[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your honest opinion on Steam refunds, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: steam refunds.png (258 KB, 604x535) Image search: [Google]
steam refunds.png
258 KB, 604x535
What's your honest opinion on Steam refunds, /v/?
>>
>>315377408
A good incentive to speedrun games you have never played before under one hour
>>
>>315377408
if a "game" cant even bring up 2 hours of content then it deserves to be refunded
>>
Toxic consumer first ideology that is ruining devs desu senpai baka
>>
File: lessonlearned.png (70 KB, 391x166) Image search: [Google]
lessonlearned.png
70 KB, 391x166
Not good enough.
>>
bam ham night should tell you why they're a good thing.
>>
>>315377408
I think it literally doesnt matter unless you live in some shithole with no consumer protection laws like the US
>>
>>315377719
>caveat emptor
>vilified unions
>lobbying still legal
>federal-corporate backroom deals
>working poor assured majority next decade

Hard to believe the states became a third-world shithole so fast, but there it is.
>>
Good, but i'd be OK with a smaller window for cheaper games. Like, if your game's base price before sales is $5 or less, maybe your refund window could be one hour instead of two.

You can make your 1.5 hour "narrative experience" "games" if you want, but you can't charge $20 for them without incurring the wrath of refunds.
>>
>>315377408
A kick in the balls for some indie dev faggots.
Good.
>>
>>315377993
>Hard to believe
Yeah, if you wilfully ignore the way the Capitalist system works especially American Corporatism, and the direction America has been travelling in for decades.
>>
>He didn't play with mods
Oh dear. Too bad you didn't experience the game the way it was MEANT to be played. I pity your ilk.
>>
Ps buy fallout 4
>>
>>315377408
The best thing happening to gaming in the last 10 years
>>
>>315378036
I take 1-4 hours interspersed throughout a week to determine if I like a game.
Price doesn't matter.
I don't look at the price and think:
>this should hold me off for X hours at that price!

I think:
>1. Can I afford this right now?
>2. Is this worth the investment of my time in the long-term?

Sales and price mean nothing to me. I buy all kinds of shit off-season and even miss 75% sales by mere hours and still buy it if I like it.
What I want are demos, and because those went the way of dinosaurs, I have to buy, try, and refund constantly. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>315378150
>for decades
Too bad I wasn't around to vote, huh? I've only got two to my name.
Eisenhower and Regan never should have been elected, the sellout fucks, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Fuck my life, fuck the states, fuck everything except vidya
>>
Personally won't do business with Valve, so I don't care, but I do think it's a step in the right direction.
>>
File: 1446151804935.jpg (103 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
1446151804935.jpg
103 KB, 460x300
Didnt give me a refund USF4 even though i cant play online without desynching after 30 secs.
Like literally 30 seconds.
FUCK CAPCOM AND STEAM SUPPORT.
>>
>>315378520
No it isn't. Steam offering a feature that you can utilise at any store irl is not something that should be congratulated. It should be made fun of for taking so long to implement refunds into the service.
>>
>>315378590
Well, you don't have to be so toward about it.
>>
>>315378631
>Being a shill for valve
I pity the fool. Shame you not see the light of glory shone upon us by companies like bethesda. For shame in you my child,
>>
>>315378570
just beat everyone within 30 seconds, easy.
>>
>>315378590
And they only did it after having lawsuits launched by consumer groups like the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. They realised that the easiest way to avoid future lawsuits was to put in a watered down returns policy and hope people used that instead of pursuing their full rights.
>>
>>315377408
Why the fuck do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>315377408
I never had to use it. If I'm not sure, I just don't buy.
>>
>>315378698
>Bethesda decrying Valve
>paid mods was a machination born from the fires of both crucibles of despair

I thought yous was in bed together, buddy-buddy like.
>>
>>315377408

A good start but 2 hours is too little, publishers are starting to adapt by tricking you into playing barely more than 2 hours by making the start of the game amazing and the rest shit or by using underhanded tricks
>>
>>315378698
I was under the impression the dude was making a joke in reference to your name.
>>
its a great way around pre-order DLC actually, you pre-order and if the game sucks well just refund that shit
>>
>>315378929
I was, but it's kind of a dead-end joke that needed a carlos, and I didn't have one handy.
The show goes on.
>>
File: tumblr_n71mk1V1zb1r94a6eo1_250.jpg (31 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n71mk1V1zb1r94a6eo1_250.jpg
31 KB, 219x219
>>315378725
i'd need to do it in 15 seconds for every round you cheeky cunt
>>
Needs to give more time, maybe make it relative to the base cost of the game because 2 hours for a $60 game is usually not long enough to judge. Maybe make 2 hours the base time and if the game costs a certain amount add so and so hours. Also make ways to prevent abuse so people don't just speed through the game and refund it, like limit or make note of people who frequently refund
>>
>>315378764
Why not?
Now you have a system to try out games and see if they are shit or not.
You might even find games that you really liked and decide to keep it.
>>
>>315377408
saved me from bad purchases a few times.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.