[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here hype for the rape of Azeroth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: thisfaggotdies.jpg (508 KB, 1200x1551) Image search: [Google]
thisfaggotdies.jpg
508 KB, 1200x1551
Who here hype for the rape of Azeroth?
>>
File: 1443079851778.png (1 MB, 1238x904) Image search: [Google]
1443079851778.png
1 MB, 1238x904
They should just make a movie about interspecies romance between a male human and female pandaren.
>>
>half a year until it's released

don't know don't care
not yet at least
>>
>>315368134

who the fuck is Duncan Jones? THE FUCK IS MOON!
>>
>>315368134
Brah, Azeroth had already been raped by Blizzard way before this.
>>
Burn it to the ground.
>>
>>315368134
As if it wasn't already destroyed
>>315368359
Daelin and Garithos foretold this
>>
>>315368327
Best sci fi film of the last decade
I'm serious
>>
How will they make invading demon worshiping savages sympathetic?
>>
File: 1397338859801.png (2 MB, 1186x855) Image search: [Google]
1397338859801.png
2 MB, 1186x855
>>315368134
of course

i am into necrophilia
>>
File: wcmt04.jpg (375 KB, 1600x657) Image search: [Google]
wcmt04.jpg
375 KB, 1600x657
Looks great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_8TY9Z5Zg
>>
>>315368650
Alliance characters will suddenly become neutral and preach tolerance while orcs continue to rape everyone they come across
>>
>>315368327
Bowie's son. Moon was surprisingly good tbqh family
>>
File: waifu.jpg (430 KB, 489x700) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
430 KB, 489x700
>there will never be a movie about our glorious Queen Azshara
>>
>>315368660
>i am into necrophilia
You should have posted a Slannesh or Nurgle picture then.
>>
>>315368892
dat elf qt in the front
>>
File: emprara.jpg (281 KB, 766x992) Image search: [Google]
emprara.jpg
281 KB, 766x992
>>315368660
HBO needs to make a 40k series already, spanning from the Dark Age of Technology to when the Nid's ate their first planet.
>>
>>315368134
>Series is called Warcraft
>'Is war the only answer?'
>Changed Orcs into Dindu Nuffins

What is with Americans jerking off to the idea of waging war while crying for peace?
>>
>>315370010
It shows that they have a big army but are willing to negotiate, unless you have oil.
>>
>>315370010
Like the orcs, they want to invade others' territory and not be considered evil or suffer any consequences for it.
>>
>>315369080
>Create the most vainglorious bimbo in Blizzard history
>Plan to make her fodder in Cata
>Results in Azshara surviving into 2016+ because entire playerbase of WoW is allergic to underwater combat

I don't think there is a luckier villain in the history of Blizzard.
>>
File: img000015.png (113 KB, 406x484) Image search: [Google]
img000015.png
113 KB, 406x484
>>315368327
You haven't seen Moon? Go watch Moon.
>>
>>315368650
By not making them demon worshipping savages

>No Dwarves or Gnomes
>still get firearms and technological advances they brought
>orcs are dindus

I hope this is the only Warcraft movie that gets made, they not only picked the worst war, they fucked up doing even that.
>>
>>315370236
Illidan and Sylvanas though that may change
>>
>>315370161
Remember when oil was a resource in Warcraft?

Weird that the idea was scrapped completely.
>>
File: 1426497171168.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
1426497171168.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
>>315370010
>Changed Orcs into Dindu Nuffins

WoW started the lore rape desu:

>the undead joining the horde
>the blood elves (!) joining the horde
>turning night elves from savages that attacked alliance on sight, into good goys
>turning arthas into a raid boss

the only hope for the franchise is that they declare everything after the frozen throne non-cannon and release w4
>>
>>315370010
South park explained it as thus:

half the country needs to wage war while the other half needs to pretend they totally don't want war in order for them to wage war but also not have everyone think they are the warmongering dicks they are.

It's called "having your cake and eatting it too"
>>
File: 1440172439684.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1105) Image search: [Google]
1440172439684.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1105
>>315370332
He said Villains, like Malfurion
>>
>>315370463
>turning arthas into a raid boss

Why not? He was a fitting end of expansion raid boss. Lore wise, his conclusion was pretty good too.
>>
File: warhammer 40k movie.jpg (177 KB, 699x1080) Image search: [Google]
warhammer 40k movie.jpg
177 KB, 699x1080
>>315369143
I'm not sure if 40k would be possible on a TV budget. If you were going to do 30k era then a TV series would be the only way you could cram all that information into the audience's heads.

I think 40k could work great as a movie, however they'd need to find a good script, and they'd have to accept that 2 hours is only long enough to give the audience a snap shot into the universe. Like, follow the misadventures of a small group of characters fighting in one particular battle and have it take place over the course over a short period of time. There are already lots of movies from Event Horizon to Starship Troopers that are evocative of 40k.

It doesn't need to be Lord of the Rings in space-- it just needs to be a great sci-fi movie. And at any rate they'd better get started on it soon, or else Blizzard is going to beat them to it with a Starcraft movie.

Also, making the movie entirely about spess mehreenz would probably be a bad choice. Space Marines could certainly be in it, but they should focus on the Imperial Guard since they offer a viewpoint into that world that the audience could more directly relate to than a bunch of post-human abominations of science and sorcery.
>>
>>315370332
Illidan died, and had his factory of warglaives stolen. And he can still die later. Sylvanas is the #1 target of the playerbase and won't live past Legion because MUH CHANGE.

Meanwhile NOBODY wants to fuck with Azshara because they are all scared of getting into the water when in fact she is obviously far more of a villain than everyone else the playerbase targets with their crying.

Ah who am I kidding, they will make Azshara swim to the surface to fight on land because the whole plan of melting Northrend and flooding the whole world giving her an unstoppable advantage in TFT surely isn't as sound a plan as randomly inviting 25 murder hobos to her yard.

I swear, they should slip a part in the Warcraft movie where one guy just keeps dying and coming back and at the end it's revealed he's banging the Spirit Healer for free rezzes and therefore has control over all life and death.
>>
File: Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg (504 KB, 1600x1169) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg
504 KB, 1600x1169
>>315370706
Why not just make a movie about the battle of Earth.

No need to cram too much information there. Good guys space mahreenz, bad guys chaos. Normies can enjoy the explosions, warhammer fans will enjoy the lore too.

The battle for Terra alone has everything one could need to enjoy a movie.
>>
>that cast
JUST
>>
>>315370547

Not him, but I don't know family... I liked him as an end-boss, but his conclusion was a little vague.

They couldn't think of a way to keep the Scourge and their precious status quo without inserting LITERALLY WHO as the new Lich King?

That smacks of desperation to me.

Know what they should have done, if they absolutely HAD go replace the LK? Put Tirion on the frozen throne.

It would have made much for a much more noble sacrifice, and it would have been nice and symbolic of the events coming full circle.

That and the player has a much stronger connection with Tirion as opposed to LITERALLY.
>>
>>315370547
Raid bosses are chumps who lost to 25 random fags in their own backyard with absolute advantages. Well except Death Wing, he's probably the only retard who chose to fly around and paint a giant bullseye on his ass but he was high or something.
>>
>>315370463
Blood Elves in the horde grew on me. Northern Kingdoms and Lorderon was pretty much a post apocalyptic waste land where only a pocket of Forest Trolls and a Church where the only living things roaming about.

You're only source of Magic is gone, you're feeling the maddening itch of addiction, everyone around you is losing hope, your only Prince is gone, following some demon into god knows where. Your former allies betrayed him and the last contact you had with them was a racist But correct Nobel man.

Suddenly, the hero who gave herself trying to save your nine thousand year old city comes back and tells you all about how things have changed, the Orcs are building a city on the other side of the world with a race of gaint cow people and a tribe of Jungle Trolls, battling the very humans that betrayed you. Why try a human anyway?

You're surrounded by undead, your only hope would be trying to gain trust with the forest trolls and take back the forests both your people loved.

Fuck that, join the Horde til your Prince comes back with something that will save your race. Then you'll be just of powerful as before and have no need for allies.

