[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it, /v/, at some part of your life, you enjoyed Sonic games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
Admit it, /v/, at some part of your life, you enjoyed Sonic games. What changed?
>>
The games.
>>
>>315364938
Blue arms desu
>>
>>315365062
/thread
>>
no good games.

But i admit that the series is pretty good.

I just hate the fanbase.
>>
>>315364938
They were all bad after the Genesis.
>>
Shadow killed Sonic series
>>
Sadly nothing.
>>
memes
>>
>>315364938

I stopped being 10 and started to learn how to tell a shit game from a good one.
>>
I got better taste
>>
>>315364938
The games.

Yo who wants to boot up some S3K?
>>
>>315365164
Shadow is good though?
>>
I only ever really liked Spinball, I liked the cartoon as a kid but watching it again as an adult it was kind of annoying.

The chilli dogs one with the green robot and the rooster robot. I never saw Underground
>>
>>315364938
I still enjoy Sonic games. Just because everyone else wants to follow along and say "Sonic is bad all the time" doesn't mean I have to.
>>
Nothing. I still like the series despite all it's shit. I even thought Lost World was alright. Boom as was shit, though. There's no defending that. Luckily, it wasn't from Sonic Team.

My only issue with the series is it's fans. Hell, even it's haters are annoying. This is unfortunately a franchise you can't bring up.
>>
File: 1402544340576.png (44 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
1402544340576.png
44 KB, 500x212
>>315364938

I stuck with the series for a long time, there were a few things about Adventure that even when those games were new there was something that sort of put me off about them, but I think it was at Heroes where I started to notice the gameplay was taking a direction I wasn't sure I was totally on board with.

Then 2006 happened.
>>
I still like some sonic games, lost world was pretty fun. I just don't give a shit about going "fast" and never have, platformers are just fun for me in general. That might be why I'm ok with them.
>>
>>315364938
They stopped having hub worlds. I still sort of enjoyed sonic adventure 2'andnsonic heroes though.
>>
>>315365570
Unleashed PS3/360 had hubworlds.
>>
>>315364938
of COURSE i did the genesis games were fucking awesome

and then it became autistic furfag garbage

the end
>>
My favorite part about sonic games is when I finally get to go fast and immediately have to stop to do some platforming. Fuck off. That ruins the flow of the game.
>>
>>315365062
/thread
>>
>>315365652
Wouldn't know. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.
>>
>>315364938

They stopped being 2D sprite based platformers.
>>
>>315365279
i play through it once every year not even out of tradition the mood just strikes me
>>
>>315365761
>MUH NOSTALGIA
>>
>>315365856
autistic furfag detected
>>
>>315365817
I used to do that with sonic adventure. My dreamcast broke though.
>>
>>315365062
First reply is always best reply.
>>
>>315365928
The first sonic adventure was not furfag shit. Relax.
>>
File: Chris.jpg (109 KB, 1135x1520) Image search: [Google]
Chris.jpg
109 KB, 1135x1520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICl_2RNnBg
>>
>>315364938
They tried doing 3d
>>
I feel that there's a Sonic I like for every Sonic I don't and the music is almost always godtier
>>
File: 13135445.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
13135445.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>315366115
Please not again
>>
>>315364938
Because they were just platformers with no grimdark shit. You know, like Super Mario Bros. but faster. There was no plot to even think about aside from BADGUY IS BAD. HIT BAD GUY. No one gives a shit about any motivations or whatever.
>>
i became a cynical piece of shit
>>
nope, I only enjoyed sonic adventure 2 as it was literally the only sonic game I ever played. Always a nintenbaby
>>
>>315366232
I don't give a rat's ass about some backstory where tails was molested by Rush Limbaugh as a child or whatever.
>>
Remember when the games were edgy in a good way that had story implications. I always thought as Shadow was fighting the Biolizard he was thinking about the decision he made and if it was the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8iQ4Ew7U4I

I hope Sonic isn't shit one day, Adventure 2 had a legit interesting story.
>>
>>315364938

Sonic changed. I loved Colors and Generations but the last non-handheld Sonic I enjoyed fully was Adventure 2.

I really don't grasp where the hate for the SA games comes from for many. To each his own but I think they are decent despite their age

Top 5 Sonic games are CD, 3K, SA2B, Colors, Generations.

