[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what? Seeing all this Indivisible shit has got me w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: ss (2015-11-04 at 01.34.32).png (751 KB, 687x755) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-04 at 01.34.32).png
751 KB, 687x755
You know what?
Seeing all this Indivisible shit has got me wanting to make a thread about Doko Roko. So here I am.
With a goal of 30k and sitting at 26k I'm curious as to what /v/ has to say about this game.
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ericsmack/doko-roko

Seems like a cut above regular as pixel games and hot damn is that music in that video briddy gud.

What's also pretty neat is that there's no "we'll put your own creation in the game" kind of reward.

First overfunding perk also goes to music.
So what kind of shitposts, shillingposts, and debatable opinions does /v/ have?
>>
"If Dark Souls has taught me anything, it's that games do not have to beat you over the head with their fiction to be interesting. A well-crafted world is far more enticing to me than having to sit through a long-winded monologue. My hope is that you'll absorb the story at your own pace through brain-osmosis rather than me having to inject it with huge clumsy hands."

Creator talking about the story.
I also remember him saying that Doko Roko will be explained why it's called Doko Roko to begin with.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/boxescloser/steps-through-their-village

Aaand here is some music for the game if you're one of those folks who enjoy music in video games.
I'm not entirely sure if it is music for the game but it's by the same guy who did the trailer music and the title of the song fits too.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-04 at 01.45.16).png (12 KB, 644x226) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-04 at 01.45.16).png
12 KB, 644x226
The creator himself seems like a pretty neat bro if you read a bit of the kick starter about why he chose kickstarter and what not.
>>
why even bother shilling if its close to being funded
>>
>>315372374
Cause over funding is a possibility and /v/ honestly has interesting opinions sometimes.
>>
This looks interesting. Hope it doesn't take several years to make like every other KS project.
>>
>>315372803
I doubt it, he seems pretty competent about it and everything seems to be going pretty well for him.
More incentive to get shit done on time.
>>
I don't know about that mouse based combat. The trailer really focused on muh atmosphere which leads me to believe the gameplay is considered second.
>>
>>315371612
>2d pixel shit

No thanks.
>>
>>315373541
I can see why you think that.
In my opinion the animation for the swords and the explosions seems like he sunk a lot of effort into them looking like that so I would think both Gameplay and Atmosphere are hand in hand in this one.
I don't find it too weird that he puts emphasis on environment either. It's his idea and can see it pretty vividly in his head, so why not show it off?
>>
>>315371959
>I also remember him saying that Doko Roko will be explained why it's called Doko Roko to begin with.
I would guess it's because you're looking for Roko.
>>
>>315374062
Wonder what kind of story would come out of that.
"Hey bro I'm gonna go to this fuckhuge tower seeya. Might have to save me later."
>>
>>315373841
>the swords and the explosions seems like he sunk a lot of effort into them
Not really. Looks like they're just one frame swords on occasion tweened with heavy gimmicky vfx to look like weightless anime slashes. I'm concerned because they are very big compared to the avatar, making me think that hitboxes have less thought put into them and that figuring out a time and a place to land your strikes will be trivial mashing. This is just based off of a few seconds in a teaser mind you. The author's choice to not put the gameplay into the spotlight is never a good sign. Video games aren't like film where they can ride off of atmosphere and grafix alone to be great. I feel it's within reason to say that these over-sized swords will be a major aspect of the game given how prevalent art of them appears on the Kickstarter page. I'm not feeling it.
>>
>>315373615
>muh next gen grafix
Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>315371612
Art seems good though some of the animation looked pretty low framerate and the weapons just appearing in the air is pretty lazy, not that I am too picky about any of that. Music seems okayish. I'd be pretty worried about the gameplay being lame and mediocre since it is barely even shown at all.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.