Makes sense
>>
>>315371136
Technically speaking, Arthas didn't die from the 25 random people alone. Lore-wise, you had a whole army with you invading the citadel from every side and up on Artha's throne there were a bunch of heroes and high level ranking paladins during the battle and even then, they barely survived.

But, you know, technical limitations and all that trash.
>>
>>315371071
They should have just not kept the Scourge and wiped them out. That non-sense about the Scourge overrunning the world is bullshit when they can't even reach the rest of the world in the first place. There's only a limited number of floating necropolises and not even 10% of them can swim. The flying fuck are they gonna do? Make a giant summoning circle and bring Ainz Ooal Gown in?
>>
File: lothar.jpg (422 KB, 1000x1518) Image search: [Google]
lothar.jpg
422 KB, 1000x1518
They are going to make it so instead of Lothar getting ambushed and killed while going to a parlay with the orcs he will be killed in a honorable duel by a Dindu Nuffin.
>>
>There are people RIGHT NOW that think is movie is going to be WoW based and not Warcraft 1-3 based
>>
>>315371330
More to the point, if they could overrun everything, how the fuck are we able to reach Arthas in the first place. Dude would have used everything he has to hold back the crusaders.
>>
>>315370295
There is at least one dwarf in the teaser, behind the elves
>>
>>315371330

They could easily have gone full Pirates of the Caribbean and had them simply enough walk or some shit.

Secondly, there exist Scourge ships, and considering these undead bastards have shown themselves pretty clever in the past (in terms of engineering), there is no reason they could not develop forms of travel.

>>315371391

This one's a little harder to refute. I don't understand the entire concept of Arthas holding some leash on the Scourge. The way I understood it, he WAS throwing everything he had against the Crusade. And if not, why wouldn't he?
>>
>>315368892

the green screen is so obvious
>>
When is this movie set, anyway?

I'd love to see a movie about the second or third war, but anything before that is pretty pointless isn't it?

It was around the second/third (depending on where you stand on the matter) that things got interesting, right?
>>
>>315370915
>>315369143
Is this the guy who got super murdered by a giant space whale. but was later resurrected by some ancient voodoo bullshit?
>>
>>315370915
But see Dredd. Dredd is just one random shit show Dredd got into and thats why it worked. A contained story. I think he meant that with a small story and little relevance it would make a good film. The writers dont have to worry about hurting muh lore while also making a great film.
>>
>Normies go and see movie
>Side with humans
>Complain about orcs
>Blizzard get mad that their dindus aren't popular with normies
>Next expansion is all about orcs again
>>
>>315371558
>The way I understood it, he WAS throwing everything he had against the Crusade. And if not, why wouldn't he?

Exactly. I think they tried to play "oh Arthas had totally a sweet subconscious trying to hold back his evil self" card and it really failed to make any kind of sense when considering his actions and thoughts to himself.
>>
>>315370706
Introduce it like just any other Si-Fi with a group of explores on a ship traveling back to Earth after space travel suddenly becomes optimal again, hoping to find life or at least recolonize it after the last images that was shown of it was it being a ball of dust.

A crew of quirky characters and one of them suddenly acts a little stranger, like something is corrupting him, murders happen, spooky shit happens, lots of questions about the sanity of man, how space is just scary as shit. so on.

Last scene is the hero being being cornered by the insane crew member, insane person screams "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"

Suddenly the whole threatre blows up HOLY SHIT IT WAS A 40K MOVIE ALL ALONG.

Last scene is an Imperial Ship contacting the Exploration Ship and Thunder Warriors bordering it.

40k brought to the masses.
>>
>>315371257
It was still his backyard. The fact that a legendary figure could lose in their very own backyard when they had a thousand chances to win before the enemy even reaches him sitting on his toilet waiting is retarded.

I know Blizzard went all out and even made bullshit like DURR I WAS ONLY PRETENDING but the entire gameplay of WoW as an MMO already makes any figure you are able to kill turn into a retard by proxy.

Best case example, Garrosh. Let's compare SoO in an MMO format and a RTS format

>MMO requires 25 faggots helped by tons of fodder npcs to slowly descend into the depths of RFC and shit battling past grueling traps and legions of enemies just so you can gangbang Garrosh which makes said enemies look like shit while making you 25 heroes look like walking Gary Stus culminating in finishing off Garrosh but having the Horde/Alliance suffer heavy losses in the Siege in exchange for 25 people getting better gear than they had before because mysteriously Dindu Nuffins make better weapons and armor than gods so long it's their turn to get wacked
>RTS commander would just nuke the area with mana bombs for poetic justice from outside the city and collapse the cavern on top of Garrosh burying his ass with thousands of tons of solid bedrock and collateral damages only include enemy forces and none of your own, which is all that matters because Durotar is a piece of shit anyways and they can relocate anywhere else within the Barrens if they wanna be masochists
>>
File: Sheldon[1].jpg (35 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Sheldon[1].jpg
35 KB, 333x500
>>315368134
>Robert KAZINSKI
>>
>>315371727
No, he wasn't murdered, he died in battle by his...uh....kind of son. And he actually died, he didn't get resurrected. His body is dead, his soul is just forcibly stuck in his rotting corpse to guide humanity's spaceships.

It's kind of complicated.

Left = his son

right = father/emperor
>>
>>315371674
It takes place during the first war, if they do another one then it will be about the second war.
>>
>pseudo-feudal setting
>all soldiers including the lowliest footmen have full-plate armor with engravings
Azeroth the kingdom of millionaires
>>
>>315371787

Yeah it made 0 sense to me neither. And it kinda' hollowed my victory somewhat.

Arthas willingly took Frostmourn, willingly killed humans, and willingly raised Death Knights. Why would he ever "hold back" when his true death was approaching?

Fuck, I'd bring down Icecrown Citadel if it meant a chance that Tirion would be buried by it.
>>
>>315371558
How the fuck can they do that when losing control of the Scourge means every one of them goes crazy? They aren't some collective organization once Arthas dies, they just go bonkers. Even assuming some of them enter the sea and go Pirates style, one of them will definitely aggro a whale and that's the end of that.
>>
>>315371914

And I'm guessing it will do nothing to portray Green Peace as anything but savage monsters?

Christ, I liked it better when orcs were just demon-infused aliens.
>>
File: warcraft 2.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
warcraft 2.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>315371914
Does this mean there will be the Mongol orcs?
>>
>>315372038
No, Blizzard isn't capable of making anyone as competent as Genghis Khan. Not even half as competent.
>>
>>315371976

Where does this "Scourge goes crazy" theory even come from?

Firstly, there are lots of leaders in the Scourge, who are able to make military decisions without Arthas' direct approval.

I'm guessing it's just "how necromancy works", but that's pretty obviously contradicted by the Death Knights. And yes, I know they "found their souls" or "fought and obtained their freedom" or some pseudo-shit, but Christ have mercy.
>>
>>315372038

Of course not. They'll be Indians fighting for muh land, and muh spirituality. While the humans will evil corporate fanatics.
>>
>>315372169
There isn't enough powerful Liches and Dreadlords left to common ALL the scourge in the absence of the Lich King, so it's inevitable some would go feral.
>>
>>315372234
Weren't orcs supposed to be high on demon blood at this point?
>>
>>315372234
Bit hard to do that when the Orcs are explicitly inter-planet invaders under the control of demons.
>>
>>315372336

Of course, but Mal'ganis and his crew (pre-slaughter) seem at least enough on the up-and-up to organize at least a good chunk of the Scourge.

Now they have a leader who will canonically do nothing. Ever.
>>
>>315372420
Nah, the orcs are on a dying world now (not their fault either) and happen to get a chance at life on Azeroth. But the the humans will try and slaughter them without negotiations. So they will reluctantly fight back.
>>
>>315372370
>>315372420

Rumor dictates (and based on Blizzards writing-staff it doesn't sound too far-fetched) they'll be the gentle misunderstood monsters who have no choice.

