks and styles of play that compliment other characters in co-op. Like how Sheva has the bow and arrow and grenade launcher

>mfw using the ice rounds on a bunch of niggers and then doing a one hit kill for a bunch of time on them

Ridiculously fun
>>
>>315379754

Anno 2205 because it's pretty much nothing like the previous versions.
>>
>>315381576
Yeah, it's nice. I just said "I meant to buy the gold edition" and there was no problem.

If they didn't make that part specific, I would have lied and said it didn't run or something.
>>
>>315380490
But okay fine fag, let's address this

If I finish a game under two hours and honestly didn't enjoy it, why shouldn't I get a refund?

There are early access titles I've finished in 30-50 minutes. Why shouldn't I get my money back?
>>
>>315381612
And that still exists, cept you can now customize your character even further. Each char has skills which reflect a certain play style as well as more active abilities. Mostly things like grenades, but also the occasional special ability, like Hulk's ability to stealth for a set time.
>>
>>315381727
Because indie devs will get butthurt and we already have enough phil fish and zoe auinn going around
>>
>>315381751
I get what you're saying, I'm just not a fan of progression systems in co-op/MP games. I'll stick to RE5 due to the arcadey design.
>>
>>315379754
Typing of the dead. Doesn´t start. Windows 8.
>>
I refunded that new Left4Warhammer game, because it ran like garbage on my mid tier pc even on lowest setting. It was playable sure, but far from enjoyable.
>>
>>315380634
It's actually got a lot more content and lots of different endings that I'm pretty sure weren't there before. That game is a great deal of fun and worth at least a couple of playthroughs, imo.
>>
>>315381784
I like butthurt indie devs, though. It's entertaining to me because they always end up being the ones making shit games.

You don't see Yacht Club Games, Edmund McMillen, and Klei getting butthurt.

Just people making boring walking simulators or self-proclaimed pixely retro games that use lazy gradient shading at parts (Fez)
>>
>>315381884
Fair enough. I will admit 5/6 had more arcadey gameplay and 6 especially was a blast to play once you understand how the mechanics work. Playing as Jake and I think it was Sherry? Were fun as heck. Kinda wish they kept more alternates to knifing around, but ah well. Maybe next game.
>>
>>315382013
>>>315381784 (You)
>I like butthurt indie devs, though. It's entertaining to me because they always end up being the ones making shit games.

Like Revolution 60. I swear this game was made so wu could call herself a game dev
>>
JUST
>>
>>315379754

Warhammer: Vermintide.

Uninspired L4D clone, couldn't justify the purchase so I refunded it.
>>
>>315379754
>witcher 1 + 2
a billion fucking menus instead of one where you can do everything in, levels that are just tunnels, and shitty lock on combat

no thanks
>>
>Super Mega Baseball
More complex than I wanted to deal with in an "arcade" baseball game. Also, it's ugly as sin.

>WWE 2K15
Game is fucking garbage

>Farcry 3
Ran like shit, failed checkpoints in the fucking forced tutorial because of dogshit partner AI. I think it's still registered to one of my 6 or 7 Uplay accounts.

>LEGO Worlds
Wasn't fully cooked.
>>
Nothing really. I don't buy shit I don't already know I'll like - with the exception of Bundles maybe where I ended up getting a shitton of crap I didn't really want. Sadly, you cannot refund it.
Sadly, you also cannot get rid of them, apart from moving them to an invisible group. I really wish they'd let you trade that shit in for cards or gems or something
>>
>>315384809
I don't get why some people get deeply upset over having a bad video game in their library. It's something that happens, and if it really gets in your way while browsing or whatever you can hide it. What's the big deal?
>>
File: average hotline miami fan.gif (30 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
average hotline miami fan.gif
30 KB, 267x200
>>315384809
>I don't buy shit I don't already know I'll like
>>
File: fraud.jpg (39 KB, 635x340) Image search: [Google]
fraud.jpg
39 KB, 635x340
>>315385110
>>315385631
>>
>>315385821
cu-ck detected

"Oh I know so much about video games that I'd NEVER buy a bad one"

Fack off m8
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.