It's a fucking shame Sega didn't just milk some sequels on the Generations engine for a few years. No one would have complained

Game sold several million world wide
>>
File: title_small.png (8 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
title_small.png
8 KB, 320x224
>>315364938
it reached it's pinnacle too early, inb4 i like this one more since 3&k is too much stop and go, it doesn't flow as well
>>
I found my love to sonic again, after i watched sephirotsword57.
>>
>>315366361
Fuck Shadow. That was some edgy Chris Chan spillover shit there.

>"Guys! Let's make VEGETA into a HEDGEHOG!!! :D"

>"BRILLIANT!!!"
>>
>>315367043
While he is Vegeta the Hedgehog, I totally agree with you, In SA2 and only SA2 I felt like he had a fucking purpose for being there. He was exacting revenge and he had a clear goal. It was a cool turning point where he had the internal conflict of joining the good side.

That's why I feel like Shadow only really does work in SA2 because while being edgy at least he has a sweet goal of revenge to go with it, and not being a military worker for the people that murdered everything he loved.
>>
>>315364938
the 90's ended

SEGA could pump out some new games that played exactly like sonic 3 and I wouldn't give a shit if they didn't have the style/attitude/mj music that Sonic 3 has

good thing I stopped giving a shit about Sonic games after Adventure
>>
It's a meme to hate sonic
>>
>>315367251
That's your nostalgia talking. He was just as cringe inducing in sonic adventure 2.
>>
Amy Rose started giving me boners and now I just want to fuck her rather than focus on the gameplay.
>>
>>315368902
Maybe it is, I played it recently with a few buds over and we had a good time. Maybe we just think its fun and its not nostalgia. I still think Shadow is 100x more cringe in 06 where hes edgy for the sake of edgy and in Shadow the Hedgehog where he betrays everyone and says damn all the time.
>>
When they never made any legitimate attempt to make the series work in 3D

When they started forcing unnecessary D tier anime plots and secondary characters into every game

When they started blatantly catering to their degenerate furry fanbase

THE FUCKING VOICE ACTING
>>
They made Sonic 3.
>>
File: 1444702845866.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1444702845866.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>Bought Lost World
>Still having fun
>>
I really really loved playing Sonic CD on my Xperia Play. It was so perfect.
>>
Games got bad.

The ones I enjoyed I still enjoy.
>>
>>315370251
The save system in sonic 3 has one of the dumbest implementations of a save system i have ever seen, lives, continues, perfect in special stage, score, time, all became pointless, good thing you can play without a save though, and the game is better without it
>>
Actually me and my friend just got done unlocking everything in the port of SA2B today. We then spent a few hours figuring out skips in all the multiplayer levels. I never stopped enjoying sanic, I just discovered other games.
>>
>>315364938
I still enjoy it. Not as much as I used to, but still like it overall.
>>
>>315364938
Nope, was always a Mario/Mega Man fan growing up, didn't play a Sonic game until 07/08 where I forced myself to play the original trilogy because Brawl. Absolutely hated it, would much rather explore than go fast.
>>
>>315364938
>What changed?

I played Sonic Heroes

That team mechanic was lame as fuck. All I wanted was to do was GOES FAST with awesome music. Then I played Sonic Advance 3 and I just couldn't take it any goddamn more Ocean Palace Act 1 and 2 were cool though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1OGFeHb-M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG-RZ8w9ZMg
>>
>>315371915
Sounds like you would like Sonic CD
>>
Still do enjoy them. Tired of these shitty 2D games though. The 3D ones are a lot better tbqh
>>
Sonic Heroes got boring after the first level. Shadow just felt like a blander version of Heroes with one character instead of three. I liked the Advance games. Then 2006 and Rush came along. By the time of Heroes and Shadow I was out of my 'YAY SONIC' phase, but those two games pretty much cemented my disinterest. Sonic Gems Collection felt like a disappointment too, now that I think about it.
>>
File: soniccycle.png (434 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
soniccycle.png
434 KB, 800x600
>>315364938
>be Genesisfag growing up
>never have a sega console after that
>get gamecube and sega goes third party
>holy shit i can finally play 3d sonic
>get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
>everything but the sonic and shadow sections are borderline unplayable
>even back then I thought the sonic sections had piss poor camera and twitchy controls

They honestly never really figured out how to make Sonic work in 3D. They just threw a ton of different gameplay mechanics and just tried to see what sticks. They never just focus strictly on platforming.

I've played Heroes, 06, Secret Rings, Colors and Generations since then. Generations was the only game that actually was solid. It wasn't amazing like so many anons will claim, but those first couple of 3D sections were the first time I played 3D sonic and it felt like there was real momentum and good level design.