I downright grantee you that there is no way the orcs will be portrayed as the brutal mindless monsters they actually were during the first war.
>>
>>315372169
For every one competent scourge there's 1000 mindless corpse who only knows pains and slaughter. Those 'intact' undead are constantly battling going mad themselves, the Forsaken deal with this daily.

There was close to hundred thousand people in Strathome alone when Arthas culled it, the settlers in Northend, and the possible millions of Nerubians. That is a LOT of undead things that just want to kill things
>>
>>315372015
>>315372038
they ARE demon infused aliens
they lose the first invasion under blackhand because the thought it would be easy then get their shit together after doomhammer kills blackhand.
its only durotan who is a dindu
>>
>>315372553

But what, Arthas somehow had control over all of them while not a single Lich or Dreadlord could ever put together a union-like thing and gain control?

Honestly, this debate is a little pointless. It was never made 100% how Arthas kept them under his control anyway, so there's nothing but guesswork as to why other undead can't grasp whatever Arthas did.
>>
>>315371804

Actually, small elite force didnt survive encounter with Arthas. They got oneshoted in the end and only deus ex machina from Tirion saved them from being ressurected as undead generals. Lich King is the only boss that kills the players, wining the battle but loosing the war because of tirion plot device
>>
>>315372665
Just shitty writing on Blizzard's end.
>>
>>315372640

And you seriously don't think the movie will paint them as the gentle natives forced into a conflict they didn't want?

Please, they'll all be dindu by the end of the movie, while humies will be softskinned assholes.

There is no way Blizzard is clever enough to not push cultural guilt in this age of liberalism.
>>
>>315372665
> It was never made 100% how Arthas kept them under his control anyway

The Helm of Domination. The Burning Legion made the helmet just for that reason. Every piece of the Lich King does something to keep control of the of Scourge and make him god like.
>>
>>315372726

We are in agreement there.
>>
>>315369143

You can't make a show only 132 people will watch.
>>
>>315372714
Which is still a red herring in terms of plot. Arthas still sat on his ass for half a decade and slept, and after waking up was completely ineffectual at doing anything and was overrun by the good guys IN HIS OWN FUCKING FORTRESS.

And that excuse to put whoever that guy was in the throne was literally retarded. Mindless skellingtons are a better enemy than organized skellingtons no matter which way you slice it.
>>
>>315368134
fuck off shill
>>
>>315372543
I want something in the middle.

I want at least some of the orcs to feel like their situation is a bit fucked up, while also committing brutalities.

Like Grom basically, I really liked his character in WC3.
>>
>>315372795
I will never understand why American culture forces polarization just because of how their shitty politics work. It's like forcing everyone to choose between black and white, even though you have the entire rainbow spectrum available.
>>
>>315372795
i dont have any reason to believe that
yes metzen is a hack and wows story is shit
but lothar and kadgar are good characters
medivh will be a bad guy, so will most of the warlords, only durotan and maybe doomhammer plus their families will be good guys.
the only possiblity i see they go the dindu road is if they go all 'demons did that shit'
but most character arcs of the orcs happen in the second war when guldan betrays them
the story is already told, we know what happens, they cant retcon everything
>>
>>315373281
>they can't retcon everything
They can.
>>
>>315373281
>they cant retcon everything

Oh yes, because Blizzard have been so mild on the retcon.
>>
>>315372961
Warcraft 3:
>starts as a prince
>goes on a crusade against the undead
>culls an entire city
>continues crusade to a different continent
>gets a magic sword
>reks his opponent but becomes corrupted by the sword
>gets home and fucks up an entire kingdom
>kills his former mentor and builds up the undead
>fucks elves' shit up
>is an accessory to nearly destroying azeroth
>gets back to northrend, reking elves and humies on the way
>pushes illidan's shit in
>puts on the rest of the lich king's armor

WoW:
>sleeps for 4 years
>launches an "attack" on stormwind that does nothing
>taunts the combined forces of the horde and the alliance multiple times
>gets murdered in his own fortress

Most powerful being in Azeroth everyone.
>>
>>315373197
Honestly? It's because media and entertainment have been America's biggest export for the last 100 years. The rest of the world is a good 10 years behind us in that regard, and don't worship it as much as us.

We consume the most media, we pump out ten sitcoms every month while Finland is still watching Friends reruns, sticking to what they like. American entertainment changes by the week with what is popular and relevant. The Black and White style has really tired itself out with Comic books, old Si-fi and fantasy. Americans want character, not just a villain.

We also like the idea that everyone has good in them. American's are really prone to act on emotion rather then anything else.
>>
>>315372961
Im not talking this is all ok in terms of plot. But still:

Arthas controls undead like overmind zerg swarm. That lich armor with orh shaman soul imprisoned.

Without control they go all FUCKFUCKFUCK like... zerg on aiur?

On the begining of Wotlk, we see besiegd Ally and horde fortress. Ofc noble players do the thing like one man army.

Plot says that Argent Crusade cant win a land battle and go beyond wrathgate (where they fail because forsaken) and using breach near dalaran pays off in heavy casualties. Only ebon blade managed to inflitrate shadow vault and estabilish base there. All oeprations on ICC was made using flying ships (question: why sindragosa and frost wing didnt just fuck them already in aerial combat. Next question is when crusaders deployed full army just behind ICC gate, why Arthas didnt command his forces from horror gate to turn back and fuck them. They were without support from any side, only from sky.

In the end, happy players breached the gate, came after Arthas and then LOL ITS JUST AS PLANNED ALL ALONG. From one side, frostmourne contains all of the souls so he can ressurect fallen raid boss again, but if he has the souls, how death knight broke absolutely free from his will (maybe dead for DK means being mind controlled again). That "plan fool" jusr renders all encounter with Drakuru and that Ymirion King(that boss requiring 3 ppl in leveling zone, i forgot his name. Not that boss from instance) useless and stupid.

So, still plot was butchered with absurd shit maybe just to allow players to do something and play the game and with this we have shis like 25 random players kills Archimonde
>>
>>315373640
>Americans want character, not just a villain.

Which is weird because the black and white approach tends to generate the latter more than the former.
>>
>>315373632
In a way, it makes sense
>Start playing WoW
>Quit
>Come back 4 years later
>Taunt people who have been playing non-stop for 4 years
>>
>>315373632
>gets murdered in his own fortress
>by 10 literally whos
>>
>>315373774
Not always, but yes, is usually the case.
Look at the Joker in the Dark Knight, people ate that shit up, when honestly he wasn't that amazing of a character.
>>
>>315373761
>Without control they go all FUCKFUCKFUCK like... zerg on aiur?
Still not giving me a reason to think there's any justification in the "but they're SO FERAL MAN" argument.

If you were given the choice to fight 100,000 roman legionaires, or 100,000 fucking savages who would just randomly come at you a few to a few hundred at a time, you'd pick the savages every time.

Unless you want to give the dumbass excuse of "he was holding them back", to which I say just look at what happened before he even turned completely into the Lich King. He was actively fucking everyone's shit up left and right.
>>
>>315371930
It's not entirely feudal. It's probably more based on the later parts of the middle ages when professional soldiers were already a thing
>>
>>315374046
>to which I say just look at what happened before he even turned completely into the Lich King. He was actively fucking everyone's shit up left and right.

It's like you didn't even do the quests leading up to the ICC raid, yes Arthas held the armies back
>>
>>315374219
I did do them, I just hold no qualms about not remembering these handwaves and retcons.
>>
File: lewd anon animation.gif (200 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lewd anon animation.gif
200 KB, 250x250
>>315370915
>>315370706
>>315369143
You couldn't do a 40k film. It's too big and too long. You'd have to split that shit up into multiple films to cover everything. Like, 10 of them. So kinda pointless.

