[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make a thief/psychotic black nigger murderer character with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
>Make a thief/psychotic black nigger murderer character with 1 INT and 10 STR.

>Make a white, goody goody super hero/ scientific prodigy genius philanthropist chosen one character with 10 INT.

>same. exact. fucking. voice.

fuck this
>>
ITS IMMERSIVE SHITLORD

JUST PLAY THIS ROLE PLAYING GAME IN THE ROLE WE WANT YOU TO PLAY
>>
>>315367953
>we gave players face customization
>now they are bitching about voice

But seriously, is it worst problem for you?
>>
>>315369926
Yes retard it ruins roleplaying
>>
>>315369926
They shouldn't have given the main character a voice. All it does is hurt the dialogue mechanics of the game. Limits what can be said and doesn't fit the characters like OP is saying.
>>
>>315370283
turn voice sound levels off and subtitles on fucklord and immerse away
>>
The voice actor for the main character is really fucking bad from what I've heard so far.
>>
>>315367953
the fuck ITS TWO FUCKING THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN PEOPLE and we still got racist shitlords claiming that blacks and white are any different and dont sound the same.
>>
>>315370283
>>315370428
Okay, I see your point. I am not retard though
>>
>>315367953

>not interested
>>
>>315369926
>we gave players face customization

nigger, what? you mean that thing that was already in the other games?
>>
>>315370553
Turning off the voice in the game doesn't bring back the roleplaying potential that was destroyed by putting the voice in in the first place.
>>
File: skyrim2.webm (323 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
skyrim2.webm
323 KB, 854x480
seven years.

http://a.uguu.se/mmzewz.mp4

http://a.uguu.se/gkbegh.mp4

http://a.uguu.se/ziwjxh.mp4
>>
>>315370553
But then theyll argue that theyll be forced to watch mouths moving with no voice for npcs.
>>
Why do they no just have a silent protagonist? Oh right because reading is too hard for "Fallout started with 3" tards.
>>
>>315370703
>Implying fallout 4 is anything like skyrim 2

Why is /v/ so entitled? These developers worked hard for 7 years to put out something for us to enjoy and yet you collectivley shit on it.
I don't know about you, but imma be playing it on launch day along with a hot cup of cocoa, HAVING FUN. Meanwhile you spergs are gonna hate on this board. Oh well have a great day :)
>>
>>315370867
Sorry, but this kind of marketing doesn't work on me.
>>
>>315370867
It's not Skyrim 2 it's Skyrim with guns
>>
Cant wait until some wannabe VAs and modders team up to read through the entire 14 gazillion lines to get more custom voices.
>>
>>315370867
what drives a man to make a post like this
>>
>>315370867
>These developers worked hard for 7 years to put out something for us to enjoy

not very hard or with any passion as well as with a complete disregard and desecration of the source material that anyone who actually enjoyed the series as a whole and not just 3 must settle to play or get nothing at all.
>>
>>315370553
The problem with a voiced character in an rpg. Is it limits the dialog options.
You must record all the lines for a voiced character.
So they shorten the speech to make it more bearable, resulting in yes no sex dialog trees.

With a silent protag, you can write an entire fucking book and they will say that all as the response. You can read exactly what your character will say.
>>
>>315370626
tumblr please go home, you're drunk
>>
>>315370703
The video against the ghouls makes combat actually look fun.
>>
>>315370753
Fallout 3 fanboys enjoyed Fallout 3 despite the silent protagonist this change is entirely aimed at getting the cinematic audience.
>>
>>315370703

That bothers me on multiple levels. Besides being an obvious reskin of the shit from Skyrim, you'd use a bobby pin to "rake" the pins.
The lockpick in Skyrim is a straight piece of metal, it makes sense to use the single pin method rather than the rake method, but not if you're using a wavy pick.
>>
>>315367953
what have you expected?
that the ape suddenly goes "bix nood poppin caps mofucka" ?
>>
>>315371258

>So they shorten the speech to make it more bearable

No, they shorten it to make sure the player doesn't hear it all twice. Compare Witcher 1 and Witcher 2.

The most important question however is why they decided this was a good idea for a Bethesda game, since it will most assuredly fuck over race mods and such.
>>
>>315370867
just because it's """""fun""""" doesnt make it good
>>
>>315370416
Then why have character customization at all?
>>
>>315370867
even ESO let you pick your voice for a silent protag...
>>
>>315372589
And in NWN2 you can choose from about 20 voices... because your character has about 10 short phrases and sounds he can produce.
>>
>>315371416
This actually happened in older games. Low int characters would often have "stupid" dialogue options.
>>
todd pls
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.