Just give me more of that without stupid gimmicks like wisps.
>>
File: 17_0.jpg (240 KB, 1811x725) Image search: [Google]
17_0.jpg
240 KB, 1811x725
Next game will decide whether I should bother to keep playing this series.

And then the next game. And the game after that. I'm like a beaten wife with this fucking franchise. Just holding out for some hope that a Sonic game can truly be called 'Amazing' again
>>
File: 800px-SSS_SONIC04.png (761 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-SSS_SONIC04.png
761 KB, 800x600
>>315365062
This desu ne
>>
I was sitting eating with my good buddy, Tails, we had been the best of friends for years. Unbeknownst to Tails, I wanted to be more then friends, I had felt like this for a long time now. After our meal, I and Tails had to go to the toilet simultaneously, we both used the urinals, shamefully, I had taken a peek at his penis while he was relieving himself. The worst part? I found it arousing, god I found it so arousing, I jerked off over it the same night, and done the same for many days and nights to come. Lately, Tails had been acting funny around me, whenever I said that I had to go the toilet, he said he had to go too, I didn't mind of course, I loved it, everyday looking at the penis I so badly wanted. After all this had gone on for months, one day it led to something else.

Sonic walked into the bathroom with his buddy Tails, Sonic got his penis out and began to relieve himself, Tails also got his penis out, Sonic looked at Tails crotch, expecting to see him relieving himself, but instead, he was gently stroking himself, Sonic found this arousing to no ends. Unfortunately, this gave Sonic an erection, Sonic didn't notice, but Tails looked down at his pride and licked his lips, the reason Sonic didn't notice was because, without realising he was staring at Tails penis and the way he was pleasuring himself. Tails grinned slyly and reached across and began to stroke Sonic's cock "T-Tails, what are you doing?" Sonic asked in between gasps of pleasure "Exactly what you want me to!" Sonic looked shocked "How did you know?" Tails smirked "Did you think I didn't see you looking at my cock all this time, and do you think I didn't look at yours?" Sonic smirked "Well, little buddy, I can see why we get along so well!" Sonic wrapped his arms around Tails' neck and kissed him.
(continued)
>>
>>315375741
He then pressed him against the wall, their penises were touching. Tails began to moan into their kiss, this motivated Sonic further, he grabbed ahold of his own 8 inch penis and started to run it against Tails' stomach, this in turn caused him to moan, this continued, Sonic was about to orgasm, Tails grabbed his penis and placed it off of him, preventing Sonic reaching an orgasm "Wha?" Tails began to stroke it slowly and then began to toss him off "Ah! So good!" Sonic said as he slowly began to reach his orgasm again "HERE I COME!!!" Sonic cried as he orgasmed, it shot into the air and slowly dripped down Tails glove "My turn, Sonic!" Sonic grabbed is cock, but then Tails stopped him "Not quite!" Tails reached around Sonic's back and stuck a single finger into his anus, Sonic gulped but then slowly grinned "Ok!" Sonic got to the floor, Tails positioned himself behind him, he slowly put the head of his 5 inch cock inside Sonic's anal opening "AH!" Sonic cried as the pain rushed to him, Tails paused and looked at Sonic, he nodded, Tails slowly pushed in and out, Sonic grunted each and every time, whether in pleasure and pain was not known, Tails sped up a bit and Sonic began to scream "That's it, you like that Sonic? You want some of this?" Tails cried in pleasure as he pushed in and out "Yes, Tails, I love it! Please, more!" Tails slapped Sonic's butt-cheek "AH!" Tails grinned "You address me only as Master, got it?" Sonic nodded slowly as he moaned in pleasure, Tails thrusted faster and faster, Sonic became so lost in ecstasy that he wasn't sure whether he was coming or going, literally.

Tails grabbed his shoulders and pushed in one last time and Sonic cried in pleasure as Tails filled him up with his semen "Whoo! Boy, Tails, you can have a party!" he nodded as they cleaned themselves up, as well as helped each other(A/N: You go guys!).

Yep! And ever since then me and Tails have been together.

FIN
>>
nothing, I still play levels from sonic generations every so often and replay SA whenever i decide to break the dreamcast out, but it's mostly used for Street Fighter Alpha 3.

just because the fans are shit doesn't mean the games are. okay all of the games that came out after 2001 were shit except generations and the fast parts of the warehog one.

I heard the medieval themed one wasn't too bad but nobody played that shit, right?
>>
I like to fuck my cat.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.