What you COULD do, is something like this:

>Planet is attacked by, lets say, Orks
>Planet is ravaged, but Imperium win
>A teenager survives and wants revenge, so joins IG
>Gets dropped into a counter-attack against Orks and somehow survives
>Joins up with a Veteran Squad, lead by none other than Sean Bean
>They go on a mission and blow something up and defeat the Orks
>Celebrations!
>Then Chaos Pirates arrive to take the planet for a ritual
>Protag and Sean Beans squad fight back and basically get owned
>all looks like it's gone to shit then the Space Marines arrive and they're like "wow so cool"
>While Chaos fights Space Marines, the squad goes to the ritual site
>Sean Bean gets killed dueling a Chaos Pysker
>Protag then bombs the ritual area with a demo charge (or something similar)
>gets KO'd
>Awakens to Space Marines finishing off the dead and capturing those who need to be
>Protag gets lifted up by Space Marine, who says nothing and walks away
>Protag becomes leader of squad and big funeral for Sean Bean

Then you do one about Space Marines doing something similar.

Then you can do one about Orks.

Then Chaos.

Then do one with Eldar and have lewd scenes.
>>
>movie could've been a movie about Arthas' downfall
>glad you could make it uther
>cliche prince saving little timmy
>slowly becomes obsess with malganis durng his adventure
>kill them before they become zombies
>burn the ships no one escapes
>>
>>315373281
Why is it so easy to tell you retards apart from everyone else? Is it because you lack the ability to capitalize?
>>
>>315374336
Do Spess Mehreens even care about normies? I don't know anything about WH40K but I guess I had the mental image of them hating normal humans and thinking they were faggots who don't praise the Emperor enough or some nonsense.
>>
>>315373960
I thought it was mostly cause of the meme value.
>>
>>315373798
Top Kek. It's so meta it works.
>>
>>315370547
He was the reason, at least in WC3:TFT, why the Burning Legion was bat shit scared of invading Azeroth again.

WoW lore ended up raping him and the Scourge.

The Scourge could have easily been a third faction but Blizzard is too pussy to do anything of worth.
>>
>>315374724
Some do, some don't GWS and what not
>>
>>315374336
I want to see Eldar fiction media where they actually take off their masks and you can see their master race good looks. Why is it anyway that they wear masks, are they afraid that they'll get turned on, start fucking and turn into Slaanesh' slaves?
>>
File: thedamned.jpg (337 KB, 830x444) Image search: [Google]
thedamned.jpg
337 KB, 830x444
>>315374724
Yes and no, a lot of Astartes give huge fucks about the little guy. At some point a lot of them where little guys. Some don't even consider you worth saving or even bothering using you as a meat shield. Really depends of the chapter.

Funnily enough, you're more likely to be treated like a human being by Chaos then most Chapters.
>>
>>315375041
Re-breathers
>>
>>315371071
The fuck do you mean LITERALLY WHO?

Fordragon has been a part of WoW since nilla, I mean he kept SW and the Alliance in check until Wrynn returned, as well as raising Anduin.

There isn't a more fitting person alive on Azeroth at the time to accept the sacrifice
>>
>>315368327
>he doesn't know what the moon is
>>
>>315374219
>Making up excuses to justify shitty game design is legit cause it's canon

It would have been far more epic if Arthas actually baited you in and tried to overwhelm you with a trap, resulting in you escaping due to outside allies bombarding your location opening up an escape route at the cost of Tirion's death while you escape with the Ashbringer and then shit happens resulting in a plains battle where Arthas rides Invincible instead of making it go poof like every other mount and going dynasty warrior on your asses.

That would be an actual raid boss worthy fight. Not playing DDR in the ice throne.
>>
>>315371256
Blood Elves HATE Trolls and Undead. It doesn't even matter if Horde Trolls are different, they're flat out racist against Trolls for fucking up their trees and people so much. The Undead, ESPECIALLY those from Lordaeron, are the reason why there's a giant gaping black asshole in their city.

It's like you know nothing of Warcraft lore.

In fact, give me ONE reason pre-WoW lore why the Blood Elves couldn't rejoin the Alliance. Only Garithos gave them shit and 10,000 High Elves aren't going to stop the millions of Blood Elves from joining. And dirty magic you say? Why the hell are there Warlocks in the Alliance then?
>>
File: 336.jpg (40 KB, 585x394) Image search: [Google]
336.jpg
40 KB, 585x394
>>315368134
>the creator of Moon
holy shit, i know people who stole it
>>
>>315375149
>It would have been far more epic
Your opinion is cool and all, but the lore states he has to be killed where he merged, unless you want to move the frozen throne that is
>>
>>315370010
>>315370295
>orcs are dindus
I wish that this meme would stop already, how insecure are you people anyway
>>
>>315375113

Ah, so he was filler who did nothing vanilla, and he's filler who does nothing on the Frozen Throne. Maybe that was a fitting sacrifice, but it certainly wasn't an interesting one.
>>
>>315375327
The Alliance wanted your last Royal dead, who is giving up everything to find you a new source of magic, who was saved by a race you once thought vile and monstrous, the Naga.

If these Naga can be helpful, why can't other monstrous races be? Why would you hate people who had no control over what they did, most of all people who are being lead by your former Ranger Lord who are fighting the undead who sacked your city.

It was human who raised an undead army to take your city and nearly wipe out your race.
It was a human who damned your Prince and forced you to ally your self with people who never once thought twice about.

Blood Elves rightfully hate humans.
>>
>>315371391
Because his plan was to turn us the adventures into his strongest warriors and generals, and he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that old paladin.
>>
>>315375387
>giving a shit about lore when lore has always catered to the raid design and not the other way around

Holy shit talk about being retarded. Did your ancestor put his cart before the horse every time he made a trip? No shit it would require a retcon, something which anyone with a working brain would welcome because WoW lore is garbage that retcons itself regularly.
>>
>>315375558
>how to spot an orc player
>>
>>315375337
Both movies will probably be of similar quality.
>>
>>315375592
>Ah, so he was filler who did nothing vanilla
If by filler you mean he wasn't running around leveling, slaying monsters and saving the world, because that's your job not his, then yes.

If you mean the person who assisted the defense of Stormwind and commanded the Armies in the assault of Northrend and eventually the Wrathgate, kept alive by the dragon aspects and resisted the torture of the lich king after being the most loyal solider of the Alliance and also a paladin like Tirion, to sacrifice himself to save Azeroth and his kingdom, then yes.
>>
>>315368246
stop trying to viral your own shitty idea.
>>
>>315372543
Oh please a leaked clip showed Gul'dan making live sacrifice to open the portal. No what the movie will do is that it will portray the green ones as savages and brown ones as not savages.
>>
>>315375730
That's not how WoW has ever worked, and I enjoy the Lore and I'm grateful for that. I liked the boss fight and where it was, and i enjoyed the game.
>>
>>315372890
no one gave a shit about asoiaf until hbo did it, now look at it.
>>
File: wc3-night-elf-full.jpg (252 KB, 1214x1200) Image search: [Google]
wc3-night-elf-full.jpg
252 KB, 1214x1200
I'm sad when or if Nelves get portrayed it will be as they were in wow. peace loving faggot nature niggers, not the xenophobic amazonians like in rotc
>>
>>315375803
Actually I'm Dwarf master race
>>
>>315376049
Do you think that HBO would have made a very expensive TV series about it if they thought people didn't care about it?
>>
>>315376329
i assure you the fanbase of asoiaf is similar if not lower than the fanbase of 40k pre GoT
>>
>>315376017
>That's not how WoW has ever worked

Literally full of shit. The story in WoW has always revolved around dungeon designs. Did you really think they wrote the story for quest hubs and shit to conveniently make you run around like you were in a themepark THEN create the quests?

This is what you are implying. And I can tell that since you just added a random MUH OPINION MUH EXPERIENCE at the end for no reason other than to try and add some weight to your post either you're shit posting or a blizzdrone.

Just because you enjoy something that's bad doesn't mean it's forbidden to admit it's bad. You gonna shill for your favorite soda or beer just because you like drinking it and say it's not unhealthy? Cause that's what you're doing right now.
>>
>>315376329
They do that all the time, they're allowed to with how much money they make.

landing a spot on HBO is a dream for that reason.
>>
>>315376243
>manlet
>beard full of moldy cheese and shit stuck in it
>goatse mounts
>is stoneform still overpowered?
>>
>>315376542
When has stoneform even been seen as Overpowered?
>>
>>315370547
I was mostly thinking that at the end of the frozen throne he is the only power that can resist the burning legion and having a geniunely bad faction that is not just a bunch of dindus would be nice

>>315371256
IMHO instead of adding pandas they could have added naga and made BE + Naga their own group

>>315376230
this Nelfs were actually intersting whats with men being nearly feral druids and women crazy day-to-day fighters
>>
>>315376807
>having a geniunely bad faction that is not just a bunch of dindus would be nice
Old Gods
>>
>first war
>rifles
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS THIS BLIZZARD?!
>>
>>315370463
Both the Forsaken and Blood Elves got betrayed by the Alliance, so it makes sense for them to join the Horde and also makes sense for Thrall to accept them since his idea of Horde is a group of nations that would otherwise be alone and against everyone.
Night elves weren't savages and attacked only if you fucked up their forests, and after Hyjal, it's not that unbelievable for them to join Alliance.
Turning Illidan and Arthas into raid bosses sucks though.
>>
>>315376675
When Rogues dominated arena and PvP still mattered. So ages ago when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth.
>>
>>315377239
>Both the Forsaken and Blood Elves got betrayed by the Alliance
The forsaken never got betrayed by the Alliance, but the alliance would never accept the Forsaken into their ranks.
>>
>>315375327
>The Undead, ESPECIALLY those from Lordaeron, are the reason why there's a giant gaping black asshole in their city.
It's like there are two factions of Undead both opposed to each other.
It's like they're allied to the faction of undead that actively fights against the other faction that laid waste to their homeland and that is led on by a former member of their race.
It's like you're a massive retard.
>>
>>315377526
>The forsaken never got betrayed by the Alliance

Did you not play TFT?
>>
>>315376403
I cant tell if you're shitposting or you actually think the quests about getting 15 worg tails is legit lore. Some of those are story quests, but they work well with the pre-wow lore.

I have honestly no idea what you're implying other than an MMORPG has aspects to it that are not as important, such as side quests, and then major points that follow the flow of the lore.

The lich king fight was done that way for a reason, it fit the lore, and if you didnt enjoy the boss fight then go play other bosses, raids, level something else it's an MMORPG, you don't have to like every aspect.

You're Welsh I take it?
>>
>>315377740
Yes, I remember them mind controlling the human leader and then killing him when they were done with him.
>>
File: 1443291910387.jpg (60 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1443291910387.jpg
60 KB, 600x800
It doesn't look even close to Warcraft, what happend to the art direction? Where are the big shoulders and the humor? If it didn't have the emblems I wouldn't even recognise it.
>>
>>315378742
>and the humor
Saved for the trailer or movie itself
>>
>>315370463
Orcs have been Dindus since WC3
>>
>>315379031
I don't feel like one-liners is the right call, warcraft has always had this kind of absurdism on everything. Which is sadly to say completely absent here. I feel that if we will ever see goblins or gnomes they will be reduced to jar jar binks in terms of comedy.
>>
>>315378742
the whole movie is a joke
>>
>>315379247
>I don't feel like one-liners is the right call, warcraft has always had this kind of absurdism on everything
But there has also been one liners, but most of Blizzard humor tends to be poking fun at themselves.
>>
>>315379262
Blizzard is a joke
>>
>>315369143
>tv series
I hope you realize that every tv series ever made is too focused on talking because talking is easy to film and doesn't require a lot of budget.
Look at GoT or Vikings, even though both are popular and have a good spending budget they focus on TALK, TALK, TALK, ROMANCE, FRIENDSHIP, BROKEN ROMANCE, NEW ROMANCE, TALK. I'm not even going to mention the plastic looking outfits being used for whatever reason, or skirmishes that are called battles and last around 10 minutes if you cut out someone thinking about the past, someone talking and all the slow motion focused on lead's face to show us how the "battle" is going.

Then there's that thing where they make last 5 minutes of the episode interesting so you're looking forward to the next one, but the next episode is fucking boring for 40 minutes until those last 5 mins come again.

Basically 40k doesn't work unless there's bloodshed and carnage every minute, and tv series can't deliver this because main aspect is drama. In 40k an Imperial Soldier whining is going to get a bolter round through his skull so he can be an example.
>>
>this thread
>"man wow lore is gonna get fucking destroyed by this movie"
>"yep for sure"
>"YEAH BUT WHAT IF 40K WERE MADE INTO A MOVIE/TV SHOW/VIDEO GAME/BOOK/MUSIC VIDEO/MICROWAVE DINNER GUYS?!?!?!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

why are 40k fags the absolute worst?
>>
File: 1204274003601.jpg (215 KB, 946x663) Image search: [Google]
1204274003601.jpg
215 KB, 946x663
>>315379560
>Basically 40k doesn't work unless there's bloodshed and carnage every minute
What about the Ciaphas Cain series?
>>
>>315378742
Is that vending machine Arthas?
I agree btw senpai.
>>
>Is war the only answer?
this movie is fucked
>>
Where are the HUGE pauldrons? I wanna see both humans and orcs wearing oversized pauldrons enough to eclipse the sun.
>>
>>315368134
That's a legit poster? It looks fucking awful, like really terrible
>>
>>315377740
>>315377949
The Forsaken allied with the Alliance and then immediately the Forsaken betrayed the Alliance.

Also to make it clear, the Alliance had rightful claim to the land as the soldiers were literally fighting to reclaim their home while the Foresaken are led by a [former] Elf who is going for a power grab to make herself strong.

The fact that the Horde would accept the Forsaken is straight up idiotic (especially sense a person like Sylvannis would hate the Orcs MORE than she hates Humans)

The Blood Elves would also hate the Orcs more as the Orcs tried to destroy the Elves homeland where the Alliance at leads tried [poorly] to defend it. Not to mention the Alliance is allied with the Night Elves and still has High Elves in their society. The fact that those 2 factions join the Horde are both retarded.
>>
>>315368134
KEK gonna be a load of dog shit
>>
>>315381903
>the Alliance had a more rightful claim to the land that the people that actually lived here
>>
Can't wait for nigger orcs from africa to come to america to look for a new home and the racist white man holding them back
>>
>>315381903
>Also to make it clear, the Alliance had rightful claim to the land as the soldiers were literally fighting to reclaim their home while the Foresaken are led by a [former] Elf who is going for a power grab to make herself strong.
How does the alliance have rightful claim to the land when the Forsaken are the people who lived on the land while they where alive?
>>
イギリス人めアメリカの牛ステーキと騙してイギリスの羊ステーキを喰わせやがった、肉が柔らかいと思ったんだ
>>
>>315371341
So fucking retarded

They'll claim "Oh we took artistic license"
Marvel has already shown that "artistic license" means you've fucked up everything and that you should have just gone as close as humanly possible to the original as you can.
>>
>>315368134
God I hate this crisp and cold aesthetic

It's not anything like any of the Warcraft games, and I fear they will portray everything way too seriously.

Preparing for major flop.
>>
>>315373632
>arthas
>most powerful being

LK was but arthas was merely a fucci boy for LK. He ran in every trap set up by the LK like a puppet he was. Shame neo blizzard can't write good storys and the wow audience only wanted Arthas while in fact he was a pretty boring character.
>>
Their armor looks like shit, like it's cheap cosplay
>>
File: horusrising.jpg (177 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
horusrising.jpg
177 KB, 600x849
>>315369143
>40k
>not 30k
Just use the first three Horus Heresy books as script.
>>
>>315382341
Agreed, it looks like cardboard plate, and more importantly, it looks absolutely nothing like the armor you see in Warcraft games.
>>
>>315382479
>those luscious locks
>>
>>315382479
God that looks like shit.
People really buy and read this crap?
>>
>>315382804
Those are pretty good sci-fi books. Especially the frist three.
>>
>>315382804
Shockingly the Heresy trilogy is pretty goos. Also,
>litterally judging a book by its cover
>>
>>315383263
>not judging a book that has a shitty CGI art, is about WH40K, and it literally has a "from the bestselling author of X" by it's cover
>>
File: eldar-concept-art.jpg (514 KB, 1700x1075) Image search: [Google]
eldar-concept-art.jpg
514 KB, 1700x1075
>>315375041
First off, the Eldar are creepy looking ayy lmaos, despite fanartists often drawing them as simply attractive looking humans. Secondly, and more importantly, the masks the Eldar wear are an important part of their ritualized war personas they take upon themselves when they go to war, so that their minds won't be tainted by the violence and bloodlust they experience during warfare.
>>
>>315381998
>>315382075
Because the Alliance is made up of people who lived in Lorderan (like Jaina and her people) while the Forsaken leadership is made up of Elves and demons.

So yes the Alliance, the people who lived on the land before the war, have more claim then the people who lived in a different country or planet/dimension.
>>
>>315369080
>you will never be her slave
>>
>>315383535
Anon how thick are you
>The Forsaken are the people of Lorderan who lived there before the scourge outbreak, they now continue living on the land they lived while they were alive but not as undead.
And they got rid of the demons in their ranks years ago.

Also Jaina is from Kul Tiras, not Lorderan.
>>
>wanting a tv series or movie focused around Spess Mareens

Why? They are literally boring incarnated, no emotions, aside from like space wolves. I tried some of the books and it's just 'Yes brother Marciius' 'Praise the emperor' /kills 30 orks without taking a scratch. Fun for games not for emotionally engaging storytelling

Eisenhorn is a ready made film or tv series, and covers a lot of 40k in a digestible way, with actual humans that have feelings that are comparable to 21st ones.
>>
>>315375729
>He couldn't do that after his hordes of undeads had killed everything
>We had to be alive for this all to go down for some reason
>???
No anon, it's fucking retarded and so are you for trying to defend that shit.
>>
>>315383689
They are also made up of Elves. You may noticed their leader is an Elf.

Most of the original Forsaken were Elves.

Meanwhile the Alliance consist of people from Lorderan.

Also my mistake on Jaina, I forgot. You may notice in WC3 she introduces herself as leader of "the Survivors of Lorderan" which is what I meant when I said "her people"

So yes, the people who are still alive and used to live in Lorderan along with the faction that Lorderan was part of has far more claim then a faction that was mostly undead Elves led by an Elf and a Demon with multiple Undead Elves like Banshees in positions of power (this is how it was at the end of WC3, start of WoW. If it is different now I have no idea sense I dont play)
>>
>>315376947
Retcons, the dwarves didn't join the conflict until War2 if memory serves, and even then they didn't have rifles but just strapped themselves with explosives (gnomes built the flying machines) or rode griffons.
>>
>>315383971
BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE FORSAKEN ARE THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED THERE WHILE ALIVE

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL
>>
>>315384393
Except they're not, the majority of forsaken was always composed of banshees which were elves, most of the Lorderon undead were controlled by the dreadlords and subsequently killed by the forsaken armies of possessed savages and other undead. Varimathras' entire force was destroyed/possessed and only he himself survived by offering himself up as an informant on his fellow dreadlords.

Get THAT through your thick skull you complete imbecile.
>>
>>315369037
>>315368639
>writer of Sci-Fi writing Fantasy genre
>only known for one old movie

This movie is doomed
>>
File: Brittany.png (452 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
Brittany.png
452 KB, 500x669
>>315376230
I know the feels annon.
>>
>>315384393
What this guy>>315384576 said.

Replay WC3. The Forsaken were originally undead Elves and demons Sylvanis used for a power grab to make herself into a ruler of a small kingdom she had no claim over while the STILL LIVING people who DID have a claimed she murdered (after saying she would get them their homes back) not to mention the countless Lorderan soldiers and civilians who survived by fleeing to Darlaaran or with Jaina.
>>
>>315383997
to be fair they had cannon ships in wc2, so rifles are not unrealistic
>>
>>315384846
Anon, that's like arguing fighter jets are not unrealistic because they had blimps.
>>
>>315384576
>During the Third War, the once-glorious capital of Lordaeron, Capital City, was decimated by a Scourge army under the command of Prince Arthas Menethil. Death offered no escape for the scores of humans killed during the Lich King's campaign to scour the living from Lordaeron. Instead, the kingdom’s fallen were risen into undeath as Scourge minions and forced to wage an unholy war against everything and everyone that they once held dear
>>
>>315382804

The first two were really good, after that quality varies wildly.
Mechanicum, Legion and A Thousand Sons were good book in their own rights.
Although, it's better to just compare WH books with other WH books, because they can't hold shit against Iain Banks or Asimov , especialy Asimov since more than half of 40K is ripped straight from it's Foundation cycle.
There's only one book in all of 40K that has any real litteral value : The Inquisition War by Ian Watson.
>>
>>315385078
Yes thank you for the history of the Undead Scourge. How does that change the fact that the original memebers of the Forsaken were undead Elves and Demons and the still living residents of Lorderan are serving the Alliance by fleeing to Darlaan or Theramore and they want their homes back?
>>
>>315384576
At the time of WoW, Forsaken are composed mainly by Lordaeron deceased, since they get freed from the Scourge.

That thing about the Forsaken being mainly banshees was just because in the TFT campaign Sylvanas was in charge of all the banshees of the Scourge.
>>
>>315385078
Okay, now read the post you quoted, which describes
>Those undead were slaughtered/possessed by the banshee(elves) forces of the forsaken
So be a dear and kill yourself, because someone so utterly incapable of comprehending simple language has no business living.
>>
Death nullifies any and all contracts so the Forsaken have NO claim to any bit of Lordaeron as their deaths had caused any and all contracts they may have had to be broken.
>>
>>315385239
Holy crap how do I keep spelling Lordaeron wrong.

>>315385269
The reason this discussion started was because I mentioned that at the end of WC3, very start of WoW the Forsaken had less claim to Lordaeron because they were mostly undead Elves as opposed to the Alliance who owned the land. Now in current day WoW that maybe different but we were not talking about current day WoW, we are talking about the original founders of the Forsaken.
>>
>>315385269
Except as I already told you, the Lordaeron undead that were broken free from the scourge were controlled by the dreadlords and the forsaken killed and possessed them all.

Get it through your thick fucking skull anon
>Undead break free from the Lich King
>Some are retained and commanded by Arthas
>Elven undead are loyal to Sylvanas
>Lordaeron undead get dominated/controlled by the dreadlords

Then the "civil war" happens, Sylvanas' (elven) undead destroy the dreadlords' (Lordaeron) undead and that's the end of that story.
>>
>>315385443
Alright then.

>>315385484
I'm talking about WoW you retard.
In WoW all the dreadlords are dead and Varimathras is a fuckboy.
The initial quests of the Undead are all about being raised from the crypts of Lordaeron.
>>
>>315385239
Theramore has nothing to do with Lordaeron, it's all Kul Tiras, and the original members of the Forsaken is everyone who broke free from the lich king. That includes all the no named units you used to complete the campaign.
>>315385283
Then where the fuck did Arthas get the army that he needed to invade Silvermoon? If everyone was raised by banshees instead of the plague
>>315385443
Nobody in the fucking alliance owns Lordaeron, the people who owns Lordaeron are either part of the Forsaken or in the Argent or Scarlet factions. And even they are in the minority compared to how many dead people from Lordaeron are in the Forsaken
>>
>>315386168
Dude replay Warcraft 3. Everything you said is wrong.

Theramore was founded by Jaina Proudmoore who (and I am quoting her) "Leader of the survivors of Lordaeron." This means a large portion of the people living on Theramore island are the people or Lordaeron.

Arthas army came from the army he raised while in Lordaeron which he took and destroyed Silvermoon. He then raised the Elves he just killed and placed them under Sylvannis command because he enjoyed Irony (stated in WC3 and TFT)

Lordaeron is a member of the Alliance so first off yes they DO own Lordaeron. Second the people or Lordaeron AT THE TIME OF THE START OF WOW AND THE END OF WC3 are either living in Theramore Island or serving the Alliance in Darlaaran (both stated clearly in TFT) while the Forsaken is made up of mostly undead elves and demons.

Living people of Lordaeron who serve the Alliance have a greater claim over undead Elves who took it by force.
>>
>>315386568
The survivors of Lordaeron have no more claim over it than the deceased of Lordaeron, provided they can think rationally in their unlife.

You have plenty of non-banshee units when you play TFT under Sylvanas control.
>>
Can anyone explain why at the start of vanilla WoW there is a strong human presence on Azeroth? This is confusing, because this is the history of humans in WC3:
>Rule over all of Azeroth along with dwarves, elves, gnomes
>Undead come and fuck shit up
>Small group of humans escape under the command of Jaina Proudmoore
>Human army goes to Northrend
>Human army dies and returns as undead, fucking remaining humans' shit up even more
>Demons come and fuck the rest of the humans' shit up
>Somehow there are still humans alive
>Sylvanas finishes fucking up humans' shit

How the fuck are there still any humans left at all? Let alone enough to have a functioning kingdom, and let alone that functioning kingdom to be the core of the, somehow still active, Alliance. Is there any explanation at all?
>>
HOW DID THEY MANAGE IT

THOSE ORCS LOOK SO REAL

IT LOOKS REALER THAN REAL

WHOA
>>
>>315386568
>Lordaeron is a member of the Alliance so first off yes they DO own Lordaeron
What you are saying is the equivalent of someone calming that the US owns every NATO member state simple because they are members of NATO.
>while the Forsaken is made up of mostly undead elves and demons
Well not any more they aren't, they are made up of mostly dead people from Lordaeron and they always were, and there was only one fucking demon in their entire ranks.
>>
>>315386695
Blizzard are retards that can't into numbers.

According to official numbers, there's like 100 times the amount of humans than the rest of the races combined.
>>
>>315386695
Easy
>Warcraft 3 was Humans living in Lordaeron
>World of Warcraft is the humans living in Stormwind, a completely different kingdom far away from Lordaeron.
>>
>>315386682
Except the survivors are serving the Alliance, and Lordaeron is a member of the Alliance so Lordaeron is simply occupied land and the Alliance is fighting to retake its territory. All of a suddenly undead Elves come from no where and claim the land belongs to Sylvannis. Sylvannis is the leader of the undead. Also, the ghouls being used are suppose to be a undead elves.

>>315386834
No, it is like saying that if in WW2, the Soviets somehow pushed clear through Germany and "liberated" parts of France (work with this Alternate history here) the allied powers would have a greater claim over those lands then the Soviets because the Allied powers consist of the Free French.

And again. We are talking about the end of WC3 and start of WoW when the Forsaken consist of mostly Undead Elves (the Undead Sylvannis commanded) and demons. In current WoW it maybe different but we dont care about current WoW, we care about the time between WC3 and the start of vanilla WoW.
>>
>>315387292
Well if elves and demons were in such a majority in vanilla WoW then why was there only a handful of elfes and one demon? And I'm going to repeat that last one because you keep thinking that there was more then one demon in the Forsaken. But you are wrong, because there was only one demon. Get it, only one demon.

Have I made myself clear that there was only one demon in the forsaken?
>>
>>315386982
So what about all that talk about saving the human race?

>WE MUST ENSURE OUR RACE'S SURVIVAL
>But sir there's a couple million more humans just south of here
>SHUT UP WE ARE THE ONLY HUMANS BECAUSE I SAY SO
>>
>>315386695

Pretty much this:

>>315386982

The events of War 3 take place in The Kingdom of Lordaeron and it's that kingdom and its army that gets rekt.

Kingdom of Gilneas refuses to help out during these events because of the worgen curse is creeping in and shuts its gates to stop the scourge from rolling over it.

Kingdom of Stormwind is still feeling the effects of the first and second war and cannot lend aid to Lordaeron.

We don't know what happened to Kul'Tiras.

WoW features the Kingdoms of Stormwind and Gilneas.
>>
>>315387489
By replay WC3 and seeing that the Forsaken have Demons in it. Clearly you are wrong because you are completely ignoring WC3 in which demons are literally being spawned by the Forsaken

How do you not understand this? We are talking about the end of WC3 to the start of vanilla WoW.
>>
>>315387501
Saving the human race in that part of the world
>>315387617
>Kingdom of Gilneas refuses to help out during these events because of the worgen curse is creeping in and shuts its gates to stop the scourge from rolling over it.
Thats wrong, Gilneas built the wall short after the second war (Warcraft 2).
>Kingdom of Stormwind is still feeling the effects of the first and second war and cannot lend aid to Lordaeron.
No they had rebuilt at that point but Onyxia was having her way in the side so she convinced the house of noble to not send aid.
>>
>>315387692
I'm looking at the units list

I'm watching gameplay of the TFT undead campagin, I see only one demon which is the dreadlord, and how do you not understand that a majority of your forces in the end of WC3 where undead humans?
>>
>>315371962
Because arthas would do anything to stop the scourge even if it meant killing everyone he loves and selling his soul.
>>
>>315387292
>and Lordaeron is a member of the Alliance
Lordaeron as a political entity stopped existing when Arthas destroyed the kingdom and murdered the political leader.
We are talking about the region of Lordaeron, and yeah, the survivors of the invasion have no more claim over it than the thinking, rational deceased of it.
>>
>>315387692
The Undead faction campaign-wise doesn't have demons.

There's not a a single relevant, named dreadlord character you can control, and that's the only demon unit the faction has gameplay-wise.
>>
>>315387795
>>315387617
So wait, after Stormwind gets its shit kicked in by the orcs and Lordaeron has to step in to help them take it back, Stormwind sees that Lordaeron is being eaten alive by undead that will definitely not stop after they're done there, and they do nothing? Wow.

Also, are you seriously, SERIOUSLY telling me that the demons just never bothered to go further south? And the undead, too? They just took over the northern part of the Eastern continent and said "This is fine, this is all we need. Why should we antagonize our neighbors?" And they instead just went to Kalimdor. And Garithos' humans? Why the fuck were they still sticking around, surrounded by demons and undead, instead of going to Stormwind?

This is absolutely retarded. From everything we see in WC3, it's patently obvious that any other human kingdoms were fucked. But then they suddenly went "Oh shit, we need humans for our MMO!" and pulled Stormwind out of their collective asses, claiming that's the Kingdom of Azeroth from previous games. From the creative geniuses who brought you Undead in the Horde and Night Elves in the Alliance.
>>
>>315388565
This is in addition to the fact that it makes NO FUCKING SENSE that Sylvanas would keep demons in her midst. Why the fuck would she? She's probably the biggest demon hater in the entire universe at that point.
>>
>>315388858
The objective of the Scourge wasn't invading the world, it was to summon the Legion.
For that they only needed the book of Medivh that was in Dalaran, so they didn't care at all about Stormwind or Khaz Modan.

Stormwind didn't help Lordaeron probably because they didn't have time? Everything from the murder of the King to the razing of Dalaran happened in a few months at most.
>>
>>315389128
Yeah, except for that whole part where Arthas went to Northrend for several months. And you're telling my months aren't enough for Stormwind to mobilize? Or Khaz Modan? Or fucking anybody?
>>
>>315388249
Because the game says Arthas is turning elves into undead soldiers like ghouls and Sylvannis commands nothing but Elves at the start of TFT.

>>315388432
The political entity of the Alliance wants to restore Lordaeron and it is made up of living survivors of the nation. That means the Alliance has greater claim over ELVES who claim it because they want a power base.

>>315388565
>>315388956

You know I think the mistake is Im looking at things like Gargoryles and Destroyers and Im calling them demons. This is probably a mistake on my part and if so my apologies. However I do remember Varimothras able to summon Doom Guards.

That doesnt change my original point that the Forsaken were originally undead elves who took a land they have no claim over because they wanted a base of operations while the survivors of the place they took over are still alive and want their land back as per the end of WC3.
>>
>>315368134

>This movie, directed by Bowie's son, will be inferior to the version in my head where every character is played by Jemaine Clement under a thick coat of CGI and make-up and it's directed by Rob Schneider.

Why are they still trying to make video game movies? It's not possible to make a legitimately good one.
>>
warcraft 2 will be about warcraft 2
warcraft 3 will be about warcraft 3
warcraft 4 will be about pandaria
>>
>>315368327
>everyone suggesting you to watch moon because it's "good"
oh reddit is here for sure. Just dont watch the flick f.a.m, its shit
>>
>>315388858
>Stormwind sees that Lordaeron is being eaten alive by undead that will definitely not stop after they're done there, and they do nothing? Wow.
Varian did send some supply and men to help, but like I said Onyxia was in town and causing political turmoil so Varian couldn't send much.
>>315389246
During that time there was no scourge outbreak, it had been dealt with.
>>
>>315389510
>hating on Moon
It's an amazing movie, edgelord. Especially the direction, which is what matters with regard to Warcraft.
>>
>>315389259
>The political entity of the Alliance wants to restore Lordaeron and it is made up of living survivors of the nation. That means the Alliance has greater claim over ELVES who claim it because they want a power base.

The Forsaken are undead, not elves, and they have both deceased elves from Silvermoon and deceased humans from Lordaeron.

The political entity of the Alliance lost any claim to Lordaeron the moment they lost it to conquest, with that in mind, both the survivors and the raised dead from Lordaeron have the same rights to it.

>However I do remember Varimothras able to summon Doom Guards.

Don't think of the units the Undead faction has in gameplay.
Lore-wise, dreadlords are demons and so is Varimathras, they're a race of demons called nathrezim and they serve the Legion, not the Lich King, however, the Undead faction server only the Lich Kind, and despite being controlled by demons in the RoC campaign they get independent on TFT, that's why both Arthas and Sylvanas murder dreadlords left and right.
>>
>>315389246
When Arthas went to Northrend there was no invasion going in place, just some disturbances on the food supply caused by a crazy cult of necromancers.
>>
>>315369143
Is that Varian Wrynn? Why is his armor gold?
>>
>>315389625
Nobody seemed to have recommend source code yet.
>>
>>315368327
Some faggot not interested in being an old white man in the trenches
>>
>>315389740
Except for the part where entire cities were being turned into undead. How is that not an invasion? And a crazy cult of necromancers commanded entire armies of the undead.
>>
>>315371341
That change always burned me. The Horde was much better when it was irredeemably evil.
>>
>Is war the only answer?

No, no it's not
and I don't mean that from a hippy love point of view I mean that from a the war in world of warcraft is tired and pointless and only being dragged out because it's a game.
Literally like the only meaningful wars in the game are going on between Nelfs and Orcs and pretty much everything and the undead.
>>
>>315389967
>black and white morality is good
>>
File: po.jpg (34 KB, 740x596) Image search: [Google]
po.jpg
34 KB, 740x596
>>315389431
>warcraft 4 will be about pandaria

Dreamworks gonna sue their ass.
>>
>>315389967
So you want evil for the sake of evil?
>>
>>315389667
Logically yes they would have some humans in the Forsaken yes I actually do agree. However most of them would have been undead Elves (please assumed every time I typed Elves, the word undead was infront. I didnt think I would need to type that)

Im going to have to disagree with the Alliance losing claim to it with conquest. But that sounds more like a matter of techincalties and sense I doubt either of us are lawyers neither of us could argue that correctly.

You are going to have trouble convincing me that a faction that has major leaders (generals, not necessarily named characters) as people from Lordaeron and the faction once controled the area have the same or less claim as a faction thats leaders are made up of people from another country.

Im willing to admit I fucked up about the demons thing.
>>
>>315389885
Only one city was culled and that was probably reported as Arthas' doing.

Most of the time it was just Kel'Thuzad running with a few acolytes and raising skeletons on backwater towns.
>>
>>315390105
>>315390069
>being irredeemably evil is one dimensional
>implying it didn't cause the Alliance to fracture at key points when Perenholde sided with the Horde to spare his kingdom and open up a straight path into Lordaeron
>implying the irredeemable Horde didn't fracture as well when Gul'dan turned on everyone to raid Sargeras' Tomb

You can be past the point of redemption and still be compelling.
>>
>>315373632
Arthas slept for four years to assert domination over the Scourge, to reflect on his past, and to consume Ner'Zhul.

When he awoke, he unleashed a plague upon Azeroth that caused a huge amount of people to turn into rampaging zombies that sowed chaos through the land. He sent his forces to attack Stormwind and Orgrimmar, drawing heroes to Northrend.

He put numerous challenges before the players as they fight their way through Northrend, until they finally come to Icecrown Citadel and prove themselves as the world's greatest heroes. At this point, the Lich King reveals his weakness was merely an act, and slaughters all the players with a devastating magical attack. He tells Tirion that it was his objective to bait the best Azeroth had to offer, and then turn them into Death Knights that would lead his armies in consuming the whole world. Tirion, searching for his last resort, prays to the Holy Light to grant him strength and free him from his bonds. His wish is granted, and the Ashbringer is able to shatter Frostmourne in a brief opening. The Lich King is assaulted by the cursed spirits freed from his grasp, and Tirion resurrects the players to deal the final blow, resulting in Arthas' death.

Yet, the Helm of Domination is what truly holds the spirit of the Lich King, while Arthas was merely its vessel (similar to a soulstone in the Diablo universe). Tirion believes that he will have to be the one to serve as the jailor for the Lich King, but the desecrated Bolvar offers himself instead. In conclusion, Bolvar Fordragon becomes the new vessel for the Lich King, as his spirit is doomed to wrestle for control with the malevolent entity for all of eternity. It's a very similar tale to that of Tal-Rasha and Baal in Diablo 2.
>>
>>315390263
>that was probably reported as Arthas' doing.
Bullshit. Arthas was welcomed home with open arms. More than enough people survived that event to report what actually happened.

>>315390365
Evil for evil's sake is boring as shit. The orcs became interesting the moment it was revealed they were more than bloodthirsty monsters with room-temperature IQ in Celcius.
>>
If Human 02 isn't played anywhere in the movie i consider it a failure.
>>
>>315390539
This. Fucking this. If they don't make use of the amazing soundtrack the games have, especially Human 02, then everyone involved with the movie is a moron.
>>
>>315390517
Whatever, it was considered an isolated case probably.
>>
>>315390827
And that's retarded.

>A city was just invaded by undead and a demon and a lot of its citizens were turned into zombies.
>Eh, whatever, it's probably the wind.
>>
>>315390539
>>315390630
The music for the movie is being made by Ramin Djawadi, he did the music for Iron Man, Game of thrones and Pacific Rim.

Why they didn't use their own guys is beyond me.
>>
>>315391141
Well, yeah.
The demon fled to Northrend, and the leader of the Cult of the Damned got executed.
There wasn't any logical reasoning as to why there would be more, it just happened that the prince went full retard.
>>
>>315391303
Because composing a movie score is a much different thing from composing music loops for video games. It doesn't mean they won't use music from the games, it'll just be reworked so it fits into a movie better.
>>
>>315391472
Arthas was already corrupted in Stratholm.
>>
>>315391582
True but the World of Warcraft soundtrack is more then just loops.
>>
>>315391727
Well, ok, but no one knew that at that point.
>>
>>315391727
No he wasnt. He was a man who had seen some fucked up stuff and was really the sacrifice the few to save the many, even if that meant he had to sacrifice them with his own hammer.
>>
>>315391902
he was ready* to* sacrifice ...
>>
>>315390517
>orcs
>interesting
Pick one, their direction has changed and shifted more times than I care to count. Blizzard forgot there are other races in the Horde so instead of focusing on those that have different ideologies than the Orcs they change the orcs to make sure they fit in to every storyline.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>315391847
LK and Kel'thuzad even Mal'Ganis knew.
>>
>>315391785
It's still not a cinematic soundtrack, that's the point.

>>315392016
The only interesting orcs are their WC3 iteration. Pre-WC3 they were boring and in WoW, I agree, it is pathetic.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.